Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,575 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) - Politics (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) (230747 Views)

Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) / Ex-gen Calls For Documentation Of Nigerian Army’s Campaign Th / Boko Haram 'Slaughter Wives' In North Eastern Nigeria: Witnesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by femikay149(m): 12:40am On Sep 27, 2014
@siriusblack u promised to post the pix of shekau once he is dead

Anyh since u r nt available make i help u
Anyh now that our brave soldiers has sent the infidel to the gates of hell to meet his virgins let me help u post the pix

#victoryforNigeria

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by celeron40(m): 2:02pm On Sep 27, 2014
femikay149: @siriusblack u promised to post the pix of shekau once he is dead

Anyh since u r nt available make i help u
Anyh now that our brave soldiers has sent the infidel to the gates of hell to meet his virgins let me help u post the pix

#victoryforNigeria
Victory!!! This man thought he was so invincible..yet he lay there bullet-ridden like a ragdoll..how impressive! Thanks Sirius for this thread..Just hope you'll be back..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 1:53pm On Sep 28, 2014
Good job

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by femikay149(m): 8:57pm On Sep 29, 2014
Yesterday at ibadan express road i saw nothing less than 10 armoured tanks with United Nation inscription white in colour heading out of lagos am sure they are going to the north

I couldnt take pix cos i was driving

Seems govt now means biz

It is about time

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 9:21pm On Sep 29, 2014
femikay149: Yesterday at ibadan express road i saw nothing less than 10 armoured tanks with United Nation inscription white in colour heading out of lagos am sure they are going to the north

I couldnt take pix cos i was driving

Seems govt now means biz

It is abour time
such redeployment of hardwares hav been on going for long since the campaign started.
Asymmetric welfare is not easy but the military is adapting slow but steady

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by femikay149(m): 10:32am On Sep 30, 2014
Ibnsultan: such redeployment of hardwares hav been on going for long since the campaign started.
Asymmetric welfare is not easy but the military is adapting slow but steady

I see that is good

And oga this thread is dying now make una help revive am
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Ozonna(m): 10:39am On Sep 30, 2014
femikay149:

I see that is good

Only Siriusblack himself can revive the thread and that maybe at the end of the war.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 30, 2014
femikay149:

I see that is good

yep.
My fear is that most of these UN hardwares have been abadoned for long at stores. The question is are the working
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 10:55am On Sep 30, 2014
As we prep & celebrate our independence from Great Britain
I wish To salute the Men & women of our arm force's but dead & Alive for their endless sacrifice to our Dear Nation
No words or rewards can pay your Guy's for your services

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by femikay149(m): 11:16am On Sep 30, 2014
Ibnsultan: yep.
My fear is that most of these UN hardwares have been abadoned for long at stores. The question is are the working

YeLse u got a valid point they looked very rusty
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 30, 2014
R.i.p shecow u would neva b missd

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by bidexiii: 4:16pm On Oct 01, 2014
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by bidexiii: 3:25pm On Oct 06, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by bidexiii: 10:36pm On Oct 07, 2014
A MUST - READ !!!

Mutiny is the gravest military crime, for it strikes at the very heart
of military discipline, and desertion was not far behind for similar
reasons. Let there be no ambiguity in this, what the rebellious soldiers
did was very wrong and should be condemned by every right thinking
person. Because, the military as a vocation is unlike any other
profession, it is a job that requires the utmost sacrifice from those
who decide to take it up as a career, and it demands utmost loyalty and
high sense of responsibility from those who voluntarily sign up. The
soldiers are expected to be fully committed to an assigned task, they
must not compromise in whatever circumstances. It is this unrelenting
devotion to the standard of duty and courage, absolute loyalty to
others, and of not letting the task go until it has been accomplished,
that makes the military such an enviable institution.
However, while it is apparent that the purpose of this outrageous
verdict on the 12 was to act as a warning or deterrent to others, I
should point out that this is definitely not going to achieve any
positive results. The military leadership should have used that ugly
incident as a signal to make a serious reflection on its activities.
According to the former American army chief Collin Powell, ‘Leadership
is solving problems. The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems,
is the day you have stopped leading them. They have either lost
confidence that you can help or concluded you do not care. Either case
is a failure of leadership.’
Rather than implementing this harsh verdict, army leadership must
concede that they are the ones who have failed to regard their soldiers
as their children. Therefore they failed to follow them into the deepest
valleys, and failed to look after them as their own beloved sons. Thus
the soldiers failed to stand by the nation even unto their death. If
Clausewitz’s assertion that the principles of war do not change over
time but are immutable, then perhaps too, the principles of military
leadership are also immutable, or at least analogous. Thus the pillars
of classical leadership still have their application today.
I am sure the Army leadership is familiar with the term ‘positive
reinforcement.’ Evan Munsing in his paper, ‘What Caesar Told His
Centurions’ explains that effective welfare packages and rewards for the
troops are important aid in maintaining unit effectiveness and morale.
Is our military leadership doing enough to lift the moral of its
soldiers? The answer to the question is very clear to all and sundry.
Sound welfare packages have always been the source of discipline in the
military and not vice versa, for example during the Roman Empire, aside
from sound welfare packages, the Romans rewarded the first soldier over
the walls of an enemy city with the ‘corona muralis,’ (a crown made of
gold). Other awards might be given in the form of torques or bracelets
of (somewhat) precious metals. These rewards were presented to the
recipient in front of the whole army, and when worn with one’s uniform
they were considered very impressive to soldiers and civilians alike.
The Aftermath of the Russian March revolution of 1917 showed the
importance of loyalty, and the actions of soldiers through undermining
the authority of officers and their subsequent desertion left evidence,,
that discipline accompanied with sound welfare packages is the glue
that holds groups together as one in responding to orders. We always
love to talk about the existing discipline in the UnitedStates’ marine
and army,yet Bryan Bender in his survey, ‘Army Morale Declines in
Survey’ submitted that discipline problems can no longer be denied by
either service since the 1990s. Particularly since the surge in Iraq,
there have been increasing concerns that the human material America is
enlisting in its military is too weak, thus resulting in the rash
decline in disciplinary standards.
It is also sad that the 27 soldiers imprisoned for ‘mutiny’ by a
military tribunal led by General IshayaBauka, were later pardoned in
December 2010 by the Nigerian army. However, their other colleagues are
yet to be paid the disputed allowances and their monetary entitlements.
Till date, there is no record of the officers that diverted their $5,040
monthly peace keeping allowance, and if they will ever be identified or
punished by the army. Under this kind of system of unjust practices,
total and unalloyed discipline cannot be exhibited among the rank and
file.
That soldiers are not allowed to go on strike does not mean that
their disputes of interests should not be addressed effectively and
adequately. Rather than overheating the already effervesced situation,
the Nigerian army should grant a full pardon to these ‘Maiduguri 12’.
What the nation requires at this critical point in time is a show of
mercy and not vice versa. These convicted soldiers have been
complaining, long before they protested that they were outgunned by the
insurgents, and frequently were not paid in full, felt abandoned on the
battlefield, and always fought without enough ammunition or food.
Unfortunately, the Army leaders turned deaf ears to their cries until
the situation eventually got out of hand. At a time such as this, the
Nigerian army must embrace principles of justice over military policies
because as Thomas Paine once said, “an army of principles can penetrate
where an army of soldiers cannot.”

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by bidexiii: 6:01pm On Oct 15, 2014
K.I.A.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by bidexiii: 6:03pm On Oct 15, 2014

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by agaugust: 11:36pm On Oct 18, 2014
Comment and photo here, is removed in respect for sirius black who created this thread, and all men and women of the Nigerian armed forces/security services. post removed by me to avoid misinterpretation by observers who feel it may be pro-government politics. Even though I see nothing wrong with that post, I apologize to you all, Nigeria comes first.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Pennywise(m): 6:18am On Oct 19, 2014
agaugust:

[size=16pt]

Nigerian military smashes Boko Haram into submission

Defeated dying Boko Haram first announced UNILATERAL ceasefire before Nigeria later accepted their offer

218 Chibok girls to be released soon, world record !

Africa's most powerful insurgents crumble before NA and NAF firepower !

South African mockers swallow tears in shame !!!

Nigeria's military power shocks the world again

NA and NAF succeed while USA-NATO failed twice on similar wars

"The President’s Principal Secretary, Hassan Tukur, told BBC Focus on Africa that Boko Haram announced a unilateral ceasefire on Thursday and the government had responded"

http://www.punchng.com/news/bharam-ceasefire-sect-to-release-218-chibok-girls-on-monday/

This is how it all started....

"Soldiers had also killed a man who featured in Boko Haram's propaganda videos pretending to be the group's leader Abubakar Shekau, it added.

Last year, the military said that Shekau may have been killed, without providing any proof.

Boko Haram has suffered heavy losses in recent weeks in battles in its stronghold of north-eastern Nigeria.

The military said that 135 Boko Haram members surrendered with their weapons in Biu, Borno state, on Tuesday - and that 133 others surrendered elsewhere in north-eastern Nigeria."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-29352927

Who has the best army in Africa ? .....Giant Nigeria !

Which army has never lost a war in Africa ? .....Nigerian army !

Name an army that terrifies South African.....Nigerian army !

Which force is the first in the world to make Islamic Terrorists Surrender?....Nigerian military !

Best army by track record in the world 2014.....Nigerian army !

Photo : Field Marshal Goodluck Jonathan Commander-In-Chief NA, NN, NAF[/size]

I won't be surprised if ur field Marshall paid Boko haram to get those girls released in time for the election.

This shameless PDP propaganda should also include the fact that it will be the first time since the civil war Nigerian army will loose territory to insurgents of any description.. Large areas of Borno and Adamawa remain a no go area to the Nigerian army and are effectively part of Boko Hiram country.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by celeron40(m): 6:21am On Oct 19, 2014
agaugust:

[size=16pt]

Defeated dying Boko Haram first announced UNILATERAL ceasefire before Nigeria later accepted their offer

"The President’s Principal Secretary, Hassan Tukur, told BBC Focus on Africa that Boko Haram announced a unilateral ceasefire on Thursday and the government had responded"

http://www.punchng.com/news/bharam-ceasefire-sect-to-release-218-chibok-girls-on-monday/

"Soldiers had also killed a man who featured in Boko Haram's propaganda videos pretending to be the group's leader Abubakar Shekau, it added.

Last year, the military said that Shekau may have been killed, without providing any proof.

Boko Haram has suffered heavy losses in recent weeks in battles in its stronghold of north-eastern Nigeria.

The military said that 135 Boko Haram members surrendered with their weapons in Biu, Borno state, on Tuesday - and that 133 others surrendered elsewhere in north-eastern Nigeria."

Which force is the first in the world to make Islamic Terrorists Surrender?....Nigerian military !

Now that Sirius is gone, you people have decided to turn the thread into a political one..eh? Or what is all the rubbish you just posted?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by celeron40(m): 6:26am On Oct 19, 2014
agaugust:

[size=16pt]

Now that Sirius is gone, you people have decided to turn the thread into a political one..eh? Or what is all the rubbish you just posted? grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by tit(f): 6:33am On Oct 19, 2014
celeron40:
Now that Sirius is gone, you people have decided to turn the thread into a political one..eh? Or what is all the rubbish you just posted? grin

Shuooo!
So we are to be neutral in the fight between boko haram and the Nigerian people, the Nigerian Armed Forces and her commander-in-chief?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by celeron40(m): 9:31pm On Oct 19, 2014
tit:

Shuooo!
So we are to be neutral in the fight between boko haram and the Nigerian people, the Nigerian Armed Forces and her commander-in-chief?
Don't put words in my mouth please..my point is, what has all the trash he posted have to do with the purpose of the thread, which Sirus said was to showcase troops at the front? Commander-in-chief? Who is so spineless as to broker a ceasefire deal with murderers?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by agaugust: 10:49pm On Oct 20, 2014
celeron40:

I needed only one photo that will fully represent all the hundreds of thousands of men and women of our Nigerian army, navy, air force, police, and state security service who have laboured for 5 years to defeat Boko Haram.

That one single photo has to be the current commander in chief of the Nigerian armed forces as at today, he is the only person empowered by Nigerian constitution to represent all the armed forces, police and intelligence services. If you don't like that fact, go vent your anger at the polling booth in 2015 elections, but for now you have to live with this fact I have posted. Thank you.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by jteku(m): 11:16am On Oct 22, 2014
JONA

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 11:50am On Oct 22, 2014
jteku:
JONA
What is all this? Is the the essence of this thread?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by arantess: 11:55am On Oct 22, 2014
oya ooo...the owner of the thread don halla.....the oluku wey put jona pix for hia better comot am....nonsense

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by celeron40(m): 12:03pm On Oct 22, 2014
arantess:
oya ooo...the owner of the thread don halla.....the oluku wey put jona pix for hia better comot am....nonsense
when I said it, they were saying story..as if every thread must become an avenue for 2015 campaign.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by bidexiii: 12:51pm On Oct 22, 2014
Oh my God theve turn dis thread into campaign platform !
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by giles14(m): 1:57pm On Oct 22, 2014
SiriusBlack:
well it's ur fault.wen a master leaves his house buz and property for so long wot do u expect.pls come and revive n rejuvenate dis thread

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by ObiOkpor(m): 3:06pm On Oct 22, 2014
giles14:
well it's ur fault.wen a master leaves his house buz and property for so long wot do u expect.pls come and revive n rejuvenate dis thread
you must be drunk.
To please you and put his life in jeopady?You are on default settings and you need manual settings. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by PastorKun(m): 3:07pm On Oct 22, 2014
SiriusBlack:

Glad to read from you and to know you are alive and well. May God continue to bless the efforts of you and your colleagues in the northeast.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by giles14(m): 4:08pm On Oct 22, 2014
ObiOkpor:
you must be drunk.
To please you and put his life in jeopady?You are on default settings and you need manual settings. lipsrsealed
n u a drunkard did i tell him to reveal any information.wot i said was for him to come and take charge.drunkard go get life

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (73) (Reply)

Governorship Election Results 2019 From Polling Units Across States (unofficial) / Anambra Governorship Election 2017 Results - Live Updates (Unofficial) / Osun Governorship Election 2018: Live Updates, Results Monitoring And Reporting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.