Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... - TV/Movies (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... (161266 Views)

The Legend Of Wale Williams, By Roye-Okupe / Avatar The Last Airbender And Legend Of Korra Lovers / Avatar; The Legend Of Korra Book 4: Balance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by UjSizzle(f): 7:29am On Nov 03, 2014
You guys should relax. It's not like Aang won all his Avatar state battles biko. Let's wait and see what happens with Kuvira in the end.

2 Likes

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by SlizzyEasyE: 8:46am On Nov 03, 2014
Kuvira is indeed Insane
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by nani667: 9:22am On Nov 03, 2014
UjSizzle:
You guys should relax. It's not like Aang won all his Avatar state battles biko. Let's wait and see what happens with Kuvira in the end.

Err.... Actually Aang won all of his avatar state battles....with some Awesomeness I might add......
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by cao(f): 12:09pm On Nov 03, 2014
I think folks forget every Avatar is different, Korra went from being a headstrong and gifted bender, she could bend at incredibly early age, which of cause made her headstrong and an offensive bender. She'd dive fists first

Aang was a monk, which made him an extremely defensive bender, his tactic was to evade/avoid conflict, we all seem to forget that Bumi pointed this out. Plus, whenever Aang was in the Avatar state, it wasn't just Aang. In Roku's temple, it was Roku; in Kyoshi's trial, it was Kyoshi; during other battles, it was the combination of all Avatars.

Korra has lost her access to all the other Avatars, or have you all forgotten? So when she's in the Avatar state, it's just her, without any of the other Avatars' experience, but with access to immense power.

At the end of the day, the Avatar is still a person. Look at the last Water Avatar, didn't he lose to the face stealing spirit with his hubris and anger? Roku lost because he used put his friendship first before duty? Geez, even Aang died, 'cause he took too long to enter the Avatar state due to not letting go of Katara earlier in the episode. If his head was in the game earlier, Azula would have never struck the killing blow. If Aang was more aggressive, Amon might have never existed (maybe his tyrant dad would have been executed instead of becoming bender-less). Remember, even the previous Airbender Avatar stated he should kill Firelord Ozai.

I'm guessing Korra is trying to change her approach to things, this is a kid who always won and believed she'd always win with her fists & offensive tactics. The kid has seen failure, proper life shattering failure, she's realised she needs to grow and be a more balanced Avatar. Yes, it seems highly annoying, but she is the Avatar, she has enough on her shoulders, I'm guessing she would like to live longer than 25. I'm guessing this season is for Korra to find balance.

3 Likes

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by joywendy(f): 10:46pm On Nov 03, 2014
cao and ujsizzle you guys just summed it up!!

i don't know why people keep comparing those two. Two completely different characters abeg. i love aang and love katara. They weren't/aren't exactly perfect both had/have their flaws.

waiting patiently for the next episode smiley

but come korra better don't do anything silly in the next episode like you did in the last one. grin
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Nobody: 11:06pm On Nov 03, 2014
why are the ladies supporting korra? the stupid gal was negotiating with bloody damn terrorists, she even stupidly agree to their terms.... i think that poison also affected her brain
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by UjSizzle(f): 5:54am On Nov 04, 2014
nani667:

Err.... Actually Aang won all of his avatar state battles....with some Awesomeness I might add......
Errr NO. We've already argued this before waaaay back na. Azula fried his Avatar azzz cheesy sad

Ok and Cao has already summarised this superbly. They are two different avatars....shikena.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by pasqal09: 5:57am On Nov 04, 2014
UjSizzle:

Errr NO. We've already argued this before waaaay back na. Azula fried his Avatar azzz cheesy sad

Ok and Cao has already summarised this superbly. They are two different avatars....shikena.
How are they different? Thought that they always a reincarnate of themselves?
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by UjSizzle(f): 6:03am On Nov 04, 2014
pasqal09:

How are they different? Thought that they always a reincarnate of themselves?
Rava reincarnates and connects the new avatar to all their predecessors. If Korra lost that, then she's technically all alone. No knowledge, no rage, no additional strength. She's just a person with the spirit of light, like the first Avatar.

You should already know this na undecided
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Kezifils(m): 7:24am On Nov 04, 2014
UjSizzle:

Rava reincarnates and connects the new avatar to all their predecessors. If Korra lost that, then she's technically all alone. No knowledge, no rage, no additional strength. She's just a person with the spirit of light, like the first Avatar.

You should already know this na undecided

The 1st Avatar was reasonable and a much better fighter with no help frm any previous avatar.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by kenny1795(m): 8:27am On Nov 04, 2014
i need a link to the episode 4 and 5.... the links here are not working
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by UjSizzle(f): 9:15am On Nov 04, 2014
Kezifils:

The 1st Avatar was reasonable and a much better fighter with no help frm any previous avatar.
Uh huh. Like he didn't also make decisions that made things worse for a while? undecided
Eg. Disentangling Vaatu from Rava's grip?
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Nobody: 9:23am On Nov 04, 2014
kenny1795:
i need a link to the episode 4 and 5.... the links here are not working
http://mobiletvshows.co/video/list/3116017
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by nani667: 1:27pm On Nov 04, 2014
UjSizzle:

LOL.... The fact that you think Azula shooting him lightening from behind when he wasn't even fighting anyone counts tends to suggest that you're anti Aang.... Sad something...

In any case, it's true that they are two different avatars, with very different level of skill..... ✔
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by kenny1795(m): 2:10pm On Nov 04, 2014
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by UjSizzle(f): 2:17pm On Nov 04, 2014
nani667:

LOL.... The fact that you think Azula shooting him lightening from behind when he wasn't even fighting anyone counts tends to suggest that you're anti Aang.... Sad something...

In any case, it's true that they are two different avatars, with very different level of skill..... ✔
This isn't a competition, just diverse opinions *sighs*

And I am not anti-Sang. Unlike you though I'm not just seeking the destination, but also the journey to reach that destination.

Done here before someone calls me a feminist next.

1 Like

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 04, 2014
All dis one is story. Wen is episode 4 coming out jor cos episode 5 was kinda disappointing doe am happy varricks assistant is now a real character and not a non talking character
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by UjSizzle(f): 7:40pm On Nov 04, 2014
damilola5019:
All dis one is story. Wen is episode 4 coming out jor cos episode 5 was kinda disappointing doe am happy varricks assistant is now a real character and not a non talking character
Your head dey there. Glad Julie is doing something worth her loyalty now.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Nobody: 8:01pm On Nov 04, 2014
UjSizzle:

Your head dey there. Glad Julie is doing something worth her loyalty now.
i kinda have this hunch that she is just trying to trick kuvira
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by etiosa24(m): 8:08pm On Nov 04, 2014
I haven't seen sokka o.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by UjSizzle(f): 8:29pm On Nov 04, 2014
Preboy:

i kinda have this hunch that she is just trying to trick kuvira
That would be a nice twist cheesy
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 04, 2014
UjSizzle:

That would be a nice twist cheesy
after watching the way she protected verick against kuvira's boyfriend, i think there is some kinda chemistry between them two
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Nobody: 9:07pm On Nov 04, 2014
Bought the season 6 nd 7 nd dey are all incomplete. Y?
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by cao(f): 9:25pm On Nov 04, 2014
OkeEsibe:

Err...we are watching the final season (season 4) and Avatar: The Last Airbender only ran for 3 seasons...So frankly my dear, I think you've been had.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by jboy01(m): 10:39pm On Nov 04, 2014
Pls I am a fan of the last air bender, but I haven't heard anything about this movie until now. Pls why season the film don reach? because I wan go get all and start to dey watch
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Olayinkaji(m): 11:43am On Nov 05, 2014
Make we just dey watch. But when would be the final episode. In my opinion I feel if the writers or producers has the "game of thrones" instinct, Korra and the avatar cycle might actually end in this season. If Korra should win the battle being alive, it would just be a cycle all over again. Make Dem just end the avatar ish once and for all. Besides we have no avatar here na tongue
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by joywendy(f): 8:07pm On Nov 05, 2014
OkeEsibe:

omo they don carry your money go. season 6 and 7 ke? grin grin
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Jesuspikin7: 7:57am On Nov 06, 2014
joywendy:

spoilers where?

book four.

read more from here. just type her name you would get answers

i don't want to be among the spoilers grin

avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Avatar_Wiki
Bros pls don't be annoyed is season 5 movie out Or is that you guys are just reading the script from that website
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by pasqal09: 12:02pm On Nov 06, 2014
#TeamAang!

2 Likes

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by nani667: 1:48pm On Nov 06, 2014
pasqal09:
#TeamAang!

One word..... BOSS ✔
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by joywendy(f): 3:40pm On Nov 06, 2014
Jesuspikin7:

Bros pls don't be annoyed is season 5 movie out Or is that you guys are just reading the script from that website

first off all i no be bros grin

secondly there is no such thing has season 5 movie.

avatar legend of korra has only four seasons. currently we are in the fourth season and the last.

WE AREN'T READING OR WRITING OUT ANY SCRIPT.

There are links on the thread for you to watch the episodes.

pasqal09 nice photo. smiley
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by pasqal09: 3:42pm On Nov 06, 2014
joywendy:

first off all i no be bros grin

secondly there is no such thing has season 5 movie.

avatar legend of korra has only four seasons. currently we are in the fourth season and the last.

WE AREN'T READING OR WRITING OUT ANY SCRIPT.

There are links on the thread for you to watch the episodes.

pasqal09 nice photo. smiley

Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (52) (Reply)

20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget / The Best Seasonal Movies Ever Produced In America. What Do You Say? / One Piece (anime/manga)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.