Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup (33399 Views)

Sunday Oliseh ;We Don't Have The Talents To Win The Next World Cup / Who Will Be The Next World Best Player / Who Do You Think Should Win The Next World Best Player? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 08, 2014
annoymous:

i dont get. didnt we have Nigeria and Algeria in the round of 16?

My bad, first time ever.

Anything else?
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Fulaman198(m): 4:25pm On Jul 08, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:
Ivorian are not mentally tough, they can only blame themselves, It's not like anti African/Africa referees are something new, they should have prepared themselves and avoided unnecessary contact near their surface

I agree with you, but given this situation, if you were the coach what would you have done to complain. You saw how they blew the dive that Robben took out of proportion when Holland played Mexico, but no one talks about Ivory Coast vs. Greece incident.
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by cheguevera: 4:26pm On Jul 08, 2014
Ahhahahahahahahahaha. AFRICA MUST WAKE UP , SLEEPING SONS OF JACOB
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 4:27pm On Jul 08, 2014
annoymous:

I disagree with you on the bolded - Africans will miss African teams. grin

White supremacists commentators too, they won't have any team to hate on if we boycott the WC
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jul 08, 2014
shymexx:

My bad, first time ever.

Anything else?

aite.

naaa, you are all set.
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 4:32pm On Jul 08, 2014
Fulaman198:

The thing is Europe is over-represented. They are not really good at football. Look at Spain, England, Italy, etc all first round exits. What about Portugal?

Since we live in a Eurocentric brainwashed world, European teams are always overrated every single world cup. The only good European teams are Germany and Netherlands. Belgium is coming up.

FIFA 14 completely overrates European teams and underrates African teams, it makes me not want to buy another EA sports FIFA game ever again.

African players are talented, the problem is and has always been organization. Nigeria's team improved with every match in the world cup, which tells me they didn't have enough team practise.

Gbam, well said

Most European teams suck every 04 year yet every wc we are forced to listen to the same music, they are so overrated ..

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Papadoh(m): 4:33pm On Jul 08, 2014
@Abatically thank you for that post of yours.
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by vodkat: 4:34pm On Jul 08, 2014
To win a world in not only about the 11 players.

It also includes a very strong medical team
very competent Psychologist
Football analysts studying your opponenets game before they play just like chess.

Brasil always Uses two coaches. Scolari and Carlos Alberto Both have won world cup individually.

An each time they had MArio Zagallo on the bench also a world cup winning coach and player.

Win a world cup is more than assembling 23 players. Every department has too be the best
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jul 08, 2014
shymexx:

Word. All the news of players fighting about wages were all about African teams. grin

Also, I'll always reference how both Ghana and Ivory coast collapsed in the last 15 mins. That was just some crazy shyte right there, and I won't be surprised if they actually fixed those games especially the Ghana gk that punched the ball to a Portuguese player. Yet we blame FIFA.

With Nigeria, no one asked Enyeama to come out for a ball he should never have come out for. His decision making killed that game, and you can't even blame no one for that.

Anyway, I think the only reason why Neymar's case was looked into has more to do with his star-power and host country cries. C'mon, most Brazilians were crying when they found out that he's out of the world cup. So, people need to understand that it's also a business - and FIFA had to do that to protect its brand, and for fans not to boycott the tournament. Onazi isn't Neymar...the world cup isn't in naij...and I don't even think naij FA lodged any complaint.
. Lolzz,True, onazi is no neymar, the outcry contributed, Nigerians only screamed on nairaland... But the fact that onazi cannot get same treatment as neymar is also a sort of Bias in itself don't you think? U didn't lie though...
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by rusher14: 4:34pm On Jul 08, 2014
African players, academies and FAs need to step up their game.

We have the potential to be world beaters in any endeavor but as usual it starts from us.

Football would always generate controversial calls, some in one's favor and other times the outcome is different.

Their are composite variables when the political aspect is considered - popularity of the team, player, wealth of Nation and yes sometimes downright racism.

Does this diminish the competition? I don't think so. We wrestle against many things including ourselves.

There's a lot of guile and play-acting that goes into football. Sadly, the African teams from the FA to the manager to the players and even the fans have not understood their roles.

A quick freekick, some simulation or rolling on the ground. Remonstration from the bench, the manager being animated and charismatic. Fans baying for a card or a call... These are things that go beyond natural talent....they are nurtured, they are a culture.

The FA has well has it's role to play. Bonuses and welfare of the player should be paramount. Tickets should be in good supply for the Nigerian contingent who pay their way to the tournament not to find themselves sitting in the midst of Argentine fans who even outnumber them 5 to 1.

Considering the Neymar issue ,I personally do not see FIFA's investigation as racially motivated. Yes, the profile of the player and the team was considered. Not to be overlooked is that Brazil are hosts. They are fully primed for violence as many feel disenfranchised by the hosting.

There have been many calls that have gone for African teams in the on-going Mundial as have been others that have gone against them.

Retrospective investigations are usually carried out at the behest of the Match Commissioner and sometimes due to the prompting of the FA replete with heavy politicking behind closed doors.

Sometimes they are considered with favorable outcomes other times they aren't. It is at the end, a game and good sportsmanship is warranted.

Playing the racism card to me is cheap and self-deprecating.

Produce more Kanus, Amokachis, and Jay-Jays. Provide them the support and watch them do the seemingly impossible.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by olagamalin(m): 4:35pm On Jul 08, 2014
shymexx:

Word. All the news of players fighting about wages were all about African teams. grin

Also, I'll always reference how both Ghana and Ivory coast collapsed in the last 15 mins. That was just some crazy shyte right there, and I won't be surprised if they actually fixed those games especially the Ghana gk that punched the ball to a Portuguese player. Yet we blame FIFA.

With Nigeria, no one asked Enyeama to come out for a ball he should never have come out for. His decision making killed that game, and you can't even blame no one for that.

Anyway, I think the only reason why Neymar's case was looked into has more to do with his star-power and host country cries. C'mon, most Brazilians were crying when they found out that he's out of the world cup. So, people need to understand that it's also a business - and FIFA had to do that to protect its brand, and for fans not to boycott the tournament. Onazi isn't Neymar...the world cup isn't in naij...and I don't even think naij FA lodged any complaint.
BRILLIANT SUBMISSION!!
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jul 08, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:
Gbam, well said

Most European teams suck every 04 year yet every wc we are forced to listen to the same music, they are so overrated ..

You honestly think the best African teams can compete with Spain, England, Portugal, and Italy, no? grin

Don't let the world cup fool you, because of the Latin American teams, and the weather.

You lot need to stop bringing race into football - the best African players out there play for European countries.
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by hermesprogidy(m): 4:38pm On Jul 08, 2014
do you guys even realise that the NFF is getting 9 million dollars from FIFA for participating in the world cup? Pls tell me which corporate sponsor can invest such money in nigerian football or when was the last time our govt invested such in football? FIFA has nothing to lose by Africa boycotting the world cup o.. Infact it just makes Africa poorer in every sense.
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by LilPeezy(m): 4:40pm On Jul 08, 2014
abatically:

At least I talk reality, I don't live in fantasy like u. You lots view things from one angle only, if u think deep u will find truth in what I wrote. Again, what I wrote is for the intellects, not for myopic minds like u.
....my guy u r tlkin nonsense....if to say mexico loose dah match wihout ref considering dose goals....guy mexico 4 over complain n even go d extend of saying dey were rob....so jux chill n stop vomiting nonsense
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by webcalculator(m): 4:41pm On Jul 08, 2014
I support this
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Oduduwaboy(m): 4:43pm On Jul 08, 2014
I want Nigeria to stop going to the World Cup because i feel we are just wasting money. Our football seems to have refused to develop beyond the Juvenile stage.

Of course, that ugly too-black Matuidi guy who calls himself a frenchman is a complete idiot...i actually feel a 'fatwa' should be declared on him!
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 4:44pm On Jul 08, 2014
shymexx:

You honestly think the best African teams can compete with Spain, England, Portugal, and Italy, no? grin

Don't let the world cup fool you, because of the Latin American teams, and the weather.

You lot need to stop bringing race into football - the best African players out there play for European countries.

Yes I believe so,
Is the first time Latin teams are playing the WC ?
Look I'm only giving them their own medicine, we are made to believe that are slots are given by pity, and that European teams play better hence their number of slots, well out of the many European teams, why only 2 are in the semis ? With most reaching this stage through PK , who is fooling who ? Given the same amount of slots, I'm sure @ least 2 African teams would have reached the semi too

This world is Race driven, + African players are,paid peanuts and most of. The time denied well deserved awards
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by vislabraye(m): 4:45pm On Jul 08, 2014
Emmysteve: I never believed the saying that an African country can never win the world cup until i witnessed the recent showing of Fifa double standard policies. Even the appointment of match officials are done in such a way that it would favor a particular country. All what is done in the field of play has already been arranged before the kickoff.

To drive in my point is the case of Super eagles midfielder Ogenyi Onazi who was intentionally kicked in the angle by french player Matuidi which automatically send him out of play from 6 to 7 months, a replay showed Matuidi going after Onazi's leg instead of the ball.
Despites calls by many football legends including Maradona that Matuidi should be sanctioned, instead FIFA claimed that nothing is wrong with the tackle.

The following week, player Neymar jr, sustained injury from zuniga knee tackle that send him out for 6 to 8 weeks... Fifa to investigate Zuniga kneel tackle.

Isn't these two actions of racism too glaring? in other words, an African leg is breakable but white man's leg is untouchable. Kai Fifa please Fear God!!!

The hand writing is clearly written on the wall by Fifa that Africa can only try but can't never win the world cup. It's time Africa unite and protest against Fifa's injustice. AFRICA MUST BOYCOTT THE NEXT FIFA WORLD CUP TO REGISTER OUR DISPLEASURE. enough is Enough
. @OP. Boycotting WC is not the issue. African teams did not play well. Concerning our match against France, the players and officials also have themselves to blame. For instance when Osaze was fouled and should be given a penalty, did he fall? Did he protest ? No, he did not and everyone went on with business. When Onaze was fouled like that, what did Steven Keshi do ? What did SE captain do? What did the players do ? Nothing. Yobo who is one of our oldest players in that team should have walked up to the referee and protested. They all needed to protest and make noise about it. Suarez bit that Italian player but the ref did not see it. If the guy had just sat down as if nothing went wrong, perhaps, Suarez would have played on or may be bitten another player again. Who knows ?

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Mudley313: 4:48pm On Jul 08, 2014
This is one of the very reasons Africans still remain backwards...blame others apart from themselves

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by pelvicky(m): 4:48pm On Jul 08, 2014
All i wanna say is dat-
FIFA-football isn't for africans
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by abatically(m): 4:49pm On Jul 08, 2014
Fulaman198:

The thing is Europe is over-represented. They are not really good at football. Look at Spain, England, Italy, etc all first round exits. What about Portugal?

Slots are given based on previous performance of each continents and on the numbers and/or relative strength of the confederations' teams. No African team has made it to the Semi's, Africa has made it to the quater finals only twice. When world cup started it was just one African team, it later increased to 3 and then 5 when number of teams increased to 32. Cameroun with Roger Miller gave Africa more recognition in the 90's. The level of football in each continent is also considered and to be sincere u can never compare the football we play in Africa to Europe.

About Spain and Italy, really they have nothing to prove. Italy have won the world cup 4 times (2006 being their latest). They have been runners up 2 times and 3rd place 1 time. They are definitely a power house.

Spain have won every major competition they played in between 2008-2012. They are the current world cup champions and won European competitions back to back, still current champions. They are also a power house.
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 08, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:
Yes I believe so,
Look I'm only giving them their own medicine, we are made to believe that are slots are given by pity, and that European teams play better hence their number of slots, well out of the many European teams, why only 2 are in the semis ? With most reaching this stage through PK , who is fooling who ? Given the same amount of slots, I'm sure @ least 2 African teams would have reached the semi too

This world is Race driven, + African players are,paid peanuts and most of. The time denied well deserved awards

Latin America and Europe are the two powerhouses in football.

And they're both represented in the semis. So, where's Africa?

Even if you give African teams more slot, it's basically going to kill the quality of the football.

You've got 5, and they never achieved anything. Heck, the two drab games of the tournament, with the worst quality of football had African teams. Yet you want more, no? grin

Why do you think FIFA changed the qualification method in Asia and Oceania, after Saudi Arabia became a perennial mess at the world cup?

Let one African team get to the finals, then we can start clamouring for more slots. Even CAF is utterly corrupt...Cameroon shouldn't have been at this world cup - they were cheated it. Why not sort that out before chasing FIFA?
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by vislabraye(m): 4:53pm On Jul 08, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

Yes I believe so,

. You say at least two African teams would make the semis ? shocked. You mean it? Ps can you mention the African teams that would have made it ?
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Fulaman198(m): 4:53pm On Jul 08, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

Gbam, well said

Mark my words, 4 years from now again, weak Portugal, England, Italy, Spain, etc. will be the talk of the town once again.

One thing I noticed about this world cup asides the 5-1 blowing out of Spain by Netherlands, and the 4-0 blowing out of Portugal by Germany, teams are very much even nowadays despite the region. You are not seeing any blow outs really, most games have been extremely close and not as lopsided or one-sided as they used to be.

Referees are idiots though, the game between Argentina vs. Iran for example should have been a draw, Argentina played very dirty. Whenever someone from the 'big-named' teams like Argentina, Brazil, Germany, Netherlands, Spain, Italy, England, etc. foul someone refs pretend not to see it, but if it is an African team or some other 'third-world' blatant calls are made at even the slightest touch. Iran should have been awarded a penalty kick against Argentina but it didn't happen due to obvious bias that exists in the World Cup.

I know there are some fool fool Africans that deny such exist, but it is so blatantly obvious.
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Forwetinnah: 4:54pm On Jul 08, 2014
abatically: WHY AFRICA MUST IMPROVE THEIR FOOTBALL INSTEAD OF COMPLAINING AND LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO BLAME

You guys are quick to blame FIFA for Africa's failure, but fail to tackle the main reason Africa can't win the world cup. The number one reason why we can't win the world cup yet is INDISCIPLINE.

Of the five African teams which qualified to play in the World Cup, three were involved in pay scandals. Players from Cameroon got their protest in before the tournament had even started. They refused to board a plane to Brazil following an argument over money, delaying their arrival by almost a day. Next, Ghana made a laughing stock of itself when it flew $3m in cash to Brazil to avert a match boycott by players demanding their appearance fees. Finally, Nigeria’s Super Eagles cancelled a training session ahead of the crucial knockout round in protest over bonus payments. Presidential intervention was required to settle that argument.

It got worse from there. Ghana’s team fell apart only hours after its cash arrived. Two of its players were sent home, one for an alleged “unprovoked physical attack” on a Football Association (FA) official, and one for reportedly swearing at his coach. Then there were the match-fixing allegations. Cameroon’s football federation says it is investigating claims that seven “bad apples” on its team were involved in fixing the results of games.

Just take a look at this.

Now u talk about FIFA favoring other countries?

A lot of decisions went Africa's way but I will only list a few.

1. Mexico vs Cameroun: Giovani Dos Santos scored 2 legitimate goals that were wrongly ruled out for offside. If that was against an African country it would have been a case study by now. But Mexico moved on, while Africans are still complaining.

2. Mexico vs Cameroun: Giovani Dos Santo's stone wall penalty that wasn't given. Again if that was against an African country we all would be crying by now and blaming FIFA.

3. Mexico vs Cameroun: Alex Song's 2 footed tackle on Dos Santos. Definite red card offence, he didn't even go for the ball. But guess what, he didn't get red. In the match report it stated that Song was lucky not to see red, but if that happened to an African player we all will be saying racism, fifa hates us, bla bla bla just like the case of Matuidi who was lucky not to see red just like Song, but Nigerians always look for someone to blame, so we blame FIFA.

[img]http://www.thenational.ae/storyimage/AB/20140613/GALLERY/140619565/EP/1/5/EP-140619565.jpg&MaxW=558&imageVersion=default[/img]

4. Nigeria vs Bosnia: Edin Dzeko's legitimate goal that was ruled out for offside. Now nobody talks about this anymore, but u guys forgot if this goal had stood, we probably wouldn't have made it into the second round. If that was a Nigerian goal, I'm sure hundreds of threads would have been opened describing how FIFA didn't want us to get into the second round.

You talk about Matuidi's tackle on Onazi?
Yes its a bad tackle, but this thing happens in football. Onazi is not the first player to suffer a bad tackle in the world cup, so why the whinning? Again simple tactic by the French coach. Take out Onazi and Matuidi did this

[img]http://playtheadvantage.files./2014/06/858741269.gif?w=860[/img]

Now ask an African player to take out a player and he did this

The difference between the 2? One went for the ball and missed, 50/50 situation depending on how the ref sees it. The other took out the player blatantly without the ball which leaves the ref with no option than give a red card.

Until we sort out our discipline problems and improve our academies, stop age cheating.. we will never win the world cup. Africa lack real talents when it comes to the big stage. We thrive in youth tournaments because we use over aged players. When it is time for these players to get into the national team, they would be too old and past their best and that is why we Bleep up at the highest level.

And you think Europeans don't "age cheat"? You sincerely believe Robben is 30? Like seriously? So you believe that crappie about him going for chemo when he was younger etc. These people dump their players in our faces, keeping them as long as possible in international tournaments to promote them..I don't think any team national or otherwise has as much indisciplined players like Real Madrid with the likes of Pepe etc
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by hermesprogidy(m): 4:56pm On Jul 08, 2014
kendrick93: rubbish thread.Op tinks d world revolve around africa..wat has africa done on d world stage to deserve all dis stupid discussions..OP is mentally deranged if he tinks africa can boycott d WC without a ban..
anywat africa wnt be missed
lolzzzzzzzzzz
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Fulaman198(m): 4:58pm On Jul 08, 2014
abatically:

Slots are given based on previous performance of each continents and on the numbers and/or relative strength of the confederations' teams. No African team has made it to the Semi's, Africa has made it to the quater finals only twice. When world cup started it was just one African team, it later increased to 3 and then 5 when number of teams increased to 32. Cameroun with Roger Miller gave Africa more recognition in the 90's. The level of football in each continent is also considered and to be sincere u can never compare the football we play in Africa to Europe.

About Spain and Italy, really they have nothing to prove. Italy have won the world cup 4 times (2006 being their latest). They have been runners up 2 times and 3rd place 1 time. They are definitely a power house.

Spain have won every major competition they played in between 2008-2012. They are the current world cup champions and won European competitions back to back, still current champions. They are also a power house.

All i have read is more slave-washed behaviour to back up ridiculous FIFA racism and bias. A lot of the teams get to where they are based on ridiculous calls made by refs. It has always been the case where an African team should have beaten a Euro or South American side.

A very good example is the World Cup of 94 (which I'm old enough to remember since I was 10 years old), when Nigeria faced Argentina, the match was so blatantly one-sided in favour of the Argentinians due to really ridiculous ref calls. At halftime, Nigeria's coach then Westerhoff even asked the referee if he had been paid. Ivory Coast's injustice suffered at the hands of the ref in the Greece match is another example. Another African team would have been in the 2nd round, that would have meant 3/5 African teams or 60% would have been in the 2nd round. Ghana possibly could have also made it to the second round if they would have been a bit more attentive and focused.
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by ceeceeco: 4:58pm On Jul 08, 2014
abatically: WHY AFRICA MUST IMPROVE THEIR FOOTBALL INSTEAD OF COMPLAINING AND LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO BLAME

You guys are quick to blame FIFA for Africa's failure, but fail to tackle the main reason Africa can't win the world cup. The number one reason why we can't win the world cup yet is INDISCIPLINE.

Of the five African teams which qualified to play in the World Cup, three were involved in pay scandals. Players from Cameroon got their protest in before the tournament had even started. They refused to board a plane to Brazil following an argument over money, delaying their arrival by almost a day. Next, Ghana made a laughing stock of itself when it flew $3m in cash to Brazil to avert a match boycott by players demanding their appearance fees. Finally, Nigeria’s Super Eagles cancelled a training session ahead of the crucial knockout round in protest over bonus payments. Presidential intervention was required to settle that argument.

It got worse from there. Ghana’s team fell apart only hours after its cash arrived. Two of its players were sent home, one for an alleged “unprovoked physical attack” on a Football Association (FA) official, and one for reportedly swearing at his coach. Then there were the match-fixing allegations. Cameroon’s football federation says it is investigating claims that seven “bad apples” on its team were involved in fixing the results of games.

Just take a look at this.

Now u talk about FIFA favoring other countries?

A lot of decisions went Africa's way but I will only list a few.

1. Mexico vs Cameroun: Giovani Dos Santos scored 2 legitimate goals that were wrongly ruled out for offside. If that was against an African country it would have been a case study by now. But Mexico moved on, while Africans are still complaining.

2. Mexico vs Cameroun: Giovani Dos Santo's stone wall penalty that wasn't given. Again if that was against an African country we all would be crying by now and blaming FIFA.

3. Mexico vs Cameroun: Alex Song's 2 footed tackle on Dos Santos. Definite red card offence, he didn't even go for the ball. But guess what, he didn't get red. In the match report it stated that Song was lucky not to see red, but if that happened to an African player we all will be saying racism, fifa hates us, bla bla bla just like the case of Matuidi who was lucky not to see red just like Song, but Nigerians always look for someone to blame, so we blame FIFA.

[img]http://www.thenational.ae/storyimage/AB/20140613/GALLERY/140619565/EP/1/5/EP-140619565.jpg&MaxW=558&imageVersion=default[/img]

4. Nigeria vs Bosnia: Edin Dzeko's legitimate goal that was ruled out for offside. Now nobody talks about this anymore, but u guys forgot if this goal had stood, we probably wouldn't have made it into the second round. If that was a Nigerian goal, I'm sure hundreds of threads would have been opened describing how FIFA didn't want us to get into the second round.

You talk about Matuidi's tackle on Onazi?
Yes its a bad tackle, but this thing happens in football. Onazi is not the first player to suffer a bad tackle in the world cup, so why the whinning? Again simple tactic by the French coach. Take out Onazi and Matuidi did this

[img]http://playtheadvantage.files./2014/06/858741269.gif?w=860[/img]

Now ask an African player to take out a player and he did this

The difference between the 2? One went for the ball and missed, 50/50 situation depending on how the ref sees it. The other took out the player blatantly without the ball which leaves the ref with no option than give a red card.

Until we sort out our discipline problems and improve our academies, stop age cheating.. we will never win the world cup. Africa lack real talents when it comes to the big stage. We thrive in youth tournaments because we use over aged players. When it is time for these players to get into the national team, they would be too old and past their best and that is why we Bleep up at the highest level.
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Fulaman198(m): 4:58pm On Jul 08, 2014
Forwetinnah:

And you think Europeans don't "age cheat"? You sincerely believe Robben is 30? Like seriously? So you believe that crappie about him going for chemo when he was younger etc. These people dump their players in our faces, keeping them as long as possible in international tournaments to promote them..I don't think any team national or otherwise has as much indisciplined players like Real Madrid with the likes of Pepe etc

Robben is 30, Northern Europeans do not age well. He runs like a man even younger than 30 ROFLLL grin

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by xtervaganza(m): 4:59pm On Jul 08, 2014
Emmysteve: I never believed the saying that an African country can never win the world cup until i witnessed the recent showing of Fifa double standard policies. Even the appointment of match officials are done in such a way that it would favor a particular country. All what is done in the field of play has already been arranged before the kickoff.

To drive in my point is the case of Super eagles midfielder Ogenyi Onazi who was intentionally kicked in the angle by french player Matuidi which automatically send him out of play from 6 to 7 months, a replay showed Matuidi going after Onazi's leg instead of the ball.
Despites calls by many football legends including Maradona that Matuidi should be sanctioned, instead FIFA claimed that nothing is wrong with the tackle.

The following week, player Neymar jr, sustained injury from zuniga knee tackle that send him out for 6 to 8 weeks... Fifa to investigate Zuniga kneel tackle.

Isn't these two actions of racism too glaring? in other words, an African leg is breakable but white man's leg is untouchable. Kai Fifa please Fear God!!!

The hand writing is clearly written on the wall by Fifa that Africa can only try but can't never win the world cup. It's time Africa unite and protest against Fifa's injustice. AFRICA MUST BOYCOTT THE NEXT FIFA WORLD CUP TO REGISTER OUR DISPLEASURE. enough is Enough
too funny......

The funny thing is that both the victims and aggressors are black men.

We black race people need to move past this madness of playing the race card.

How is it racism when FIFA refused to sanction a black man for injuring a black man?

Na wa ooo

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by hermesprogidy(m): 5:00pm On Jul 08, 2014
annoymous:

I disagree with you on the bolded - Africans will miss African teams. grin
thanks for the insight. Of course Africans will miss African teams. By 'nobody' I meant FIFA.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

La Liga Could Block Messi From Playing For Barcelona Until January / Premier League Introduce 'head-to-head' Rule For 2019/20 Season / Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.