Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,217 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:24 AM

Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? (20201 Views)

Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible / Cosmologist Outlines Three Concepts For Time Travel / Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by haibe(m): 8:44am On Jul 20, 2014
rezy15:
what exactly is time? Just an invention by man to keep track of events. Moving forward or backwards is merely logging dates using the movement of ur planet as a point of reference. Does time really exist? The ability to transcend beyond the past present or future has been shown since 'immemorial' and may not be limited to heavenly beings.

Not really, time is the name used to describe the progression into the future in respect to the past and present, you cannot alter this progression (time) and thus cannot travel into the future or past, it's very impossible. In fact even if altered, let say time is paused, it doesn't still mean you can travel into the future since time is what determines the future. You can only do this with the help of metaphysics

1 Like

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 8:46am On Jul 20, 2014
_______
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Kalvan: 8:48am On Jul 20, 2014
McGibson: As a Physicist, i will say its true, because i don't know how many of us Physicist remember Loretz force when dealing with time, but its real just that some Physicist do not know how to apply our outside interrestial works to the terrestial. Quote me. Prof Ubachukwu(Dean Post graduate studies UNN once taught me abt Maxwels equations, Gauss's law and how it involves real automobile mechanics. So we speak real and not Apparent!

The Lorentz factor deals with difference in time between two objects moving in difference reference frames, it has nothing to do with time travel. A clock on the object moving close to the speed if light will be slower than a clock on a reference frame at rest.

1 Like

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Missy89(f): 8:49am On Jul 20, 2014
rezy15:
what exactly is time? Just an invention by man to keep track of events. Moving forward or backwards is merely logging dates using the movement of ur planet as a point of reference. Does time really exist? The ability to transcend beyond the past present or future has been shown since 'immemorial' and may not be limited to heavenly beings.

man did not invent time.
man invented clocks
the time we are referring to here is the indefinite continued progress of existence and events in the past, present, and future regarded as a whole.
not the point of time as measured in hours and minutes past midnight or noon

1 Like

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Kalvan: 8:51am On Jul 20, 2014
Missy89:

i am not a physicist but i do have enough knowledge about the subject to understand whatever you say.

why not share here and help us answer the question so that everyone can learn a thing or two

This.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by ojoawo(m): 8:53am On Jul 20, 2014
Time travel theorectically MIGHT be possible.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by godwinony(m): 8:56am On Jul 20, 2014
iamord: black man mentality.. U will still be under whitew cos when they see the futuure they plan to control..and u are planning to. Earn from what they control.. U jonzing biggley
Werey..what is control without money?? If i go into the future and gain valuable info on appreciated stocks and shares and such things, come back and profit from my venture, i could have enough money to buy nigeria whole. So what is the control you are talking about? Jonzer.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 9:00am On Jul 20, 2014
_____

2 Likes

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 9:01am On Jul 20, 2014
JustCare:
yes!"I concur with the second law.
perhaps, it will border more on pseudoscience...where the possibility of being in a matrix can't be ruled out.
even fringe science can't help out here. The problem is it would get to a point where the basis on which physics was built would be met with contradicting theories. Time travel might be possible,but not within the realm of science. It would just be one of those far fetched theories that joins previously exsisting ones. E.g big bang theory
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 9:02am On Jul 20, 2014
Travelling to future and past is impossible. You can only do that theoretically but for real? Try harder. You mean I can go back to past and stop my parents from mating? When am already in history. So cos of my own time travel every thing I associate my self with changes automatically? My girlfriend I had sekx with suddenly forgets? My friends I drank beer with suddenly forgets? Lolz plz let them try something else. This is just "Best guess" game.

1 Like

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 9:03am On Jul 20, 2014
Missy89:

man did not invent time.
man invented clocks
the time we are referring to here is the indefinite continued progress of existence and events in the past, present, and future regarded as a whole.
not the point of time as measured in hours and minutes past midnight or noon
no offence,are you male or female?
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 20, 2014
_________
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by McGibson(m): 9:06am On Jul 20, 2014
Kalvan:

The Lorentz factor deals with difference in time between two objects moving in difference reference frames, it has nothing to do with time travel. A clock on the object moving close to the speed if light will be slower than a clock on a reference frame at rest.
I think you are either an undergraduate or just a graduate, you really need to explore me. Read your books.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Missy89(f): 9:08am On Jul 20, 2014
ERTHAENIGMA:
no offence,are you male or female?

f
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Kalvan: 9:11am On Jul 20, 2014
McGibson: I think you are either an undergraduate or just a graduate, you really need to explore me. Read your books.

Lol!!!

Why so butthurt? cheesy cheesy

You obviously didn't know what you were talking about, and I helped you out by pouring some modern physics on you. grin

Heal your bruised ego. LOl!!!!
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Missy89(f): 9:12am On Jul 20, 2014
dp
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Missy89(f): 9:13am On Jul 20, 2014
Kalvan:

Lol!!!

You obviously didn't know what you were talking about, and I helped you out by pouring some modern physics on you. grin

Busted! grin

We are still waiting for his research cheesy

1 Like

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by ghostofsparta(m): 9:13am On Jul 20, 2014
rezy15: what exactly is time? Just an invention by man to keep track of events. Moving forward or backwards is merely logging dates using the movement of ur planet as a point of reference. Does time really exist? The ability to transcend beyond the past present or future has been shown since 'immemorial' and may not be limited to heavenly beings.
Tell them o rezy15....TIME DOES NOT REALLY EXIST like a megabyte and temperature don't really exist but were concieved as standard to measure and calculate properties.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Kalvan: 9:16am On Jul 20, 2014
Missy89:

Busted! grin

We are still waiting for his research cheesy

Lol.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Missy89(f): 9:18am On Jul 20, 2014
ghostofsparta: dd

Hi, you won't be the first and the last on this forum who make the mistake of presenting 'wormholes' as though it's real and confirmed. Wormhole is an hypothetical concept used to underline the unlikely possibilty of a certain would-be phenomenon of gaining short-cut to another point in spacetime. It was even briefly explained in the sci-fi horror starring Lawrence Fishburne titled 'Event Horizon' which was about a tremendously huge ship that time travelled so tey it went into realms and dimensions that rendered it conscious and utterly evil it began to haunt and mentally attack the crews sent to locate and return it or something like that.

Please read what i wrote . i did say that wormholes do not obey the laws of gravity which makes them unreal and irrelevant to time travel. i only mentioned it hypothetically. it is like saying could men fly? and getting a response like "yes the can if the grow wings but then again they cant because..........."
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by McGibson(m): 9:28am On Jul 20, 2014
Kalvan:

Lol!!!

Lol bro, i didnt say u never tried, but you need to improve, even as am writing this, am digesting classical electrodynamics ans quantum mechanics. But keep it up bro, can see ur a Physicist, thats the spirit.

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 20, 2014
benbuks: I've been
thinking critically & following the world of physics &
attempts made by some scientist /mathematicians
to prove time travel which some did theoretically ,
but for real , how possible is it to travel back to the
past / to the future .?
gat to be "supernatural " i suppose .

If you can manipulate Space and Time,Yes you can Time travel. A 3 dimensional being might find it difficult to believe or understand that. But basically as humans upgrade in dimension hopefully, they will find out more about Time travelling. Or even more about what we call Parallel Universes.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Vankristi(m): 9:36am On Jul 20, 2014
BadBoy25: science is largely flawed. science is limited ,it can't explain everything . I am not a scientist nor religious . science and religion are flawed .
you said science is flawed,and religion too. . . Then,you're nothing. If you say that religion is flawed,right,but hey science?i bet you dont know the definition of SCIENCE. . Sorry you're not a scientist, but a primary school kid even takes elementary science. .
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by haibe(m): 9:36am On Jul 20, 2014
ghostofsparta:
Furthermore, travelling through time which is clearly different from the 'time-hopping' scenarios painted above is very possible because not only have I confirmed it several times, it's also modifiable and guess what..the knowledge of it is gleaned from an aspect of the Yoruban Ifa called isegun or Yoruba Advanced Sciences. Travelling through time is what KANOKO does when used by shortening the distances meant to be traversed naturally. If you use it, say you want to be in Ikorodu quickly while you are in Apapa, all you just need do is to contactivate it while already been attached on you and you begin to move by walking as usual and you will realise as you trek on, you somehow find yourself getting past places that normally if you could sprint like a cheetah wouldn't have reached untill you get to the destination inputed on the YAS when you contactivated it. In my study so far, the wonderfull KANOKO has no repercussion but do have a consequence of relapsing the user to walk those skipped distance during sleep which when woken willl be exasperated and weak, nonetheless I am still trying to meet a very deep old woman whom I'm informed has a version that doesn't feature this consequential limitation and that could also enable one apply it from here to anywhere in the world. I know this sounds ridiculous but I and others have used the normal KANOKO and yes I sweat it out. Truly our ancestors were great to have had superscientists (Oniseguns and Babalawos) among them who figured it out because they constantly commmune with nature. If you or anyone is interested to know, ask and I will tell how I think the science of KANOKO works.

AMOS NONYU

This is metaphysics right? Or can it be proven scientifically?
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by haibe(m): 9:37am On Jul 20, 2014
ifeness:

If you can manipulate Space and Time,Yes you can Time travel. A 3 dimensional being might find it difficult to believe that.

And how do you manipulate time sir?
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by haibe(m): 9:40am On Jul 20, 2014
BadBoy25: tomorrow has come and gone . Obama died 50 years ago. it's year 2100 .
the color of shirt you will wear next year july 20th is known. every single word you will speak next week friday is known, you have already said those things . you died 200 years ago.

So what am I living now since I have existed 200 years ago?
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 9:46am On Jul 20, 2014
haibe:

And how do you manipulate time sir?

We live in a Parallel Universe,where everything is happening at the same time. The ability to shift from one event/reality to another is call Time travelling. That means you are not controlled by Time,because Time doesn't actually exist. It is only an illusion. There is no future or past, everything we experience is happening now.

1 Like

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by logica(m): 9:47am On Jul 20, 2014
ghostofsparta: dd
I mean why can't you or Einstein himself didn't explain or point to that thing that would pause or slow down everything predicated on time around us if one attain the speed of light. Maybe I'm ignorant or haven't read that deep as to know how it would be so for I know no wesrern scientist have so called time travelled to be certain everything around will pause or slow down like speedstar in the Heroes series...
If you are indeed a scientist and with sound Mathematical background, you would understand the implications of The Theory of Relativity. The simple implication is, we can never reach the speed of light. It is like the speed limit. And as you approach the speed of light, your mass increases further making it near impossible to reach the speed of light. The implication of the theory is if you can surpass the speed of light, time travel can be achieved. Reaching the speed of light itself is an impossibility today. Not even an electron can reach the speed of light. And about "time slowing down", this has been VERIFIED in actual experiments. It is not just a theory.

1 Like

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Missy89(f): 9:48am On Jul 20, 2014
ifeness:

We live in a Parallel Universe,where everything is happening at the same time. The ability to shift from one event/reality to another is call Time travelling. That means you are not controlled by Time,because Time doesn't actually exist. It is only an illusion. There is no future or past, everything we experience is happening now.

and you know this how?

1 Like

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by haibe(m): 9:52am On Jul 20, 2014
ifeness:

i guess what we have here is definition problem.

what's your definition of past and present and time?
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by dhtml(m): 9:52am On Jul 20, 2014
KnightOfLaif: Very possible.Travelled back few times but still trying to perfect travelling into the future. Don't ask me how.
Some people (not necessarily witches mind you) are said to be able to travel backward or forward into time without your body (though the physical body will still suffer the side-effects).
Here, we are not talking of such matters, we are talking of on the physical plane here, like me carry an AK-47 in the present time and travel back like 2 centuries back, and take over the world government - yeah, that sort of thing.

Personally, i do believe it is possible, but it has not yet been discovered (or has not yet been made public) - chose one of the two.

1 Like

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Missy89(f): 9:54am On Jul 20, 2014
dhtml:
Some people (not necessarily witches mind you) are said to be able to travel backward or forward into time without your body (though the physical body will still suffer the side-effects).
Here, we are not talking of such matters, we are talking of on the physical plane here, like me carry an AK-47 in the present time and travel back like 2 centuries back, and take over the world government - yeah, that sort of thing.

Personally, i do believe it is possible, but it has not yet been discovered (or has not yet been made public) - chose one of the two.

seems to me you are describing the TV show called FRINGE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Will Kerosene Freeze If Put In Freezer? / Do Animals Mourn Too? Yes They Do...... / Anular Eclipse In Nigeria: What's The Situation Report In Your Area??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.