Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,964 members, 7,821,383 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

Ajimobi Must Go - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ajimobi Must Go (11072 Views)

Aisha Buhari Visits Oyo State, Welcomed By Ajimobi And Wife / See The Beautiful Daughters Of Governor Ajimobi / Ajimobi's Daughters Stun At Dad's Re-election Campaign- Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ajimobi Must Go by toludadon(m): 4:46pm On Jul 10, 2014
texaco1: bros ,pdp members are peace loving and law abiding citizens . They don't throw insults or abuses , but unlike one party I won't mention. Heheheh
pdp and peace in a single statement is highly oxymoronic.... lol...just like saying beautiful nightmare
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by makeitplain: 5:00pm On Jul 10, 2014
toludadon:
I can tell you as At today, ajimobi will have bloc vote from Oyo town and the Ibadan agenda is highly in his favor too

Not true, Oyo is already in the pocket of Oyo PDP via alaafin. U need to upgrade and update ur source of information. That in bold is obsolete. Have u not observed that Ajimobi and Alaafin do not make reference to each other anymore in recent times. Do u think Jonathan just went to drink coffee with Alaafin when he visited him? Why do u think Tinubu abused SW Obas subsequently? Alaafin is among those he was referring to cos they are disappointed he dumped them for PDP.

texaco1: bros ,even ladoja na pdp man, if he is called to a meeting now with gej and muazu ,he will state his terms and condition just like he did for ajimobi the last time. Even labour party according to info I am getting won't give pdp any problem. One thing ppl are forgetting is that nigeria politics is about what I can get not what is good for the people,all these politicians will trade their followers if given the right price ,but gej needs every state he can win in order to win in 2015

Of course that is the way it is, I am aware that a popular Accord chieftain from Oyo town (I don't want to mention name) is negotiating with the influence of Alaafin for PDP ticket for Oyo Central Sen district. Meanwhile majority will believe that he (the said chieftain) is accord and that Alaafin supports APC.
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by emiye(m): 5:20pm On Jul 10, 2014
makeitplain:

Not true, Oyo is already in the pocket of Oyo PDP via alaafin. U need to upgrade and update ur source of information. That in bold is obsolete. Have u not observed that Ajimobi and Alaafin do not make reference to each other anymore in recent times. Do u think Jonathan just went to drink coffee with Alaafin when he visited him? Why do u think Tinubu abused SW Obas subsequently? Alaafin is among those he was referring to cos they are disappointed he dumped them for PDP.

Of course that is the way it is, I am aware that a popular Accord chieftain from Oyo town (I don't want to mention name) is negotiating with the influence of Alaafin for PDP ticket for Oyo Central Sen district. Meanwhile majority will believe that he (the said chieftain) is accord and that Alaafin supports APC.

There is a greater chance of a bloc vote from the influence of a political leader than a traditional ruler. While i agree that Alaafin might be an influence to the voting pattern in Oyo town, a bloc vote is what he cant deliver. I really dont know much about the current relationship of the Alaafin and the oyo state govrnor, but i am aware the son of the alaafin is one of the recetly appointed commissioners, and the Alaafin is a beneficiary from state govt contract from what the splash fm interview brouahaha revealed.
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by texaco1: 5:27pm On Jul 10, 2014
makeitplain:

thanks for supporting my views ,I intentionally with held some points too. People dontt know that alafin has already ttold ajimobi that “odun merin merin ni mo ma paro iyawo” meaning I change my wife every four four years. Meaning tthat he supports a new candidate for governorship every four years. Gej and pdp will descend on oyo state in a big way and believe me all those politicians in labour ,accord and apc will support pdp . We are talking about mega cash here . Why will a politician support a party that is offering 20million for his support when pdp is offering 60mill or 80mill for the same support. Itt is all about cash and not about the masses
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by stevolinkon40: 5:28pm On Jul 10, 2014
NO labour party member here? the top apc oliticians that defected to the party. How strong are they politically?
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by texaco1: 5:29pm On Jul 10, 2014
emiye:

There is a greater chance of a bloc vote from the influence of a political leader than a traditional ruler. While i agree that Alaafin might be an influence to the voting pattern in Oyo town, a bloc vote is what he cant deliver. I really dont know much about the current relationship of the Alaafin and the oyo state govrnor, but i am aware the son of the alaafin is one of the recetly appointed commissioners, and the Alaafin is a beneficiary from state govt contract from what the splash fm interview brouahaha revealed.
bros ,alafin moves with the highest bidder and believe me ajimobi can't bid higher than gej
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by emiye(m): 5:41pm On Jul 10, 2014
texaco1: bros ,alafin moves with the highest bidder and believe me ajimobi can't bid higher than gej
well, it might be true, but, i also think one of the Alaafin's son intends to contest for house of rep under APC i suppose.

I think you arrogate so much political powers to the alaafin than he has. Oyo town is not made up of robots, a political leader in the town even called him a common criminal on the airwaves.
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by texaco1: 6:13pm On Jul 10, 2014
emiye:
well, it might be true, but, i also think one of the Alaafin's son intends to contest for house of rep under APC i suppose.

I think you arrogate so much political powers to the alaafin than he has. Oyo town is not made up of robots, a political leader in the town even called him a common criminal on the airwaves.
bros in politics there are no permanent friends or enemies ,it is all about interest. Alafin is very powerful he controls the grassroot in oyo . I remember the last time ,olakojo told akala he could win oyo without alafin support, hundreds of millions was disbursed for oyo to secure their votes, alafin gave the final order on either thursday or wednesday that all votes should go to apc . He is powerful buy only in oyo town. With the way akala was leading in last guber elections it is now obvious that a gov can emerge without the alafin support. But look at alafin history from lam adesina time ,he has never supported an incumbent for second term. About his son contesting under apc,all na wash wash . Just wait and see . If alafin son is offered a ministerial post alafin will curse ajimobi on tv immidiately.
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by toludadon(m): 6:30pm On Jul 10, 2014
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by toludadon(m): 6:37pm On Jul 10, 2014
makeitplain:

let me give you an insider gist, ajimobi has gotten alaafin's balls, he has entered him so much, pdp is only trying to use kamil to weigh down alaafin"s influence in oyo. Bisi ilaka will only be senator if he moves to apc. another Info , why do you think Yunus Akintunde is back with ajimobi as an executive assistant?I can tell you that Olakojo is talking to apc having realized that alaafin is hooked on ajimobi
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by toludadon(m): 6:42pm On Jul 10, 2014
stevolinkon40: NO labour party member here? the top apc oliticians that defected to the party. How strong are they politically?
most of those that left for labour will eventually come back to apc , all they want is a vantage position of negotiation rather than been dulled and silenced by appointments. they actually want elective office and they know that's the only way they can get apc tickets
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by toludadon(m): 6:52pm On Jul 10, 2014
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by toludadon(m): 7:07pm On Jul 10, 2014
emiye:

WHEN IT COMES TO OYO VOTE, NEGLECT ALAAFIN AT YOUR OWN PERIL. ASK OLAKOJO AND AKALA. alaafin delivers to the last polling Booth in Oyo town, you can't even try voting against alaafin's candidates. The man plays his politics with every local chief and baales given targets in Oyo town
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by texaco1: 7:36pm On Jul 10, 2014
One good thing about this thread is that everyone that has contributed knows a great deal about oyo state politics except the medical doctor of course
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by emiye(m): 7:40pm On Jul 10, 2014
toludadon:

WHEN IT COMES TO OYO VOTE, NEGLECT ALAAFIN AT YOUR OWN PERIL. ASK OLAKOJO AND AKALA. alaafin delivers to the last polling Booth in Oyo town, you can't even try voting against alaafin's candidates. The man plays his politics with every local chief and baales given targets in Oyo town
I know the Alaafin has electoral value, if not Ajimobi will not be courting him via political appointment and contracts to his wards and him, coz i know the prince is a commissioner another is a caretaker chairman. BUT, i also think is political clout is exaggerated, maybe i am not right.
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by toludadon(m): 8:00pm On Jul 10, 2014
emiye: I know the Alaafin has electoral value, if not Ajimobi will not be courting him via political appointment and contracts to his wards and him, coz i know the prince is a commissioner another is a caretaker chairman. BUT, i also think is political clout is exaggerated, maybe i am not right.
it's not exaggeration , alaafin is that powerful. it's the princess that's commissioner for culture and tourisn
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by January10: 8:07pm On Jul 10, 2014
Am waiting for all parties(excluding apc) to present their candidates before I do my personnal assesment of the most competent but my household already approved accord party, so my parent,parents parent, and all the extended family will vote for accord come 2015 except me. I may vote accord too if pdp and labour didn't present any credible candidate
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by stevolinkon40: 9:33pm On Jul 10, 2014
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by makeitplain: 9:43pm On Jul 10, 2014
emiye:

Should I tell u something? Skimee is contesting under PDP for house of Rep not APC, it is part of what his dad Alaafin his putting on the table for the PDP. But if u ask him (Skimee) today, he will still tell u he his APC to the bone. Look, in politics, things do not always look like it seems. Many things u might read on paper today or tomorrow could have been completed several weeks prior to making it public. Do u not know that Adeseun had been an undercover PDP member for months before finally making public declaration 3 days ago?
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by makeitplain: 9:46pm On Jul 10, 2014
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by texaco1: 9:50pm On Jul 10, 2014
makeitplain:

Should I tell u something? Skimee is contesting under PDP for house of Rep not APC, it is part of what his dad Alaafin his putting on the table for the PDP. But if u ask him (Skimee) today, he will still tell u he his APC to the bone. Look, in politics, things do not always look like it seems. Many things u might read on paper today or tomorrow could have been completed several weeks prior to making it public. Do u not know that Adeseun had been an undercover PDP member for months before finally making public declaration 3 days ago?
this guy is a real politician. You know how the game is played .kudos tto you I salute u. You have said it all,and that is what I have been telling people ,the mere fact that some made posters and doesn't mean he wants to contest
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by makeitplain: 10:24pm On Jul 10, 2014
Thanks, though I am actually not a politician but I am somehow connected to some of of these big names. In some cases directly and in some cases indirectly. So its easy for me to know what exactly is going on.
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by toludadon(m): 10:27pm On Jul 10, 2014
makeitplain:

there's a difference between wishes and reality
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by RedReact: 4:47am On Jul 11, 2014
Texaco1,

Although I know what politics does to our society but don't you think looking out for one's interest, which is what our politicians are doing, is detriment to the growth of our nation? If it's about money and what people are going to get, are we not trading-off our collective gain in the future for temporal crumbs?

Many people do say that the elites do not vote; should I blame them for not voting when it appears that our supposed leaders are bereft of political ideology and they can easily sweep off many of our people off their feet.
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by texaco1: 6:01am On Jul 11, 2014
RedReact: Texaco1,

Although I know what politics does to our society but don't you think looking out for one's interest, which is what our politicians are doing, is detriment to the growth of our nation? If it's about money and what people are going to get, are we not trading-off our collective gain in the future for temporal crumbs?

Many people do say that the elites do not vote; should I blame them for not voting when it appears that our supposed leaders are bereft of political ideology and they can easily sweep off many of our people off their feet.
do u want us to treat this point?because tthis is another topic entirely . Very wide topic and It is an issue that a lot.
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by emiye(m): 11:34am On Jul 11, 2014
texaco1: One good thing about this thread is that everyone that has contributed knows a great deal about oyo state politics except the medical doctor of course

If telling you the accord party is currently stronger than PDP in oyo state is why i dont know about oyo politics, then i cant help you.

BTW, i am no medical doctor, the other guy manufactured that from his asss.
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jul 11, 2014
emiye:

If telling you the accord party is currently stronger than PDP in oyo state is why i dont know about oyo politics, then i cant help you.

BTW, i am no medical doctor, the other guy manufactured that from his asss.

Dr Emiye haba
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by RedReact: 2:59pm On Jul 11, 2014
texaco1: do u want us to treat this point?because tthis is another topic entirely . Very wide topic and It is an issue that a lot.
Why not? You see, nobody knows it all, and that is why we all learn everyday. You are in a country where things work, and what we see our leaders do here and throw ourselves into frenzy is what will be regarded as junks; you and I know this. Although I don't really know what happened, since I am not in the country now, but a situation in which a sitting king, a respectable person, is being accused of corruption is totally a thing of disgrace. Why are our leaders so desperate to be in office? They are because they know that they can easily buy out people to get into power and once it is done, they forget about the essence of leadership.
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by mogentle(m): 3:03pm On Jul 11, 2014
smartchoice:

Get off Nairaland your patients are dying at the Ekiti State University Teaching Hospital....or are you this wicked and mean?

You are the OP, and you insult most. Why? Are you this silly? Why are you insulting the poster? Remember, i pointed you to a post where you called someone a slowpoke some days ago, thought you've repented. Pathethic!!!
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 11, 2014
Lovely thread sound arguments and civilized contributors.
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by January10: 4:23pm On Jul 11, 2014
emiye:

the accord party is currently stronger than PDP in oyo state .
very true but who knows what will happen before the election(8months from now)
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by texaco1: 8:12pm On Jul 11, 2014
RedReact:
Why not? You see, nobody knows it all, and that is why we all learn everyday. You are in a country where things work, and what we see our leaders do here and throw ourselves into frenzy is what will be regarded as junks; you and I know this. Although I don't really know what happened, since I am not in the country now, but a situation in which a sitting king, a respectable person, is being accused of corruption is totally a thing of disgrace. Why are our leaders so desperate to be in office? They are because they know that they can easily buy out people to get into power and once it is done, they forget about the essence of leadership.
hello my bro, sorry for my long silence. The problem with nigeria is not bad leadership but bad follower ship,I know this will come as a surprise to many. You see in the us here , most of their citizens are deeply involve in the electioneering process, let me put it like this ,you can't win unless the people want u to. That is why debates are done, candidates mingle with ppl and you have to table your points and policies and how you intend to carry it out.but in nigeria that isn't the case,I can tell you that half of those that vote in nigeria are party members of parties not that it isn't so here but what about the other. People,nigeria is a nation of about 150million but still less than half of thatt number has voters card. For example look at the case of ekiti ,I am sure there will be over 5million ppl in that state but less than 1million voted,nigerian feel indifferent toward goverment and only complain when the wrong ppl get there,until nigerians take their destiny in their hands and realize that their vote is their power ,nigeria will continue to have bad leadership. Rigging starts from voters registration and I can bet with u that unless govt mandates it many ppl won't register,now how will they exercise their power to choose?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lagos PDP Sacks Chairman / INEC Declares Zamfara By-Election Inconclusive, 2 Adhoc Staff Missing / Jonathan Renames Liberty Stadium After Awolowo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.