Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,215 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? - Science/Technology (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? (20225 Views)

Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible / Cosmologist Outlines Three Concepts For Time Travel / Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Harhzyz(m): 12:38pm On Jul 20, 2014
If time travel becomes possible then it means there is no God and that we humans are gods.

1 Like

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jul 20, 2014
wallflower: So you believe that a thread on Nairaland is the place you'll find answers to a question trained physicists have not been able to answer. Nawa for you o.

Not so sir, I actually knew it infinitude impossibilities . just want to see /share with various notions & probably gain more insight that's all
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 20, 2014
Impossible Nah!!! The universe never stores experiences, it doesnt have a database or memory where time is stored. The whole idea came from movies. reaching the stars is more realistic than time travel which i think is absolutely ridiculous.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by rezy15(m): 1:22pm On Jul 20, 2014
ERTHAENIGMA:
the same confused scientists that said the entire universe was created from an explosion?
what the bible and science agree on is that it takes energy to create life. Big bang or let there be light mean similar things; to me. An explosion, light, energy, heat generation. The recipe for growing life as basic as bacteria. The bible may not be scientific but don't write off science either. Man is naturally scared of what he doesn't understand or see. The ability to see a phone is cos it's vibrating at a frequency our eyes can see. Dogs can see tins on a wider frequency range hence the belief they see ghosts. Just cos we cant see it doesn't mean it's not there. Jst cos our brains cant fathom a higher plane of knowledge doesn't mean its not possible.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Earnshaw(m): 1:36pm On Jul 20, 2014
It might be possible to travel through space and time as in teleportation. But the chances of traveling back in time is very slim. I've come to realize that when it comes to science and technology, just because it seems impossible doesn't mean it can't be done. It is always impossible until it us done. Good afternoon.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Psylas(m): 1:38pm On Jul 20, 2014
Time travel is possible if you can travel faster than the speed of light, if you can travel away with the speed of light holding a great telescope, watching the Earth, every activity on Earth will stand still till infinity

1 Like

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by digitite: 2:41pm On Jul 20, 2014
It's very real. I experienced it. It is spiritual in nature but can also be proven scientifically.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by salvatore007(m): 2:44pm On Jul 20, 2014
Time travel has been achieved by various people if not all in many parts of the world 2day nd I'll try nd mention d events...

1.) A gal 1nce had an accident which damaged some parts of her brain, u might describe dis as tragic buh d gal actually started remembering evry event of her life in detail since she was 5yrz up 2d moment of d accident.. This is time travel as she literarily goes back 2d Past.

2.) Dejavu: This is called "This moment has happed b4" which is a situation where observe dat an event has happed b4 which actually has never happed.. What happens is dat d mind actually travels some seconds into d future nd wen time catches up it appears d event is repeating itself... Time travel

3.) Travelling from Nigeria around 6pm to China on getting dere u discover its 3am which uv already lived, more like travelling back in time...

4.) Twins where born nd 1ñ was carried 2space nd d other left in Earth nd after 10 years were brought 2Geda only 2discover dat d1 in space was 2years yunga dan d 1ñ o n earth... Time travel

Xo thia4 time travel doesn't necessarily mean transporting urself back 2wen u were born or towards d day u will b buried OK wink

1 Like

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by hyuga(m): 2:47pm On Jul 20, 2014
Psylas: Time travel is possible if you can travel faster than the speed of light, if you can travel away with the speed of light holding a great telescope, watching the Earth, every activity on Earth will stand still till infinity
ok lets say u re moving at d speed of light, everythimg stands still but hw does past or future event start revealing itself?
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 20, 2014
hmmmm

hello all, nice inputs . kudos to you all

just coming back from the temple , ( lol. i mean church oo) never knew this thread will hit F.p , almost forgot about it .

You see my people , we need to be factual & realistic in our analysis about science, i"impossibilities" rarely exist . but to some beings some things are possible ( you may call it limitation if you like ) . Now usain bolt can cover 100meters in <10sec , but mark Henry cant . also mark henry can lift , push or bend hard metals but usain bolt cant & vice versa ( you call that limitation right .? ) . humans (mammals) are naturally meant to live on land , fish in water , can a fish survive 3 hrs on land .? (you answer yourself .) why .? ( impossibility or limitation ? )

most scientist shuns the idea that some supreme beings or superpowers ( "GOD" / "devil " ) are responsible/affect events in the universe ( esp. on our planet ) . Now here is an enigma they fail to decipher; actualizing time travel ( either back or front ) & making it pragmatic . wish they "succeed " but its a rational fact that such cant happen scientifically , have to be supernaturally ,which they don't believe ( so tell me how earthly possible ?.) now for those familiar with the holy scriptures , i think there was a man called Joshua who paused time ( sun was still for some while ) in other to finish up a battle he was in with the enemies , later succeeded ( mind you , that was supernatural not scientific ) i think there were two of such account in the bible , cant re-call the other .

To be honest with you fellas , i believe science to some large extend but some things are obviously not possible . ( at least humanly ) come to think of it ; traveling through time either past or future . where actually is the past .? say 1960 will that be in another planet or alternate " universe " as some physicist /scientist claims exist .? ( they say God does not exist cause they cant see him , but have they seen the alternate universes ? or ever observe the process of evolution .? no i guess . all you hear is "we BELIEVE such occurrences are possible " , guess that's kinda faith , but science /scientific principles ain't faith based ..hmm ) & where actually is the future ?. say 2020 . Is it also some other planets .? or alternate "universes" ? so you are telling me that IF some particles could out -pace light's (as in speed like the neutrinos & all sort ) , then time travel will be possible . ? so it will be like you are in some machine then you would suddenly travel that said speed .? to what geographical location actually , ? then you arrive at the future / past .? or you will be disintegrated in molecules at one location then regain your being at another location .? hmmm ( guess that will be interesting to witness ) ,

see folks, this thing is simply fictional /fringe !!!! (quote me anywhere ) .

impossibilities rarely exist but limitations do

"TIME TRAVEL CANT BE PRAGMATIC ,SCIENTIFICALLY EXCEPT OTHER WISE "

thanks for your time & understanding ..

#love
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by iamord(m): 3:05pm On Jul 20, 2014
ghostofsparta: ewizard I saw your PM
my goodness I need to hook up withj u.. This is the future generation of ATR leaders I have been dreaming and hoping they spring up
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by iamord(m): 3:13pm On Jul 20, 2014
Harhzyz: If time travel becomes possible then it means there is no God and that we humans are gods.
lol. Time travel will become possible.. But I tell u there is still God.. He is not affect by time u get..when u reach there u will stoill discover that there is a lot more we r yet to know.. Like prolonging our life span and re growing an organ..etc.. This universe is vast.. It will just be like in the days europeans just discovered africa.. Up till today there is still a lot to discover.. But God still transends that.. I believ that if we have not been using african science for evil we would have gone far..cos I know about the dogon tribe of mali.. They have extensive. Knowlege abouut the universe. Yet they r bush men
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by iamord(m): 3:17pm On Jul 20, 2014
chrisbaba1: Impossible Nah!!! The universe never stores experiences, it doesnt have a database or memory where time is stored. The whole idea came from movies. reaching the stars is more realistic than time travel which i think is absolutely ridiculous.
u have to time travel to reach the stars cos its too far.. If u use the normal rocket speed.myour. Generation will die yet u will have not reach the closest star..even people that talk on entities and angels that come to earth say the move at great speeds and teleport...cos the journey is far.. The day iwe fully get that technology marks another evolution of human race probably into a super human
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 20, 2014
jaylorde: watch fringe, u'll be amazed
watched it ocean times , but its only a movie .

glad you said fringe ( synonymous to fiction )

come to the real world man.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by iamord(m): 3:21pm On Jul 20, 2014
rezy15:
what the bible and science agree on is that it takes energy to create life. Big bang or let there be light mean similar things; to me. An explosion, light, energy, heat generation. The recipe for growing life as basic as bacteria. The bible may not be scientific but don't write off science either. Man is naturally scared of what he doesn't understand or see. The ability to see a phone is cos it's vibrating at a frequency our eyes can see. Dogs can see tins on a wider frequency range hence the belief they see ghosts. Just cos we cant see it doesn't mean it's not there. Jst cos our brains cant fathom a higher plane of knowledge doesn't mean its not possible.
where have all this knowledgeable africans been all this while?? When we get to see on a higher frequency that when u will know that u r not a lone on earth..infact the earth will be busy like market with beings and extra terrestrials .. I think with the adven of the church and islam..a lot of knowlege. Have been hidden and made only for the elite to know..while they only ley the masses know what they want them to know
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by iamord(m): 3:30pm On Jul 20, 2014
hyuga: ok lets say u re moving at d speed of light, everythimg stands still but hw does past or future event start revealing itself?
I believe that travling at such rate u hjave beating the time on earth..so u are faster than it and u will get to see what ever occurence doing that. Before the normal man here sees it
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by iamord(m): 3:33pm On Jul 20, 2014
benbuks: hmmmm

hello all, nice inputs . kudos to you all

just coming back from the temple , ( lol. i mean church oo) never knew this thread will hit F.p , almost forgot about it .

You see my people , we need to be factual & realistic in our analysis about science, i"impossibilities" rarely exist . but to some beings some things are possible ( you may call it limitation if you like ) . Now usain bolt can cover 100meters in <10sec , but mark Henry cant . also mark henry can lift , push or bend hard metals but usain bolt cant & vice versa ( you call that limitation right .? ) . humans (mammals) are naturally meant to live on land , fish in water , can a fish survive 3 hrs on land .? (you answer yourself .) why .? ( impossibility or limitation ? )

most scientist shuns the idea that some supreme beings or superpowers ( "GOD" / "devil " ) are responsible/affect events in the universe ( esp. on our planet ) . Now here is an enigma they fail to decipher; actualizing time travel ( either back or front ) & making it pragmatic . wish they "succeed " but its a rational fact that such cant happen scientifically , have to be supernaturally ,which they don't believe ( so tell me how earthly possible ?.) now for those familiar with the holy scriptures , i think there was a man called Joshua who paused time ( sun was still for some while ) in other to finish up a battle he was in with the enemies , later succeeded ( mind you , that was supernatural not scientific ) i think there were two of such account in the bible , cant re-call the other .

To be honest with you fellas , i believe science to some large extend but some things are obviously not possible . ( at least humanly ) come to think of it ; traveling through time either past or future . where actually is the past .? say 1960 will that be in another planet or alternate " universe " as some physicist /scientist claims exist .? ( they say God does not exist cause they cant see him , but have they seen the alternate universes ? or ever observe the process of evolution .? no i guess . all you hear is "we BELIEVE such occurrences are possible " , guess that's kinda faith , but science /scientific principles ain't faith based ..hmm ) & where actually is the future ?. say 2020 . Is it also some other planets .? or alternate "universes" ? so you are telling me that IF some particles could out -pace light's (as in speed like the neutrinos & all sort ) , then time travel will be possible . ? so it will be like you are in some machine then you would suddenly travel that said speed .? to what geographical location actually , ? then you arrive at the future / past .? or you will be disintegrated in molecules at one location then regain your being at another location .? hmmm ( guess that will be interesting to witness ) ,

see folks, this thing is simply fictional /fringe !!!! (quote me anywhere ) .

impossibilities rarely exist but limitations do

"TIME TRAVEL CANT BE PRAGMATIC ,SCIENTIFICALLY EXCEPT OTHER WISE "

thanks for your time & understanding ..

#love
actually a lot of scientsit are not religious. But spiritual.. $any of them.. Have been to spitit realms.. The likes of nicholas telsa has been a regular visitor of the hollow earth which is the underworld.. People just don't believe in it.mcos the education system has been designed to cover a lot and limit thinking
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Sholah96(m): 3:49pm On Jul 20, 2014
Check dis out

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Arosa(m): 4:01pm On Jul 20, 2014
The question you peeps should be asking should be: can man time travel, not is time travel possible? undecided
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 20, 2014
Sholah96: Check dis out

where is he actually going .?
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by sebali: 4:13pm On Jul 20, 2014
Missy89:

Yeah.
Its just like going back in time to stop your parents from meeting each other. but then again, you cant do it because if they never meet you wont exist to stop them. and since there is something u cant change in other to create an origin it makes it pseudoscience indeed .

To support ur point if ur parents hav oda children. stopping ur parents means dey wud not be born.....dis dose not stop here as it also effects dere(ur siblings) friends lovas and all who had dealings with dem at one pt. in tym.

In summary going back to d past wud mean cancellation of everytin dat has happened on mother unless u re able to go back to tym as an observer and notin more.
As for going into d future.......it wud be xtremely difficult because todays actions determines tomorrow(future) thus dere is really no fix future only d results of our actions today awaits us tomorrow.
Unless d future is fixed(sowie its not) we can only travel to an empty entity.

2 Likes

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jul 20, 2014
Missy89:

seems to me you are describing the TV show called FRINGE.
exactly the point dear .
thank God its called "fringe"
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by moshoodn(m): 4:47pm On Jul 20, 2014
First of all, to travel through time, you got to attain or at least exceed the speed of light, even if by a fraction...

Look at this from this angle, traveling at fast speeds cause atoms to rearrange, change path and bend continually.. Ask yourself this: can your body atoms undergo such changes? No! It sure can't!
Reason: your body atoms/molecules are compacted. Even the bulk itself is an issue for another day.

Let's gets a lil "utopian" fantasy.... Let's say you time-travel to 1969 on planet earth, who do you actually meet? Your dead Grandpa? Your Great grand mother? Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe or Awolowo?
Let's even say you decided to accelerate over 1.2c (c=3x10^8 ) into 2056 right here on earth, who would you meet? Me?

Bottom line: As a fundamental realist, time travel a'int possible.
As an idealist, time travel may be possible within a certain time frame, let's say +-12 hours (based on the acclaimed International time difference).

PS: Moshood is a realist.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Kay17: 4:49pm On Jul 20, 2014
It depends on how time is understood. Going back in time obviously means reversing the effects of change. And time is often compared with space/distance, so if we can traverse space to and fro, equally we should be able to manipulate time.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Arosa(m): 4:57pm On Jul 20, 2014
For those that care to know, the first step in time travel is to isolate oneself from space-time continuum.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by mahtma: 5:01pm On Jul 20, 2014
Speaking about time travel without knowledge in quantum physics and quantum mechanics is lame and also knwoledge on neuroscience is needed. Firstly b4 judging time travel possible or not we need to understand particles while classical physics/ Newtonian physics failed to explain some properties of matter quantum physics provides some mind bending explanation. To know whether T-t is possible we should try and check Quantum Entanglement . the 1 that Einstein called spooky action at distance. For those who implicated Einstein about T-t He himself disagree with time travel because it is a threat on his famous relativity theory. intact Einstein argue with Niels Bohr, on the phenomenon of Quantum entalglement. Q.E means I slapped your face and your brothers eye got swollen. Technically it means that when a photon receive a planks constant then the same planks constant would instantaneously be received by a complementary photons separate at distance if u like say 10000Km. That is Quantum(Charges/particle/photons) EnTanglement (joined/linked) This kind of action defy conventional transportation infact this is called TELEPORTATION. It means that the information sent to the other photon dosn't travel it just occur. This implies that particle can be faster than light. This where The world Famous Genius Einstein disagreed with Nobel prize winner Niels Bohr. Subsequent experiments vindicated Niels Bohr that Einstein was wrong and Bohr was correct. Now what is the meaning of all the above crap, we need to understands that photons is particles carrying energy and all matters are composed of particles as photons including U & I we are gigantic mega particles and we carry charges too, no wonder that the charges in our brain can keep a light bulb on. Therefore using the right technology the particles in or body can be transported across spacetime. But where we are in oblivion is that would u still be alive? because our soul ? That would bring us to neuroscience to tell us what is our soul and where is it domiciled? This is where we hit the road block. let the Thread Go on.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 20, 2014
Missy89: Quite foreseeable if wormholes are stable enough but you likely wont be able to get back to the same time you left.
There are problems like Wormholes not obeying the laws of Physics and the Twin and Bootstrap Paradox which makes time travel highly unlikely.

The possibility is only based on scenarios that are highly unlikely because it would contradict few theories and laws that haven't been disputed yet

Its possible but in reality im not sure mankind will be able to avhieve it. It they could, we would have witnessed folks visiting us from the future.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Arosa(m): 5:29pm On Jul 20, 2014
Facts about time travel, time travel to the future is easier than to the past; it can be archived with modern technology, but it's a one way trip.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by mahtma: 5:30pm On Jul 20, 2014
breezy047:

Its possible but in reality im not sure mankind will be able to avhieve it. It they could, we would have witnessed folks visiting us from the future.

Y has past folks not calling, email, twitting us since you believe that what is possible now would have been possible then. My friend when God decides to let things happen it would be u see wen human conceive an idea may be God want the ideas to be manifested time travel is not needed now Building Brain is more Impoortant
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by paulemi(m): 5:35pm On Jul 20, 2014
BadBoy25: whether or not you believe what i'm saying , the fact remains that you will never die . even if you kill yourself at this very moment ,you would simply not die even though your body dies . what i'm saying to you right now sounds very foolish and unbelievable from this current physical perspective but i understand .
And time travel is possible . everything on this physical realm has already been . tomorrow has come and gone . 2015 ,2016 2070 has come and gone,everything has already happened 8. sorry that's the least I can explain .

Finally, here's someone actually saying something. To really understand that the concept of time travel is possible, you've got to look more into the spiritual, conventional physics can not help only metaphysics and something more. The concept of time as people see it is an illusion, we created it, and its all centered around the movements of our planet relative to other planets and solar bodies. Einstein postulated that everything happens simultaneously.... your present and future are actually happening at the time, its just a matter of when you walk into which and become aware of it. I agree wholesomely with this idea because it corroborates with the bible's claim about God (a spirit being) seeing the end from the beginning and living in eternity. In the metaphysical world the whole idea of time collapses; time and space become meaningless. The being God and other spirits live in eternity, and eternity is one long stretch of a day; no night, no morning and no time, it doesn't end.
That said, I believe time travel is possible but not in the sense that most people think. If we consider the fact that looking at the sun and other stars we actually look back in time. The distance of stars and other solar bodies is actually measured in light years, and this just means the number of years it takes light emitted from these stars to reach earth. So when you look at the constellations for example, you re actually seeing what they were like hundreds of years ago. For all we know some may be dead now. The time will come when man will be able to project himself (a conscious part of his being) into the future, or the past, and observe things. Unfortunately, that is the closest to time travel we will ever get in this physical body mass. We'll only be able to observe things, but not be able to interfere, or interact with events in the future or the past....only the present. Anything more than that will subject this physical body, or any chunk of body mass, to such vibrational energy it will cause the total disintegration of such body. Mass transfer between realms and dimensions will be a problem, however, sending messages in wave forms and digital signals will be possible. Its only a matter of time I say, and this is based on my research, observation and thinking.

2 Likes

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 20, 2014
pDude: Very possible.

There is more to life than planet earth and our primitive fossil fuel and nuclear energies.

There are billions of planets out there which probably have various lifeforms and techs. Everyday, new planets are being discovered.

There is therefore the possibility that some of these lifeforms possess the kind of energy to make time travel and speed of light ttavel possible. All we need to do is make contact with them.

Believe me you contact them more than than you lace your stomach with rice grains.

They are all around but you cant see them because they belong to another dimension.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Will Kerosene Freeze If Put In Freezer? / Do Animals Mourn Too? Yes They Do...... / Anular Eclipse In Nigeria: What's The Situation Report In Your Area??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.