Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,381 members, 7,812,123 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:40 AM

Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? (20210 Views)

Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible / Cosmologist Outlines Three Concepts For Time Travel / Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by purpinkx(m): 10:52am On Jul 20, 2014
Time travel is impossible !

They say matter can neither be created nor destroyed . if you travel to the past, the mass of the universe will increase by you ( you in the past + you that time travelled) and I think that has consequences , besides you cannot possibly travel to a future that has not been created.
If I ask you , will you eat and you say no , our next conversation picks up from there ... Like , why not , you think I can't cook etc ...
If you say , yes I will eat , our conversation takes a different turn ... Let me warm it, we can eat together etc
As it is , the future depends on what your answer is . You can't travel to before creating that future !

Even if time travel should be possible , remember the earth , sun , galaxy , milky way are all spinning or revolving !
If you jump from point A 5mins ago , there is no guarantee that where you land is point A' 10mins before cos the earth,( in fact the universe) would have moved !

So my people , #All In or #Nothing
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 10:52am On Jul 20, 2014
Kay17: The spiritual/physical dichtomy gang has invaded this space too. As to the Nostradamus problem, we haven't seen him as a time tourist in our time yet!
maybe he's somewhere in haiti,enjoying the pleasures the world has to offer after burying his head for so long in work. You can never tell
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 10:52am On Jul 20, 2014
_______
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 10:54am On Jul 20, 2014
JustCare:
All would still rest under the confines of weather pseudo or genuine science!
Besides if examined very well, big bang theory ain't fringe science.
the big bang theory is extremely flawed. It makes a sh.it out of the law of conservation of energy and completely disobeys newton's 3rd law of motion
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 10:57am On Jul 20, 2014
purpinkx: Time travel is impossible !

They say matter can neither be created nor destroyed . if you travel to the past, the mass of the universe will increase by you ( you in the past + you that time travelled) and I think that has consequences , besides you cannot possibly travel to a future that has not been created.
If I ask you , will you eat and you say no , our next conversation picks up from there ... Like , why not , you think I can't cook etc ...
If you say , yes I will eat , our conversation takes a different turn ... Let me warm it, we can eat together etc
As it is , the future depends on what your answer is . You can't travel to before creating that future !

Even if time travel should be possible , remember the earth , sun , galaxy , milky way are all spinning or revolving !
If you jump from point A 5mins ago , there is no guarantee that where you land is point A' 10mins before cos the earth,( in fact the universe) would have moved !

So my people , #All In or #Nothing
i beg to differ. If you jump inside a moving train,you land back on the spot you took off from. How? Not magic. Just basic relat ivity principle
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 20, 2014
robinicule: when u look at the sun u r looking @ 8 mins ago, if d sun dies all of a sudden, it will take us abt 8mins to know......and according to einsteins theory of relativity, if u can travel infinitely at the speed of light, time tends to slow down for u, everything around u will pause. anoda example is space time. space time is slower than time on earth, because there aint no gravity in space, d lesser d gravity, d slower d time, dats y dose people leaving on a cliff, time passes through them slower because they r farther to the earth's core (lesa gravity for dem)........my token, time travelling is very possible, dere just might not be equipment for it yet, but arbitrary theories claims it is possible.....
if time travel was possible everyone would have known by now. because obviously humans in the future would have come back to our present. it's totally impossible.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 11:01am On Jul 20, 2014
______
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 11:02am On Jul 20, 2014
BadBoy25: not everything has evidence . there's no evidence of time travel except telling you what you will say next sunday at 6pm ,what color of shirt you'll be wearing . i'll tell someone close to you so that they can confirm .
The reality remains the same whether you believe it or not . if tomorrow is your last day there's absolutely nothing you can do to stop it .
all of this time has passed . next week has come and gone etc.
bro if someone is given death sentence on a particular date he'll die that day but its not for certain. Things could pop up. No one can tell when someone would die. We only forecast. Make guesses like Doctor evidence, death sentence, intention to kill, etc. But telling you can travel to future to know exacly how and when something happened? That's not possible. If it then give me one exact instance.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 11:04am On Jul 20, 2014
BadBoy25: for some reason beyond your control you wont even remember until the very moment .
keep guessing. You'll go places.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 11:05am On Jul 20, 2014
BadBoy25: well it is not possible to go live in the future because the future has not occured yet . from a non physical perspective ,tomowo and next tomorrow has come and gine , yo do not need time to relive it . everything is at once .
then we're saying the same thing. if you can't go to the future then you can't go to the past too.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by robinicule(m): 11:07am On Jul 20, 2014
Elliotwiz1: if time travel was possible everyone would have known by now. because obviously humans in the future would have come back to our present. it's totally impossible.
owkay, if dats ur perception, we've all got licence to our thoughts...*peaceout
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 20, 2014
LyfeJennings: Astagafirlah. ..

if it is possible then there is no God...

my take:; IT IS ONLY A THOUGHT THAN CAN NEVER EVER EVER HAPPEN..

at a time in history, men like Aristotle thought dat man can never ever land on d moon. Today, there is a flag on d moon. Infact, we don pass moon level; na time-travel sef we dey tink. See level!

It has nothing to do with debunking d very essence of God's existence but it has everything to do with reasoning.
Dont worry, we will travel to d future one day. I'm already working on itcheesy
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by purpinkx(m): 11:12am On Jul 20, 2014
ERTHAENIGMA:
i beg to differ. If you jump inside a moving train,you land back on the spot you took off from. How? Not magic. Just basic relat ivity principle
isn't it obvious that you're in motion with the train ? And not trying to jump to the front of the train or jump to before the train moved or jump to your destination ? You'll end up on the tracks I guess
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by JustCare: 11:17am On Jul 20, 2014
ERTHAENIGMA:
the big bang theory is extremely flawed. It makes a sh.it out of the law of conservation of energy and completely disobeys newton's 3rd law of motion
but we can dig out a lot of flaws still from those laws, though we ain't here for that.

the concept of big bang ain't fringe if studied from a metaphysical standpoint which will definitely contradict pure science! This is the only problem science have...the inability to examine reality which lies more in the ethereal.

sorry, this might not make sense to some people especially mordern scientists
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by ghostofsparta(m): 11:19am On Jul 20, 2014
haibe:
This is metaphysics right? Or can it be proven scientifically?
Metaphysics is what a wsestern scholar will reluctantly want to shroud it with. I call it Yoruba Advanced Science under Yoruba Advanced Sciences

logica: If you are indeed a scientist and with sound Mathematical background, you would understand the implications of The Theory of Relativity. The simple implication is, we can never reach the speed of light. It is like the speed limit. And as you approach the speed of light, your mass increases further making it near impossible to reach the speed of light. The implication of the theory is if you can surpass the speed of light, time travel can be achieved. Reaching the speed of light itself is an impossibility today. Not even an electron can reach the speed of light. And about "time slowing down", this has been VERIFIED in actual experiments. It is not just a theory.
So since you believe if a subject approaches or attains the speed of photons, the subject will increase in mass, mmmh interesting but kindly explain to me how they came about this fact, could it be because they've observed paritcles to gain mass when accelerated in Hadron Collider? Explain to me, I want to learn. Also explain to me how so or how will time travel occur if the speed of light is exceeded? Like I said earlier we need to make a clear difference between to travel through time which anyone can do using YAS like I did and no spurious theoretical based supposition occured like aging through time dilation and or everything around slowing down or pausing....the experience was as if the one is shortening time by displacing great distances without even noticing....sort of like moving through time in a non-synchronous manner. Now that is different from the hopping back and forth through time like in a sci-fi time machine travel.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 11:25am On Jul 20, 2014
purpinkx: isn't it obvious that you're in motion with the train ? And not trying to jump to the front of the train or jump to before the train moved or jump to your destination ? You'll end up on the tracks I guess
then it's safe to assume that we are in relative motion with other parts of the universe and if paradventure,time travel is made possible. There is a high probability that we would appear where we want to without the place moving out of place. All our movements are in sync with each other. From living things,to non-living things,to extra-terrestrial bodies
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 11:26am On Jul 20, 2014
JustCare:
but we can dig out a lot of flaws still from those laws, though we ain't here for that.

the concept of big bang ain't fringe if studied from a metaphysical standpoint which will definitely contradict pure science! This is the only problem science have...the inability to examine reality which lies more in the ethereal.

sorry, this might not make sense to some people especially mordern scientists
and all of a sudden,you've lost me
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by JustCare: 11:32am On Jul 20, 2014
ERTHAENIGMA:
and all of a sudden,you've lost me
sorry bro, I really digressed!
there is more to science than the science we are use to...
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Sholah96(m): 11:34am On Jul 20, 2014
ERTHAENIGMA:
then it's safe to assume that we are in relative motion with other parts of the universe and if paradventure,time travel is made possible. There is a high probability that we would appear where we want to without the place moving out of place. All our movements are in sync with each other. From living things,to non-living things,to extra-terrestrial bodies
LOL

1 Like

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by chlowi(f): 11:47am On Jul 20, 2014
I really think scientists should leave certain areas alone! Would traveling to and fro time bring back the dead or change the future

1 Like

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by hyuga(m): 11:51am On Jul 20, 2014
BadBoy25: you can go back and front to experience it in the first and third person,but its has no impact on this very physical reality .
the fact is ;tomorrow has come and gone whether you believe or not . every single word you will speak next friday is known . you can travel in time to experience or foresee what will happen . for example you travel in time to see yourself fighting with your friend next friday ,you come back . next friday in this physical world , you are fighting with your friend , it's like a dejavu, you remember what you saw in time . no matter how much you tried to obstruct it ,you forgot and actually lived it before remembering .
has no one xperienced seeing an exact same event again? Makes me wonda hw i got d memory of such event. Did i time travel into d future once? 2ndly, i tink its almost impossible. Nd if its dn data wud b d only tin capable of goin on dat journey. Our body wont be able to take d speed of light talkless of greater dan speed of light.

1 Like

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by LyfeJennings(m): 11:51am On Jul 20, 2014
Ansell:

at a time in history, men like Aristotle thought dat man can never ever land on d moon. Today, there is a flag on d moon. Infact, we don pass moon level; na time-travel sef we dey tink. See level!

It has nothing to do with debunking d very essence of God's existence but it has everything to do with reasoning.
Dont worry, we will travel to d future one day. I'm already working on itcheesy

U have no idea what kinna guy U talking to.

Not just man on moon was a dream,that phone with U was just a thought that seem impossible. The life U have today seem impossible long time ago and today U have it all on a platter of gold. Look brov,do U know what time travel means? U can actually go back to the time when U made a mistake and right your wrong. U can re-live any moment U desire. U can choose your life and be have powers over destiny. With the possible of time travel,U are as power as God (astagafirlah), with the existence of time travel,U can choose to live forever,U can desire to be bring back medevial era and live like a barbarian. ....

My guy,I am proud of the human race. We have done absolutely well. We have gone past our limitations. We have been to the moon,seen the space,above the galaxies. Today,the world is a just a global village. We have airplanes, yachts, mega jet,state of art automobiles. Today,just a button can wipe out a country from a continent. These are great achievement. Kudos to the human race BUT SOMETHINGS ARE JUST NOT MEANT TO BE TO BE CONQUERED...

TIME IS ONE OF THEM.

1 Like

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by LyfeJennings(m): 11:58am On Jul 20, 2014
I SWEAR PEOPLE ARE CRAZY O
SEE WETIN MEN DEY DISCUSS. EVEN OYINBO MAN KNOW SAY E NO POSSIBLE. WELL ITS JUST A THOUGHT. .
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by LyfeJennings(m): 12:01pm On Jul 20, 2014
pDude:

U ignorant

& I thought U smart.. If that shit ever happens and I'm alive..b4 God,man and everything He created,I promise to be your slave.

If U can relatively prove your foolishness here and people can see the impossibility. What are you gonna do for me?
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by iamord(m): 12:02pm On Jul 20, 2014
BadBoy25: tomorrow has come and gone . Obama died 50 years ago. it's year 2100 .
the color of shirt you will wear next year july 20th is known. every single word you will speak next week friday is known, you have already said those things . you died 200 years ago.
that's why people with the third eye can see future visions and give warning and all that.. I know one day humans will davance that we will also find way of. Prolonging ourlives.. But it will be after we have fought anoda. War and leaned to be @ peace
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Jsolomex(m): 12:05pm On Jul 20, 2014
Due to my little knowledge.. I av arrived at an assumption that to travel to future is possible.. E.g assume u in naija calls some1 in georgia which is 3hrs faster than naija.. Wen u made the call.. It travels faster dan liqht..den the person received the call.. I.e the call has successfully travelled to the future, so come to think of it if the sun suddenly die of.. It wil take naija 3hrs to know.. Thereby some1 in georgia has all called u daht "guy sun don die ohh" den u in naija wil b lyk guy we aint in april fool stop d joke.. D georgian guy could only pass daht information to you cos he is in the future.. So i tink travelling to the future is possible only if a machine is invented daht can make u faster dan light, thereby making u faster why things all u gets slow..... I think i have prove the time travel to future is possible... Buh can time travel to the past possible??... LETZ GO TO CLASS 2

CLASS 2:
Time travel to past dos not exist and it is not possible in life... Buh possible in informations.. E.g nairaland travel bk to the past cos it lost its informations within it.. Buh dos daht states daht we nairalanders also went bk with d informations?? HELL NO! Dahts cos we hav life.. E.g 2: i tink people in the future wil hav found way how to travel to future, buh we in the present can be aware simply cos DEY CANT COME BACK TO THE PAST... Same tin happens to wen shits occur.. U cant go bk and prevent it buh all u qona do is accept it....

CLASS DISMISSED!!
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by jude33084(m): 12:08pm On Jul 20, 2014
robinicule: when u look at the sun u r looking @ 8 mins ago, if d sun dies all of a sudden, it will take us abt 8mins to know......and according to einsteins theory of relativity, if u can travel infinitely at the speed of light, time tends to slow down for u, everything around u will pause. anoda example is space time. space time is slower than time on earth, because there aint no gravity in space, d lesser d gravity, d slower d time, dats y dose people leaving on a cliff, time passes through them slower because they r farther to the earth's core (lesa gravity for dem)........my token, time travelling is very possible, dere just might not be equipment for it yet, but arbitrary theories claims it is possible.....

You got my like and my respect wink

A lot of our youths these days watch too much Nollywood movies which are technologically dead. grin
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by tomiobj(m): 12:19pm On Jul 20, 2014
haibe:
Lol another different story, I thought someone said 9 minutes ago on this thread
. No offence, but do you see the sun @ night. Stars r like sun's. But like a million times further away. Please go and read on astronomy
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by jude33084(m): 12:23pm On Jul 20, 2014
ghostofsparta: I just don't get it...why must we science enthusiasts swallow anything because one Einstein or Newton said it...I mean why can't you or Einstein himself didn't explain or point to that thing that would pause or slow down everything predicated on time around us if one attain the speed of light. Maybe I'm ignorant or haven't read that deep as to know how it would be so for I know no wesrern scientist have so called time travelled to be certain everything around will pause or slow down like speedstar in the Heroes series...okay, okay, allright....I don read am b4 but I still dont agree on the time-slowing London Clock experiment in relation to speed because I think it has more to do with the observer's distance and not the speed of light. Would appreciate if you or anyone can explain why will, what will and how will things slow down or pause off

Hi, you won't be the first and the last on this forum who make the mistake of presenting 'wormholes' as though it's real and confirmed. Wormhole is an hypothetical concept used to underline the unlikely possibilty of a certain would-be phenomenon of gaining short-cut to another point in spacetime. It was even briefly explained in the sci-fi horror starring Lawrence Fishburne titled 'Event Horizon' which was about a tremendously huge ship that time travelled so tey it went into realms and dimensions that rendered it conscious and utterly evil it began to haunt and mentally attack the crews sent to locate and return it or something like that.

Oga how far? How work? Hope sey every every dey jell....hehen you want to know if time travel dey possible because you've been thinking abou it. Brother if you're really thinking about it you should have researched it and share your findings with us. I think you are too impressed by some flicks or series you've been watching of late. Anyway it's a good question you asked...

...[speaking for myself] From my researches and the books I've read in the past, I think there is a difference between 'travelling through time' and 'travelling back and forth in time' which I will call 'time-hopping'. I believe to jump back to 1851 AD or leap forward to the year 2079 using whatever means is arguably impossible simply because as I one day ponder about it, it occured to me that why haven't we recieved at least one human visitor from a future where 'time travel' technolgy has been perfected, or are such distant visitors purposely skipping our point of event in the universal time line to an age where they study non-evil, less monstrous and more interesting creatures like the dinosaurs and how humans evolved along or after them?

Furthermore, travelling through time which is clearly different from the 'time-hopping' scenarios painted above is very possible because not only have I confirmed it several times, it's also modifiable and guess what..the knowledge of it is gleaned from an aspect of the Yoruban Ifa called isegun or Yoruba Advanced Sciences. Travelling through time is what KANOKO does when used by shortening the distances meant to be traversed naturally. If you use it, say you want to be in Ikorodu quickly while you are in Apapa, all you just need do is to contactivate it while already been attached on you and you begin to move by walking as usual and you will realise as you trek on, you somehow find yourself getting past places that normally if you could sprint like a cheetah wouldn't have reached untill you get to the destination inputed on the YAS when you contactivated it. In my study so far, the wonderfull KANOKO has no repercussion but do have a consequence of relapsing the user to walk those skipped distance during sleep which when woken willl be exasperated and weak, nonetheless I am still trying to meet a very deep old woman whom I'm informed has a version that doesn't feature this consequential limitation and that could also enable one apply it from here to anywhere in the world. I know this sounds ridiculous but I and others have used the normal KANOKO and yes I sweat it out. Truly our ancestors were great to have had superscientists (Oniseguns and Babalawos) among them who figured it out because they constantly commmune with nature. If you or anyone is interested to know, ask and I will tell how I think the science of KANOKO works.

AMOS NONYU

This one is strong I tell ya! grin

@ the bolded; the day the truth will come out will be the beginning of the fall of most institutions on earth, especially the religious ones wink

I still believe in God. Nothing has changed wink
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by ghostofsparta(m): 12:28pm On Jul 20, 2014
ewizard I saw your PM
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by chynes(f): 12:29pm On Jul 20, 2014
Missy89:

Yeah.
Its just like going back in time to stop your parents from meeting each other. but then again, you cant do it because if they never meet you wont exist to stop them. and since there is something u cant change in other to create an origin it makes it pseudoscience indeed .
Unless a parallel dimension exists
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by ghostofsparta(m): 12:32pm On Jul 20, 2014
jude33084: This one is strong I tell ya! grin

@ the bolded; the day the truth will come out will be the beginning of the fall of most institutions on earth, especially the religious ones wink
Damn right you are. It's just only a matter of time.
jude33084: I still believe in God. Nothing has changed wink
May I ask which God?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Will Kerosene Freeze If Put In Freezer? / Do Animals Mourn Too? Yes They Do...... / Anular Eclipse In Nigeria: What's The Situation Report In Your Area??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.