Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:14 AM

Ajimobi Must Go - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ajimobi Must Go (11052 Views)

Aisha Buhari Visits Oyo State, Welcomed By Ajimobi And Wife / See The Beautiful Daughters Of Governor Ajimobi / Ajimobi's Daughters Stun At Dad's Re-election Campaign- Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ajimobi Must Go by Nobody: 7:24am On Jun 30, 2014
I read with immense trepidation that the infamous Apete bridge has not been constructed by the acclaimed peoples government of APC in Oyo State.... Leading to another loss of several lives yet this insensitive govt could spend billions on mokola flyover! What's wrong with APC governments we have never had it so bad even under PDP! Haba kilode?

12 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Must Go by Firefire(m): 7:33am On Jun 30, 2014
your vote is your POWER!

VOTE WISELY next time

15 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Must Go by Nobody: 8:38am On Jun 30, 2014
BUT WHO IS GONNA REPLACE HIM undecided

AND DON'T MENTION AKALAangry

10 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Must Go by LajaLaba: 8:55am On Jun 30, 2014
smartchoice: I read with immense trepidation that the infamous Apete bridge has not been constructed by the acclaimed peoples government of APC in Oyo State.... Leading to another loss of several lives yet this insensitive govt could spend billions on mokola flyover! What's wrong with APC governments we have never had it so bad even under PDP! Haba kilode?
Hahahahaha please don't tell me u wanna campaign for Akala most of u guys no get brain at all kilode?

21 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Must Go by bokoslayer: 9:01am On Jun 30, 2014
Laja Laba: Hahahahaha please don't tell me u wanna campaign for Akala most of u guys no get brain at all kilode?

We have people that are better than Akala. In the fullness of time, ye shall know themsmiley.

2 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Must Go by olapluto(m): 9:10am On Jun 30, 2014
smartchoice: I read with immense trepidation that the infamous Apete bridge has not been constructed by the acclaimed peoples government of APC in Oyo State.... Leading to another loss of several lives yet this insensitive govt could spend billions on mokola flyover! What's wrong with APC governments we have never had it so bad even under PDP! Haba kilode?
Actually, the bridge has been constructed, and was billed for opening in September. However, what went wrong was that the wooden make-shift bridge which pedestrians use to cross the river gave way.
As someone who has walked on the wooden bridge many times, it was clear to me that the bridge was weak.
But for you to now start claiming PDP is better is a shame. AKala received much more than Ajimobi did from the FG. Akala NEVER built a road or bridge in Apete. On this one, you have goofed.

21 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Must Go by djfaithy: 9:18am On Jun 30, 2014
Op be careful, oyo state is different from Ekiti ooo.

12 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Must Go by seunlayi(m): 10:03am On Jun 30, 2014

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Must Go by LajaLaba: 10:50am On Jun 30, 2014
bokoslayer:

We have people that are better than Akala. In the fullness of time, ye shall know themsmiley.

Humour me please Chief which of the party PDP or APC
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by Nobody: 10:53am On Jun 30, 2014
ola_pluto:
Actually, the bridge has been constructed, and was billed for opening in September. However, what went wrong was that the wooden make-shift bridge which pedestrians use to cross the river gave way.
As someone who has walked on the wooden bridge many times, it was clear to me that the bridge was weak.
But for you to now start claiming PDP is better is a shame. AKala received much more than Ajimobi did from the FG. Akala NEVER built a road or bridge in Apete. On this one, you have goofed.

This is false information.... Fear God oh!
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by Nobody: 10:55am On Jun 30, 2014
Laja Laba: Hahahahaha please don't tell me u wanna campaign for Akala most of u guys no get brain at all kilode?
Are you this moronically fixated?

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Must Go by olapluto(m): 10:56am On Jun 30, 2014
smartchoice:

This is false information.... Fear God oh!
Look, I have a house in Apete. If you have contrary info, put it here. The bridge is there, but not ready to use. The contractor had been very slow on the project. However, he got a September ultimatum, and the government has fixed september to commision the road. Dont try use a tragedy to play politics here.
Is it not the same Ajimobi that constructed Ajibode/Apete road as an alternative for the bridge being constructed? I personally wish Accord party takes over from Ajimobi, but lets be clear with things here.

11 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Must Go by Nobody: 11:03am On Jun 30, 2014
ola_pluto:
Look, I have a house in Apete. If you have contrary info, put it here.
This is why APC loses elections... If you persist in spreading falsehood I will pray to God Almighty to make everything good in your life both present and future like the bridge you're claiming has been constructed!

2 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Must Go by bokoslayer: 11:07am On Jun 30, 2014
Laja Laba: Humour me please Chief which of the party PDP or APC

None of the above. We are looking beyond those two. Akala himself knows he can't be Governor again while Ajimobi is still deluded.
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by Nobody: 11:10am On Jun 30, 2014
ola_pluto:
Look, I have a house in Apete. If you have contrary info, put it here.
Now you're annoying me with this false information... Why why are you not human? Must your entire household perish before you say the truth... May God judge you according to what you have posted here, may he reward you accordingly and abundantly... May the blood of the helpless, innocent and the poor who lost their lives due to this callousness never stop crying on the head of the falsehood peddlers on this thread!

2 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Must Go by olapluto(m): 11:11am On Jun 30, 2014
Apete Bridge for completion September —Oyo govt
The Oyo State government said that the Apete Bridge currently undergoing reconstruction will be completed by the end of September this year.

The state Commissioner for Works, Mr Bimbo Kolade made this disclosure at the weekend while addressing newsmen shortly after an inspection visit to some roads and bridges being constructed by the state government within the Ibadan metropolis.

The commissioner, while urging the people of the state, particularly those directly affected by the project, to exercise patience with government, explained that the delay in the completion of the 45-metre bridge was to give room for solidification and laying of precast concrete materials used for the project.

He said that government had instructed the contractor handling the project to expand the water channels to allow for easy flow of water.

The Commissioner said that the Governor Abiola Ajimobi-administration would not leave any of the project it initiated uncompleted.

“The apprehension of the people that government has abandoned the bridge and that rain has washed away the bridge is not true. We are here and you can see it yourselves that the structure work is seriously in progress on the project.

“The assurance that I will give to the people is that the work is going on; a period of waiting must be observed, otherwise things will fail along the line. Our people should be patient with government,” Kolade said.

The Project Manager for the Toll Gate Interchange-Efunsetan Junction Road in Ibadan, Mr Michael Muir said if the road was properly maintained after completion, it would last over 20 years, while the Principal Resident Engineer, Mr Tajudeen Akanbi expressed confidence of the durability of the road.
Source: http://www.tribune.com.ng/news/news-headlines/item/5021-apete-bridge-for-completion-september-oyo-govt/5021-apete-bridge-for-completion-september-oyo-govt

3 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Must Go by olapluto(m): 11:18am On Jun 30, 2014
smartchoice:
Now you're annoying me with this false information... Why why are you not human? Must your entire household perish before you say the truth... May God judge you according to what you have posted here, may he reward you accordingly and abundantly... May the blood of the helpless, innocent and the poor who lost their lives due to this callousness never stop crying on the head of the falsehood peddlers on this thread!
I dont need to curse you. I'm fasting. I have provided the link for you to see. My house is in Apete, I know the state of the roads. The construction is slow, very slow, but you cannot say the bridge is not there.
The wooden bridge that got submerged was only made to ease pedestrian access to Apete for those who could not go via Ajibode. Over time, a market developed around the wooden bridge, with beggars standing on the bridge all day. The main bridge being constructed is about 20m away from the wooden bridge.
I do not know what point you're trying to drive home, but you are not saying anything other than to blame. What do you know about the bridge? Have you seen the newly constructed bridge?
See the attached pix from tribune and join 1 and 2

8 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Must Go by Nobody: 11:28am On Jun 30, 2014
ola_pluto: Apete Bridge for completion September —Oyo govt
The Oyo State government said that the Apete Bridge currently undergoing reconstruction will be completed by the end of September this year.

The state Commissioner for Works, Mr Bimbo Kolade made this disclosure at the weekend while addressing newsmen shortly after an inspection visit to some roads and bridges being constructed by the state government within the Ibadan metropolis.

The commissioner, while urging the people of the state, particularly those directly affected by the project, to exercise patience with government, explained that the delay in the completion of the 45-metre bridge was to give room for solidification and laying of precast concrete materials used for the project.

He said that government had instructed the contractor handling the project to expand the water channels to allow for easy flow of water.

The Commissioner said that the Governor Abiola Ajimobi-administration would not leave any of the project it initiated uncompleted.

“The apprehension of the people that government has abandoned the bridge and that rain has washed away the bridge is not true. We are here and you can see it yourselves that the structure work is seriously in progress on the project.

“The assurance that I will give to the people is that the work is going on; a period of waiting must be observed, otherwise things will fail along the line. Our people should be patient with government,” Kolade said.

The Project Manager for the Toll Gate Interchange-Efunsetan Junction Road in Ibadan, Mr Michael Muir said if the road was properly maintained after completion, it would last over 20 years, while the Principal Resident Engineer, Mr Tajudeen Akanbi expressed confidence of the durability of the road.
Source: http://www.tribune.com.ng/news/news-headlines/item/5021-apete-bridge-for-completion-september-oyo-govt/5021-apete-bridge-for-completion-september-oyo-govt

I don't want an epistle.... Show us the pictures of the completed brigde since it collapsed in 2010!

2 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Must Go by Nobody: 11:30am On Jun 30, 2014
ola_pluto:
I dont need to curse you. I'm fasting. I have provided the link for you to see. My house is in Apete, I know the state of the roads. The construction is slow, very slow, but you cannot say the bridge is not there.
The wooden bridge that got submerged was only made to ease pedestrian access to Apete for those who could not go via Ajibode. Over time, a market developed around the wooden bridge, with beggars standing on the bridge all day. The main bridge being constructed is about 20m away from the wooden bridge.
I do not know what point you're trying to drive home, but you are not saying anything other than to blame. What do you know about the bridge? Have you seen the newly constructed bridge?

Since 2010! You're a very cruel creature...I never curse you at all o!

2 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Must Go by Nobody: 11:38am On Jun 30, 2014
smartchoice:

Since 2010! You're a very cruel creature
undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Must Go by Firefire(m): 11:56am On Jun 30, 2014
God will judge the looters claiming progressive and stealing the people dry embarassed

10 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Must Go by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jun 30, 2014
berem don't quote me....am not playing politics here not at all and am not even talking about Nigeria but my neighborhood!

berem: undecided undecided

9 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Must Go by bestman09(m): 12:08pm On Jun 30, 2014
ola_pluto:

@ola_Pluto, is this bridge you posted the picture actually completed and ready for use as you claimed?

7 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Must Go by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jun 30, 2014
bestman09:

@ola_Pluto, is this bridge you posted the picture actually completed and ready for use as you claimed?

Ask the murderer playing politics with human life.....

7 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Must Go by solar007: 12:24pm On Jun 30, 2014
bestman09:

YES IT IS, CHECK THIS OUT https://www.nairaland.com/1791324/15-death-after-saturday-downpour

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Must Go by olapluto(m): 12:34pm On Jun 30, 2014
bestman09:

Dig up where I ever claimed the bridge was completed or ready to use.
smartchoice:
Ask the murderer playing politics with human life.....
I will not take issues with you. I am fasting. I actually only posted a comment on this thread to counter your claims about having it better during Akala regime. I lived in Apete for over a decade. Akala did ZERO projects in Apete. Ajimobi has opened up Apete with the Ajibode/Arola/Apete road, leading ot Ojoo, UI, etc. The road linking Apete with Ijokodo/Poly is also part of the bridge project and it is dragging as well. I believe this unfortunate incidence will hasten things up. I do not know what you get by cursing and calling people names. If trully your objective is for the people, you will state your case rather than go political about it.

9 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Must Go by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jun 30, 2014
please join issues with me...and show me where I campaigned for Akala....doubt the integrity of that your fast...playing politics with human lives....supporter of APC ideology!

and why do I have to go round n round for thirty minutes to get to UI when I can go thru Poly Ibadan..in 5minutes!

ola_pluto:
Dig up where I ever claimed the bridge was completed or ready to use.

I will not take issues with you. I am fasting. I actually only posted a comment on this thread to counter your claims about having it better during Akala regime. I lived in Apete for over a decade. Akala did ZERO projects in Apete. Ajimobi has opened up Apete with the Ajibode/Arola/Apete road, leading ot Ojoo, UI, etc. The road linking Apete with Ijokodo/Poly is also part of the bridge project and it is dragging as well. I believe this unfortunate incidence will hasten things up. I do not know what you get by cursing and calling people names. If trully your objective is for the people, you will state your case rather than go political about it.

2 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Must Go by texaco1: 12:41pm On Jun 30, 2014
All hail the ACtIVE PROGRESSIVE CRIMINALS .APC

4 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Must Go by PapaBrowne(m): 12:42pm On Jun 30, 2014
ola_pluto:
Look, I have a house in Apete. If you have contrary info, put it here. The bridge is there, but not ready to use. The contractor had been very slow on the project. However, he got a September ultimatum, and the government has fixed september to commision the road. Dont try use a tragedy to play politics here.
Is it not the same Ajimobi that constructed Ajibode/Apete road as an alternative for the bridge being constructed? I personally wish Accord party takes over from Ajimobi, but lets be clear with things here.

I hear Ladoja is still quite popular and would be a favourite above Ajimobi? Is that true?

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Must Go by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jun 30, 2014
very true.

PapaBrowne:

I hear Ladoja is still quite popular and would be a favourite above Ajimobi? Is that true?

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Must Go by texaco1: 12:46pm On Jun 30, 2014
dhammyg: BUT WHO IS GONNA REPLACE HIM undecided

AND DON'T MENTION AKALAangry
akala won't contest for even pdp ticket ,trust me it is all politics . Pdp has 5 good candidates and akala is more or less like a king maker . Just wait and see how the game plays out ,but one formidable candidate to watch out for is a for house of reps member.I won't say more than that

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Must Go by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jun 30, 2014
smartchoice: berem don't quote me....am not playing politics here not at all and am not even talking about Nigeria but my neighborhood!

is Ekiti your neighbourhood too?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara / Ebonyi State 2017 Democracy Praise Night. / Dele Momodu: I Lost My Father When I Was Barely 13, In 1973

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.