Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? (29135 Views)

Will The Mentally Disadvantaged People Be Judged After Death? / What Will Be The Fate Of Those Mentally Challenged on Judgement Day? / How Do Mentally Ill People Praise God ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by tuffgongjo(m): 8:43am On Jul 06, 2014
Okiki_Oluwa: They ll go to mad heaven & crazy hell fire!
.crazy dude
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by skillet(m): 8:44am On Jul 06, 2014
Hahaha. Said nigerian army that runs away from common bokoharams. Cowards.

NigeriaArmy15: PMMA...(President of Mad Men association) is talking from experience
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by freecocoa(f): 8:44am On Jul 06, 2014
LogoDWhiz:

Hmm. Okay...
Don't know of that tho..
But I believe God is merciful
Plus there are people who were born mentally unstable, what will happen to those ones?
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by justi4jesu(f): 8:47am On Jul 06, 2014
Everyone should endeavour to ask their pastors today after church...

Good a thing today is SUNDAY..

Waiting for your feedbacks grin grin
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by Nobody: 8:48am On Jul 06, 2014
people dey o. I pray none of us go mad
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by Nobody: 8:51am On Jul 06, 2014
This atheist make me laugh a lot. How can u honestly think that after death is nothing......Hmmmmmn have you ever asked yourselves what if?? all I know is in death "everything becomes clearer".

To the op, people don't just go mad. To the best of my knowledge I believe emotional instability and drug abuse are major reasons for people to go mad. Then off course the spiritual aspect of it which I won't talk about. Then we also have imbeciles which brings back my strong believe of incarnation. I believe God is just and not bias. There is also a reason for every and anything that happens. Bad things just don't happen to good people. Good things just don't happen to bad people. Everybody must get their reward. I believe mad people go to heaven because their madness on earth is an atonement for their sins. I also believe imbeciles etc go to heaven.

Thats just my believe.........
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 06, 2014
Erm I think the ones who were good before they got mad would go to heaven, lol and the ones who were bad before madness-goes to hell. I guess. Dunno!

1 Like

Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by freecocoa(f): 8:53am On Jul 06, 2014
See how the comments of majority on here are suggesting its out of place to ask an important question such as this, are we not supposed to use our minds to think again?

I mean if we are to believe in the concept of heaven/hell, aren't we supposed to do that with all conviction?

I believe one shouldn't be left in doubt when making a crucial decision whether to believe in heaven/hell, as far as I'm concerned, its kinda f00lish employing selective judgments/reasoning on important issues like this.

2 Likes

Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by Nobody: 8:55am On Jul 06, 2014
My take is simple for as long as you were once conscious and you can separate your right from wrong. .... Fiverr's Wonder: http://lekansigbeku.biz :

What exactly is this Cash Cow called "FIVERR"?

It is a global online marketplace offering task and services, referring to as "gigs" beginning at a cost of $5 per job performed.

The site is primarily used by freelancers who use "fiverr" to offer a variety of different services and by customers to buy those services

Before I proceed just type "Fiverr" in google search and you read loads of articles on it but how do I make my cash on it? Like $1000 in accumulation in 2-4weeks!!!

==> My lekan sigbeku fiverr report .... http://lekansigbeku.biz/fiverrcashcode.htm<==

Okay, so by now I want to believe you know what exactly I'm talking about, its simple how you create your gigs (task) and sell online (fiverr website) for $5 and how to make 100+ people online to buy your gigs at a time

here==> http://lekansigbeku.biz/fiverrcashcode.htm

Now I know you won't still believe this, internet gurus like;
makinde azeez (naijaloaded)-my boss, Toyin Omotosho-my oga @d top, onome maureen nd so on.....use fiverr to fatten their millions ....

...Hmmm when you produce a perfect gigs(task) for instance "how to design a blog in 3mins", you just upload this 2-3mins video on fiverr websites and imagine you getting 1000buyers @ $5 each and so on....

So just make use of this info..
here==> http://lekansigbeku.biz/fiverrcashcode.htm
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by slyzy(m): 8:56am On Jul 06, 2014
Tolexander: Their judgement will be based on what their 'ways' were before being mentally unstable.
what of those born with mental disorder?
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by Afam4eva(m): 8:57am On Jul 06, 2014
Tolexander: Their judgement will be based on what their 'ways' were before being mentally unstable.
Any part of the scripture to back this up?
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by LogoDWhiz(m): 8:57am On Jul 06, 2014
freecocoa: Plus there are people who were born mentally unstable, what will happen to those ones?

Hmm. That's true.
But since we don't know what really happens in d 'madness' sphere, we can't really say what will happen..
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by Evasmillingguy(m): 8:57am On Jul 06, 2014
God knows bestYou don't get it by wishing, staring, or hoping. You don't get it easy. You get it by working your ass off every single day.

They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself. - Andy Warhol

Those that talk down to you are just trying to walk tall by making u feel small. Rise above

If your ship doesn't come in, swim out to it. - Jonathan Winters

For more of these subcribe to the more educative and entertaining channel on BBM C0041F518. Don't forget it is C0041F518 invite your friends also
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by bongolistik(m): 8:58am On Jul 06, 2014
As dificult as d question appear 2 sound, d ansa is not quite far fetched. God dat created all living things, knwin hw d birds, ants, antelopes, fishes, butterflies, etc feeds, will also knw wr kolomental folks wil end. U nd me might not say quite well where dey will end up bt it is simple as ABC for d Almighty. Even d persn dat ask dis question don't even knw wr she herself will end up, den y worry about wr d kolomentals wil end. I think d question 2 ponder about is where u dat is even sane will end up afta death. Y worry? Alow d death 2 bury dier death....foxes have holes, birds of d air hav dier nests, bt sons of man has no place 2 lay dier head
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by justi4jesu(f): 8:58am On Jul 06, 2014
The Bible does not specifically say whether or not mentally ill people go to heaven.

However, there is some biblical evidence that anyone who is not able to make a decision for salvation is covered by Christ’s death.

This is similar to how it is commonly believed that children are automatically taken to heaven when they die until they reach the point in which they are able to make a decision for or against Christ.

We can postulate from this that mentally handicapped people are covered by this principle as well.

The Word of God does not specifically say this, however. Knowing the love, grace, and mercy of God, this would seem consistent with His character.

Any person who is mentally challenged to the extent that he could not be aware of his sinful state and believe in Christ for salvation, is in the same category as a child and it is not unreasonable to assume that person is saved by the grace and mercy of the same God who saves babies and small children.
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by Nobody: 9:00am On Jul 06, 2014
slyzy: what of those born with mental disorder?
. That means he knows no sin from birth because he wasn't himself from birth but still no one knows the yardstick the Almighty God will use to judge humanity.

1 Like

Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by freecocoa(f): 9:01am On Jul 06, 2014
LogoDWhiz:

Hmm. That's true.
But since we don't know what really happens in d 'madness' sphere, we can't really say what will happen..
Guess that's the problem I'm having with religion, I just have to know(atleast to an extent), so far what I know/have been told, isn't convincing.
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by jack26(m): 9:06am On Jul 06, 2014
A mad person can make heaven if he or she is naturally insane,but if it is his or her past wrong action that caused the madness I doubt if he or she can make heaven.A sikwana n'm si
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by JustCare: 9:08am On Jul 06, 2014
freecocoa: Please I'll be glad if anyone can help me on this topic, I've been wondering about thiw since I was a little girl in the sunday school class, I even asked my teacher then but she didn't even answer the question.

I mean, we've been told that all sinners will rot in hell and I know some mad people do what would be considered a sin if done by a sane person, now, will they get a pass because they are mentally unstable? Or will they roast in hell like every other sinner?Does the bible even say anything about mad people?

I'm just really curious, where will they go when they die?or when rapture occurs?

P.S. Don't know if the topic's been discussed previously, so...
lie! you knew it...it has been discussed here several times
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by Nobody: 9:09am On Jul 06, 2014
From what I have studied, the Judaeo Christian God is perfect. Mad people and imbeciles are all made in his perfect image. They will go to where he already ordained them to as as he is also all knowing. He already knows those who would be hell bound.
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by Funniez: 9:10am On Jul 06, 2014
Soloter: 1.If a drug addict becomes a lunatic - we can then conclude that his destination is Hellfire. why? the Bible has warned us against polluting the temple of God, "Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are. 1 Corinthians 3:16,17(KJV)." , therefore, one who refused to accept this injunction when insaned, shall rot in hell.
2. insanity is occasioned by demon- possession and demons will only possess those who have rejected the Son of God- Christ. for the Bible says "You are of God, my little children, and you have overcome them because he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world" 1John 4:4.
Conclusively, one's believe and state before madness will determine where he'll spend eternity.
. Guy u are just on point! Infact come collect dis kwunu finish am!
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by LordNico(m): 9:11am On Jul 06, 2014
Hmm... Atheists here?
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by LogoDWhiz(m): 9:12am On Jul 06, 2014
freecocoa: Guess that's the problem I'm having with religion, I just have to know(atleast to an extent), so far what I know/have been told, isn't convincing.

Hmm, okay..
There are some things in d bible that we will just have to take as it is. Just believe..

I havent seen Jesus before but I believe that he exist..
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by Nobody: 9:14am On Jul 06, 2014
There is nothing like Hell.
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by bongolistik(m): 9:16am On Jul 06, 2014
freecocoa: Guess that's the problem I'm having with religion, I just have to know(atleast to an extent), so far what I know/have been told, isn't convincing.
stop having problem with religion, trust in God all d time nd lean not on ur own undastanding
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by Wokeyim(f): 9:18am On Jul 06, 2014
So when mad people do make Heaven, will they still be mad or will they be sane in Heaven?
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by Lachynos2k2(m): 9:19am On Jul 06, 2014
skillet: Nice question. Authentic mentally handicapped people will be reborn and reincarnated, just like you and i.
where and who were u in your former life?

1 Like

Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by zeb04(f): 9:20am On Jul 06, 2014
Epaul: and what has he preached? You call that utter flimflam arranged in a hodge podge sermon? Where in the bible was it stated in no uncertain terms that mad men would be judged predicated on how they led their lives before taking to the streets? Dude was using scattered inductive reasoning to explain the bible and you are there shouting dogmatically "preach it brother!".
Did you ever stop to imagine that a great many mad men, if they had not run mad could have given their lives to christ like the thief that was hung with christ? Did you stop to think that a slew of them who are running naked in the street didn't caused their insanity either by smoking the wrap or sniffing cocaine and could have, just maybe, embraced the old rugged cross? Why should anybody with a clear head and good heart suppose a good God would callously roast such people in hell? (not that i believe in hell)
did you read his conclusion. Depending on the state of mind of that individual before he became mad. Why should God send an insane person who might have gone into insanity as a result of medical reason to hell. The fact stil remains he wld be judged either. Its is God's call moreover I can't argue on what God decides to do with that individual. Peace
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by mcfarlin(m): 9:20am On Jul 06, 2014
freecocoa: Please I'll be glad if anyone can help me on this topic, I've been wondering about thiw since I was a little girl in the sunday school class, I even asked my teacher then but she didn't even answer the question.

I mean, we've been told that all sinners will rot in hell and I know some mad people do what would be considered a sin if done by a sane person, now, will they get a pass because they are mentally unstable? Or will they roast in hell like every other sinner?Does the bible even say anything about mad people?

I'm just really curious, where will they go when they die?or when rapture occurs?

P.S. Don't know if the topic's been discussed previously, so...
From my own inference people are not born mentally handicapped so GOD is gonna judge them for activities prior to that.
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by freecocoa(f): 9:21am On Jul 06, 2014
bongolistik: stop having problem with religion, trust in God all d time nd lean not on ur own undastanding
Yea well, if I'm not supposed to lean on my own understanding, I shouldn't have an understanding then, except I'm just supposed not to lean on my understanding only on matters concerning God(which is weird in my opinion).

Its just like giving a hungry child food and telling him not to eat the food, throw it out or as a matter of fact, do nothing with the food, just how does that work?
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by JustCare: 9:23am On Jul 06, 2014
freecocoa: Plus there are people who were born mentally unstable, what will happen to those ones?
if you ain't ready to examine the concept of reincarnation with strict sense of logic as well as considering that whatever you sow shall you reap whenever it's ripe or matured for your harvesting ie now or anytime in earth time then you ain't ready to grasp holistically the dynamics behind the concept in the question you have asked!
Re: Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? by Firefire(m): 9:23am On Jul 06, 2014
Soloter: 1.If a drug addict becomes a lunatic - we can then conclude that his destination is Hellfire. why? the Bible has warned us against polluting the temple of God, "Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are. 1 Corinthians 3:16,17(KJV)." , therefore, one who refused to accept this injunction when insaned, shall rot in hell.
2. insanity is occasioned by demon- possession and demons will only possess those who have rejected the Son of God- Christ. for the Bible says "You are of God, my little children, and you have overcome them because he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world" 1John 4:4.
Conclusively, one's believe and state before madness will determine where he'll spend eternity.

in addition to the above:

The Bible does not specifically say whether or not mentally ill people go to heaven.

However, there is some biblical evidence that anyone who is not able to make a decision for salvation is covered by Christ’s death.
This is similar to how it is commonly believed that children are automatically taken to heaven when they die until they reach the point in which they are able to make a decision for or against Christ. David had a child die, and he comforted himself with the thought, “Can I bring him back again? I will go to him, but he will not return to me” (2 Samuel 12:23).

David knew that he would see his child in heaven one day. From that statement, we can assume that babies and young children were, by God's grace, covered for salvation by Christ’s death.

We can postulate from this that mentally handicapped people are covered by this principle as well. The Word of God does not specifically say this, however. Knowing the love, grace, and mercy of God, this would seem consistent with His character. Any person who is mentally challenged to the extent that he could not be aware of his sinful state and believe in Christ for salvation, is in the same category as a child and it is not unreasonable to assume that person is saved by the grace and mercy of the same God who saves babies and small children.

As in everything, however, we must be careful not to be dogmatic about any issue the Bible does not specifically address. We do know that Jesus receives as His own all that the Father has given to Him and He will lose none of them along the way (John 6:39). Jesus said of these “And I give to them eternal life, and they shall never ever perish, and not anyone shall pluck them out of My hand” (John 10:28). We can take comfort in knowing that our God’s plan is always perfect, He always does what is right and just, and His love and mercy are infinite and everlasting.

Read more here: http://www.gotquestions.org/mentally-challenged.html#ixzz36ft73Y7V

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Which Type Of Marriage Does God Recognise? Traditional, Court Or Church? / My Confusion About God And The Scriptures. / How God Delivered Me From Self-service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.