Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,212 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

What's Happening To Our Men? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's Happening To Our Men? (32471 Views)

If You Use These Back Then And You Are Still Single, What's Happening? / Our Men Are Killing Our Marriage / Are Womem Unrealistic Or Our Men Being Selfish? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by Edwardhead(m): 5:43am On Jul 10, 2014
I will also write "what is wrong with our women?" just be patience to let you know...

2 Likes

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by sexylogan(m): 5:43am On Jul 10, 2014
If you want Germany to beat Argentina, click "like"...

8 Likes

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by Onyenna(m): 5:43am On Jul 10, 2014
Your own opinion.........I guess...
Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by Yungmilio2(m): 5:47am On Jul 10, 2014
shelter4luving: Is like out of all the things in the world increasing, the only thing depreciating is LOVE.
when i was a little girl, there's this picture of men i had in my head. i see them as people that are strong, hardworking, brave and people that can defend and protect women. probably all these qualities was meant to be them ,but today, it's difficult to see men with these attribute. what i see now is, different from what i thought.
1. now some men are confidence and bold to publicly tell people how their wife is the bread winner of the family. i even hear this during testimonies in church. oh sorry to say this. if she's the bread winner, please don't expect total respect all the time.
2. Is like all men now want a working, independent woman. so the woman wouldn't depend on them. forgetting that every woman love to depend on his man even if she have the whole money in the world. if a woman cant depend on you, of what use are you to her?
3. a lot of men can actually lie, pretend to love a rich lady just for the sake of her money or fame. that's why you keep seeing advert: ' i want a sugar mummy who can pay' it's disappointing.
4. most men don't even care nor appreciate how the woman manage her time to take care of the children, and still rush home from work to prepare food for the family. rather they keep going around forming Baddest Boy Ever liveth. chasing other ladies and don't even consider how the woman feels. Mr. man, are you not suppose to protect that woman instead of giving her pains and making her cry?
Men, please what's up with you?
if you continue this way, our little boys wouldn't learn how to be real men.
please arise and be the real man you were created to be.

then we should have part2
What's happening to our women
they only want to marry a rich guy, or a guy who has already made some money
they are only after the money not the love
women no longer care about their children, instead of them to take care of their children and husband, they only care about going shopping in Dubai etc, for the broke ones moving from one house to another gossiping, making troubles, while the husband is out there hustling

3 Likes

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by johnstar(m): 5:55am On Jul 10, 2014
U r lucky I'm fasting wit our muslim brodas, if nt ehn.... In my home town (delta) if any woman dey qstn man lyk dis, dm 4 don cane her criusly undecided
shelter4luving: Is like out of all the things in the world increasing, the only thing depreciating is LOVE.
when i was a little girl, there's this picture of men i had in my head. i see them as people that are strong, hardworking, brave and people that can defend and protect women. probably all these qualities was meant to be them ,but today, it's difficult to see men with these attribute. what i see now is, different from what i thought.
1. now some men are confidence and bold to publicly tell people how their wife is the bread winner of the family. i even hear this during testimonies in church. oh sorry to say this. if she's the bread winner, please don't expect total respect all the time.
2. Is like all men now want a working, independent woman. so the woman wouldn't depend on them. forgetting that every woman love to depend on his man even if she have the whole money in the world. if a woman cant depend on you, of what use are you to her?
3. a lot of men can actually lie, pretend to love a rich lady just for the sake of her money or fame. that's why you keep seeing advert: ' i want a sugar mummy who can pay' it's disappointing.
4. most men don't even care nor appreciate how the woman manage her time to take care of the children, and still rush home from work to prepare food for the family. rather they keep going around forming Baddest Boy Ever liveth. chasing other ladies and don't even consider how the woman feels. Mr. man, are you not suppose to protect that woman instead of giving her pains and making her cry?

2 Likes

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by ehvez(m): 6:00am On Jul 10, 2014
#Feminism

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by Nobody: 6:09am On Jul 10, 2014
macdanny247: hmmm, i never knew a man could b happy coz his wife is the bread winner.... Am jst hearing this for d first time
bro, it's true o. There are some lazy bunch who has given up, may be after failed attempts to get a job after losing the previous one. My aunt was the bread winner of the house for decades before her husband kicked the bucket last year.

May we not find ourselve in such situation. Personally, I can't stand it!
Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by xtervaganza(m): 6:13am On Jul 10, 2014
You may not be far from the truth about all you lusted here

But u bent it when u said if a woman cant depend on you, of what use are you to her?

So a man without money is useless to his wife? Even if the wife has more money or the man's business just collapsed and went broke? He's of no use Abi?

1 Like

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by Nobody: 6:15am On Jul 10, 2014
damiso:
Well said.
Backgrounds differ sha but I was always surrounded by industrious, hardworking women who pulled their own weight (even more sef sometimes) so all these "women are eggs" " "women are oppresed" "men must do it all" theories are alien to me.

So OP from your point 1 if the man is the breadwinner the woman too must not expect total respect all the time abi?

no b lie. I grew up in a place where the women in the family don't sit their azz waiting for their men to take care of the children. It will be VERY hard for me to accept the current bunch of lazy girls as a wife...

Nah... My mother was an Amazon. I won't go for less.

4 Likes

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by IamDavid(m): 6:21am On Jul 10, 2014
'most men', I think that is wrongly used. Half of the married men I know don't behave like that. How can a man be proud that his wife is the bread winner? Even if situations make it so, most men always struggle and try their best to get out of it. It's true some men don't think tho, the world is fast deteriorating. This 'I'm entitled to my opinion' thing is making things worse. This doesn't imply that ladies can decide to be lazy or disrespectful, we all know what is right, no need to waste too much time typing.

1 Like

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by iykedare(m): 6:26am On Jul 10, 2014
carefreewannabe: I just read the first few lines and it made me SCREAM:

PLEASE, TALK FOR YOURSELF AND YOURSELF ONLY.

I do not like to depend on anyone AND there is nothing wrong with a man being confident enough to say that his wife is the breadwinner if the situation and circumstances require it or if the couple wants to have it this way.

Chai, so we still have reasonable girls. Op must be one hell of a parasite.

1 Like

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by ak4God(m): 6:27am On Jul 10, 2014
Is it not you women that are calling for EQUALITY?I dont have feelings for women anymore,i only thing of them when am intoxicated.

2 Likes

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by omenka(m): 6:28am On Jul 10, 2014

Your grammar sucks big time!
Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by bloglover(m): 6:29am On Jul 10, 2014

My dear it's obvious that u are the lazy type. my advice to you is this- go and work and stop looking for excuses to justify your laziness.

4 Likes

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by Jakeattah(m): 6:30am On Jul 10, 2014
Women say they want equality, infact they took all mens clothes and styles, leadership positions and even started dating and marrying other women (causing shortage for us).

So even doh I dnt agree wit Men that have some of the behaviour u mentioned..... Change in women in turn causes change in men

1 Like

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by vict505(m): 6:31am On Jul 10, 2014
Chai I weep for some men. In my Estate this is how all the ladies will be going to work early in the morning and the men will be outside standing looking like goat that was released from a coven. But some women too dey foolish am sorry to say that. Why won't you know what your guy is doing for a living? Daris God oooooo
Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by walexpal(m): 6:41am On Jul 10, 2014
The obvious truth is that problems associated with Man and Woman relationship was caused by the Ideologies of the Feminist; 'What Men can
do, women can do better'. I have always said that the idea of gender equality is an abstract, and if we would like to make it real, to eat the cake and also have it we make history for the first time in the entire existence of human race. If we take an hypothetical example, if we have 10 Men and 10 Women for only 10 available opportunities and 7 women are able to get 7 opportunities out of the 10 available opportunities, i am sure a rational person should be able rationalise the rest of the equation with absolute level of precision.

3 Likes

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by Nobody: 6:41am On Jul 10, 2014

2 Likes

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by angela98(f): 6:41am On Jul 10, 2014
all man dey pursue money this days. Its not the fault of men its due to the changing society and economy downturn. Over the years life has become extremely more difficult. There is so much pressure in naija society and extreme cases of poverty. Its good when a woman is earning and contibuting something to support the man instead of being a liability which nowadays men dreads. No be their fault na survival joor. Although role reversal is becoming a norm nowadays women go dey hustle man go dey house dey look after the home. This is not common in naija society but very common in other developed countries...most naija men are really hardworking,prospective and focused. cool

5 Likes

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by passionate88: 6:43am On Jul 10, 2014
Why won't it depreciate?... When ladies make it known everyday that it's the money they want/need in a man!. I saw a thread here on NL where the ladies were asked to choose between a rich cheat and a poor faithful man.. They all picked the rich cheat.

1 Like

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by godunia(m): 6:43am On Jul 10, 2014
OP,u observed correctly n of course u got response from end time men.well,real men are still working hard n are aware of their God given responsibility to provide for women.inshort a man who does not is worse than an infidel says d bible.women shine your eyes,it can't always be about love or time is running out,eventually nature will have it's way,u will desire a real man.
Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by lilmax(m): 6:48am On Jul 10, 2014
Last thing i will ever do is to make my wife the breadwinner,i dont and will never believe in this equality thing,i only need an educated woman if she like make she get billions that one na for her own pocket

5 Likes

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by passionate88: 6:48am On Jul 10, 2014
carefreewannabe: I just read the first few lines and it made me SCREAM:

PLEASE, TALK FOR YOURSELF AND YOURSELF ONLY.

I do not like to depend on anyone AND there is nothing wrong with a man being confident enough to say that his wife is the breadwinner if the situation and circumstances require it or if the couple wants to have it this way.
Thank U my sister . I no just knw hw some girls dey think o.

1 Like

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by Nobody: 6:50am On Jul 10, 2014
The question is "What is happening to our women"?
Even our great man mothers were supportive, they farmed vegetables and cocoyam while the men farmed yams, it has and would always be a partnership.

Because God says Men provide doesnt mean women will sit and open the same fingers and toes God gave us to support to collect and amass. Do you know how many men 35- 45 fall and die from heart attack and cardiac arrest all because they are jumping everywhere desperate to make ends meet and they have wives with the sit and collect mentality?

Why then will my parents save, toil and suffer to send me to school if I would end up sitting and waiting for someone to feed me?

Please as much as we have lazy men these days we have lived with a long generation of lazy women the men are just learning now and trying to catch up. It is no ones right to sit tight and expect to be fed and clothed simply because of their gender.

17 Likes

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by pickabeau1: 6:53am On Jul 10, 2014
walexpal: The obvious truth is that problems associated with Man and Woman relationship was caused by the Ideologies of the Feminist; 'What Men can
do, women can do better'. I have always said that the idea of gender equality is an abstract, and if we would like to make it real, to eat the cake and also have it we make history for the first time in the entire existence of human race. If we take an hypothetical example, if we have 10 Men and 10 Women for only 10 available opportunities and 7 women are able to get 7 opportunities out of the 10 available opportunities, i am sure a rational person should be able rationalise the rest of the equation with absolute level of precision.

You are wrong...Feminism is not the cause of problems associated with men and women

That problem predates it. Selfishness is the problem

Feminism is an attempt to right the initial over balance of power though it may have perverted too like other ideologies of gender relationships.

1 Like

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by Tallesty1(m): 6:59am On Jul 10, 2014
Funny!!! men didn't change, they are still what they used to be, the problem is your fellow women. Talking about protecting women, many of them will tell you that they don't need a man. They believe they can do what men do. Now if we are created equal(according to feminists) then why should one gender still risk their life to protect the other.
shelter4luving: 1. now some men are confidence and bold to publicly tell people how their wife is the bread winner of the family. i even hear this during testimonies in church. oh sorry to say this. if she's the bread winner, please don't expect total respect all the time.
Hahahahaha, do you now see why most women of today will never enjoy what our mothers enjoyed? Money rules everything around them, money buys their love and respect. So in a situation where the woman does not have money, the man should treat her as he pleases.
shelter4luving: 2. Is like all men now want a working, independent woman. so the woman wouldn't depend on them. forgetting that every woman love to depend on his man even if she have the whole money in the world. if a woman cant depend on you, of what use are you to her?
. Why would she depend on him if they were created equal? It should be fifty-fifty. No one should depend on the other.
shelter4luving: 3. a lot of men can actually lie, pretend to love a rich lady just for the sake of her money or fame. that's why you keep seeing advert: ' i want a sugar mummy who can pay' it's disappointing.
It is disapointing huh But a married man can take three 3-5 single gals to bed and use all of them and the girls will not feel any shame knowing that one man just slept with them. A girl will shun the poor guy that loves her and run after the rich guy that doesn't give a hoot if she is alive or dead. Is it not cause of money
shelter4luving: 4. most men don't even care nor appreciate how the woman manage her time to take care of the children, and still rush home from work to prepare food for the family. rather they keep going around forming Baddest Boy Ever liveth. chasing other ladies and don't even consider how the woman feels. Mr. man, are you not suppose to protect that woman instead of giving her pains and making her cry?
No body asked the woman to be doing all that, some women go home by 10pm because of the nature of their work which to me is what they chose for theirselves. After marriage, a woman first becomes a wife and a mother so up to her to know if can add any other thing these. Besides most women have maids/house helps and their is a machine for almost everything. So chillas
shelter4luving: Men, please what's up with you?
And what does our little girls know about being a woman. Most of them paint like peacocks, dress like harlost and fvck like prostitutes. Money for sex and they crave for a real man. You know what, you should be sending this to your feminist sisters instead of men. They started all these but still, the women who do not act like them still enjoy their men/marriage

8 Likes

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by passionate88: 6:59am On Jul 10, 2014
damiso:

Well said.

Backgrounds differ sha but I was always surrounded by industrious, hardworking women who pulled their own weight (even more sef sometimes) so all these "women are eggs" " "women are oppresed" "men must do it all" theories are alien to me.

So OP from your point 1 if the man is the breadwinner the woman too must not expect total respect all the time abi?

Thank you jare... When I tell ppl say "IF" I ever marry, I go pray make my wife to earn more than I do, they said she will insult/disrespect me.. I just don't knw hw we think sometimes

2 Likes

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by Nobody: 7:02am On Jul 10, 2014
The world's biggest problem is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while stupid people are full of confidence!

3 Likes

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by Nobody: 7:02am On Jul 10, 2014
There is nothing happening to men. Though some men due to their background & peers group influence, the african man mentality has sung deep to their brain.
However, Op u shud not forget that u can't compare 2day's economic with the olden days. Then commodities are cheap, availability of jobs, etc. The current situation has made it such that man alone cannot finance his family except he is a billionaire though but still need the help of a woman. It is only on few ocassion dat d wife can be d breadwinner if d husband is financially down.My advice 4 ladies is 2 be financially stable becos ur man will not be able 2 provide it all.

1 Like

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by domido(m): 7:07am On Jul 10, 2014
Kanwulia: Over to the MASCULINISTS! kiss
really some men are nat it at all.
Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by Nobody: 7:12am On Jul 10, 2014

What sort of stupid question is this?
Warning:Ifuote me and type any nonsense,you will run mad angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What's Your Plan B If Nobody Marries You? / My Mother In-Law Checks My Phone, How Do I Stop Her? / Girl Being Breastfed By Her Mum In Taraba After In Viral Photo Has Died

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.