Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court (58443 Views)

Can I Become A Lecturer With A 2.2 In First Degree With My MSC / First Degree And Masters Opportunity In The Usa- No Sat I, Sat Ii, Toefl Or Gre / Is Futy"s 2008/2009 Admission List into first degree programs out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Odunharry(m): 5:03pm On Jul 06, 2014
pDude:

Una nor go kii pesin for dis Nairaland o grin grin grin grin

Na you rank am abi? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

This ya polytechnic English get as e be o. You for kuku speak pidgin English like me na grin grin grin
lol
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by leppyj(m): 5:07pm On Jul 06, 2014
deeonlyme: IS IT POSSIBLE FOR AN ENGINEER TO BE WORKING UNDER A TECHNICIAN

So if u hv a BEng u are already an engineer? And if u hv HND in an engineering course u can never b an engineer? Or wat are u trying to say? Pls shed more light
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Microtee(m): 5:09pm On Jul 06, 2014
akpur1: Poly this uni dat. Ave been 2both there is more work there than the universities. You can never compare Fed poly auchi to uniport,unilag,unical,delsu,convenat,bells,landmark,Rsust,AAU etc. Cos federal poly auchi is second best tetiary institution in Nigeria and best polytechnic in Africa. Where were universities?
Which planet u dy?Cum Futa 4 a yr.
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Chikere2: 5:12pm On Jul 06, 2014
I laugh in latin. HND will lose the case. The two will never be the same unless the section of the law that sets the University above the polytechnic is changed.

1 Like

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by azidomedogo: 5:15pm On Jul 06, 2014
after graduation both the Bsc and HND holders will still be running after godfathers for job......so what's d arguement all abt.
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by eby001(m): 5:16pm On Jul 06, 2014
more like johesu vs nma

4 Likes

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Microtee(m): 5:20pm On Jul 06, 2014
johnwizey: Wa gbayii.......imagine, those universities student feel they are more qualified than us, but no, they ain't anywhere near us. We are better off academically, its just the way the FG treats the polythecnics that made the gap so obvious. A 300L student can't even define Kirchoff's law talkless of solving the equations.
Make them bridge the gap o cos we no go gree
U c "talkless"
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by VantagePoint: 5:20pm On Jul 06, 2014
eby001: more like johesu vs nma
Sadly true.
They tell us they're fighting for this, but we all know they're fighting for that.

1 Like

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by roxell120(m): 5:21pm On Jul 06, 2014
Handcuff: What about the standard... Then they will have to stop accepting remnants and candidates with abysmally Low scores into the polytechnics .
because ure a poly registrar
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Joejonah(m): 5:23pm On Jul 06, 2014
alekside: Same Auchi Poly I did my NYSC?

You're kidding right? grin grin grin

are you one of those copers we were teaching in class when I was in the polytechnic
lay emphasis on yourself not on your certificate and the taboo it can legally allow you to commit. tell me the year and the department you did your corps in Auchi poly
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by great664(m): 5:24pm On Jul 06, 2014
2s£xy:
I was watching AIT 7PM news a few minutes ago and it was announced that the HND/BSc dichotomy is now a case of judicial battle.

I wonder what will come out of this.

Did anyone read the news?
There is nothing like court now, d committee just submitted dier finding Read d full gist here http://ask9ja..com/2014/07/committee-submit-result-to-stop-hnd.html
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by leppyj(m): 5:25pm On Jul 06, 2014
Academic qualifications is not a yardstick to measure success in life. And the issue on ground is not worth arguing over, as for me na to make money wella come dey hire Profs,Phd,Msc, Bsc and HND holders to work 4 me b my motive o. So na to stay sharp and make God bless d sharpness.

1 Like

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by vislabraye(m): 5:26pm On Jul 06, 2014
akpur1: Poly this uni dat. Ave been 2both there is more work there than the universities. You can never compare Fed poly auchi to uniport,unilag,unical,delsu,convenat,bells,landmark,Rsust,AAU etc. Cos federal poly auchi is second best tetiary institution in Nigeria and best polytechnic in Africa. Where were universities?

Where you hear dat ? I no know who dey discriminate.

Firstly, most recruiters are the ones causing the dichotomy. I see sone job offers and the requirement is for you to be a Bachelors Degree holder. For instance, HND holders are usually made cashiers in banks.
On the other hand, some multi nationals we have give University as well polytechnic graduates equal opportunity.

1 Like

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Joejonah(m): 5:28pm On Jul 06, 2014
Microtee: U c "talkless"

in public forum you are not suppose to abbreviate.... "pot mocking black kettle"

2 Likes

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by luggy(m): 5:28pm On Jul 06, 2014
yes I did: it is important to seperate this two certificate, HND and DEGREE, as far as am consine, u past through poly or collage of education, u espect HND certificate, And if u past through UNIVERSITY, u espect DEGREE simple, meanwhile school of polytechnic Should not drag this, because is not going to work for them

4 Likes

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Kayraph(m): 5:39pm On Jul 06, 2014
Honestly I'm always surprised when I hear the word 'discrimination' between BSc & HND.

I graduated with a HND in Accountancy from MAPOLY in 2001 and I am a Chartered Accountant. I have attended a lot of interviews and worked in some great companies both local & multinationals.

There has never been any instance at which anybody discriminate against my certificate because I know my onions and as of this moment I have developed the habit of selecting interviews and turning a lot down. Moreover, I have a lot of appointment letters in my house from companies which I don't feel like working with (for one reason or the other)

What I am saying in essence is that your certificate (HND, BSc, MSc, PHD etc) could only get you an interview, your success at the interview us a combination of your ability as well as favor & luck from God.

Also, within the office environment, you have to dustinguish yourself as an exemplary employee to your employers and you will be surprised that no one will be concerned about your book knowledge but rather the value you can add to the business entity.

Some companies do not even ask for your credentials afterall (whether its real, Oluwole or Toronto) It all depends on how diligent, hardworking and professional you are.

In conclusion, let no HND holder feel inferior and let no BSc holder feel superior. You have to pass through school and allow the school pass through you.

I rest my case!

17 Likes

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Castos(m): 5:39pm On Jul 06, 2014
I am an architect with an HND certificate, graduated from Fed Poly Oko. Since my OND days I've always been at the site giving reality to my designs. Am comfortably married with a beatiful daughter. In essence, am a self made man. Am not trying to insinuate anything here but all I want to say is that, the way and manner our country is driving at calls for self employment no matter the type of certificate you've obtained. All these arguements I've read earlier here all boils down to who is preferred by the employers of labour and the levels of each certificate holder in the company and per se the salary difference. The moment we start thinking like entreprenuers, I tell you, this issue won't crop up (anyway, not everyone is designed to be an entreprenuer though). I'd like both to be equal, maybe something might change, I don't know, whatever. Happy sunday guys.

3 Likes

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 06, 2014
Bro tank God u didnt compare wit OAU or
UI

2 Likes

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 06, 2014
Weselion: School is School whether profs or no profs. After all, polytechnic students stay longer in school.
stay longer??

how pls? pardon my ignorance

1 Like

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Ishilove: 5:47pm On Jul 06, 2014
pDude:

Una nor go kii pesin for dis Nairaland o grin grin grin grin

Na you rank am abi? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

This ya polytechnic English get as e be o. You for kuku speak pidgin English like me na grin grin grin
Your mouth na real poison cheesy cheesy
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 06, 2014
Joejonah:

are you one of those copers we were teaching in class when I was in the polytechnic
lay emphasis on yourself not on your certificate and the taboo it can legally allow you to commit. tell me the year and the department you did your corps in Auchi poly
Yeah, I was one of 'em. Thanks for the great things you taught me cheesy

SLT. 09/10 grin
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Mudash(m): 5:49pm On Jul 06, 2014
The drama mst end..Discrimination too much al bcs polities dn dy involve
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by henryubani(m): 5:50pm On Jul 06, 2014
If they agree to scrap poly,,,what do they expect we graduates that has poly certificates to do.....make dem get sense oh
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Alausa4real: 5:51pm On Jul 06, 2014
Accedemically, polytechnic students ar more better than university students
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by BabaO2: 5:51pm On Jul 06, 2014
Sheenor: i read it too.........i hope they do something about it . HND cannot forever remain second to degree.....they have to be equal....yeah!.....they most be equal.
But why did u take lesser academically qualified route after you have failed University entry more than 5 times?. If it is not Panadol it is not Panadol.

3 Likes

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by bharyur2103(m): 5:52pm On Jul 06, 2014
I have heard polytechnic students posit they have more practical knowledge than their university counterparts, but does that make them any better? From the little I have learnt,the higher you move in the organisational hierarchy,the less important technical skills become and the more conceptual and decision-making skills are demanded which simply means your supposed "practical knowledge" is far from being the most important factor to recruiters.I think the best way to elevate polytechnics to the level of universities is to scrap all polytechnics and make all of them universities.This will ensure we have similarities in inputs which should subsequently make their outputs similar as well.If we are to talk of people studying social science and management courses,I don't think there should be any difference between those in universities and polytechnics.It all depends on the level of seriousness although I think we have more of those serious students in the universities.For people in engineering,I'm sorry but I don't think you guys go through similar systems.I don't know of other universities,but I have heard engineering students who happened to have been to polytechnics before their admissions into OAU complain about the huge difference between the two.I lived with one of them when I was in part 1 and he told me, throughout his stay in the Polytechnic of Ede,he never scored anything below 90% in mathematics courses.This same guy was so relieved and happy when he scored 51% in MTH 201 in his very first session on OAU campus.Infact,I know 2 of his friends who,like him,graduated with a distinction from the same polytechnic who are currently barely on a 2:1...If you think all these are blantant lies,pls,obtain a direct entry form and go have a taste too...

4 Likes

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by blackpammy1: 5:52pm On Jul 06, 2014
[quote author=eby001]more like johesu vs nma[/quotte]

Sadly the truth.
As is characteristic with Nigerians we fail to see that both institutions were made to meet different needs and as such they are thete to compliment each other and not to compete with each other.
For those making comparisons, what is the basis for such comparism? Its not like university and polytechnic students write the same exams, their syllabus are not the same and as such cannot be compared objectively.
Of course many brilliant students woild wns up in the polytechnic in much the same way that many people who have no business in a higher institution would end up in universities.
What we should be talking about is how the government should provide more of these higher institutions and also provide jobs for these graduates when they finish so that everybody has an equal playing field

3 Likes

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Tunguy01(m): 5:57pm On Jul 06, 2014
johnwizey: Wa gbayii.......imagine, those universities student feel they are more qualified than us, but no, they ain't anywhere near us. We are better off academically, its just the way the FG treats the polythecnics that made the gap so obvious. A 300L student can't even define Kirchoff's law talkless of solving the equations.
Make them bridge the gap o cos we no go gree
D VOICE OF A FRUSTRATED POLYTECHNIC STUDENT

4 Likes

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by DonaldGenes(m): 5:58pm On Jul 06, 2014
2sExy1: I was watching AIT 7PM news a few minutes ago and it was announced that the HND/BSc dichotomy is now a case of judicial battle.

I wonder what will come out of this.

Did anyone read the news?

Na 10 years tins o before the court go finally give judgement
Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by reindeer: 5:58pm On Jul 06, 2014
This is lab science vs medicine all over again
Different entry marks into school, different curricula, different requirements and yet these people clamour for equality?
What is hard in people recognising that input determines standings?
Well then, this is Nigeria, common sense will be turned on its head as usual.

2 Likes

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by BigBen10: 6:00pm On Jul 06, 2014
Orikinla: Nigerians are the funniest creatures on earth. grin
And majority of them are intellectually re-tarded.

the bad part of it is that they are confident proud and lousy enough to exhibit this ignorance/intellectual retardness.

2 Likes

Re: HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court by Acidosis(m): 6:00pm On Jul 06, 2014
With the rate at which the elites are mass producing private degrees, I think the move is necessary. Education has become something else, so lets go and defend ourselves at the labour/business market.

For those asking for Profs,

we really can't use that as a criteria since some degree awarding departments do not have functional profs, & some now manufacture profs from thin air - Professors wey dem nor dey see for department.

Worthy of mention is the fact that some schools with high number of Professors aint recognised in the nation.
Department of Guidance & Couselling, Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti has over 13 Professors, 20+ with Doctorates. (You go fear Ekiti state & profs, lol).

Yet, most of you will rate oau, u.i, covenant ahead of EKSU.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Veronica Ezeh-Chioma, UNIZIK Student, Dies Of Gas Explosion (pics) / The Ancient Pyramids - I Know How It Was Built, Why It Was Built, Who Built It. / Two FUTO Students Found Dead In Their Lodge Today (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.