Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (679089 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by AbusM(m): 4:40pm On Sep 10, 2014
Good day Officer , I trust that you are doing okay. I intend going to baltimore to use 3weeks with my wife who has a running visa. she is a medical doctor and used her leave there last year. her elder brother lives and works there and has a permanent resident status there . I'm a public servant her serving with one of the paramilitary agencies here. I trust the interviewing officer would smile at me this time cos I was denied 3weeks ago when I wanted to attend due a conference and I just laughed it off for I was told then that is hold have travelled before and my funds were not enough then. We plan use part of the time for our honeymoon as we just got married and also to meet her elder brother who's the head of their little family for the first time. It is well with you sir/ma
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by DobraDobra: 4:42pm On Sep 10, 2014
Goodevening madam I hope ur day as been good I hope and pray u won't be tired of our questions. Pls don't know if you can help with this ? Pls can some one working as correction officer with a little above 28000 per annum be a sole sponsor of her fiance she is LPR and about to file but was informed about getting a sponsor. Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Fortsucc(f): 5:01pm On Sep 10, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Legal Permanent Residents can only file for spouses or unmarried children. As soon as someone becomes a Legal Permanent Resident, she can file a petition -- there's no waiting period.
Hello, So that means Legal Permanent Residents can not file for siblings (unmarried) or parents.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by ducan: 5:21pm On Sep 10, 2014
Greetings our blessed VO. I appreciate and heartedly thank you for your tremendous support to us. I have a question as to my interview coming in 2 weeks. My aunt sent an invitation for me to participate in her ceremony in Michigan. My question is, what are the necessary things that I need for my interview. I am employed for two months now and am graduate. I applied for 14 days b1 visa. Thank you Sir for reading and replying my question.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by mebare: 9:29pm On Sep 10, 2014
Hello VO,

I have some questions for you. My husband is a US citizen and we reside in Nigeria. He tried to transfer his citizenship to our daughter but was denied because he has not stayed in the US for 5 years, so he should petition. He is planning to petition for all of us, but is residency in the US mandatory? Because in the form they asked for your residency address in the US.

How can we pay for the application?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by DobraDobra: 4:43am On Sep 11, 2014
[quote author=DobraDobra]Goodevening madam I hope ur day as been good I hope and pray u won't be tired of our questions. Pls don't know if you can help with this ? Pls can some one working as correction officer with a little above 28000 per annum be a sole sponsor of her fiance she is LPR and about to file but was informed about getting a sponsor. Thanks

Good morning VO I hope u had a nice nite? I just want to correct d money(28000) I mentioned above its is 33000 per year. Thank you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:40am On Sep 11, 2014
AbusM: Good day Officer , I trust that you are doing okay. I intend going to baltimore to use 3weeks with my wife who has a running visa. she is a medical doctor and used her leave there last year. her elder brother lives and works there and has a permanent resident status there . I'm a public servant her serving with one of the paramilitary agencies here. I trust the interviewing officer would smile at me this time cos I was denied 3weeks ago when I wanted to attend due a conference and I just laughed it off for I was told then that is hold have travelled before and my funds were not enough then. We plan use part of the time for our honeymoon as we just got married and also to meet her elder brother who's the head of their little family for the first time. It is well with you sir/ma

Good morning,

Please keep in mind that if you were refused a business or tourist visa, you shouldn't schedule a new appointment until 90 days have passed. If you have a specific question, please ask my non-immigrant colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrat-visas-listening .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:41am On Sep 11, 2014
Fortsucc: Hello, So that means Legal Permanent Residents can not file for siblings (unmarried) or parents.

That's right. Only American citizens can file for siblings or parents. It doesn't matter if the siblings are married or unmarried, by the way.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:42am On Sep 11, 2014
ducan: Greetings our blessed VO. I appreciate and heartedly thank you for your tremendous support to us. I have a question as to my interview coming in 2 weeks. My aunt sent an invitation for me to participate in her ceremony in Michigan. My question is, what are the necessary things that I need for my interview. I am employed for two months now and am graduate. I applied for 14 days b1 visa. Thank you Sir for reading and replying my question.

Good morning Ducan,

This is a question for my non-immigrant colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:44am On Sep 11, 2014
mebare: Hello VO,

I have some questions for you. My husband is a US citizen and we reside in Nigeria. He tried to transfer his citizenship to our daughter but was denied because he has not stayed in the US for 5 years, so he should petition. He is planning to petition for all of us, but is residency in the US mandatory? Because in the form they asked for your residency address in the US.

How can we pay for the application?

If your husband does not live in the U.S., no visas can be issued. This is because the purpose of the visa is to reunite families. If he intends to move back to the U.S. with you, he can file now, but you won't receive a visa until you can convince the officer either that he plans to relocate to the U.S. with you or that he has already relocated.

http://www.uscis.gov/i-130 has information about filing the petition and paying the fee. Good luck!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:54am On Sep 11, 2014
DobraDobra: Goodevening madam I hope ur day as been good I hope and pray u won't be tired of our questions. Pls don't know if you can help with this ? Pls can some one working as correction officer with a little above 28000 per annum be a sole sponsor of her fiance she is LPR and about to file but was informed about getting a sponsor. Thanks

Good morning VO I hope u had a nice nite? I just want to correct d money(28000) I mentioned above its is 33000 per year. Thank you.

Good morning, hope all is well with you!

It depends how many people live in the sponsor's household and how many other immigrants she has sponsored. If she lives alone and is only sponsoring one person, she should show that she earns at least $19,662 (125% of the minimum income for two persons).

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864p.pdf has all the information in table format. Active military members petitioning for spouses and children have a lower threshold; petitioners residing in Alaska and Hawaii have a slightly higher threshold, for some mysterious reason going back to weird 1960s federal / administrative laws.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:58am On Sep 11, 2014
VisaOfficer: In this case, the excuse that "I was only naive and uninformed" sounds an awful lot like "I am the sort of person who believes it's acceptable to be dishonest if dishonesty can help me reach my goals."

VisaOfficer was cranky and not very radiant at the end of the day yesterday, after witnessing imposters being detained by Nigerian law enforcement... again. Don't let people you know come to us with fake documents and false identities! It doesn't end well! undecided

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by DobraDobra: 8:03am On Sep 11, 2014
[quote author=VisaOfficer]

Good morning, hope all is well with you!

It depends how many people live in the sponsor's household and how many other immigrants she has sponsored. If she lives alone and is only sponsoring one person, she should show that she earns at least $19,662 (125% of the minimum income for two persons).

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864p.pdf has all the information in table format. Active military members petitioning for spouses and children have a lower threshold; petitioners residing in Alaska and Hawaii have a slightly higher threshold, for some mysterious reason going back to weird 1960s federal / administrative laws.

Thanks so much for the information have a wonderful day strees free too. She lives alone and only d husband going to join and lives in palestine texas. Thanks greatly she is good to go with d fileing

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by busynett: 8:10am On Sep 11, 2014
busynett:

Thanks for your valuable response. We would wait for the right time.
Good morning VO,

What's the average waiting period if when the US citizen parent file for their married children as against adult citizen filing for his siblings which is around 12 to 13 years now?

I read somewhere on uscis website the preference of each above others.

Regards.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:12am On Sep 11, 2014
busynett:
Good morning VO,

What's the average waiting period if when the US citizen parent file for their married children as against adult citizen filing for his siblings which is around 12 to 13 years now?

I read somewhere on uscis website the preference of each above others.

Regards.

Hi Busynett,

You can monitor wait times at http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html. Right now the wait time is slightly under 11 years for married children (F3) and slightly over 12 years for siblings (F4).

Hope this helps!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by busynett: 8:42am On Sep 11, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Hi Busynett,

You can monitor wait times at http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html. Right now the wait time is slightly under 11 years for married children (F3) and slightly over 12 years for siblings (F4).

Hope this helps!
Thanks a lot.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by AbusM(m): 10:08am On Sep 11, 2014
Good morning officer. Thanks for your kind and prompt response. I actually made a mistake..The refusal was 3years ago actually.

also I see that some people know here know you in person. I would be nice to meet you too. .. and if you be got any message or errand you would want me to run for you in baltimore or Maryland as a whole please don't hesitate to send me.

Regards
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 10:34am On Sep 11, 2014
AbusM: Good morning officer. Thanks for your kind and prompt response. I actually made a mistake..The refusal was 3years ago actually.

Great! Then you're all set to apply again. Good luck!

also I see that some people know here know you in person. I would be nice to meet you too. .. and if you be got any message or errand you would want me to run for you in baltimore or Maryland as a whole please don't hesitate to send me.

Regards

Very kind of you! Just please tell all our Naija friends in Maryland that we send greetings!

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Bubu01: 11:59am On Sep 11, 2014
Good morning VO and thanks for the Good work here. I pray you never get tired of this forum. last year i inquire on how to get a transit visa(wanted to visit my wife parent in the Caribbean) while waiting for 1-130 petition to be approved and sent to the embassy, but you told me i can go ahead and apply and it wont affect me. but i decided to wait and get my immigrant visa since i can use one stone to kill two birds. but unfortunately for us, i was put on Administrative processing this June. Mid last month, a man from the embassy visited our home unannounced and ask several question ( is this for real, so surprise) but since then we've not heard from the embassy.
Please i like to know how soon do you think i will be called back to the embassy (LGS2014577015). Is it possible to get a Transit visa while on Administrative processing or does it mean Automatic Transit visa deny?

Ma, The last 4 month has been the most difficult in our life. Traveling to Nigeria every 4 month is killing and draining our savings.

Thank you and hope to read from you soon..
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Ndeedee: 12:07pm On Sep 11, 2014
Hi Visa Officer...I'm back again with some more questions and I'm hoping you'll be able to give me hints as to what to do.

So you prolly know my situation. But I'll give a recap just in case it's a different Visa officer reading this.
My fiance turned wife and I had planned to get married in late September 2013 before I went to the US on the J1 Work and Travel program Before I returned we lost a dear member of her family (her grandfather and father figure who died on Sept 3 2013). The mood was not right for a civil union then so we extended the time till the start of November.
(Side note: Before this time we had been trying to have a child unsuccessfully due to a condition she had and she was operated on a few times to remove what was causing her miscarriages everytime she would take in.)
In middle of October 2013, she started feeling really bad and a visit to the doctor confirmed that she had taken in. So our marriage plan for Saturday 3rd November continued and as the wedding day approached we filled the DV 2015 as married and included me as her spouse derivative but then we went to her doctor to confirm that this pregnancy won't have a problem since she had been pregnant several times before and suffered a few miscarriages so we went to make sure that the thing that was causing her miscarriages which were surgically cut off twice in the summer of 2013 would not pose a threat to this pregnancy and while discussing with him we mentioned that we were going to get married to which he advised that we postpone the marriage so that he could make absolutely sure that other factors outside the known one wouldn't interfere with this pregnancy till it get's to an advanced stage so we should reschedule the marriage for later to make extra sure that all would be well. So we cancelled again and rescheduled for after the Winter when the pregnancy would be in a stable and advanced stage.

She was selected for the DV 2015 when we checked sometime in mid May.
I got denied the J1 Visa in the last days of May
We finally got married in the first week of June.
Baby came in the first week of July.

About this the Visa officer that responded in the previous thread said our case was not one for disqualification. That if we were already married before the application and she had failed to include my name on the initial entry, we would have been subject to disqualification but as long as this was not the case especially as our explanation made sense we are fine and wont be disqualified or punished because of this which I noted but I have since come up with a few other questions since I am in Poland and I reckon a few documents may be sought from me since I left Nigeria 7 years ago.
My latest questions now are the following.. (I'm asking you guys because I can't seem to get a response about this issue from the US embassy in Warsaw and they don't have an innovative platform to liaise with applicants like you guys in Nigeria do via here.)
In your opinion, would I need the following
1. A police certificate from Nigeria, (or the US since I've had five J1 work and travel Visits which allowed me work in the US for at least 4 months a piece up till 2013) ...(I ask because of what I read that I'd have to provide a police certificate for all places I've lived at least a yr in since attaining the age of 16)

2. My Original WAEC result from Nigeria to show that I finished high school. (I couldn't get this very WAEC Certificate, the original one from my high school before leaving Nigeria and had to make do with the statement you get when you use a scratch card ..which shows my results because my school had some data mismatch problems from WAEC for my graduation set which had to do with the handing of schools back to their missionary owners that occurred in yr 2000 or 2001. This affected the production of the original certificates for my graduation set before the school was handed back to the missionary.. angry . The only way to check this result is through directly contacting the school or via a scratch card. But I also passed and have the WAEC GCE result which I could also provide. October/Nov ) I don't know what to do in this situation.

3. The birth certificate because I came here with the old registration of birth certificate and don't have the new one.
(Bearing in mind that my wife is the principal applicant and that I have been a student here for 7 continuous yrs in Poland with no visits to Nigeria in this period and would be completing my Master's degree in June/July of 2015)

Or whatever other documents you think I would need to show.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 12:20pm On Sep 11, 2014
Bubu01: Good morning VO and thanks for the Good work here. I pray you never get tired of this forum. last year i inquire on how to get a transit visa(wanted to visit my wife parent in the Caribbean) while waiting for 1-130 petition to be approved and sent to the embassy, but you told me i can go ahead and apply and it wont affect me. but i decided to wait and get my immigrant visa since i can use one stone to kill two birds. but unfortunately for us, i was put on Administrative processing this June. Mid last month, a man from the embassy visited our home unannounced and ask several question ( is this for real, so surprise) but since then we've not heard from the embassy.
Please i like to know how soon do you think i will be called back to the embassy (LGS2014577015). Is it possible to get a Transit visa while on Administrative processing or does it mean Automatic Transit visa deny?

Ma, The last 4 month has been the most difficult in our life. Traveling to Nigeria every 4 month is killing and draining our savings.

Thank you and hope to read from you soon..

Greetings! You should be hearing from us very soon -- in days rather than weeks. I don't think you're going to need that transit visa.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 12:29pm On Sep 11, 2014
Ndeedee: Hi Visa Officer...I'm back again with some more questions and I'm hoping you'll be able to give me hints as to what to do.

.... In your opinion, would I need the following
1. A police certificate from Nigeria, (or the US since I've had five J1 work and travel Visits which allowed me work in the US for at least 4 months a piece up till 2013) ...(I ask because of what I read that I'd have to provide a police certificate for all places I've lived at least a yr in since attaining the age of 16)

If you've lived in Nigeria for more than a year after your 16th birthday, you'll need a police certificate from Nigeria. You won't need a police certificate from the U.S. unless you've been arrested there... although in that case, it will show up in our records anyway. http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/submit/documents-to-submit-to-nvc.html has more information about police certificates and other documents.

2. My Original WAEC result from Nigeria to show that I finished high school. (I couldn't get this very WAEC Certificate, the original one from my high school before leaving Nigeria and had to make do with the statement you get when you use a scratch card ..which shows my results because my school had some data mismatch problems from WAEC for my graduation set which had to do with the handing of schools back to their missionary owners that occurred in yr 2000 or 2001. This affected the production of the original certificates for my graduation set before the school was handed back to the missionary.. angry . The only way to check this result is through directly contacting the school or via a scratch card. But I also passed and have the WAEC GCE result which I could also provide. October/Nov ) I don't know what to do in this situation.

Don't worry about it. If your wife is the primary applicant / Diversity Visa winner, you won't need to show your own academic credentials at all.

3. The birth certificate because I came here with the old registration of birth certificate and don't have the new one.
(Bearing in mind that my wife is the principal applicant and that I have been a student here for 7 continuous yrs in Poland with no visits to Nigeria in this period and would be completing my Master's degree in June/July of 2015)

Or whatever other documents you think I would need to show.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated

Personally I *think* you should be okay with your old registration of birth. Just explain to the officer how long you've been in Poland, etc. etc. If the officer wants anything additional, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. But it really sounds to me like you're in great shape and shouldn't have much trouble! Let us know what happens!

p.s. And congratulations on your marriage and baby! Too exciting! cheesy
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Ddream77: 1:29pm On Sep 11, 2014
Good day V.O...
How are you doing today?
I'm actually smiling as I type this question hope dust hasn't started covering my file grin that is on your desk?
I believe you are tired of hearing from me. I'm so sorry, it's not my fault just want to be cleared from the AP i've been placed on because I have a common name. To cut the long story short, I know and believe you know better, what are my chances of being cleared?
Is the AP at the embassy level or DOS?
Your response will be highly appreciated.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:43pm On Sep 11, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Greetings!

NVC hasn't contacted us asking if we can take additional cases in October yet - but if they do, we'll definitely take them. If your case is complete and they don't schedule it in October, it sounds to me like it would be scheduled in November, rather than making you wait until 2015. That's my supposition, anyway. I tell you what: When I hear from NVC about October (either asking us to schedule more cases or telling us they don't have more cases for us) I'll let you know.

Fingers crossed!

I just heard from NVC: They've completed October scheduling. So, the next available appointments will be in November.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:46pm On Sep 11, 2014
Ddream77: Good day V.O...
How are you doing today?
I'm actually smiling as I type this question hope dust hasn't started covering my file grin that is on your desk?
I believe you are tired of hearing from me. I'm so sorry, it's not my fault just want to be cleared from the AP i've been placed on because I have a common name. To cut the long story short, I know and believe you know better, what are my chances of being cleared?
Is the AP at the embassy level or DOS?
Your response will be highly appreciated.

The case is still on my desk and the AP is still continuing. At this point, I have to sadly state that I really don't think it's going to be cleared before the deadline. But if by some chance it does come through, I will let you know immediately. I can't give more detail than that.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by stdammis(m): 2:25pm On Sep 11, 2014
Hello dear VO, thanks for all you've bn doing for us here. Sometimes in july when I came for ma interview, I told chris and the other person about a school mate of mine having the same problem with the agent that sold my identity.....he tried to get he's CN from the agent but the agent would not give him as he was telling that my friend that its too late....all this happened in july. Am sure the agent already sold his identity too and the imposter would have bn caught.......just wanted a confirmation, may be that will relieve him of the opportunity the agent made him lose
Name: babatunde kolade tunde
Case no:2014AF00016005
Thanks much ma'am
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by sisitodun: 2:26pm On Sep 11, 2014
VisaOfficer:

I just heard from NVC: They've completed October scheduling. So, the next available appointments will be in November.
Many thanks, V.O. I'd be expecting to hear from them soon and let you know.
Sisitodun
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:03pm On Sep 11, 2014
stdammis: Hello dear VO, thanks for all you've bn doing for us here. Sometimes in july when I came for ma interview, I told chris and the other person about a school mate of mine having the same problem with the agent that sold my identity.....he tried to get he's CN from the agent but the agent would not give him as he was telling that my friend that its too late....all this happened in july. Am sure the agent already sold his identity too and the imposter would have bn caught.......just wanted a confirmation, may be that will relieve him of the opportunity the agent made him lose
Name: babatunde kolade tunde
Case no:2014AF00016005
Thanks much ma'am

Looks like the imposter and the fake wife chickened out.

If the real Kolade can get in here soon I'm willing to go ahead and interview him. Please have him e-mail us at LagosIV@state.gov. He'll need his panel physician papers etc. -- but if he can pull it all together fast, we'll see if he qualifies.

(I take it he's not really married...?) smiley

5 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nazgul: 4:23pm On Sep 11, 2014
Good afternoon Sir VisaOfficer, I have been a guest on this site for a while reading your posts and seeing how you're helping people. Sir I registered because I have a question I want you to help me with.

My question goes thus, I am an undergraduate in one of the tertiary institutions here in Nigeria, my elder brothers (2) are american citizens who have been in huston texas for about 10 years. I and My dad want to pay them a visit, since we are on long vacation to resume November.

My brother wants to send an invitation letter for the both of us (myself and my dad) for a 2weeks visit.

Please what are my chances of getting the visa?
I'm a student, I have my JAMB admission letter, my university identity card, my school fees payment receipt, and a letter of introduction from my department.

Please is there any other thing I would need, and what are my chances of getting this visa.

Looking forward to your response.

Thank you Sir.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by thesewa: 5:39pm On Sep 11, 2014
Good Day VO,
I am pregnant and want to travel to US for my baby delivery.
I av gotten the hospital I want to use in US and av gotten the doctor’s appointment and their bills sent to me.av also gotten all the neccessary document to take to the embassy but where the problem is,that I applied last month wit my husband and my daughter that we were going for vacation,which we were denied based on not having a strong tie to our country.when we applied then I stated dat am not employed at d moment but now I want to apply alone on the ground that I want to go and av my baby ,but I want to state it that am doing business which is selling of cloth but I don't have a shop.thou is my husband that is sponsoring the trip but I have my own statement which I will be attaching to it to show I av monthly income dat goes into the account.pls I need ur advise urgently before I submit the form. I stated in the previous application that I am housewife but with Master Degree & attending French Class. Should I state that I am doing business from my house without shop and registration with Government.so what should I choose as my primary occupation

Thank you
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Bubu01: 6:23pm On Sep 11, 2014
Thank you so much VO. I receive a call from the embassy and i was told to bring my Passport and new medical! Oh Ma, we are so grateful and i pray the lord put smile on your face as you've done to us today.
Thank you

VisaOfficer:

Greetings! You should be hearing from us very soon -- in days rather than weeks. I don't think you're going to need that transit visa.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:12pm On Sep 11, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Looks like the imposter and the fake wife chickened out.

If the real Kolade can get in here soon I'm willing to go ahead and interview him. Please have him e-mail us at LagosIV@state.gov. He'll need his panel physician papers etc. -- but if he can pull it all together fast, we'll see if he qualifies.

(I take it he's not really married...?) smiley
Good one! How would people agree to go for an interview when the eDV never had their photographs? My brother told me a guy came to Germany embassy without booking for an appointment. Just came with his own print-out. Computer age is messing Nigerians up!

Where is stdammis?

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (223)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.