Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,859 members, 7,821,001 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along - Fashion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along (306303 Views)

Free DIY Handfans, Wire works, Bead works, Ankara bangles e.t.c Tutorials / A “SEW ALONG” THREAD For Sewing Enthusiasts/Tailors/Fashion Designers:DECEMBER / That's Sew Naija! - Fashion Designers,tailors,accessory/jewelry Makers, Join In! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by thourtee: 12:59pm On Feb 18, 2015
God bless u big arakulture...had to follow this thread all the way from the beginning... am starting with this project...all the way..
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by iclass: 6:58pm On Feb 26, 2015
Many thanks to arakulture for starting this thread and for the selfless service. And to kemesty for your efforts. God bless you all.
Here is my pencil skirt and peplum blouse.
I'm still sewing not done yet. Will post a pix when I'm done.

@ bimbam thank you too.

1 Like

Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by oduamine: 9:40pm On Feb 26, 2015
@iclass you tried alot but the end of your skirt circumference is too deepn next time use hip measurement minus 1"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by bimbam(f): 10:55pm On Feb 26, 2015
@iclass: good job... love the fabric colors!
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by Nobody: 6:31pm On Feb 27, 2015
@iclass well done dear but d kneel is shaped in too much next time deduct 2inches from Ur hip to get Ur kneel / length what ever the length of ur skirt is Ur kneel ok....well done dear. the fabric is really nice and vibrant.

Follow d details on page 9 and also u can leave the kneel straight, dat is not shaping it.
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by Nobody: 6:35pm On Feb 27, 2015
Register for our 3month foundation training in fashion design.

Call or whatsapp 08122632245 mail..arakulture@gmail.com
Location is Gbagada, Lagos

You need the foundation training to understand most elements in fashion design.

Who can attend....Beginners and Sewers having problems with certain style and concepts.
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by iclass: 8:33pm On Feb 28, 2015
@ arakulture and oduamine thanks for the correction. I ve made the adjustment. Will wear it and post the pictures tomorrow. I'm rocking it tomorrow!
@ bimbam thanks for the compliment.
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by Nobody: 10:38am On Mar 03, 2015
I have been following this thread for a long time now , I want to say thanks to Arakulture for the selfless service she is doing here, I love u and to Bimbam and others who re sharing knowledge to novice like us thanks and God bless
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by Nobody: 1:14pm On Mar 05, 2015
You welcome dear stan

Yeah it's November. ..I promised a project a month and have noticed most of us don't participate or we do silently....biko try to send in your project to motivate us nah.

also...lots of people are adding me up and asking to reach the stuff...pls. I don't teach on my bb and l try to separate all medium...I have stated it earlier. We can't teach everything for free even if we want to...pls. I can't stress this any less.....For beginners pls. Do u r self a favour and enrol for foundation class either with me or any other person and place that interest u.....without it most of Wat we teach here will be void and meaningless and u will be bringing us back to the same topics.

New Fabrics available....Ankara available in patches, plains, 23rd. Chiffon, silk, lace, cord, cottons etc. WhatsApp is 08 122632245.
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by Nobody: 6:43pm On Mar 06, 2015
Ok noted, pls what's our new project? cos I can't wait Lol

arakulture:
You welcome dear stan
Yeah it's November. ..I promised a project a month and have noticed most of us don't participate or we do silently....biko try to send in your project to motivate us nah.
also...lots of people are adding me up and asking to reach the stuff...pls. I don't teach on my bb and l try to separate all medium...I have stated it earlier. We can't teach everything for free even if we want to...pls. I can't stress this any less.....For beginners pls. Do u r self a favour and enrol for foundation class either with me or any other person and place that interest u.....without it most of Wat we teach here will be void and meaningless and u will be bringing us back to the same topics.
my bb got crashed so I had to change phone new pin is 5594cf4e.
New Fabrics available....Ankara available in patches, plains, 23rd. Chiffon, silk, lace, cord, cottons etc. WhatsApp is 08 122632245.
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by bukkie80(f): 9:13pm On Mar 11, 2015
STACYM:
I have been following this thread for a long time now , I want to say thanks to Arakulture for the selfless service she is doing here, I love u and to Bimbam and others who re sharing knowledge to novice like us thanks and God bless
well done Madam ARA. Though m not a novice ve bn following dis trend silently. Pls can we do something like dis

Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by Jumaisha(f): 12:34am On Mar 19, 2015
Hello madam Ara, Pls i need your help on how to cut a perfect sleeve and how to draft an armhole perfectly too. from your previous post, there's a place you used 6.5 for the armhole length which is quite confusing. I normally use 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5 depending on the stature of the person. kindly explain better. Am new here and I really love what am seeing when I gone tru all your previous post. Infant I was impressed to see a genius. May God bless you abundantly. looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks ma
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by Nobody: 9:23am On Mar 19, 2015
Thx for ur comments, firstly armhike can br a headache really but thr easiest method is to start of by taking good measurement to make your work very easy, l start off by measuring the persons armhole circumference that really helps l hear people using general figures but l always like to be sure so l measure all my customers armhole.

Afterwards if its confusing for u to draft d sleeve, use the armhole of the clothe after joining to plot the sleeve head.

Also l would like to see a pix of what u know then l cn help.further.
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by Nobody: 9:25am On Mar 19, 2015
bukkie80:
well done Madam ARA. Though m not a novice ve bn following dis trend silently. Pls can we do something like dis

Sorry dear, we cant for now.
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by Nobody: 9:31am On Mar 19, 2015

Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by Nobody: 9:58pm On Mar 26, 2015
Hello everyone, sorry for my long silence alot has been happening, firstly my new phone got bad, secondly was under d weather but am fine now, thirdly been very busy.

I wont able to post tutorials fo now but will post some DIY you can try and refashion those clothes, shoes and lots if other interesting stuff.

Hope u still love me anyways.

2 Likes

Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by askj(f): 10:16am On Mar 29, 2015
okkkkkkk. that wil b great. thnx alot n welldone
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by askj(f): 6:14am On Mar 31, 2015
[quote author=iclass post=31115079]Many thanks to arakulture for starting this thread and for the selfless service. And to kemesty for your efforts. God bless you all.
Here is my pencil skirt and peplum blouse.
I'm still sewing not done yet. Will post a pix when I'm done.

lovly outfit iclass. pls can u teach me hw u cut n sewed the sleeve. tnx
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by qumoffia: 11:46am On Apr 09, 2015
Am soo so grateful 2 arakulture, kemestry n the rest of d crew 4 dis one in a million page! I stumbled upon it last night, I must confess I slept late cuz of dis n woke up to it. Plz can u teach princess cut? I just enrolled in a sewing outfit...still a fresh beginner. grin

1 Like

Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by Nobody: 8:12am On Apr 14, 2015
@gumofia thx....we have actually done princess seams before....to help amswer ur question will post a link

https://www.nairaland.com/1798194/diy-it-yourself-sew-along/10
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by Nobody: 8:19am On Apr 14, 2015
A
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by Nobody: 1:37pm On Apr 14, 2015
Check d pix out and see what u like and give it a try, trust me u will be glad.

Will post pix of dress to sew for our next project later in the week.

Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by Nobody: 7:00pm On Apr 14, 2015
Join my BlackBerry channel to view assorted pix of fabrics, we stock Ankara, Silk, Chiffon, Sample laces, Cordlace, Cottons in Plain/Patterns

Wholesale and retails... we aslo have ankara patches for that lovely projects.

Blackberry Channel: C003F944C
WhatsApp: 08122632245

Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by iclass: 8:53am On Apr 17, 2015
Hey arakulture been a while! I'm sure you are good.
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by Nobody: 9:04am On Apr 18, 2015
So our next project will be this dress.... I want mine to be long with a small sleeve or cap sleeve.

What u need:

Cotton fabric
Cotton fabric in contract colour for d patch
Paper for pattern

Indicate interest ooo

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by Nobody: 4:25pm On Apr 19, 2015
Am in.
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by xterdynamic(f): 1:33pm On Apr 21, 2015
am in
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by Nobody: 7:47am On Apr 24, 2015
https://www.nairaland.com/1798194/diy-it-yourself-sew-along/2#24788454

For d cut out of d dress, follow the details on this link.

Post ur questions here, will answer as soon as am free, also will show a run through of the side patch later

A tailor and machinist is urgently needed, he or she must reside around gbagada or its environs.

Send an email to arakulture@gmail.com or tel. 08122632245.
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by kemesty(f): 7:00pm On Apr 28, 2015
Enrol at L'amirah school of fashion and Design for a professional training in fashion. And get a FREE SEWING MACHINE. We have Basic and Advanced courses, 3 & 6 months respectively.
Tel/whatsapp: 08032526875
BBM: 2B65F0AF
Suite FBE 11 & 23, New Banex Plaza, plot 741, Aminu Kano crescent, Wuse 2, Abuja

Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by MymothersKeeper(f): 5:03pm On Apr 30, 2015
@rayo11 you can check Reborn Clothing by Temi Lola-Ojo, they have some nice dresses

Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by Monis23: 9:12pm On May 06, 2015
Hello arakulture! I blv this is Aunty Bimbo Popoola right? Great job sis. Toye
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by Debbiemma(f): 9:32am On May 07, 2015
I just started, hope I'm not too late

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

My Crochet Fantasy / ~The Fashion Section Rules ~Guidelines & Queries ~ / How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.