Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,385 members, 7,812,135 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:49 AM

Ajimobi Must Go - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ajimobi Must Go (11055 Views)

Aisha Buhari Visits Oyo State, Welcomed By Ajimobi And Wife / See The Beautiful Daughters Of Governor Ajimobi / Ajimobi's Daughters Stun At Dad's Re-election Campaign- Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ajimobi Must Go by texaco1: 2:34pm On Jul 09, 2014
stevolinkon40: Present your candidate first. I dont Vote party
ghen ghen ,ok . Goodluck jonathan
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by stevolinkon40: 2:38pm On Jul 09, 2014
texaco1: ghen ghen ,ok . Goodluck jonathan
Sure, i can oly vote apc for presidency if they present a better candidate but as it stands. Am going for GEJ
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by toludadon(m): 4:34pm On Jul 09, 2014
if ajimobi must go, tell me who should come? i will never vote Ladoja, Tessy, Akala , Gbolarumi, and their ilks. if we should vote today Ajimobi has the vote of my entire household. i can change this if Seyi Makinde gets the nod and as for presidency, anybody but not the clueles.s one

3 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Must Go by texaco1: 4:55pm On Jul 09, 2014
toludadon: if ajimobi must go, tell me who should come? i will never vote Ladoja, Tessy, Akala , Gbolarumi, and their ilks. if we should vote today Ajimobi has the vote of my entire household. i can change this if Seyi Makinde gets the nod and as for presidency, anybody but not the clueles.s one
seyi makinde ? Ok let's wait and see
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 09, 2014
Texaco1, now I understand y u r a pdp loyalist. Seyi Makinde might be a gentle man but in my own view, I don't think he has what it takes yet to contest for Governorship election. I wouldn't like him to end up like Otegbeye(AA). Presently, Ajimobi is trying but I knw he messed up when demolishing shops. Take it or leave it, we will not sell our vote for bag of rice. Right now, Ajimobi has my vote and that of my household. Since Ajimobi resumes office, I can confidently walk under Iwo rd bridge without fear of being harrassed by touts.

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Must Go by stevolinkon40: 9:41pm On Jul 09, 2014
Tessy Owns Pdp ticket, primary or no primary. Akala will leave Pdp for either labour or accord or he will still stay in pdp if dey give am d senetorial ticket which halleluyah will also fight for
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by stevolinkon40: 10:19pm On Jul 09, 2014
olapluto:
Look, I have a house in Apete. If you have contrary info, put it here. The bridge is there, but not ready to use. The contractor had been very slow on the project. However, he got a September ultimatum, and the government has fixed september to commision the road. Dont try use a tragedy to play politics here.
Is it not the same Ajimobi that constructed Ajibode/Apete road as an alternative for the bridge being constructed? I personally wish Accord party takes over from Ajimobi, but lets be clear with things here.
did you edit your post? How come I didn't see this before? Were you around when lanleyin came yesterday?(Tuesday)
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by toludadon(m): 11:14pm On Jul 09, 2014
stevolinkon40: Tessy Owns Pdp ticket, primary or no primary. Akala will leave Pdp for either labour or accord or he will still stay in pdp if dey give am d senetorial ticket which halleluyah will also fight for
Tessy is just a wannabe that will be shocked at the end of the day, the exco he"s currently parading will make way for another one sooner. Tessy and lots of his supporters are living in dreamland
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by sainty2k3(m): 11:40pm On Jul 09, 2014
Why Ajimobi must go? The widely asked question, I will like to answer without a partisan mind
In 2011 he promised heaven and earth to the civil servants but what do we see; reduction of salary, irregularly paid salary, pegged promotion, heavy deduction. Mass retrenchment (though he later recalled some). He is now try into be friendly with them , promising them heaven again, but once beaten twice shy

Education sector: perhaps one other achievement of ladoja admin. That will not be forgotten in a while, 25 student per class, building new schools and new classes with employment of teacher to achieve this. It became worse during Akala, who stopeed trending the path, and further worsened during Ajimobi term,who has been hiding behind the stick of road construction.

What artisans and traders got to say, ask commercial bus drivers and OKAda riders how he imposed a sum of amount on them to register with the state, this has no other benefit that to generate money, OK Ada riders pay up to 4000,
The traders were tormented by him and his militant group who took advantage of the situation, misuse the power as bestowed upon them by the governor.

Skewed imftastructure,- the major achievement he could claim is infrastructure and that is grossly skewed, infact people who met him on some request I'm their areas he always say it ' e kuku dibo fun wa' meaning u didn't vote for us. Example Ona ara LGA no electric power since 2012, no road access at Ariyo bridge which is now also abandoned. Same with Oluyole, and Apete is there too
It seems he invest in infrastructure in the center area of ib, where everyone will see it. We the Loki's are suffering, and he's not looking our side.
We are waiting till 2015

3 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Must Go by toludadon(m): 12:26am On Jul 10, 2014
he's not the first to make promises and not deliver on all. workers can never be satisfied by any govt. Ladoja became nice to workers when he realised that he couldn't win the political war he was fightin. it was only after his re-instatement that he started the satanic trend of 13th month . I have never seen anywhere in the world where workers get paid for 14 months while they only worked for 12 months. about ona ara lg electricity, why would you hold a state governor responsible for power? my people reside in that area and I want the light fixed too but what's Jumoke , a federal minister from ona ara doing about it?

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Must Go by toludadon(m): 12:33am On Jul 10, 2014
and by the way , do you want state govt to build burnt olorunsogo power station for those that bought it during privatisation? are they going to be paying the money collected as bills to coffers of state govt?you forgot to mention that Ajimobi provided a state of the art bridge to the same Ariyo when the old bridge collapsed, same for Babanla bridge all within ona ara lg. i don't understand what you mean by no road access at Ariyo, it must be a different Ariyo you are talking about cos I still drove over the bridge yesterday

2 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Must Go by sainty2k3(m): 1:08am On Jul 10, 2014
toludadon: and by the way , do you want state govt to build burnt olorunsogo power station for those that bought it during privatisation? are they going to be paying the money collected as bills to coffers of state govt?you forgot to mention that Ajimobi provided a state of the art bridge to the same Ariyo when the old bridge collapsed, same for Babanla bridge all within ona ara lg. i don't understand what you mean by no road access at Ariyo, it must be a different Ariyo you are talking about cos I still drove over the bridge yesterday
I can see u are in to defend at all cost, OK. U mean the privatization started in 2012? And if so, is three no government input, about Ariyo bridge ,do u know how long the road was bad till it finally collapse, now its motorable but if u passed three yday as you claimed U'll know its not completed .is that what u call state of the art bridge.lol I live there, I know what am saying
And u say he's not the first to fail promises, are saying because some people has failed before u have d license to fail too, ladoja paid d workers salary on time so they loved him, nothing like 14month salary, he paid them their basic salary as Xmas bonus ,people treaditioknlly call did 13th month salary , if u remember, Akala deducted this from their salary wen he came. Pls stop supporting mediocrity. I quoted Ajimobi's word for u wen he was confronted by landlorad association on Ariyo Bridge(before the total. Collapse) and the electricity, he said we didn't vote for him at ona-ara.

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Must Go by makeitplain: 2:23am On Jul 10, 2014
stevolinkon40: Tessy Owns Pdp ticket, primary or no primary. Akala will leave Pdp for either labour or accord or he will still stay in pdp if dey give am d senetorial ticket which halleluyah will also fight for

Look bro u are way way off point. I could easily have ignored ur comment and just allow u to believe whatever u want to believe but I just can't stand how so off point u are. Tessy himself knows he cant make it so what are u saying here? I see some ppl are commenting here based on mere wishful thinking or cheap rumours in town. Let me tell u here, Tessy can't ever make the guber ticket at this time. Do u even know what happened at the greenspring yesterday? Why did Tessy say he wasn't going to show up at the Greenspring but later at the dead minute he changed his mind and showed up. U really can't find answers to my question because from ur comment, I know u don't have any idea of Oyo PDP internal politics. Who hosted Fayose at Greenspring? Why was it not Tessy or Hosea or all of these names u are throwing up here if they are so relevant? How many ppl came with them yesterday?

U are saying Akala will leave if they gave him ticket. But my question to u is who are "they"? who and who determines who gets ticket in PDP can u tell me? U are mentioning Hosea as if he has any clout, who nominated him for his senatorial ticket in the 1st place? Was it not Akala tht nominsted him at the expense of Were who was more popular? U know nothing about PDP. Let me tell u this, as it stands today, everything in Oyo PDP revolves around Alao Akala. Whatever he wants to get, he will get. If he wants Senate ticket he will get it but meanwhile, he wants guber ticket and he has gotten it already.

When Senator Adeseun of APC decalred for PDP on Monday, why did he have close door meetings with Akala but not with any of these names u are throwing up? I thought he would have wanted to meet them so badly if they are as relevant as some of u believe. Just wait till u find out OK? majority of those guber aspirants in PDP would have to step down. We know those amongst the aspirants already negotiating for Deputy governor including even some that are still in LP, hoping to seal a deal before public declaration for PDP. I wont mention names here but I just have to hint u so when it reveals u will be able to recall that u have been told here already.
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by RedReact: 3:29am On Jul 10, 2014
sainty2k3:
Education sector: perhaps one other achievement of ladoja admin. That will not be forgotten in a while, 25 student per class, building new schools and new classes with employment of teacher to achieve this. It became worse during Akala, who stopeed trending the path, and further worsened during Ajimobi term,who has been hiding behind the stick of road construction.

Ladoja had a plan for the education sector but he couldn't finish it, or probably say he couldn't work much, due to the crises that maimed his government, but he did badly with the way he lumped-up schools together (same thing Osun governor did recently). He had a plan of re-building all schools, hence his start-up work on constructing 33 model schools across the State at that time. Not all schools had the 25 students/class thing, except you are talking about the model schools he did and not all schools were rebuilt.

sainty2k3: Why Ajimobi must go? The widely asked question, I will like to answer without a partisan mind
In 2011 he promised heaven and earth to the civil servants but what do we see; reduction of salary, irregularly paid salary, pegged promotion, heavy deduction. Mass retrenchment (though he later recalled some). He is now try into be friendly with them , promising them heaven again, but once beaten twice shy

Yes, Ajimobi promised some things to the civil servants but he later reneged on it. The minimum wage issue is one of my grouse with him, although he gave the reason why that happened, but I believe he shouldn't have canvassed for votes with that promise at that time. As for reduction of salary, I heard the rumour but I have not seen anyone talk about it, except you know one. The Akala government was accused of that too.

sainty2k3: Skewed imftastructure,- the major achievement he could claim is infrastructure and that is grossly skewed, infact people who met him on some request I'm their areas he always say it ' e kuku dibo fun wa' meaning u didn't vote for us. Example Ona ara LGA no electric power since 2012, no road access at Ariyo bridge which is now also abandoned. Same with Oluyole, and Apete is there too
It seems he invest in infrastructure in the center area of ib, where everyone will see it. We the Loki's are suffering, and he's not looking our side.
We are waiting till 2015
I could see someone calling for Folarin to be PDP candidate but we must not forget that same Folarin, former Senate leader, is from that Ona Ara LG, and for 4 years, the road wasn't given attention at all. The Akala government did a "patch-work" on that road twice and we still have that bridge scenario there till today. As for the power situation, I am sorry to say, the people deserve what they are getting now. Although the state government can plead with the power company to rebuild that place, but the power is still on the company/FG to do that. What were the people thinking before they went to vandalize that substation? You can't blame the government fully on that at all.
Road construction is not an achievement of a government at all, but a necessity of what is to be done for the people, but if things had been done properly, no one would be talking about bridge today. The Ajimobi government fumbled in that Apete bridge, as it shouldn't take that long before they could do that place (2011-2014 is too bad for me) and they need to apologize to the people of that area.

sainty2k3:
What artisans and traders got to say, ask commercial bus drivers and OKAda riders how he imposed a sum of amount on them to register with the state, this has no other benefit that to generate money, OK Ada riders pay up to 4000,
The traders were tormented by him and his militant group who took advantage of the situation, misuse the power as bestowed upon them by the governor.

The YES-O team were not serious at all with the way they handled some things but if the traders had been compliant with the law, they wouldn't give those silly people, not all of them though, power to cause harm. There has to be order, though we like it when we see it done somewhere but we don't want it in our backyard. You may want to accuse the government of being mean with the way it handled the demolition of some shops at Agodi-Gate, but I will tell you that the government returned back to status quo of what had been before, so many years ago.
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by vicadex07(m): 3:50am On Jul 10, 2014
Soyedele1: Texaco1, now I understand y u r a pdp loyalist. Seyi Makinde might be a gentle man but in my own view, I don't think he has what it takes yet to contest for Governorship election. I wouldn't like him to end up like Otegbeye(AA). Presently, Ajimobi is trying but I knw he messed up when demolishing shops. Take it or leave it, we will not sell our vote for bag of rice. Right now, Ajimobi has my vote and that of my household. Since Ajimobi resumes office, I can confidently walk under Iwo rd bridge without fear of being harrassed by touts.
Sincerely speaking here in the South West APC has
been the best thing to happen us. Ibadan is one
great example. In the times of PDP, AKALA and
ADEDIBU, Ibadan was ruled by touts and nobody
dared challenge them. There was no infra structural
improvements whatsoever and other sectors too
were lacking cos PDP was busy sharing the treasury
amongst themselves and their thugs. But since
2011 that Governor Ajimobi took over, the
transformation was massive. Numerous road
projects and a bridge was completed within the first
year. After that two shoprite outlets were opened in
the city with the most recent one being the biggest
in West Africa. Three giant malls were constructed,
many youths were employed, mass transit buses
with subsidized ticket rates for passengers and free
for all primary and secondary school students were
introduced, modern markets and car parks were
built and beatification of the city with flowers and
artifacts to mention a few. If you have not been to
Ibadan for a while and you come now, you will
marvel at the rate of transformation. All this and
much more happened within just 3 years of this
current administration while PDP and there thugs
have rulled us for like 9yrs in the past without
anything to show for it. I am neither a member of
ACN nor am I getting special benefit from writing
this other than the fact that am really impressed
with the present situation of things here and would
wish it continue. Just my humble opinion

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Must Go by RedReact: 4:03am On Jul 10, 2014
^^^
While the government has something to do with economic growth of a state, it is not an achievement of a government in listing a private establishment at theirs. The malls built are not the government's doings but investors doing but kudos to the government for creating a viable environment for economic growth.
However, true economic growth to me, is when I start seeing agriculture take the center stage in the State, and even rural areas enjoying more than what the urban.
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by sainty2k3(m): 8:06am On Jul 10, 2014
RedReact: ^^^
While the government has something to do with economic growth of a state, it is not an achievement of a government in listing a private establishment at theirs. The malls built are not the government's doings but investors doing but kudos to the government for creating a viable environment for economic growth.
However, true economic growth to me, is when I start seeing agriculture take the center stage in the State, and even rural areas enjoying more than what the urban.

U are quite right with some of ur analysis but I still maintained that the fact that many people has failed previously its not an excuse for any government not to achieve, u need to listen to Ajimobi talk, the only thing he does was to talk of flaws of past governments and how his regime is better

The education reform of ladoja was to have 25 student per class, and he started building classes and new schools to meet up-schools In Ona ara to my best knowledge was upgraded to that, e also made provisions for teachers to meet up with that target but the plan was halted by Adedibu,Akala and co, did is quite different in osun state, where they merged large schools together, and the now have a class of 200,300 pupils, for example, No more Fakunle high school in osoigbo and d pupils were added to other schools

While no one can boldly exclude the people from the vandalization at olorunsogo, we must note that the subsidy protest that led to that destruction was supported,funded and backed up by APC government , and the protest gave way to some hooligans whose identity can not be confirmed as wethr they are from Ona-ara or not. Even if they are, is that enough for a government to turn a deaf hear to them for going to 3years now.

Yes we want road to be clean and free, but before u send people away from their livelihood are you not supposed to provide them alternatives, while I don't know a better aspirant now but I believe he hasn't done well and hi Mr nice that he just started lately is mischievous, he's not to be trusted again
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by toludadon(m): 8:41am On Jul 10, 2014
[quote author=sainty2k3]
I can see u are in to defend at all cost, OK. U mean the privatization started in 2012? And if so, is three no government input, about Ariyo bridge ,do u know how long the road was bad till it finally collapse, now its motorable but if u passed three yday as you claimed U'll know its not completed .is that what u call state of the art bridge.lol I live there, I know what am saying
And u say he's not the first to fail promises, are saying because some people has failed before u ha

i said 14 months salary,you should have asked me to explain that, 12 months salary, satanic 13th month salary and leave bonus. am not defending this guy but let us cut him some slack, why did you leave Jumoke, a federal minister from ona ara out and single out ajimobi for electricity woes of ona ara. APC sponsored subsidy protest? That's hilarious because I know a lot of people of good conscience that took part in that. protest even in far away America when Viola Onwuliri, minister for foreign affairs was disgraced in a town hall meeting she was billed to attend. Stop listening to hearsay, Why would ajimobi say that He wouldn't do anything in ona Ara because they didn't vote him? to me, I believe it's by doing more for them that will swing support in his favor. if you don't hear something yourself, never believe it because they are all lies.
my mum That's a top civil servant said 'they' said ajimobi queried why civil servants were paid 'earlier ' in previous month only for her to get this month's salary even a bit earlier than the previous month's own, she came home and started lamenting why people are so evil by attributing what ajimobi never said to him but you know it's all politics
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by texaco1: 8:41am On Jul 10, 2014
Trust me , when I tell u that akala won't contest ,but he is holding the ticket for someone ,whom you will know very very soon. Pdp has 2 assignments in front now and that will delay some moves in oyo state, osun election and fayose swearing in ,once those 2 are completed then the real action begins . But ppl should know this whoever will get that ticket is someone that akala can trust and rely on totally. You all should know who I am talking about
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by sainty2k3(m): 8:50am On Jul 10, 2014
[quote author=toludadon][/quote]

I hate blame game, they are all evil and self centered, intact during 2011 election, jumoke and her father was booed at the polling unit and all the road blocks they passed through, intact guys in my area insisted she won't pass until they searched her car well, but my point is that his people failed in their responsibility is not the license for Ajimobi to fail again, don't shift the blame

Every worker is entitled to leave bonus so are u saying is bad to pay them their entitlement too, and u called that satanic, ah ah. When I worked in On do state, in Christmas time U'll be paid the 13th month and even follow with gift depending on ur level, junior or senior staff. Bag of rice, and oil as Xmas gift, u mean that is satanic. I called that Godly welfarism and u will in no way compare that to a government that imposes heavy charges on u and will not even pay u on time. And lemme confirmed to u again he reduced workers salary, 1st hand info, not them say
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by toludadon(m): 9:18am On Jul 10, 2014
sainty2k3:

I hate blame game, they are all evil and self centered, intact during 2011 election, jumoke and her father was booed at the polling unit and all the road blocks they passed through, intact guys in my area insisted she won't pass until they searched her car well, but my point is that his people failed in their responsibility is not the license for Ajimobi to fail again, don't shift the blame

Every worker is entitled to leave bonus so are u saying is bad to pay them their entitlement too, and u called that satanic, ah ah. When I worked in On do state, in Christmas time U'll be paid the 13th month and even follow with gift depending on ur level, junior or senior staff. Bag of rice, and oil as Xmas gift, u mean that is satanic. I called that Godly welfarism and u will in no way compare that to a government that imposes heavy charges on u and will not even pay u on time. And lemme confirmed to u again he reduced workers salary, 1st hand info, not them say
stop this misinformation, your firsthand Info is false sir, I just told you I have a mother That's a top civil servant and I'm from civil service background, what happens sometimes is that people that were feeding fat on salaries of ghost workers that ajimobi blocked by using e-payment are all out to frustrate the system so it can be reverted back to manual payment.. I can authoritatively tell you that those that have occasional short payments get such money as arrears. I know people that took them almost a year before they could be reimbursed ,those are challenges that come with change.
there's no part of the civilized word Where you are paid a dime aside your normal salary when u go on leave.
ask any worker you know that how much tax were they paying in akala days and how much are they paying as tax now. ajimobi reduced workers tax by about 40% , my mum was paying 11k as tax before but now she's not paying up to 7k , is that what you called reduction in salary? people have their grouse against ajimobi but they go overboard by spreading wicked lies about him
14 months salary for working for 12 months is a rip off to non-civil servants in the state. everything I say here are facts that are easily verifiable

3 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Must Go by mandarin: 9:33am On Jul 10, 2014
makeitplain:

My response might be a little long cos I want to be very very clear but I will make it easy to read.

Wishes vs Reality
As I read thru ur comment with keen interest, I observed that u seem to be mixing two things up and which are what u wish to happen in 2015 and what will actually happen. Let's spend our time on what will actually happen or let me say what is very likely to happen (since I am not God). U throwing up Arapaja's name actually reveals how u don't know much about what is going on in the PDP camp. Arapaja is far from it. Do u not know that he is not even in the current Guber race in the camp? So lets not waste time on that.

Ladoja
Whether Ladoja will win or not will of course be determined by voters but he will not be contesting to necessarily win. Its very simple to understand as Ladoja himself can only beat his chest for votes in Ibadan of which he can't get a 100% cos u and I know that there exists significantly a good size of PDP across Ibadan which interestingly is growing. U said Ladoja is loved for the mere fact that he treated civil servants very well, can u say the same of Ajimobi? Since u hammered on Ajimobi's performance, I will discuss that in subsequent paragraph.

Crisis or no crisis in PDP
U said there are crisis but u still did not clearly state how, u just believed there are crisis why didnt u mention names against names. What u are seeing in PDP is not actually crisis but lobbying and re-positioning in advance of what is coming, some ppl call it trading and bargaining. Everybody knows their levels and what they can achieve or not achieve. For example, Akinjide and co established a so called another faction and placed its secretariat in Yemetu but who do u see in Yemetu? if correspondences come from Abuja, does it go to Yemetu or Dandaru? Which is the actual, legally recognized PDP secretariat. What u are seeing is just bluffing, politicians do this to remain relevant one way or the other.

Over 10 candidates have declared for guber in PDP, so if there is crisis as u and others believe, why do all of them know not to make their declaration in any other faction secretariat than the main secretariat in Dandaru? If they truly belong to different factions, why did they not make their declaration in their putative factions? Remember the APC tried to awash the media with the impression that Ekiti PDP is cracked before and after the emergence of Fayose but reality says the opposite, Some wished that it was true until the election reveals it wasn't.

Since u mentioned comparison of performance I would like to do some comparison exercise.

Ajimobi's Performance Over-hype
U talked of Ajimobi's performance as if he's the best we have had so far and u talked about Ladoja's excellence with dealing with civil service. In that vain, can u now go to the secretariat and sample just 2 or 3 ppl's opinion? U dont even need to ask 10 ppl, Just 3!!! Can u sample teachers opinon? Do u know how much he is owing them, did u not see how he discountenanced the teachers when they asked him about their unpaid salary on B.C.O.S interview? So why do u think Ajimobi is performing. What u do not know is that u and the majority have been coerced and coaxed at the same time via the media to only see the projects they did and take ur attention away from the numerous other responsibilities they have neglected. My pensioner dad is owed over 5 months unpaid (and still counting) by Ajimobi if we were poor jobless children, how would my dad have been surviving?

Akala's Performance Under-hype
U asked for Akala's record and asked for sincerity but in my opinion u seem to be the insincere one because u believe that Akala did NOTHING. But I understand why u believe that cos its a common belief by the majority which is engineered by the then ACN via media blackmail to totally reduce Akala's popularity and personality to their own advantage.

I can't bear witness with u that Akala did nothing because:
1)Ajimobi prides himself as the governor that keeps Ibadan clean but what he never tells u is that all the equipment, the refuse compactors, the roll on roll off refuse trucks including the working implementation that he is using now was bought brand new and put in place by the Akala government. Ajimobi has not bought to date a single compactor for refuse cos the equipment he inherited was sufficient and in good state. Remember he reiterated that he met nothing on ground, that the state was in shambles. That is APC for u, they are specialist in misinforming the ppl against the other party.

2) Ajimobi prides himself as if the only governor that constructs roads but Ladoja constructed roads too, Akala apart from several local govt roads he constructed, he equally expanded major roads in Ibadan so why would u ask me to bear witness that he did nothing? And the roads are still in good shape. In fact Akala is the only governor to have ever gone beyond merely expanding an existing road to opening up a never existing highway in Ibadan check Elebu highway and the resulting impressive development in that axis. Ajimobi expanded Dugbe to Ance-Eleyele but Akala was the first to expand the same Dugbe from Queen's cinema to J/Allen to Oke Ado/Molete and after about 6 years, the road is still in very good shape, is it a lie?

3) Akala was the 1st since the current democracy to ensure that all dual carriage roads in Ibadan have streetlights including the one he constructed and the one constructed before him, Lam and Ladoja didn't do a single street light project that's a fact. He (Akala) went as far as powering the street lights with generators during power failure just to ensure that the lights were on
So how would I bear witness that he did nothing?

4) Akala massively rejuvenated the then dead Oyo health care. Did u know what the Oyo state hospital in Yemetu and Adeoyo looked like before Akala? Old, dilapidated, smelly colonial buildings with rusty leaky roof. Can u see what it looks like after Akala left? Have u seen the massive teaching hospital in Lautech? did u see the annex in Oyo? Is that not infrastructural development? What did Ajimobi do to improve ppl's health in his 4 years? Instead he said he was going build a 5 star hotel beside premier hotel which after almost 4 years, it's yet to be built. How would u build a 5 star hotel beside premier hotel that is never patronized to capacity? what sense does that make? What would that hotel mean to common man? well lets leave that.

Did u see how the Oyo Fire Service was well equipped by Akala? The same equipment Ajimobi used for rescue during the major flood. While Ajimobi was extolling his own rescue efforts, he never said "let's thank Akala who deemed it fit to equip the Fire Services in case of disaster otherwise, there would have been no equipment on ground" He never said that did he?
Therefore, u can't ask me to bear witness that Akala did nothing

Let me just live it at that.

I took interest in your post because of its organization but I laughed at how you took readers for fools. Did I read Elebu highway there? Hahaaaaa brother! Why not let's be objective because if our country becomes better its for our own good and that of our children.
It is true that politics of division is what is at play now in Nigeria but as educated as we are especially people with civilized minds, why would you want to pursue you pocket alone to the detriment of the larger society through hypocritical media propaganda.
You did not talk about delibrate plan by past government to underdevelop Oyo state, if not Ibadan should have been carved out of Oyo so that it would have sfficient funds like KANO TO AID DEVELOPMENTS.
i DO NOT LIKE POLITICIANS RIGHT? because they are bunch of insincere citizens of Nigeria and they are destrying this country using people like you as their foot soldiers!!!
Tell me the achievements of Akala, what would impact the development of the greater populace are things that should form the focal points of any serious government including education, infrastructures and entrepreneurial developments. That Ekiti people voted to have purported stomach infrastructure is a pointer to the fact that though they claim to be educated they are ill exposed and have degenerated to what I will calll Esau's weakness althogh I do not blame them, when people see the way politicians and their apologist live in affluence they will condescence.
Ibadan, to be honest with you have been a huge dissappointment in Nigeria going by its political importance, populaton and size because successive government iin Oyo state have failed to lift that city out of squallor and for the first time we are about seeing what is looking like developments you are here spreading this kind of message. I am not from Oyo state but I want progress and I don't share all these political abcadabra at all and am not a member or promoter of any party.
If Oyo people chose to follow their brothersin Ekiti good for them, they can collect their own national cake and share among themselves but you know when your fellows are planting you are eating your own seed, when they are reaping what will happen to you? Ekiti I hope will not be there to serve as the scape goat while these rather self centred civil servants are always wanting more, I do not blame them though, I blame the corrupt society.
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by sainty2k3(m): 9:34am On Jul 10, 2014
toludadon:
stop this misinformation, your firsthand Info is false sir, I just told you I have a mother That's a top civil servant and I'm from civil service background, what happens sometimes is that people that were feeding fat on salaries of ghost workers that ajimobi blocked by using e-payment are all out to frustrate the system so it can be reverted back to manual payment.. I can authoritatively tell you that those that have occasional short payments get such money as arrears. I know people that took them almost a year before they could be reimbursed ,those are challenges that come with change.
there's no part of the civilized word Where you are paid a dime aside your normal salary when u go on leave.
ask any worker you know that how much tax were they paying in akala days and how much are they paying as tax now. ajimobi reduced workers tax by about 40% , my mum was paying 11k as tax before but now she's not paying up to 7k , is that what you called reduction in salary? people have their grouse against ajimobi but they go overboard by spreading wicked lies about him
14 months salary for working for 12 months is a rip off to non-civil servants in the state. everything I say here are facts that are easily verifiable
I think u need to get ur fact straightened what was the salary jus before Ajimobi entered, and what was it after. He changed the salary scale completely, my dad is a unionist so I know all did things, the Akal's salary scale was much better than the Ajimobi's scale which happens to be the worst in Sw as we speak now. Tax was never reduced , I don't know where u get urs, no body crisized him for not paying the 13th month salary, all dey want is, pay salary on time not this irregular payment, pay them their leave bonius, it is their entitlement not a privilege, give them their due promotion. All these has been neglected by Ajimobi until Fayemi lost in Ekiti. He's now trying to amend things, I have the salary scales I'm talking about, so my facts are list hand as I told u,
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by toludadon(m): 9:51am On Jul 10, 2014
sainty2k3:
I think u need to get ur fact straightened what was the salary jus before Ajimobi entered, and what was it after. He changed the salary scale completely, my dad is a unionist so I know all did things, the Akal's salary scale was much better than the Ajimobi's scale which happens to be the worst in Sw as we speak now. Tax was never reduced , I don't know where u get urs, no body crisized him for not paying the 13th month salary, all dey want is, pay salary on time not this irregular payment, pay them their leave bonius, it is their entitlement not a privilege, give them their due promotion. All these has been neglected by Ajimobi until Fayemi lost in Ekiti. He's now trying to amend things, I have the salary scales I'm talking about, so my facts are list hand as I told u,
again you are wrong, ajimobi reduced tax on salary I just gave you an example in the house I live in ,I can volunteer to show you what tax was obtainable before and after ajimobi. if your dad is a Unionist like you claimed, these things I'm saying shouldn't be strange to you and another misinformation is that in the southwest, Oyo state workers are not the least paid. forget sentiments, I understand unionists prefer Ladoja because He practically turned them to political ally when He lost out with the politicians.
a quick question did Akala pay salary that Ladoja paid in his last month when He got to power in '07.
Akala sold government quarters to pay what you call Akala scale and it was even after He lost election so as to be a banana Peel for ajimobi and you wouldn't think ajimobi will sell govt quarters continually for 48 months to be able to pay the said akala scale
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by sainty2k3(m): 9:54am On Jul 10, 2014
toludadon:
again you are wrong, ajimobi reduced tax on salary I just gave you an example in the house I live in ,I can volunteer to show you what tax was obtainable before and after ajimobi. if your dad is a Unionist like you claimed, these things I'm saying shouldn't be strange to you and another misinformation is that in the southwest, Oyo state workers are not the least paid. forget sentiments, I understand unionists prefer Ladoja because He practically turned them to political ally when He lost out with the politicians.
a quick question did Akala pay salary that Ladoja paid in his last month when He got to power in '07.
Akala sold government quarters to pay what you call Akala scale and it was even after He lost election so as to be a banana Peel for ajimobi and you wouldn't think ajimobi will sell govt quarters continually for 48 months to be able to pay the said akala scale

Oyo state workers are d least paid in south west
Ajimobi did not reduce anyone's tax,
And
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by toludadon(m): 10:03am On Jul 10, 2014
sainty2k3:

Oyo state workers are d least paid in south west
Ajimobi did not reduce anyone's tax,
And
a lie told repeatedly becomes truth, right? they were the least paid when He came in but no longer the least paid in the southwest ,again tax was results drastically. I don't want to good empirical about my claims but even if I do, you already have a mindset and you don't convince someone with a mindset. you are selective in your response, you were silent about selling quarters to pay salary
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by sainty2k3(m): 10:07am On Jul 10, 2014
toludadon:

Oyo state workers are d least paid in south west, based on fact, even Ajimobi is aware of this cos wen they confronted him , he asked them to present other salary scale , he recently decided to consider pay the Osun scale
Ajimobi did not reduce anyone's tax. If we lie here God will judge us
And do u mean Ajimobi can't pay the workers their due, how was it done in Ladoja's tenure, that he could pay them, improve education and still had records in infrastructure, yes ehe refused to share the money with the politicians esp Adedibu.
Which due respect sir, I won't respond to ur quote again but pls
let's be fair in all we do, what are the masses saying, the treaders, the artisans,the OK Ada riders, the bus drivers,e civil servants, if all this people are complaining then on who are u ruling ,the politicians?
Let's stop blame game, stop saying that ajimobi has not failed because Mr A,MrB,Mrs C has failed in the past too. It doesn't sound right,
As long as any governor didn't please the electorate, they have true right to keep voting them out
And if a government do well people will ask for more, if ladoja had continued the way he started then if he want to go for second term it would have being an easy job for him as far as electorates are concerned.
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by toludadon(m): 10:31am On Jul 10, 2014
sainty2k3:

Oyo state workers are d least paid in south west, based on fact, even Ajimobi is aware of this cos wen they confronted him , he asked them to present other salary scale , he recently decided to consider pay the Osun scale
Ajimobi did not reduce anyone's tax. If we lie here God will judge us
And do u mean Ajimobi can't pay the workers their due, how was it done in Ladoja's tenure, that he could pay them, improve education and still had records in infrastructure, yes ehe refused to share the money with the politicians esp Adedibu.
Which due respect sir, I won't respond to ur quote again but pls
let's be fair in all we do, what are the masses saying, the treaders, the artisans,the OK Ada riders, the bus drivers,e civil servants, if all this people are complaining then on who are u ruling ,the politicians?
Let's stop blame game, stop saying that ajimobi has not failed because Mr A,MrB,Mrs C has failed in the past too. It doesn't sound right,
As long as any governor didn't please the electorate, they have true right to keep voting them out
And if a government do well people will ask for more, if ladoja had continued the way he started then if he want to go for second term it would have being an easy job for him as far as electorates are concerned.
tell me about ekiti sir, ajimobi is not without flaws especially in education but He has done a lot in infrastructure Which is unprecedented.. I will upload the tax regime during akala time and what obtains now when I'm able to scan it.. thanks. I appreciate the fact that We could discuss our minds without gutter languages. God bless you.if I don't fear God, Who else will I fear? ajimobi? Ladoja? Tessy? Akala?
The same God you mentioned is my witness that ajimobi brought a reduced tax regime, I agree with you that the salary is not Where it should be yet but let's be honest the wage bill in Oyo state is roughly same as monthly receipt from fg and yet other areas need governments attention
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by stevolinkon40: 10:46am On Jul 10, 2014
toludadon:
Tessy is just a wannabe that will be shocked at the end of the day, the exco he"s currently parading will make way for another one sooner. Tessy and lots of his supporters are living in dreamland
thank God you know he currently have the excos in his camp. Has it stands,the guy get upper hand pass others except something else come up,don't you hear makinde ranting and telling d excos to select a credible person as hm see say way don dey close for am.... Akala is still very very influncial and can secure the ticket tru help fom abuja, and also true Akala helped hosea secure his senatorial seat but let's wait and see what happens, am not a pdp member so I may not know much about the internal affairs but I give my points based on reliable info I always get. I also believe all other pdp guber aspirant will remain in pdp even if they didn't get the ticket except (tessy and akala). Just my own view,av gat no prove though
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by texaco1: 10:54am On Jul 10, 2014
I am really enjoying this tt thread and I hope it s doesn't get derailed by insults or abuses .ajimobi govt is under focus here
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by Nobody: 11:30am On Jul 10, 2014
texaco1: I am really enjoying this tt thread and I hope it s doesn't get derailed by insults or abuses .ajimobi govt is under focus here
Seconded!
Re: Ajimobi Must Go by toludadon(m): 11:37am On Jul 10, 2014
stevolinkon40: thank God you know he currently have the excos in his camp. Has it stands,the guy get upper hand pass others except something else come up,don't you hear makinde ranting and telling d excos to select a credible person as hm see say way don dey close for am.... Akala is still very very influncial and can secure the ticket tru help fom abuja, and also true Akala helped hosea secure his senatorial seat but let's wait and see what happens, am not a pdp member so I may not know much about the internal affairs but I give my points based on reliable info I always get. I also believe all other pdp guber aspirant will remain in pdp even if they didn't get the ticket except (tessy and akala). Just my own view,av gat no prove though
the truth is akala has upper hand and Tessy is getting frustrated, Ayo adeseun only aligned with akala not Tessy and you think Adeseun doesn't know who's Who in pdp?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

VAT Judgement: FIRS May Lose ₦92 Billiom Revenue To States / Sam Anyanwu Becomes South East Consensus Candidate For PDP National Secretary / The President Northerners Want - Sule Lamido

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 184
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.