Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,192 members, 7,953,690 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:29 PM

Dear Nairalanders Can U Date Someone Ur Friend Have Dated And Broken Up With - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dear Nairalanders Can U Date Someone Ur Friend Have Dated And Broken Up With (4125 Views)

Help Me”i Allowed My Best Friend Have Sex With My Wife, Have I Made A Mistake? / Advice- “I Allowed My Best Friend Have Sex With My Wife, Have I Made A Mistake?” / Pregnancy And Broken Marriage Plans - Please Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Nairalanders Can U Date Someone Ur Friend Have Dated And Broken Up With by Odunharry(m): 10:23am On Jul 11, 2014
THE CLUELESS
Wife:- sweety, which teams are
playing today?

Hubby:- There is no match today.

Wife:- ooh! It's over? So who won?

Hubby:- it's not over, they are just resting today

Wife:- Ooooh... So they'r on
halftime?

Hubby:- ah sure they are on
halftime

Wife: so when are they starting the second half?

Hubby:- (bored) Tomorrow

Wife:- So Drogba will be playing
tomorrow?

Hubby:- His team was knocked
out.

Wife:- Haa so which team is
remaining?

Hubby:- Uruguay.

Wife:- The one that suarez plays
for?

Hubby:- (happy) YES!

Wife:- At least we will watch Suarez.

Hubby:- Suarez was banned. He
will not play any more.

Wife:- so they will play with less
players?

Hubby:- No, they will get someone
else

Wife:- Who will they put?

Hubby:- (Angry) I DONT KNOW!
(loong silence)

Wife :- (innocently) hope they put Drogba

4 Likes

Re: Dear Nairalanders Can U Date Someone Ur Friend Have Dated And Broken Up With by dennis3888: 4:40pm On Jul 11, 2014
Odunharry: THE CLUELESS
Wife:- sweety, which teams are
playing today?

Hubby:- There is no match today.

Wife:- ooh! It's over? So who won?

Hubby:- it's not over, they are just resting today

Wife:- Ooooh... So they'r on
halftime?

Hubby:- ah sure they are on.

What's dis bro
halftime

Wife: so when are they starting the second half?

Hubby:- (bored) Tomorrow

Wife:- So Drogba will be playing
tomorrow?

Hubby:- His team was knocked
out.

Wife:- Haa so which team is
remaining?

Hubby:- Uruguay.

Wife:- The one that suarez plays
for?

Hubby:- (happy) YES!

Wife:- At least we will watch Suarez.

Hubby:- Suarez was banned. He
will not play any more.

Wife:- so they will play with less
players?

Hubby:- No, they will get someone
else

Wife:- Who will they put?

Hubby:- (Angry) I DONT KNOW!
(loong silence)

Wife :- (innocently) hope they put Drogba
Re: Dear Nairalanders Can U Date Someone Ur Friend Have Dated And Broken Up With by utenwuson: 6:36pm On Jul 11, 2014
Hmmn....its a gud tin u re in luv wt her! D question is. Where u in any way secretly admiring her bck then wen she. Was wt ur guy(ur frn)? Dts d questn ur guy ll b askin himself now! But. As 4 me oooo......any tym m bleepn her,I ll b recalin dt my guy must av done. All. ds same tin 2 ds gurl b4!

1 Like

Re: Dear Nairalanders Can U Date Someone Ur Friend Have Dated And Broken Up With by dennis3888: 7:45am On Jul 12, 2014
utenwuson: Hmmn....its a gud tin u re in luv wt her! D question is. Where u in any way secretly admiring her bck then wen she. Was wt ur guy(ur frn)? Dts d questn ur guy ll b askin himself now! But. As 4 me oooo......any tym m bleepn her,I ll b recalin dt my guy must av done. All. ds same tin 2 ds gurl b4!

My friend(her ex guy) asked me same question dat is if I was sleeping with her den. Well I was not I wan not even admiring her den we were just friends with no strings attached. About de sleeping with her thing, that one doesn't affect me sha cause I know other gals 2 have had guys also. But sometime I actually feel I did betray my friend.
Re: Dear Nairalanders Can U Date Someone Ur Friend Have Dated And Broken Up With by dennis3888: 10:46pm On Jul 12, 2014
ShirelleBaby: I can't do it-it is very silly to me-cummon,dai are over 1 million pretty females,y ur friend's ex?den wen u get married and their old flame resurrects,u will be crying fowl---kus the possibility of dem getting down is high kus dey once shared something!!so save ur self future worries and get some1 outta the circle

That's true talk bro
Re: Dear Nairalanders Can U Date Someone Ur Friend Have Dated And Broken Up With by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jul 12, 2014
I met a friend's ex today by chance. This ex broke up with my friend many years ago and she was very heart broken. I met him a few weeks after the break up and he told me that he was in love with me and that I was one of the reasons why he broke up with my friend. I was shocked and told him that even if I wanted to be with him, I couldn't hurt my friend. My friend really loved this guy.

Some years later, exactly on this very day, we met by chance and we talked. He has got a girlfriend now and I told him I was in a relationship too. We had a very nice but rather short conversation on the street and our ways parted.

The guy is very nice and good-looking and if we had met under different circumstances some years back, we would have become a couple but knowing that it would make my friend suffer was a reason for me not to start anything with him.

If he and I were single today and still interested in each other, I would give it a try because my friend does not care anymore and it wouldn't hurt her now. It would come as a surprise and maybe even bother her a bit but it would not make her suffer.

Bottom line is that you have to consider what it would cause to your friend. If your friend does not feel for the person or does not feel much for the person, then go ahead. If your was devastated, then .... it is still your choice.

1 Like

Re: Dear Nairalanders Can U Date Someone Ur Friend Have Dated And Broken Up With by pweedyuz(f): 11:46pm On Jul 12, 2014
its depending on d "frnd".......buh wen talking about bst frnd--
i cant date my best frnd's ex
feels lyk betrayal to mi

*i mean shes ma bst frnd for christ sake......we r practically sisters*
Re: Dear Nairalanders Can U Date Someone Ur Friend Have Dated And Broken Up With by xtervaganza(m): 4:38am On Jul 13, 2014
If a friend decides to date/marry my ex i won't have a problem with him

But I don't think I'll do that.......

That's a lack of respect to my friend(IMOO)
Re: Dear Nairalanders Can U Date Someone Ur Friend Have Dated And Broken Up With by Nobody: 5:59am On Jul 13, 2014
lynpetra:

Lol.I like to believe it was a very stupid move by me then.It happened years back,I dated the current guy,after which he broke up with me.His friend asked me out,I accepted!His friend was in love and we dated for 2 yrs.I finally broke up with him for a very good reason.Years later,my run away lover came knocking,now we are dating.But him friend just resurrected recently again.But I won't let history repeat itself again.

I hope that doesn't come back to bite you hard. Some guys have a way of allowing the past determine their future even if they 'act' like they don't care.
Re: Dear Nairalanders Can U Date Someone Ur Friend Have Dated And Broken Up With by Nobody: 6:17am On Jul 13, 2014
dennis3888: Dear nairalanders am dating a lady dat my friend have dated before wen we were in school. Now we have all graduated. And I happened 2 meet de lady we fell in love with each other and we wanna get married. I just wanna know if its a dumb move or is it a betrayal 2 my friend. Matured comments pls

Quite frankly, I think this is coming rather late. I believe your question would have been relevant before you started the relationship with her. Like you said, both of you are in love already and the relationship is now very serious; heck, you guys are considering marriage.

If you leave this lady at this point because you are feeling a bit guilty or uncomfortable about how you guys came together, then I would be very disappointed. Considering that you guys share a 'common love', she is supposed to be the only friend whose opinion matters.

Let the past stay where it is and marry her. The truth here is that you waved your right to act based on this the moment you started a relationship with her. Please do the right thing and marry her, unless you have something else you are not saying.
Re: Dear Nairalanders Can U Date Someone Ur Friend Have Dated And Broken Up With by 299: 10:49am On Jul 13, 2014
lynpetra:

Lol.I like to believe it was a very stupid move by me then.It happened years back,I dated the current guy,after which he broke up with me.His friend asked me out,I accepted!His friend was in love and we dated for 2 yrs.I finally broke up with him for a very good reason.Years later,my run away lover came knocking,now we are dating.But him friend just resurrected recently again.But I won't let history repeat itself again.
Wow....two good friends using a girl to play 'football'
Re: Dear Nairalanders Can U Date Someone Ur Friend Have Dated And Broken Up With by 299: 11:05am On Jul 13, 2014
dennis3888: Dear nairalanders am dating a lady dat my friend have dated before wen we were in school. Now we have all graduated. And I happened 2 meet de lady we fell in love with each other and we wanna get married. I just wanna know if its a dumb move or is it a betrayal 2 my friend. Matured comments pls
Things like this always have a way to back-fire when you least expect it. It may not matter to you now, but five years down the line, it may pose a big psychological problem for you especially if that your friend is still 'around' your circle.

If you're observant, you'll notice someone on this thread already acknowledged going back to her first love even after dating his friend. The point is; women are highly emotional and can easily ignite old flames when they see an ex they genuinely love. Worst still; your wife will still f.uck him if he's better than you in bed. If you're in doubt, google OKAFOR'S LAW.
Re: Dear Nairalanders Can U Date Someone Ur Friend Have Dated And Broken Up With by vokalguy(m): 11:32am On Jul 13, 2014
Look its a little bit complicated... I will say its a case by case basis.... how did you meet this person, did you know your friend dated this person in the past? Is your friend cool with it? 'Guy Code / Girl Code' is also involved.
Re: Dear Nairalanders Can U Date Someone Ur Friend Have Dated And Broken Up With by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 13, 2014
striktlymi:

I hope that doesn't come back to bite you hard. Some guys have a way of allowing the past determine their future even if they 'act' like they don't care.

They are already on seperate paths already.Everybody now mind their own business.
Re: Dear Nairalanders Can U Date Someone Ur Friend Have Dated And Broken Up With by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 13, 2014
299: Wow....two good friends using a girl to play 'football'

You don't like soccer? undecided
Re: Dear Nairalanders Can U Date Someone Ur Friend Have Dated And Broken Up With by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 13, 2014
lynpetra:
You don't like soccer? undecided
you like fun, you like adventure when it comes to relationship... BUT be careful o.

Hmmmmm
Re: Dear Nairalanders Can U Date Someone Ur Friend Have Dated And Broken Up With by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 13, 2014
2sExy1: you like fun, you like adventure when it comes to relationship... BUT be careful o.

Hmmmmm

I use to.Anyway we are good!
Re: Dear Nairalanders Can U Date Someone Ur Friend Have Dated And Broken Up With by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jul 13, 2014
lynpetra:
I use to.Anyway we are good!
i understand. Just don't do things you wont be happy about years later. Besides, it would be better to be in a relationship that will take you to the promise land by now.

All the same... It's good those are the past.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Nairalanders Can U Date Someone Ur Friend Have Dated And Broken Up With by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jul 13, 2014
2sExy1: i understand. Just don't do things you wont be happy about years later. Besides, it would be better to be in a relationship that will take you to the promise land by now.

All the same... It's good those are the past.

Promise land?
I don't live a life of expecting too much.I do my own part and leave the rest.Not all relationship no matter the efforts made leads to marriage and the happily ever after.I prefer to live a life of surprises. smiley
Re: Dear Nairalanders Can U Date Someone Ur Friend Have Dated And Broken Up With by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 13, 2014
lynpetra:
Promise land?
I don't live a life of expecting too much.I do my own part and leave the rest.Not all relationship no matter the efforts made leads to marriage and the happily ever after.I prefer to live a life of surprises. smiley
it's not a matter of surprises or expectation but a case where the guy in question isn't wasting your time... I know a lot of guys who like crazy girls just for that specific factor of what goes on on bed but when they want to settle down, they go for the direct opposite.

It's a matter of what you are "seen as", "taken for" "valued for"

it wont be cool if someone is an obstacle to your progress, lady.

Are you saying you are not worth being married to?

1 Like

Re: Dear Nairalanders Can U Date Someone Ur Friend Have Dated And Broken Up With by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 13, 2014
2sExy1: it's not a matter of surprises or expectation but a case where the guy in question isn't wasting your time... I know a lot of guys who like crazy girls just for that specific factor of what goes on on bed but when they want to settle down, they go for the direct opposite.

It's a matter of what you are "seen as", "taken for" "valued for"

it wont be cool if someone is an obstacle to your progress, lady.

Are you saying you are not worth being married to?

We are still saying the same thing.
In my relationships, I don't waste my time expecting it will always end well.I play my own part by being a good partner but I don't place so much emphasis on if he will marry me or not.I still do not dwell on it even if he says that.I can only laugh.My problem is 'who' to marry,i don't like the headache of caring if my relationship will go to the next level or not.Naaaaaa,its too stressful and unnecessary. In any relationship,I have learnt not to expect too much.If it works fine,if it doesn't work,fine.
Re: Dear Nairalanders Can U Date Someone Ur Friend Have Dated And Broken Up With by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 13, 2014
lynpetra:

In my relationships, I don't waste my time expecting it will always end well.I play my own part by being a good partner but I don't place so much emphasis on if he will marry me or not.I still do not dwell on it even if he says that.I can only laugh.My problem is 'who' to marry,i don't like the headache of caring if my relationship will go to the next level or not.Naaaaaa,its too stressful and unnecessary. In any relationship,I have learnt not to expect too much.If it works fine,if it doesn't work,fine.
okay... All the best!

1 Like

Re: Dear Nairalanders Can U Date Someone Ur Friend Have Dated And Broken Up With by dennis3888: 7:35am On Jul 14, 2014
vokalguy: Look its a little bit complicated... I will say its a case by case basis.... how did you meet this person, did you know your friend dated this person in the past? Is your friend cool with it? 'Guy Code / Girl Code' is also involved.

I knew her when dey were dating in school we were all in school 2gether. But it was 3yrs after I graduated dat I met her on whatsapp we started chatting and feel in love with each other and started dating I told de guy, he was pised at first but later said no prob dat it was all good I was never a party 2 dere break up dey broke up like two yrs before I started dating her
Re: Dear Nairalanders Can U Date Someone Ur Friend Have Dated And Broken Up With by Islie: 9:26am On Jul 14, 2014
pweedyuz: its depending on d "frnd".......buh wen talking about bst frnd--
i cant date my best frnd's ex
feels lyk betrayal to mi

*i mean shes ma bst frnd for christ sake......we r practically sisters*

that word struck me......... Because u took the words out of mah mouth....

It all depends on what kind of relationship i have with the friend...
If he is my tight buddy...... sorry i can't think of dating the girl
talkless of starting a relationship with her
Re: Dear Nairalanders Can U Date Someone Ur Friend Have Dated And Broken Up With by dennis3888: 2:37pm On Jul 18, 2014
Islie:

that word struck me......... Because u took the words out of mah mouth....

It all depends on what kind of relationship i have with the friend...
If he is my tight buddy...... sorry i can't think of dating the girl
talkless of starting a relationship with her
I aint dat close with de guy if he was my close friend I can't date his ex babe oh
Re: Dear Nairalanders Can U Date Someone Ur Friend Have Dated And Broken Up With by dagbokoncept(m): 7:15pm On Jul 19, 2014
Am involved in a similar scenerio but mine is a bit different from d op situation. Am a youba by tribe nd i skul in northern part of nigeria and sometimes ago i askd a friend of mine to introduce me to a nice lady so that i can mke friend with her pending when i will come home for my holidays. He gave me dis girl number nd we satrtd talkin. She now askd me wat my friend to me concernin her, i replied notin much. She now narrated wat hapnd btw her nd my friend, hw dey dated for like 2 months nd my friend later set her free. I knew dat my friend is a thick cassanova for a very long time . I had to pretend dat i dont gve a damm about wat hapend btw her nd my friend, with d aim of gettin her too. When i travelled down for my holidays , we met nd she fell in love with me nd i also startd havin feelins for her because shes a nice lady nd every man would wish to have. Even my friend confirmed it but he can settle down with het because he already has a fiancee, he only played her. To cut d long story short , am in love with her nd considering marrying her. I need ur advice fellow nairalanders. My friend is not disturbd at all cos he neva had any geniue feelins for her. My fear is dat if i marry wat will happen in future if my friends now decide to mock me and mke ridicule of us. But i knw she willl mke a gud wife cos shes supportive, nd respectful.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Nairalanders Can U Date Someone Ur Friend Have Dated And Broken Up With by dennis3888: 10:37pm On Jul 31, 2014
xtervaganza: If a friend decides to date/marry my ex i won't have a problem with him

Tnx

Re: Dear Nairalanders Can U Date Someone Ur Friend Have Dated And Broken Up With by dennis3888: 10:38pm On Jul 31, 2014
xtervaganza: If a friend decides to date/marry my ex i won't have a problem with him

Tnx
Re: Dear Nairalanders Can U Date Someone Ur Friend Have Dated And Broken Up With by dennis3888: 3:50pm On Aug 01, 2014
omeya: AUCTION!AUCTION!!AUCTION!!!the nigeria custom impounded vehicles are now available to dealers and individuals in nigeria in the auction 2013/2014.interested individual should call the custom co-ordinator on 08149042110 for purchase and delivery.SOME OF THE VEHICLES AND PRICES:toyota land cruiser:800,000-3million,toyota prado:600,000-1.5million,toyota camry:400,000-2million,toyota avensis:600,000-800,000,toyota yaris:800,000,toyota avenza:700,000,toyota rav4suv:950,000.honda accord:800,000,honda crv:850000,honda pilot:850000 and lots more

Who be dis
Re: Dear Nairalanders Can U Date Someone Ur Friend Have Dated And Broken Up With by hensben(m): 4:53pm On Aug 01, 2014
lynpetra:

sweery, how about you leave the two guys and come to me, I will marry you straight away, no delay. *smiles*

1 Like

Re: Dear Nairalanders Can U Date Someone Ur Friend Have Dated And Broken Up With by Nobody: 5:16pm On Aug 01, 2014
Ofcourse.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ladies, Are You Not Making Yourself Cheap When You Beg Boys Money? / Wish 5 Nairalanders A Happy New Month / 8 Types Of Wives We Have.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.