Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,006 members, 7,821,525 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (155) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (679003 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:00am On Jun 03, 2015
queennie:
Dear V O. I really appreciate you for how you are helping us in solving our problems.pls ma there is this question I want to ask you ma,can name initial on birth certificate be a problem when presenting it at the visa interview?I mean just one of the names because of lack of space

That shouldn't be a problem if everything else matches. smiley
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:02am On Jun 03, 2015
lindababy2u:
Good morning our amiable V.O , please I want to know why I have not gotten an appointment date yet. My case was completed on 18/04/2015 and uptill now I have not received any mail. I being curious because I miss my husband so much and want to be in the US with him on his next birthday which is coming up next month. Looking toward to your favorable reponse

It sounds like your case is ready to be scheduled, and NVC will give you an appointment date as soon as one becomes available. They've asked us for our July and August availabilities but haven't sent us the cases for those months, so I suppose they're still notifying people about those appointment dates. At any rate, it shouldn't be much longer now!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:06am On Jun 03, 2015
kanayogod:
Dear VO,
good day....nice job you are doing enlightening people on DV related issues. I have some questions i would like you to give answers to:
1. When a case of siblings filing enters the 12th year and its already approaching September (we are in June) and the brother in Nigeria is yet to hear from Kentucky, what will happen if he didn't hear anything regarding being scheduled for interview by September (his case number now reads LSG)?
2. Is it mandatory for siblings involved in filing to undergo DNA testing?
3. Is it true that filings done in certain states get treated faster than filing done in other states?

Thank you for your time..

1. You can always e-mail NVC and ask for a status update. NVCinquiry@state.gov

2. No, but if there's any lack of clarity, DNA is one way to settle questions quickly. For siblings, we ask them to test with a mutual parent rather than directly with each other. That's because sibling-to-sibling DNA tests can come back negative even when the people really are siblings, if they inherit very different gene sets from each parent.

3. No. Although I suppose on any given day one office will process more cases than others, due to staffing, number of cases received, etc. But it's not like "Don't file your case in state X because they purposely make everyone wait an extra 26 months."
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:06am On Jun 03, 2015
cadonal:
Hello VO,

Pls anybody with immigrant Visa interview experience? I have interview in two days time. Pls help me out.

Tell the truth, no matter what.

5 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:07am On Jun 03, 2015
bewaji25:
Good evening ma, I have been issued my k1 visa but my medical expired last month though my visa is still valid till September and I have booked with the panel physician for a need medical cos I intend to travel soon to meet my fiance. But am a bit confused ma, after the medical result should I hand carry it like u said earlier or email the lagos embassy to include it in my package. I just don't want to have problems at the point of entry..

If you have time to come see us we'd be glad to put the medical paperwork properly in your immigration packet. Just shoot us an e-mail at LagosIV@state.gov. Thanks!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:08am On Jun 03, 2015
krisnwanegbo:
Dear Consular, why do consular put keep someone on Administrative Processing Required for so long, and when ever the person called you keep telling the person that is document is still on processing? And do the processing takes up to 2 years? Cos mine is since 13 nov 2014 and up till now, am still on processing.. Pls kindly update me why??

There are so many different reasons why a case might be under administrative processing, it's impossible to guess why yours is and why it's taking so long. I wish I had a clearer answer for you. Feel free to e-mail us at LagosIV@state.gov -- if there's a way we can make the case move faster, we will, but I can't promise anything.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by bewaji25: 8:32am On Jun 03, 2015
I will send an email immediately I get the results .thanks so much ma. but hope the Embassy won't take much time before replying as I have booked my ticket for middle of the month..
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by queennie: 8:52am On Jun 03, 2015
VisaOfficer:

That shouldn't be a problem if everything else matches. smiley
Thanks Ma.God bless u ma you are highly appreciated
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:55am On Jun 03, 2015
bewaji25:
I will send an email immediately I get the results .thanks so much ma. but hope the Embassy won't take much time before replying as I have booked my ticket for middle of the month..

If for any reason we do, just get on that plane! but make sure you have the new medical paperwork with you, and let the officers at the port of entry know what happened.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:03am On Jun 03, 2015
Public service announcement:

Please don't send me private messages! To paraphrase the American philosopher Taylor Swift:

I am never ever ever gonna read a PM,
You go post on Naira', talk to me here, e-mail LagosIV
But I am never ever ever gonna read a PM.

Thank you for your understanding! Let's keep everything transparent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA4iX5D9Z64

6 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by queenkaf: 10:01am On Jun 03, 2015
Good Morning V.O,

I have two questions please,...firstly, I made a mistake on my ds-160 form (when asked if I have the documentation for us immunization) I said yes and I have used the code generated to book my interview and when I sent a mail to lagos embassy they said I should fill another one but the code would be different and I might not be allowed in for the interview.

Also, when booking my appointment I filled in a wrong priority date on my profile page and each time I try to change it comes back with an error page.

my interview is july 16 and it is for k1 visa.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by queenkaf: 10:03am On Jun 03, 2015
VisaOfficer:

What visa category are you applying for?

k1 visa
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by justwise(m): 10:32am On Jun 03, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Please don't send me private messages! To paraphrase the American philosopher Taylor Swift:

Hahahaha I love your sense of humour
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by InsightfulTP: 10:44am On Jun 03, 2015
Dear VO,

I have a friend who submitted their non immigrants renewal about 12 business days ago! And it's still not back. Is there a problem or backlog. It's unusual cause the USA visa process can be likened to clockwork. Any explanation?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by twizzie: 11:43am On Jun 03, 2015
Hahahahaha!!
VisaOfficer:

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 4:12pm On Jun 03, 2015
queenkaf:
Good Morning V.O,

I have two questions please,...firstly, I made a mistake on my ds-160 form (when asked if I have the documentation for us immunization) I said yes and I have used the code generated to book my interview and when I sent a mail to lagos embassy they said I should fill another one but the code would be different and I might not be allowed in for the interview.

Also, when booking my appointment I filled in a wrong priority date on my profile page and each time I try to change it comes back with an error page.

my interview is july 16 and it is for k1 visa.

I double-checked with our technical guru, who replied: "The bar code issue does not affect K-1 visas. He/she can complete another Form DS-160 for his K1 interview. Regarding the priority date, he should not bother to make any changes, he/she already has the appointment and the correct priority date is already in our system!" Hope this helps!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 4:13pm On Jun 03, 2015
InsightfulTP:
Dear VO,

I have a friend who submitted their non immigrants renewal about 12 business days ago! And it's still not back. Is there a problem or backlog. It's unusual cause the USA visa process can be likened to clockwork. Any explanation?

That's a question for a non-immigrant thread, or for LagosNIV@state.gov.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by MarieEyre: 4:49pm On Jun 03, 2015
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by queenkaf: 5:23pm On Jun 03, 2015
VisaOfficer:

I double-checked with our technical guru, who replied: "The bar code issue does not affect K-1 visas. He/she can complete another Form DS-160 for his K1 interview. Regarding the priority date, he should not bother to make any changes, he/she already has the appointment and the correct priority date is already in our system!" Hope this helps!

Thank you V.O you are a darling...now my mind is at rest....all I need to do is overcome my nervousness.....my fiancé says thank you too

so that means if I show another ds-160 confirmation different from what I have on my appointment confirmation letter I wont be denied access into the interview venue
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by teefah80: 6:35pm On Jun 03, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Eek, all the good questions are coming while I'm out! I hope you got a satisfactory answer from LagosIV@state.gov.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jun 03, 2015
VisaOfficer:

That's a question for a non-immigrant thread, or for LagosNIV@state.gov.

Hello VisaOfficer, I finally filled a DS-260 form after weeks of battling with technical issues but I want to know if I am to go with printed copies to the embassy. I also want to inquire about the NPC birth certificate, where do I get it, and can I use another birth certificate in it's place?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by lizziepeks: 8:19pm On Jun 03, 2015
VisaOfficer:

I'd imagine the file will arrive in a matter of days once it is sent from the other post. As K visa applicants make their own appointments online, it is quite possible that you will get a June appointment -- if someone cancels, as they often do. Again, we will contact you with instructions as soon as we receive your file. (I know it's hard to wait!!!)

Ma M going through a very annoying situation I went online trying to schedule an appointment for July, but the website is stating 13th of August to be the earliest possible time is this correct ma should I book my interview for then or is it possible to get one for July "very sad face"
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:26am On Jun 04, 2015
queenkaf:

Thank you V.O you are a darling...now my mind is at rest....all I need to do is overcome my nervousness.....my fiancé says thank you too

so that means if I show another ds-160 confirmation different from what I have on my appointment confirmation letter I wont be denied access into the interview venue

That's right. The DS-160 confirmation issue is only a problem on the NIV side. However, if you've used a DS-160 for an NIV interview, it can't be reused for the K visa interview. Every application needs its own DS-160.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:31am On Jun 04, 2015
standd:

Hello VisaOfficer, I finally filled a DS-260 form after weeks of battling with technical issues but I want to know if I am to go with printed copies to the embassy. I also want to inquire about the NPC birth certificate, where do I get it, and can I use another birth certificate in it's place?

You should bring your confirmation page. As for the birth certificate, here's the official information:

Birth and death certificates: Generally available, particularly for events occurring after 1970. Registration of births and deaths is compulsory in Lagos. The National Population Commission issues birth certificates for births after 1992.

For Lagos records, certified copies of records for dates ending with 1979 can be obtained at the Lagos State Ministry of Health, Old Secretariat, Ikeja, Lagos. For records after 1979, contact the local government that issued the original certificate directly. Most births and deaths outside of Lagos are also registered at the time of the event. Applicants can obtain certified true copies of certificates directly from the local government. Alternatively, acceptable identity/parentage documents are infant baptismal certificates and hospital or maternity clinic records of birth [note: If we know you should be able to get a birth certificate due to your date and place of birth, we won't accept a baptismal certificate or hospital record instead. - VO]. Home births are rare in Nigeria and medical records are available in most cases. Affidavits may be acceptable as substitutes for documents for those born outside Lagos prior to 1960 or born in the eastern part of Nigeria in the 1960's at the time of the Biafran War, when presented in combination with convincing secondary evidence of relationship.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:32am On Jun 04, 2015
lizziepeks:

Ma M going through a very annoying situation I went online trying to schedule an appointment for July, but the website is stating 13th of August to be the earliest possible time is this correct ma should I book my interview for then or is it possible to get one for July "very sad face"

I strongly suggest that you check the website again, like, right now. smiley
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by lizziepeks: 8:37am On Jun 04, 2015
VisaOfficer:

I strongly suggest that you check the website again, like, right now. smiley

Good morning ma, my dearest co, I checked ma and the earliest I got was July 9 and I am very happy with that ma thank you so much have a blessed and beautiful morning. and see you soon

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by dcpromo: 11:14am On Jun 04, 2015
Dear Visa Officer,

My wife was at the Consulate earlier today, did you see her? Did she see you as well?

Please reply whenever you have a moment.
LGS20155xx027 is the case number..

Thanks a lot!

VisaOfficer:

Chances are your petitioner has already paid the visa interview fee. If not, it can be paid at the time of your interview.

There's a pretty good probability of sighting me -- I'm generally here.... smiley
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:40pm On Jun 04, 2015
dcpromo:
Dear Visa Officer,

My wife was at the Consulate earlier today, did you see her? Did she see you as well?

Please reply whenever you have a moment.
LGS20155xx027 is the case number..

Thanks a lot!

Awww, I'm sorry I missed her! I've only done one spouse case so far today -- not your wife. I hope all went well?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Amachuma: 3:06pm On Jun 04, 2015
Hello Ma, I am new at this forum. I must say that I truly appreciate how you take out time to answer everyone questions. I wish I joined this forum early. I imagine what you look but I do know you have a good heart from how you relates to everyone visa journey. May God bless you always. My fiancé had his interview on May 21, 2015 and was asked to return with more evidence of relationship of which tomorrow June 5, 2015 have been issued to return, will he be interviewed a second time? Or just collect the evidence from him? Here is our case number LGS2015591012. Ma, is it possible to say hi to him tomorrow so he can describe what you look like to me? grin grin. Thanks for your good work.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by dcpromo: 3:24pm On Jun 04, 2015
Yes! Everything went well, she was given the good slip aka..the visa pick up instructions slip as well as instructions on how to pay for the permanent resident card.

Meanwhile, the cost of flights have skyrocketed!
We might take a boat! Lol.....!

VisaOfficer:

Awww, I'm sorry I missed her! I've only done one spouse case so far today -- not your wife. I hope all went well?

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by InsightfulTP: 4:08pm On Jun 04, 2015
VO, I am sorry for bringing this up here but you are the most responsive VO I know. My wife submitted a non immigrant visa renewal 3 weeks ago and it's not out yet we are scheduled to travel soon and our vacation days are not flexible. It's almost a miracle we both got vacation days at same period. What do we do cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (223)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.