Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,931 members, 7,952,746 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:57 PM

Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup (33651 Views)

Sunday Oliseh ;We Don't Have The Talents To Win The Next World Cup / Who Will Be The Next World Best Player / Who Do You Think Should Win The Next World Best Player? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by thegoodjoehunt(m): 8:00pm On Jul 07, 2014
abatically:

Suarez is a single player from Uruguayan team. Zuniga's challenge is part of what we see in football everyday. It is a different thing entirely when a whole team fights for money and boycott training and threaten to boycott a match. Jeez Ghana even flew $3 million cash to Brazil. What a disgrace.
It is a one time event. It is not a regular occurrence. By the way, if the African teams are so irrelevant, why can't they just ban us? Why were we invited in the first place.

I do not even get how flying money in cash to the Ghanaian team was a bigger disgrace than the Suarez incident.

Note Suarez was investigated and Zuniga is also being investigated for incidents on the pitch in front of cameras.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by omar22(m): 8:00pm On Jul 07, 2014
Rossikki: SORRY, BUT ON NL, IF YOU TYPE RUBBISH, NOBODY SEEKS YOUR PERMISSION BEFORE PUTTING YOU STRAIGHT.

Now for the last time, do NOT ever say ''racism wasn't involved because Matuidi was black!''

DAMN IDIATTT!!!!

The Earth is full, Please Go Home

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by abatically(m): 8:04pm On Jul 07, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: It is a one time event. It is not a regular occurrence. By the way, if the African teams are so irrelevant, why can't they just ban us? Why were we invited in the first place.

I do not even get how flying money in cash to the Ghanaian team was a bigger disgrace than the Suarez incident.

Note Suarez was investigated and Zuniga is also being investigated for incidents on the pitch in front of cameras.

I didn't say Africa is irrelevant. We are very much relevant, the world cup is a global tournament and every continent has to be represented. The topic is asking for Africa to boycott the next world cup. Now if Africa feel they want to boycott the world cup, they won't be missed. Only few African teams are worth watching anyway.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by thegoodjoehunt(m): 8:06pm On Jul 07, 2014
abatically:

Dude, having a few African players here and there doesn't mean they are top talents. Pls can u name 5 current African players that are genuine world class. Don't include done players like etoo and drogba.
Tell me who in then list is not top class. As I said, many teams all over Europe buy African players.

Someone like you would never consider James Rodriguez world class till you saw him at the World Cup. I did. Just as I consider Fernando that Man City is about to sign World Class.

So a player like Aurier.

So now you have shifted from no talents in Africa to World class. I guess you agree that Africa has talents.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Rossikki: 8:07pm On Jul 07, 2014
tuffgongjo: u have a point

Africa still has many potential Okochas, Kanus and Weahs around. The main problem with why they are not coming to the fore much these days is that European managers have devised a racist stereotype of who their typical African footballer must be. These days he must be ''big, strong'' or ''with pace''. He must be a brute, not a thinker like Okocha or Kanu. He must act as a defensive shield, or otherwise a ''powerful strong'' guy up front there to overpower opponents with his brute strength.

So any African player who does not meet these criteria is generally shunned by the ''top European clubs''. Look at Mikel. He was a skilful attacking midfielder on his way to becoming the next Okocha. Voted 2nd to Messi in talent at the 2005 FIFA Under 20 World Cup. Mourinho didn't want that. He wanted a new version of Makalele instead. Mikel turned from smart alec to thoughtless brute. This is why we need to develop and empower at least 5 or 6 African leagues so that they can become the base of our far more diversified talent pool.

9 Likes

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by thegoodjoehunt(m): 8:10pm On Jul 07, 2014
abatically:

Dude, having a few African players here and there doesn't mean they are top talents. Pls can u name 5 current African players that are genuine world class. Don't include done players like etoo and drogba.
It is not few African players. They are plenty scattered all over Europe.

Many rising stars are in Europe too. Man City got them, Arsenal, Barca and other clubs hunt for African talents. Chelsea got many too. So quit your talk. Africa got footballing talents.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by abatically(m): 8:11pm On Jul 07, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: Tell me who in then list is not top class. As I said, many teams all over Europe buy African players.

Someone like you would never consider James Rodriguez world class till you saw him at the World Cup. I did. Just as I consider Fernando that Man City is about to sign World Class.

So a player like Aurier.

So now you have shifted from no talents in Africa to World class. I guess you agree that Africa has talents.

Africa has no real talents. There are a few talents here and there but they hardly become world class. For u to be world class, u have to play top level football consistently. James Rodriguez is a promising talent, not yet world class but has the potential to become world class. Likewise Paul pogba is a promising young talent, not yet world class. Africans show flashes of talents but most of them never become world class.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by abatically(m): 8:14pm On Jul 07, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: It is not few African players. They are plenty scattered all over Europe.

Many rising stars are in Europe too. Man City got them, Arsenal, Barca and other clubs hunt for African talents. Chelsea got many too. So quit your talk. Africa got footballing talents.

You mean players with flashes of potential that these teams buy and later sell them to some lower clubs when they find out they can't improve on their potentials? How many of these Africans in man city arsenal or Chelsea academy actually graduate to the first team?

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by thegoodjoehunt(m): 8:53pm On Jul 07, 2014
abatically:

You mean players with flashes of potential that these teams buy and later sell them to some lower clubs when they find out they can't improve on their potentials? How many of these Africans in man city arsenal or Chelsea academy actually graduate to the first team?
So because Mata did not graduate to Real Madrid's first team, he is not a real talent?

We have produced many great African players through time. More will rise. It is funny you continue with this argument. It holds no water. Africa produces great talents the World marvel at. You watched what Musa did to the Argentines. Or Ambrose bombarding through the French midfield. Onazi had to be injured to create room for the French.

KANU was once listed among the top 10 players in the World. Drogba, Eto'o, Adebayor, Ikpeba have all picked up Golden boots in top leagues.

Aiyegbeni once had the highest aggregate goals in 5 years in the EPL. Finidi George was once the best winger in Europe. Abedi Pele was among the best players in the World.

Africa produces great talents. They will keep on producing talents.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by abatically(m): 9:05pm On Jul 07, 2014
Rossikki:

Africa still has many potential Okochas, Kanus and Weahs around. The main problem with why they are not coming to the fore much these days is that European managers have devised a racist stereotype of who their typical African footballer must be. These days he must be ''big, strong'' or ''with pace''. He must be a brute, not a thinker like Okocha or Kanu. He must act as a defensive shield, or otherwise a ''powerful strong'' guy up front there to overpower opponents with his brute strength.

So any African player who does not meet these criteria is generally shunned by the ''top European clubs''. Look at Mikel. He was a skilful attacking midfielder on his way to becoming the next Okocha. Voted 2nd to Messi in talent at the 2005 FIFA Under 20 World Cup. Mourinho didn't want that. He wanted a new version of Makalele instead. Mikel turned from smart alec to thoughtless brute. This is why we need to develop and empower at least 5 or 6 African leagues so that they can become the base of our far more diversified talent pool.

Ironically African players are all about brute force and speed. Dude if u think European teams don't want to buy technical players, what about African nations cup? Really how many thinkers played in that tournament. How many okocha's and kanu's did u see in afcon 2013?

About mikel being voted second best in 2005... It became very obvious Mikel was over aged and playing against much younger players, that was why he outshined them. Now at 27 Mikel is a shadow of himself. Not only Mikel... Ogbuke, onyekachi apam, sani kaita were bossing everyone, but where are they today? Meanwhile the players they played against in 2005 are still playing at top level football. The fabregas, David Silva, juafran, Fernando gago, messi, aguero, llorente.

13 Likes

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by abatically(m): 9:10pm On Jul 07, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: So because Mata did not graduate to Real Madrid's first team, heis not a real talent?

We have produced many great African players through time. More will rise. It is funny you continue with this argument. It holds no water. Africa produces great talents the World marvel at. You watched what Musa did to the Argentines. Or Ambrose bombarding through the French midfield. Onazi had to be injured to crest room for the French.

KANU was once listed among the top 10 players in the World. Drogba, Eto'o, Adebayor, Ikpeba have all picked up Golden boots in top leagues.

Aiyegbeni once had the highest aggregate goals in 5 years in the EPL. Finidi George was once the best winger in Europe. Abedi Pele was among the best players in the World.

Africa produces great talents. They will keep on producing talents.

The kanu's? If u read my last comments I said Africa are producing less talents compared to the past. U are calling abedi pele, finidi George, drogba and etoo. I'm talking current, not past. The rate at which we produce talents is diminishing compared to the past. For example, Nigeria has not produced a single world class player since kanu nwankwo.

7 Likes

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:47pm On Jul 07, 2014
abatically:

The kanu's? If u read my last comments I said Africa are producing less talents compared to the past. U are calling abedi pele, finidi George, drogba and etoo. I'm talking current, not past. The rate at which we produce talents is diminishing compared to the past. For example, Nigeria has not produced a single world class player since kanu nwankwo.
The fact is that your statement that Africa has no real talent is wrong and baseless.

We keep on producing amazing talents and more will come.
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by abatically(m): 10:36pm On Jul 07, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: The fact is that your statement that Africa has no real talent is wrong and baseless.

We keep on producing amazing talents and more will come.

My statement is very valid. So u agreed there was no real show of talent at AFCON 2013? When I said Africa has no real talent, it came with a little bit of sarcasm. It doesn't mean Africa has no talent at all.. but it is way way lower than what we see in European and South American tournaments. We only see flashes of amazing African talents at a very low pace. Like one African talent to 30 European and South American talents. The last AFCON says a lot, very boring and one dimensional, I couldn't even pick out ONE player with the brains of Iniesta, Xavi, Mata, Messi, Aguero, Suarez (when he behaves), Robben, Kroos, Rooney, Neymar, Reus, Ozil, Koke, etc. Even Yaya Toure that was supposed to stand out was screwed by his entire team. Africans so much believe in brute force and speed which is really affecting us. Football has changed from the days of long balls and giving the ball to wingers who use speed to get past opponents and cross into the box. A good example is our own Emenike. Powerful and fast player but lacks technical abilities required in modern football.

6 Likes

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by abatically(m): 10:46pm On Jul 07, 2014
It has been confirmed that Zuniga is not facing any punishment for his challenge on Neymar. We can all shut up now, move on and improve our football.

6 Likes

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:20pm On Jul 07, 2014
abatically:

My statement is very valid. So u agreed there was no real show of talent at AFCON 2013? When I said Africa has no real talent, it came with a little bit of sarcasm. It doesn't mean Africa has no talent at all.. but it is way way lower than what we see in European and South American tournaments. We only see flashes of amazing African talents at a very low pace. Like one African talent to 30 European and South American talents. The last AFCON says a lot, very boring and one dimensional, I couldn't even pick out ONE player with the brains of Iniesta, Xavi, Mata, Messi, Aguero, Suarez (when he behaves), Robben, Kroos, Rooney, Neymar, Reus, Ozil, Koke, etc. Even Yaya Toure that was supposed to stand out was screwed by his entire team. Africans so much believe in brute force and speed which is really affecting us. Football has changed from the days of long balls and giving the ball to wingers who use speed to get past opponents and cross into the box. A good example is our own Emenike. Powerful and fast player but lacks technical abilities required in modern football.
So Mikel, Moniker and Onoabona were not real talents? What about the revelation of Onerous and Mba.

Pigtails was amazing. Asamoah Meadow was fantastic. What of Damask Mubarak who was so special in the AFCON.

Please I never and would never say no real talents in Africa. Even the CHAN showed a lot of talents.

By the way, did you follow the break through of Azeez at Almeria? Middleborough rates Omeruo very highly.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:23pm On Jul 07, 2014
abatically: It has been confirmed that Zuniga is not facing any punishment for his challenge on Neymar. We can all shut up now, move on and improve our football.
Why should we not talk? What has that got to do with the fact that Fifa looked into Neymar's incident and turned a blind eye to Onazi's.

It is better they look into Onazi's case and declare Matuidi innocent than not looking into it at all.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by abatically(m): 11:35pm On Jul 07, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: So Mikel, Moniker and Onoabona were not real talents? What about the revelation of Onerous and Mba.

Pigtails was amazing. Asamoah Meadow was fantastic. What of Damask Mubarak who was so special in the AFCON.

Please I never and would never say no real talents in Africa. Even the CHAN showed a lot of talents.

By the way, did you follow the break through of Azeez at Almeria? Middleborough rates Omeruo very highly.

You call oboabona, MBA, mikel, Mubarak, azeez real talents? They are all average players at best. If these are the best Africans can produce then my point that we have no real talents is valid. Compare them with messi, Ronaldo, ibrahimovic, thiago Silva, ozil, David silva, Tony krooos, Thomas Muller,Gareth bale, koke, Rooney, van persie, Suarez, etc. These are real talents . Even Raheem sterling at 19 has more footballing brains than those players u listed.

6 Likes

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:42pm On Jul 07, 2014
abatically:

You call oboabona, MBA, mikel, Mubarak, azeez real talents? They are all average players at best. If these are the best Africans can produce then my point that we have no real talents is valid. Compare them with messi, Ronaldo, ibrahimovic, thiago Silva, ozil, David silva, Tony krooos, Thomas Muller,Gareth bale, koke, Rooney, van persie, Suarez, etc. These are real talents . Even Raheem sterling at 19 has more footballing brains than those players u listed.
Tandem Sterling can never have more footballing brains than Mikel. Mikel is nothing short of a genius.

Watch this clip again. What of Asamoah Kwadwo, will you put Raheem Sterling above him?

Azeez and co. have to struggle out to prove their wotprth. He was one of the break through talents in Spain. He saved the club from relegation.

Drop Toni Kroons in Almeda and let us see him flourish.

Watch this clip of Mikel and tell me Tandem Sterling have more brains.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbXYIq4U4TY

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by blasterman(m): 1:36am On Jul 08, 2014
abatically:

Aside yaya toure, how many African players are playing top football. How many African players are in the first eleven of top football clubs? Real Madrid zero. Chelsea zero ( Mikel is a squad player, moses so bad they loaned him out), even arsenal that likes to buy cheap players don't have an African in their first eleven. Barcelona too, burussia Dortmund have only aubameyang, Bayern Munich have none (pls don't tell me alaba because he is not African anymore), Manchester united have non, Liverpool have none, PSG , atletico Madrid all have no Africans on their first eleven. So where are the talents?

U have to understand that in those countries where we have the top football clubs like Spain, Italy, UK, Germany they prefer to use their country men and give them enough playing time thus they eventually have more experience than you. So for an african or whatever to be playing in those club he has to be extra ordinary as in better than the white guys by far not close by far.

Lets say Brasilians how many brasilans are playing in La Liga many right. That is because BRasilian footballer are exceptional because they start from beach soccer. Nigerian footballers really more on physical strength, we rarely only once in a long time before we see a
Kanu, Okocha ,Findi or Ikepba even Mikel in early days

The only way forward is to have maybe 4-5 super clubs in OUR LEAGUE dominate Africa chanmpions league for years meanwhile exporting soccer players to Europe and Americas.

If you look at the german team most of the play for top clubs Bayern Real Madrid, Arsenal, Chelsea with very strong subs

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by abatically(m): 7:14am On Jul 08, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: Tandem Sterling can never have more footballing brains than Mikel. Mikel is nothing short of a genius.

Watch this clip again. What of Asamoah Kwadwo, will you put Raheem Sterling above him?

Azeez and co. have to struggle out to prove their wotprth. He was one of the break through talents in Spain. He saved the club from relegation.

Drop Toni Kroons in Almeda and let us see him flourish.

Watch this clip of Mikel and tell me Tandem Sterling have more brains.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbXYIq4U4TY

Dude, YouTube videos will make even Wilfred zaha or Bebe look like a world class. Raheem sterling is 19, Mikel obi is probably 35 with more experience. Mikel's age is fast catching up on him hence the poor showing at the world cup.

Watch Raheem Sterling... not yet a world class but this video makes him look like one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLBM1kMMOiE

Now watch bebe, a big time flop but youtube makes him look good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1DugjIXD_8

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by abatically(m): 7:50am On Jul 08, 2014
blasterman:

U have to understand that in those countries where we have the top football clubs like Spain, Italy, UK, Germany they prefer to use their country men and give them enough playing time thus they eventually have more experience than you. So for an african or whatever to be playing in those club he has to be extra ordinary as in better than the white guys by far not close by far.

The truth is if an African player is really good, he will play in the biggest clubs no matter what. Those clubs want to win and if an African player will make their team better they won't only sign them but pay them more. Samuel Eto'o was exceptional at Barcelona and Inter Milan. Yaya Toure is one of the highest paid players in the premier league right now. But we only get these kind of players once in a while. One of the major problem Nigerians and Black Africans have is we play for the money. If for example a young talent is discovered let's say in the under 17. The next thing on his mind and hi's agent's mind is HOW TO MAKE MONEY instead of improving his talent. A Nigerian young player that has an opportunity to join a feeder's team in England or Spain and improve his talent with little pay would rather join an unknown club in Qatar so far him and his agent get lots of money. Tell me how can u improve ur football in Qatar, or Israel, Turkey etc.

In the past when footballers don't get overpaid, we use to have lots of talents. But now in modern football that footballers get paid too much money, we have little talents because everyone is playing for the money, no real passion.

blasterman:
Lets say Brasilians how many brasilans are playing in La Liga many right. That is because BRasilian footballer are exceptional because they start from beach soccer. Nigerian footballers really more on physical strength, we rarely only once in a long time before we see a
Kanu, Okocha ,Findi or Ikepba even Mikel in early days

There are lots of Brazilians playing in Spain. Players like Neymar took their time before leaving his grassroot. He had a chance to join Chelsea or real Madrid 2 years ago, but he knew he was not ready, he took his time to develop his talents. If that was a Nigerian believe me he would have jumped to Chelsea 2 years ago because they would pay him more. And they he would end up not playing to his potential because their kind of game might not suite him.

Having players with sharp vision (the Kanu's, Okochas, etc) is mainly dependent on natural talents. Players like Mata, Iniesta, Xavi, Oscar, paul Scholes, Ronaldinho etc. You can't make these kind of players, if u don't have it in u, there is nothing we can do. Ever since Kanu Nwankwo retired, we have lacked a player that can link the midfield with attack in our team and that has made our football so boring and hard to create chances. If u think we have talents, why haven't we been able to replace Kanu? This is also the same problem with England. They lack that special talented player that can link attack and midfield. Ever since Paul Scholes retired England have been playing like shyt.

African football is over reliant on physical strength and in modern football, u need more of techniques and little physical strength. Believe me if modern football is won by physical strength, then Africans should be winning the world cup.

8 Likes

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by diamond4life: 8:34am On Jul 08, 2014
when people succeed they praise themselves, but when they fail they blame others, what is fifa's fault in enyeama's mistake, or yobo's own goal, or cote divoire's failure to play very well and secure just a point against greece, or cameroun's indiscipline when a player even headbutt his team mate, or lack of world class talents that make this african teams fail.

8 Likes

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by omar22(m): 9:36am On Jul 08, 2014
diamond4life: when people succeed they praise themselves, but when they fail they blame others, what is fifa's fault in enyeama's mistake, or yobo's own goal, or cote divoire's failure to play very well and secure just a point against greece, or cameroun's indiscipline when a player even headbutt his team mate, or lack of world class talents that make this african teams fail.

Exactly!!!!

I could remember the 88th minute against Italy during the 1994 world cup, 2 minutes to go plus injury time and guess? what Augustin Eguavon wanted to nutmeg an Italian player at the edge of the penalty box, the ball was won and squared to Baggio who needed no invitation to inflict damage on us. Gianfranco Zola got a red card for something so petty and at worst a Yellow card but he got a Red, The Nigerian player rolling on the floor as if he was shot by a canon. Talking about injustice. I guess we should blame FIFA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GVZs3IuDh8

In 1998 Okocha turned the 2nd round game into a one man show, the officials said no allowance since the President is dead. and the players lost their heads from the first minute against Denmark.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by abatically(m): 10:00am On Jul 08, 2014
omar22:

Exactly!!!!

I could remember the 88th minute against Italy during the 1994 world cup, 2 minutes to go plus injury time and guess what Augustin Eguavon wanted to nutmeg an Italian player at the edge of the penalty box, the ball was won and squared to Baggio who needed no invitation to inflict damage on us. Gianfranco Zola got a red card for something so petty and at worst a Yellow card but he got a Red, The Nigerian player rolling on the floor as if he was shot by a canon. Talking about injustice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GVZs3IuDh8

In Okocha turned the 2nd round game into a one man show, the officials said no allowance since the President is dead.

Abi oo. If Zola was a Nigerian we all would have let hell lose blaming FIFA and officials for that bogus red card. But guess what, it was a right decision because it went our way. All these hypocrites fail to realize that in football, u win some and lose some. Sometimes decision goes in ur favor and sometimes it goes against u. Live with it.

5 Likes

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:31pm On Jul 08, 2014
You guys are funny. We are talking of a possible intentional leg breaking tackle and you are talking of red cards and penalty decision.

Fifa investigated Zuniga for a possible intentional back breaking tackle. We are asking for equality and justice for Onazi.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:34pm On Jul 08, 2014
abatically:

Dude, YouTube videos will make even Wilfred zaha or Bebe look like a world class. Raheem sterling is 19, Mikel obi is probably 35 with more experience. Mikel's age is fast catching up on him hence the poor showing at the world cup.

Watch Raheem Sterling... not yet a world class but this video makes him look like one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLBM1kMMOiE

Now watch bebe, a big time flop but youtube makes him look good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1DugjIXD_8
I am not talking of looking like a Super Star. I said watch this video and see if Raheem Sterling has the kind of decision making of Mikel. Sorry, he does not and can not.

We watched Sterling make atrocious judgement in the whole World Cup.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:37pm On Jul 08, 2014
diamond4life: when people succeed they praise themselves, but when they fail they blame others, what is fifa's fault in enyeama's mistake, or yobo's own goal, or cote divoire's failure to play very well and secure just a point against greece, or cameroun's indiscipline when a player even headbutt his team mate, or lack of world class talents that make this african teams fail.
We are talking of a possible intentional leg break which Maradona described as worse than Suarez bite. Fifcvestigated a case Maradona considers lesser. So we are asking why are they not investigating Onazi's case and give him the treatment they gave Neymar and Chilliness.
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by omar22(m): 2:04pm On Jul 08, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: We are talking of a possible intentional leg break which Maradona described as worse than Suarez bite. Fifcvestigated a case Maradona considers lesser. So we are asking why are they not investigating Onazi's case and give him the treatment they gave Neymar and Chilliness.

Now we should take the words of Maradona as Gospel

Super Eagles midfielder, John Mikel Obi, said a yellow card was the fair punishment for Blaise Matuidi for his tackle on Ogenyi Onazi.

The Frenchman’s ill-timed challenge left the Nigerian midfielder with a fractured ankle, which required a cast and is expected to keep him out of action for at least six weeks.

Nigeria midfielder Ogenyi Onazi has accepted an apology from France midfielder Blaise Matuidi for the horror tackle in Monday’s Round of 16 World Cup match in Brazilia.

The Lazio midfielder, who was stretchered off after the shocking challenge and suffered a double fracture on his leg, said he has forgiven the Frenchman via his official twitter account.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxabQZvxyGI
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:15pm On Jul 08, 2014
omar22:

Now we should take the words of Maradona as Gospel
There was a possible intent to hurt Neymar by Zuniga and Fifa investigated it. Same with Suarez and Chiellini's case. All we are saying is that Fifa should stop the discrimination and do the same for Onazi. Leave all the other talks. Haba.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by omar22(m): 2:19pm On Jul 08, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: There was a possible intent to hurt Neymar by Zuniga and Fifa investigated it. Same with Suarez and Chiellini's case. All we are saying is that Fifa should stop the discrimination and do the same for Onazi. Leave all the other talks. Haba.

The ref dealt with Onazi case so FIFA cannot do anything about it, Naymar was a case of the whole of Brazil who cried foul but in the end FIFA threw it out, Suarez case the ref didnt see it thats why it went for a video review.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by abatically(m): 2:24pm On Jul 08, 2014
omar22:

The ref dealt with Onazi case so FIFA cannot do anything about it, Naymar was a case of the whole of Brazil who cried foul but in the end FIFA threw it out, Suarez case the ref didnt see it thats why it went for a video review.

Well said bro

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by abatically(m): 2:29pm On Jul 08, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: We are talking of a possible intentional leg break which Maradona described as worse than Suarez bite. Fifcvestigated a case Maradona considers lesser. So we are asking why are they not investigating Onazi's case and give him the treatment they gave Neymar and Chilliness.

When will u realize onazi's case is a normal thing that happens in every football match. Both players went for the ball, onazi was faster and got the ball first, matuidi missed. That is clearly non international. We are only making a case out if it because it happened to one of ours. Even Mikel said it himself that yellow card was right. Its a 50/50. Some refs will give red while some won't. If FIFA are to investigate all such challenge then they will be too busy with silly investigations than concentrate on the game. Why is FIFA not investigating song's silly challenge on the Croatian player?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Super Eagles Qualify For AFCON 2022 / John Fashanu Romances Rachel Bakam!!! / PSG Fans boo own players. focusing especially on Messi and Neymar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.