Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,170 members, 7,842,361 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) - Politics (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) (231069 Views)

Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) / Ex-gen Calls For Documentation Of Nigerian Army’s Campaign Th / Boko Haram 'Slaughter Wives' In North Eastern Nigeria: Witnesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by bidexiii: 10:08am On Jul 26, 2014
SiriusBlack: Roger that bro...can I also repost the old photos I posted on the 2nd thread before the data loss?
oga sirius please do .... There some pictures I love in d loss data of the former thread .
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by egbaguy: 10:10am On Jul 26, 2014
it wnt be totally false if i say the NA has little regard for Human Right. The incident in zaria yesterday is a pointer to that. Some weeks ago,diz same NA burnt BRT buses over d death of an officer. NA fails to learn frm history. We all knw diz BH madness was caused by the killing of mohd yusuf in maiduguri.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by egbaguy: 10:15am On Jul 26, 2014
dnt NA knw dat Violence beget Violence We are still battling BH,what happens if these shiite too take up arms? Why does d NA love flexing it muscles against defenceless civilians? Aint we partners in curbing crimes? Are we civilians second class citizens? Is it a crime nt to belong to d military? Shud we all run away at ur sight? NA keeps making some of us dat still av respect for dem to doubt if dey worth it.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by bidexiii: 10:16am On Jul 26, 2014
If the FG is truly buying 40 chopers for attack's,trasport and utility ...honestly that would be a great welcome but I av not heard about any main MBT and AFV/IFV we needs battle chariots badly. Nice av sing the MKIII spatran and its pretty sexy and tough and d proudly made in nigeria igrigri. The ones we r old though d army is doing a great job in still keeping dem in shape. But we need modern batttle IFV dat comes with FLIR capabilities! It will seriously help for all sort of militriy operation !
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by brownlords: 10:18am On Jul 26, 2014
egbaguy: dnt NA knw dat Violence beget Violence We are still battling BH,what happens if these shiite too take up arms? Why does d NA love flexing it muscles against defenceless civilians? Aint we partners in curbing crimes? Are we civilians second class citizens? Is it a crime nt to belong to d military? Shud we all run away at ur sight? NA keeps making some of us dat still av respect for dem to doubt if dey worth it.

Bros forget plenty talk. are they the only muslim in the world, which sane group will want to organise another round of protest at a time our country is trying to restore peace and normalcy to the same place they are fighting, don't just fault our security men without getting their side of the story. should they even be protesting in the first place? abeg

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 10:18am On Jul 26, 2014
Nigerian Army T-55 Tank at Foward Operating Base.
Frontlines of the North East.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by brownlords: 10:21am On Jul 26, 2014
SiriusBlack: Nigerian Army T-55 Tank at Foward Operating Base.
Frontlines of the North East.

Morning officer sirus, how is your morale today? God guide you and other men in front line.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by bidexiii: 10:24am On Jul 26, 2014
egbaguy: dnt NA knw dat Violence beget Violence We are still battling BH,what happens if these shiite too take up arms? Why does d NA love flexing it muscles against defenceless civilians? Aint we partners in curbing crimes? Are we civilians second class citizens? Is it a crime nt to belong to d military? Shud we all run away at ur sight? NA keeps making some of us dat still av respect for dem to doubt if dey worth it.
from d story I read am not a military guy O,but dose military guys where on patrol and those muslim shitti did not allow dem to pass. I think its only somebody who does not av a future would do dat,block armed men on duty. To me dey r like BH sympathizers. But d does military guys dat did dat had to be court martial and d family compensated. But d truth is an average soldier during war/conflict should not be joked with!
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by brownlords: 10:28am On Jul 26, 2014
bidexiii: from d story I read am not a military guy O,but dose military guys where on patrol and those muslim shitti did not allow dem to pass. I think its only somebody who does not av a future dat would do dat block armed men on duty. To me dey r like BH sympathizers. But d does military guys dat did dat had to be court martial and d family compensated. But d truth is an average soldier during war/conflict should not be joked with!

Come make una stop that nonsense, court martial them for what? so if the guys are armed and daring them, they should have submitted their arms and we can shout later they are incompetent right? as far as i'm concern North is a war zone and any idiat that misbehave should be cut down simple.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by bidexiii: 10:36am On Jul 26, 2014
brownlords:

Come make una stop that nonsense, court martial them for what? so if the guys are armed and daring them, they should have submitted their arms and we can shout later they are incompetent right? as far as i'm concern North is a war zone and any idiat that misbehave should be cut down simple.
. Pls for peace sake dat was why I said anybody dat as a fuTure and its not crazy would not dare a armed military man during conflits when dey av taking there doze and to dose guys r nothing but BH sympathizers. If am there I would never come such places because I av a future am labouring for but for peace sake our words r powerfull it can bring peace and war but for sirius sake let's just leave it like that !
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 10:36am On Jul 26, 2014
SiriusBlack: Roger that bro...can I also repost the old photos I posted on the 2nd thread before the data loss?

Please do man.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by egbaguy: 10:43am On Jul 26, 2014
brownlords:

Bros forget plenty talk. are they the only muslim in the world, which sane group will want to organise another round of protest at a time our country is trying to restore peace and normalcy to the same place they are fighting, don't just fault our security men without getting their side of the story. should they even be protesting in the first place? abeg
did u hear ursef? If some fools decide to show dir traits,shud d NA descend to this level? Do u think innocent people wnt be victims too?
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by bidexiii: 10:45am On Jul 26, 2014
brownlords:

. Cutting dem down any how for anybody who misbehave will be very bad for NA image and I understand dat d north right now is a volatile region. But let me tell u someone there r two main types of war d psychological war and d lateral war. And let me tell u d most important one is d psychological war right now d NA needs d gud image to win dis war against dis bastards and it will further more boost d morale of those gallant guys on d frontline. How would u be fighting for a good and just course and some fucken media would be painting u bad, it weakens morale !
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by bidexiii: 10:50am On Jul 26, 2014
brownlords:

. And dat was what happen some few months ago when soldiers where closing and clamping down on some newspaper . It simply because some guys r dying on frontlines and some ppl r using there pencil to destroy d image of NA. So broa I understand how u feel . But d image of NA we must protect here and to d outer world. Thanks !
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by cirmuell(m): 11:37am On Jul 26, 2014
NafeesaAA: After wasting innocent souls, it is now they are taking Shetttima words seriously

Boko Haram better armed, better motivated — Shettima
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/02/boko-haram-better-armed-better-motivated-shettima/

Nigeria Has Capacity But Lacks Will to Tackle Boko Haram, Says US Official
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nigeria-has-capacity-but-lacks-will-to-tackle-boko-haram-says-us-official/160826/
will you pls shut up?

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by 4Play(m): 12:34pm On Jul 26, 2014

I'm glad a Nigerian understands that it's this kind of heavy-handed response that feeds insurgencies.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by egbaguy: 12:49pm On Jul 26, 2014
Imagine as a father,three of ur children were extra judicially killed by soldier. How wud u feel? U will support d soldiers in dir attempt to defeat BH,right? Can the NA ever Learn? If mohd yusuf wasnt kill,wud we av been trying to solve diz BH issue now?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 1:17pm On Jul 26, 2014
egbaguy: Imagine as a father,three of ur children were extra judicially killed by soldier. How wud u feel? U will support d soldiers in dir attempt to defeat BH,right? Can the NA ever Learn? If mohd yusuf wasnt kill,wud we av been trying to solve diz BH issue now?
Yusuf was killed by the Police..not the Army..get the facts right.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 1:23pm On Jul 26, 2014
Nigerian Army...Frontlines of the North East.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by egbaguy: 1:32pm On Jul 26, 2014
SiriusBlack: Yusuf was killed by the Police..not the Army..get the facts right.
bro,is dir any difference btw SIX and half a dozen? U and i knw NA dnt av d best record of respecting human right. I knw officers like u wnt be into these rubbish act,given ur level of intellectualism. General siriusblack,NA need more friends than enemies. If dey kill us finish,dem no go enjoy staying alone in naija oooo
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by tit(f): 2:11pm On Jul 26, 2014
Yusuf and Boko Haram were already killing Nigerians before law enforcement caught up with them.
You are making it seem like the man and his followers were sipping fanta in his parlor before they were apprehended.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by EasternLeopard: 2:40pm On Jul 26, 2014
tit: Yusuf and Boko Haram were already killing Nigerians before law enforcement caught up with them.
You are making it seem like the man and his followers were sipping fanta in his parlor before they were apprehended.

Try and understand his perceptive

NA should be careful not to stir up another demonic group.

If you watch carefully, BH spearhead are kanuris. So the NA should endure insult especially in the North-West in order to avoid opening a second front which will overstretch the military.

Imagine if every part of Nigeria is at war. Do you think the military can contain the situation.

Sometimes you act cowardly in order to achieve a greater victory.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 2:41pm On Jul 26, 2014
tit: Yusuf and Boko Haram were already killing Nigerians before law enforcement caught up with them.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jul 26, 2014
Good Job sirusblack.

I have a question which might appear naive, or perhaps, downright silly. It's the type you expect from a military illiterate like myself.

I still don't understand how soldiers get killed during battles cos obviously they are always on bullet proof vests and according to you, now use ballistic helmets(which I guess is bulletproof).

Okay, the bullet proof isn't supposed to cover areas such as the legs, arms, e.t.c. But then, one isn't supposed to die from gun shots in those places.

While I admit one could die from a shot on the neck, it appears quite difficult to target and cannot account for all deaths of soldiers during battles.

So bro, I'm curious to know how soldiers get killed during gun battles.

PS: Pardon my ignorance cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by EasternLeopard: 2:51pm On Jul 26, 2014
[quote author=SiriusBlack][/quote]

Remember when those yeye fulanis opened a second front in North-Central by attacking Christain Northerners. This led to redeployment of essential war logistics meant for NE to NC.

Look at the attack on Buhari. If it is not stage managed, it tells you how desperate BH are in trying to force the military in fighting on many fronts.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by EasternLeopard: 2:58pm On Jul 26, 2014
rationalmind: Good Job sirusblack.

I have a question which might appear naive, or perhaps, downright silly. It's the type you expect from a military illiterate like myself.

I still don't understand how soldiers get killed during battles cos obviously they are always on bullet proof vests and according to you, now use ballistic helmets(which I guess is bulletproof).

Okay, the bullet proof isn't supposed to cover areas such as the legs, arms, e.t.c. But then, one isn't supposed to die from gun shots in those places.

While I admit one could die from a shot on the neck, it appears quite difficult to target and cannot account for all deaths of soldiers during battles.

There are things SB will not tell you in order not to give BH sympathiezers the idea on how to cripple the military.

But pls study warfare that involves the use of swords spears and arrows especially on those human body parts you mentioned.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 26, 2014
EasternLeopard:

There are things SB will not tell you in order not to give BH sympathiezers the idea on how to cripple the military.

But pls study warfare that involves the use of swords spears and arrows especially on those human body parts you mentioned.

Ooh, thanks. Will do that.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 3:12pm On Jul 26, 2014
rationalmind: Good Job sirusblack.

hahaha...well, our casualties would have been triple if not for the vests and helmets....so iin conclusion, its not a bulletproof vest that will save your life..its luck.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jul 26, 2014
SiriusBlack: hahaha...well, our casualties would have been triple if not for the vests and helmets...firstly, the vests can't stop MG rounds, RPG sharpnel and grenade blasts...also, the torso is not the only place soldiers get shot...if a soldier gets shot in the leg for example, he can bleed to death in hours depending on if an artery was ruptured or not...also, gunshots to the face, neck, and thighs can be fatal..AK rounds do not travel in 1s..they are automatic rifles...its almost technically impossible to get hit with only one round..so multiple points of entry occur 95percent of the time...the Field medics do their best, but we have NO single medevac chopper for the WHOLE front..once soldiers that are shot start to bleed fron the nose and mouth, its over.....so iin conclusion, its not a bulletproof vest that will save your life..its luck.

grin

Thanks for this brilliant answer. I really appreciate.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by EasternLeopard: 3:20pm On Jul 26, 2014
SiriusBlack: hahaha...well, our casualties would have been triple if not for the vests and helmets...firstly, the vests can't stop MG rounds, RPG sharpnel and grenade blasts...also, the torso is not the only place soldiers get shot...if a soldier gets shot in the leg for example, he can bleed to death in hours depending on if an artery was ruptured or not...also, gunshots to the face, neck, and thighs can be fatal..AK rounds do not travel in 1s..they are automatic rifles...its almost technically impossible to get hit with only one round..so multiple points of entry occur 95percent of the time...the Field medics do their best, but we have NO single medevac chopper for the WHOLE front..once soldiers that are shot start to bleed fron the nose and mouth, its over.....so iin conclusion, its not a bulletproof vest that will save your life..its luck.

Its God not luck

That's why you will not die.

Keep it up GEJ unseen helper.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by egbaguy: 3:42pm On Jul 26, 2014
VOTE GENERAL SIRIUSBLACK as PRESIDENT Federal Republic of Nigeria 2015

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Curlieweed: 3:46pm On Jul 26, 2014
SergeAlain:

A glass cup can be seen as half full or half empty. I have a problem when a media channel perpetually sees it as half empty. But that is ok for most Nigerians, as in your view nothing good can ever come from Nigeria.

Note that when a people continually complain about their leadership for over 60 years, you have to begin to blame the people. This is because if we are actually good, how come in over how many years we always end up with 'bad' leaders. Like they say a people can only get the leadership they deserve.

Great post, man.

Congratulations on your insight. I'm tired of all these trite talk of "leadership" problem and a phantom messianic leader. It's time we (Nigerians) look at ourselves and fix our issues instead of waiting on "leaders"

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (73) (Reply)

Governorship Election Results 2019 From Polling Units Across States (unofficial) / Anambra Governorship Election 2017 Results - Live Updates (Unofficial) / Osun Governorship Election 2018: Live Updates, Results Monitoring And Reporting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.