Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,734 members, 7,827,696 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Ajimobi Must Go - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ajimobi Must Go (11080 Views)

Aisha Buhari Visits Oyo State, Welcomed By Ajimobi And Wife / See The Beautiful Daughters Of Governor Ajimobi / Ajimobi's Daughters Stun At Dad's Re-election Campaign- Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ajimobi Must Go by toludadon(m): 9:01pm On Jul 11, 2014
texaco1: hello my bro, sorry for my long silence. The problem with nigeria is not bad leadership but bad follower ship,I know this will come as a surprise to many. You see in the us here , most of their citizens are deeply involve in the electioneering process, let me put it like this ,you can't win unless the people want u to. That is why debates are done, candidates mingle with ppl and you have to table your points and policies and how you intend to carry it out.but in nigeria that isn't the case,I can tell you that half of those that vote in nigeria are party members of parties not that it isn't so here but what about the other. People,nigeria is a nation of about 150million but still less than half of thatt number has voters card. For example look at the case of ekiti ,I am sure there will be over 5million ppl in that state but less than 1million voted,nigerian feel indifferent toward goverment and only complain when the wrong ppl get there,until nigerians take their destiny in their hands and realize that their vote is their power ,nigeria will continue to have bad leadership. Rigging starts from voters registration and I can bet with u that unless govt mandates it many ppl won't register,now how will they exercise their power to choose?
you nailed it... That's our problem in this part of the world.. apathy..
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by RedReact: 2:10am On Jul 12, 2014
texaco1: hello my bro, sorry for my long silence. The problem with nigeria is not bad leadership but bad follower ship,I know this will come as a surprise to many. You see in the us here , most of their citizens are deeply involve in the electioneering process, let me put it like this ,you can't win unless the people want u to. That is why debates are done, candidates mingle with ppl and you have to table your points and policies and how you intend to carry it out.but in nigeria that isn't the case,I can tell you that half of those that vote in nigeria are party members of parties not that it isn't so here but what about the other. People,nigeria is a nation of about 150million but still less than half of thatt number has voters card. For example look at the case of ekiti ,I am sure there will be over 5million ppl in that state but less than 1million voted,nigerian feel indifferent toward goverment and only complain when the wrong ppl get there,until nigerians take their destiny in their hands and realize that their vote is their power ,nigeria will continue to have bad leadership. Rigging starts from voters registration and I can bet with u that unless govt mandates it many ppl won't register,now how will they exercise their power to choose?

I agree with you on that, but in a situation in which our leaders all travel to other countries and see what happens there, a form of exposure I will say, and cannot replicate that in their country is something pathetic to me. Dora Akunyili, of blessed memory, was sick and nothing could be done in any of the Nigerian hospitals until she had to be flown out of our country. What if the country she was flown to didn't put their house in order, would she be flown there? A German friend of mine wanted to go for another postgrad study in UK before but dumped that school for the one in his country because he won't be paying a minimal fee for the cost of the program. As a Nigerian, what benefits have we gotten since birth? The Akinjides of the 1960s are still the same set of Akinjides that we are hearing today, but they haven't added much impact to our society but what their own pockets. As wealthy as Nigeria is, because Nigeria is not a poor country, only few people can lay claim to the wealth of the land, leaving vast majority out of the loop and our leaders see how other countries treat their citizens. Why don't they crave for inculcating that in our country and see whether people will die for them or not?
In Oyo State for example, we saw how monies were being shared (I am sure you would know this). When the Mapo hall was renovated, we know the project was inflated; this is not peculiar to Oyo State alone, but to all states in Nigeria and we want to talk about progress in our land when these are happening? It cannot be sir. In one country, I heard that the government sometimes give their permanent residents some money, out of their own generosity, and here we are jumping up and down over crumbs. It just seems like we are not ready for change at all.
On this forum, we all see how our compatriots bicker against each other on political issues. Not everyone will belong to the same party, but the reverse is the case in Nigeria, whereby party faithfuls will see opponents as enemies instead of agents of growth and development. Will I blame them? Just quite sad.
Oyo State is a big state, with vast area of landmass; a hub for agricultural development to me, yet the government hasn't deemed it fit to tap into that to launch into aggressive mechanized farming; same with all states across the southern hemisphere of Nigeria. What stops states like Delta, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, C/Rivers and Rivers from tapping into their fishing potentials, by establishing caned fish companies? Why should we be still importing vegetable oil to Nigeria?
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by igbonla(m): 10:19am On Jul 12, 2014
RedReact:

I agree with you on that, but in a situation in which our leaders all travel to other countries and see what happens there, a form of exposure I will say, and cannot replicate that in their country is something pathetic to me. Dora Akunyili, of blessed memory, was sick and nothing could be done in any of the Nigerian hospitals until she had to be flown out of our country. What if the country she was flown to didn't put their house in order, would she be flown there?
Oyo State is a big state, with vast area of landmass; a hub for agricultural development to me, yet the government hasn't deemed it fit to tap into that to launch into aggressive mechanized farming; same with all states across the southern hemisphere of Nigeria. What stops states like Delta, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, C/Rivers and Rivers from tapping into their fishing potentials, by establishing caned fish companies? Why should we be still importing vegetable oil to Nigeria?

The nonsense will not be happening if the followership have the power or recognizes that they have the power to remove bad leaders. On the whole, people get the kind of leaders they deserve or how much brain do people need to understand that they can collect your rice and still vote for those that will do the work.
People do not want a decent society, only the middle class and elite care about that; policies that will help the economy/people are usually not popular (petroleum subsidy, assessment test for teachers, banning of okada on some roads, tarrif on imported vehicles, etc). Nigerians have lots of work to do.

I kind of think that poverty has flipped the brains of so many people.
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by samuel25(m): 6:28am On Jul 13, 2014
[/quote][/b]
igbonla:

The nonsense will not be happening if the followership have the power or recognizes that they have the power to remove bad leaders. On the whole, people get the kind of leaders they deserve or how much brain do people need to understand that they can collect your rice and still vote for those that will do the work.
People do not want a decent society, only the middle class and elite care about that; policies that will help the economy/people are usually not popular (petroleum subsidy, assessment test for teachers, banning of okada on some roads, tarrif on imported vehicles, etc). Nigerians have lots of work to do.

I disagree with the statement '' only the middle class and elite care about that'' coz it is this same elite and middle class that hardly seen coming out on election day. Majority of voters in Nigeria are the lower class (okada riders, market women, farmers, drivers, artisans etc). Majority of middle class and elites show no interest in voting during an election believing that the result has already been fixed. Now tell me how THE MIDDLE CLASS AND ELITES care about govt policies. If it is by protesting; you hardly see them. With all these, how do they care. How many doctors, nurse, engineers, established business men/women, bankers, renowned pastors/immam, even teachers will you normally see on election day pooling centre?
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by toludadon(m): 7:00am On Jul 13, 2014
samuel25: [/b]

I disagree with the statement '' only the middle class and elite care about that'' coz it is this same elite and middle class that hardly seen coming out on election day. Majority of voters in Nigeria are the lower class (okada riders, market women, farmers, drivers, artisans etc). Majority of middle class and elites show no interest in voting during an election believing that the result has already been fixed. Now tell me how THE MIDDLE CLASS AND ELITES care about govt policies. If it is by protesting; you hardly see them. With all these, how do they care. How many doctors, nurse, engineers, established business men/women, bankers, renowned pastors/immam, even teachers will you normally see on election day pooling centre?

I think what He meant is that the elites and the middle class are in a better position to assess the candidates like We are doing in this forum. while it's true that it's the people at the lowest end of social stratification that vote more but they are either influenced by inducement or sentiment.. you know it's an uphill task to buy someone in the middle class category when compared with those that their pricetag is not more than a paltry #1000 or worse still 5 cups of rice or a 5 yards ankara fabric
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by texaco1: 7:49am On Jul 13, 2014
toludadon:

I think what He meant is that the elites and the middle class are in a better position to assess the candidates like We are doing in this forum. while it's true that it's the people at the lowest end of social stratification that vote more but they are either influenced by inducement or sentiment.. you know it's an uphill task to buy someone in the middle class category when compared with those that their pricetag is not more than a paltry #1000 or worse still 5 cups of rice or a 5 yards ankara fabric
I told redreact, the points and issues he raised will change the course and direction of this thread and discussion.
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by RedReact: 8:10am On Jul 13, 2014
Texaco, Toludadon and others, I like your opinions and approaches to issues. While some of us may tend towards a party, which is not bad anyway, but we must put up things for the benefit of our land and society. The discourse of this thread has tilted away from the original title and are still maintaining decorum, which is what governance has to be.
I am still looking forward to hearing more contributions from you guys anyway.
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by texaco1: 10:25am On Jul 13, 2014
Nigeria ruling class and upper class are interested in looting government treasury,the middle class is interested in making money and fame while the lower class is interested in survival.no one is interested in the qualities of who becomes the leader and that is why there will always be bad leadership in nigeria. I did a survey the last time I was home and I was shocked to notice that over 50% of those I interviewed don't even know the name of the local goverment which or where they reside in. If they don't know the name of tthe lg or where the lg offices are how will they know the name of the lg chairman? Talkless of the councillor in the area. And if they don't know these things how will they be able to ask and question the activities of that lg chairman . I keep telling ppl that gej and all other political post holders are the product of the system, and ppl shouldn't blame them because it is the system that produced them. And the system is controlled by the people. I always tell people that gani wasntt an angel,anyone can be a gani fawehimi.what he did is what anyone can do but who will do it?who is willing to take it upon himself and challenge the lg chairman in his place how he is spending the lg allocation?obj introduced the policy of publishing lg monthly allocations so thatt ppl can question how the money is been utilised but who wants to do that. Like I said 3 days ago nigeria is a complicated simple mess
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by igbonla(m): 5:05pm On Jul 13, 2014
samuel25: [/b]

You obviously misinterpreted my comment and I am not responsible for that.
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by stevolinkon40: 6:20pm On Jul 13, 2014
igbonla:

You obviously misinterpreted my comment and I am not responsible for that.
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by igbonla(m): 4:27pm On Jul 14, 2014
stevolinkon40:

Simply put, I am not responsible for his misinterpretation of what I wrote
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by texaco1: 12:58pm On Jul 16, 2014
FORMER Oyo State governor,
Chief Adebayo Alao-Akala, on
Tuesday, urged the people of
Oke-Ogun not to relent in their
support for the Peoples
Democratic Party (PDP) as the
party will convincingly win the
2015 election in the state.
Alao-Akala stated this on
Tuesday, when he paid a visit to
three local government areas of
the region- Saki-East, Saki-West
and Atisbo.
The former governor entered
the region through Sepeteri
town in Saki-East Local
Government Area and passed
through Ago-Amodu, Oje-
Owode, Tede, before he was
received at Ago-Are at Tede
junction.
He then proceeded to Saki
town, where he addressed his
supporters who had converged
to receive him.
Alao-Akala, while addressing the
crowd in front of Pa Tijani
Massa’s residence, Isale Abudu,
Saki, urged the people of the
region to endure with the
current administration in the
state, noting that it was
disheartening that all ongoing
projects in the area were
abandoned by the APC-led
administration in the state.
“I came to greet our revered
political leader. I am
overwhelmed by the rousing
welcome accorded me. We
have done it before and people
felt our impact positively. Ours
was a government of purpose
and positive mission.
“You experienced a breath of
fresh air during our time. Our
coming back is sealed, signed
and delivered from above. Mind
you, this is not a campaign, it is
just a visit to our baba and I
can’t go inside to meet baba
without addressing you,
because I hold you in high
esteem.
“Without you, I am nothing. My
hope lies in you the masses and
God Almighty the giver of life.
Very soon, I am coming with my
team formally to campaign and
present our people -oriented
manifesto to you,” Alao-Akala
noted.
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 17, 2014
So who is lying now?
https://www.nairaland.com/1815069/apete-bridgeibadan-collapses-again-what

olapluto:
Actually, the bridge has been constructed, and was billed for opening in September. However, what went wrong was that the wooden make-shift bridge which pedestrians use to cross the river gave way.
As someone who has walked on the wooden bridge many times, it was clear to me that the bridge was weak.
But for you to now start claiming PDP is better is a shame. AKala received much more than Ajimobi did from the FG. Akala NEVER built a road or bridge in Apete. On this one, you have goofed.

Re: Ajimobi Must Go by 1stola: 10:09pm On Jul 31, 2014
smartchoice: I read with immense trepidation that the infamous Apete bridge has not been constructed by the acclaimed peoples government of APC in Oyo State.... Leading to another loss of several lives yet this insensitive govt could spend billions on mokola flyover! What's wrong with APC governments we have never had it so bad even under PDP! Haba kilode?
na ur hopeless papa go go.
Ode oshi
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by stevolinkon40: 10:14pm On Jul 31, 2014
Okay, your presence hs bn registered. You can leave now
1stola:
Ode oshi
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by Nobody: 5:52am On Aug 01, 2014
1stola:
Ode oshi

Give the keyboard to your father so I can respond...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

PDP To Buhari: For Peaceful Polls, Let IG Retire Jan 15 / BREAKING: PDP Delegates Ekweremadu, Others As Technical Advisers To Atiku / Busy Fayemi Pushes For Medical Castration As Punishment For Rape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.