Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (678412 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by AREOLA: 4:30am On Nov 30, 2014
Hello ma'am
I hope you remember my case ma? I have filed i-601, the i-130 will be submitted by Jan because of the passport of my hubby that i forgot to bring to united states.someone is going to naija during Xmas so she will bring it for me.
I hope the waiting period will not be too long.myself and his daughter are really missing him honestly.
hope you are enjoying your vacation?

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by jamny: 3:17am On Dec 01, 2014
Good day ma,

I need your immense advice on this....I have a girl friend in Tennessee and we both love each other so much. We met on social media and we have not seen in person. We've known each other since January this year. We intend to seal our relationship by getting married. We planned the marriage to take place in her country,so i can claim a Legal Permanent Resident in the united states afterward. I actually thought of applying for K-1 Visa but i don't know how easy and cost effective it might be. I am not that financially buoyant because i just finished my studies, seeking career. Please advice me on how to actualize this dream.
Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by bussyando(f): 10:13am On Dec 01, 2014
Good morning VO, I need some clarification Pls, my dad filed for i130 for me under the first preference category and it's almost 2yrs now. Pls I want to know how many years it takes before interview. Thanks alot.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Raahym(m): 2:10pm On Dec 01, 2014
Good Day VO,

I am a Nigerian Resident in South Africa. Before now i had been employed in a couple of companies in Nigeria with the most influential one in my life been an employment with the well known Entertainment Highway Limited (HiTV) as an IT Administrator until 2009 when i got an offer from an old employer who had established a company in South Africa and wanted me to join with my level of experience. This i took and moved to South Africa in 2009 without my girl child and wife because i needed to settle in first.

The company secured my work permit after i arrived in South Africa and after having saved much i decided to immigrate my wife and daughter which became positive. After my family had joined me we then started travelling, went to Malaysia in 2013 and then to the UK as well and then in 2013 applied for a US visa for the 2013 december holiday but to my dismay were refused and reason as hinted by the VO that interviewed me "he doubts me as i have not mentioned to have been refused visa in 2002" this was actually an honest mistake as time and event had taken over my memory and then later applied again with my family in early 2014 to celebrate our wedding anniversary and again refused.
This has left me confused because i have an even coming up in Las vegas in 2015 and planned to apply early 2015 but am scared as i do not know what has been written against my name and afraid might be refused again as am applying alone now.

Please advice. I appreciate you.

God Bless
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Gbola2014: 2:12pm On Dec 01, 2014
Hi VO

I was asked to turn in updated documents at the embassy and I wanted to schedule an appointment. Could you please help with the scheduling email address...

Thanks

Awaiting your response.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by HesInMe: 2:31pm On Dec 01, 2014
Hello,

Is third-country consular processing (in a non-Nigerian US consulate) possible, and how does one arrange it, please? I'm resident in Nigeria but for reasons I can't go into here I'd strongly prefer to appear for an interview outside the country.

Thanks!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 01, 2014
Visaofficer, how you doing? Great work you are doing here.
I will like to explain myself and be plain this time.
I am 21, will turn 22 next year May.
I have two business partners who are US citizens and they reside in the US (they are old couple). I work with them as fellow marketer and distributor in a Network Marketing company (MLM). They led me to the company.
So they now want an intimate business relationship with me.
Please, are they eligible to file a work permit or any visa category for me?
Thank you in advance.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by felixfelix: 5:56am On Dec 02, 2014
Thanks for the question well attended to. May I know if the citizen who is filling for the children who have already married can file for eight of them at the same time or is permitted to file for one only?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by felixfelix: 5:59am On Dec 02, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Are you asking about time or cost? The time depends on the age of the child and the child's marital status. For the cost, go to www.USCIS.gov and search for "I-130".

Thanks for the question well attended to. May I know if the citizen who is filling for the children who have already married can file for eight of them at the same time or is permitted to file for one only?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by prommy(f): 6:20am On Dec 02, 2014
I have 2years visa to America can i use it to travel to colombia.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by jamny: 8:31am On Dec 02, 2014
Good day ma,

I need your immense advice on this....I have a girl friend in Tennessee and we both love each other so much. We met on social media and we have not seen in person. We've known each other since January this year. We intend to seal our relationship by getting married. We planned the marriage to take place in her country,so i can claim a Legal Permanent Resident in the united states afterward. I actually thought of applying for K-1 Visa but i don't know how easy and cost effective it might be. I am not that financially buoyant because i just finished my studies, seeking career. Please advice me on how to actualize this dream.
Thanks....
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Jchi9876: 11:09am On Dec 02, 2014
prommy:

Lol

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by GraceyMeryl: 6:26am On Dec 03, 2014
Hello VO

I am currently on f2 visa in US and got admission for spring so I need to change to f1 to be able to enrol for classes. I applied online for the change of visa status but the wait time till approval is like 2.5 month which will put me at the middle of february and classes starts January 12. I am thinking, should I travel back to Nigeria to change my visa status to f1? what are my chances of approval if I come to naija for the visa interview since I already applied via the online elis uscis? should I just wait in the state for the visa approval since some people get their f1 approval even before its 2.5 month? PLS I NEED YOUR ADVICE
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 4:06pm On Dec 03, 2014
nalacandi:
Dear VO Officer,

My husband and I wanted to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving this year! We want to tell you how much we appreciate all you do each day. We were hoping to see if there might be any update on our case. I sent an email and provided my address change, as you instructed, and I have changed my address with the USCIS. Please, if you have any information it would be greatly appreciated. We truly miss each other and woud love to be together for Christmas. Do you think that could be possible in our situation? Our case # LGS2014598025.

We hope you have had a wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoyed your break.

Sincerely,

nalacandi

Greetings! I'm still traveling (both vacation and work-related travel), so can't check on specific cases.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 4:07pm On Dec 03, 2014
omotfavy:
Its obvious u are njoying ur vacation,may God bless u ma.Pls i want to ask d likely documents dat wil b needed for derivative purpose at d embassy since her case is now current and she hhopes to travel by early january with her baby.

The baby will need a passport, as well as the birth certificate and medical report. smiley
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 4:08pm On Dec 03, 2014
AREOLA:
Hello ma'am
I hope you remember my case ma? I have filed i-601, the i-130 will be submitted by Jan because of the passport of my hubby that i forgot to bring to united states.someone is going to naija during Xmas so she will bring it for me.
I hope the waiting period will not be too long.myself and his daughter are really missing him honestly.
hope you are enjoying your vacation?

I do remember your case. I hope the waiver application is processed quickly and successfully!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 4:10pm On Dec 03, 2014
jamny:
Good day ma,

Thanks

Greetings! It is unlikely that the fiance petition would be approved by USCIS if you have never met in person. One of the questions on the petition asks if you two have met in person in the past two years; if you've never met, my guess is that USCIS will decline to approve the petition at all.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 4:12pm On Dec 03, 2014
bussyando:
Good morning VO, I need some clarification Pls, my dad filed for i130 for me under the first preference category and it's almost 2yrs now. Pls I want to know how many years it takes before interview. Thanks alot.

Right now, for the F1 category, cases filed before June 22, 2007, are current. So it's running around 7 1/2 years at present.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 4:13pm On Dec 03, 2014
Raahym:
Good Day VO,

I am a Nigerian Resident in South Africa. Before now i had been employed in a couple of companies in Nigeria with the most influential one in my life been an employment with the well known Entertainment Highway Limited (HiTV) as an IT Administrator until 2009 when i got an offer from an old employer who had established a company in South Africa and wanted me to join with my level of experience. This i took and moved to South Africa in 2009 without my girl child and wife because i needed to settle in first.

The company secured my work permit after i arrived in South Africa and after having saved much i decided to immigrate my wife and daughter which became positive. After my family had joined me we then started travelling, went to Malaysia in 2013 and then to the UK as well and then in 2013 applied for a US visa for the 2013 december holiday but to my dismay were refused and reason as hinted by the VO that interviewed me "he doubts me as i have not mentioned to have been refused visa in 2002" this was actually an honest mistake as time and event had taken over my memory and then later applied again with my family in early 2014 to celebrate our wedding anniversary and again refused.
This has left me confused because i have an even coming up in Las vegas in 2015 and planned to apply early 2015 but am scared as i do not know what has been written against my name and afraid might be refused again as am applying alone now.

Please advice. I appreciate you.

God Bless

This is a question for my non-immigrant visa colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 4:13pm On Dec 03, 2014
Gbola2014:
Hi VO

I was asked to turn in updated documents at the embassy and I wanted to schedule an appointment. Could you please help with the scheduling email address...

Thanks

Awaiting your response.

LagosIV@state.gov is the general address -- they can redirect you from there if needed.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 4:15pm On Dec 03, 2014
HesInMe:
Hello,

Is third-country consular processing (in a non-Nigerian US consulate) possible, and how does one arrange it, please? I'm resident in Nigeria but for reasons I can't go into here I'd strongly prefer to appear for an interview outside the country.

Thanks!

You should be interviewed in the country in which you reside. But if you have a good reason to transfer your case, if it's already at post, please e-mail LagosIV@state.gov to request a transfer. If the case is still with USCIS / NVC, you can contact them directly and let them know what post you'd like to be interviewed at.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 4:16pm On Dec 03, 2014
Gevic:
Visaofficer, how you doing? Great work you are doing here.
I will like to explain myself and be plain this time.
I am 21, will turn 22 next year May.
I have two business partners who are US citizens and they reside in the US (they are old couple). I work with them as fellow marketer and distributor in a Network Marketing company (MLM). They led me to the company.
So they now want an intimate business relationship with me.
Please, are they eligible to file a work permit or any visa category for me?
Thank you in advance.

They are probably not eligible to file for you. But you can review the links I posted to see if any of the information would be useful to you.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 4:17pm On Dec 03, 2014
felixfelix:

The parent can file for all of his children, or just for one -- it's up to each family to decide how they want to proceed.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 4:18pm On Dec 03, 2014
prommy:

No, Colombia is a separate country from the United States, and a United States visa will not permit you to enter Colombia.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 4:19pm On Dec 03, 2014
GraceyMeryl:
Hello VO

I am currently on f2 visa in US and got admission for spring so I need to change to f1 to be able to enrol for classes. I applied online for the change of visa status but the wait time till approval is like 2.5 month which will put me at the middle of february and classes starts January 12. I am thinking, should I travel back to Nigeria to change my visa status to f1? what are my chances of approval if I come to naija for the visa interview since I already applied via the online elis uscis? should I just wait in the state for the visa approval since some people get their f1 approval even before its 2.5 month? PLS I NEED YOUR ADVICE

These are questions for my non-immigrant visa colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by omotfavy(f): 6:06pm On Dec 03, 2014
VisaOfficer:

The baby will need a passport, as well as the birth certificate and medical report. smiley
ma,they are talking about DS-260.ow wil it b done?and ma,i went to do medicals today but dey dint do it claiming dat embassy ought to send a stamped passport to my mail so dey can go ahead with d medicals
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by jamny: 8:53pm On Dec 03, 2014
Good day ma,

Thanks so much for the great job your are doing......

I want to know what will be required of me at the embassy if i intend to visit my fiance through friend visitation visa.
Do i need to have a huge amount of money before i can visit her,considering the fact that i am a young graduate seeking a career?

Does she also needs to be financially buoyant before she can receive me? she's not too financially buoyant from what i know of her,but i think she can fend for me throughout my stay?

I also need the requirements to get a Friend Visitation visa easily,such as duration of such visa and other requirements.

Thanks. hope to hear back from you soon.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:39pm On Dec 04, 2014
jamny:
Good day ma,

Thanks so much for the great job your are doing......

I want to know what will be required of me at the embassy if i intend to visit my fiance through friend visitation visa.
Do i need to have a huge amount of money before i can visit her,considering the fact that i am a young graduate seeking a career?

Does she also needs to be financially buoyant before she can receive me? she's not too financially buoyant from what i know of her,but i think she can fend for me throughout my stay?

I also need the requirements to get a Friend Visitation visa easily,such as duration of such visa and other requirements.

Thanks. hope to hear back from you soon.

These are questions for my non-immigrant visa colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:42pm On Dec 04, 2014
omotfavy:
ma,they are talking about DS-260.ow wil it b done?and ma,i went to do medicals today but dey dint do it claiming dat embassy ought to send a stamped passport to my mail so dey can go ahead with d medicals

This is all for your friend, right? Someone should fill out the DS-260 for the baby online, just as the principal applicant filled it out for herself (or as someone completed it for her). The case number and invoice ID number are the same as for the principal applicant. As for the passport for the medical exam, yes, if she is updating her medicals she will need her passport. Ask her to send us an e-mail at LagosIV@state.gov so she can make arrangements to pick it up. (I'm not sure why the panel physician would want her to show her passport if it's the baby who needs the medical report, but perhaps that's one of their requirements?)
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by fbshina: 3:18pm On Dec 04, 2014
VisaOfficer:

I honestly have no idea how this will play out in term of wait times. My goal is to always accept ALL the cases that the National Visa Center has ready for us each month. smiley
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by fbshina: 3:31pm On Dec 04, 2014
Hello Sir,
My immigrant visa interview held on the 17th, October, 2014, the visa was denied coz the consular officer felt our marriage was not bonafide. he gave me a paper that stated that the petition will be returned to USCIS for review. My wife had been to Nigeria 2 times and the wedding took place in Nigeria. Since after the interview, my wife has made spirited efforts to contact USCIS and NVC, they keep telling her they have not received the petition, while US Consulate in lagos replied me in the email I sent to them that the petition has been returned to them. My case no is LGS2014601031. Please sir, kindly assist in looking at what is happening on the said petition. I shall be very happy to read from u soon. Thank u

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (223)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.