Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,386 members, 7,812,137 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? (20211 Views)

Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible / Cosmologist Outlines Three Concepts For Time Travel / Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Sholah96(m): 9:56am On Jul 20, 2014
An example in Quran: some people went to sleep/rest in the cave, only to woke 300+ years after. Their figures neva change. What happened?
My bros, this thing is possible...
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 20, 2014
Missy89:

and you know this how?

By studying and paying attention to science. Can you imagine the western civilisation flying rockets and space ships into space, going against the law of gravity? It is because they ask question and study the universe...... Not the bible.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by dhtml(m): 9:59am On Jul 20, 2014
ifeness:

We live in a Parallel Universe,where everything is happening at the same time. The ability to shift from one event/reality to another is call Time travelling. That means you are not controlled by Time,because Time doesn't actually exist. It is only an illusion. There is no future or past, everything we experience is happening now.

Some people say that there are multiple universes existing in parrallel, but for one or two significant events are exactly the same.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Missy89(f): 10:00am On Jul 20, 2014
ifeness:

By studying and paying attention to science. Can you imagine the western civilisation flying rockets and space ships into space, going against the law of gravity? It is because they ask question and study the universe...... Not the bible.

please can you share the science you studied to arrive at such conclusion here? there is an explanation for rockets and space crafts but i haven't seen the one on parallel universe that you " paid attention to"
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by dhtml(m): 10:01am On Jul 20, 2014
Missy89:
seems to me you are describing the TV show called FRINGE.
I have not watched that TV show interestingly enough. But i believe what i said, but that is bordering or pretenatural, which is outside the scope of this thread.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 20, 2014
haibe:
i guess what we have here is definition problem.

what's your definition of past and present and time?

Past and present are nothing but illusions. Everything happens now

You can switch your TV programme from CNN to BBC. Both are happening at the same time,but you are experiencing one.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 10:03am On Jul 20, 2014
_____
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Missy89(f): 10:04am On Jul 20, 2014
ifeness:

Past and present are nothing but illusions. Everything happens now

You can switch your TV programme from CNN to BBC. Both are happening at the same time,but you are experiencing one.
inst that illogical since you can watch both at the same time on two different screens?
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by haibe(m): 10:04am On Jul 20, 2014
Sholah96: An example in Quran: some people went to sleep/rest in the cave, only to woke 300+ years after. Their figures neva change. What happened?
My bros, this thing is possible...
It may be possible spiritually but that is quite different from what we are talking of here. We are talking of something real and physical now
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 20, 2014
dhtml:
Some people say that there are multiple universes existing in parrallel, but for one or two significant events are exactly the same.

I believe so too. According to scientists( who are based only on evidence) Our planet is vibrating, therefore, we can create billions pof parallel realities per seconds. What i experience in my whole life may totally be opposite to what you experience. And that goes down to what we feed our brains.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by godwinony(m): 10:08am On Jul 20, 2014
BadBoy25: if you have the mind to go into the non physical realm, you would not want any material possessions .
Thats a valid perspective sha..but try telling that to a nigerian..an ibo boy for that matter..lol..money almost always at the forefront of his mind.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 20, 2014
Missy89:
inst that illogical since you can watch both at the same time on two different screens?

I used 2 as an example. But you cannot realistically follow 2 program's at the same time if you want to be honest. You need to focus on one.

1 Like

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 10:09am On Jul 20, 2014
Missy89:

please can you share the science you studied to arrive at such conclusion here? there is an explanation for rockets and space crafts but i haven't seen the one on parallel universe that you " paid attention to"

I keep an open mind that's all. The knowledge is out there. I cannot tell you what to study.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by haibe(m): 10:11am On Jul 20, 2014
BadBoy25: not everything has evidence . there's no evidence of time travel except telling you what you will say next sunday at 6pm ,what color of shirt you'll be wearing . i'll tell someone close to you so that they can confirm .
The reality remains the same whether you believe it or not . if tomorrow is your last day there's absolutely nothing you can do to stop it .
all of this time has passed . next week has come and gone etc.
interesting, what color of shirt am I wearing
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Missy89(f): 10:11am On Jul 20, 2014
ifeness:

I used 2 as an example. But you cannot realistically follow 2 program's at the same time if you want to be honest. You need to focus on one.

doesn't that depend on individual cognitive abilities?.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Missy89(f): 10:13am On Jul 20, 2014
ifeness:

I keep an open mind that's all. The knowledge is out there. I cannot tell you what to study.

shouldn't you share the evidence you have in other to point me in the right direction because you already have the knowledge?
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 20, 2014
Missy89:

doesn't that depend on individual cognitive abilities?.

There are some people who experience or can tap into difference realities of course. But some people are called "Mad" because they are caught up in different realities. To me, anything is possible.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Kay17: 10:17am On Jul 20, 2014
It is found to be strange that we can't go back in time.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 10:17am On Jul 20, 2014
Missy89:

shouldn't you share the evidence you have in other to point me in the right direction because you already have the knowledge?

Look up Michio Kaku,a well known and respected physicist on Time Travel.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Arosa(m): 10:18am On Jul 20, 2014
Time travel is possible, successful experiments has been carried out to prove it. cool
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 10:19am On Jul 20, 2014
Kay17: It is found to be strange that we can't go back in time.

Someone like Nostrodamus did experience time travel. I'm sure you can if you find the right techniques.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Sholah96(m): 10:22am On Jul 20, 2014
Wikipedia cited a Quranic example where some people went to sleep/rest in the cave, only to woke 300 years after.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by brojero: 10:23am On Jul 20, 2014
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by haibe(m): 10:24am On Jul 20, 2014
ifeness:

Someone like Nostrodamus did experience time travel. I'm sure you can if you find the right techniques.

Nostrodamus was engaged in the spiritual sir, something physical is required here.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 20, 2014
Sholah96: Wikipedia cited a Quranic example where some people went to sleep/rest in the cave, only to woke 300 years after.

Would you now agree with me that Quran is based on science? And that primitive scholars of the Quran were trying to explain science in a primitive way? Because if those people could experience time travel, they probably accidentally activated the techniques. That shows God is nothing but an illusion of the mind.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 10:28am On Jul 20, 2014
ifeness:

and the bible already foretold it.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by JustCare: 10:36am On Jul 20, 2014
ERTHAENIGMA:
even fringe science can't help out here. The problem is it would get to a point where the basis on which physics was built would be met with contradicting theories. Time travel might be possible,but not within the realm of science. It would just be one of those far fetched theories that joins previously exsisting ones. E.g big bang theory
All would still rest under the confines of weather pseudo or genuine science!
Besides if examined very well, big bang theory ain't fringe science.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by McGibson(m): 10:38am On Jul 20, 2014
logica: If you are indeed a scientist and with sound Mathematical background, you would understand the implications of The Theory of Relativity. The simple implication is, we can never reach the speed of light. It is like the speed limit. And as you approach the speed of light, your mass increases further making it near impossible to reach the speed of light. The implication of the theory is if you can surpass the speed of light, time travel can be achieved. Reaching the speed of light itself is an impossibility today. Not even an electron can reach the speed of light. And about "time slowing down", this has been VERIFIED in actual experiments. It is not just a theory.
Now am loving my learned colleague in the same field.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by McGibson(m): 10:39am On Jul 20, 2014
Relativity is the #word
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Kay17: 10:45am On Jul 20, 2014
The spiritual/physical dichtomy gang has invaded this space too. As to the Nostradamus problem, we haven't seen him as a time tourist in our time yet!
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 10:48am On Jul 20, 2014
ifeness:

I believe so too. According to scientists( who are based only on evidence) Our planet is vibrating, therefore, we can create billions pof parallel realities per seconds. What i experience in my whole life may totally be opposite to what you experience. And that goes down to what we feed our brains.
the same confused scientists that said the entire universe was created from an explosion?
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 10:49am On Jul 20, 2014
BadBoy25: you can go back and front to experience it in the first and third person,but its has no impact on this very physical reality .
the fact is ;tomorrow has come and gone whether you believe or not . every single word you will speak next friday is known . you can travel in time to experience or foresee what will happen . for example you travel in time to see yourself fighting with your friend next friday ,you come back . next friday in this physical world , you are fighting with your friend , it's like a dejavu, you remember what you saw in time . no matter how much you tried to obstruct it ,you forgot and actually lived it before remembering .
I don't agree with you. Nothing is pre-determined. If I can see the future then I can ulter it. Why will I see the future that I died(God forbid) and still go to the location? I dey craze? Bro it is impossible

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Will Kerosene Freeze If Put In Freezer? / Do Animals Mourn Too? Yes They Do...... / Anular Eclipse In Nigeria: What's The Situation Report In Your Area??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.