Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,584 members, 7,958,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 02:24 AM

Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US (34214 Views)

Federal High Court Judge Overrules Supreme Court over Sacked Anambra Lawmakers. / National Assembly Management Asks Lawmakers To Vacate Offices Today / Buhari's Ministers,Lawmakers To Get N9bn Housing,furniture Allowance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US by dasoul(m): 10:10am On Jul 10, 2014
“I just want to say to all the members of Congress
you’ve been working hard. I wish I could give you all
trips to Hawaii but I figured that given our budget
crunch we can’t do that, but we’d bring Hawaii to
you.” Obama. Think about this and compare it with what a Nigerian politician would have done. does it mean that America is having more financial problem than Nigeria that it can even afford to move its law makers (real lawmakers) around within its territory (Hawaii)
Re: Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US by OneNaira6: 7:37pm On Jul 12, 2014
odinma1:

You are clearly deluded young man.

I am Ugochuckwu from Anambra State, if you cannot see the difference between orlando Owo and I, then you have a lot to learn in life.

Anambra Adigo Mma

Can someone tell this pathetic, ediotic, low self esteem, schizophrenic slowpoke with multiple IDs not to quote me again with out his real ID.

Stupid clown. You're not even shamed of yourself. Like I told you before, do us all a favor and end that your miserable life. You're an epidemic disease waiting to happen

2 Likes

Re: Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US by ChinoElects: 8:56pm On Jul 12, 2014
One of the 3 Awka flyovers. This is the design of the one at Kwata junction!

1 Like

Re: Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US by ChinoElects: 9:15pm On Jul 12, 2014
Reconstruction and remodeling of the Amansea-Amawbia dual carriageway with 3 flyover bridges in Awka..

Willie is working..

3 Likes

Re: Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US by Cuche: 9:30pm On Jul 12, 2014
ChinoElects: One of the 3 Awka flyovers. This is the design of the one at Kwata junction!
This IDC consultants are getting plenty jobs in Anambra, I hope it does not belong to Mr. Obi whom we all know is synonymous with cutting corners in terms of quality of project- executions
Re: Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US by ChinoElects: 9:32pm On Jul 12, 2014
I am not sure if it belongs to Obi but they are doing cutting edge and state of the art projects in Anambra!

Cuche: This IDC consultants are getting plenty jobs in Anambra, I hope it does not belong to Mr. Obi whom we all know is synonymous with cutting corners in terms of quality of project- executions

1 Like

Re: Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US by Cuche: 9:33pm On Jul 12, 2014
I believe Obiano will deliver on his promises because he comes across as a bridge builder, desirous of genuine followership. Not long ago he called for a sub -reconciliatory meeting of Anambra stakeholders pleading for brotherhood. Also during the elections, he had pleaded with a youth who cited that Obi did nothing for the youths throughout his tenure as his reason for not rooting for Apga, on twitter and subsequently he promised to look into the welfare of the youths. And true to that, all is set for the creation of database for unemployed youths in the State.

2 Likes

Re: Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US by cjrane: 9:52pm On Jul 12, 2014
Kudos to Obiano,
Looks like the IDC new flyover in Awka will resemble the Nkpor flyover rather than the Upper Iweka flyover.
It is going to be built parallel to the Expressway to enable those moving from Enugu to Onitsha to use it in flying over Kwata junction. Unlike the Upper Iweka flyover,that flies over the Express. Either way, one hopes they do a high quality aesthetically pleasing job.
Lets watch and see.

2 Likes

Re: Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US by Nnewi1stSon: 2:38am On Jul 13, 2014
Wow, Chino i'm really impressed @ the pace of work there, Unizik junction which used to be the worst part of Awka is receiving a facelift... I hope i'll be able to come to awka before i leave in sept... sad. Btw where's ''Kwata''? I know Aroma and Amawbia, buh ''Kwata''

2 Likes

Re: Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US by ChinoElects: 7:16am On Jul 13, 2014
Kwata is that junction by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! Its also that junction opposite Iyi-Agu estates leading to Queensuites..

Nnewi1stSon: Wow, Chino i'm really impressed @ the pace of work there, Unizik junction which used to be the worst part of Awka is receiving a facelift... I hope i'll be able to come to awka before i leave in sept... sad. Btw where's ''Kwata''? I know Aroma and Amawbia, buh ''Kwata''

1 Like

Re: Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US by ChinoElects: 7:30am On Jul 13, 2014
Management of Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (COOU) Anambra has sponsored fifty lecturers from various departments on series of workshops and seminars abroad.

The benefiting lecturers are to acquire new skills and knowledge in a bid to fortify them intellectually. Countries they are expected to visit include Britain, Asian countries, Caribbean, China, Cuba and Finland.

This was revealed by the Vice Chancellor of the University, Professor Fidelis Okafor on Saturday in Akili-Ozuzor, Ogbaru local government area of Anambra state who said that the idea was to expose lecturers to international program to embrace knowledge and skills.

He said that the university had in the past signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with some foreign universities on exchange program and added that such agreement is now yielding positive results.

On the pun city of research activities in some Nigerian universities, he attributed it to lack of funding and revealed that Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University is already breaking new grounds in research activities.

He however promised that he will continue to utilize available resources to its optimal value, despite challenges in funding which is the major problems against the universities in the country.

http://tribune.com.ng/news/news-headlines/item/10480-anambra-varsity-sponsors-50-lecturers-abroad

2 Likes

Re: Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US by Nnewi1stSon: 7:30am On Jul 13, 2014
ChinoElects: Kwata is that junction by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! Its also that junction opposite Iyi-Agu estates leading to Queensuites..

Owk, i think i know that place, i got my int'l passport @ that Immigration office there. All good, Anambra adigo nma cool

3 Likes

Re: Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US by odinma1: 9:31am On Jul 13, 2014
OneNaira6:

Can someone tell this pathetic, ediotic, low self esteem, schizophrenic slowpoke with multiple IDs not to quote me again with out his real ID.

Stupid clown. You're not even shamed of yourself. Like I told you before, do us all a favor and end that your miserable life. You're an epidemic disease waiting to happen

Spoken like a true Igbo man. No substance,just abuses and incoherent garbage.

Funny that u say i should not quote u when u were the first person to mention my moniker. You are a deluded man. An hungry man is an angry man, go and find something to eat bingo

Anambra Adigo Mma cool
Re: Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US by OdenigboAroli(m): 9:46am On Jul 13, 2014
ChinoElects: Management of Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (COOU) Anambra has sponsored fifty lecturers from various departments on series of workshops and seminars abroad.

The benefiting lecturers are to acquire new skills and knowledge in a bid to fortify them intellectually. Countries they are expected to visit include Britain, Asian countries, Caribbean, China, Cuba and Finland.

This was revealed by the Vice Chancellor of the University, Professor Fidelis Okafor on Saturday in Akili-Ozuzor, Ogbaru local government area of Anambra state who said that the idea was to expose lecturers to international program to embrace knowledge and skills.

He said that the university had in the past signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with some foreign universities on exchange program and added that such agreement is now yielding positive results.

On the pun city of research activities in some Nigerian universities, he attributed it to lack of funding and revealed that Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University is already breaking new grounds in research activities.

He however promised that he will continue to utilize available resources to its optimal value, despite challenges in funding which is the major problems against the universities in the country.

http://tribune.com.ng/news/news-headlines/item/10480-anambra-varsity-sponsors-50-lecturers-abroad

This is the kind of news that gladdens my heart.

3 Likes

Re: Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US by FreeGlobe(f): 1:44pm On Jul 13, 2014
nice one from obiano. I see he has good intentions for the state. When we say peter obi did nothing in 8 years, people can now see what I mean with less than 1 year of obiano. Best believe if he continues like this and also increase the salaries of civil servants as he promised, he would definitely eclipse the popularity of Ngige in the state. Anambra people like performers
Re: Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US by ChinoElects: 1:51pm On Jul 13, 2014
Nwanne kedu ije? Our new governor is yet another technocrat! As for Obi he has taken care of all our rural roads, health, education and kick-started industrialization etc. Obiano is now taking on the major urban infrastructures as designed by the UN-Habitat which was drawn up by Obi.

Government is a continuum, the good thing is that we have a government that believes in continuing with the existing projects and initiating new ones. It can only get better!

Below is one of such rural roads did by Peter Obi. This particular road is in Nimo. That was the same way all the communities benefited both on infrastructure, school structures, school buses, libraries, health centers etc..

Anambra adigo mma!

FreeGlobe: nice one from obiano. I see he has good intentions for the state. When we say peter obi did nothing in 8 years, people can now see what I mean with less than 1 year of obiano. Best believe if he continues like this and also increase the salaries of civil servants as he promised, he would definitely eclipse the popularity of Ngige in the state. Anambra people like performers

5 Likes

Re: Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US by OneNaira6: 7:07pm On Jul 13, 2014
odinma1:

Sp oken like a true Igbo man. No substance,just abuses and incoherent garbage.

Funny that u say i should not quote u when u were the first person to mention my moniker. You a deluded man. An hungry man is an angry man, go and find something to eat bingo

Anambra Adigo Mma cool

Spoken like a cowardly Yoruba monkey. I mention your handle cause you were here running your cowardly illiterate mouth like always, yes YOUR Orlando owoh Id. Like as if anyone doesnt know this id equally belongs to you ORLANDO OWOH. You make very freaking obvious dumbass. Then again, with braincells as low as yours I'm not surprised you still think you are following anyone despite the fact you gave yourself away multiple times. Ediotic fool. Anyway, when you get the balls you can log back to your orlando owoh and speak if you got some sh1t to say instead if cowardly hiding yourself like a pathetic waste excuse of a man. Pathetic!!!! A grownass man acting like a bitch on a freaking anonymous forum. They need to cut off your d1ck and give it to a dog to eat. We all can see you're nothing but a damn diseased pussy

1 Like

Re: Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US by cjrane: 8:10pm On Jul 13, 2014
ChinoElects: Nwanne kedu ije? Our new governor is yet another technocrat! As for Obi he has taken care of all our rural roads, health, education and kick-started industrialization etc. Obiano is now taking on the major urban infrastructures as designed by the UN-Habitat which was drawn up by Obi.

Government is a continuum, the good thing is that we have a government that believes in continuing with the existing projects and initiating new ones. It can only get better!

Below is one of such rural roads did by Peter Obi. This particular road is in Nimo. That was the same way all the communities benefited both on infrastructure, school structures, school buses, libraries, health centers etc..

Anambra adigo mma!

Sweet road !!! It still needs road markings though...
One thing that I am happy has been finally imbibed in the SE road construction,especially by Peter Obi's roads is the provision of ;

good drainage gutters on both ends of the road and tarring the roads from the gutter on the left side to the gutter on the right side!

This ensures that water soaked road shoulder, which is the usual first step in the road's breakdown, does not exist anymore in the SE.By preventing this phenomenon from occurring, the road is guaranteed to last for more than 10 years before they break down. Without gutter to gutter tarring, the heavy rainfall and clay like laterite used to build roads will make them break down in less than 6 months after they encounter a typical rainy season.

1 Like

Re: Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US by backtosender: 11:06pm On Jul 13, 2014
You can make Anambra greater, take care of your environment and educate your neighbors to do same. We have no other home but Anambra. Have a lovely week....

5 Likes

Re: Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jul 13, 2014
backtosender: You can make Anambra greater, take care of your environment and educate your neighbors to do same. We have no other home but Anambra. Have a lovely week....

Obiano is essentially branding his image as the government of Anambra. This may be alright for now, but as an ideological entity, I believe the government needs to brand itself and show that, it, not Obiano, is working; to promote the trust, respect and obedience that comes with a fuctioning government. This is the reason why I want the state emblems to be finalised as quickly as possible so that they can go up on billboards such as this one, rather than Obiano's face. Similar to what they have in Cross rivers, Rivers and Lagos state.

1 Like

Re: Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US by ChinoElects: 9:44am On Jul 15, 2014
Reporter, Onitsha

Women of Anambra State living in the United States of America under the aegis of Anambra State Association of Women in the United States of America (ASA-Women USA) have announced their intention to build a world class cancer centre in Awka.

During a dinner organized by the Anambra State government for them, their President, Dr. Uche Umeh, said they would partner with investors to fund the project as part of comprehensive plan to tackle the challenge of cancer and bring relief to sufferes.

Umeh also called for the calibration of the mammography machines at Amaku Teaching Hospital, Awka, and Onitsha General hospitals to facilitate easy screening of breast cancer.

According to her, during the just completed medical mission the group had visited seven towns and about 5,000 patients benefitted from their free medical services which she said focused on cancer screening, surgery and enlightenment to educate people on preventive measures, adding that women with lumps were taken to hospital for surgery.

In his speech, Governor Obiano praised the team and urged others to emulate it and channel their resources back to the state to identify with the new development articulated to launch the state on course of sustainable development.

Obiano explained that the unrelenting onslaught against criminals had created a conducive and enabling environment for investments and businesses to flourish.

He assured that the tempo of crime fighting would continue to increase throughout the life span of his administration.Meanwhile, the ASA Women USA last week opened a Women’s Health summit to educate women on cancer. The lead speaker, Professor Ifeoma Okoye, chair of Radiography Department of University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, Enugu, urged women to wake up and face the challenge of cancer instead of wallowing in superstition and fear.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2014/07/anambra-women-u-s-build-cancer-centre/

1 Like

Re: Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US by chinolization: 7:38am On Jul 22, 2014
In furtherance of his promise at inauguration to work aggressively to address the challenges of power supply in the three industrial hubs of Onitsha, Nnewi and Awka so as to generate enough electricity to power the entrepreneurial dreams of the people, Anambra State Governor, Chief Willie Obiano has inaugurated the State Power and Electricity Committee. The Seven man Committee which was inaugurated over the weekend at Governor’s Lodge in Amawbia, Anambra State is Chaired by the leader of Distributing Power Business of General Electric Company for the Sub-Sahara Africa Mr. Chike Okonkwo. Other members of the Committee are Alex Amakom, Joe Ndiagwalukwe, the Commissioner for Public Utilities, Chief Chinedu Emeka, Mr. Yeye Adejegba, Obiora Nwizu, and Mr. Kingsley Aja.

Speaking at the brief ceremony, Governor Obiano charged the seven-man Committee among others things, “to provide an accurate estimate of current power supply, consumption and projected demand in the State across various consumer groups and recommend suitable power generation and supply solution, taking into consideration, Anambra State’s climate, environment, landscape, and scale of development.” He told the team to recommend short and medium term implementation solution to achieve 100 percent power generation and supply across to industrial clusters and commercial markets in the State within nine months, and to liaise with EEDC to ensure enough power generation and supply across all urban residential centres.

Furthermore, Obiano enjoined the team to recommend potential investors and partners who shall implement the set objectives under Build-Operate-and Transfer (BOT) basis as well as develop a comprehensive understanding of the Nigerian Gas Master Plan, particularly as it relates to the State and recommend suitable and strategic locations to site new industrial parks, clusters and economic free trade zones in the state. The Governor also directed the Committee to power street lights in Onitsha and Awka within 18 months, and ensure regular lighting across major roads in Onitsha, Nnewi and Awka within six months.

Responding on behalf of others, the Chairman, Mr. Okonkwo while thanking the governor for the opportunity to serve noted that improved power supply was imperative for improved revenue generation. Okonkwo assured that the team would put in their best to meet the expectations of the government and the people. The Committee would serve for 18 months in the first instance which is renewable subject to satisfactory performance and approval of the governor.
In the same vein, Governor Willie Obiano inaugurated the Technical Committee on the State Building Materials Testing Laboratory with Mr. Hypolite Onyekwena as Chairman and Mr. B.O. Okafor as Secretary.

Also speaking while inaugurating the 9-man Technical Committee of the State Building Materials Testing Laboratory Awka, Obiano said the team’s terms of reference include to advise the State Government on National and State policies on standard, specification and quality control on building and civil engineering materials, and designate, establish and approve standards in respect of building and construction materials as well as provide necessary measures for quality control in conformity with Standards Organization of Nigeria Act.

He also charged them to determine the overall policy of the laboratory with particular reference to financial, operational and administrative programme of the laboratory and the Committee and its execution, and enjoined them to also comply with directives from the Commissioner for Works on its various functions. Obiano urged them to carry out their assignment diligently to assist government to combat the challenges of incessant building collapse in the best interest of the State and the country.
In a vote of thanks, the Chairman of the Committee, Dr. Onyekwere assured that his team would use their wealth of experience to deliver on their mandate.
The Committee will serve for a period of two years in the first instance which is renewable subject to satisfactory performance and approval of the governor.

http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/news/153348/1/governor-obiano-moves-to-tackle-power.html
Re: Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 29, 2014
Good
DIVINE78: yoruba isn't a tribe but a disgrace.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Jonathan, PDP Governors Meet Punch / Faulks Road In Aba After Rain Today (photos) / Dayo Adeyeye Appointed As PDP Spokesman (pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.