Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,932 members, 7,817,722 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US (34001 Views)

Federal High Court Judge Overrules Supreme Court over Sacked Anambra Lawmakers. / National Assembly Management Asks Lawmakers To Vacate Offices Today / Buhari's Ministers,Lawmakers To Get N9bn Housing,furniture Allowance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US by amadice(m): 10:36pm On Jul 08, 2014
lakhadimar: Dont be suprised. Most of them actually reside in Lagos whilst their useless leaders keep robbing them blind over there in the SE

They'l always blame Tinubu, Fashola, Aregbeshola etc for their own worthless ibo leaders profligacy. It sucks to be ibos

Igbos are loosers !
....bia oyen ofe nma nu. Woe bitide u, ur family, ur generation yet on born and where ever d fvck ur from....look if i see u face 2 face i wont mind riping ur head off......#b.a.s.t.a.r.d

1 Like

Re: Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US by SweetyZinta(f): 10:40pm On Jul 08, 2014
Fear God mr Governor. D same funds you are wasting is what we need 2 revive the Health Sector 4 d betterment of d masses eventhough you people don't give a damn about us!!!
Re: Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:48pm On Jul 08, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Warn her. I hate getting even with girls. I hate it because I have some that I so much respect.

Respect is reciprocal.....Do the needful .

1 Like

Re: Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US by hushmail: 11:02pm On Jul 08, 2014
shachris: anambra people do not know what they have done to themselves. obaino would be worse than TA orji.

back to sender IJN grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US by idumuose(m): 11:11pm On Jul 08, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Warn her. I hate getting even with girls. I hate it because I have some that I so much respect.
Eyaa!see the way they are trampling upon you and using you like a rag and ar.se wipe.Like a stray D.og

You wandered aimlessly to the wrong place.The worst insults have been heaped on you and i hope you will

Survive it. You are a renegade here.And if i were you i will go and have a shower and retire to bed.

3 Likes

Re: Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US by Yeske2(m): 11:13pm On Jul 08, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
N'ime otu gi nke ne shishi ka ha landri.
Speak Igbo if you wish Please and not this swahili or Whatever you call this.

3 Likes

Re: Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US by felix281(m): 11:21pm On Jul 08, 2014
lakhadimar: Osu ibo
fvck you and your fvcking ndibo relatives.
Nairaland is owned bt Oluwaseun Osewa, a yoruba man. Go to Biafraland. Fvck you !
dick head!! Go and read ur animal farm.

1 Like

Re: Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US by Nobody: 12:06am On Jul 09, 2014
[size=15pt]Waste of money[/size].
Re: Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US by okotv(m): 12:17am On Jul 09, 2014
strangest:

Yes you are right but its not all easy as it sounds... Bringing our people to them, will let them understand that we need them here...we are working on it...
..it also is not easy to take them there for a week though...remember these is nigeria were almost everything is upside down...that just doesn't augur well with me...i hope for the best anyways

1 Like

Re: Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US by samplegirl(f): 12:25am On Jul 09, 2014
abu12:

I just want to give u something to deal with because Ur hatred for north and muslim is too much, by the way am not ibrahim. Ur leader are using tax payer money to enjoy them self and u are here insulting northern, what our leader did then is happen in ur area now

Your kinsmen have ruled this country more than any other zone yet your zone remain most under-developed even with the money stolen from the treasury. Your zone has the highest per cent of stark illiterate, highest number of physically challenged because your so called leaders refused to approve immunization of all sorts. Maybe you don't know that Anambra state came first in recent waec and neco exams.

Thank God you said they are using the money to enjoy themselves but your own leaders are using your tax payers money to train boko haram criminals. Instead of looking for a way to solve the menace your leaders have created for your unborn children, you are there posting nonsense.

Which northern state can measure with that Anambra state in education? Your write up did say a lot about you anyway. Find your way to the grazing field before your cattle will start missing.

1 Like

Re: Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US by samplegirl(f): 12:29am On Jul 09, 2014
shachris: anambra people do not know what they have done to themselves. obaino would be worse than TA orji.

Thank you PROPHET but leave them alone!

2 Likes

Re: Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US by Nobody: 2:43am On Jul 09, 2014
I find this rather funny. .he's a learner compared to owelle who travelled with 171 political appointees
Re: Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:52am On Jul 09, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Respect is reciprocal.....Do the needful .
Do you think at all before making posts? What is wrong in asking where they were airlifted? Why must her response be "amu"? If you don't know to say shut you mouth in order not to be caught in the cross fire.
Re: Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:54am On Jul 09, 2014
MrT2011:

Owo!!! I mean repent from hate and jealous of the great Igbo before it inflicts you with Retribution.

Practise what you preach. If you do, your life-style, not you preaching, could "change" me.
Re: Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:56am On Jul 09, 2014
idumuose:
Eyaa!see the way they are trampling upon you and using you like a rag and ar.se wipe.Like a stray D.og

You wandered aimlessly to the wrong place.The worst insults have been heaped on you and i hope you will

Survive it. You are a renegade here.And if i were you i will go and have a shower and retire to bed.
Nonsense.
Re: Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US by Manazz(m): 4:38am On Jul 09, 2014
OkijaAmaka: [size=18pt]Sorry nobody loves tribalistic bigots and terrorists...i have many Yorubas who happened to be muslims; many of them for crying out loud, we argue, we disagree to agree but non of them have ever threatened me with a dagger or used foul words on me, no wonder you clowns call them inferior Muslims because they are not in the leagues of throat slicing Gambarinistans.[/size]

Lmao! i don't even know what exactly is so offensive in what he wrote that you felt the need (more like desire i guess :/) to write all that rubbish.

You are calling him (and the whole Hausa tribe i guess) Bigots and terrorists for what reason ? i don't know. But the point is he is right about you and a very large percent of your pathetic Igbo brothers having some sort of hatred for Muslims and Hausa's as you've just shown along with the rest of your Igbo brothers that liked your comment.

Anyway its not like anyone's bothered by your pathetic opinions so carry on.
Re: Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US by abbakacici: 4:47am On Jul 09, 2014
Peppyluv: These yoruba people seem to have short term memory.

Was it not just 2years that one of the western gov's wife took all the wives of the law makers in her state to london for shopping but claimed they went for a training on how to be good wives!! A very daft reason!

Useless haters, just the name 'Igbo' will kill you tongue
and please can quote like ten yarubas on Nairaland defending what i think Ajimobi did, please there is different between loyalty to tribe and blind hatred. when Ramala of kaduna wanted to 5000 wheelbarrow, the hausa dont come here to defending him. Suswam of Benue State where primary school are now strike non one from middle belt is defending him, when other tribe are calling him names. the list goes on. please your gov is spending more atleast 200 million Naira in just a week.
assuming 2000-3000 usd for economy and 5000- 7000 for business class ticket to Washington.
hotel 500 to 1000 per night for average hotel
pocket money and travel expenses 500 per day: total will be 10000 usd to 20000 usd per lawmaker

1 Like

Re: Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US by gbishman: 8:23am On Jul 09, 2014
what are the legislating in America, do they ever legislators in other parts of the world licking the ass of their state governors. This simply a case of buying the hearts and minds of the lower house may they decide to impeach him thats all.
My advise to you obiano is for you to sit down, concentrate and o the job for which u were rigged into office gbam.
Re: Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 09, 2014
lakhadimar: Fool
I am not an Apc member.

Your one state party apuga, won only in anambra state, a state that has a lesser population than a local government in Lagos. Shame on you ibo 1diots

your governors are stealing you blind while you m.therf.ckers are all running to Lagos. Fools !

eggheader. is dat u?
Re: Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US by Profkomolafe(m): 10:34am On Jul 09, 2014
You guyz r receiving wat u bargained for. . . We told u 2 vote in #chrisNgige u said u want OBA*INO, meaning king of fire. By d tym he z tru wit u guys, una go knw wtin dy XUP
Re: Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US by Chino72: 10:40am On Jul 09, 2014
Profkomolafe: You guyz r receiving wat u bargained for. . . We told u 2 vote in #chrisNgige u said u want OBA*INO, meaning king of fire. By d tym he z tru wit u guys, una go knw wtin dy XUP

You mean you wanted us to vote Tinibu(Ngige)? grin

Of course we are getting what we bargained good governance within just 100days in office!

The hoped-for interview session with the state chief executive followed closely on the heels of a quickly concluded buffet breakfast. The journalists, now huddled around the longish table, were ready to engage the governor, who had clocked his first 100 days in office the previous day, Tuesday, June 25. This Wednesday morning’s meeting was in the spirit of that landmark event and preceded his next appointment at the Women Development Centre in Awka.

Creating an enabling environment for development

That the governor had tackled some the state’s urgent challenges headlong was evident from the recent efforts to wrest the state from the stranglehold of armed robbers, drug barons, extortionists and kidnappers, among others. The hitherto notorious Upper Iweka part of Onitsha has been rendered much safer, thanks to the recent demolishing of the unsightly motor parks and the consequent flushing out of the miscreants who found a safe haven in them.

Attesting to the state’s improved security situation, the award-winning author Chimamanda Ngozi Adicie, in her address later that Wednesday at the Women Development Centre, said: “Most of us know how, for a long time, Onitsha has been a security nightmare. If you are travelling, you do NOT want to be in Upper Iweka after 6 pm because of the fear of armed robbers. But today, because of our new governor’s initiative, people in Onitsha no longer live in fear. True freedom is to be able to live without fear. A relative told me that you can drop your mobile phone on the ground in Upper Iweka and come back hours later and still see it there, which was NOT the case in the past. And which is one of the best ways to measure leadership – by the testimony of the ordinary people. My sincere hope is that, under the leadership of Governor Obiano, Anambra state will continue its journey of progress with strides that are wide and firm and sure.”

Upper Iweka has also shed its unflattering reputation as one of the most traffic-congested areas in the state. Gone is anarchy that welcomes travellers from the other side of the River Niger into the commercial city.
A joint security outfit – known as Operation Kpochapu – was thoughtfully put together by the governor for crime-fighting and prevention. This outfit was credited with the recent bold demolishing of houses known to have been owned by kidnappers in towns like Aguleri, Ihiala and Ogidi. In the state’s close-knit communities, quick ill-gotten wealth would be easily noticed. It is therefore easy to understand how the state security outfit could quickly hunt down armed robbers and illicit drug dealers.

During Governor Obiano’s first 100 days, this “necessary foundation for growth” has been laid for the state’s development. “In the area of security, we have reclaimed our cities and communities from kidnappers and armed robbers,” he revealed. “We have arrested 177 kidnappers out of which 97 are currently undergoing prosecution. We have destroyed their warehouses where they keep their victims and cut off their weapons supply lines and now, my beloved Ndi Anambra can sleep with both eyes closed.”
The governor has not only gone after the criminal elements in the state. He has also agreed with the Inspector General of Police to reassign most of the divisional police officers (DPOs) in the state, who have been tainted by their complicity with the outlaws.

That Governor Obiano is intent on making the state the cleanest in the federation is bolstered by his warning that he would penalise those caught flouting the environmental laws. His administration has thus far successfully tackled both domestic and industrial waste disposal.
Focus has remained his administration’s totem word. “In a football game, what you look at is the ball,” he told his guests. For his administration, the focus is the programme. Governor Obiano hopes to institutionalise some of the achievements of his predecessor, Peter Obi.

To this end, his administration has evolved what it calls the Four Pillars of Development. “The Four Pillars are the vehicle through which accelerated development will be delivered to Ndi Anambra.”
These pillars – namely, Agriculture, Industrialisation, Trade and Commerce as well as Oil and Gas– are in turn supported by what the governor calls “the Enablers”. These include security, education, health, the environment, social infrastructure, housing and urban development, tourism, youth and sports development, security and social welfare and administration and local government, among others.

Agriculture
In Agriculture, a revolution of sorts aimed at increasing food sufficiency and creating massive employment has been flagged off. For instance, estimated 80,000 metric tons of rice are currently being produced in the state, which consumed 320,000 metric tons. “In partnership with the Coscharis Group, we have commissioned the Coched Farms Project to produce 120,000 metric tons of rice per annum and generate 1000 jobs for our youths,” the governor revealed.

The Anaku-based farm project, which it is hoped would gulp N200 million, hopes to reduce the shortfall between the consumption and production rates. It also buoys the state government’s vision to become a net exporter of rice in two years.
Governor Obiano’s administration has lunged into a comprehensive mechanised agriculture, whose chain reaction, he hopes, would lead to the creation of more industries. To this end, a blueprint for this agricultural revolution focussed on cassava, corn and rice production, to be spearheaded by Professor Omaliko, has been mapped out. Farming co-operatives are also expected to support the production of these key crops.
The administration hopes through creating fish farms in all the local government areas of the state to make Anambra a net exporter of fish.

Road Construction
The construction of 14 new roads (totalling up to 167.494 kilometres) have been flagged off in the state. “We have also commenced the construction of three flyovers in Awka and one bridge that leads to the oilfields of Aguleri,” the governor said.
Also, a 10-year Industrial Development Plan has been rolled out by the administration to bolster the trade and commerce sector. The administration has commenced the development of new markets in Ogbunike, Oba, Awka and Umunze. It is expected that the proceeds from agriculture and oil and gas would find outlets through this sector.

Oil and Gas
For obvious reasons, the state wants to be numbered among Nigeria’s oil producing states. This would make it the 10th in the club. It would earn it the much-coveted place among the recipients of the Niger Delta Development Commission largesse. Improving the state’s revenue base would go a long way in giving the administration’s programme a terrific shot in the arm.
Mindful of this, the state government plans to support Orient Petroleum’s 60 barrels per day refinery, which on completion it is hoped would give foreign airlines the reason to stop over in Anambra State for the refuelling of their aircrafts.

Education and Health
In sectors like education and health, the government adopts similar three-pronged approaches. In education, the focus is on the development of infrastructure, students and teachers. The governor promised the upward review of the latter’s welfare packages as soon as the state’s revenue base improves. “ We have upwardly reviewed the staff salaries of Nwafor Orizu College of Education, Nsugbe and approved the payment of N10m to ensure the completion of the NUT House in Awka,” he disclosed in his speech later that day.

Similarly, in the health sector, the government is interested in the improvement of the infrastructure as well as the welfare of patients and healthcare professionals like doctors and nurses. Currently, there are 87 government doctors, most of whom would probably shun posting to remote rural communities. “ We have performed a number of highly successful free surgeries in Umueri General Hospital and established a Maternal and Child Health clinic in Nanka,” he told a gathering of Anambra citizens in the Women Development Centre Hall.

The state government also partners with missionary bodies to provide adequate infrastructures in the health sector. This is in keeping with the administration’s 4Cs concept, which comprises of continuing, completing, commissioning and commencing projects. So far, the frontline missionary hospitals at Adazi-Nnukwu, Ogidi, Ihiala, Onitsha, and Amichi are in stages of completion. Similar methods are also being in education and other core MDG interest sectors.

Other Projects
The state government is equally building a world class capital city. Besides the flagging off the construction of three flyovers and a three-Arms Zone in Awka, the administration has “set up the new Awka Capital Territory Development Board with a view to transforming Awka into a super-modern city that we shall all be proud of.”

Governor Obiano revealed that necessary steps have been taken to develop the historic Ogbunike Cave into a world-class tourist destination. Also included in the state government’s development vision are the Owelle-Ezukala Water Falls and the Agulu Lake Tourist Resort.

A appointed new managing director/CEOs has been appointed for the Anambra Broadcasting Service ABS and for the state’s National Light newspaper. “In youths development, we have commenced a comprehensive collection of data on Anambra youths with a view to placing them in gainful employment.”

The governor’s road roadmap to the future of Anambra State is anchored on a vision, which hopes to make the state the first “Choice Investment Destination and a hub for industrialisation and commercial activities” and a mission that hopes “to create a socially stable, business friendly environment that will attract both indigenes and foreigners to seek wealth creating opportunities in Anambra State.”

The governor hopes the roadmap will be sustained by the Spirit of Anambra, which he said, “is the inherent kinetic energy behind the numerous accomplishments of our people in education, commerce and industry, sports, literature & the arts, politics and science and other fields of human endeavour. It is the light we bear to every corner of the world in pursuit of happiness and our readiness to absorb or be absorbed into diverse cultures of the world. The Spirit of Anambra is a high-achieving spirit that finds motivation in itself and fulfilment in the achievement of others.

“It is the spirit of Egbe belu, ugo belu!”
There have in addition been deliberations with the leadership of the Anambra State House of Assembly “for the immediate passage of a parliamentary instrument that will facilitate the adoption of the new symbols of the socio-cultural identity of Anambra State.
“They include a new emblem, a new anthem and a new flag as well as distinctive colours that will be synonymous with Anambra State.”

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/100-days-in-office-a-governor-takes-stock/182754/

2 Likes

Re: Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US by Chino72: 10:46am On Jul 09, 2014
^^^^ By the time you finish reading this, you will be well informed that we elected a technocrat and not Ngige who is an errand boy to a hardened criminal called Tinibu! grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US by wisdommos(m): 11:30am On Jul 09, 2014
abu12:

I just want to give u something to deal with because Ur hatred for north and muslim is too much, by the way am not ibrahim. Ur leader are using tax payer money to enjoy them self and u are here insulting northern, what our leader did then is happen in ur area now
I will never be a party to this religious ideas that has eaten into the blood of Nigerians. We are all Nigerians irrespective of Religion, ethnicity or state. We should try and prioritize the development of this country instead of Religion. NAija Go Better
Re: Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jul 09, 2014
Stop lying! Some people defended her not to talk of the underground corruption going on in your various states but you all turn a blind eye to it and keep interfering in Igbo issues.
Besides the Gov didn't go with all the lawmakers as alleged and they went for the right reason.

abbakacici: and please can quote like ten yarubas on Nairaland defending what i think Ajimobi did, please there is different between loyalty to tribe and blind hatred. when Ramala of kaduna wanted to 5000 wheelbarrow, the hausa dont come here to defending him. Suswam of Benue State where primary school are now strike non one from middle belt is defending him, when other tribe are calling him names. the list goes on. please your gov is spending more atleast 200 million Naira in just a week.
assuming 2000-3000 usd for economy and 5000- 7000 for business class ticket to Washington.
hotel 500 to 1000 per night for average hotel
pocket money and travel expenses 500 per day: total will be 10000 usd to 20000 usd per lawmaker

2 Likes

Re: Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 09, 2014
Ebe ka ewu a si puta undecided

Profkomolafe: You guyz r receiving wat u bargained for. . . We told u 2 vote in #chrisNgige u said u want OBA*INO, meaning king of fire. By d tym he z tru wit u guys, una go knw wtin dy XUP

2 Likes

Re: Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US by Deepfreezer(m): 12:40pm On Jul 09, 2014
VICTOROCHEI: Apc losers cry us kainji dam. losing might be so painful. ngige failed woefully. sorry you are not needed here.
hahahahahahaha APC loosers should cry us kainji dam. ROTFL

2 Likes

Re: Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US by ifekayodee(m): 1:59pm On Jul 09, 2014
30 Lawmakers on a state sponsored trip is questionable,too much to pay for having a smooth romance with the state assembly.
Re: Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US by odinma1: 5:16pm On Jul 09, 2014
OneNaira6:

It has already consumed him. I mean the guy has over hundreds of account to bash Igbo, one of it goes by the name odinma1 that's pretending to be from Anambra state. He even talks to himself in each of his alternative account. There's really nothing you can do for him, even prayer cannot help him..the best we as people can do is try to contain his maddness and stupidity before it becomes a disease. We already have a funny schizophrenic patient running mad of NL, musiwa. We don't need another one that's not funny

You are clearly deluded young man.

I am Ugochuckwu from Anambra State, if you cannot see the difference between orlando Owo and I, then you have a lot to learn in life.

Anambra Adigo Mma
Re: Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US by suwailad(f): 5:54pm On Jul 09, 2014
farano: Wow! Some leaders have beginning to make good use of their senses smiley
see bottles shattering. Gaun gaun of the highest order.
Re: Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US by 9inches(m): 8:35pm On Jul 09, 2014
ifekayodee: 30 Lawmakers on a state sponsored trip is questionable,too much to pay for having a smooth romance with the state assembly.

^^^
strangest:
yes, its true... they went for a training session at the International Leadership Training Institute
Arlington, Virginia USA
... do you have a problem with that?

Does this not make any sense to you?
Re: Why Gov Obiano Took 30 Anambra Lawmakers To US by strangest(m): 1:29am On Jul 10, 2014
9inches:

^^^

Does this not make any sense to you?

If a company like Shell can take it staff outside the country for training, I do not see any reason why a whole state government cannot do the same... we are all looking for good governance...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City / President Buhari Arrives Nigeria From China (photos) / Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.