Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,923 members, 7,821,237 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (678977 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:29am On Feb 11, 2015
jojonile:
Good day VO, please can you kindly help me out with the DNA kits,I have still not heard from your office and the tracking confirms that its been delivered to the embassy. Thanks ma. LGS2014651009.

Please keep in mind that "delivered to the [Consulate]" means that the kits are at the mailroom, which processes a HUGE amount of mail. So it can take a couple of days for the kits to move from the mailroom to the Consular section, and another day to my desk. If they hit my desk too late in the day, I won't get to them until the next day; and then the staff contacts the families with instructions for setting up appointments. So if the kits just got here recently, please be patient -- you'll hear from us soon!

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:30am On Feb 11, 2015
stunning4real:
I am a silent reader, I have been following your post. I must say you are doing a great job. I can't but commend you ma. God bless you real good

Thanks so much for the kind words! I love Nairaland. grin

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:31am On Feb 11, 2015
Lerzy:
Dear VO,
I went for my interview today and I was given a 221(g) form and the consular told me to get a new passport, since the old one had been mutilated. On the form it says I can go on Monday or Wednesday by 12:00pm with my new passport. I want to ask if I need to take all my supporting documents and if I would be interviewed when next I go to the embassy. Thank you

Were you interviewed at all? Or just told to come back when you have a new passport? If you weren't interviewed, yes, you should bring your supporting documents and be prepared to answer some questions. Good luck!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:35am On Feb 11, 2015
Kenechukwu1591:
Hello, Thank you for this opportunity.
My Name is Kenechukwu Udechukwu. I am a FULL time medical student in the four-year Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree program at All Saints University, Dominica. I have successfully completed the first phase of the degree program lasting a period of two academic years. I am scheduled to start my clinical clerkship at Jackson Park Hospital in Chicago, USA on 16th February, 2015.

I came back to Nigeria, my country, on 31st January, 2015 purely for the purpose of applying for and obtaining an American Visa to enable me proceed to United States on 15th February, 2015. I attended the Visa Interview on February 9th, 2015 and I was refused a Visa under section 214B.

I had previously been denied a visa in barbados when I attempted to visit my Uncle while in school who invited me for a Christmas holiday in December 2013 On the present new application, I stated that I had no relative or family in the US and when I was asked by the interviewer, my answer was "No" as that was the FIRST question she asked me. After typing some few things on the system, she said that I am denied under Section 214(b) of the U.S immigration and Nationality Act, without even looking at my documents. I feel this is because I had lied about my relative living in the US on the new application. I have informed my school and they have re-scheduled my timetable for the clinical rotation in the US. i am currently waiting for the documents from my school concerning that. Please do i still have a chance of getting a Visa?

I wish to re-apply for the visa and state the truth this time but I don’t know how to go about it. Kindly advise me.

Technically this is a question for the non-immigrant visa thread at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening -- but the response will likely be "We don't comment on individual cases." I would add that you may have hurt your credibility very very badly by lying in response to the very first question. You're free to apply again, but you're really going to have to work to prove that you're credible. I do wish you the best of luck -- I know clinical clerkship is a big deal!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Lerzy: 7:55am On Feb 11, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Were you interviewed at all? Or just told to come back when you have a new passport? If you weren't interviewed, yes, you should bring your supporting documents and be prepared to answer some questions. Good luck!

Thank you, I was interviewed. It was the consular that gave me a 221(g) stating I should come back to the embassy with the letter he gave me and a new passport. Do I still need to go for an interview?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 8:14am On Feb 11, 2015
Do i need to contact a lawyer? how do i prove that i am credible outside telling the truth. I said "No" to the relative question because i thought the officer was asking if i had any relative in Chicago where i was going to do my rotation. I realized i was wrong after i came back and i reviewed my application again.

VisaOfficer:

Technically this is a question for the non-immigrant visa thread at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening -- but the response will likely be "We don't comment on individual cases." I would add that you may have hurt your credibility very very badly by lying in response to the very first question. You're free to apply again, but you're really going to have to work to prove that you're credible. I do wish you the best of luck -- I know clinical clerkship is a big deal!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:17am On Feb 11, 2015
Lerzy:

Thank you, I was interviewed. It was the consular that gave me a 221(g) stating I should come back to the embassy with the letter he gave me and a new passport. Do I still need to go for an interview?

My guess is that we just need your new passport, but since I'm not familiar with your case, I suppose it's possible that the officer might have additional questions for you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:20am On Feb 11, 2015
Kenechukwu1591:
Do i need to contact a lawyer? how do i prove that i am credible outside telling the truth. I said "No" to the relative question because i thought the officer was asking if i had any relative in Chicago where i was going to do my rotation. I realized i was wrong after i came back and i reviewed my application again.

An attorney likely won't be of any use in this case. (Keep in mind that no one is entitled per se to a non-immigrant visa, and you did misrepresent the truth, so based on what you've written it's possible that you simply don't qualify for the visa. Also, we're assuming it's because you didn't admit your uncle is there, but there might be another reason altogether -- I have no way of knowing based on what you've written.) Telling the truth and explaining yourself well in the next interview would be the very best thing you could do.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 8:26am On Feb 11, 2015
What are my chances of getting approved after i tell the whole truth? is there any duration or time frame for me to re-apply again? Do i need to apply for a Waiver of my Misrepresentation?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
An attorney likely won't be of any use in this case. (Keep in mind that no one is entitled per se to a non-immigrant visa, and you did misrepresent the truth, so based on what you've written it's possible that you simply don't qualify for the visa. Also, we're assuming it's because you didn't admit your uncle is there, but there might be another reason altogether -- I have no way of knowing based on what you've written.) Telling the truth and explaining yourself well in the next interview would be the very best thing you could do.[/quote]
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 8:34am On Feb 11, 2015
VisaOfficer:

An attorney likely won't be of any use in this case. (Keep in mind that no one is entitled per se to a non-immigrant visa, and you did misrepresent the truth, so based on what you've written it's possible that you simply don't qualify for the visa. Also, we're assuming it's because you didn't admit your uncle is there, but there might be another reason altogether -- I have no way of knowing based on what you've written.) Telling the truth and explaining yourself well in the next interview would be the very best thing you could do.

What are my chances of getting approved after i tell the whole truth? is there any duration or time frame for me to re-apply again? Do i need to apply for a Waiver of my Misrepresentation?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Lerzy: 8:59am On Feb 11, 2015
VisaOfficer:

My guess is that we just need your new passport, but since I'm not familiar with your case, I suppose it's possible that the officer might have additional questions for you.

Thanks for your assistance, so its a 50/50 option that I might be asked an additional question? If yes, what question will I be asked.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by shea(f): 9:13am On Feb 11, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Greetings! Sorry to hear about your fiance's diagnosis, but it's good that he knows and can get proper treatment now. And having hepatitis B is not an ineligibility for entering the United States. He'll be advised to seek treatment and to comply with medical advice, but he won't be kept out on that basis. Hope this helps!
Thanks very much ma, really appreciate your response.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:42am On Feb 11, 2015
Kenechukwu1591:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are questions for the non-immigrant visa thread at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:43am On Feb 11, 2015
Lerzy:

Thanks for your assistance, so its a 50/50 option that I might be asked an additional question? If yes, what question will I be asked.

These are questions for the non-immigrant visa thread at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening , and also there is no way we would answer them beyond saying JUST TELL THE TRUTH.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by jojonile: 9:54am On Feb 11, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Please keep in mind that "delivered to the [Consulate]" means that the kits are at the mailroom, which processes a HUGE amount of mail. So it can take a couple of days for the kits to move from the mailroom to the Consular section, and another day to my desk. If they hit my desk too late in the day, I won't get to them until the next day; and then the staff contacts the families with instructions for setting up appointments. So if the kits just got here recently, please be patient -- you'll hear from us soon!
Thanks ma.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by jojonile: 1:52am On Feb 12, 2015
Good morning VO, I have been scheduled for the 16th of march for the DNA sample collection, but please Iam trying to reschedule it to an earlier date due to some health reasons that warrant that I be with my spouse soonest,please how possible is it? I have mailed the consulate in regards to this with the details but my concern is that it takes them days to read mails. Thanks ma.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by mondayutum(m): 5:23am On Feb 12, 2015
Maam pls I will like to know if you can help me get my dos case number, because I never took of the data summary paper off the packet I was trying to be on the safer side cuz they warned me never to open that's why I never opened I just handed it over to the cbs I ask him were do I pay the 165usd he said its online please maam kindly help me with my dos case number here is my case number LGS2014627059 thanks me and my wife try to pay the 165usd online bt I couldn't have the dos case number
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by tosintestimony: 6:32am On Feb 12, 2015
Hello VO, i have confirmations from NVC that the hard copy of our documents is already at the US consulate. Please how long does it take for mails to be processed from the mailroom at the consulate, to your office. Also, though am not trying to appear selfish or inconsiderate nor desperate but i do believe for expedite cases, you guys fill them in the quickest available date especially if a slot becomes open all of a sudden. I really do not want the purpose for the expedite to be forfeited. Thank you

(PS: LGS2014640009)
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:18am On Feb 12, 2015
jojonile:
Good morning VO, I have been scheduled for the 16th of march for the DNA sample collection, but please Iam trying to reschedule it to an earlier date due to some health reasons that warrant that I be with my spouse soonest,please how possible is it? I have mailed the consulate in regards to this with the details but my concern is that it takes them days to read mails. Thanks ma.

We process an incredible number of DNA tests, so unfortunately no reschedules are possible.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:20am On Feb 12, 2015
mondayutum:
Maam pls I will like to know if you can help me get my dos case number, because I never took of the data summary paper off the packet I was trying to be on the safer side cuz they warned me never to open that's why I never opened I just handed it over to the cbs I ask him were do I pay the 165usd he said its online please maam kindly help me with my dos case number here is my case number LGS2014627059 thanks me and my wife try to pay the 165usd online bt I couldn't have the dos case number

Unfortunately I can't help you with this one. You should contact USCIS directly and ask them what the number is.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:24am On Feb 12, 2015
tosintestimony:
Hello VO, i have confirmations from NVC that the hard copy of our documents is already at the US consulate. Please how long does it take for mails to be processed from the mailroom at the consulate, to your office. Also, though am not trying to appear selfish or inconsiderate nor desperate but i do believe for expedite cases, you guys fill them in the quickest available date especially if a slot becomes open all of a sudden. I really do not want the purpose for the expedite to be forfeited. Thank you

(PS: LGS2014640009)

I'm not sure how NVC could confirm that the items have arrived here in Lagos -- only that they've left NVC and are definitely on their way. ? At any rate, it only takes a couple of days at most for mail to move from the mailroom to my desk. I got a lot of mail yesterday but your case was not among it. We do give expedited cases the earliest available date, never fear.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:49am On Feb 12, 2015
jojonile:

If I may add, Mam you are really lucky. I had my DNA sample taken three 3 months after my interview.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by jojonile: 8:17am On Feb 12, 2015
VisaOfficer:

We process an incredible number of DNA tests, so unfortunately no reschedules are possible.
Thank you so much ma, I'm still very grateful.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by jojonile: 8:24am On Feb 12, 2015
chukwumaebenmel:

If I may add, Mam you are really lucky. I had my DNA sample taken three 3 months after my interview.
Wow! Did'nt know it takes this long, I think we don't appreciate what we have until we see people who will give anything to have them. Visa Officer I'm really really really grateful once again.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by tosintestimony: 12:23pm On Feb 12, 2015
VisaOfficer:

I'm not sure how NVC could confirm that the items have arrived here in Lagos -- only that they've left NVC and are definitely on their way. ? At any rate, it only takes a couple of days at most for mail to move from the mailroom to my desk. I got a lot of mail yesterday but your case was not among it. We do give expedited cases the earliest available date, never fear.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by tosintestimony: 12:36pm On Feb 12, 2015
Thanks VO, The NVC Representative stated and I quote "the last follow up from the Embassy over there in Lagos, this was on 27th of January which is about 2weeks ago, did you get an email from Lagos?........[fastforward]......shoot them an email just let them know you are still waiting for a follow up for your appointment and they will be able to provide you with a status on it cause, just from what I see cause I don't have much information here but it looks like they just got it, about 3weeks ago is when they received it". I believe you, don't get me wrong, I'm just trying to understand if everything is going as it should, especially the duration between when NVC sends documents like that, and when it is being received. Please I would appreciate an update as time goes on, even though this wait is really emotionally stressful. Thank you and well done for a good job to you and all your colleagues.

VisaOfficer:

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by aforex4u: 12:59pm On Feb 12, 2015
Hello ma,
I have been following the other thread before it was cut shot........pls i have a very urgent question that needs a very great attention, my brother's wife is pregnant and in the usa in houston dallas....shes an american citizen but her husband is here in nigeria they havent been able to file in yet because the issue the husband had when he won the visa lottery about two identity issue but the wife needs his attention right there....i want to ask can he apply for a visit visa to american embassy for a visa to be able to meet his wife or what would you advice he do now plssssssss.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by mondayutum(m): 2:13pm On Feb 12, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Unfortunately I can't help you with this one. You should contact USCIS directly and ask them what the number is.
ok maam I will do just that maam thank you
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by amiableobi: 4:22pm On Feb 12, 2015
Hello visa officer,
I am scheduled for my immigrant visa interview on the 19th of march. In the letter sent to me, there was no mention of doing medicals. What is the way forward? Is it compulsory to do the medicals or should I do without it? If so, pls which hospital should I use since the letter did not state any.
Thanks.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:23am On Feb 13, 2015
tosintestimony:
Thanks VO, The NVC Representative stated and I quote "the last follow up from the Embassy over there in Lagos, this was on 27th of January which is about 2weeks ago, did you get an email from Lagos?........[fastforward]......shoot them an email just let them know you are still waiting for a follow up for your appointment and they will be able to provide you with a status on it cause, just from what I see cause I don't have much information here but it looks like they just got it, about 3weeks ago is when they received it". I believe you, don't get me wrong, I'm just trying to understand if everything is going as it should, especially the duration between when NVC sends documents like that, and when it is being received. Please I would appreciate an update as time goes on, even though this wait is really emotionally stressful. Thank you and well done for a good job to you and all your colleagues.

The case came in yesterday and we e-mailed you about your appointment date. smiley

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:24am On Feb 13, 2015
aforex4u:
Hello ma,
I have been following the other thread before it was cut shot........pls i have a very urgent question that needs a very great attention, my brother's wife is pregnant and in the usa in houston dallas....shes an american citizen but her husband is here in nigeria they havent been able to file in yet because the issue the husband had when he won the visa lottery about two identity issue but the wife needs his attention right there....i want to ask can he apply for a visit visa to american embassy for a visa to be able to meet his wife or what would you advice he do now plssssssss.

This is a question for the non-immigrant visa thread at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening . However, if your brother lied to us about his identity in a Diversity Visa case, he is probably never going to get a non-immigrant visa from us.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:25am On Feb 13, 2015
amiableobi:
Hello visa officer,
I am scheduled for my immigrant visa interview on the 19th of march. In the letter sent to me, there was no mention of doing medicals. What is the way forward? Is it compulsory to do the medicals or should I do without it? If so, pls which hospital should I use since the letter did not state any.
Thanks.

Is it a follow-up interview? If so, we'll let you know about medicals at the time of your interview.

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (223)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.