Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,696 members, 7,820,432 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? - Family (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? (49700 Views)

Bayelsa Girl Forced To Marry Hausa Muslim Lover / They Came Out Of The Room Sweating, But She Said They Didn't Have Sex! / Is It Right To Stop Poor Folks From Having Kids They can't Cater For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 11:46am On Jul 12, 2014
Iincest is distasteful, homosexxuality is not! Well, we learn everyday. What would one do without nairaland pure morals/moralist department.

1 Like

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by coogar: 1:02pm On Jul 12, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:
A population analysis would reveal the proportion in which these problems occur. It's a problem, but it's containable. Furthermore, I hardly expect to live in a problem-free society, and I feel far more comfortable living in a society with this set of problems than I do with the grave, stomach-wrenching issues I saw there.

it's not containable - it's been a problem for aeons. kids in western countries are rotten. freedom & rights have turned them into unruly zombies with no shame & decorum! go & check the stats, it's a national embarrassment!

I feel safe where I am, and don't really encounter these issues anyway.

the students in columbine were safe until eric harris & his mate took AK-47 to school to maim them. nowhere is safe!

Lol thats your own cultural issue. You're an immigrant, no? Polygamy is a thing in your culture, not theirs. Why expect them to make sense of, and adopt your foreign customs?

and homòsexuality is their culture? you mean their forefathers who were mainly christians were hömosexuals? do you know the stance of church of england over gay marriage? you are not making any sense. mormons in america practise polygamy till this day......

The public's acceptance of homosexuality is a fairly recent development.

it isn't - it's always been there. marriage between them is the fairly recent development. there have been gay bars for aeons in the society.

A 16 year old in university
A university student = Adult.

there are 16 year-olds in universities. university students are youths = young adults!

Yes, that shows a severe lack of self-discipline!!! How can one drink and drive!? I lost someone I loved because some bastard decided to drink and drive.

people drink & drive.
party goers with cars all drink & drive. the quantity taken may vary but drinking & driving isn't a taboo happens every day of the week.

And guess what? That's why it "became a big issue"! It causes fatalities. I don't care who does it, they're not being "responsible" in doing so.

define responsibility?

Yes, and those laws are in place to protect the public from all the flaming idiots that would operate vehicles in an inebriated state.

and i am saying even with the laws, it's a common offence on our roads 24/7. responsibility isn't the issue here....a family man who probably heads his organisation & has never had a felony case isn't responsibly just because he had one drink too many?

It's more than a preference. It's a fact lived. Arab societies are backward.

says the lover of a society where humans marry animals, where teenage pregnancy is the highest in the world, where hömosexuality is the new cool, where illegitimate births keep soaring, where divorce rate is skyrocketing, where family values are depreciating!

what's more backward than a society that went back to the days of sodom & gomorrah?

They're different, and you know it. We've gone through this before, and this is a distasteful argument anyway so let's let it go...

Anyway, take care.

don't just tell me they are different - prove why they are different!!! come on - show me how clued up you are on the subject matter.

2 Likes

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jul 12, 2014
TV01:
I''ll start anecdotally first.
Ever seen a Chinese man with a black woman? How about an Indian man? I didn't think so. Not saying it doesn't happen. Kinda like hens teeth grin! I have seen black men married to Chinese women and know Indian women who have relinquished their heritage to marry black men
How about closer to home. Can you or anyone else here advise if in their immediate and extended family their has been marriage "out"? Isn't it typically the men - all things being equal.

Between close friends and family I know about 5 interracial marriages, only one is a black male/ white female union. The remaining 4 are black female/white male unions. Trust me man, black women are beginning to step out.

Obviously marrying out racially is only of real statistical significance where countries societies have significant racial mixes. Like many European/Western countries.
Here are a few links;
http://unsafeharbour./2012/02/09/who-is-attracted-to-who/
- low "perceived" attractiveness of black women
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/a-black-and-white-issue-the-future-of-society-is-mixed-425828.html
- Up to 50% of black men in the UK in mixed relationships (which given the relative weights of the races says it all. And it's almost certainly with white women. Meaning lots of black women are sharing, going with out or dating out. And there is nothing to demonstrate they are marrying out.)
The internet is full of it. Papers, surveys, discussion panels. Obviously it's a bit sensitive, so hard to get exact figures, gender splits or attractiveness rating. And I'd suspect that dating is one thing and marriage another, But I'm sure the figures correlate.
We see too much to think anything else. How about the vitriol black women have for white women that steal "their men". Or the fury at black men who marry out. Especially the high profile ones. Check out Omari Hardwick the love interest from "Being Mary Jane". Black women on the net went into meltdown when they found out he had a white - and average looking - wife.
That has been going on for years

Nor only are black men ranked relatively "more attractive", the foreign women that marry them are typically less demanding/more forgiving. Even if you argue it's typically lower class white women/foreigners. And whilst they are considered generally more physically "fit". They further compensate with fame and celebrity. As before, see how many celebrity black american men are with white women. Or how about black athletes or celebrities in the UK. Some term it self-hatred/loathing, but its pretty undeniable. Unless of course you can show figures to the contrary.
TV

On the contrary, black men and women are at the bottom of the pile, you are right though that we still largely prefer to marry black men. Speaking specifically for myself, in the late 90s a few of my friends that went to red brick Unis would complain about the dearth of decent young black men within our social strata, note that there were lots of interest from non-black men. We just couldn't see ourselves with men of other races; I will take Lenny Kravitz everyday and all day long over Jonny Depp and Brad Pitt, the poster boys of my day. But black women are beginning to marry out and tend to marry up (at least equal or higher economic /social status) while black men often marry down. And as we all know the percentage of educated black women is much higher than of black men.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2511049/Online-dating-app-reveals-race-matters-romance.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interracial_marriage_in_the_United_States

Education and interracial marriage
Using PUMS data from both the 1980 and 1990 US Census to determine trends within interracial marriage among Caucasian Americans, African Americans, and Asian Americans, it may be seen that endogamy (marrying within race) was more prevalent for African American men at lower education levels.[citation needed] In 1980, the numbers were as follows: African American males without a high-school diploma participated in endogamy at 96.5%; for those who received a high-school diploma, 95.6%; for those with a college degree and above, the percentage of endogamy were 94.0%.[citation needed] Therefore, the total change in percentage among African American men with a college degree was merely 2.5%.[citation needed] The rates for African American women changed very little with different educational levels. For the African American woman who had not received a high school diploma the rate was 98.7%, high school diploma was 98.6%, with some college it was 98.2%, and college degree or higher, 98.5%.[citation needed] During this time there was a significant increase in marriages between Caucasians and African Americans, maintaining that African Americans are most likely to marry Caucasians over other groups. .[citation needed]

The 1990 results show that rates of endogamy dropped for both males and females, albeit more for the African American male.[citation needed] In 1990, an African American male with a college degree and more was participating in endogamy at 90.4%; for an African American female with the same educational level, 96.4%.[citation needed] The results for the propensity of individuals at higher educational attainment levels to participate less in endogamy over the 10-year period were similar across races, including Caucasians, Hispanics, and Asian Americans.[citation needed]

Socio-economic background
Several studies have found that a factor which significantly affects an individual's choices with regards to marriage is socio-economic status ("SES"wink-- the measure of a person's income, education, social class, profession, etc. For example, a study by the Centre for Behaviour and Evolution, Newcastle University confirmed that women show a tendency to marry up in socio-economic status; this reduces the probability of marriage of low SES men.[7]

Research at the universities of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) and Texas A&M addressing the topic of socio-economic status, among other factors, showed that none of the socio-economic status variables appeared to be positively related to outmarriage within the Asian American community, and found lower-socioeconomically stable Asians sometimes utilized outmarriage to Whites as a means to advance social status.[8]

2 Likes

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by TV01(m): 4:24pm On Jul 12, 2014
naijababe:
Between close friends and family I know about 5 interracial marriages, only one is a black male/ white female union. The remaining 4 are black female/white male unions. Trust me man, black women are beginning to step out.
I'll take your rejoinder regards your friends and family without quibble, but generally in the UK we both know what obtains - all things being equal.

I'm not denying that black women are stepping out, or increasingly so. Just that Black men are ahead of them and continue to outpace them in doing so. And they are totally comfortable with it.

I've only ever come across black females who express angst about marrying-out, or always consider it a last resort. Whereas for the men, it's always a personal preference and about the individuals not the race.

naijababe:
On the contrary, black men and women are at the bottom of the pile
Please don't drag us down with you grin! Black men are highly prized as partners (even if not for marriage per se) by woman globally. There was a period when Indian girls in Wembley had mad "jungle fever". Not sure how many translated into marriage, bu the desire is there. I personally know Indian girls who are in serious dilemma due to their preference for black men.

naijababe:
you are right though that we still largely prefer to marry black men. Speaking specifically for myself, in the late 90s a few of my friends that went to red brick Unis would complain about the dearth of decent young black men within our social strata, note that there were lots of interest from non-black men. We just couldn't see ourselves with men of other races;
And that dearth was partly due to "black male flight" to women of other races, as well as the higher upward mobility of black women.

It's Uni na, Anne Widdicombe would get plenty of interest if she enrolled grin! The simple truth is that the rate of preference for black men by women of other races far outstrips the rate of preference for black women by men of other races - regardless of the social strata. In fact, despite it, many non-black women date or marry down when they get with black men.

naijababe:
I will take Lenny Kravitz everyday and all day long over Jonny Depp and Brad Pitt, the poster boys of my day. But black women are beginning to marry out and tend to marry up (at least equal or higher economic /social status)
Women in general always look to marry up. It never used to be as pronounced in Western/developed nations, but it's starting to make a comeback.

After all, having to marry down in terms of "desirability" and also marry down in terms of social status would be too much to bear. Double sufferhead for the sistas grin.

naijababe:
while black men often marry down. And as we all know the percentage of educated black women is much higher than of black men.
Apart from it being in some part the reverse of my point above, the truth is they tend to marry at mostly "their level". Black women tend to be more hypergamous and so are torn between marrying laterally, marrying out or not marrying - all unpalatable choices.

As for educated percentages, across blacks as a whole I'd agree, I wouldn't think it's that pronounced amongst Nigerians.

naijababe:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2511049/Online-dating-app-reveals-race-matters-romance.html
I read this. Some points, but the only consistently repeated theme is black women as least desirable. Other studies contradict the same of black men.

naijababe:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interracial_marriage_in_the_United_States
Read this as well. This table captures the relatively higher incidence (and by corallary desire) of black men marrying out. And this is in the US, with historically entrenched racism. In the UK 50% of black men are with non-black partners. Again, I don't think that will be as pronounced amongst Nigerians, but it will still be notable, and it has to present a dilemma for black women. We see this in the hatred black women have for non-black women who "steal their men" and the black men who date/marry them.

Married couples in the United States in 2010 (easier to make sense of the table/numbers from the link)

White Wife Black Wife Asian Wife Other Wife

White Husband 50,410,000 168,000 529,000 487,000
Black Husband 390,000 4,072,000 39,000 66,000
Asian Husband 219,000 9,000 2,855,000 28,000
Other Husband 488,000 18,000 37,000 568,000

TV
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jul 12, 2014
freshdude2: Iincest is distasteful, homosexxuality is not! Well, we learn everyday. What would one do without nairaland pure morals/moralist department.

See the FP for an incèst story. I'm not ashamed to say that I find it unbelievably disgusting, and that gay couples do not evoke similar feelings in me. Boohoo.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jul 12, 2014
pickabeau1: Carefreewannabe

You say you like being objective

Insulting his family is not

Let's discuss your post

Conclusion:
There is a marginal preference for black men over black women in the survey sample YOU posted

.4 percent

The black female was the least 1.5%

The third research says the same thing
And puts a caveat about inconclusiveness which cannot be quantified in the research.

These 3 surveys support TV01's assertion

What were you trying to point out or is there something missed out.

Where did I insult his family?

Is it how you deal with statistics? Take your time to answer this question.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by pickabeau1: 7:39pm On Jul 12, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Where did I insult his family?

Is it how you deal with statistics? Take your time to answer this question.

If u feel your statement about His family was justified no problem

Is that how I deal with statistics?

This question is vague....

I asked what was the premise of your post as the examples cited support the hypothesis you were trying to counter

So explain your position
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 12, 2014
pickabeau1:

If u feel your statement about His family was justified no problem

Is that how I deal with statistics?

This question is vague....

I asked what was the premise of your post as the examples cited support the hypothesis you were trying to counter

So explain your position

Quote where I insulted his family.

1 Like

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 12, 2014
coogar:
not containable - it's been a problem for aeons. kids in western countries are rotten. freedom & rights have turned them into unruly zombies with no shame & decorum! go & check the stats, it's a national embarrassment!
the students in columbine were safe until eric harris & his mate took AK-47 to school to maim them. nowhere is safe!

Rant!
You keep foaming at the mouth about (1) teen pregnancies, (2) drug abuse, and now (3) gun control. Let's address the stats.

1. TP: In 1991, the U.S. teen birth rate was 61.8 births for every 1,000 adolescent females, compared with 26.6 births for every 1,000 adolescent females in 2013. The teen birth rate has declined continuously over the past 20 years. Between 1990 and 2010 (the most recent year for which data are available), the teen pregnancy rate declined by 51 percent—from 116.9 to 57.4 pregnancies per 1,000 teen girls. Furthermore, these stats actually include legal adults. Most adolescents who give birth are 18 or older; in 2012, 72 percent of all teen births occurred to 18- to 19-year-olds. Thirdly, the influx of recent Hispanic immigrants is partially responsible for our numbers. Hispanic adolescent females ages 15-19 have the highest TP birth rate in the US.

Summary: On the Decline by 51%, stats include legal adults (18/19 year olds), recent immigrant element.

(2) Drug Abuse: An estimated 12.8 million Americans, about 6 percent of the household population aged twelve and older, use illegal drugs on a current basis (within the past thirty days). This number of "past-month" drug users has declined by almost 50 percent from the 1979 high of twenty-five million -- a decrease that represents an extraordinary change in behavior. Despite the dramatic drop, more than a third of all Americans twelve and older have tried an illicit drug. Ninety percent of those who have used illegal drugs used marijuana or hashish. Approximately a third used cocaine or took a prescription type drug for nonmedical reasons. About a fifth used LSD. Fortunately, nearly sixty million Americans who used illicit drugs during youth, as adults reject these substances.

Summary: On the decline by 50%, and overwhelmingly deals with weed!

(3) Guns: A huge discussion all it's own. I'm pro-guns btw.

and homòsexuality is their culture? you mean their forefathers who were mainly christians were hömosexuals? do you know the stance of church of england over gay marriage?
it isn't - it's always been there. marriage between them is the fairly recent development. there have been gay bars for aeons in the society.

You contradict yourself with the bolded.

Anyway, The change toward acceptance of homosexuality began in the late 1980s after years of remaining relatively constant. In 1973, 70 percent of people felt same-sex relations are “always wrong,” and in 1987, 75 percent held that view. By 2000, however, that number dropped to 54 percent and by 2010 was down to 43.5 percent. As you can see, gay marriage aside, nearly half the population is still anti - homosexuality! Lol @ gay bars for eons.

you are not making any sense. mormons in america practice polygamy till this day......

That's just one sect of Christianity, and not much to go on when the rest of the Christians, and the general population has always hailed monogamy in marriage.

Besides that, that practice was discontinued in the Mormon Church in 1890 - over 120r years ago. Polygamy was prevalent @ 10-20% among the Mormon elite (financially able). Anyone belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints today who practices polygamy is excommunicated.

people drink & drive.
party goers with cars all drink & drive. the quantity taken may vary but drinking & driving isn't a taboo happens every day of the week.
define responsibility?

It is taboo! As a driver, you're obligated to make sure you're not endangering the lives of pedestrians and fellow motorists by driving drunk! Where is your sense of self discipline? It's your responsibility: your obligation. Your duty! Period!

and i am saying even with the laws, it's a common offence on our roads 24/7. responsibility isn't the issue here....a family man who probably heads his organisation & has never had a felony case isn't responsibly just because he had one drink too many?

Whether you're the head an organization or a high school dropout, you're not responsible if you drink and drive.
How is this even a point of argument? angry angry

says the lover of a society where humans marry animals, where teenage pregnancy is the highest in the world, where hömosexuality is the new cool, where illegitimate births keep soaring, where divorce rate is skyrocketing, where family values are depreciating!

Rant again!
Beastiality Marriages: Uhh No!
Divorce: 50/50, more ppl are opting out of failed and irreconcilable marriages. Bad thing?
Etcetera...see above.

what's more backward than a society that went back to the days of sodom & gomorrah?

Homosexuals are everywhere, however it is you may feel about them.

Is that from the same Bible that oh-so-innocently informs us of how Lot, the PROPHET of the Sodom/Gomorrah population, was repeatedly lured into drunken sex with 2 of his daughters in unions that produced 2 grandsons. Pray, was this before or after Sodom & Gomorrah were annihilated for sodomy?

don't just tell me they are different - prove why they are different!!! come on - show me how clued up you are on the subject matter.

Since you insist on pursuing this, here are some of my points.

1. Incèst is a particular attraction to a family member, while homosexuality is an orientation. Denying the unhealthy attraction to particular family members is justifiable because of the billions of other options out there. Denying a homosexual (who cannot feel contently in love with the opposite sex) their orientation is cruel because it denies them not only of a particular interest, but their entire life of love.

2. Genetic problems caused by incèst, not evident in homosexuality. Also incèst may not necessarily involve two consensual adults like homosexuality -there's a statistically high prevalence of abuse with incèst.

3. If people are not convinced by the first argument, a.k.a saying incestual reproduction can be avoided through protection - Incèst disrupts relationships between child and sibling, or child and parent, while homosexuality involves two distinct individuals, consenting adults of the same orientation.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 12, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

See the FP for an incèst story. I'm not ashamed to say that I find it unbelievably disgusting, and that gay couples do not evoke similar feelings in me. Boohoo.

Not a problem sweety. Morality is personal, that's why armed robbers pay tithe and "seek the face of God" befor going out on their endeavours. And never mind the iincest disgust you feel now, perhaps in your children's generation it will be accorded the same respect as homosexualiity. It's all a matter of time, all it takes is a group of courageous perverts and before you know it....Slow and steady, they say, wins the race.

*Here, a handkerchief for your tears. You're welcome. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by coogar: 8:54pm On Jul 12, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:
Rant!
You keep foaming at the mouth about (1) teen pregnancies, (2) drug abuse, and now (3) gun control. Let's address the stats.

1. TP: In 1991, the U.S. teen birth rate was 61.8 births for every 1,000 adolescent females, compared with 26.6 births for every 1,000 adolescent females in 2013. The teen birth rate has declined continuously over the past 20 years. Between 1990 and 2010 (the most recent year for which data are available), the teen pregnancy rate declined by 51 percent—from 116.9 to 57.4 pregnancies per 1,000 teen girls. Furthermore, these stats actually include legal adults. Most adolescents who give birth are 18 or older; in 2012, 72 percent of all teen births occurred to 18- to 19-year-olds. Thirdly, the influx of recent Hispanic immigrants is partially responsible for our numbers. Hispanic adolescent females ages 15-19 have the highest TP birth rate in the US.

Summary: On the Decline by 51%, stats include legal adults (18/19 year olds), recent immigrant element.

to say you are daft would be an insult to all the patients of trisomy-13. why use a gazillion words when about 2 sentences would suffice. the reduction or increment in continental US doesn't mean shyte - a true assessment would be to compare america with other countries of the world and america fares very badly. when you give kids so much freedom, they abuse it.

[img]http://teenpregnancy101.files./2010/07/chart.jpg[/img]

(2) Drug Abuse: An estimated 12.8 million Americans, about 6 percent of the household population aged twelve and older, use illegal drugs on a current basis (within the past thirty days). This number of "past-month" drug users has declined by almost 50 percent from the 1979 high of twenty-five million -- a decrease that represents an extraordinary change in behavior. Despite the dramatic drop, more than a third of all Americans twelve and older have tried an illicit drug. Ninety percent of those who have used illegal drugs used marijuana or hashish. Approximately a third used cocaine or took a prescription type drug for nonmedical reasons. About a fifth used LSD. Fortunately, nearly sixty million Americans who used illicit drugs during youth, as adults reject these substances.

Summary: On the decline by 50%, and overwhelmingly deals with weed!

yet another daft assessment - that drug usage in america is reducing or increasing says nothing in the grand scheme of things. what's to say the usage isn't decreasing globally. why not compare the US with other countries as far as drug usage goes?

(3) Guns: A huge discussion all it's own. I'm pro-guns btw.

i am not surprised you are pro-gun! anyone bereft of intelligence would be pro-gun. what has that right changed in the US? murder rate hasn't decreased, capital punishment has not deterred murder/homicide and yet you are pro-gun? your IQ must be in a single digit!

You contradict yourself with the bolded.

how so?

Anyway, The change toward acceptance of homosexuality began in the late 1980s after years of remaining relatively constant. In 1973, 70 percent of people felt same-sex relations are “always wrong,” and in 1987, 75 percent held that view. By 2000, however, that number dropped to 54 percent and by 2010 was down

rubbish - stop quoting google and pretending to be smart. no one gives two hoots about when & how hömosexual relationships started. giving them the rights to join together in matrimony is the issue at hand! you could develop a relationship with your puppy & fellatë on it, that's your business - but don't force such repulsive romance on the rest of the populace because you suddenly have rights to do so.

That's just one sect of Christianity, and not much to go on when the rest of the Christians, and the general population has always hailed monogamy in marriage.

the bottom line is whether it's practised in america or not. who cares if it's one sect of buddhism?

Besides that, that practice was discontinued in the Mormon Church in 1890 - over 120r years ago. Polygamy was prevalent @ 10-20% among the Mormon elite (financially able). Anyone belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints today who practices polygamy is excommunicated.

hogwash!
polygamy is still practised in many parts of america today. it wasn't discontinued or whatever you came up with on google. many christians in america still have more than one wife in their homes.

It is taboo! As a driver, you're obligated to make sure you're not endangering the lives of pedestrians and fellow motorists by driving drunk! Where is your sense of self discipline? It's your responsibility: your obligation. Your duty! Period!

and i am saying people still drink & drive and it's a matter of who got caught. many responsible people have been caught drinking & driving. majority of them have a clean record too.

Whether you're the head an organization or a high school dropout, you're not responsible if you drink and drive. How is this even a point of argument? angry angry

define responsibility?
who am i arguing with for feck's sake? how much is too much? you can drink & drive and not even fail the test. the key is not having too much to drink when you drive, it's not that people don't drive at all even when they have had so little to drink.

Rant again!
Beastiality: Uhh No!
Divorce: 50/50, more ppl are opting out of failed and irreconcilable marriages. Bad thing?
Etcetera...see above.

and what's the consequence of the 50/50 divorce rate? how many kids in america today are growing up with their 2 biological parents? what becomes of those kids with no father figure? no wonder your prisons are filled to the brim with criminals. divorce is responsible for the premature death of men, women & children. shame on you for using a stüpid excuse that people are opting out of irreconcilable marriages. who forced them into marriage in the first place?

Homosexuals are everywhere, however it is you may feel about them.

maybe in your household, definitely not where i am at.

Is that from the same Bible that oh-so-innocently informs us of how Lot, the PROPHET of the Sodom/Gomorrah population, was repeatedly lured into drunken sex with 2 of his daughters in unions that produced 2 grandsons. Pray was this before or after Sodom & Gomorrah were annihilated for sodomy?

that was before christ came into the world. there were no christians before christ. what else do you have to say?

Since you insist on pursuing this, here are some of my points.

1. Incèst is a particular attraction to a family member, while homosexuality is an orientation. Denying the unhealthy attraction to particular family members is justifiable because of the billions of other options out there. Denying a homosexual (who cannot feel contently in love with the opposite sex) their orientation is cruel because it denies them not only of a particular interest, but their entire life of love.

2. Genetic problems caused by incèst, not evident in homosexuality. Also incèst may not necessarily involve two consensual adults like homosexuality -there's a statistically high prevalence of abuse with incèst.

3. If people are not convinced by the first argument, a.k.a saying incestual reproduction can be avoided through protection - Incèst disrupts relationships between child and sibling, or child and parent, while homosexuality involves two distinct individuals.

your propensity to stretch the borders of daftness is peerless. your point initially was hinged on privacy, harmlessness & the fact that there was no victim.

by the same token, incëst is a private matter, it's harmless & there's no victim or culprit. so argue from that POV instead of flip-flopping like a fish that jumped outta water onto a dry surface.

3 Likes

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by pickabeau1: 9:00pm On Jul 12, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Quote where I insulted his family.

If you think a post where it seems you insinuated he hides behind his wife is not insulting then don't bother

I'm awaiting for your response on the stats you posted

Up Brasil cry
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by pickabeau1: 9:04pm On Jul 12, 2014
Not a penalty

The ref chose the lesser of two evils

Goal for van persie

brazil in trouble
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 12, 2014
^^ In Sagamite's words: You are a product of a failed education system. This is not an insult, this is a FACT.

1. What does the first graphic show? It says "Rate per 1000 women in population aged 15-19". Rate of WHAT?

Is it how you learned to quote in school? Or didn't they teach you such things?

2. Where is the source the graphic is taken from?

You didn't learn that you have to provide the source when you use statistics, quotes etc? shocked shocked shocked

And you will say the rate is so high because children have freedom? grin grin grin grin Why is Germany then not at the top of the graphic? grin

3. Does your second graphic show any development over time or a status quo at a certain point in time? Let me answer for you, it does NOT show any development over a period of time and therefore is not qualified to refute your opponent's aargument who talked about DEVELOPMENT.

4. Where is the source again? You did NOT only learn that you have to provide the source, you also did NOT learn that there are trustworthy and untrustworthy sources.

Any well educated person knows such things so stop making a fool of yourself.

1 Like

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jul 12, 2014
pickabeau1:

If you think a post where it seems you insinuated he hides behind his wife is not insulting then don't bother

I'm awaiting for your response on the stats you posted

Up Brasil cry

Is it an insult to his wife or family?
Why don't you quote it?

I will come back to your way of reading statistics. You better not beg for it.

1 Like

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by spiralwedge(m): 9:12pm On Jul 12, 2014
Cc
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jul 12, 2014
spiralwedge: I know of a guy who was hypnotised by a desperate lady. When he accidentally found the charm in the girl's apartment in her absence, his eyes opened. He took the charm away to burn and moved away from the city entirely. Few weeks later, the lady called him to inform him she was a month pregnant. The guy refused to discuss or have anything to do with her till today. He later heard that she didn't abort the baby but went ahead to have it.. while spreading mischievous stories to exonerate herself of any wrongdoing.

what is your say?

We are in the 21st century. Wake up.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by pickabeau1: 9:14pm On Jul 12, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Is it an insult to his wife or family?
Why don't you quote it?

I will come back to your way of reading statistics. You better not beg for it.

Why are u disturbing yourself
You say you did not insult.. Then forget it...right?

When you are ready to discuss stats..let me know..
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by pickabeau1: 9:17pm On Jul 12, 2014
2 nil.. cry cry
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 12, 2014
pickabeau1:

Why are u disturbing yourself
You say you did not insult.. Then forget it...right?

When you are ready to discuss stats..let me know..

I will teach you to back up your claims in future, you and your crew. Prove where I insulted his family. It is NOT the first time you and your likes misquote me and then refuse to give evidence.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by pickabeau1: 9:20pm On Jul 12, 2014
Teach me?. .. grin..now you are being hilarious
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 12, 2014
pickabeau1:

Teach me?. .. grin..now you are being hilarious

Quote me.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by pickabeau1: 9:26pm On Jul 12, 2014
I will not...

The issue here is that you feel you are justified when you made such a remark which could be deemed flippant

Telling him he is cowardly hiding behind his family

Yet you are putting up a maskbpf bravado

If you will not discuss the stats you brought up..do not bother..

I'm feeling bad for Brazil who is being dealt a hiding by the Dutch..guess I'm hiding too... smiley
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 12, 2014
pickabeau1: I will not...

The issue here is that you feel you are justified when you made such a remark which could be deemed flippant

Telling him he is cowardly hiding behind his family

Yet you are putting up a maskbpf bravado

If you will not discuss the stats you brought up..do not bother..

I'm feeling bad for Brazil who is being dealt a hiding by the Dutch..guess I'm hiding too... smiley

Now it could be "deemed flippant" grin I thought I insulted his family BUT, hey, there is no evidence.

You want to talk about scientific research with me when you misquote simple statements?

I posted long paragraphs and you picked two random sentences to give a DISTORTED summary.
I guess you were blinded by the sun when you decided NOT to see the rest and the introduction.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by coogar: 9:34pm On Jul 12, 2014
carefreewannabe: ^^ In Sagamite's words: You are a product of a failed education system. This is not an insult, this is a FACT.

1. What does the first graphic show? It says "Rate per 1000 women in population aged 15-19". Rate of WHAT?

Is it how you learned to quote in school? Or didn't they teach you such things?

2. Where is the source the graphic is taken from?

You didn't learn that you have to provide the source when you use statistics, quotes etc? shocked shocked shocked

And you will say the rate is so high because children have freedom? grin grin grin grin Why is Germany then not at the top of the graphic? grin

3. Does your second graphic show any development over time or a status quo at a certain point in time? Let me answer for you, it does NOT show any development over a period of time and therefore is not qualified to refute your opponent's aargument who talked about DEVELOPMENT.

4. Where is the source again? You did NOT only learn that you have to provide the source, you also did NOT learn that there are trustworthy and untrustworthy sources.

Any well educated person knows such things so stop making a fool of yourself.

•you are a fool of epic proportions!
why do i need to spoonfeed you & your ilk with cobweb for brains. i was talking about teenage pregnancy & the chart clearly said age 15-19 per 1000 women. even the dullest human being in the world would have added 2 and 2 together to see it's a chart on teenage pregnancy. if you need a temp to scoop quotes for you, why not hire a dog?

•then you descended into your pits of stupidity yet again to bring germany into the matter. why not compare germany to korea then? the same korea the western media continue to pillory for operating an oppressive society: where korean citizens have no rights whatsoever, guess what? their kids aren't as promiscuous as your ilk - populating the planet with bastärds they cannot take care of!

• what has development over time gotta do with a statistical chart? whatever criteria used for the US was also used for the rest of the countries on the chart. the graph clearly showed americans use drugs more than nigeria & even china(almost 2 billion population) - why is this so? i am sure the deduction is a mammoth task for you. the kwashiorkor you suffered as a child denied your brain cells the necessary protein needed to develop you mentally!

• you are the last human being that should be talking about quality education or intelligence here. you clearly asserted female presidency equates matriarchy. why then should we take you serious? in the punditry of hard currency, your IQ at it's best will have less value than iraqi dinar. get out of here & go and sort your miseducation.

1 Like

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jul 12, 2014
coogar:

•you are a fool of epic proportions!
why do i need to spoonfeed you & your ilk with cobweb for brains. i was talking about teenage pregnancy & the chart clearly said age 15-19 per 1000 women. even the dullest human being in the world would have added 2 and 2 together to see it's a chart on teenage pregnancy. if you need a temp to scoop quotes for you, why not hire a dog?

•then you descended into your pits of stupidity yet again to bring germany into the matter. why not compare germany to korea then? the same korea the western media continue to pillory for operating an oppressive and society where citizens have no rights whatsoever, guess what? their kids aren't as promiscuous as your ilk - populating the planet with bastärds they cannot take care of!

• what has development over time gotta do with a statistical chart? whatever criteria was used for the US was also used for the rest of the countries in the chart. the graph clearly showed americans use drugs more than nigeria & even china(almost 2 billion population) - why is this so?

• you are the last human being that should be talking about quality education or intelligence here. you clearly asserted female presidency equates matriarchy. why then should we take you serious? in the punditry of hard currency, your IQ at it's best will have less value than iraqi dinar. get out of here & go and sort your miseducation.

@bold

Evidence.

I only say Oman. grin

I have never seen anyone on NL who is so proud of showing that he did not enjoy a good education.
Your education was so bad that you do not even see how foolish your comments are. I read them and feel shame on your behalf.

I don't say it to insult you, I say it to open your eyes. The way you are trying to prove your points here is fallacious. Learn to use statistics APPROPRIATELY.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by coogar: 9:47pm On Jul 12, 2014
carefreewannabe:

@bold

Evidence.

I only say Oman. grin

I have never seen anyone on NL who is so proud of showing that he did not enjoy a good education.
Your education was so bad that you do not even see how foolish your comments are. I read them and feel shame on your behalf.

I don't say it to insult you, I say it to open your eyes. The way you are trying to prove your points here is fallacious. Learn to use statistics APPROPRIATELY.

your life would be so much better if you had just 1% of the education i got. this is why my toe-nails pack more intelligence than your entire being & it's so easy for me to see your acute stüpidity in 3D.

you are so miseducated, your memory is in black & white. statistics? i have been using statistics to destroy semi-illiterates like yourself long before your midwife pinched your bum to make sure you weren't a stillborn.

only a complete plonker like yourself with crap education would dispute the high teenage pregnancy rate of western countries in comparison to the middle east or south east asia.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by pickabeau1: 9:51pm On Jul 12, 2014
grin.... grin grin....smh
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by crackhaus: 10:00pm On Jul 12, 2014
Interesting... undecided
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jul 12, 2014
coogar:

your life would be so much better if you had just 1% of the education i got. this is why my toe-nails pack more intelligence than your entire being & it's so easy for me to see your acute stüpidity in 3D.

you are so miseducated, your memory is in black & white. statistics? i have been using statistics to destroy semi-illiterates like yourself long before your midwife pinched your bum to make sure you weren't a stillborn.

only a complete plonker like yourself with crap education would dispute the high teenage pregnancy rate of western countries in comparison to the middle east or south east asia.

Anyone who is well educated knows that he has to provide the source of the contents he or she is quoting.

It is one of the very BASIC rules, you DO NOT know, which is a clear sign of a lack of education.

Can you now see how I know that someone is NOT well educated?

It is simple, he knows NOTHING about propaedeutics.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jul 12, 2014
[quote author=coogar]

to say you are daft would be an insult to all the patients of trisomy-13. why use a gazillion words when about 2 sentences would suffice. the reduction or increment in continental US doesn't mean shyte - a true assessment would be to compare america with other countries of the world and america fares very badly. when you give kids so much freedom, they abuse it.

[img]http://teenpregnancy101.files./2010/07/chart.jpg[/img]

yet another daft assessment - that drug usage in america is reducing or increasing says nothing in the grand scheme of things. what's to say the usage isn't decreasing globally. why not compare the US with other countries as far as drug usage goes?

The higher percentages are understandable considering the population size. Your argument was based on it being uncontainable. Well, it IS contained, and has in fact been on the DECLINE in both the cases of drug abuse and TP. FACT.

i am not surprised you are pro-gun! anyone bereft of intelligence would be pro-gun. what has that right changed in the US? murder rate hasn't decreased, capital punishment has not deterred murder/homicide and yet you are pro-gun? your IQ must be in a single digit!

Has the gun ban in the UK stopped murders? Do you know that since the gun ban post the Ryan shooting in '87 and several other incidents, gun crimes have DOUBLED in the UK! I don't think, no I KNOW, that an outright ban wouldn't solve anything. Your IQ is surely a triple digit in the negative integer for thinking so.

rubbish - stop quoting google and pretending to be smart. no one gives two hoots about when & how hömosexual relationships started. giving them the rights to join together in matrimony is the issue at hand! you could develop a relationship with your puppy & fellatë on it, that's your business - but don't force such repulsive romance on the rest of the populace because you suddenly have rights to do so.

You said homosexuals were never accepted and then shot yourself in the foot by claiming that gay bars were around for eons. I merely pointed out your falsity. Own up!

Get real, no one's forcing anything on you. Your arguments are weak. You're increasingly depending on rants and personal attacks. Stop it with all the sentiment! Pray, what does your animal abuse fantasy lipsrsealed have to do with when homosexuality was "accepted"?

Someone's mind is in the gutter.

the bottom line is whether it's practised in america or not. who cares if it's one sect of buddhism? hogwash!
polygamy is still practised in many parts of america today. it wasn't discontinued or whatever you came up with on google. many christians in america still have more than one wife in their homes

LMAO present facts please. Where are these "many Christian Americans with many wives in their homes?" Where are they hiding?? Tell me, is it those darn Mormons? 'Cuz I live in the Mormon state. Right under my nose this whole time, eh? Pure comedy.

and i am saying people still drink & drive and it's a matter of who got caught. many responsible people have been caught drinking & driving. majority of them have a clean record too

I can't keep re-hashing this. Drunk driving is irresponsible. End of.

define responsibility?
who am i arguing with for feck's sake? how much is too much? you can drink & drive and not even fail the test. the key is not having too much to drink when you drive, it's not that people don't drive at all even when they have had so little to drink.

Come on, I already explained this. Employ a dictionary if you're still befuddled as to what "responsible" means. As for the "how much is too much" query, you can easily refer to your laws to find out what the accepted blood alcohol level is over there. It's a science, so I can't answer you in drinks. It will vary depending on your weight, prescription drug use and other factors. As for me, I've always refrained from driving after so much as a sip so I've never had that problem. Be responsible!

and what's the consequence of the 50/50 divorce rate? how many kids in america today are growing up with their 2 biological parents? what becomes of those kids with no father figure? no wonder your prisons are filled to the brim with criminals. divorce is responsible for the premature death of men, women & children. shame on you for using a stüpid excuse that people are opting out of irreconcilable marriages. who forced them into marriage in the first place?

Wowzers, divorce is causing people to commit crime, and die premature deaths? That's some dark comedy! Who said anyone forced them? That they were not forced into a union means they cannot exit if all else fails? By all means, practice that yourself if you wish. No worries.

maybe in your household, definitely not where i am at.

ROFL smiley

that was before christ came into the world. there were no christians before christ. what else do you have to say?

And what does that have to do with the discussion at hand? You're the one who brought pre-Christ events into this, not I.

your propensity to stretch the borders of daftness is peerless. your point initially was hinged on privacy, harmlessness & the fact that there was no victim by the same token, incëst is a private matter, it's harmless & there's no victim or culprit. so argue from that POV instead of flip-flopping like a fish that jumped outta water onto a dry surface.

Interesting first sentence. There was more to my view, but I expressly stated that I'd prefer not to discuss it. You pressed, and now that I've argued my points, instead of addressing them you're putting words in my mouth. For reference in regards to my view, see the clearly numbered points. No circles! I've said all I have to say on the matter.

No one is flip-flopping, but YOU are aimlessly wandering, back-peddling.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Pay For Kids They Didn't Want? by coogar: 10:17pm On Jul 12, 2014
carefreewannabe:
Anyone who is well educated knows that he has to provide the source of the contents he or she is quoting.

It is one of the very BASIC rules, which you DO NOT know, which is a clear sign of a lack of education.

basic rules written by who? this isn't facebook or myspace where halfwits of your ilk are roaming freely. why are you even interested in a discourse between me & someone else? what's your stake in it? was i talking to you? your crap quality education never edified you never to put your snout until you are spoken to?

Can you now see how I know that someone is NOT well educated?

go and sit down.
angela merkel = matriarchy!
america = matriarchy!

you are such a dullard - internet is about the only place you and i can exchange words. you would be too poor in spirit to cope in the real world.

It is simple, he knows NOTHING about propaedeutics.

go & do your own research about teenage pregnancy. if you know any country worse than the US, kindly come & prove my chart wrong. don't distract me with your ebonics & if this discourse is too nerdy for you, kindly fück off.........nicely!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (Reply)

Wife Catches Her Husband With Side Chick / My Uncle Slapped His Wife For Denying Him Sex Because Today Sunday!! / Woman Gives Birth To Snake In Umuahia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 209
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.