Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) (36175 Views)

About To Fly To North Cyprus / North Cyprus / The Bitter-truth As An International Student In The Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by ukicom86(m): 8:59am On Jul 22, 2014
akinlex:
yes! no jokes
I believe you Sir.
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by ukicom86(m): 10:49am On Jul 22, 2014
Yungmilio2:
how far your processing
xup dude
Will update when there is change.
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by Yungmilio2(m): 10:57am On Jul 22, 2014
ukicom86: Will update when there is change.
okay
success man

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by jaydave: 5:53pm On Jul 22, 2014
Lol... This guy na real Nija guy.. Even though ppl been saying trnc ain't good, u can't survive there if u got a poor financial support but dis dude still took d risk.. I hail u for that!!... But guy u fall my hand sha... U be poor Yabatech product b dat.. I finished my ND with 3.51 last yr, got two frnds that r good academically too, one in trnc and oda in USA, ohio precisely and they ain't complaining at all, they even found it easy studying there than when we were in yaba college of tension... Lol... U know wah I mean if u truly a product of yaba d great
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 22, 2014
Yea right thanks for your contribution, that's why it's a journal, we can't be the same no matter what...so many factors in place... What was my department in yabatech? When did I leave school before coming to TRNC? Hint*** Look! it's over a decade I left high school 12 years to be precise... **** did u read the diary at all?? I'm a proud Yabatech product! But u need to come walk in my shoe for some minute if you will comment like that again!?? we are all just dynamic in our own different ways...Before you go? If you study environmental course in yct and you in TRNC studying engineering offering basic courses like calculus and the likes which you barely have to do in yabatech, how will you cope with that.... You proly didn't read the diary!!!
Do you know that academic results are not the best way to evaluate once performance? Come with your 4.0 grade point result and I should come with my 0.1, when we get to the site as an engineer, you will have to listen to me..it's a fact! Just to prove a point of academic grade points being mere digits when performance evaluation is in play.
Still don't forget, it's my personal private life journal, I have no regrets, I'm proud of who I am, who I will become... And if yct/yct products ain't proud of me, I got a better Alma mater that will be proud of me soon.
I hope you are not expecting lies or a near perfect experience. Don't judge!
Will update later in the day hopefully with some photos.. God bless y'all

30 Likes

Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by jaydave: 7:03pm On Jul 22, 2014
I finished my high sch 2004 too, admission wahala for Nija delayed my education.. Plus my edu had to withdraw back a bit cos I went to technical sch after my sch cert...... Bro am proud of u ooo , don't get it twisted for d fact dat u a yct stdnt.. Plus I so much like d courage u summon to travel without much financial support
Ah guess by now have seen a mentor, m gon embark on dis studying in abroad tinz.. Ah no go shake again
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by Yungmilio2(m): 8:41pm On Jul 22, 2014
I dey wait o
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by Pelumiv(m): 2:14am On Jul 23, 2014
Se ur later in d day never reach @ Op?
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by honeyad(m): 6:37am On Jul 23, 2014
akinlex:

then was not cold, you haven't experienced the winter period when you have to wear upto 5 jackets. you see anything, even lecturers would thank you for attending classes during this period.

Dude stop exaggerating.. Even in far Russia, they don't put on 5 jackets.. Not to talk abt north Cyprus that doesn't even get to minus degree.. Zero is its coldest Celsius

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by Yungmilio2(m): 7:04am On Jul 23, 2014
honeyad:

Dude stop exaggerating.. Even in far Russia, they don't put on 5 jackets.. Not to talk abt north Cyprus that doesn't even get to minus degree.. Zero is its coldest Celsius
no mind the guy jare
like say we never go Yankee before
in Russia the way you see dia babes dress self. cold no go catch you again. #hot
back in Estonia. during winter just a confirm quality okrika jacket,shirt, mofla, headwarmer, your boot and your glove. you ready to head out..
Five Jacket? how you wan even take wear am
lol

3 Likes

Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by GboyegaD(m): 12:18pm On Jul 23, 2014
jaydave: Lol... This guy na real Nija guy.. Even though ppl been saying trnc ain't good, u can't survive there if u got a poor financial support but dis dude still took d risk.. I hail u for that!!... But guy u fall my hand sha... U be poor Yabatech product b dat.. I finished my ND with 3.51 last yr, got two frnds that r good academically too, one in trnc and oda in USA, ohio precisely and they ain't complaining at all, they even found it easy studying there than when we were in yaba college of tension... Lol... U know wah I mean if u truly a product of yaba d great

Some peeps may not complain because they know their complain wouldn't change anything but to say they are finding it easy might just be a way of encouraging themselves. Truth is it is never that easy because of the style of studying abroad which include many homework, quizzes, amongst others. Thus, you need not make mockery of the OP for been sincere.

3 Likes

Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by Soldierboy30(m): 1:17pm On Jul 23, 2014
I will update my ow pictures on my study abroad in nije republic later**joking**. Op I got a friend in north and he keeps adversing me to come school over there as there is job I should not be scared of anyfinancial crisis what so ever. Is this statement True?

Am patiently awaiting ur picture updates it will spaice up ur tread a little more.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by Yungmilio2(m): 2:35pm On Jul 23, 2014
Soldierboy30: I will update my ow pictures on my study abroad in nije republic later**joking**. Op I got a friend in north and he keeps adversing me to come school over there as there is job I should not be scared of anyfinancial crisis what so ever. Is this statement True?

Am patiently awaiting ur picture updates it will spaice up ur tread a little more.
your friend might be a lucky dude to get a nice job nice pay, and hope you know he has financial support from ninja
...!
and going f the first time and has a new student things may be a little bit hard for you during your first year
just have enough fund for your first year, cuz you don't expect to get to NC today and get a job within 1month, and your school should be number 1 tin. before others...
sha I trust Nigerians
anywhere we go to
we sha go survive ni
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by Soldierboy30(m): 8:12pm On Jul 23, 2014
Yungmilio2:
your friend might be a lucky dude to get a nice job nice pay, and hope you know he has financial support from ninja
...!
and going f the first time and has a new student things may be a little bit hard for you during your first year
just have enough fund for your first year, cuz you don't expect to get to NC today and get a job within 1month, and your school should be number 1 tin. before others...
sha I trust Nigerians
anywhere we go to
we sha go survive ni

thank you@yungmilio
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by Yungmilio2(m): 9:09pm On Jul 23, 2014
Soldierboy30:
thank you@yungmilio
you welcome sir
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by Nobody: 2:42am On Jul 24, 2014
Well done! Y'all Hijacked my thread abi **sobbing** There is Godu oo, on a more serious note, I appreciate the audience, and I wish i can update a little more faster ... I will be attaching some of my pictures now .. I hope I find a way through it ..
The First picture was during my stop over in Ataturk Airport Istanbul (One of the most magnificent airport around). The first Sunday in Cyprus, the third was at MMIA with a friend, about going in, the last was my first party on the Island (For international new student I suppose)

3 Likes

Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by Nobody: 2:52am On Jul 24, 2014
First trip out for international student to the Mavi Kiosk (Blue House) look it up
still the trip
The African Award night in EMU 012, my first time in the school .. still fresh

Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by Nobody: 3:02am On Jul 24, 2014
A section of the school Library .. Not very massive but it's an architectural edifice trust me..
The second is my first summer here, wondering how this kids jump into this sea.. I never swim in Nigeria, our parents will strictly warn us to desist from it... based on some spiritual superstition.... Now, I compete with Micheal Phelps in that Mediterranean wink
The third! Still my first summer at the fair that lasted for few weeks.. It helped us.. and the lady beside me? Some random African student wink
Fourth, we waiting for the fair to start .. That is what boredom can do to you during summer smiley

Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by Nobody: 3:07am On Jul 24, 2014
Summer was over, Its a new semester and it's my first October 1st here, the international office as well as the Nigerian student tried, there was a rally around the community, cake cutting, photo session and the likes ...
I will continue on the pictures as well as the update on the journal tomorrow but meanwhile,where did I stop the other time?
Oh yea! Back to my third semester, the weather was favorable, unlike the previous semester, studying was easy and we weren't stabbing lots of class. Most times we do that as a result of sleep, and the very cold weather, you find your bed very comfy, the thought of walking to school alone can make you drop out of school during winter.
The semester was good except for my financial predicament, paying my rent as well as bill every month made matters worst, I got bailed out and I did write my exam well... The result was an improvement to previous semester but wasn't still good enough, there is always a factor in play.. Wanting to make ends meet while going to school there is almost nothing, as well as going to classes with empty stomach and bothered state of mind.
Anyways, I scaled through... It's June, another summer is here.. I experienced two summer break in 18 month.. That is the disadvantage of being an irregular student, everything was irregular and is still irregular about us. What am I doing this summer? This rich kids around me are already planning on running home or finding a safe haven, due to the very hot weather as well as the state of boredom. I had no where to go, I can't even go to the city for a day self, fingers was crossed, no planning, maybe we will get a job, I will prefer summer school but it's not feasible on financial ground.
My friend's Missus came again few days before the end of June, wow! she will help us have some fun. She loved the hot weather as she was coming from a very cold country that barely experience summer, and maybe something else brings her here too wink (No be my mouth una go hear sey teacher mama die). That was my best summer ever, and may probably my most interesting summer on the Island.. How did it pans out? I will update with pictures soon. Got lot's of things to do in the day, and it's 5 23am already...The son of man will be back

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by Yungmilio2(m): 5:22am On Jul 24, 2014
EEW
first to comment
nice pix
although nah only your beards I dey see
nice one
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by lillaowow(m): 6:52am On Jul 24, 2014
Nice pictures. With all this beautiful pictures, maybe you suffering was just "metaphorical". Nice thread. Keep it up. More grace.
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by ukicom86(m): 8:48am On Jul 24, 2014
I will say #Cocastic. Hahahaaha, nice pix mctospell.
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by modewap: 10:03pm On Jul 24, 2014
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by honeyad(m): 11:24pm On Jul 24, 2014
Mctolspell.. Now I know u tongue sent you a pm
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by ukicom86(m): 11:30pm On Jul 24, 2014
modewap: Have been following silently since page one, nice write up sir. Please mctospell i will like sharing your dairy on my facebook page with just 70likes. Is permission granted sir?
NOT PERMITTED. What do you intend to gain? How could you even think of that in the first place People might start calling mctospell names. Let's leave it at/within NL. Well, mctospell have the final say.

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by modewap: 12:03am On Jul 25, 2014
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by WhyNa: 7:36am On Jul 25, 2014
Dude dis is someone's diary, someone's life he decided to share with us. Leave it where it is. I dnt see any other reason you would want to share this on your facebook timeline other than to to get more likes and comments.

You want pple to know about Nigerian education system? Who tell u say dem no knw? Ask them to join nairaland and see for them selves.

This guy might end up publishing his story and then u wud hv committed piracy. Just respect his desire to share this with us and leave it where it is. And if U tink U can do it and he wunt find out, remeber there is Google. Ntn on the internet is hidden from google.

5 Likes

Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by ukicom86(m): 7:45am On Jul 25, 2014
You don't need to be told how bad Nigerian Education is. Look at how our school is set up and the mode of learning/teaching. During my first degree, There was a defence we did in a particular course, a guy I was teaching in front of the lecturer office door scored higher than me bcoz he knew the lecturer and the are friends, its not even so cool. If you do not buy any textbook then you are not sure of a D. I don't need to start listing everything here. There are many holes that needs to be filled, that is if it can be filled. Well, like I said earlier; its left for the OP to permit you to copy/lift his thread since you wanna be a gentle man. I respect you for that. And about people calling him names, many people have different ways of viewing/interpreting things. Mctospell@ sorry, this is not a hijack. I know that there is God...hahaaha. Waiting to see more updates.
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by ukicom86(m): 7:47am On Jul 25, 2014
WhyNa: Dude dis is someone's diary, someone's life he decided to share with us. Leave it where it is. I dnt see any other reason you would want to share this on your facebook timeline other than to to get more likes and comments.

You want pple to know about Nigerian education system? Who tell u say dem no knw? Ask them to join nairaland and see for them selves.

This guy might end up publishing his story and then u wud hv committed piracy. Just respect his desire to share this with us and leave it where it is. And if U tink U can do it and he wunt find out, remeber there is Google. Ntn on the internet is hidden from google.
wow! I see another person thinking like me. Thanks buddy, You have said it all.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by Artorius(m): 7:58am On Jul 25, 2014
WhyNa: Dude dis is someone's diary, someone's life he decided to share with us. Leave it where it is. I dnt see any other reason you would want to share this on your facebook timeline other than to to get more likes and comments.

@the bolded, not true.
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by WhyNa: 8:01am On Jul 25, 2014
Artorius:
@the bolded, not true.

Please type on of your facebook posts on googleets see what happens.
Re: Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) by WhyNa: 8:01am On Jul 25, 2014
Artorius:
@the bolded, not true.

Please type one of your facebook posts on google lets see what happens.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ambode’s Wire-mesh Fence On Expressways Are Being Vandalized (see PHOTOS) / Amazing Speedy Construction Of GRA Junction Flyover Port Harcourt: Pics & Video / List Of Lagos Roads & Bridges Under Okada & Tricycle Restrictions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.