Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital (104667 Views)

"Full List Of 2016 Budgets For Nigeria States And Allocated Revenue " / The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB / Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by oluamid(m): 11:10am On Jul 08, 2014
MadCow1:

Okay!!

Now I must ask, Are you intentionally fhucking with Me or is it that you cant read or you cant understand what you read?! angry

Now read this slowly; "A FEW HAVE COCOA" is different from "A FEW COCOA". angry

Now I can agree that every state has the potential to be economically independent, but I am not basing my post of 'pontential' but on what is currently applicable. Forgive me for not adding Timber. The West actually has a shitload of Timber and stones. But not all that states in the West are profitable. The Middle Belt States have agriculture I believe.. Gboko Yams ring a bell.

Anyways, I am not in support of creating new states, if anything, reduce the states we currently have and run the federal system of government like it should be.

If we want to talk about what is currently applicable then only Lagos will make the cut. Imagine this for a second:

NO FEDERAL GOVERNMENT ALLOWANCE FOR A MONTH for the whole 36 states!

That will almost result in anarchy.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Chino72: 11:12am On Jul 08, 2014
I support Adada! Its the only viable state to be created!

3 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by mandax: 11:43am On Jul 08, 2014
passion007: But, Mandax, why are you hell-bent on having Ihiala?
Excising Ihiala from Anambra will automatically make Anambra the smallest state in Nigeria, smaller than Lagos!
And without Ihiala, Njaba will also be smaller than Lagos!

This action reeks of desperation, if you ask me.

#Support Adada State

Your argument is most silly. Ihiala is just one out of the 21 Lgas in Anambra state. Ihiala lga land mass taken out of Anambra state makes little difference to what is left in the remaining 20 lgas.
The time Ebonyi state was carved out mainly from Enugu state in 1996 was when any future prospect of creating Adada state was severely shortchanged/dimmed. Where were you then?

Time to leave you and Chino72 with his 10 or more handles on NL to continue to wallow in your abject ignorance on NL.

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by trekas: 12:12pm On Jul 08, 2014
I think Benue state suppose to have a state other than Apa. For me katsina Ala state with capital in katsina Ala should be created and the following local government be extracted; logo, kastina Ala, ukum, kwande, ushongu, vandekya, konshisha.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Paulchris(m): 12:41pm On Jul 08, 2014
Obiagelli: in all these na nursery school pupils i pity pass, how dem wan read this state and capital?

Btw what will the national assembly look like? Over 400 senators and 1000 reps. Like everything gej, another waste of time and fund.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by waternogetenemy: 12:47pm On Jul 08, 2014
Chino72: I support Adada! Its the only viable state to be created!

That map looks just like SEUN noise. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Adada is a beautiful creation necessary for Ndiigbo.

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by siokpe: 12:58pm On Jul 08, 2014
trekas: I think Benue state suppose to have a state other than Apa. For me katsina Ala state with capital in katsina Ala should be created and the following local government be extracted; logo, kastina Ala, ukum, kwande, ushongu, vandekya, konshisha.

Dirty talk. why are your people not talking at the confab

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by pazienza(m): 1:45pm On Jul 08, 2014
MadCow1:

Lol.. grin

Yeah!! I have heard about this Oil belonging to the Federal Government thing before. grin

Well, thats not what I am here to debate, but the fact remains if we split up, that oil belongs to the territory in which it is obtained.

Well, we are yet to split. Until then, the oil belongs to the FG.

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by pazienza(m): 1:50pm On Jul 08, 2014
MissMeiya:

Really. What state am I from, and how does it favor me?

You're very near-sighted and useless. Imagine this senseless mentality. Let us chop until it is finished. Nigerians like you are the downfall of the country.

That post was not just addressed to you,it was addressed to any other person out there with your mentality.

The downfall of Nigeria,is the least of my concerns, what to get from her before her downfall is of greater interest to me. I am only being pragmatic, but you on the other hand, you are needlessly emotional.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by pazienza(m): 1:51pm On Jul 08, 2014
Afam4eva: I will have to agree with Pazienza here. Nigerians can be full of hypocrisy st times. It's only when people ask for equality and fairness that they start preaching that states are not viable. Where were they when new states were created in 1991 and 1996? It's simple. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. If the states are not viable then all the states in the country should be scrapped. But until then, every part of this country have to enjoy the dividends from the center. You don't say that the government should not create more states due to non-viability and at the same time not complain about the already existing state.

Finally, someone who understands, onye malu egwu eji. Dalu nwanne.

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by SenatorJames(m): 1:59pm On Jul 08, 2014
LMAyedun: We need a new state out of Kogi state - Okun state.
Seconded!!!

The way the Igala people are maltreating Ebira and Okun in this present Kogi state is too much. The best solution (which cannot be possible) would be for the 3 tribes to stand alone as a state, because the Ebira and Okun-yoruba that seems to be friendly now, is just to oppose Igala, the story will also change if they are to be merge as an entity.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 08, 2014
pazienza:

That post was not just addressed to you,it was addressed to any other person out there with your mentality.

[size=18pt]The downfall of Nigeria,is the least of my concerns, what to get from her before her downfall is of greater interest to me.[/size] I am only being pragmatic, but you on the other hand, you are needlessly emotional.

Afam4eva still agree with this guy?
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by pazienza(m): 3:10pm On Jul 08, 2014
MissMeiya:

Afam4eva still agree with this guy?

Leave Afam alone. If you so much love Nigeria, start writing petition for the merging of your non-viable state, to the nearest non viable state to you.
That way you can save FG the cost of running your useless state.

Stop this your holier than thou attitude already.

3 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 08, 2014
pazienza:

Leave Afam alone. If you so much love Nigeria, start writing petition for the merging of your non-viable state, to the nearest non viable state to you.
That way you can save FG the cost of running your useless state.

Stop this your holier than thou attitude already.

Are you feeling ashamed of yourself now?

I'm studying energy management because I want to reform the power sector and stimulate the growth of a working middle-class, and I've never spent up to a year in Nigeria my entire life. So don't question my patriotism.

Very pathetic person, enemy of progress.

God forbid you get what you want. If they even manage to be born, your descendants will curse your name for eternity. Selfish thing.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by GAR3TH(m): 4:08pm On Jul 08, 2014
State creation is a cancer. To be honest I believe nigeria will be better of with the six regions becoming their own states and empowering the LGAs and states while decentralizing the federal government.

Another idea that I always think of was if each mid - major ethnic group had there own majority states while subgroups, and minor ethnic groups will run and fully control there own LGAs. With a total of about 20 or so states. If someone screams marganilzation they can easily create a new LGA and not a state since they will have full control.

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by BrosPeter: 4:28pm On Jul 08, 2014
Every one wants a state.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by PapaFejiro: 5:26pm On Jul 08, 2014
Obiagelli: in all these na nursery school pupils i pity pass, how dem wan read this state and capital?

Btw what will the national assembly look like? Over 400 senators and 1000 reps. Like everything gej, another waste of time and fund.
best comment ever on NL. Thats IMO. I really had a good laugh. Thanks.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by rafindo(m): 7:03pm On Jul 08, 2014
pazienza:

Since we can't merge states, it's only right that we provide equal number of states for all, and when the time comes, we suffer as one.
.who says we cant merge state.ur sentiment towards reality is very alarming.the constitution has already provided the rules for state creation but due to the stringent measures put in place politican are looking for shortcut by druming the tune of sentiment.if any group want to create a state,the constitution requires 2/3 of members representing the area in the national assembly,house,councillors to sign a petition.the result is sent for a referendum.

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by pazienza(m): 7:08pm On Jul 08, 2014
MissMeiya:

Are you feeling ashamed of yourself now?

I'm studying energy management because I want to reform the power sector and stimulate the growth of a working middle-class, and I've never spent up to a year in Nigeria my entire life. So don't question my patriotism.

Very pathetic person, enemy of progress.

God forbid you get what you want. If they even manage to be born, your descendants will curse your name for eternity. Selfish thing.

Haha! Some people just can't deal with the bitter truth, they would rather have the sweet lies. I am a realist, sorry if you can't deal with the truth.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by samuel25(m): 7:08pm On Jul 08, 2014
Xfactoria:

God bless you my brother! I had this same argument with people on my facebook page about the stupidity of additional state creation. I noted that the only time in the history of Nigeria that there was accelerated development was when we had regions and the local government councils were strong in pre-civil war Nigeria.

This recommendation is being driven by ego and pride and the economics of it just doesn't make sense. The cost of governance will increase (as if our democracy is not already expensive) and government revenue shared among states and local governments will end up being used to service 18 new rogues, sorry governors and their endless lists of special advisers and PAs. Think of their security votes which would amount to 9 billion monthly (assuming 500 million per state). Think of the new sets of official cars that will be bought and maintained. Think of the 18 new governor's lodges, 18 new state secretariats, commissioners etc. Think of new sets of legislators at the state and federal level ( 54 new Senators assuming 3 per state, 162 new house of reps members assuming 9 per state). The list is endless of the teething problems that will put real development on hold.

If anyone wants to know how stupid and senseless it is to be creating states without thinking it through, check how these states are faring since they were created - Ekiti, Osun, Ebonyi, Nassarawa and Kebbi. These states can barely pay workers' salaries and the ones controlled by APC are borrowing money to finance projects because their allocation leaves nothing when politicians pay themselves and workers. Ever heard of states being insolvent? There are many in Nigeria today that are on the brink of bankruptcy. In business, companies merge or acquire each other when some of them become insolvent. That sort of consolidation is what should be taking place in Nigeria and not creating more mushroom states. Ekiti should by now be negotiating merger with Ondo State etc.

This crap is like a thousand steps backward!

The mentality of we Nigerian is dragging this country backward. Despite the fact that those mentioned state keep borrowing, yet politicians still looted in those state. Let those states be created so that many people have access to government either in development or otherwise (looting). Even if the state were not created, the existing one are being run by the same set of old fools. If created, more job opportunities at both new state capital and LG headquarters.

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by rafindo(m): 7:13pm On Jul 08, 2014
mandax:
You cause confusion to Igbo with your several handles, that's all.
No doubt, you eat, sleep, dream on NL 247 exhibiting your inferiority complex? You have no job?

You are no true Igbo or history is strange to you; you said it, you do not come from Ihiala: it was even Ihiala people that asked to be returned to their kin in Imo West zone through the proposed sixth state. Ihiala leaders joined in the demand for Anim/Njaba state. Most of Ihiala belonged to old Orlu division until a few years ago. Most of Ihiala is still in Orlu Catholic diocese till today. Go siddon.
.in ndoni and etche some churches are stil under owerri and aba.wat ur argument usin that line.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jul 08, 2014
pazienza:

Haha! Some people just can't deal with the bitter truth, they would rather have the sweet lies. I am a realist, sorry if you can't deal with the truth.

If that's what you need to tell yourself. But the fact is you came into this world to do NOTHING. Your name will die with you. Do the world a favor and don't have children. Not like you plan to take care of them anyway.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by pazienza(m): 7:34pm On Jul 08, 2014
MissMeiya:

If that's what you need to tell yourself. But the fact is you came into this world to do NOTHING. Your name will die with you. Do the world a favor and don't have children. Not like you plan to take care of them anyway.

Wow! See emotions! Are you by any means psychotic? Ndo.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by rafindo(m): 7:38pm On Jul 08, 2014
Chino72: I support Adada! Its the only viable state to be created!
.we practice federalism copied from america yet we discard the spirit they use in implementing it.when the agitators for the creation of long island state was on.their case fell apart base on the fact the creation of the state wil render new york state economically inviable since the economy was base on the island.reason prevailed over their but in nigeria we sacrifice reasoning to sentiment.lagos has the smallest landmass by 3560 sq km.if enugu the largest landmass in east by 7141 sq km is spilted into 2 .the new state nd the old becomes the smallest states.population is dynamic but landmas is static.what we should be fighting for in nsukka is a mayoral statue with limited autonomy.

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 08, 2014
pazienza:

Wow! See emotions! Are you by any means psychotic? Ndo.

I know you aren't familiar with the concept, but it's called patriotism. Parasite.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jul 08, 2014
GAR3TH: State creation is a cancer. To be honest I believe nigeria will be better of with the six regions becoming their own states and empowering the LGAs and states while decentralizing the federal government.

Another idea that I always think of was if each mid - major ethnic group had there own majority states while subgroups, and minor ethnic groups will run and fully control there own LGAs. With a total of about 20 or so states. If someone screams marganilzation they can easily create a new LGA and not a state since they will have full control.

i share this position as well.
some people can't see beyond their noses, yet they insult those who can.
selfishness has totally blinded them.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by searay(m): 9:23pm On Jul 08, 2014
What is Akpabio doing? What happen to Itai State I use to hear when I was small. Itai State out Akwa Ibom
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by portix: 9:39pm On Jul 08, 2014
smiley

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by samuel25(m): 11:28pm On Jul 08, 2014
relchange:

i share this position as well.
some people can't see beyond their noses, yet they insult those who can.
selfishness has totally blinded them.

I don’t know why some people will continue to make themselves obstacles to Nigeria match for greatness. can any body compare the development for example that we have in
communities in Osun state today to what it was when they were in Oyo ,can any body compare the development we have in delta communities today esp asaba ,oghara etc to what we have when they were in bendel,can any body compare the development we have in anambra today to what it was when they were in old anambra.any section that feels state creation did not bring any development to their area should continue with what they have at hand while allowing others who feels
otherwise to move ahead without any let or
hindrance. those who choose to remain almajiri with mud and thatched houses ,drinking water from streams and rivers and living inside bushes and forests should be allowed to continue their life the way they preferred.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by pazienza(m): 12:02am On Jul 09, 2014
MissMeiya:

I know you aren't familiar with the concept, but it's called patriotism. Parasite.

Patroitism? Well i am quite familiar with it. I see it in my uncles dead pics hung in my dad's room, i hear of stories about it from my parents and uncles,four brothers sent on war front to protect the borders of a nation from invaders, an anxious mother having been displaced from her home and turned to refugee, waited for their return, her tears when only two of the four came back. The story it was told of fearless Igbo men who laid down their lives to defend a great nation. For three years,they wrote history with their blood, that their effort and labour might not be in vain.

Every odd was against them, the Super powers,lack of guns and bullets, food shortage, their women and children bombed and starved to death, yet they marched on, that history might one day remember that few once stood against many.

Yes, i know what patroitism looks like, it was BIAFRA .

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 1:22am On Jul 09, 2014
pazienza:

Patroitism? Well i am quite familiar with it. I see it in my uncles dead pics hung in my dad's room, i hear of stories about it from my parents and uncles,four brothers sent on war front to protect the borders of a nation from invaders, an anxious mother having been displaced from her home and turned to refugee, waited for their return, her tears when only two of the four came back. The story it was told of fearless Igbo men who laid down their lives to defend a great nation. For three years,they wrote history with their blood, that their effort and labour might not be in vain.

Every odd was against them, the Super powers,lack of guns and bullets, food shortage, their women and children bombed and starved to death, yet they marched on, that history might one day remember that few once stood against many.

Yes, i know what patroitism looks like, it was BIAFRA .

Is that what you'll tell your children when they ask you why your generation failed them? Why they inherited a fúcked up country? Do you think no one else has suffered? And yet, they still fight to improve Nigeria.

If you hate Nigeria so much, [size=18pt]leave[/size].
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 1:27am On Jul 09, 2014
MissMeiya:

Is that what you'll tell your children when they ask you why your generation failed them? Why they inherited a fúcked up country? Do you think no one else has suffered? And yet, they still fight to improve Nigeria.

If you hate Nigeria so much, [size=18pt]leave[/size].

Improve Nigeria, on the internet yano. grin

Internet activist: it seems you smoke too much BK sour diesel, or maybe it's that Harlem purple-haze, who knows? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Kashamu Begging Adebutu Kessignton ‘Baba Ijebu’ From Sick Bed (Leaked Video) / Names & Pictures Of Officers Who Died In The Kaduna Plane Crash / Deputy Governor In Trouble For Transferring COVID-19 Fund To A Woman's Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.