Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,117 members, 7,957,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 08:33 AM

Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup (33660 Views)

Sunday Oliseh ;We Don't Have The Talents To Win The Next World Cup / Who Will Be The Next World Best Player / Who Do You Think Should Win The Next World Best Player? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by thegoodjoehunt(m): 6:55pm On Jul 07, 2014
abatically:

Aside yaya toure, how many African players are playing top football. How many African players are in the first eleven of top football clubs? Real Madrid zero. Chelsea zero ( Mikel is a squad player, moses so bad they loaned him out), even arsenal that likes to buy cheap players don't have an African in their first eleven. Barcelona too, burussia Dortmund have only aubameyang, Bayern Munich have none (pls don't tell me alaba because he is not African anymore), Manchester united have non, Liverpool have none, PSG , atletico Madrid all have no Africans on their first eleven. So where are the talents?
Asamoah Kwadwo - Juventus, Gervinho - AS Roma, Adel Taarabt - AC Milan, Ferghouli - Valencia, Ahmed Musa - CSKA Moscow. There are many more. So stop saying no talents in Africa. It is a lie.

9 Likes

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by omar22(m): 6:57pm On Jul 07, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: If Africa was irrelevant, they would have not increased ours and increased the Asians. Asians still have Three slots, why we have Five. More of the slots would have been given to more European teams.

It will be a joke if you feel the merchandise sold by Adidas is only worn on the pitch. Please Adidas has a large African market. They market their goods in Africa.

The continent of Africa has 52 countries and to have 3 slots out of 32 sounds totally unfair and Sepp Blatter doesn't need Europe to win the next 5 elections because he will get his votes from the Latin world, Asia and Africa, these were Mr Blatters promises when campaigning to become the FIFA president when Joao Havalenge retired. Its got nothing to do the African Market, How many replica shirt is sold in Africa? not many, actually low. ADIDAS makes more money from the Springbok (South African Cricket team) than football in Africa, The Jabulani was a huge flop

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Rossikki: 7:02pm On Jul 07, 2014
omar22: Oh cry me a river....

Africa should Boycott this and that like they will miss us.... European have been crying for more places.. African voluntary given up 5 spots will be like manna from Heaven to Some other countries.

People shout racism as if Matuidi and Neymar were white, or Brazil is a white nation

You have zero common sense. Matuidi represents FRANCE - a white, European nation, and it is FRANCE that has its interests being promoted by a dishonest/corrupt FIFA. It is not the individual players' skin colour that matters. Surely you must know this or are you really that dumb and stupi.d??

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:03pm On Jul 07, 2014
omar22:

The continent of Africa has 52 countries and to have 3 slots out of 32 sounds totally unfair and Sepp Blatter doesn't need Europe to win the next 5 elections because he will get his votes from the Latin world, Asia and Africa, these were Mr Blatters promises when campaigning to become the FIFA president when Joao Havalenge retired. Its got nothing to do the African Market, How many replica shirt is sold in Africa? not many, actually low. ADIDAS makes more money from the Springbok (South African Cricket team) than football in Africa, The Jabulani was a huge flop
Stop all these. If Africa was irrelevant, they would not be there in the first place. Adidas will not battle to sponsor the Super Eagles.

Even if they were 300 African Countries, they would not give space for us.

We are needed to boost a global image and having hundreds of million football fans, the market can not be neglected.

Fifa ensures Africa's viewage of the World Cup because of returns.

South Africa hosted the World Cup. It shows Africa is relevant.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by tuffgongjo(m): 7:04pm On Jul 07, 2014
Hope d op won't come out attacking me cus it seems to be his hobby,I think boycotting the world cup will be more of disadvantage than advantage,that matuidi's tackle is what we see everyday(not saying it is a good 1),fifa will always be bias,politics is everywhere,but instead of whining I think what @abatically said should be done,let africa step up her game,act civilized not like Song$co @ d world cup,if we can get our game up nothing will stop us,like d 1996$2000 olympics

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by omar22(m): 7:10pm On Jul 07, 2014
Rossikki:

You have zero common sense. Matuidi represents FRANCE - a white, European nation, and it is FRANCE that has its interests being promoted by a dishonest/corrupt FIFA. It is not the individual players' skin colour that matters. Surely you must know this or are you really that dumb and stupi.d??

You sound like someone who sold his car for fuel money. "If ignorance is bliss, you must be the happiest person alive" but "With your IQ, I don't think you would understand"

9 Likes

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by abatically(m): 7:15pm On Jul 07, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: Asamoah Kwadwo - Juventus, Gervinho - AS Roma, Adel Taarabt - AC Milan, Ferghouli - Valencia, Ahmed Musa - CSKA Moscow. There are many more. So stop saying no talents in Africa. It is a lie.

Ha ha ha, I said first 11 in top teams. In a continent where Mikel obi is the runners up of African player of the year says a lot.

18 Likes

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by abatically(m): 7:16pm On Jul 07, 2014
omar22:

Africa has 5 slots, not 3.
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Rossikki: 7:18pm On Jul 07, 2014
abatically:

Thank u very much my brother. We must first solve our own problems and play at top level. After we do that we can then start tackling FIFA if we think we are being cheated.

You are the most stupi.d and ignorant person on this forum. So we should sit down, fold our arms, do nothing, and play dumb when we are cheated and have our rights trampled on at the World Cup, merely because according to you we have not ''solved all our problems yet''. Meaning basically we should walk around with an inferiority complex, and accept we don't deserve fair treatment. I mean, some of you are so dumb and stup.id and really deserve to be shot. Like i said, if the slave trade was still on today, wastrels like you will promote its continuation pending when we ''solve all our problems''. BRAINLESS GOAT. I bet when you see a white man all your 36 start flashing from pillar to post without reason. DUMBIT0 X 10000.

7 Likes

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by abatically(m): 7:19pm On Jul 07, 2014
tuffgongjo: Hope d op won't come out attacking me cus it seems to be his hobby,I think boycotting the world cup will be more of disadvantage than advantage,that matuidi's tackle is what we see everyday(not saying it is a good 1),fifa will always be bias,politics is everywhere,but instead of whining I think what @abatically said should be done,let africa step up her game,act civilized not like Song$co @ d world cup,if we can get our game up nothing will stop us,like d 1996$2000 olympics

+1,0000000000 likes.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Rossikki: 7:23pm On Jul 07, 2014
omar22:

You sound like someone who sold his car for fuel money. "If ignorance is bliss, you must be the happiest person alive" but "With your IQ, I don't think you would understand"

What does a motorpark tout like you know about IQ? So stupi.d you think Matuidi's colour comes into play when he's representing France? DUMB AND DUMBER. If what I explained makes no sense to you, it just goes to show how iredeemably dumb and stup.id you are, with rocks where your brain ought to be.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by omar22(m): 7:23pm On Jul 07, 2014
abatically:

Africa has 5 slots, not 3.

I know, it was increased to 5 when they increased the numbers from from 24 to 32
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by omar22(m): 7:27pm On Jul 07, 2014
Rossikki:

What does a motorpark tout like you know about IQ? So stupi.d you think Matuidi's colour comes into play when he's representing France? DUMB AND DUMBER. If what I explained makes no sense to you, it just goes to show how iredeemably dumb and stup.id you are, with rocks where your brain ought to be.

Dumbo, ranting wont change the fact that you sound like an abandoned project. Answer this question, As an outsider what do you think of the human race?

17 Likes

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by tuffgongjo(m): 7:31pm On Jul 07, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: If the other continents are not needed, why give more slots? It is because they are needed and help promote a global brand and image of the competition.
d slot was increase by sepp so that africa can support him ambitions(re-election)

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Rossikki: 7:32pm On Jul 07, 2014
omar22:

Dumbo, ranting wont change the fact that you sound like an abandoned project. Answer this question, As an outsider what do you think of the human race?

DUMBO, FACE THE TOPIC DIRECTLY. HOW DOES MATUIDI'S SKIN COLOUR MEAN NIGERIA WAS NOT CHEATED IF FRANCE ITSELF IS A WHITE EUROPEAN COUNTRY WHICH HE WAS REPRESENTING? BRAIN-DEAD, STUPI.D DUNCE!!! OLODO RABATA.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by abatically(m): 7:35pm On Jul 07, 2014
omar22:

I know, it was increased to 5 when they increased the numbers from from 24 to 32

Yes that's right. People talking about more slots for Africa, I don't know if they realized 3 out of 5 countries for 2014 world cup had pay scandals. Now increase the slots to say 10, that means more pay scandals.... Bad image for the world cup. Let's sort ourselves out first before asking for more slots.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by tuffgongjo(m): 7:36pm On Jul 07, 2014
abatically:

Aside yaya toure, how many African players are playing top football. How many African players are in the first eleven of top football clubs? Real Madrid zero. Chelsea zero ( Mikel is a squad player, moses so bad they loaned him out), even arsenal that likes to buy cheap players don't have an African in their first eleven. Barcelona too, burussia Dortmund have only aubameyang, Bayern Munich have none (pls don't tell me alaba because he is not African anymore), Manchester united have non, Liverpool have none, PSG , atletico Madrid all have no Africans on their first eleven. So where are the talents?
actually there are talents in africa,but europeans will always favor theirs over us especially in germany where they are promoting their feeders team or second team players,man u is a team that doesn't sign africans(afcon is d excuse),this is where d economic power of africa comes in,if there was no war,poverty,hunger etc u won't see most of those guys in europe,I mean their parents won't have migrated.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by omar22(m): 7:39pm On Jul 07, 2014
Rossikki:

DUMBO, FACE THE TOPIC DIRECTLY. HOW DOES MATUIDI'S SKIN COLOUR MEAN NIGERIA WAS NOT CHEATED IF FRANCE ITSELF IS A WHITE EUROPEAN COUNTRY WHICH HE WAS REPRESENTING? BRAIN-DEAD, STUPI.D DUNCE!!! OLODO RABATA.

Dumbo, ranting wont change the fact that you sound like an abandoned project.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by tuffgongjo(m): 7:39pm On Jul 07, 2014
omar22:

I wasn't increase when d WC was expanded to 32 cus africa had just 3nations in d 98 WC(that was when 32 was first used).
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:43pm On Jul 07, 2014
abatically:

Ha ha ha, I said first 11 in top teams. In a continent where Mikel obi is the runners up of African player of the year says a lot.
In that list, who is not in the first eleven or which is not a top team?

Mikel outclassed Yaya Toure on the pitch at the Nations Cup. Be factual, Mikel is one of the longest serving foreigners in the History of Chelsea.

Many clubs buy African talents regularly. So I do not get your point.

Is Juventus not a top team? Is Asamoah Kwadwo not a regular? Is Valencia not a top team? Is Ferghouli not a regular. Are Totti and De Rossi not great players. Is AS Roma not their club? Ferghouli is in the starting eleven. What of AC Milan. Please.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:45pm On Jul 07, 2014
tuffgongjo: d slot was increase by sepp so that africa can support him ambitions(re-election)
Even if we go by the Blatter concept, then Blatter saw the relevance in the African support. That means there was relevance.

He would not like to lose his African support.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by omar22(m): 7:45pm On Jul 07, 2014
tuffgongjo: I wasn't increase when d WC was expanded to 32 cus africa had just 3nations in d 98 WC(that was when 32 was first used).

Africa had 5 in 1998

5 Likes

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by abatically(m): 7:47pm On Jul 07, 2014
tuffgongjo: actually there are talents in africa,but europeans will always favor theirs over us especially in germany where they are promoting their feeders team or second team players,man u is a team that doesn't sign africans(afcon is d excuse),this is where d economic power of africa comes in,if there was no war,poverty,hunger etc u won't see most of those guys in europe,I mean their parents won't have migrated.

If a player is really good, trust me a top team will sign him irrespective of his race. George weah was named Fifa player of the year in 1995. Etoo, kanoute, KANU nwankwo, etc were all playing for top teams. It looks like Africa are producing less talents compared to the past.

If u think Europeans will always favor their players, what about the afcon nations cup. Can u compare the quality of football played with what we see in European or south american tournaments? Is it not the kick and follow football, long range shots with nothing to write home about in the technical aspect.

6 Likes

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:48pm On Jul 07, 2014
abatically:

Yes that's right. People talking about more slots for Africa, I don't know if they realized 3 out of 5 countries for 2014 world cup had pay scandals. Now increase the slots to say 10, that means more pay scandals.... Bad image for the world cup. Let's sort ourselves out first before asking for more slots.
I guess due to the violent conduct of Zuniga and Suarez, both South Americans. The number of South American teams should be reduced. Please.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Rossikki: 7:48pm On Jul 07, 2014
omar22:

Dumbo, ranting wont change the fact that you sound like an abandoned project.

DUMBO, TYPING 'abandoned project' DOES NOT CHANGE THE FACT YOU ARE A RETAR.DED PEABRAIN WITH THE REASONING FACULTIES OF A MOSQUITO.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by abatically(m): 7:51pm On Jul 07, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: I guess due to the violent conduct of Zuniga and Suarez, both South Americans. The number of South American teams should be reduced. Please.

Suarez is a single player from Uruguayan team. Zuniga's challenge is part of what we see in football everyday. It is a different thing entirely when a whole team fights for money and boycott training and threaten to boycott a match. Jeez Ghana even flew $3 million cash to Brazil. What a disgrace.

5 Likes

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by omar22(m): 7:52pm On Jul 07, 2014
Rossikki:

DUMBO, TYPING 'abandoned project' DOES NOT CHANGE THE FACT YOU ARE A RETAR.DED PEABRAIN WITH THE REASONING FACULTIES OF A MOSQUITO.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:53pm On Jul 07, 2014
abatically:

If a player is really good, trust me a top team will sign him irrespective of his race. George weah was named Fifa player of the year in 1995. Etoo, kanoute, KANU nwankwo, etc were all playing for top teams. It looks like Africa are producing less talents compared to the past.

If u think Europeans will always favor their players, what about the afcon nations cup. Can u compare the quality of football played with what we see in European or south american tournaments? Is it not the kick and follow football, long range shots with nothing to write home about in the technical aspect.
Muntari was a Super talent but he was denied a work permit. Same with Yaya Toure. So it is not the way you see it.

Sir Alex Ferguson collected the money he paid for Adem Ljajic back. Dispute him being one of the upcoming best player in the world because of Darren Gibson. A crap talent. Imagine Adem Ljajic is Serbian. Imagine then what happens to African.

Mariga, Wanyama's elder brother was denied a work permit. Even after Mancini pleaded with the FA not to deny such talent an opportunity to grow.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Rossikki: 7:53pm On Jul 07, 2014
omar22:

SORRY, BUT ON NL, IF YOU TYPE RUBBISH, NOBODY SEEKS YOUR PERMISSION BEFORE PUTTING YOU STRAIGHT.

Now for the last time, do NOT ever say ''racism wasn't involved because Matuidi was black!''

DAMN IDIATTT!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:55pm On Jul 07, 2014
abatically:

Muntari was a Super talent but he was denied a work permit. Same with Yaya You're. So it is not the way you see it.

Sir Alex Ferguson collected the money he paid for Adem Ljajic back. Dispute him being one of the upcoming best player in the world because of Darren Gibson. A crap talent. Imagine Adem Ljajic is Serbian. Imagine then what happens to African.

Mariga, Wanyama's elder brother was denied a work permit. Even after Mancini pleaded with the FA not to deny such talent an opportunity to grow.
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by abatically(m): 7:58pm On Jul 07, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: Muntari was a Super talent but he was denied a work permit. Same with Yaya You're. So it is not the way you see it.

MA Riga, Wanyama's elder brother was denied a work permit. Even after Mancini pleaded with the FA not to deny such talent an opportunity to grow.

Dude, having a few African players here and there doesn't mean they are top talents. Pls can u name 5 current African players that are genuine world class. Don't include done players like etoo and drogba.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by tuffgongjo(m): 7:59pm On Jul 07, 2014
abatically:

u have a point

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

John Fashanu Romances Rachel Bakam!!! / La Liga Could Block Messi From Playing For Barcelona Until January / Blessing Okagbare Banned For 10 Years Over Doping - AIU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.