Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,660 members, 7,820,326 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? - Family (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? (49698 Views)

Bayelsa Girl Forced To Marry Hausa Muslim Lover / They Came Out Of The Room Sweating, But She Said They Didn't Have Sex! / Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by coogar: 8:03pm On Jul 11, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:
Eating is basic human necessity. Yes, having the money provides him the luxury of eating any meal, but that doesn't translate as real freedom. It merely opened up his options in a limited area.

but hunger does translate to freedom, right?

So what happens to all the discipline and religion once they get here? They're 10x worse than the kids who grew up here both in the areas of drug abuse, and knocking girls up. Why? They had such highly regulated lives back home that they come here to discover they have no self control.

because they suddenly found themselves in a society bereft of any discipline. it's a natural thing to indulge in those vices. blood runs in their veins, not water. you can't blame them for such, blame the useless governments in the west fuelling teenage pregnancy & rewarding single motherhood.

I'm not anti-discipline, but my point is they live in extremely restricting and oppressive societies. They may have money, but they have no freedom. I've lived in one of their societies, and I no doubt prefer where I am now - no competition. You couldn't pay me enough to go back.

you wouldn't go back because you are probably not islamic. their way of life is tied to their religion & in most parts, these people have accepted that way is the only way. it's the western media that is painting them to be evil or oppressive. how can you forge discipline without control? with freedom comes the excess baggage of indiscipline. we both know that!

All your listed downfalls concern people's private sex lives undecided

come off it. privacy doesn't necessarily make it right. i am tired of hearing people defend homosëxuality or other sëxual deviance as people's private lives. that 2 adults consented to do something doesn't make it right otherwise inceśt between two siblings is also people's private lives
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jul 11, 2014
TV01:
stick to smileys if you've nothing cogent to add cheesy!

Oush!

3 Likes

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Oahray: 8:48pm On Jul 11, 2014
Don't you guys ever get tired?
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by coogar: 8:51pm On Jul 11, 2014
Oahray: Don't you guys ever get tired?

tired of what?
tiredness defeats the purpose of setting up a forum, don't you think?
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jul 11, 2014
coogar:

but hunger does translate to freedom, right

because they suddenly found themselves in a society bereft of any discipline. it's a natural thing to indulge in those vices. blood runs in their veins, not water. you can't blame them for such, blame the useless governments in the west fuelling teenage pregnancy & rewarding single motherhood.

Nonsense. Please, what is discipline w/o self control? They were not disciplined, but restricted. They have no idea how to deal with a society that doesn't dictate their usual restrictions, and therefore end up going bat shyt crazy.

If you want a society that inspires true discipline, see Japan. They have just as much access and freedoms, and yet they're principled. That is discipline. You can't learn discipline under restriction, which is way an American is way more likely to have self control and discipline over a Qatari.

Japanese society is admirable. Arabia? Hell no.

you wouldn't go back because you are probably not islamic. their way of life is tied to their religion & in most parts, these people have accepted that way is the only way. it's the western media that is painting them to be evil or oppressive. how can you forge discipline without control? with freedom comes the excess baggage of indiscipline. we both know that!

Actually, their way of life is based mostly on their culture, though religion naturally factors in.

The media doesn't build the culture and/or create the stories, they report them.

come off it. privacy doesn't necessarily make it right. i am tired of hearing people defend homosëxuality or other sëxual deviance as people's private lives. that 2 adults consented to do something doesn't make it right otherwise inceśt between two siblings is also people's private lives

Well, it's not incést. And it's not just the privacy and consent of it that makes it acceptable, it's the lack of "harm" done.

Anyway, I'd rather not argue on that. Personally, I'm not bothered.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by coogar: 9:06pm On Jul 11, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:
Nonsense. Please, what is discipline w/o self control? They were not disciplined, but restricted. They have no idea how to deal with a society that doesn't dictate their usual restrictions, and therefore end up going bat shyt crazy.

they are disciplined!
whenever they want to spiral out of control, their strict laws whip them into shape. youthful exuberance is the same everywhere - same as nigeria. kids are level-headed at home and then become whorës & cultists in school. oh yes - they lack discipline!

If you want a society that inspires true discipline, see Japan. They have just as much access and freedoms, and yet they're principled. That is discipline. You can't learn discipline under restriction, which is way an American is way more likely to have self control and discipline over a Qatari.

discipline can only be learnt with restriction. if you allow absolute freedom, people would take the piss. this is why we have laws even in the west & long prison sentences to deter offenders.

Japanese society is admirable. Arabia? Hell no.

asians are generally respectful people. i stayed in asia & yes there's discipline there too. discipline over the years whipped them into shape.

Actually, their way of life is based mostly on their culture, though religion naturally factors in.

so why are we arguing?

The media doesn't build the culture and/or create the stories, they report them.

stop listening to the media, pick a book instead & read. everything about life doesn't start & end with CNN. they are acting within the confines of their koran. their forefathers lived by those laws, why should it change for the present generation?

Well, it's not incést. And it's not the privacy of it that makes it right or wrong, it's the lack of "harm".

Anyway, I'd rather not argue on that.

it's not incëst, so what is it? where's the harm in a 21 year old boy sleeping with his 19 year old sister? aren't they both adults? is the sex not consensual? why is being gay permissible to you & yet incešt isn't?

exactly - you cannot argue it cos you won't win!

2 Likes

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Oahray: 9:15pm On Jul 11, 2014
coogar:

tired of what?
tiredness defeats the purpose of setting up a forum, don't you think?
no I don't.

When our resident feminists start to negotiate with you how much blame should be placed on feminism (if it should be 50-50 with poverty) for messed-up family units in western societies, know that you have made your point.

It's not going to get much better than that, even if this gets to 100 pages. They see, but would not admit.

1 Like

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by coogar: 9:16pm On Jul 11, 2014
Oahray: no I don't.

When our resident feminists start to negotiate with you how much blame should be placed on feminism (if it should be 50-50 with poverty) for messed-up family units in western societies, know that you have made your point.

It's not going to get much better than that, even if this gets to 100 pages. They see, but would not admit.

touché!
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 11, 2014
EnlightenedSoul

Stop arguing with Coogar. He will say that Arab societies are the best but will NOT want to live there due to the religious issues they have there. Go back a few pages and see what he wrote.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 11, 2014
coogar:

they are disciplined!
whenever they want to spiral out of control, their strict laws whip them into shape. youthful exuberance is the same everywhere - same as nigeria. kids are level-headed at home and then become whorës & cultists in school. oh yes - they lack discipline!

These are not youths, they're university students! Having lived there and here, and having observed their behaviors, it quickly became obvious that it was only the restrictions that stood in the way. They lack discipline.

discipline can only be learnt with restriction. if you allow absolute freedom, people would take the piss. this is why we have laws even in the west & long prison sentences to deter offenders.

We're not talking about laws here. Outright restriction stands in the way cultivating self-discipline. If the only reason you're not engaging in the "vices" is because they're highly punishable and/or unavailable, you're not disciplined, you're merely restricted.

asians are generally respectful people. i stayed in asia & yes there's discipline there too. discipline over the years whipped them into shape.

Yes, but they're not living in social restriction and oppression. It's their culture, and philosophy. Huge difference.

so why are we arguing?

Were we? My point was that society is highly important. Their economic successes do not make them a flourishing society/culture. They are not. They're actually one of the worst patriarchal societies out there.

stop listening to the media, pick a book instead & read. everything about life doesn't start & end with CNN. they are acting within the confines of their koran. their forefathers lived by those laws, why should it change for the present generation?

I read books and consult varying media sources. That isn't the point. See the point above.

it's not incëst, so what is it? where's the harm in a 21 year old boy sleeping with his 19 year old sister? aren't they both adults? is the sex not consensual? why is being gay permissible to you & yet incešt isn't?

exactly - you cannot argue it cos you won't win!

You can't class the two in the same category. One of them is incèst, one of them isn't.

What kind of argument is that, honestly?
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jul 11, 2014
carefreewannabe: EnlightenedSoul

Stop arguing with Coogar. He will say that Arab societies are the best but will NOT want to live there due to the religious issues they have there. Go back a few pages and see what he wrote.

I saw the part where he praised Oman and Qatar as examples of good "flourishing" patriarchal societies. I was like whaaaaat??

You wouldn't want to live there. Forget about Islam, the culture itself is oppressive and their mentality is depressing. I lasted for about 2 yrs of private HS there, and I was pestering my folks about leaving the entire time.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by coogar: 10:03pm On Jul 11, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:
These are not youths, they're university students! Having lived there and here, and having observed their behaviors, it quickly became obvious that it was only the restrictions that stood in the way. They lack discipline.

and university students aren't youths?
it's only restrictions that stood in everyone's way. when there's no law, there's no crime. if there aren't breathalysers on motorways to pick out drivers under the influence, everyone would drink & drive. there won't be discipline without any restriction & it applies for kids & adults.

We're not talking about laws here. Outright restriction stands in the way cultivating self-discipline. If the only reason you're not engaging in the "vice" is because they're highly punishable and/or unavailable, you're not disciplined, you're merely restricted.

so tell us what makes anyone disciplined if not the laws governing that society, what is permissible in the society, etc? look at how nigerians obey traffic regulations abroad, compare it to how they drive when they get to lagos? you mean it's because they lack discipline? grin cheesy grin

But they're not living in social restriction and oppression. It's their CULTURE, and philosophy.

there's no oppression in the middle east. they are not complaining. what defines an arab individual is family, honour & his religion. they do not joke with their religion unlike the infidels that mostly populate the western culture.

according to your logic, born again christians in nigeria are all oppressed. nuns & reverend fathers are oppressed. hell, the pope himself is oppressed for following the fundamental principles of his religion.

Were we? My point was that society is highly important. Their economic successes do not make them a flourishing society/culture. They are not.

so what makes a society flourishing if not economic success? mention one poverty-stricken flourishing society & i will show you a flying green elephant at the centre of oyigbo market.

even libya(afro-arab) country was flourishing before the west went there & pulled down everything gadaffi put together. they had 24/7 electricity. newlyweds get $40,000 to start a family. no taxes, no utility bills, no interest rates in their banks.

all roads are tarred. every libyan has a roof over his head, unemployed graduates are paid salaries of what they would have earned if they are working. their students abroad get monthly allowance of $2500 from their government.

and that isn't a flourishing society? grin cheesy

I read books and consult varying media sources. That isn't the point. See the point above this one.

the west should emulate them & stop the bullshyte about human rights. these people were living a peaceful life until the west went there to start taking interest in their oil. they want them to change how they have been living their lives.....arrant nonsense!

You can't class the two in the same category. One of them is incèst, one of them isn't.
What kind of argument is that, honestly?

what's the difference?
you argued what 2 adults decide to do sêxually behind closed doors is strictly a private affair as long as it's consensual.......

and i am saying the same point should work for incêst. if 2 siblings decide to schtupp themselves behind closed doors in a consensual manner devoid of any child abuse, whose business is it? who is the victim?

why is incêst a taboo & homoêrotica isn't?
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jul 11, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

I saw the part where he praised Oman and Qatar as examples of good "flourishing" patriarchal societies. I was like whaaaaat??

You wouldn't want to live there. Forget about Islam, the culture itself is oppressive and their mentality is depressing. I lasted for about 2 yrs of private HS there, and I was pestering my folks about leaving the entire time.

Coogar says the societies are better and when I asked him why he is still in the UK, he said that he doesn't want to live there due to the "religious issues" they have there.

What is more dangerous than ignorance? SCIOLISM
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by coogar: 10:11pm On Jul 11, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Coogar says the societies are better and when I asked him why he is still in the UK, he said that he doesn't want to live there due to the "religious issues" they have there.

ignorance? says the ignoramus that claimed america is a matriarchal society. grin

2 Likes

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jul 11, 2014
coogar:

ignorance? says the ignoramus that claimed america is a matriarchal society. grin

Quote the part where I said it Mr Sciolism.

I notice you have problems with reading comprehension. I didn't say you were ignorant. Another misinterpretation.

1 Like

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by coogar: 10:17pm On Jul 11, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Quote the part where I said it Mr Sciolism.

I notice you have problems with reading comprehension. I didn't say you were ignorant. Another misinterpretation.

ignoramus, you didn't even stop there. you also implied germany is a matriarchal society cos they have a female leader. grin cheesy

it baffles me how you managed to cop SSCE, let alone bachelor's degree with some of your trogolyditic assertions.

2 Likes

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jul 11, 2014
coogar:

ignoramus, you didn't even stop there. you also implied germany is a matriarchal society cos they have a female leader. grin cheesy

it baffles me how you managed to cop SSCE, let alone bachelor's degree with some of your trogolyditic assertions.

Quote me wink
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by TV01(m): 10:49pm On Jul 11, 2014
TV01:
And I for one have no problem with anyone marrying out. But as you've rightly pointed out, there is a hierarchy of desirability. And black women are on the bottom rung. Black men on the other hand are near the top and are able to further compensate for any perceived drawbacks.

naijababe: Really?! Where are the facts to prove this assertion?

I''ll start anecdotally first.

Ever seen a Chinese man with a black woman? How about an Indian man? I didn't think so. Not saying it doesn't happen. Kinda like hens teeth grin! I have seen black men married to Chinese women and know Indian women who have relinquished their heritage to marry black men

How about closer to home. Can you or anyone else here advise if in their immediate and extended family their has been marriage "out"? Isn't it typically the men - all things being equal.

Obviously marrying out racially is only of real statistical significance where countries societies have significant racial mixes. Like many European/Western countries.

Here are a few links;
http://unsafeharbour./2012/02/09/who-is-attracted-to-who/
- low "perceived" attractiveness of black women

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/a-black-and-white-issue-the-future-of-society-is-mixed-425828.html
- Up to 50% of black men in the UK in mixed relationships (which given the relative weights of the races says it all. And it's almost certainly with white women. Meaning lots of black women are sharing, going with out or dating out. And there is nothing to demonstrate they are marrying out.)

The internet is full of it. Papers, surveys, discussion panels. Obviously it's a bit sensitive, so hard to get exact figures, gender splits or attractiveness rating. And I'd suspect that dating is one thing and marriage another, But I'm sure the figures correlate.

We see too much to think anything else. How about the vitriol black women have for white women that steal "their men". Or the fury at black men who marry out. Especially the high profile ones. Check out Omari Hardwick the love interest from "Being Mary Jane". Black women on the net went into meltdown when they found out he had a white - and average looking - wife.

Nor only are black men ranked relatively "more attractive", the foreign women that marry them are typically less demanding/more forgiving. Even if you argue it's typically lower class white women/foreigners. And whilst they are considered generally more physically "fit". They further compensate with fame and celebrity. As before, see how many celebrity black american men are with white women. Or how about black athletes or celebrities in the UK. Some term it self-hatred/loathing, but its pretty undeniable. Unless of course you can show figures to the contrary.

TV
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jul 11, 2014
TV

Summarise the content of the excerpt from YOUR source in your own words. Let us go through this. I will not let you or coogar or anyone else get away with your propganda.

HERE WE GO:

The data isn’t really conclusive in many cases:

Some studies report (source: 1,2,3,4,5) that black women are considered less attractive by some other ethnicities. The well-known Kanazawa study, which claimed that the nationally representative ADD Health survey found African women were less attractive, has been much criticized, most notably by Kaufman and Wicherts, who also found little to suggest differences between men of races.

Michael Lewis has done a series of three studies in the U.K., where the same trend in interracial marriages exists as in the U.S. All three show higher ratings of attractiveness for black men compared to white, and in the third, both over asian men. In all three as well, white women are rated more attractive than black women, and, in the last study, in which asian women are included, they are rated the most attractive. In one study mixed race male faces were rated intermediate to black and white male faces, but in another, were rated more highly (sources: 1,2,3). The studies, however, involve fairly small numbers of students, between 10 and 20 women rating men, and a similar number for men rating women.

A survey of over 2,500 whites asked which race they found most physically attractive, and found that overall 62.7% of women and 48.2% of men were most physically attracted to other whites, much of the rest claimed no preference, 12% of men and 3% of women found asians most attractive, and 1.5% of men and 1.9% of women found blacks most attractive. Political view had a very noticeable effect.

In another study, asian males were rated as least attractive, including by asian women, although asian men also rated asian women as less attractive than whites and hispanics. Black women were rated as the least attractive. White and asian women gave lower ratings of attractiveness to black men.

The data is not conclusive, but given the high sex-disparity in interracial marriages, it is plausible that there might be some difference.

If you fail to deal with the data appropriately, which you actually already have but I am giving you one more chance, you will stop to use any research to back up your oppressive world view.

I am waiting.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jul 11, 2014
coogar:

and university students aren't youths?
[b]it's only restrictions that stood in everyone's way. [/b]when there's no law, there's no crime. if there aren't breathalysers on motorways to pick out drivers under the influence, everyone would drink & drive. there won't be discipline without any restriction & it applies for kids & adults.

Not true.
Law enforcement and self-discipline and two sides of a coin - one enforced by the government, the other by you. When you have that leeway in freedoms, you have an environment that allows you to foster a character and develop that self-discipline. To gain a moral compass, and be responsible. You can handle yourself in that free society.

The laws stand to further protect you, and those around you.

I'm a university student. For how long is "youth" an excuse?

so tell us what makes anyone disciplined if not the laws governing that society, what is permissible in the society, etc? look at how nigerians obey traffic regulations abroad, compare it to how they drive when they get to lagos? you mean it's because they lack discipline? grin cheesy grin

There are regulations for just about anything, including traffic. They are designed to keep order and prevent accidents.That being said, these regulations shouldn't be the only thing keeping you from breaking the law. If that's the case, then yes, you lack self-discipline.

When weather conditions wreak havoc, poles come down, and police are nowhere to be found, people still follow the rules here.

there's no oppression in the middle east. they are not complaining. what defines an arab individual is family, honour & his religion. they do not joke with their religion unlike the infidels that mostly populate the western culture.

Lol @ infidels. Well, yh they do but that's beyond my point anyway. What you said was false. I was just correcting your statement.

according to your logic, born again christians in nigeria are all oppressed. nuns & reverend fathers are oppressed. hell, the pope himself is oppressed for following the fundamental principles of his religion. [/qoute]

You're shifting the goal post lol. The culture I experienced was oppressive. That is fact.

[quote]so what makes a society flourishing if not economic success? mention one poverty-stricken flourishing society & i will show you a flying green elephant at the centre of oyigbo market.

even libya(afro-arab) country was flourishing before the west went there & pulled down everything gadaffi put together. they had 24/7 electricity. newlyweds get $40,000 to start a family. no taxes, no utility bills, no interest rates in their banks.

all roads are tarred. every libyan has a roof over his head, unemployed graduates are paid salaries of what they would have earned if they are working. their students abroad get monthly allowance of $2500 from their government.

and that isn't a flourishing society? grin cheesy

Economy is just one pillar of success. Despite all that, knowing what I know, I still wouldn't want to live there. The type of culture/society you're dealing with an is extremely important factor. You'll only know how much by living it.

what's the difference?
you argued what 2 adults decide to do sêxually behind closed doors is strictly a private affair as long as it's consensual.......

and i am saying the same point should work for incêst. if 2 siblings decide to schtupp themselves behind closed doors in a consensual manner devoid of any child abuse, whose business is it? who is the victim?

why is incêst a taboo & homoêrotica isn't?

Because one is incèst. One is two unrelated adults, the other two siblings. To level the scenario, you'd have to make it about two sets of siblings, one homo and the other hetero.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by TV01(m): 11:13pm On Jul 11, 2014
Who are you waiting for grin! It's my bedtime 0! Don;t forget I'm married wink!

Did you not read it Please read the bolded very carefully.

And I did not that it would be hard to get conclusive data as it's a sensitive topic. But it's too obvious, moreso, we live it. I know of no black guy in the UK who hasn't dated a foreigner/white woman (except maybe those that arrived already wifed up grin).

Many I know are married to them. I spoke a while back about the party I went to where all black couples were a minority. Most of them were mixed and it was all black men with white women (and their mixed race pikin - I have them in my own family).

The same does not hold for black women. Note that Naijababe did not even question that point. And nobody here seriously would.

carefreewannabe: TV

Summarise the content of the excerpt from YOUR source in your own words. Let us go through this. I will not let you or coogar or anyone else get away with your propganda.

HERE WE GO:

The data isn’t really conclusive in many cases:

Some studies report (source: 1,2,3,4,5) that black women are considered less attractive by some other ethnicities. The well-known Kanazawa study, which claimed that the nationally representative ADD Health survey found African women were less attractive, has been much criticized, most notably by Kaufman and Wicherts, who also found little to suggest differences between men of races.

Michael Lewis has done a series of three studies in the U.K., where the same trend in interracial marriages exists as in the U.S. All three show higher ratings of attractiveness for black men compared to white, and in the third, both over asian men. In all three as well, white women are rated more attractive than black women, and, in the last study, in which asian women are included, they are rated the most attractive.
[i][/i]In one study mixed race male faces were rated intermediate to black and white male faces, but in another, were rated more highly (sources: 1,2,3). The studies, however, involve fairly small numbers of students, between 10 and 20 women rating men, and a similar number for men rating women.

A survey of over 2,500 whites asked which race they found most physically attractive, and found that overall 62.7% of women and 48.2% of men were most physically attracted to other whites, much of the rest claimed no preference, 12% of men and 3% of women found asians most attractive, and 1.5% of men and 1.9% of women found blacks most attractive. Political view had a very noticeable effect.

In another study, asian males were rated as least attractive, including by asian women, although asian men also rated asian women as less attractive than whites and hispanics. Black women were rated as the least attractive. White and asian women gave lower ratings of attractiveness to black men.

The data is not conclusive, but given the high sex-disparity in interracial marriages, it is plausible that there might be some difference.

If you fail to deal with the data appropriately, you will stop using any research to back up your oppressive world view.

I am waiting.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jul 11, 2014
TV01: Who are you waiting for grin! It's my bedtime 0! Don;t forget I'm married wink!

Did you not read it Please read the bolded very carefully.

You are 24 / 7 online and when confronted hide behind your wife's back? Why does it NOT surprise me?

It neither surprises me that you take data out of context. It tells me a lot about your level of education.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by TV01(m): 11:26pm On Jul 11, 2014
carefreewannabe:

You are 24 / 7 online and when confronted hide behind your wife's back? Why does it NOT surprise me?

It neither surprises me that you take data out of context. It tells me a lot about your level of education.

Why are you pained grin!
I'm not here as much as you, but even if I am, why are you concerned, let alone peppered?
As far my education, think what you please, I have made no claims as too my intelligence or academic prowess.

Needless to say, I possess enough of both to traduce feminist wannabees and understand that a female leader does not a matriarchy make grin!

The fact remains; where there are significant population mixes, especially with multi-ethnic minorities, black women are typically "perceived" as lower in attractiveness on aggregate.Whilst black men are typically ranked "relatively higher.

And for you last dose of hurt this evening; even among majority black communities, light skin is typically perceived as more attractive. Believe me, I don't sit here making this stuff up to depress NL pseudo-feminists. It's unfortunately all true.

Let me go and check if madam is receptive. Wanna see pix cool?

Toodles.

TV
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by coogar: 11:33pm On Jul 11, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:
Not true.
Law enforcement and self-discipline and two sides of a coin - one enforced by the government, the other by you. When you have that leeway in freedoms, you have an environment that allows you to foster a character and develop that self-discipline. To gain a moral compass, and be responsible. You can handle yourself in that free society.

when you have leeways in freedom, all kinda extra shyte comes along. teenage pregnancy, drug problems, pròstitution, robbery, etc all become a major problem. look at the teenage pregnancy in your so called western society? i guess that sits well with you, doesn't it?

The laws stand to further protect you, and those around you.

protect who? which laws? the ones that say polygamy is criminal but homòsexuality is permissible? you could make sense from such?

I'm a university student. For how long is "youth" an excuse?

youth = 16-24.
by 24, most students are out of the university sef. so how aren't they youths? what are they? infants?

There are regulations for just about anything, including traffic. They are designed to keep order and prevent accidents.That being said, these regulations shouldn't be the only thing keeping you from breaking the law. If that's the case, then yes, you lack self-discipline.

but just before DUI became a big issue, people drank & drove. it's not because they lacked discipline - it's just what it is. many responsible people in nigeria today still drink & drive and that's because there's really no law clamping on such as of yet. are you going to say there have no self-discipline. all those big mommas & papas in owambe parties - many of them pillars of the society drink & drive. when there's no law, there's simply no offence.

When weather conditions wreak havoc, poles come down, and police are nowhere to be found, people still follow the rules here.

this has nothing to do with drinking & driving. even with the laws here, police still catch hundreds of motorists everyday caught drinking & driving.

Lol @ infidels. Well, yh they do but that's beyond my point anyway. What you said was false. I was just correcting your statement.

prove it that my assertion was false.

Economy is just one pillar of success. Despite all that, knowing what I know, I still wouldn't want to live there. The type of culture/society you're dealing with an is extremely important factor. You'll only know how much by living it.

that's your preference then - not because you can really prove they are being oppressed. there are many other flourishing societies one may not wish to stay.....but it wouldn't be because one thinks those societies are oppressed. let's leave sentiments out of this. the arab societies thrive very well.

Because one is incèst. One is two unrelated adults, the other two siblings. To level the scenario, you'd have to make it about two sets of siblings, one homo and the other hetero.

incëst isn't any different from homosëxuality - they both involve 2 consenting adults doing whatever they wish in their privacy. there's no victim & there's no aggressor. your point initially was it concerns people's private lives so i see no difference with incëst.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jul 11, 2014
TV01:

Why are you pained grin!

I am not pained, I am annoyed by people who do not know how to deal with statistics but still use them.

I'm not here as much as you, but even if I am, why are you concerned, let alone peppered?
As far my education, think what you please, I have made no claims as too my intelligence or academic prowess.

You show that you have no academic background EVERY DAY. You post texts and statistics you do NOT understand and do NOT know how to read. You violate every rule for reading statistics. Do not make use of research if you do NOT know how.

Needless to say, I possess enough of both to traduce feminist wannabees and understand that a female leader does not a matriarchy make grin!

The fact remains; where there are significant population mixes, especially with multi-ethnic minorities, black women are typically "perceived" as lower in attractiveness on aggregate.Whilst black men are typically ranked "relatively higher.

Black men are also considered backward. You would be considered extra backward By white people. No offence, I am very serious.

And for you last dose of hurt this evening; even among majority black communities, light skin is typically perceived as more attractive. Believe me, I don't sit here making this stuff up to depress NL pseudo-feminists. It's unfortunately all true.

Let me go and check if madam is receptive. Wanna see pix cool?

Toodles.

TV

A man who is scared of women cannot hurt me. Keep fighting and insulting women when men from other races are busy developing themselves and the world. wink
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by coogar: 11:54pm On Jul 11, 2014
professor satoshi kazanawa:
"The only thing I can think of that might potentially explain the lower average level of physical attractiveness among black women is testosterone.

The race differences in the level of testosterone can therefore potentially explain why black women are less physically attractive than women of other races, while (net of intelligence) black men are more physically attractive than men of other races."

hahahaha - the truth hurts!
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jul 11, 2014
carefreewannabe:

A man who is scared of women cannot hurt me. Keep fighting and insulting women

And here I was, thinking you were a feminist. Please, forgive my ignorance.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 12:44am On Jul 12, 2014
coogar:

when you have leeways in freedom, all kinda extra shyte comes along. teenage pregnancy, drug problems, pròstitution, robbery, etc all become a major problem. look at the teenage pregnancy in your so called western society? i guess that sits well with you, doesn't it

A population analysis would reveal the proportion in which these problems occur. It's a problem, but it's containable. Furthermore, I hardly expect to live in a problem-free society, and I feel far more comfortable living in a society with this set of problems than I do with the grave, stomach-wrenching issues I saw there.

I feel safe where I am, and don't really encounter these issues anyway.

protect who? which laws? the ones that say polygamy is criminal but homòsexuality is permissible? you could make sense from such?

Lol thats your own cultural issue. You're an immigrant, no? Polygamy is a thing in your culture, not theirs. Why expect them to make sense of, and adopt your foreign customs?

The public's acceptance of homosexuality is a fairly recent development.

youth = 16-24.
by 24, most students are out of the university sef. so how aren't they youths? what are they? infants?

A 16 year old in university
A university student = Adult.

but just before DUI became a big issue, people drank & drove. it's not because they lacked discipline - it's just what it is. many responsible people in nigeria today still drink & drive and that's because there's really no law clamping on such as of yet. are you going to say there have no self-discipline. all those big mommas & papas in owambe parties - many of them pillars of the society drink & drive. when there's no law, there's simply no offence.

Yes, that shows a severe lack of self-discipline!!! How can one drink and drive!? I lost someone I loved because some bastard decided to drink and drive.

And guess what? That's why it "became a big issue"! It causes fatalities. I don't care who does it, they're not being "responsible" in doing so.

this has nothing to do with drinking & driving. even with the laws here, police still catch hundreds of motorists everyday caught drinking & driving.

Yes, and those laws are in place to protect the public from all the flaming idiots that would operate vehicles in an inebriated state.

that's your preference then - not because you can really prove they are being oppressed. there are many other flourishing societies one may not wish to stay.....but it wouldn't be because one thinks those societies are oppressed. let's leave sentiments out of this. the arab societies thrive very well.

It's more than a preference. It's a fact lived. Arab societies are backward.

incëst isn't any different from homosëxuality - they both involve 2 consenting adults doing whatever they wish in their privacy. there's no victim & there's no aggressor. your point initially was it concerns people's private lives so i see no difference with incëst.

They're different, and you know it. We've gone through this before, and this is a distasteful argument anyway so let's let it go...

Anyway, take care.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 5:33am On Jul 12, 2014
carefreewannabe:

True that. What a word lol

1 Like

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 9:00am On Jul 12, 2014
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by pickabeau1: 9:30am On Jul 12, 2014
Carefreewannabe

You say you like being objective

Insulting his family is not

Let's discuss your post

Michael Lewis has done a series of three studies in the U.K., where the same trend in interracial marriages exists as in the U.S. All three show higher ratings of attractiveness for black men compared to white, and in the third, both over asian men. In all three as well, white women are rated more attractive than black women, and, in the last study, in which asian women are included, they are rated the most attractive. In one study mixed race male faces were rated intermediate to black and white male faces, but in another, were rated more highly (sources: 1,2,3). The studies, however, involve fairly small numbers of students, between 10 and 20 women rating men, and a similar number for men rating women.

Conclusion:
There is a marginal preference for black men over black women in the survey sample YOU posted

.4 percent

The black female was the least 1.5%

If you fail to deal with the data appropriately, which you actually already have but I am giving you one more chance, you will stop to use any research to back up your oppressive world view.

The third research says the same thing
And puts a caveat about inconclusiveness which cannot be quantified in the research.

These 3 surveys support TV01's assertion

What were you trying to point out or is there something missed out.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 12, 2014

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (43) (Reply)

Wife Catches Her Husband With Side Chick / My Uncle Slapped His Wife For Denying Him Sex Because Today Sunday!! / Woman Gives Birth To Snake In Umuahia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.