Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,429 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:28 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (194) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (677242 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:20am On Jul 30, 2015
Andyoputa:
Good day sir(c.o)
i have a cousin that applied for k1visa,he presented the whole document needed for visa interview.i met his fiancee .they both love each other,it was for real.but he said d consular officer denied him,said he doesnt believe d relationship.said d case has been revoke in section 221g and will be return to uscis.but he is free to reapply again after four months.whats ur advice for him.cos he wants to get married to her ,start a family and a new life.

I can't give advice on such a personal matter. They're free to file a new petition; whether they do it as an engaged couple, or get married and do it as spouses, is up to them.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by nazn: 8:18am On Jul 30, 2015
Discrepancy in the personal details for derivative applicant never traveled to the US before.

Dear SIR.. Hi, greetings of the day..

My wife's priority date for the F4 immigration petition is about to become current and i would be accompanying her as a secondary applicant. There is a major discrepancy in the date of birth between my previous passport and my current one. My current passport shows my correct DOB as per the birth certificate and my marriage certificate have the mention of the same DOB. Also there is a slight change in my name in relation to my previous passport through govt gazette. Pertinent to mention here that i have unsuccessfully applied for a student visa earlier with my previous passport and would require to mention on the immigration application form about the same.
Additional information
yes, I have all the other ID's that match with my birth certificate..

my previous application was for a student visa. Here it is customary to follow the DOB as per the tenth grade certification and my previous passport had my DOB as per the certificate which had a wrong DOB (14/8/1975) information whereas my DOB as per the original municipal birth certificate has a different DOB (14/12/1982) . At the time of making F1 application it never occurred to me to bring about the changes in the DOB to match my birth certificate since the birth certificate was not so mandatory for F1 visa as it is for an immigrant visa in which case it is one of the mandatory documents. Moreover the change of name since the time of applying for student visa is well documented and is done through a gazette notification with due reference to my previous name. Please advice how i should go about explaining this to the vo...
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:32am On Jul 30, 2015
blinkdr:
can u explain best case how long

I'm sorry, I don't understand your question?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:32am On Jul 30, 2015
lindababy2u:
Greetings my amiable V.O. For all these good works God will reward you. Honestly I am very worried about what is happening. I am CR1 and my case was completed since April my husband was able to get NVC two weeks ago and he was told about the technical problem but somebody on this forum said that their case was completed in may 26th and they have already booked them for interview. kindly assist me because I don't know what is happening.

Different cases are affected by our technical problems in different ways. I know it's hard to wait, but please be patient -- NVC will schedule your case for an interview as soon as it can.

Still very worried my V.O ,I'm short of words. kindly assist me.

I have no way to assist with a case that is still with NVC.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by iamoluwafemi: 9:33am On Jul 30, 2015
Thank you ma for all the positive response, you're doing a great job. My wife want to write to the embassy trying to figure out if its possible for our case to be expedited and usually how long will it take?

God bless you forever.
LGS2014572028, LGS2014625024 and LGS2014625026.

VisaOfficer:

Every case is different, so there's really no way I can answer this. I wish I could, but the only answer is "It depends."
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:35am On Jul 30, 2015
nazn:
Discrepancy in the personal details for derivative applicant never traveled to the US before.

My wife's priority date for the F4 immigration petition is about to become current and i would be accompanying her as a secondary applicant. There is a major discrepancy in the date of birth between my previous passport and my current one. My current passport shows my correct DOB as per the birth certificate and my marriage certificate have the mention of the same DOB. Also there is a slight change in my name in relation to my previous passport through govt gazette. Pertinent to mention here that i have unsuccessfully applied for a student visa earlier with my previous passport and would require to mention on the immigration application form about the same.
Additional information

my previous application was for a student visa. Here it is customary to follow the DOB as per the tenth grade certification and my previous passport had my DOB as per the certificate which had a wrong DOB (14/8/1975) information whereas my DOB as per the original municipal birth certificate has a different DOB (14/12/1982) . At the time of making F1 application it never occurred to me to bring about the changes in the DOB to match my birth certificate since the birth certificate was not so mandatory for F1 visa as it is for an immigrant visa in which case it is one of the mandatory documents. Moreover the change of name since the time of applying for student visa is well documented and is done through a gazette notification with due reference to my previous name. Please advice how i should go about explaining this to the vo...

You must use your correct identity and date of birth in your application. You will have to explain to the officer why you used a false identity in your student visa application (because that, in effect, is what you did). It's very possible that you will incur an ineligibility under INA 212(a)(6)(C)(1) for the material misrepresentation involved in your student visa application, but the officer will give you instructions for applying for a waiver.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:36am On Jul 30, 2015
iamoluwafemi:
Thank you ma for all the positive response, you're doing a great job. My wife want to write to the embassy trying to figure out if its possible for our case to be expedited and usually how long will it take?

God bless you forever.

Requests for expedited processing only apply to scheduling the first interview. After that, everything takes as long as it takes; there is no expedite process.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:39am On Jul 30, 2015
I am departing Nigeria tonight and am rushing around today to get everything finished! So, Nairaland, this is goodbye! Goodbye until next week, anyway. I'll still be online to answer questions until my successor arrives in Lagos.

I'd say a big sentimental goodbye, but I'd rather leave that until I sign off for good. Today's goodbye is just a temporary one. See you soon!

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

20 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by justwise(m): 9:44am On Jul 30, 2015
VisaOfficer:
I am departing Nigeria tonight and am rushing around today to get everything finished! So, Nairaland, this is goodbye! Goodbye until next week, anyway. I'll still be online to answer questions until my successor arrives in Lagos.

I'd say a big sentimental goodbye, but I'd rather leave that until I sign off for good. Today's goodbye is just a temporary one. See you soon!

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

Oh well... i don't like goodbyes ..lol especially from a very helpful and amazing person like you but its what its.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by MarieEyre: 10:29am On Jul 30, 2015
The VO is leaving?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 shocked Who is going to answer all my questions!!!!!!!!!!! cry cry cry sad VO please come back cry. I have just one question. I promise I won't ask again sad The Consulate sent me an email to go ahead and make payment in GTB for my K1 visa application and schedule an interview online. My question is am I supposed to get a packet 3 sent to my mailing address or I should make do of the attachments to the email which includes: Interview prep packet, IMBRA pamphlet, Medical exam referral letter. Please respond sad
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by dammie12: 3:12pm On Jul 30, 2015
VisaOfficer:

It depends. Are you a Legal Permanent Resident or a U.S. citizen? How long have you been in the U.S.?

If you're an LPR, the child can be included in your wife's case as a derivative and will receive a visa.

If you're a citizen who has at least five years total of physical presence in the U.S. prior to the child's birth, the child will be born a U.S. citizen and can have a U.S. passport.

If you're a citizen with less than five years total of physical presence in the U.S. prior to the child's birth, you will need to file a separate I-130 so that the child can receive a visa.

I'm LPR and i have been in the States for over 6 years.
Also, if a case is complete by NVC, is it compulsory it has to wait for its priority date before its sent to Lagos or it can be sent to Lagos as soon as its completed by NVC?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by justwise(m): 10:50pm On Jul 30, 2015
@ Phil4krist

Allow the VO to answer those questions
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by blinkdr: 10:59pm On Jul 30, 2015
i mean after the visit of a field investigator how long will it take for a reply from the embassy
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by MarieEyre: 11:29pm On Jul 30, 2015
Thank you @justwise. Was getting confused. Awaiting the arrival of the VO grin
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 12:01am On Jul 31, 2015
justwise:
@ Phil4krist

Allow the VO to answer those questions

She quoted my message and asked me a question. I simply told her my experience. Besides @maryerie n those asking questions simply read your packet 3 instructions very well all these concerns are well stated there.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by akinmax: 10:08am On Jul 31, 2015
VisaOfficer:

So, wait, why would you get a new passport if it's your marriage certificate that's incorrect? Is your date of birth incorrect on both your passport and your marriage certificate? And it's different on both documents?

You should present us a passport that shows your correct date of birth. It's more important for your passport to be correct than your marriage certificate. You can always explain to the officer that the date on the certificate is incorrect, but you shouldn't present an identity document like a passport if you know it's not accurate.

Hi VO ,
I can't thank you enough ... !!. Three years worry, solved with one sentence .May God continue to bless your wisdom and understanding.
Warm regards!.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by winnie123: 1:54pm On Jul 31, 2015
Dear VO, pls i will like to know if there is a particular hospital i can do my medicals, Secondly there was a post earlier that smone said you have to get an attestation from National Population Commission aside the usual birth certificate issued by hospital of birth, pls how true is it.

Thank you i await ur response.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by MarieEyre: 3:57pm On Jul 31, 2015
When is our VO going to come back? undecided sad
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by iamoluwafemi: 4:16pm On Jul 31, 2015
Thank you so much for everything. We will miss you. God will continue to bless you. You're the best!
God bless you forever.

VisaOfficer:

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jul 31, 2015
VisaOfficer:

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

Safe trip to your destination Ma'am.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by nazn: 3:35pm On Aug 01, 2015
nazn:
Additional information

Thanks a lot for your response, what type of waiver it would be and how difficult it would be for me to overcome it..
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by 9jaStar: 2:10am On Aug 02, 2015
VisaOfficer:

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

Oh dear,

And here I was fervently hoping that somehow, someone upstairs would have a change of heart and this day would never come. . .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by 9jaStar: 2:24am On Aug 02, 2015
Hi VO,

I wasn't going to ask this until much later. But I might as well now before you leave for good. Sadly.

Been married over 10 years. Wife and kids are all USCs. But only filed late last year (don't ask me why. Let's just blame procrastination).

My documemts are at NVC. May be another month before they get in touch.

What I need to know is, would I need to go through that whole hoop of getting and printing photos of marriage, engagement, etc?

We already have marriage certificate, plus kids' birth certificates. Plus our house in the US has both our names on.

I'm just trying to do the minimum possible as I'm not the most organized person in the world and I really do not want to go digging up old pictures if I don't have to.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by influential01: 4:12am On Aug 02, 2015
Please I urgent response, my travel date is 10th of September2015 but the available appointment date is 14th of September. Please what is the solution.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by john2son5: 9:29am On Aug 02, 2015
Good morning dear VO,

My wife is filing i 130 for me.

All my school original certificates and marriage original certificate are laminated.

Someone told me that laminated original certificates may not be accepted or allowed for verification during interview.

Please dear VO, is this information true?

Is anything wrong with my laminated original certificates for verification during my interview?

Thanks and God bless

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (223)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.