Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,543 members, 7,827,027 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (679417 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by nero35: 7:00pm On Aug 19, 2014
hi visa officer my provisional waiver was approved by uscis when i came to us consulate they denied me visa for inadmissibility but my lawyer explained every thing to uscis then also counselor denied me the visa i filed another waiver can the us embassy can do a reconsider motion for visa if u reply will really apperciate it thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by vajayi: 8:59pm On Aug 19, 2014
Hi visa officer,if my american citizen dad filed for mee in july 2007,pls wen am i likely to get an interview invite from the embassy,the wait is taking too long,and there is no message.thanx
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by tmeeto: 9:03pm On Aug 19, 2014
Hi V.O, my mum is a green card holder but she has been outside the US for over about 2 years now. What's is the process for her to re-enter the US.
2. From your experience how long dos it take a priority f3 to get an interview date from date of filing.

Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by idtinuke: 9:35pm On Aug 19, 2014
please VO, I have been put in administrative processing since December 2013 and nothing has been heard. please assist.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by DUNIQUE1: 12:32am On Aug 20, 2014
Hello VO, I appreciate your effort in enlightening most of the people here, I hope you can help with this case of my friend.

He is a twin and from a family of 4, his twin brother and two sister are already in the US with their mother, buy he chose to live with his dad even before they left Nigeria, due to the fact he was living with his dad, the mum couldn't take him with the rest to the US when they migrated long time ago, but she still managed to include his name in their application/filing for a stay in the US. Right now the whole family have been issued a green card and my friend is the only one in Nigeria, so he will need to get an interview for his own immigrant visa to join them as an unmarried son of a Green cars holder. Here is the problem he is facing, back in 2004 when he was going to get his first Nigeria passport, he took it with a totally different name and dob with the hope of leaving for the Uk permanently but unluckily for him, he was back here again after some years, he decided to continue using that new name ever since and got a new Ecowas passport on that name which is different from the real name which his mum filed for him with the US. Now he doesn't know how to go about telling the US that he is the one who uses a new name now and he doesn't want to jeopardise the chance his mum has given him cause he really will prefer moving to the state now. Is it possible for him to get a change of name done? and will the America embassy agree to issue an immigrant visa to someone who has just had a name change after petition has been allowed as an unmarried adult son of green card holder?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Donetyno: 1:14am On Aug 20, 2014
Hello VO...I must commend u for a job weldone. pls I wanna clarify something. I'm aware d waiting time for d I-130 form is arnd 12yrs, does d 12yrs starts counting from d filing day or from d day of approval?...Thank u
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by queenpa: 6:00am On Aug 20, 2014
Dear VO,
I am a USA Citizen I am married to a Nigerian MAN. I filed for him and son. I want to get clear on a few things. I want to send him documents for support. However I don't know when to send them. I am not sure if they can be over  30 day old. and also the web site say wait the processing time before calling. it soon will be 4 months.On April 28, 2014, your Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. What is the processing time and when can I send him documents need. Thank you in advance for all your help
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:04am On Aug 20, 2014
nero35: hi visa officer my provisional waiver was approved by uscis when i came to us consulate they denied me visa for inadmissibility but my lawyer explained every thing to uscis then also counselor denied me the visa i filed another waiver can the us embassy can do a reconsider motion for visa if u reply will really apperciate it thanks

This is hard to answer without knowing the details of your case. I don't understand why you filed another waiver application if you already had a waiver. Did the officer find another inadmissibility that wasn't covered by your first waiver?

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:05am On Aug 20, 2014
vajayi: Hi visa officer,if my american citizen dad filed for mee in july 2007,pls wen am i likely to get an interview invite from the embassy,the wait is taking too long,and there is no message.thanx

It depends how old you were at the time of filing and what your marital status is.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:06am On Aug 20, 2014
tmeeto: Hi V.O, my mum is a green card holder but she has been outside the US for over about 2 years now. What's is the process for her to re-enter the US.
2. From your experience how long dos it take a priority f3 to get an interview date from date of filing.

Thanks

1. Your mother will need to apply for Returning Resident status. She should e-mail us for details at LagosIV@state.gov.

2. I take it your father is a U.S. citizen and filed for you to be an F3? Right now the wait time for F3s is approximately 11 years. You can monitor the dates at http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/law-and-policy/bulletin.html .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:07am On Aug 20, 2014
idtinuke: please VO, I have been put in administrative processing since December 2013 and nothing has been heard. please assist.

Please e-mail us at LagosIV@state.gov and ask us what's up with your case.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:12am On Aug 20, 2014
DUNIQUE1: Hello VO, I appreciate your effort in enlightening most of the people here, I hope you can help with this case of my friend.

He is a twin and from a family of 4, his twin brother and two sister are already in the US with their mother, buy he chose to live with his dad even before they left Nigeria, due to the fact he was living with his dad, the mum couldn't take him with the rest to the US when they migrated long time ago, but she still managed to include his name in their application/filing for a stay in the US. Right now the whole family have been issued a green card and my friend is the only one in Nigeria, so he will need to get an interview for his own immigrant visa to join them as an unmarried son of a Green cars holder. Here is the problem he is facing, back in 2004 when he was going to get his first Nigeria passport, he took it with a totally different name and dob with the hope of leaving for the Uk permanently but unluckily for him, he was back here again after some years, he decided to continue using that new name ever since and got a new Ecowas passport on that name which is different from the real name which his mum filed for him with the US. Now he doesn't know how to go about telling the US that he is the one who uses a new name now and he doesn't want to jeopardise the chance his mum has given him cause he really will prefer moving to the state now. Is it possible for him to get a change of name done? and will the America embassy agree to issue an immigrant visa to someone who has just had a name change after petition has been allowed as an unmarried adult son of green card holder?

I don't know if he can get a change of name done... that's a question of Nigerian law. If he has changed his name, he'll need to be very candid with the interviewing officer, then. If he tries to hide his various identities, he'll have a bigger problem than if he just tells us what happened.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:13am On Aug 20, 2014
Donetyno: Hello VO...I must commend u for a job weldone. pls I wanna clarify something. I'm aware d waiting time for d I-130 form is arnd 12yrs, does d 12yrs starts counting from d filing day or from d day of approval?...Thank u

Your priority date is the date of filing.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:15am On Aug 20, 2014
queenpa: Dear VO,
I am a USA Citizen I am married to a Nigerian MAN. I filed for him and son. I want to get clear on a few things. I want to send him documents for support. However I don't know when to send them. I am not sure if they can be over  30 day old. and also the web site say wait the processing time before calling. it soon will be 4 months.On April 28, 2014, your Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. What is the processing time and when can I send him documents need. Thank you in advance for all your help

It sounds like the case is still with NVC? If so, they're experiencing processing delays based on a sudden surge in their caseload, so I don't know what their processing time will be. You can send him the documents at any time, just so long as he receives them in time to bring them to his interview. Old documents are fine, as they show that the relationship has been going on for more than just a few weeks.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by idtinuke: 7:21am On Aug 20, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Please e-mail us at LagosIV@state.gov and ask us what's up with your case.
I have mailed them but was told it's under administrative processing.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by DUNIQUE1: 7:31am On Aug 20, 2014
VisaOfficer:

I don't know if he can get a change of name done... that's a question of Nigerian law. If he has changed his name, he'll need to be very candid with the interviewing officer, then. If he tries to hide his various identities, he'll have a bigger problem than if he just tells us what happened.

Yes he can do a change of name in Nigeria as most country allow it too, the question is if the US Interviewing officer was told that he changed his name recently to the one that was filed for him and he brings the documents to confirm that, will they not use it against him? Moreover I think they should only doubt if he is truly a son of the woman who filed for him and that can be proved with getting DNA done. Please tell me if I am making any sense.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by DobraDobra: 9:06am On Aug 20, 2014
Good morning VO thanks for all your help out here pls kindly assist with this: Names on birth cert STONE Apple James Orange names on educational certs STONE Apple Orange names on international passport STONE James Apple had a news paper advert 15 yrs ago notifying public as how to be called STONE J A. This not change of name this is just rearanging. Now the LPR need to file in application and they notice d arangement of names. Pls kindly assist if this can cause any problem at d interview in lagos
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:15am On Aug 20, 2014
idtinuke: .
I have mailed them but was told it's under administrative processing.

Administrative processing can unfortunately take a long time. We do what we can to complete it promptly, but often the timing is out of our hands.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:19am On Aug 20, 2014
DUNIQUE1: Yes he can do a change of name in Nigeria as most country allow it too, the question is if the US Interviewing officer was told that he changed his name recently to the one that was filed for him and he brings the documents to confirm that, will they not use it against him? Moreover I think they should only doubt if he is truly a son of the woman who filed for him and that can be proved with getting DNA done. Please tell me if I am making any sense.

Well, did he use a false identity in any dealings with the United States? If not, it may not constitute material misrepresentation. It would constitute material misrepresentation if he tried to hide it from a U.S. Consular officer, though.

The fact is that he has used a false identity in the past and is now hoping not to suffer any consequences. Honesty and candor are the only way to minimize those consequences from here on out.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:20am On Aug 20, 2014
DobraDobra: Good morning VO thanks for all your help out here pls kindly assist with this: Names on birth cert STONE Apple James Orange names on educational certs STONE Apple Orange names on international passport STONE James Apple had a news paper advert 15 yrs ago notifying public as how to be called STONE J A. This not change of name this is just rearanging. Now the LPR need to file in application and they notice d arangement of names. Pls kindly assist if this can cause any problem at d interview in lagos

This is pretty common, so it shouldn't cause any problem at all. smiley
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by idtinuke: 9:58am On Aug 20, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Administrative processing can unfortunately take a long time. We do what we can to complete it promptly, but often the timing is out of our hands.
please I need your advice,in this situation can one go ahead to apply for other visa instead of waiting endlessly.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by DobraDobra: 11:05am On Aug 20, 2014
[quote author=VisaOfficer]

This is pretty common, so it shouldn't cause any problem at all. smiley

Thanks ma
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by nero35: 11:28am On Aug 20, 2014
in the first waiver my lawyer put all the facts in the file and uscis was convince that provisional waiver is ok for my case but the counselor denied me the visa and i have all the documents that explain all the facts of my ewi. so if once again apply with all the facts will the us consulate rethink the reconsider motion and if i apply for reconsider motion will us embassy will put me in negative file.
VisaOfficer:

This is hard to answer without knowing the details of your case. I don't understand why you filed another waiver application if you already had a waiver. Did the officer find another inadmissibility that wasn't covered by your first waiver?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 12:27pm On Aug 20, 2014
idtinuke:
please I need your advice,in this situation can one go ahead to apply for other visa instead of waiting endlessly.

I don't know what kind of visa you're applying for, so I don't know what to say. In general, though, you're free to apply for any visa you qualify for at any time.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 12:33pm On Aug 20, 2014
nero35: in the first waiver my lawyer put all the facts in the file and uscis was convince that provisional waiver is ok for my case but the counselor denied me the visa and i have all the documents that explain all the facts of my ewi. so if once again apply with all the facts will the us consulate rethink the reconsider motion and if i apply for reconsider motion will us embassy will put me in negative file.

Without knowing why the Consular officer did not issue the visa, I really can't advise you at all. What did the officer tell you?

Speculating wildly here: It could be that the officer found a whole new inadmissibility that wasn't covered by your first waiver, or it could be that the officer found that although you're eligible for the visa, you don't qualify for it. (That could happen if you're applying for a spouse or fiance visa -- you've got a waiver for your previous inadmissibility, but the officer doesn't believe that you have a bona fide relationship with the petitioner.) Or, it could be that you misunderstood, and the case is still PENDING something rather than being denied? Again, without more information, I have no idea.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by oknee: 12:42pm On Aug 20, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Hi! She can still use the passport in her maiden name, but she should be prepared to show us a marriage certificate, too.

hello visa officer,

i am here asking questions in regards to my sister's immigrant petition filed by her US citizen husband. pls at what stage is medical examination required? she has been directed by their lawyer that she should go for police report and vaccination.
thanks once again for the help you are rendering to us.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 2:22pm On Aug 20, 2014
oknee:

hello visa officer,

i am here asking questions in regards to my sister's immigrant petition filed by her US citizen husband. pls at what stage is medical examination required? she has been directed by their lawyer that she should go for police report and vaccination.
thanks once again for the help you are rendering to us.

Greetings!

Once she knows her case has been scheduled for an interview, that's a good time to contact the panel physician. Remember, the visa expiration date will be set to the DS-2054's expiration date, so it's in her best interest not to do it months in advance.

Nairalanders, how long after your medical appointment does it take the panel physicians to produce your DS-2054s? Assuming there aren't any irregularities, of course.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 5:58pm On Aug 20, 2014
Good evening VO and thanks for your prompt response here. i do read evrything and appreciate it.
But today i need to confirm this from you... can we come for the interview with our online printed WAEC Result attached with a WAEC online scratch card result checker if the certificate is not available.

Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by qwerty12345: 7:01pm On Aug 20, 2014
Hello,
I am USC sponsoring my wife CR1 type, I have domestic violence on my record from few years before I met my wife, misdemeanor, I paid my fee, took 2 years anger management classes. Is it going to have any influence on final decision when she goes for interview in her embassy ? I heard about this whole vawa thing, are we going to need to file a wavier ?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by DUNIQUE1: 8:22pm On Aug 20, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Well, did he use a false identity in any dealings with the United States? If not, it may not constitute material misrepresentation. It would constitute material misrepresentation if he tried to hide it from a U.S. Consular officer, though.

The fact is that he has used a false identity in the past and is now hoping not to suffer any consequences. Honesty and candor are the only way to minimize those consequences from here on out.

I understand that he has to disclose to the consular officer or interviewer the past false identity used to travel to the UK, but if he now gets a change of name and declare that, will the consular not say he is only doing that to claim the almost approved immigrant visa, he has never tried a us visa in the past so I am thinking if he just do the name change and get a new passport, he may just present the new passport to the US and get on with his life, please tell me if that isn't complicated too. And another question is that, isn't there any case in the past like that, wherby the immigrant changes his/her name to the name filed for him with the US, without problems arising.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by vajayi: 8:24pm On Aug 20, 2014
Hi visa officer,i was filed for when i was 20yrs,i am single,pls i just want to have an idea of when i am likely going to be called
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Politico: 10:43pm On Aug 20, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Greetings! You asked whether we will reduce IV wait times in light of the delay at NVC. Well.... the delay at NVC is going to be what causes longer wait times at post. I'm not disrespecting my colleagues at NVC -- they process millions of cases from all over the world, and are working hard to do it more quickly and accurately. But there's nothing we can do, out here, to make things faster back there, or to cut wait times. We take whatever they give us as soon as they have it ready.

For scheduling purposes, I think of visas as IV, DV, Ks, and adoptions. (There are all sorts of other things that we see every week, but these four are the main ones.) NVC sends us the IV cases -- basically, everything but Diversity Visas, fiance cases, and adoptions. DVs, of course, come from KCC. Both KCC and NVC ask posts ahead of time how many appointments we can handle in a given month, and if they end up having more than we ask for, they ask us if we can add appointment slots. ( In Lagos we say "Yes, we can!" ) Fiance (K) applicants schedule themselves online. There's no wait for a K appointment in Lagos right now, by the way; we have plenty of open appointments. Adoption petitions come to us from the National Benefits Center, and we contact petitioners and let them tell us when they want to come in. We're nice that way.

So non-DV immigrant visa cases are sort of all grouped together, because NVC sends us whatever they have ready to go each month (IR1s, F2Bs, E5s, you name it). We send them a list of dates that looks like "Oct. 9: 25 applicants 7:00 AM and 15 applicants 10:00 AM," and they send us the cases.

That's probably way more information than you were looking for. smiley
Hello VO,
1.Pls i'll like to ask how much time (days/weeks/months) does it take the embassy to schedule someone for an interview after the case's been completed at NVC.

2.Again if a father file for his children, are they all goin to av their interview together, considering thay av different case number. Or its goin to be conducted differently prolly not the same day?
Thanks for helping people from the hands of touts. God bless.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (223)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.