Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,098 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

What's Happening To Our Men? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's Happening To Our Men? (32482 Views)

If You Use These Back Then And You Are Still Single, What's Happening? / Our Men Are Killing Our Marriage / Are Womem Unrealistic Or Our Men Being Selfish? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Happening To Our Men? by shelter4luving(f): 9:04pm On Jul 08, 2014
Is like out of all the things in the world increasing, the only thing depreciating is LOVE.
when i was a little girl, there's this picture of men i had in my head. i see them as people that are strong, hardworking, brave and people that can defend and protect women. probably all these qualities was meant to be them ,but today, it's difficult to see men with these attribute. what i see now is, different from what i thought.
1. now some men are confidence and bold to publicly tell people how their wife is the bread winner of the family. i even hear this during testimonies in church. oh sorry to say this. if she's the bread winner, please don't expect total respect all the time.
2. Is like all men now want a working, independent woman. so the woman wouldn't depend on them. forgetting that every woman love to depend on his man even if she have the whole money in the world. if a woman cant depend on you, of what use are you to her?
3. a lot of men can actually lie, pretend to love a rich lady just for the sake of her money or fame. that's why you keep seeing advert: ' i want a sugar mummy who can pay' it's disappointing.
4. most men don't even care nor appreciate how the woman manage her time to take care of the children, and still rush home from work to prepare food for the family. rather they keep going around forming Baddest Boy Ever liveth. chasing other ladies and don't even consider how the woman feels. Mr. man, are you not suppose to protect that woman instead of giving her pains and making her cry?
Men, please what's up with you?
if you continue this way, our little boys wouldn't learn how to be real men.
please arise and be the real man you were created to be.

105 Likes

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 08, 2014
I just read the first few lines and it made me SCREAM:

PLEASE, TALK FOR YOURSELF AND YOURSELF ONLY.

I do not like to depend on anyone AND there is nothing wrong with a man being confident enough to say that his wife is the breadwinner if the situation and circumstances require it or if the couple wants to have it this way.

112 Likes

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by fuckshit: 9:13pm On Jul 08, 2014
for real? what we've got here is some serious FÜCKED up shi/t

8 Likes

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by Kanwulia: 9:17pm On Jul 08, 2014
Over to the MASCULINISTS! kiss

7 Likes

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by macdanny247(m): 9:18pm On Jul 08, 2014
hmmm, i never knew a man could b happy coz his wife is the bread winner.... Am jst hearing this for d first time

26 Likes

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 08, 2014
*Sniff sniff sniff*

I smell something. Brb.

3 Likes

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by delishpot: 9:43pm On Jul 08, 2014
Ewooo, OP don put hand for tortise nyansh. Wait make naija men come catch you.
Me don dey ready to see a lets hang all women post. Hiannn you dare question why men want women to feed them and at the same time respect them as her provider, protector and support?
You dare ask why boys of these days dey happy to just park blokos go left sidon yapkata for chiar and wonder why them wives no fit pay school fees, house rent, buy clothes, clean house and cook food while dem the golden men just sidon enjoy tv and insult any photo wey a man dey bathe him pikins Or dey help him wife fix her shoe Or help him wife sweep or help him wife wash and clear kitchen or help him wife baby sit?
You dare question why our boys decide say its ok for their wives to feed and shelter them but not ok for them to help wife with chores?
Ok wait there, wait make naija boys show you how not to question their authourity when it concerns common women, ordinary women, just women, simple women , just , ordinary, common women.
Dem dey talk people and things wey deserve rights you mention women? Ok.

35 Likes

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by freshness2020: 10:02pm On Jul 08, 2014
Story for the "gods"
Its called compatibility!
Why e D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ pain U̶̲̥̅̊ na OP ?
Woman see person Wey she like, she marry am ,
U̶̲̥̅̊ come here D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ vent Ūя̲̅ anger, Dem complain ni!
Let love rule my dear!

9 Likes

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by MMotimo: 10:09pm On Jul 08, 2014
shelter4luving: Is like out of all the things in the world increasing, the only thing depreciating is LOVE.
when i was a little girl, there's this picture of men i had in my head. i see them as people that are strong, hardworking, brave and people that can defend and protect women. probably all these qualities was meant to be them ,but today, it's difficult to see men with these attribute. what i see now is, different from what i thought.
1. now some men are confidence and bold to publicly tell people how their wife is the bread winner of the family. i even hear this during testimonies in church. oh sorry to say this. if she's the bread winner, please don't expect total respect all the time.
2. Is like all men now want a working, independent woman. so the woman wouldn't depend on them. forgetting that every woman love to depend on his man even if she have the whole money in the world. if a woman cant depend on you, of what use are you to her?
3. a lot of men can actually lie, pretend to love a rich lady just for the sake of her money or fame. that's why you keep seeing advert: ' i want a sugar mummy who can pay' it's disappointing.
4. most men don't even care nor appreciate how the woman manage her time to take care of the children, and still rush home from work to prepare food for the family. rather they keep going around forming Baddest Boy Ever liveth. chasing other ladies and don't even consider how the woman feels. Mr. man, are you not suppose to protect that woman instead of giving her pains and making her cry?
Men, please what's up with you?
if you continue this way, our little boys wouldn't learn how to be real men.
please arise and be the real man you were created to be.

What you see depends on your environment, a lot of people still see what you saw when you were growing up.

#1 I salute any man that will give such a testimony in public and would place more value on him than one who would rather pretend that his wife makes no significant impact to their finances. Not being the breadwinner should not be a reason for either spouse to disrespect the other, marriage is a partnership, regardless of who makes more or no money. Your mindset is typical though, many people cannot grasp how a spouse with no income deserves respect.

#2 Men have always wanted a working, independent woman, that is not a new thing. The women of my family, including SILs, all had jobs before they got married because most couples will need two incomes at that stage of their marriage. Due to the present economic realities, it has become even more important, few can maintain a reasonable lifestyle on one income.

#3 Don't we have a lot more females doing that than men? And since time immemorial too

#4 Depends on the man you married. Chances are the traits or actual behavior were exhibited during courtship. Only a small minority will change after marriage. These our desperate times and for some women, marriage has become a means to escape poverty thus the haste in many cases to tie the man down with minimal consideration given to compatibility and true affection from both sides. A man that loves you will feel for you and will help as much as possible

55 Likes

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by Ewuro1: 10:18pm On Jul 08, 2014
shelter4luving:
when i was a little girl, there's this picture of men i had in my head. i see them as people that are strong, hardworking, brave and people that can defend and protect women. probably all these qualities was meant to be them

^^^ Now this is a lesson for mothers out there to their growing Daughters.

@Topic the first few posts has succinctly countered your OP. Your parents sent you to school to be productive and not depend on men for your daily bread. Tenk.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by damiso(f): 10:33pm On Jul 08, 2014
MMotimo:
What you see depends on your environment, a lot of people still see what you saw when you were growing up.
#1 I salute any man that will give such a testimony in public and would place more value on him than one who would rather pretend that his wife makes no significant impact to their finances. Not being the breadwinner should not be a reason for either spouse to disrespect the other, marriage is a partnership, regardless of who makes more or no money. Your mindset is typical though, many people cannot grasp how a spouse with no income deserves respect.
#2 Men have always wanted a working, independent woman, that is not a new thing. The women of my family, including SILs, all had jobs before they got married because most couples will need two incomes at that stage of their marriage. Due to the present economic realities, it has become even more important, few can maintain a reasonable lifestyle on one income.
#3 Don't we have a lot more females doing that than men? And since time immemorial too
#4 Depends on the man you married. Chances are the traits or actual behavior were exhibited during courtship. Only a small minority will change after marriage. These our desperate times and for some women, marriage has become a means to escape poverty thus the haste in many cases to tie the man down with minimal consideration given to compatibility and true affection from both sides. A man that loves you will feel for you and will help as much as possible

Well said.

Backgrounds differ sha but I was always surrounded by industrious, hardworking women who pulled their own weight (even more sef sometimes) so all these "women are eggs" " "women are oppresed" "men must do it all" theories are alien to me.

So OP from your point 1 if the man is the breadwinner the woman too must not expect total respect all the time abi?

20 Likes

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jul 08, 2014
damiso:

Well said.

Backgrounds differ sha but I was always surrounded by industrious, hardworking women who pulled their own weight (even more sef sometimes) so all these "women are eggs" " "women are oppresed" "men must do it all" theories are alien to me.

So OP from your point 1 if the man is the breadwinner the woman too must not expect total respect all the time abi?

Very good question.

14 Likes

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by Ewuro1: 10:47pm On Jul 08, 2014
damiso: So OP from your point 1 if the man is the breadwinner the woman too must not expect total respect all the time abi?

See question cheesy

You no know say inbred mentality mostly influence people's way of life? undecided

Yay Brazil scores!!! cheesy
Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jul 08, 2014
The woman can be a very enigmatic species to decipher.

Once upon a time, the man had complete control over his enclave to which he bestowed the woman the commander but what did she do?

She craved for the man's office and wanted to explore the man's world. She made advocacy to the high heavens and called the man callous for keeping her subservient to him.

She strove to reverse every word or phrase that had any inkling of masculinity adherent to it e.g. Chairwoman, spokeswoman etc.

She invented a FEMINIST club which had a war chant of " what a man can do, a WOMAN can do better"

Now some men have succumbed to their antic and allowed them to prove their metor but alas they cry blue murder.

What on earth does our women really want?

We love them too much, we are woman wrapper; we are strict, they say we are insensitive; we gladly provide their needs and even wants, they say we inhibit their independence ; we then abdicated our manly office and previleges and KASALA DON SHELE!!!

71 Likes

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jul 08, 2014
^^ It should teach you that every woman is different. I cannot identify with the OP.

4 Likes

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by Godson201333(m): 12:02am On Jul 09, 2014
so Naija guys have all gone out to struggle just because of you abi?And what would be his own gain if ya gonna depend on the man...Free sex right..thats why ya all need to see life outside Nigeria...Its all about 50/50 nothing like house wife anymore...Love is still out there bt most naija ladies make it difficult to find..I guess you just typed out ya post cos of frustration

16 Likes

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by 5minsmadness: 8:29am On Jul 09, 2014
@shelter4luving what is happening to our men? Feminism.
Men are being "feminised" as well. No need anymore to play the strong dependable man, riding on a white horse to save the lady from a dragon. That's sexist. Now the lady is the one who saves herself while the men applaud her for being independent and able to make her own choices.
Gone are the days when men were ashamed to admit their wives were the breadwinners of the family. Now its a thing of pride for a man to fold his legs and proudly state his wife is running the financial affairs of the home, after all, there is equality in the family, no captain no head. Its a TEAM effort and anybody can play any role.

The bitter truth is, no man can take care of a child as well as a woman. Women are naturally endowed to cater for and nourish children both physically and emotionally. The man brings in the discipline and hardiness necessary for the child to grow and survive in a harsh society, the woman brings in the love and softness needed to keep the child decent, sane and human . but now women don't have time to do this and (most?)men know next to nothing about taking care of the kids.

The family unit is under serious threat due to this current trend in role reversal in the name of equality and people will keep painting the problem over to meet their own selfish needs.

Personally I think its all part of the divine plan. Things will deteriorate further and there will be absolute chaos. Then peace will come.

34 Likes

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by egopersonified(f): 8:53am On Jul 09, 2014
op, if only by the several threads we had seen b4 the nl tsunami, it is very clear that men have actually turned to the babies they are called. you ve said the truth but it doesnt apply to all cases.

4 Likes

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by Nobody: 8:54am On Jul 09, 2014
shelter4luving:
.....So if a man isn't the breadwinner of his family, he doesn't deserve respect?? You mean as a little girl you were taught to link respect with money?? The more money a man has, the more respect he deserves and vice versa. *sad*
What exactly is wrong with a woman being the breadwinner?? I just need to understand your logic.

It seems money is your problem because you are more focused on finances.

I am not even mad that you would say something as ridiculous as ".......every woman love to depend on his man even if she have the whole money in the world...".

I just wonder the sort of environment you grew up in. There should be active organizations catering to women like you that suffer from mental slavery.

Again money! Money. Money. Money!

Does money mean love where you come from??

31 Likes

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by LaRoyalHighness(f): 11:16am On Jul 09, 2014
delishpot: Ewooo, OP don put hand for tortise nyansh. Wait make naija men come catch you.
Me don dey ready to see a lets hang all women post. Hiannn you dare question why men want women to feed them and at the same time respect them as her provider, protector and support?
You dare ask why boys of these days dey happy to just park blokos go left sidon yapkata for chiar and wonder why them wives no fit pay school fees, house rent, buy clothes, clean house and cook food while dem the golden men just sidon enjoy tv and insult any photo wey a man dey bathe him pikins Or dey help him wife fix her shoe Or help him wife sweep or help him wife wash and clear kitchen or help him wife baby sit?
You dare question why our boys decide say its ok for their wives to feed and shelter them but not ok for them to help wife with chores?
Ok wait there, wait make naija boys show you how not to question their authourity when it concerns common women, ordinary women, just women, simple women , just , ordinary, common women.
Dem dey talk people and things wey deserve rights you mention women? Ok.
Epic! *no need for me to comment again.

5 Likes

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by TRADELYN: 2:09pm On Jul 09, 2014
grin

...similar question men are asking women.

#WhyIsItThatAnyThatIsNotMoneyIsNotAValueToThem?
..... .... ....... ..........
Having Research Project Troubles?
Do you need help?
Let's guide/advise you now!
Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by Jman06(m): 8:28pm On Jul 09, 2014
matify: The woman can be a very enigmatic species to decipher.

Once upon a time, the man had complete control over his enclave to which he bestowed the woman the commander but what did she do?

She craved for the man's office and wanted to explore the man's world. She made advocacy to the high heavens and called the man callous for keeping her subservient to him.

She strove to reverse every word or phrase that had any inkling of masculinity adherent to it e.g. Chairwoman, spokeswoman etc.

She invented a FEMINIST club which had a war chant of " what a man can do, a WOMAN can do better"

Now some men have succumbed to their antic and allowed them to prove their metor but alas they cry blue murder.

What on earth does our women really want?

We love them too much, we are woman wrapper; we are strict, they say we are insensitive; we gladly provide their needs and even wants, they say we inhibit their independence ; we then abdicated our manly office and previleges and KASALA DON SHELE!!!
I tire oooo! @Op, blame it on gender equality and feminism.

1 Like

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by Nobody: 12:19am On Jul 10, 2014
Jman06: I tire oooo! @Op, blame it on gender equality and feminism.

Blame what on feminism?? undecided
Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by Jman06(m): 12:46am On Jul 10, 2014
BananaBender:

Blame what on feminism?? undecided
The fact that men no longer find it worthwhile to be all that which the Op envisioned while growing up. In this era where women now compete equally with men in all spheres of life no thanks to feminists and their useless ideologies, they shouldn't expect men to still be the provider, protector and all that they used to be because people don't eat their cakes and still have it.

9 Likes

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by BRAV0O(m): 5:22am On Jul 10, 2014
Hmmm story that touched the heart, like someone said you can only speak for yourself because some woman now adays barely experience any of those you mention.

1 Like

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by Smartsyn(m): 5:24am On Jul 10, 2014
Nothin
Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by Nobody: 5:36am On Jul 10, 2014
Evolution

Explaining and justifying rationales since the days of Charles Darwin.

3 Likes

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by seedord247(m): 5:38am On Jul 10, 2014
Now the table is turning una don dey shout.

1 Like

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by CodedTobx(m): 5:38am On Jul 10, 2014
speak for yourself op

16 Likes

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by calddon(m): 5:40am On Jul 10, 2014
@op not only love is depreciating, the state of security is also depreciating, think of it when you were young do you hear about bomb blasts and kidnappings in Nigeria? The economy is also depreciating, gone were the days that the income of the husband meets the satisfactory need of his wife who feels that she now prefers German hair to Brazilian hair. just to name but a few

the butom line of the story is; the scene of the world has changed.

we no longer have women who willingly pound yam for their families like my mum Still does rather they want to buy that machine processed nutritionally depreciated pounded yam flour.

it pains me.

4 Likes

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by Nobody: 5:40am On Jul 10, 2014
SON: dad can I please ask you a question?

DAD: go ahead son

SON: can a woman make me a millionaire?

DAD: Yes of course, but only if you were initially a billionaire

13 Likes

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by OLUJOSHINS(m): 5:40am On Jul 10, 2014
1) A man without a vision will happily boast about his wife being the bread winner. Note that not all men fall under this status. The only reason why they appear to have a higher majority to U is dat Most women dont recognize a man with a vision from his early days. They are usually blinded by the attractive life of the visionless men either because he has 6 packs, he is tall fair and cute, or he has a very sweet mouth. The less attractive guys with a vision go through hard times just to get a lady look their way.

2) Women naturally are meant to be dependent on their husband. When U grant her financial independence then be prepared for its consequences. Only a less realistic man will an independent woman.

3) Is a result of an unfortunate lazy nature of (some) men in this generation.

4) Is embedded in most men due to african mentality.

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Appreciation With Sex. Men Why? / Dealing With The Pressures From Married Men / Girl Being Breastfed By Her Mum In Taraba After In Viral Photo Has Died

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.