Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,024 members, 7,838,571 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital (104713 Views)

"Full List Of 2016 Budgets For Nigeria States And Allocated Revenue " / The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB / Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by passion007: 3:25pm On Jul 07, 2014
Deltagiant: If the agreement at the confab were that SE should choose amongst those Igbo areas outside her zone, ANIOMA would have been the best because SE would added extra 7000 Sg Km of land to her zone. Thus bringing back Ndigbo on the west of the Niger back home. Even at that, an ANIOMA created in the SS would equally have satisfied that need for Igbos in general.

Then, choosing from the SE, ADADA is the best.

The reasons are, climatically, not too many Nigerians know that Nnsukka is the third most temperate (cool) area after Jos and Obudu in Nigeria. They have powerful eco system like the lakes which in time will add value to the ambience of the city. The beautiful hills in addition to cool weather would attract western tourists. Plus their endowed crude oil deposits.

I'll go for Adada anytime. It is already penciled down by the confab as the first to be created for equity before the rest 18. It is a forgone conclusion.

Thank you immensely.
A lot of these peeps no little about Adada State.
Your posts will help clear things up.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Chino72: 3:32pm On Jul 07, 2014
Keep deceiving yourself and thinking that we are with you people.

You think NL is not reflection of reality? You will be shocked to the marrow when the chips are down. I am only laughing at you because you are ignorant of the wide gulf existing between we and you people! cheesy

We are not standing between you people have another state but do not put any part of us in your equation. At least the sample you have seen on this thread has shown you that Anambrans are not interested and will petition any attempt to remove them where they belong in Anambra because you cannot force anybody into any agreement.

berem: unfortunately and sadly,you are not part of those who will decide if Ihiala will join Njaba/Arim State so your opinion is very inconsequential and useless. Your rants and chest beating of you and your fellow supremacists ends on nairaland and that's it!

Adiri ngi sorry!

cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by pazienza(m): 3:33pm On Jul 07, 2014
passion007:

If you want to introduce this pointless permutation, then the Southern flank of Igboland has three states: Anambra, Imo, Abia whereas the Northern flank has only two states: Enugu and Ebonyi.
Adada State will address that inequality.
Thanks as you support Adada State creation.

Bro, Anambra, Enugu and Ebonyi lie on the same horizontal plane on the map,with respect to geography of the SE, i don't think Enugu is more northern than Anambra.

Imo and Abia are the two southern states of the SE.

Btw, i think the dude is right, Enugu state having almost single handedly produced Ebonyi state( Abia only contributed 3 LGA to Ebonyi state ie Ohaozara,Afikpo north and south, the remaining 10 of the 13LGAs of Ebonyi state were contributed by Enugu state alone.), cannot seek to single handedly produce another state in the SE.

Haba! Obuzi ndi Enugu ka ndi Igbo biara Nigeria.

It is only right that Anambra/Imo axis produce the next state in SE.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 07, 2014
Chino72: Keep deceiving yourself and thinking that we are with you people.

You think NL does not reflection of reality? You will be shocked to the marrow when the chips are down. I am only laughing at you because you are ignorant of the wide gulf existing between we and you people! cheesy

nwoke m,ga nodu ala! I have stopped taking you and your rantings serious. I have nothing to argue with you about since reasonable and sensible Imolites and Igbos have put you were you belong. Enweghi ihe mu na gi ga ekwu ozo.

cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Chino72: 3:37pm On Jul 07, 2014
I am only replying you because you are from Anambra! Lemme tell you there is no benefit being part of a state that creates new state. Its not a cake-walk. You do not win world cup for creating a state. Leave Anambra out of it. Every part of Anambra is comfortable.

Adada and Anioma are the only viable states to be created.

pazienza:
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Chino72: 3:40pm On Jul 07, 2014
I have been avoiding you like plague all this while. You were the one that quoted me, I have stopped quoting nor talking to you for a long time. So stop following me around all over NL!

berem: nwoke m,ga nodu ala! I have stopped taking you and your rantings serious. I have nothing to argue with you about since reasonable and sensible Imolites and Igbos have put you were you belong. Enweghi ihe mu na gi ga ekwu ozo.

cheesy cheesy
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by passion007: 3:44pm On Jul 07, 2014
pazienza:

Bro, Anambra, Enugu and Ebonyi lie on the same horizontal plane on the map,with respect to geography of the SE, i don't think Enugu is more northern than Anambra.

Imo and Abia are the two southern states of the SE.

Btw, i think the dude is right, Enugu state having almost single handedly producing Ebonyi state( Abia only produced Ohaozara,Afikpo north and south), cannot seek to single handedly produce another state in the SE.

Haba! Obuzi ndi Enugu ka ndi Igbo biara Nigeria.

Nwanne, there are laid-down criteria for state creation.
I've posted it earlier, but for your benefit I'll post it again:

part of the criteria used in the past for a state to be created included the economic viability of the area demanding the new state, especially the ability and potentials for sustainable internal revenue generation, provable cases of demographic strength and underdevelopment arising from denial of access to human development; provable evidence of socio-cultural affinity and geographical contiguity; the need to redress lopsided cartography and boundary lines resulting in endless border and resource-based conflicts; provable instance of consensus among the demographic groups demanding the new states.

Others included the ability of the new states to provide their structure and resources to take off; ability to ensure internal security and cohesion and peaceful co-existence with their neighbours and the existence of human resource and personnel to run the state.

It's fortuitous that of the present contending states, only Adada meets all the criteria.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 07, 2014
Chino72: I have been avoiding you like plague all this while. You were the one that quoted me, I have stopped quoting nor talking to you for a long time. So stop following me around all over NL!

Taa mechionu! Who's following you all over nairaland? What are you feeling like? Lekwe nu m eshishi?
You better avoid me like a plague if you know what's good for you.

cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by pazienza(m): 3:47pm On Jul 07, 2014
The order of importance of new states in SE, using justice and equity.

Ist- Njaba( this takes care of Imo and Anambra)

2nd- Aba.( this takes care of Abia)

3rd- Etiti

After creation of Njaba and Aba, every of the 5 states in the SE must have contributed to new state creation, Ebonyi for Enugu, Njaba for Imo, Aba for Abia .

Etiti will now be a central state for everyone, since every state had already contributed previously to state formations.

Adada, should be last on the list. No offense to my Nsukka peeps.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Chino72: 3:49pm On Jul 07, 2014
You win! But my position on the state creation stands!

berem: Taa mechionu! Who's following you all over nairaland? What are you feeling like? Lekwe nu m eshishi?
You better avoid me like a plague if you know what's good for you.

cheesy cheesy
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by pazienza(m): 3:56pm On Jul 07, 2014
Chino72: I am only replying you because you are from Anambra! Lemme tell you there is no benefit being part of a state that creates new state. Its not a cake-walk. You do not win world cup for creating a state. Leave Anambra out of it. Every part of Anambra is comfortable.

Adada and Anioma are the only viable states to be created.

No state in Nigeria presently is viable, except Lagos. None of the states can survive on it's IGR, not even Anambra, we all depend on petrodollars from the FG to survive, so spare me the talk about economic viability.

I would divide Anambra into 1million states,if i have the powers,and the FG agrees. Nigeria is not a nation, we are all in for what we hope to extract from her, and as an Igbo man, i recognize the power having more states confers to an Igbo nation in getting as much as possible from Nigeria before she collapses, if you are too blind to see that,then i have nothing to discuss with you.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Chino72: 4:03pm On Jul 07, 2014
You seems not to understand the point. There is practically nothing to gain for creating or being part the state that is divided to make for a new state. Its not a cake-walk rather it comes with a lot of disadvantages. We Anambrans do not want to loose those things that makes us thick by the so called state creation.

Mind you, the state governor has a lot of influence in state creation. If it does not receive governor's tacit approval, he will frustrate the entire process. In the case of Njaba, it does not enjoy the support of Anambra but in the case of Adada, it enjoys the support of Enugu and Ebonyi.

Besides all these grammar, Anambra as a people does not want any part of them to be carved out. These are the things that made thick and great ahead and light of the Nation.

pazienza:

No state in Nigeria presently is viable, except Lagos. None of the states can survive on it's IGR, not even Anambra, we all depend on petrodollars from the FG to survive, so spare me the talk about economic viability.

I would divide Anambra into 1million states,if i have the powers,and the FG agrees. Nigeria is not a nation, we are all in for what we hope to extract from her, and as an Igbo man, i recognize the power having more states confers to an Igbo nation in getting as much as possible from Nigeria before she collapses, if you are too blind to see that,then i have nothing to discuss with you.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by pazienza(m): 4:04pm On Jul 07, 2014
Btw, Anioma from what i can see, is a done deal. Ndiigbo in the East need not worry about Anioma state, the Itsekiri,Ijaw,Uhrobo and Isokos of Delta will either leave delta state for Anioma or help them achieve that Anioma state, that way their dream of having Warri as a capital city can finally become a reality.

Anioma state when created,should be left in SS.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by pazienza(m): 4:11pm On Jul 07, 2014
Chino72: You seems not to understand the point. There is practically nothing to gain for creating or being part the state that is divided to make for a new state. Its not a cake-walk rather it comes with a lot of disadvantages. We Anambrans do not want to loose those things that makes us thick by the so called state creation.

Mind you, the state governor has a lot of influence in state creation. If it does not receive governor's tacit approval, he will frustrate the entire process. In the case of Njaba, it does not enjoy the support of Anambra but in the case of Adada, it enjoys the support of Enugu and Ebonyi.

Besides all these grammar, Anambra as a people does not want any part of them to be carved out. These are the things that made thick and great ahead and light of the Nation.

Chino, seriously,i am tired of going in circle with you. Biko, ike agwugom.

Any Ebonyi person will tell you that they are better off in Ebonyi state than they were in Enugu state.

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by millionaireman: 4:15pm On Jul 07, 2014
Folks, A true Anambra man or woman who understands the role of states in develoment as far as Nigeria's politics is concerned will push Chino72 away. Ignore Chino72.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by millionaireman: 4:16pm On Jul 07, 2014
Folks, A true Anambra man or woman who understands the role of states in develoment as far as Nigeria's politics is concerned will push Chino72 away. Ignore Chino72. Doubt if Chino72 truly hails from Anambra state.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Chino72: 4:20pm On Jul 07, 2014
Because they(Ebonyians) were being suppressed in their former state! Is there any part of Anambra that is being suppressed? Former governor Mbadinuju is from Ihilla. Ihilla has a branch of ANSU. Ihilla has good roads apart from the Onitsha expressway. I keep saying it, Peter Obi made every part of Anambra to feel great and belonged by making sure that every community has a taste of government presence via road network, health centers etc. No part of Anambra is shortchanged. That is my point!

pazienza:
Any Ebonyi person will tell you that they are better off in Ebonyi state than they were in Enugu state.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 07, 2014
ANYBODY ARGUING WITH A NON-IGBO AS CHINO IS WASTING HIS TIME. I PITY ABAGWORO WHO FELL FOR HIS BAIT. A TRUE NWAFOR WILL NEVER ALLOW AN ARTIIFICIAL CREATION AS STATE TO COME IN-BETWEEN HIS TRIBESMEN. CHINO FROM HIS PREVIOUS POSTS IS A MASTER OF DIVISION AND HATE. HENCE, IF HE DOESN'T RETRACE HIS STEPS, THEN I FEAR FOR IGBO UNITY. CHINO IS A PAID AGENT OF DIVISION. AND ALL THOSE WHO BLINDLY SUPPORT AND AGREE TO HIS SUPREMACIST IDEAS SHOULD GET READY TO DANCE TO THE TUNE, WHEN THE BUBBLE BURSTS.

4 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by mikovo2002(m): 5:15pm On Jul 07, 2014
Where will be the capital of new delta State
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by millionaireman: 5:36pm On Jul 07, 2014
Chino72: Because they(Ebonyians) were being suppressed in their former state! Is there any part of Anambra that is being suppressed? Former governor Mbadinuju is from Ihilla. Ihilla has a branch of ANSU. Ihilla has good roads apart from the Onitsha expressway. I keep saying it, Peter Obi made every part of Anambra to feel great and belonged by making sure that every community has a taste of government presence via road network, health centers etc. No part of Anambra is shortchanged. That is my point!

Chino72, Ihilla? Three times here, and perhaps in your previous posts, you wrote Ihilla. Pls the town is Ihiala. Are you truly Igbo? I can't imagine any Anambra fellow make that mistake - and three times. I tell you, true Anambra fellows can push you off road because of your stance here. Repent.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by katolistic(m): 5:47pm On Jul 07, 2014
I dont think our priority for now, is the creation of New states.
What an ordinary Nigerian needs at this hard trying times are;

Electricity
Accessible Roads
Good and Stable education
Health
Security
Jobs
Working Refineries

I believe with all this we would grow faster in development than creation of new states.

#personalopinion

grin

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by maestroferddi: 7:01pm On Jul 07, 2014
passion007: No state will be created by military fiat
State creation is a rigorous process
For Chiwude 's benefit, states are not created solely on account of perceived marginalization which is the only argument Njaba has.
Njaba lacks even the support of her component Anambra groups.
To recap, this is from a document detailing the prerequisites to state creation:

Adada State meets every single one of these requirements.
It currently has a Federal University of international repute, a Federal College of Education, a proposed Southeastern University, a Federal School of Health Technology, a State School of Agriculture, a Federal Government College and other vocational and technical schools

Agriculture, tourism, and natural resources will drive the economy of the new state

On the issue of cohesion, Adada shares boundary with the Igbo-speaking people of Okpokwu and Ogbadigbo LGAs of Benue State, the Igalas and Idomas. Interestingly, the Idomas I've met are all bilinguists who speak Idoma and Nsukka-Igbo owing to long years of peaceful coexistence. In fact, they bear names like Ada, Okoro, and share our 4-day market week (Orie, Afor, Nkwo, Eke). In fact, Adada and the Idomas have lived and intermarried with nary an argument.

Regardless, Adada State has certain basic needs such as water (on account of its hilly topography), expansion of existing infrastructure, and need to address poverty at the grassroot level.
Plus there's a dead Igwe of Adada who will only be buried once Adada State is created.

Isi Uzo | Uzo Uwani | Igbo Etiti | Igbo Eze North | Igbo Eze South | Udenu | Nsukka

#Support Adada State creation!
I hereby nominate you as the chief comedian of the putative Adada State. You can still hold your office even if Adada does not make it. Ochi eze...

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by basilo101: 7:15pm On Jul 07, 2014
maestroferddi: I hereby nominate you as the chief comedian of the putative Adada State. You can still hold your office even if Adada does not make. Ochi eze...
we shall see who will laf last
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by maestroferddi: 7:25pm On Jul 07, 2014
herald9:
Because Akwa Ibom got explorable lands

Cross River is bisected by water bodies ..
This render some parts inaccessible except by canoe...

So if they were to be given LGAs like Akwa Ibom...

Some LGs will be wallowing ontop rivers grin

And the Topography of some parts of Cross River is not helping matters at all!
You are not making sense at all, I am sorry. Cross River is pure a land state just like Akwa Ibom. I am very sure you have not set your foot on Cross River state to be making this kind of ridiculous statement. Maybe you were misled by the name of the state as "Cross River" which was from River Cross that just traversed the state. For the record, local government creation in Nigeria was principally done by the military in which case arbitrariness held sway. It was not difficult, therefore to see Akwa Ibom with sons and daughters with high connections in the military and political circles get a disproportionately higher number of local governments than the legacy state.

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by passion007: 7:27pm On Jul 07, 2014
maestroferddi: I hereby nominate you as the chief comedian of the putative Adada State. You can still hold your office even if Adada does not make. Ochi eze...

Nwanne, neenu map.
Ekewaa Imo, o ga-epekari Lagos.
Ekewaa Enugu, steeti ibuo ya bukarikwa Lagos.
Lagos bu ihe e ji ama atu na confab maka na o bu steeti pekarichaa na Naijiria.
Hapukwanu, esemokwu adiro n'ihea.
Adada bukwanu steeti Igbo, ka anyi kwado ya!

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by atundeola2020: 7:34pm On Jul 07, 2014
they suppose discuss some state like Ekiti local govt in kwara state should go to ekiti state. They are minority group in kwara state
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by maestroferddi: 7:40pm On Jul 07, 2014
passion007:

Unfortunately, that's how it is.
Even the SE delegates had decided on Adada prior to the confab.
Proponents of Njaba are trying to scuttle a gentleman's agreement:

Oga mi Njaba State creation has been on the frontburner with Ohaneze Ndigbo before the return of democracy in 1999 and ever since. There and then, three potential states were mooted for the sixth state to balance out for the South East. The states were Aba State, Adada State and Njaba State. Igbo intellectuals and leaders of thought after factoring in political and economic considerations, elected for a unanimous choice of Njaba State. So this your hotel or palm wine joint allusion evidently flies on its face. Please do some research.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by herald9: 7:54pm On Jul 07, 2014
maestroferddi: You are not making sense at all, I am sorry. Cross River is pure a land state just like Akwa Ibom. I am very sure you have not set your foot on Cross River state to be making this kind of ridiculous statement. Maybe you were misled by the name of the state as "Cross River" which was from River Cross that just traversed the state. For the record, local government creation in Nigeria was principally done by the military in which case arbitrariness held sway. It was not difficult, therefore to see Akwa Ibom with sons and daughters with high connections in the military and political circles get a disproportionately higher number of local governments than the legacy state.
I'm Currently in Cross River State...
I know what am talking about...
Maybe you stay in a remote area
Try travelling into the 'jungles' and you'll see what am talking about...
Dont let me know your state more than you do...
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by oluamid(m): 7:54pm On Jul 07, 2014
LONGFELLOW02:

Dn't wat?

Don't add my beloved Akoko to this State formation craze. We are quite happy with being part of Ondo State thank you.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by passion007: 7:56pm On Jul 07, 2014
maestroferddi: Oga mi Njaba State creation has been on the frontburner with Ohaneze Ndigbo before the return of democracy in 1999 and ever since. There and then, three potential states were mooted for the sixth state to balance out for the South East. The states were Aba State, Adada State and Njaba State. Igbo intellectuals and leaders of thought after factoring in political and economic considerations, elected for a unanimous choice of Njaba State. So this your hotel or palm wine joint allusion evidently flies on its face. Please do some research.

Nwanne, your veiled insult that I do some research is uncalled for.

Adada state was the first ever request for state creation.
On March 2, 1983, Senator Isaiah Ani, representing Anambra North Senatorial District in the then Federal legislature vigorously requested his fellow members to consider carving out Adada State from the then Anambra State. On March 16, 1983, the National Assembly moved a motion in its Order paper, calling for the creation of Adada State.

Unfortunately, that order was sabotaged.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isi_Uzo
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by maestroferddi: 8:24pm On Jul 07, 2014
passion007:

Nwanne, neenu map.
Ekewaa Imo, o ga-epekari Lagos.
Ekewaa Enugu, steeti ibuo ya bukarikwa Lagos.
Lagos bu ihe e ji ama atu na confab maka na o bu steeti pekarichaa na Naijiria.
Hapukwanu, esemokwu adiro n'ihea.
Adada bukwanu steeti Igbo, ka anyi kwado ya!
Ina atokwa ochi, di anyi. Ala Africa nwere karia obodo iri ise na achi onwe ha. Mba Sudan, Kongo DR, Algeria na Mali no ya bu ndi nwere nnukwu ala. Enwekwara obodo Gambia, Guinea-Bissau, Lesotho, Cape Verde, Rwanda na ndi ozo pekariri karia. Ha ncha na-achi onwe ha:asighi ka-enukota ha ncha onu ka ha buo ibu ka ndi nnukwu mbu a. Ya mere hapu okwu n'ihe gbasara ubara ala. Njaba State nwere imirikiti madu:ebu di ya; nfu di ya. Ndi Orlu nwe mmuta na agum-akwukwo; ma ya foduzie ulo-oru mmeputa aku-na-uba na ngwa ahia. Akuku Anambra ga-esonye na Njaba bu ndi azumahia were anya nke oma. Obu na oweghi ewu na okuko anya na alum di na nwunyea ga-abu nke emere na-eluigwe? Njaba State ga-akwu chim!!!
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by oyecuteez(m): 8:29pm On Jul 07, 2014
dhammyg:
DUDE.IBADAN IS THE LARGEST CITY IN WEST AFRICA,AND 3RD LARGEST CITY IN AFRICA.IT HAS A VERY LARGE LAND MASS.SO I DISAGREE WITH U STATING THAT OKE OGUN&OGBOMOSHO COVER 70% IS TOTALLY FALSE
. Thank U for stating the obvious. I would love you to visit any ministry that can give you tangible info about the landmass of oyo state. Then u will judge whether I'm right or wrong. U can as well google it and map-out the area I stated earlier. Information is quite easy to get nowadays. Not forgetting your submission, if just because ibadan is the 3rd largest in africa, then oyo state should av been one of the largest in africa. Wat I'm driving at is; we r not judging individual town or city here, all I talked about is region.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Kashamu Begging Adebutu Kessignton ‘Baba Ijebu’ From Sick Bed (Leaked Video) / Deputy Governor In Trouble For Transferring COVID-19 Fund To A Woman's Account / Names & Pictures Of Officers Who Died In The Kaduna Plane Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.