Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,064 members, 7,818,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup (33393 Views)

Sunday Oliseh ;We Don't Have The Talents To Win The Next World Cup / Who Will Be The Next World Best Player / Who Do You Think Should Win The Next World Best Player? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by thegoodjoehunt(m): 5:54pm On Jul 08, 2014
naijaboyof4life:

neymar is not even white so what is the thing about white man and black man. Neymar, suarez's case got investigated because there was cry for it. the italians and the brazilians cried out for the incident to be investigated. WHy didn't NFF or nigerians cry out for fifa to investigate, you didn't, all what you all were doing was calling keshi names, saying the players did rubbish, making fun of your captain and best midfield player. You were all talking in the web but did NOTHING. Also why bring up an egg that has being buried, Matuidi apologized to onazi and onazii forgave him and said he won't ask fifa to do anything. So if onazi is not worried about it, why are you?
Chiellini was not happy with the long ban of Suarez. Chiellini has no hate against Suarez. Did that stop the investigation?
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Gabby28: 5:55pm On Jul 08, 2014
Emmysteve: I never believed the saying that an African country can never win the world cup until i witnessed the recent showing of Fifa double standard policies. Even the appointment of match officials are done in such a way that it would favor a particular country. All what is done in the field of play has already been arranged before the kickoff.

To drive in my point is the case of Super eagles midfielder Ogenyi Onazi who was intentionally kicked in the angle by french player Matuidi which automatically send him out of play from 6 to 7 months, a replay showed Matuidi going after Onazi's leg instead of the ball.
Despites calls by many football legends including Maradona that Matuidi should be sanctioned, instead FIFA claimed that nothing is wrong with the tackle.

The following week, player Neymar jr, sustained injury from zuniga knee tackle that send him out for 6 to 8 weeks... Fifa to investigate Zuniga kneel tackle.

Isn't these two actions of racism too glaring? in other words, an African leg is breakable but white man's leg is untouchable. Kai Fifa please Fear God!!!

The hand writing is clearly written on the wall by Fifa that Africa can only try but can't never win the world cup. It's time Africa unite and protest against Fifa's injustice. AFRICA MUST BOYCOTT THE NEXT FIFA WORLD CUP TO REGISTER OUR DISPLEASURE. enough is Enough
Africans need some home work i guess grin
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by abatically(m): 5:57pm On Jul 08, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: Chiellini was not happy with the long ban of Suarez. Chiellini has no hate against Suarez. Did that stop the investigation?

Yes Chiellini thought the ban was harsh, but it is not chiellini's decision to dish out a punishment for a player that has bit an opponent 3 times. Chiellini and Italy with the rest of the world showed their frustration when the incident happened. FIFA took their decision.
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by BankuTilapia2: 5:59pm On Jul 08, 2014
Emmysteve: I never believed the saying that an African country can never win the world cup until i witnessed the recent showing of Fifa double standard policies. Even the appointment of match officials are done in such a way that it would favor a particular country. All what is done in the field of play has already been arranged before the kickoff.

To drive in my point is the case of Super eagles midfielder Ogenyi Onazi who was intentionally kicked in the angle by french player Matuidi which automatically send him out of play from 6 to 7 months, a replay showed Matuidi going after Onazi's leg instead of the ball.
Despites calls by many football legends including Maradona that Matuidi should be sanctioned, instead FIFA claimed that nothing is wrong with the tackle.

The following week, player Neymar jr, sustained injury from zuniga knee tackle that send him out for 6 to 8 weeks... Fifa to investigate Zuniga kneel tackle.

Isn't these two actions of racism too glaring? in other words, an African leg is breakable but white man's leg is untouchable. Kai Fifa please Fear God!!!

The hand writing is clearly written on the wall by Fifa that Africa can only try but can't never win the world cup. It's time Africa unite and protest against Fifa's injustice. AFRICA MUST BOYCOTT THE NEXT FIFA WORLD CUP TO REGISTER OUR DISPLEASURE. enough is Enough

Another stupidddd post from a miserable mumugerian. You would not be spewing this nonsense if your super 4 1 9 are in the semis ( God forbid). Football is a contact sports and not like you sticking your dickkk in a juicy pussssyyyy( thats if you are even lucky to get some). Because of fuckinggggg Onazi, Africa should boycott the next world cup. Foolish mumugerian if you dont have anything better to do with your life, then please go help your coward and lazy military to find the missing girls.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by nijanigga: 6:00pm On Jul 08, 2014
Winning world cup is a super super luxury , africans need to solve problems of hunger, disease, greed ,corruption , war , first ,before winning world cup.Take a cue of countries that have won or almost won world cup.for me only 3 countries should represent africa.in russia 2018 nothing will change.
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Yemlizzy(f): 6:01pm On Jul 08, 2014
Its just so obvious in the worldcup. Everything centers on racism and hence all actions are taken to favour a particular team.

Its so terrible. I wonder when all these would come to an end.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 08, 2014
BankuTilapia2:

Another stupidddd post from a miserable mumugerian. You would not be spewing this nonsense if your super 4 1 9 are in the semis ( God forbid). Football is a contact sports and not like you sticking your dickkk in a juicy pussssyyyy( thats if you are even lucky to get some). Because of fuckinggggg Onazi, Africa should boycott the next world cup. Foolish mumugerian if you dont have anything better to do with your life, then please go help your coward and lazy military to find the missing girls.

Mumugerian? - that's fvcked up.

Can I call you, 'Fufu-naian', Abrantie?

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Gunzilla(m): 6:11pm On Jul 08, 2014
Rossikki:

You have zero common sense. Matuidi represents FRANCE - a white, European nation, and it is FRANCE that has its interests being promoted by a dishonest/corrupt FIFA. It is not the individual players' skin colour that matters. Surely you must know this or are you really that dumb and stupi.d??

This guy Rossike..you really shouldn't have stopped taking your medication you know...Xanax or Prozac or whatever your psychiatrist prescribed...please start taking them again,you hear ?

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by jaido007: 6:18pm On Jul 08, 2014
I love your heading....there is no need of reading your points again.....you have said it all.....
abatically: WHY AFRICA MUST IMPROVE THEIR FOOTBALL INSTEAD OF COMPLAINING AND LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO BLAME

You guys are quick to blame FIFA for Africa's failure, but fail to tackle the main reason Africa can't win the world cup. The number one reason why we can't win the world cup yet is INDISCIPLINE.

Of the five African teams which qualified to play in the World Cup, three were involved in pay scandals. Players from Cameroon got their protest in before the tournament had even started. They refused to board a plane to Brazil following an argument over money, delaying their arrival by almost a day. Next, Ghana made a laughing stock of itself when it flew $3m in cash to Brazil to avert a match boycott by players demanding their appearance fees. Finally, Nigeria’s Super Eagles cancelled a training session ahead of the crucial knockout round in protest over bonus payments. Presidential intervention was required to settle that argument.

It got worse from there. Ghana’s team fell apart only hours after its cash arrived. Two of its players were sent home, one for an alleged “unprovoked physical attack” on a Football Association (FA) official, and one for reportedly swearing at his coach. Then there were the match-fixing allegations. Cameroon’s football federation says it is investigating claims that seven “bad apples” on its team were involved in fixing the results of games.

Just take a look at this.

Now u talk about FIFA favoring other countries?

A lot of decisions went Africa's way but I will only list a few.

1. Mexico vs Cameroun: Giovani Dos Santos scored 2 legitimate goals that were wrongly ruled out for offside. If that was against an African country it would have been a case study by now. But Mexico moved on, while Africans are still complaining.

2. Mexico vs Cameroun: Giovani Dos Santo's stone wall penalty that wasn't given. Again if that was against an African country we all would be crying by now and blaming FIFA.

3. Mexico vs Cameroun: Alex Song's 2 footed tackle on Dos Santos. Definite red card offence, he didn't even go for the ball. But guess what, he didn't get red. In the match report it stated that Song was lucky not to see red, but if that happened to an African player we all will be saying racism, fifa hates us, bla bla bla just like the case of Matuidi who was lucky not to see red just like Song, but Nigerians always look for someone to blame, so we blame FIFA.

[img]http://www.thenational.ae/storyimage/AB/20140613/GALLERY/140619565/EP/1/5/EP-140619565.jpg&MaxW=558&imageVersion=default[/img]

4. Nigeria vs Bosnia: Edin Dzeko's legitimate goal that was ruled out for offside. Now nobody talks about this anymore, but u guys forgot if this goal had stood, we probably wouldn't have made it into the second round. If that was a Nigerian goal, I'm sure hundreds of threads would have been opened describing how FIFA didn't want us to get into the second round.

You talk about Matuidi's tackle on Onazi?
Yes its a bad tackle, but this thing happens in football. Onazi is not the first player to suffer a bad tackle in the world cup, so why the whinning? Again simple tactic by the French coach. Take out Onazi and Matuidi did this

[img]http://playtheadvantage.files./2014/06/858741269.gif?w=860[/img]

Now ask an African player to take out a player and he did this

The difference between the 2? One went for the ball and missed, 50/50 situation depending on how the ref sees it. The other took out the player blatantly without the ball which leaves the ref with no option than give a red card.

Until we sort out our discipline problems and improve our academies, stop age cheating.. we will never win the world cup. Africa lack real talents when it comes to the big stage. We thrive in youth tournaments because we use over aged players. When it is time for these players to get into the national team, they would be too old and past their best and that is why we Bleep up at the highest level.
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Fulaman198(m): 6:19pm On Jul 08, 2014
xtervaganza: says the FULANI man

Lol

Real animal

So now it is about my ethnic group? Keep being the white man's slave. I bet you would be kissing the nyash of white people..At least we Fulani don't do that. So were you taught to be a sub and a bottom to whites? At least I know Fulani people don't bow down to no one.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by hardeyincah(m): 6:19pm On Jul 08, 2014

only failure complains, success dont.. ASIANS, AMERICANS e.t.c are yet to win d world they never complained..... EUROPE AND SOUTH-AMERICAN are d ones lifting d trophy, so why all dis ranting?
abi na FIFA help gyan miss penalty against Uruguay wey we for don enter Semi's?
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Fulaman198(m): 6:21pm On Jul 08, 2014
[quote author=Barywhyte][/quote]

I personally do not lie about my age, I don't care that I am 30. I admit, sometimes I do feel 'older' on these forums because most people I see here are in their early to late 20s. Sometimes I wish I could say I was 25 cheesy
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 08, 2014

Don't you mean NIGERIA should boycot the World Cup? What has Africa have to do with it?

Don't worry though you are at the edge of being suspended from the World Cup so your problem Will be solved

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Fulaman198(m): 6:24pm On Jul 08, 2014
Missy89:

I can tell you this for a fact.

no player in the SE including odewingie uses their birth certificate. they all use a declaration of age. most of them are in their late 30s or early 40s

No way they are in their late 30s or early 40s even though some of them (Mikel Obi and Yobo I'm looking at you both) play like old men. I mean for Musa to be as fast as he is, and for Emenike to be as strong as he is tells me that they are probably truthful about their ages. The problem with them is that they may not be the most fit players in the world.

We watched the match against France, they were not running like old men (except for Mikel Obi and Moses, Moses was even worse). In the case of Mikel Obi, he may be sick, and it may not be his fault. We don't know if he has an illness that may be hindering his ability to play (not trying to make excuses for him).
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Fulaman198(m): 6:25pm On Jul 08, 2014
BluIvy:

Don't you mean NIGERIA should boycot the World Cup? What has Africa have to do with it?

Don't worry though you are at the edge of being suspended from the World Cup so your problem Will be solved

There are other African nations complaining about mistreatment like Ivory Coast (Cote D'Ivoire).

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 08, 2014
Fulaman198:

There are other African nations complaining about mistreatment like Ivory Coast (Cote D'Ivoire).

Really? Source pleas. And by the way the age issue is still majorly a Nigeria issue. Stop cheating so you can be applauded when making a complaint. Or just live with it.
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Qoaki3k: 6:29pm On Jul 08, 2014
TODAY MATCH
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Missy89(f): 6:29pm On Jul 08, 2014
Fulaman198:

No way they are in their late 30s or early 40s even though some of them (Mikel Obi and Yobo I'm looking at you both) play like old men. I mean for Musa to be as fast as he is, and for Emenike to be as strong as he is tells me that they are probably truthful about their ages. The problem with them is that they may not be the most fit players in the world.

We watched the match against France, they were not running like old men (except for Mikel Obi and Moses, Moses was even worse). In the case of Mikel Obi, he may be sick, and it may not be his fault. We don't know if he has an illness that may be hindering his ability to play (not trying to make excuses for him).

you clearly have little knowledge about Nigerian football.
Most of these players have played in the Nigerian league at a time . do you know how old you have to be to play in the Glo premiership or a Nigerian semi pro team?.
Like i said . NONE of them uses a birth certificate and the 2 players that are really not too far off are peter and yobo.

saying that they are young because the are fast is laughable. Africans tend to look young and do not age quickly.
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jul 08, 2014
Missy89:

Most of these players have played in the Nigerian league at a time . do you know how old you have to be to play in the Glo premiership?.
Like i said . NONE of them uses a birth certificate and the 2 players that are really not too far off are peter and yobo.

saying that they are young because the are fast is laughable. Africans tend to look young and do not age quickly.

Thanks dear! The truth is bitter but like medicine we need it
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Barywhyte(m): 6:36pm On Jul 08, 2014
Fulaman198:

I personally do not lie about my age, I don't care that I am 30. I admit, sometimes I do feel 'older' on these forums because most people I see here are in their early to late 20s. Sometimes I wish I could say I was 25 cheesy

Trust me there are elderly people on nairaland; very many of them actually and many of them very wise. Why would one be ashamed of his age? It baffles me. Even tho I dont look like am clocking 30 cos of my young face and stature, I feel good that am aging. If u dnt wanna age, just send for Mr. Death and thats it. Like you said, there are too many kids wading thru the forum and thats why you dnt often see intelligent ones commenting on most threads

Shalom
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 08, 2014
Missy89:
Most of these players have played in the Nigerian league at a time . do you know how old you have to be to play in the Glo premiership or a Nigerian semi pro team?.

Only Odemwingie and Victor Moses(even if he lied about his age, it can't be that much) are young. Moses grew in South London, and I remember it was Victor Moses, Kelvin and Michael Etuhu(Dickson Etuhu's younger brothers) and Moses Ashikodi back then. Michael stopped playing football. And the Peckham lifestyle caught up with both Kelvin and Ashikodi.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Missy89(f): 6:45pm On Jul 08, 2014
shymexx:

Only Odemwingie and Victor Moses(even if he lied about his age, it can't be that much) are young. Moses grew in South London, and I remember it was Victor Moses, Kelvin and Michael Etuhu(Dickson Etuhu's younger brothers) and Moses Ashikodi back then. Michael stopped playing football. And the Peckham lifestyle caught up with both Kelvin and Ashikodi.

yeah Odewingie probably removed 2-5 years. he played for Bendel insurance for more than 2 years and played over 50 games there. You cant play 50 games in the Nigerian league if you are 18-19. not going to happen!
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by hermesprogidy(m): 6:47pm On Jul 08, 2014
Missy89:

see sharp babe with sharp football brain.. Ha! See as I just dey drool! *cleans mouth with handkerchief*
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 08, 2014
Missy89:

yeah Odewingie probably removed 2-5 years. he played for Bendel insurance for more than 2 years and played over 50 games there. You cant play 50 games in the Nigerian league if you are 18-19. not going to happen!

Yes, he looks young. Don't let West Brom fans catch you abusing that guy - they love him to death. You need to see how they used to shout his name everywhere.

Victor Moses' real age should be around my age. All those other guys are my age-mates...we all grew up in Peckham together.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 08, 2014
Fifa, means (FOOTBALL ISN'T MEANT FOR AFRICA)..i think we are just making up the number anyway.
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Niseamaka(m): 6:57pm On Jul 08, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: You are talking of calls denied. That is a referee making a wrong call. The OP is talking about Maradona pointing out that what Matuidi did was worse than Suarez' bite. Yet FIFA turned a deaf ear.

Now it is Neymar, a Brazilian, FIFA is ready to investigate.

So are you saying because a referee made wrong calls in favor of Cameroun, Onazi's leg break should not be investigated? A lot of wrong calls favored Brazil, yet these guys are ready to investigate Neymar.

Please, I do not agree with Africans keeping quiet in the face of injustice.

The OP is just asking for equality. If Neymar's case is to be investigated, then do the same for Onazi.

The truth remains that all the African representatives were average or below average teams that displayed average or below average performances. Based on their performances, none of them deserve to get to the quarter finals. We have to stop this victim mentality, we are just not good enough at management, the technical aspects and the players themselves.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Fulaman198(m): 6:57pm On Jul 08, 2014
Barywhyte:

Trust me there are elderly people on nairaland; very many of them actually and many of them very wise. Why would one be ashamed of his age? It baffles me. Even tho I dont look like am clocking 30 cos of my young face and stature, I feel good that am aging. If u dnt wanna age, just send for Mr. Death and thats it. Like you said, there are too many kids wading thru the forum and thats why you dnt often see intelligent ones commenting on most threads

Shalom

Is that you Shymmex cheesy ? The Shalom kind of gives you away bro.

Why can't I just call for Mr. Immortality instead. I still feel young and look young, I don't mind aging (part of the reason I don't want to age is because I have not experienced what is called women in my life) so I want to remain young to potentially attract women I have never had (long story for another discussion).
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by phuckNL: 6:58pm On Jul 08, 2014
@OP you funny oo
What do you call Africas' current participation? No be boycott be that.
Africa can boycott all they want, Africa won't be missed. As a matter of fact, FIFA should reduce Africas' slot to 1 only.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Fulaman198(m): 7:00pm On Jul 08, 2014
Missy89:

I know quite a bit about Nigerian football, though I don't like to brag about it. I also know why Nigerian football is not progressing. You can't honestly tell me with a straight face that someone in their late 30s or early 40s can run as fast as Musa or Emenike or have the dribbling prowess of Efe Ambrose, or have the skill and strength of Oshiniwa....Or have the endurance of Onazi. None of those players look past 35. They all look late 20s to early 30s to me.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jul 08, 2014
Fulaman198:

Is that you Shymmex cheesy ? The Shalom kind of gives you away bro.

Why can't I just call for Mr. Immortality instead. I still feel young and look young, I don't mind aging (part of the reason I don't want to age is because I have not experienced what is called women in my life) so I want to remain young to potentially attract women I have never had (long story for another discussion).

Am I the only one who says "shalom" on nairaland? Just because I started it, and a few people are jocking me, that doesn't mean everyone who says "shalom" is shymexx.

I never quoted you, and that ain't me. undecided
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Fulaman198(m): 7:01pm On Jul 08, 2014
BluIvy:

Really? Source pleas. And by the way the age issue is still majorly a Nigeria issue. Stop cheating so you can be applauded when making a complaint. Or just live with it.

Here you go Ms.BluIvy:

http://www.kickoffnigeria.com/mobile/news/46279/yaya-nobody-cares-of-injustices-against-african-teams

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Premier League Introduce 'head-to-head' Rule For 2019/20 Season / Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians / "Anthony Joshua Needs Sex To Become A Legend"-Two-time World Champ,Larry Holmes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.