Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

Our People Are So Bush And Uncultured...... Picture included - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Our People Are So Bush And Uncultured...... Picture included (11674 Views)

Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease / Studies Show That Black People Are Genetically Programmed To Be Slaves! / Do You Seriously Think Black People Are Equal To White People In Intelligence? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Go Down)

Re: Our People Are So Bush And Uncultured...... Picture included by armyofone(m): 8:12pm On Jul 08, 2014
Curiosity carry me reach there. Saw a nice flat. My size has only one leg. Walked around and left without buying anything.

Babymama1:

I have never bought shoes there but decorations,bedsheets,towels,bathroom mats,suitcases,pants and bras wink
They are the best at a good price too
Re: Our People Are So Bush And Uncultured...... Picture included by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 08, 2014
Ross is a good store to take vacationers to
But all Ross's are not equal
I found out the ones closer to malls have better selections
My husband's cousin swears by Ross
She will buy suits for 29.99 and make a killing in Naija selling them
Good stuff o
Re: Our People Are So Bush And Uncultured...... Picture included by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jul 08, 2014
Babymama1:

Read my other post above about the airport experience
That is one action but similar actions abound where Nigerians are concerned in anything you can think of
Our people lack simple mannerisms and etiquette,generally speaking and you know that is true,why you pretend it ain't so beats me

if my thread offends you,that is my opinion,I don't know how to color stuff

I repeat,our people are bush and uncultured

That is the reason Seun Osewa changed my name from baby mama to babymama1 without my express consent or approval
That is the way he is treated by his country men and it is what he knows

If he lived here in the USA and learned simple courtesy,he wouldn't dare do such a thing to anyone let alone the people that give him his daily bread.

Good to know 'your people' are all bush and uncultured, as for me, seeing 1, 2, or a thousand Nigerians misbehave, will never make me term mine --family and all-- as bush and uncultured. And for Christ's sakes, I have parents, lovely siblings who are Nigerians, so, if every other reason fails, for that alone, I wouldnt speak with a loose tongue.

And no, it's not pretense; it's just me being averse to generalizations. Whenever I encounter such generalizations, what ever's being said stops making sense to me. The words: 'Average', 'Typical' and 'most' are qualifying words I've learnt to use. You may want to do same too. Hoping you get a Doctor soon to drain out the 'bushness' in your blood soon, cos going by your generalizations, you arnt excluded-- you are one bush woman!

Thanks.

18 Likes

Re: Our People Are So Bush And Uncultured...... Picture included by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 08, 2014
armyofone: Curiosity carry me reach there. Saw a nice flat. My size has only one leg. Walked around and left without buying anything.

When you and oga move into your house,go to Ross for your beddings and towels and photo frames
They have some good stuff
Nautica and tommy and other brand names for less
Even pots and pans,cutlery sets
Durable,
I have pedestal stools I placed my plants on from Ross
Very nicely polished stools I have had for years

I saw a bed end bench yesterday, that would look nice in my bedroom ,so beautiful,original price was $250 they had it for $109
Accent chairs about same price each
Make una do donations make I get am

They are good for things like that
Clothing,you have to sort through so much to see what you like but they do have some skirt suits if u are a skirt suit person
But they also have good packet shirts for men and socks

Those are the items I get from Ross
Re: Our People Are So Bush And Uncultured...... Picture included by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jul 08, 2014
Ezeed:

Good to know 'your people' are all bush and uncultured, as for me, seeing 1, 2, or a thousand Nigerians misbehave, will never make me term mine --family and all-- as bush and uncultured. And for Christ's sakes, I have parents, lovely siblings who are Nigerians, so, if every other reason fails, for that alone, I wouldnt speak with a loose tongue.

And no, it's not pretense; it's just me being averse to generalizations. Whenever I encounter such generalizations, what ever's being said stops making sense to me. The words: 'Average', 'Typical' and 'most' are qualifying words I've learnt to use. You may want to do same too. Hoping you get a Doctor soon to drain out the 'bushness' in your blood soon, cos going by your generalizations, you arnt excluded-- you are one bush woman!

Thanks.

OK
Can we move on now?
Next!
Re: Our People Are So Bush And Uncultured...... Picture included by stunningjudy(f): 8:26pm On Jul 08, 2014
Ezeed: It's people like you that made the whites take us as slaves. Your people are so bush, but I bet the 'not-your-people' are just right! Still worshipping them much?

#I fail to understand why the average black looks upon another like a second class citizen! May we not sell ourselves into slavery again with this mentality.
U took d words outta my mouth.

3 Likes

Re: Our People Are So Bush And Uncultured...... Picture included by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 08, 2014
Babymama1:

OK
Can we move on now?
Next!

I was never with you to start with, so there's no question of moving on. And no, there is no 'we'.

11 Likes

Re: Our People Are So Bush And Uncultured...... Picture included by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 08, 2014
Then get the hell out of the thread
That was my original intent
I was just just being polite but you don't like politeness
Now do it

You are disgusted by a thread ,and it is now on the third page and you are still here crying
Gerrout I say

Or you can stay and take us to the next page

1 Like

Re: Our People Are So Bush And Uncultured...... Picture included by armyofone(m): 8:31pm On Jul 08, 2014
Thanks a bunch for the idea.
Will patiently check them out...one thing is having the patient.
Right now I'm looking at Ashley bedset for the whole nine yards.
I heard bed, bath and beyond is a great place for household stuff.
Will check Ross out and hope i meet some folks like you grin

Babymama1:
When you and oga move into your house,go to Ross for your beddings and towels and photo frames
They have some good stuff
Nautica and tommy and other brand names for less
Even pots and pans,cutlery sets
Durable,
I have pedestal stools I placed my plants on from Ross
Very nicely polished stools I have had for years
I saw a bed end bench yesterday, that would look nice in my bedroom ,so beautiful,original price was $250 they had it for $109
Accent chairs about same price each
Make una do donations make I get am
They are good for things like that
Clothing,you have to sort through so much to see what you like but they do have some skirt suits if u are a skirt suit person
But they also have good packet shirts for men and socks
Those are the items I get from Ross

1 Like

Re: Our People Are So Bush And Uncultured...... Picture included by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jul 08, 2014
armyofone: Thanks a bunch for the idea.

Ashley bed set
Hmm
Nne where do you live?
Ask the ladies wey don Tay for the place,there are stores that sell Ashley beds and other furniture for less but brand new
You need to know where to go
My dining,living room,bedroom and even book cases are Ashley but I didn't pay Ashley price for it.
The bargains will astound you
Not any fancy stores with show rooms to wow you
This one I went to is owned by a CHinese woman and it is just a warehouse but spectacular savings but they don't finance
You must pay cash or debit card and she even waved the taxes
Re: Our People Are So Bush And Uncultured...... Picture included by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 08, 2014
stunningjudy:
U took d words outta my mouth.

You know, I just saw where she said, if Seu/n had been raised in the US, he would have had some manners. That implies that one who was brought up here has no chance of learning some, and that the hallowed USA is the school when it comes to becoming a cultured being.

I'm sure she didnt know when she let that slip...yet, she's trying to fool us to believe this thread is about a woman who tried out her clothes in the wrong place. Those who get the 'drift' know what she is actually on about.

Ahhh, I refuse to be tricked by smokescreens.

15 Likes

Re: Our People Are So Bush And Uncultured...... Picture included by BABE3: 8:38pm On Jul 08, 2014
armyofone: Thanks a bunch for the idea.

Yeah baby mama is right. You'd never know Ross pack good deals on household stuffs; usually at the back of the store so you won't really notice. grin
Did some interior decorating for my apt some months back; I got everything from Ross.

BBB too isn't bad.

1 Like

Re: Our People Are So Bush And Uncultured...... Picture included by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jul 08, 2014
Babymama1: Then get the hell out of the thread
That was my original intent
I was just just being polite but you don't like politeness
Now do it

You are disgusted by a thread ,and it is now on the third page and you are still here crying
Gerrout I say

Or you can stay and take us to the next page

Lol

4 Likes

Re: Our People Are So Bush And Uncultured...... Picture included by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jul 08, 2014
BABE3:

Yeah baby mama is right. You'd never know Ross pack good deals on household stuffs; usually at the back of the store so you won't really notice. grin
Did some interior decorating for my apt some months back; I got everything from Ross.

BBB too isn't bad.

So you sabi too?
People come and check their clothes as they walk in
I don't care about their clothes
The things they have at the back are much better
I have a decor in my office that everyone here admires
Got it from Ross
Let me post it now
Re: Our People Are So Bush And Uncultured...... Picture included by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 08, 2014
The one in the middle only 9.99

But they all came from Ross
And everyone of my colleagues who has been in my office admires it

Pix modified
Re: Our People Are So Bush And Uncultured...... Picture included by BABE3: 8:44pm On Jul 08, 2014
Babymama1: The one in the middle only 9.99

Same here. A smaller vase at Bed, bath and beyond will go for 30 bucks.
Re: Our People Are So Bush And Uncultured...... Picture included by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jul 08, 2014
BABE3:

Same here. A smaller vase at Bed, bath and beyond will go for 30 bucks.

I am a veteran at saving money,I have kids
I have done BB and B and went right back to Ross

It's like when I had my first baby,all the clothes and toys were kids and babies r us and all the Oshkosh b gosh and diapers were pampers
By the subsequent babies Nne,I discovered that luvs diapers are just as good and cheaper sef and I changed gear
Never stepped into kids r us and the rest again except with gift cards people gave me
Target and Kohls sell kids clothes at good prices
No be only 4 months,highest 6 and the kids can't wear them again
Why throw money away

Infact my last born ,I migrated down to walmart jeans grin grin
They get holes on the knees easily but they only cost $11.99 or $9.99
Re: Our People Are So Bush And Uncultured...... Picture included by stunningjudy(f): 8:52pm On Jul 08, 2014
Ezeed:

You know, I just saw where she said, if Seu/n had been raised in the US, he would have had some manners. That implies that one who was brought up here has no chance of learning some, and that the hallowed USA is the school when it comes to becoming a cultured being.

I'm sure she didnt know when she let that slip...yet, she's trying to fool us to believe this thread is about a woman who tried out her clothes in the wrong place. Those who get the 'drift' know what she is actually on about.

Ahhh, I refuse to be tricked by smokescreens.
Different people with different mentality, trying to act like they know it all and have seen it all.

1 Like

Re: Our People Are So Bush And Uncultured...... Picture included by cococandy(f): 8:52pm On Jul 08, 2014
That's a very beautiful piece in the middle.
Babymama1: The one in the middle only 9.99

1 Like

Re: Our People Are So Bush And Uncultured...... Picture included by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 08, 2014
cococandy: That's a very beautiful piece in the middle.

I went there looking for something similar but much bigger and about three preferably tan colored but of different shapes
Our house has some cut out shelves way high up that needs some things like that put up
It will be tough to get that on a ladder but I need to get them first.

Any suggestions of where I could go?
Re: Our People Are So Bush And Uncultured...... Picture included by cococandy(f): 9:02pm On Jul 08, 2014
I don't live in America. grin
Babymama1:

I went there looking for something similar but much bigger and about three preferably tan colored but of different shapes
Our house has some cut out shelves way high up that needs some things like that put up
It will be tough to get that on a ladder but I need to get them first.

Any suggestions of where I could go?

1 Like

Re: Our People Are So Bush And Uncultured...... Picture included by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 08, 2014
This one came from Naija
I need more of it

1 Like

Re: Our People Are So Bush And Uncultured...... Picture included by cococandy(f): 9:06pm On Jul 08, 2014
No idea either.

Anytime you come home you check for it.
Or do you want to buy from stores that can send it to you over there?

1 Like

Re: Our People Are So Bush And Uncultured...... Picture included by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jul 08, 2014
cococandy: No idea either.

Anytime you come home you check for it.
Or do you want to buy from stores that can't send it to you over there?

Will be home soon and hoping to buy some there

1 Like

Re: Our People Are So Bush And Uncultured...... Picture included by cococandy(f): 11:34pm On Jul 08, 2014
That's nice.
Buy puff puff for me when coming grin
Babymama1:

Will be home soon and hoping to buy some there

1 Like

Re: Our People Are So Bush And Uncultured...... Picture included by armyofone(m): 12:40am On Jul 09, 2014
Thank you Osisi and Babe3.
Still looking and yet to make up my mind.
I no want bed wey go broke and we go land for ground or mattress wey go make noise grin
Going tempur grin or memory matress...expensive but i think it will worth it.

cococandy: That's nice.
Buy puff puff for me when coming grin

Ask for Dunkin donuts or krispy kreme. that thing dey melt for mouth.
Go meet her for airport grin
Re: Our People Are So Bush And Uncultured...... Picture included by Nobody: 1:00am On Jul 09, 2014
armyofone: Thank you Osisi and Babe3.
I no want bed wey go broke and we go land for ground or mattress wey go make noise grin

So you remember my bed story
So keep away from the room store furniture abi room furniture
They are cheap

My new Ashley bed is fortified with iron
No amount of ikwokirikwo can take it down grin grin
I laid on it in the store and moved around to make sure it didn't shake chikim
I need a very sturdy bed grin grin
Re: Our People Are So Bush And Uncultured...... Picture included by mstik(f): 1:05am On Jul 09, 2014
Amen, sista!
Ezeed: It's people like you that made the whites take us as slaves. Your people are so bush, but I bet the 'not-your-people' are just right! Still worshipping them much?

#I fail to understand why the average black looks upon another like a second class citizen! May we not sell ourselves into slavery again with this mentality.

1 Like

Re: Our People Are So Bush And Uncultured...... Picture included by soulglo: 6:23am On Jul 09, 2014
Sigh undecided
Re: Our People Are So Bush And Uncultured...... Picture included by Truckpusher(m): 6:50am On Jul 09, 2014
Babymama1:

That truck you push seems to be pushing you
You are taking this personal and I wonder why
Bush man
Go cure your inferiority complex somewhere,it seems to ooze off your posts
Nobody is stopping you from migrating to the USA since that seems to be your beef
A woman shouldn't be trying clothes on a store showroom whether in NIgeria or Australia
A Jacket I can understand but to unzip a pair of shorts and pull them over your on clothing in full glare and talking like a market woman attracting attention is stoopid
Then to hold a store hostage while she decides on what to select is moronic
Time is money, obviously a concept alien to you in Nigeria
you make up your mind then you go the counter to pay ,you don't have a cashier ring up 45 items and then ask her to void them all so you check each price and decide how much you have and what you can afford
If your wife does that,tell her I said she needs a finishing school
It is plain nasty
Did I hit a nerve? grin

2 Likes

Re: Our People Are So Bush And Uncultured...... Picture included by Nobody: 8:06am On Jul 09, 2014
Babymama1:

Honestly speaking
They were at the check out next to me when they commanded the cashier to cancel everything and start all over so she can comot some things.
I got done,went back to look at some decorations,came back about half and hour later and these people are still there
The line was long,I had to leave the decoration,I couldn't wait
Their two precocious kids running amok, pushing each other in the carts and almost bumping into shoppers
One very OMATA -ish man that must be her husband is standing on an aisle sending and receiving pings and laughing like a jackass.
Maybe connecting ashawo sef while his mgbeke wife is holding a store hostage

Who gave these people visas for heaven's sake?

Babymama1 why are you so mean and pained?

3 Likes

Re: Our People Are So Bush And Uncultured...... Picture included by cococandy(f): 8:56am On Jul 09, 2014
Ok smiley
Babymama1 you've heard armyofone. Buy me krispy creme when coming back grin
armyofone: Thank you Osisi and Babe3.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

That Game ''AYO''! / Do I Look Like A Certain Tribe? / Traditional Requirements For Calabar Girls.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.