Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (677311 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by DoraTosh(f): 12:41am On May 28, 2015
Thank you so much ma, God bless you. Will keep you updated as things fold out. You are such a blessing
VisaOfficer:

These are tough questions because I can't predict what USCIS will do. But I doubt USCIS would give you a firm date as to when the petition will be approved; after all, that depends on you and the petitioner, and whether you've submitted all the necessary documents. Those documents include the marriage certificate, divorce or death certificates from prior relationships, birth certificates, affidavits of support, and relationship evidence.

The visa bulletin doesn't apply to CR1s and IR1s; once the petition is approved and the case is documentarily complete, it'll be scheduled for the next available interview. Keep in mind that NVC has already requested our August schedule, so a case that's completed today may not be scheduled until August or September at the earliest.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by dcpromo: 4:33am On May 28, 2015
Dear Visa Officer,
I am very pleased that our interview's date is very close, however though, i missed my wife during the Memorial day holiday, we would have gone to see a friend who lives in Elizabeth New Jersey, being apart from your other half is not something one can imagine!

I can't imagine what the F2 categories filers will feel like the moment they realized that they will have to wait endlessly before reuniting with their spouses! May God grant them strength and courage as they wait.

Here is my question, since our interview is pretty close, is there any additional payment that would need to be made at the US consulate? It looks like all payments have been made to the National Visa Center(NVC)but i will be glad if you can confirm that.

My apologies if i am bugging you. One more thing, what is the probability of an applicant sighting you behind those clear glasses? what is to be looked out for? for example: Blues eyes, Blonde hair, Red hair, Hazel eyes. etc. Lol!

Looking forward to reading your response very soon. Thanks
dcpromo:
I thought as much just wanted to try!
Thanks for taking your time. Appreciated!

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Anna3967: 6:20am On May 28, 2015
Hello,

I got my H1B petition approved. I have to be in USA on Nov1st. I am pregnant now and hence I am not able to fill the DS 160 for my unborn baby. I am worried, if I wait till the baby is born, i will fail to get a visa interview date before October.
Can I schedule an interview for Sept now, without filling up DS 160 for the baby and once the baby is born fill up a new DS 160 and get the dependent visa for the baby along with me, in my interview slot ?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:16am On May 28, 2015
chimsyluv:
Good day vo,pls a Lagos land line just called me but couldn't pick cos I was not with my fone,could it b from the embassy, 01-4603400.I have an interview tomorrow that's why am bothered.

No way to know without knowing which case is yours -- and you're probably already here and won't see this until later. We'll figure it out.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:19am On May 28, 2015
jogs:
VO,
Afternoon, we have our CR 1 case completed at NVC yesterday 04/26/2015, do you think we might get a july interview date ?, i believe you said june is all filled Up.

July is also filled -- at least, we're unable to add more cases. It's possible that NVC hasn't filled all the slots yet, though. For instance, on a day when we told them we can see 150 cases, they may already have designated 100 cases but may still be waiting to identify the next 50 on their side... does that make sense? (Still on my first cup of coffee.)
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:20am On May 28, 2015
Luthufi:
Denied entry i235(b) to US & CBP told to withdraw my application voluntarily and mentioned under section 212 (a) (7) (a) (i) (I)

First time in December I travelled to my school under m1 visa but had to return home immediately before school start date as I could'nt access my ATM/Debit Card.I informed the situation to my school and left. Next I fixed everything and informed the school by submitting the finance document again. They accepted and told to pay 50% before entering US but I told I will come to school first and pay. They did'nt respond to this, but I got a admission acceptance conditional letter from them for April classes. So I figured out I could pay when I enter the U.S. I told my cousin to have my funds in his account and transfer or do pay orders to my school when needed in order to avoid a similar situation I faced. So I re entered US on April but was denied entry by CBP due to SEVIS terminated.CBP phoned the school but the school told to pay 50% first and then come but I told my admission to US is only decided by CBP so I will enter and pay. The school told they can't accept it. I showed my 100% financial document funds proof to CBP at that time but the CBP denied entry as my SEVIS is terminated and stamped 'Cancelled Application Withdrawn' in my passport and told I can apply for visa any time. So can I re apply for a new M1 visa for a different school in U.S. or will there be any problems applying in U.S. Embassy. This time I want to apply for PPL course first and do my CPL/ IR / SE & ME step by step since as I can't be there longer leaving home. Will the U.S. Embassy issue me M1 visa only for PPL

This is a question for my non-immigrant visa colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:34am On May 28, 2015
dcpromo:
Dear Visa Officer,
I am very pleased that our interview's date is very close, however though, i missed my wife during the Memorial day holiday, we would have gone to see a friend who lives in Elizabeth New Jersey, being apart from your other half is not something one can imagine!

I can't imagine what the F2 categories filers will feel like the moment they realized that they will have to wait endlessly before reuniting with their spouses! May God grant them strength and courage as they wait.

Here is my question, since our interview is pretty close, is there any additional payment that would need to be made at the US consulate? It looks like all payments have been made to the National Visa Center(NVC)but i will be glad if you can confirm that.

My apologies if i am bugging you. One more thing, what is the probability of an applicant sighting you behind those clear glasses? what is to be looked out for? for example: Blues eyes, Blonde hair, Red hair, Hazel eyes. etc. Lol!

Looking forward to reading your response very soon. Thanks

Chances are your petitioner has already paid the visa interview fee. If not, it can be paid at the time of your interview.

There's a pretty good probability of sighting me -- I'm generally here.... smiley
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:34am On May 28, 2015
Anna3967:
Hello,

I got my H1B petition approved. I have to be in USA on Nov1st. I am pregnant now and hence I am not able to fill the DS 160 for my unborn baby. I am worried, if I wait till the baby is born, i will fail to get a visa interview date before October.
Can I schedule an interview for Sept now, without filling up DS 160 for the baby and once the baby is born fill up a new DS 160 and get the dependent visa for the baby along with me, in my interview slot ?

This is a question for my non-immigrant visa colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by chimsyluv(f): 9:10am On May 28, 2015
VisaOfficer:

No way to know without knowing which case is yours -- and you're probably already here and won't see this until later. We'll figure it out.

I just got dere and I was told that am reschedule, why didn't they inform me before now, why didn't I receive earlier date other than July 2,ma pls help me out, July is too far
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Hopeful1987: 10:12am On May 28, 2015
Good Morning V.O,

I just sent an e-mail to LagosIV@state.gov requesting for the status of my case, case was completed since 30th April, been on queue since 2013 and am current for June. When you said July is already filled up, I am trying to be positive that I would still get an interview date soonest. How many days is the response time for e-mails sent to LagosIV@state.gov. Thank you ma for your continued assistance.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by simi2015: 1:54pm On May 28, 2015
Good afternoon Ma'am CO,

It's my first time commenting. I stumbled upon this forum and have been a silent reader ever since. I especially like the way you have been responding to questions and it's really something I look forward to reading. It's really wonderful to know you are not just devoted to your job but also enjoying it and touching lives. I pray you remain blessed and fulfilled in every way.

Simi.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 4:15pm On May 28, 2015
Hello VisaOfficer,

I had my expedited immigrant visa interview this morning May 28, 2015, but after the interview, I was surprised when the Consular Officer handed me a 2 paged document requesting that my wife (the petitioner) gets a DNA test done before the processing of my visa can be concluded.

Please note, our visa category is CR-1, and my wife is not my sibling or blood relative, so why does she have to do a DNA test? We were not informed about any DNA test neither was it part of the requirements for our visa category, otherwise we would have done it and not wait till the last minute.

We have submitted all the required documents and I really don't know why the case of a DNA had to come up at this time. If at all it was necessary, we believe it should have been requested by NVC before forwarding our case to the embassy and an official DNA request form sent to us.
We also contacted USCIS this morning and they said they were not aware of any need for a DNA test for our visa category.

Please kindly look into our case and I trust that your office understands the urgency of my request and do appreciate your prompt response.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by babbs45: 9:13pm On May 28, 2015
Luthufi:
Denied entry i235(b) to US & CBP told to withdraw my application voluntarily and mentioned under section 212 (a) (7) (a) (i) (I)

First time in December I travelled to my school under m1 visa but had to return home immediately before school start date as I could'nt access my ATM/Debit Card.I informed the situation to my school and left. Next I fixed everything and informed the school by submitting the finance document again. They accepted and told to pay 50% before entering US but I told I will come to school first and pay. They did'nt respond to this, but I got a admission acceptance conditional letter from them for April classes. So I figured out I could pay when I enter the U.S. I told my cousin to have my funds in his account and transfer or do pay orders to my school when needed in order to avoid a similar situation I faced. So I re entered US on April but was denied entry by CBP due to SEVIS terminated.CBP phoned the school but the school told to pay 50% first and then come but I told my admission to US is only decided by CBP so I will enter and pay. The school told they can't accept it. I showed my 100% financial document funds proof to CBP at that time but the CBP denied entry as my SEVIS is terminated and stamped 'Cancelled Application Withdrawn' in my passport and told I can apply for visa any time. So can I re apply for a new M1 visa for a different school in U.S. or will there be any problems applying in U.S. Embassy. This time I want to apply for PPL course first and do my CPL/ IR / SE & ME step by step since as I can't be there longer leaving home. Will the U.S. Embassy issue me M1 visa only for PPL
https://www.nairaland.com/2310954/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by tunnath: 10:53pm On May 28, 2015
My interview is early next month but I can't make it there due to some issue, Pls Can I reschedule it to august?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by midooo: 2:00am On May 29, 2015
Hello,

I am a winner in 2016 DV lottery. I forgot to add my second child who was born in 2011 to the lottery application, so i called KCC and asked them and they told me that i can still add my child on the DS-260 form and the decision for accepting my child to get immigration visa will be done by the consular officer at the interview.

Do you know a similar cases, and were them successful?

thanks for your help in advance.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by onemorestep: 3:25am On May 29, 2015
Good morning,
Am reading prior postings that has me woery. Ma, please clarify. Scheduled for a k1 interview soon so completed ds160. I tried and denied tourist visa two times. I couldnt show strong ties to here. Anyway on ds160, i didnt say tried twice.Should i complete form over? Would i lose appointment and money paid? Or just tell vo about it when i interview. Lgs2015612019
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by caliboy15: 6:33am On May 30, 2015
Hello VisaOfficer

Thanks in advance!

My wife will be having her IR1 interview at US Consulate in Montreal and they are saying we need to bring original copy of Canada Police

certificate. We already sent them the original copy twice and when we got the interview letter we only have less than 2 weeks to get a new one,

we are really worried because here in Canada they have a slow process of getting the Police certificates.

we only have copy of the certificate and not the original. Is this something that we really need to worry about? will they deny her application if we

dont have the original certificate?

NVC told us that if we really sent the original copy then it will be on the documents that they will send to the consulate before the interview.

Im getting mixed answers from the NVC when I called them 4x regarding about this matter, please shed us some light because we are really worried.

Thanks again!
Gabe
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by adeshtech: 6:44pm On May 30, 2015
Hi House,

Please can someone help with the procedure for doing drop box to renew US visa.
am i going to fill any other form apart from the DS-160?
do i need to snap the US passport size photo?

awaiting your prompt response
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by jayjon: 7:34pm On May 30, 2015
Hello Consular Officer smiley

I am happy to wright you, this is my first time to wright on this form. For a year always visit this form getting go answers to my questions. I to like so many here have a question. This one is personal to my situation and I thank you ahead of time for your taking your time to read this message. OK... My husband is Nigerian and tomorrow is are 2 year anniversary smiley My husband and I want to know is it ok to send a Email to LagosIV@state.gov... for a update on are case we don't want to mess up are case, I just want are case to end well and he can come home to me.(LGS2014614014)
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:53pm On May 30, 2015
chimsyluv:

I just got dere and I was told that am reschedule, why didn't they inform me before now, why didn't I receive earlier date other than July 2,ma pls help me out, July is too far

We had to reschedule several cases, unfortunately. But we did inform all parties either by phone or by e-mail. I'm sorry we can't offer you an earlier date.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:54pm On May 30, 2015
Hopeful1987:
Good Morning V.O,

I just sent an e-mail to LagosIV@state.gov requesting for the status of my case, case was completed since 30th April, been on queue since 2013 and am current for June. When you said July is already filled up, I am trying to be positive that I would still get an interview date soonest. How many days is the response time for e-mails sent to LagosIV@state.gov. Thank you ma for your continued assistance.

We try to answer all inquiries within two business days, but as there were two holidays last week, it may take longer for us to work through our backlog of inquiries.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:55pm On May 30, 2015
simi2015:

Good afternoon Ma'am CO,

It's my first time commenting. I stumbled upon this forum and have been a silent reader ever since. I especially like the way you have been responding to questions and it's really something I look forward to reading. It's really wonderful to know you are not just devoted to your job but also enjoying it and touching lives. I pray you remain blessed and fulfilled in every way.

Simi.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your kind words!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:59pm On May 30, 2015
ifegbolahan:
Hello VisaOfficer,

I had my expedited immigrant visa interview this morning May 28, 2015, but after the interview, I was surprised when the Consular Officer handed me a 2 paged document requesting that my wife (the petitioner) gets a DNA test done before the processing of my visa can be concluded.

Please note, our visa category is CR-1, and my wife is not my sibling or blood relative, so why does she have to do a DNA test? We were not informed about any DNA test neither was it part of the requirements for our visa category, otherwise we would have done it and not wait till the last minute.

We have submitted all the required documents and I really don't know why the case of a DNA had to come up at this time. If at all it was necessary, we believe it should have been requested by NVC before forwarding our case to the embassy and an official DNA request form sent to us.
We also contacted USCIS this morning and they said they were not aware of any need for a DNA test for our visa category.

Please kindly look into our case and I trust that your office understands the urgency of my request and do appreciate your prompt response.

Do you and the petitioner have a child together?

If so: Without knowing the specifics of your case and based solely on what you've written here, it appears to me that the interviewing officer wasn't convinced that you and the petitioner have a bona fide relationship. But, rather than sending the petition back for revocation, the officer is giving you the chance to show that you are the father of the petitioner's child. Please take a look at the letter you were given and see if it suggests that you and the petitioner's child undergo DNA testing.

If that's not the case, please e-mail us at LagosIV@state.gov and ask us for a clarification. Thanks!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:00pm On May 30, 2015
tunnath:
My interview is early next month but I can't make it there due to some issue, Pls Can I reschedule it to august?

Sure, if you're not a Diversity Visa applicant. Please e-mail us at LagosIV@state.gov.

If you're a DV applicant, you must attend your scheduled appointment date. No reschedules are permitted for DV cases.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:01pm On May 30, 2015
midooo:
Hello,

I am a winner in 2016 DV lottery. I forgot to add my second child who was born in 2011 to the lottery application, so i called KCC and asked them and they told me that i can still add my child on the DS-260 form and the decision for accepting my child to get immigration visa will be done by the consular officer at the interview.

Do you know a similar cases, and were them successful?

thanks for your help in advance.

If you did not include all your children on your original entry, you will be disqualified at the time of your interview.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:02pm On May 30, 2015
onemorestep:
Good morning,
Am reading prior postings that has me woery. Ma, please clarify. Scheduled for a k1 interview soon so completed ds160. I tried and denied tourist visa two times. I couldnt show strong ties to here. Anyway on ds160, i didnt say tried twice.Should i complete form over? Would i lose appointment and money paid? Or just tell vo about it when i interview. Lgs2015612019

Just be sure to tell us about it at the time of your interview. Thanks!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:03pm On May 30, 2015
caliboy15:
Hello VisaOfficer

Thanks in advance!

My wife will be having her IR1 interview at US Consulate in Montreal and they are saying we need to bring original copy of Canada Police

certificate. We already sent them the original copy twice and when we got the interview letter we only have less than 2 weeks to get a new one,

we are really worried because here in Canada they have a slow process of getting the Police certificates.

we only have copy of the certificate and not the original. Is this something that we really need to worry about? will they deny her application if we

dont have the original certificate?

NVC told us that if we really sent the original copy then it will be on the documents that they will send to the consulate before the interview.

Im getting mixed answers from the NVC when I called them 4x regarding about this matter, please shed us some light because we are really worried.

Thanks again!
Gabe

I'm afraid I don't know what Montreal's policies are. Have you tried e-mailing them directly?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:04pm On May 30, 2015
adeshtech:
Hi House,

Please can someone help with the procedure for doing drop box to renew US visa.
am i going to fill any other form apart from the DS-160?
do i need to snap the US passport size photo?

awaiting your prompt response

This forum is for immigrant visa questions only. Thanks!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:05pm On May 30, 2015
jayjon:
Hello Consular Officer smiley

I am happy to wright you, this is my first time to wright on this form. For a year always visit this form getting go answers to my questions. I to like so many here have a question. This one is personal to my situation and I thank you ahead of time for your taking your time to read this message. OK... My husband is Nigerian and tomorrow is are 2 year anniversary smiley My husband and I want to know is it ok to send a Email to LagosIV@state.gov... for a update on are case we don't want to mess up are case, I just want are case to end well and he can come home to me.(LGS2014614014)

Yes, please do send us an e-mail. (I went ahead and changed the visa category to IR-1, by the way.)
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by jayjon: 8:22pm On May 30, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Yes, please do send us an e-mail. (I went ahead and changed the visa category to IR-1, by the way.)
Thank you grin... So much for your response. and Thank you grin.. For changing are visa category.. I will go ahead a send a Email.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 9:52pm On May 30, 2015
-
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by onemorestep: 11:54pm On May 30, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Just be sure to tell us about it at the time of your interview. Thanks!

Thank you. You eases my mind and calms my fiance each time. I appreciate you taking time on Saturday to answer. My fiance waited anxiously for your response but is grateful.
Keep up the good job!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (223)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.