Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,203 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (154) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (678211 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by zoomzu(f): 4:56am On May 31, 2015
Dear VO,

I need information on procedure, type of visa and cost to relocate my wife and 2 kids to the U.S. Please avail me information and what to do and how to go about it.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by owolabi123A: 11:31am On May 31, 2015
Dear Visa Officer,
My wife is a US citizen, we already had a two years old son in the marriage and d boy is living with her In US and she's filing for me via USCIS/NVC. Sir, the issue is that i was in two failed marriages that produced no children. The first marriage was to a lady that won US Visa Lottery, we adjusted our status to accommodate both of us but unfortunate the lady died of ghastly accident before our Visa interview at the US Embassy, so we did not enter for interview at all and i had to remarried a year and two months after losing my first wife and fortunately, My second wife's Brother involved my her in US lottery before we met and she won alone and we had to adjust our status again to include both of us but unfortunate I caught my wife in the act of fornication at the death hour and she ran away and abandoned me and up till now i never set my eyes on her and based on this i didn't enter embassy with her for interview but i learnt she entered alone on my surname with her other names in the International Passport and she was refused and this was an incident of 2007/2008, there's no children in my two previous marriages and i didn't enter US Embassy at all for any interview and i have never apply for any Visa to any another country not even once except the one i narrated. Sir, so this present one is my third marriage and to a US Citizen, hope my previous marriage ll not affect my forthcoming Immigrant Visa Interview at US Embassy though i have documented Death and Divorce certificates to support my previous marriages.We initiated DNA Test and We did DNA Test of our only child to support our bonafide marriage and we were both certified as parents of the child and the US Laboratory has sent it to US Embassy since i have already been scheduled for interview appointment on 28th July, 2015, hope we are safe of getting the visa sir, kindly advice us on dis. Thank you sir
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by queenkaf: 7:44pm On May 31, 2015
Dear visa officer;

I have two questions please...firstly,i made a mistake on my ds-160 form but i have used the code to book my interview and now if i fill another one the code would be different from what is on my appointment confirmation document and i wont be allowed into the interview please what can i do

Secondly when booking my appointment ...there is d page that asked for my personal details and priority date ..i made a mistake and filled a wrong priority date......

Now i am very nervous bcause i dont want anything to spoil my visa process ..

My interview is on the 16th of july
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by dcpromo: 2:20am On Jun 01, 2015
Thanks for your patience! I found it difficult to comprehend what this participant message is all about, looking at your background, i am surprised that you were able to comprehend all and responded accordingly!

Please keep up the good work! We all love you here! Please do have a stress free week!

VisaOfficer:

Yes, please do send us an e-mail. (I went ahead and changed the visa category to IR-1, by the way.)

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by chimsyluv(f): 8:02am On Jun 01, 2015
VisaOfficer:

We had to reschedule several cases, unfortunately. But we did inform all parties either by phone or by e-mail. I'm sorry we can't offer you an earlier date.

Good morning ma,how was ur weekend, pls I want to ask,i wasn't given any invitation paper dat day that carries July 2,was just given my former invitation letter n ask to come on 2ndjuly,
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by chimsyluv(f): 8:17am On Jun 01, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Sure, if you're not a Diversity Visa applicant. Please e-mail us at LagosIV@state.gov.

If you're a DV applicant, you must attend your scheduled appointment date. No reschedules are permitted for DV cases.

Ma pls pardon me,can I b used to replace him,my date is 28thmay but was reschedule to July 2,
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:49am On Jun 01, 2015
zoomzu:
Dear VO,

I need information on procedure, type of visa and cost to relocate my wife and 2 kids to the U.S. Please avail me information and what to do and how to go about it.

Thank you.

Please see http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate.html for information about visa categories.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:51am On Jun 01, 2015
owolabi123A:
Dear Visa Officer,
My wife is a US citizen, we already had a two years old son in the marriage and d boy is living with her In US and she's filing for me via USCIS/NVC. Sir, the issue is that i was in two failed marriages that produced no children. The first marriage was to a lady that won US Visa Lottery, we adjusted our status to accommodate both of us but unfortunate the lady died of ghastly accident before our Visa interview at the US Embassy, so we did not enter for interview at all and i had to remarried a year and two months after losing my first wife and fortunately, My second wife's Brother involved my her in US lottery before we met and she won alone and we had to adjust our status again to include both of us but unfortunate I caught my wife in the act of fornication at the death hour and she ran away and abandoned me and up till now i never set my eyes on her and based on this i didn't enter embassy with her for interview but i learnt she entered alone on my surname with her other names in the International Passport and she was refused and this was an incident of 2007/2008, there's no children in my two previous marriages and i didn't enter US Embassy at all for any interview and i have never apply for any Visa to any another country not even once except the one i narrated. Sir, so this present one is my third marriage and to a US Citizen, hope my previous marriage ll not affect my forthcoming Immigrant Visa Interview at US Embassy though i have documented Death and Divorce certificates to support my previous marriages.We initiated DNA Test and We did DNA Test of our only child to support our bonafide marriage and we were both certified as parents of the child and the US Laboratory has sent it to US Embassy since i have already been scheduled for interview appointment on 28th July, 2015, hope we are safe of getting the visa sir, kindly advice us on dis. Thank you sir

Was the DNA collection done here at the Consulate?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:52am On Jun 01, 2015
queenkaf:
Dear visa officer;

I have two questions please...firstly,i made a mistake on my ds-160 form but i have used the code to book my interview and now if i fill another one the code would be different from what is on my appointment confirmation document and i wont be allowed into the interview please what can i do

Secondly when booking my appointment ...there is d page that asked for my personal details and priority date ..i made a mistake and filled a wrong priority date......

Now i am very nervous bcause i dont want anything to spoil my visa process ..

My interview is on the 16th of july

What visa category are you applying for?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:52am On Jun 01, 2015
chimsyluv:

Good morning ma,how was ur weekend, pls I want to ask,i wasn't given any invitation paper dat day that carries July 2,was just given my former invitation letter n ask to come on 2ndjuly,

Your name will be on our entry list for July 2.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:53am On Jun 01, 2015
chimsyluv:

Ma pls pardon me,can I b used to replace him,my date is 28thmay but was reschedule to July 2,

I'm sorry, but no, we can't do that. Diversity Visas are handled differently than other types of visas (and even if they weren't, we're expecting him to keep his original appointment date).
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by lizziepeks: 3:34pm On Jun 01, 2015
lizziepeks:

Ma I just checked the CEAC website and yes Ma it says transfer in progress thank you so much Ma God Bless you, Ma wanted to ask when can I expect it to get to Lagos? And Ma would my case number be the same LND or would it change to LGS thank you ma

Ma saying thank you would not accomplish the feeling inside of me today, Ma thank you so much in-fact I heart you ma, God bless you ma, Ma I checked the website today and it says ready, Ma meaning the Lagos embassy has my case, ma should I start filling the ds-160 and go sort out medicals and police certificate? Thank you ma.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 4:18pm On Jun 01, 2015
lizziepeks:

Ma saying thank you would not accomplish the feeling inside of me today, Ma thank you so much in-fact I heart you ma, God bless you ma, Ma I checked the website today and it says ready, Ma meaning the Lagos embassy has my case, ma should I start filling the ds-160 and go sort out medicals and police certificate? Thank you ma.

You're very welcome! We'll contact you as soon as we have the physical file with instructions as to how to proceed.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by tunnath: 5:40pm On Jun 01, 2015
Dv applicant ma
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 5:51pm On Jun 01, 2015
tunnath:
Dv applicant ma

In that case, you must honor your scheduled appointment, or lose the opportunity to be interviewed. Thank you!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by owolabi123A: 7:10pm On Jun 01, 2015
Dear Visa Officer,

Yes sir, the DNA was done at US Consulate, Victoria Island, Lagos

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by stableyor(m): 8:55pm On Jun 01, 2015
Dear VO
Please ma, one name is been abbreviated in my child's birth certificate I want to know if there is nothing to worry about when presenting it at the interview. your response will be highly appreciated ma.
Thanks and God bless ma
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:39am On Jun 02, 2015
owolabi123A:

Without seeing your case I have no way of knowing if you have ineligibilities or other issues, but if you're both the child's parents, that's a very strong indicator that you have a relationship with each other.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:41am On Jun 02, 2015
stableyor:
Dear VO
Please ma, one name is been abbreviated in my child's birth certificate I want to know if there is nothing to worry about when presenting it at the interview. your response will be highly appreciated ma.
Thanks and God bless ma

We're familiar with name variations. If it's clearly the same name (for instance, Oluwadamilola / Damilola), there won't be any problem.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by NaijaHulk: 7:42am On Jun 02, 2015
Hello Dear VO,

Good Day. Please I intend to sponsor a relative for education in the united states and therefore I need to show the US embassy a statement of account. He has a been offered admission from a US school for a graduate program.

Is there any way of doing this while keeping the details of the account with a good record and enough money to show that I will sponsor him away from him (private and secret)? e.g. sending it to the embassy / consular officer directly or any other method you can suggest?

As much as I want to sponsor him, I also want to keep the details of my earnings, spending's and financial information as private as I can...

Hoping for a response soon... Thanks...
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by wittfanintnig: 8:52am On Jun 02, 2015
Gudmorning ma'
Want to use this medium to say that my wife got a respond email from the consulate yesterday telling her that the case as been sent back.
In all things we should give thanks,and also want to thank and appreciate for your effort in making sure that the petition was sent out like you said,I know you 're just doing your job,but you made a great difference and help.
It means a lot for us after being keep in the dark for long after my interview,now we get to know why I was denied and take it up from there.
Once again thank you and keep up the good work and remain and stay bless.
Case Number LGS2014573016

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by lizziepeks: 8:59am On Jun 02, 2015
VisaOfficer:

You're very welcome! We'll contact you as soon as we have the physical file with instructions as to how to proceed.

Good morning ma, I wanted to confirm if you could give me a rough estimate as to when my physical file would get to lagos and ma is it possible to have my interview scheduled for June. Thank you ma
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by owolabi123A: 11:21am On Jun 02, 2015
Dear Visa Officer,

owolabi123A:

Without seeing your case I have no way of knowing if you have ineligibilities or other issues, but if you're both the child's parents, that's a very strong indicator that you have a relationship with each other.

Ma, is it possible for me to have ineligibilities or other issues when i didn't appear for any visa interview with any of my previous spouses? Ma, try and peruse my write up and explain to me.God Bless You and God Bless America. Thank you ma.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:29am On Jun 02, 2015
owolabi123A:
Ma, is it possible for me to have ineligibilities or other issues when i didn't appear for any visa interview with any of my previous spouses? Ma, try and peruse my write up and explain to me.God Bless You and God Bless America. Thank you ma.

Please take my answer at face value: I can't tell you whether you qualify or are eligible for a visa until I have interviewed you, but if you and the petitioner are both the parents of the child, that's a good sign.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:30am On Jun 02, 2015
NaijaHulk:
Hello Dear VO,

Good Day. Please I intend to sponsor a relative for education in the united states and therefore I need to show the US embassy a statement of account. He has a been offered admission from a US school for a graduate program.

Is there any way of doing this while keeping the details of the account with a good record and enough money to show that I will sponsor him away from him (private and secret)? e.g. sending it to the embassy / consular officer directly or any other method you can suggest?

As much as I want to sponsor him, I also want to keep the details of my earnings, spending's and financial information as private as I can...

Hoping for a response soon... Thanks...

Sorry, this form is for immigration-related questions only. I can't answer for my non-immigrant visa colleagues.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:32am On Jun 02, 2015
lizziepeks:

Good morning ma, I wanted to confirm if you could give me a rough estimate as to when my physical file would get to lagos and ma is it possible to have my interview scheduled for June. Thank you ma

I'd imagine the file will arrive in a matter of days once it is sent from the other post. As K visa applicants make their own appointments online, it is quite possible that you will get a June appointment -- if someone cancels, as they often do. Again, we will contact you with instructions as soon as we receive your file. (I know it's hard to wait!!!)
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by queennie: 11:50am On Jun 02, 2015
Dear V O. I really appreciate you for how you are helping us in solving our problems.pls ma there is this question I want to ask you ma,can name initial on birth certificate be a problem when presenting it at the visa interview?I mean just one of the names because of lack of space
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by lindababy2u: 12:13pm On Jun 02, 2015
Good morning our amiable V.O , please I want to know why I have not gotten an appointment date yet. My case was completed on 18/04/2015 and uptill now I have not received any mail. I being curious because I miss my husband so much and want to be in the US with him on his next birthday which is coming up next month. Looking toward to your favorable reponse
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by kanayogod(m): 2:21pm On Jun 02, 2015
Dear VO,
good day....nice job you are doing enlightening people on DV related issues. I have some questions i would like you to give answers to:
1. When a case of siblings filing enters the 12th year and its already approaching September (we are in June) and the brother in Nigeria is yet to hear from Kentucky, what will happen if he didn't hear anything regarding being scheduled for interview by September (his case number now reads LSG)?
2. Is it mandatory for siblings involved in filing to undergo DNA testing?
3. Is it true that filings done in certain states get treated faster than filing done in other states?

Thank you for your time..
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by cadonal: 3:11pm On Jun 02, 2015
Hello VO,

Pls anybody with immigrant Visa interview experience? I have interview in two days time. Pls help me out.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by bewaji25: 6:39pm On Jun 02, 2015
Good evening ma, I have been issued my k1 visa but my medical expired last month though my visa is still valid till September and I have booked with the panel physician for a need medical cos I intend to travel soon to meet my fiance. But am a bit confused ma, after the medical result should I hand carry it like u said earlier or email the lagos embassy to include it in my package. I just don't want to have problems at the point of entry..
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jun 02, 2015
Dear Consular, why do consular put keep someone on Administrative Processing Required for so long, and when ever the person called you keep telling the person that is document is still on processing? And do the processing takes up to 2 years? Cos mine is since 13 nov 2014 and up till now, am still on processing.. Pls kindly update me why??

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (223)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.