Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

What's Happening To Our Men? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's Happening To Our Men? (32470 Views)

If You Use These Back Then And You Are Still Single, What's Happening? / Our Men Are Killing Our Marriage / Are Womem Unrealistic Or Our Men Being Selfish? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by biomedixexcel(m): 7:17am On Jul 10, 2014
We have heard you well
Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by iykofias(m): 7:21am On Jul 10, 2014
strictly rubbish thread, stupid write-up. u sounded more like a broken heart.
Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by Niftyrules(m): 7:23am On Jul 10, 2014
carefreewannabe: I just read the first few lines and it made me SCREAM:

PLEASE, TALK FOR YOURSELF AND YOURSELF ONLY.

I do not like to depend on anyone AND there is nothing wrong with a man being confident enough to say that his wife is the breadwinner if the situation and circumstances require it or if the couple wants to have it this way.

Hello carefreewanabe, I think the OP is right with what she said above to some extent but kinda been to harsh on men.

What I know so far is that God has made the woman as an help meet for the man but it will be responsible enough for the man to be able to cater for the family's needs cos if he is unable to do so, the Biblical account states that he is worst than an infidel

But @ OP, I will advice you soften ur pedal on this issue.

1 Like

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by GlorifiedTunde(m): 7:26am On Jul 10, 2014
Well OP, I'm sorry about the way u feel. I think I can actually understand. These things are becoming more common these days.

However, if a man isn't the bread winner, he should appreciate his wife who brings the Bacon in enough: me I dont pray to be in his shoes sha. OLOUNMAJE!

Time has also toughened quality of living, so the approach in the present day is both of them work and being in income so as to live a better life. I'm personally in the class of men who believe in working very hard and if possible provide all my family will need. But also I think its wise if you encourage your wife's ambition and support her career. If she becomes a Deziani later on in life, its all good for you both, but that doesn't mean the man is lazy! These things happen. I actually prefer more the industrious type of woman, the man can pour all his income into her business till it becomes BIG. If the guy then has career problem, don't call him lazy or shameless. You don't know how they started. Many wives today owe where they are to their husband's support.

Finally, I passionately detest men who hang all the home responsibilities and chores to the wife. God made wives a help, not a slave. Most guys naturally become lazy after getting married. I blame it partly on the ladies, you ought to have cautioned it when he started. Many things ought to have been settled in courtship - that's why you shouldn't rush into marriage with a guy you can't talk to.

NB: women have by their own hands created the world they live in now, GENDER INEQUALITY is an anomaly to the way GOD wired man and woman to be. You alter the law of nature, you face the consequences!! !

2 Likes

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by Niftyrules(m): 7:28am On Jul 10, 2014
macdanny247: hmmm, i never knew a man could b happy coz his wife is the bread winner.... Am jst hearing this for d first time

Me too, I see no reasonable man take pride in this. Even when you still date a lady, you still kinda maintain your ego. How much more settling down.
Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by scribble: 7:32am On Jul 10, 2014
thirsty hoes

the level of ashewo in Nigeria today is just too bad...

and women are still reigning supreme in this regard

i dont encourage ashewos...

this op wants ashewo business to flourish

women should learn how to develop skills other than selling their punny around to unwitting, hapless idiots...

men should do what is necessary for a woman who has demonstrated not to be an ashewo and that she loves him...

that is all.

3 Likes

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 10, 2014
Niftyrules:

Me too, I see no reasonable man take pride in this. Even when you still date a lady, you still kinda maintain your ego. How much more settling down.

You mean to said a Man shouldn't be happy simply because his Wife is successful? undecided
Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by LuckyLadolce(m): 7:34am On Jul 10, 2014

I do not like to depend on anyone AND there is nothing wrong with a man being confident enough to say that his wife is the breadwinner if the situation and circumstances require it or if the couple wants to have it this way.
carefree, Una get fight before? Loolz!!
Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by Niftyrules(m): 7:43am On Jul 10, 2014
RedClay:

You mean to said a Man shouldn't be happy simply because his Wife is successful? undecided

Hello get me right, I will always be happy with my spouse financial success but will not take pride in sitting down while she takes care of all our financial responsibility.
Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by sylve11: 7:45am On Jul 10, 2014
Both men and women have lost their true values, thence the reasons these questions keeps coming. 10years from now, things might probably get worse, who knows. cool
Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by GlorifiedTunde(m): 7:47am On Jul 10, 2014

1 Like

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:49am On Jul 10, 2014
Kanwulia: Over to the MASCULINISTS! kiss
The Op just wrote two rubbish & one sense!
Point no 1 made sense but get K-leg!
The last points are dry like mad woman's toto!
Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by Nobody: 7:51am On Jul 10, 2014
When you are called an illitrate boy you will shout foul! Seriously at your age you still dont know the difference between feminism and misandry undecided
Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 10, 2014
scribble:
men should do what is necessary for a woman who has demonstrated not to be an ashewo and that she loves him...

that is all.
the necessary being?
Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by jayyem(m): 7:59am On Jul 10, 2014
Sorry to disappoint you @ OP...that was in the days of old like you rightly said...women of nowadays want equal rights, and don't forget that God created everybody for a purpose, so if God has destined the woman to be more successful than the husband and ready to be submissive, it takes an understanding man to give her the necessary support she deserves...so its not about laziness most times.

1 Like

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by Nichobabe(m): 7:59am On Jul 10, 2014
This same mentality of the @ OP is what most of our girls of nowadays have that they expect men to buy them everything, even recharge cards. All they think of is where is the next mugu that pays, coming from.
Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by dahmie2013: 7:59am On Jul 10, 2014
Op dear, I quite agree with u, but being dependent on a man is a no no 4 moi. As far as I'm concerened I don't need a man 4 nything, I can take care of myself, get preg without sex&dere's even a replacement 2 deir joystick grin grin. So dear, its a free world, but dere's no replacement 4 my tight punny wink.

1 Like

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 10, 2014
godunia: OP,u observed correctly n of course u got response from end time men. well,real men are still working hard n are aware of their God given responsibility to provide for women.inshort a man who does not is worse than an infidel says d bible.women shine your eyes,it can't always be about love or time is running out,eventually nature will have it's way,u will desire a real man.
grin grin grin
Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 10, 2014
shelter4luving: Is like out of all the things in the world increasing, the only thing depreciating is LOVE.
when i was a little girl, there's this picture of men i had in my head. i see them as people that are strong, hardworking, brave and people that can defend and protect women. probably all these qualities was meant to be them ,but today, it's difficult to see men with these attribute. what i see now is, different from what i thought.
1. now some men are confidence and bold to publicly tell people how their wife is the bread winner of the family. i even hear this during testimonies in church. oh sorry to say this. if she's the bread winner, please don't expect total respect all the time.
2. Is like all men now want a working, independent woman. so the woman wouldn't depend on them. forgetting that every woman love to depend on his man even if she have the whole money in the world. if a woman cant depend on you, of what use are you to her?
3. a lot of men can actually lie, pretend to love a rich lady just for the sake of her money or fame. that's why you keep seeing advert: ' i want a sugar mummy who can pay' it's disappointing.
4. most men don't even care nor appreciate how the woman manage her time to take care of the children, and still rush home from work to prepare food for the family. rather they keep going around forming Baddest Boy Ever liveth. chasing other ladies and don't even consider how the woman feels. Mr. man, are you not suppose to protect that woman instead of giving her pains and making her cry?
Men, please what's up with you?
if you continue this way, our little boys wouldn't learn how to be real men.
please arise and be the real man you were created to be.

you this confused girl, you wrote total rubbish. from a married woman to a young boy forming baddest guy!!
Dumb head.

Last bullet: you wrote trash

Regards
donnypool
Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by Ericsdm55(m): 8:04am On Jul 10, 2014

I think you deserve my respect for this sensible comment

1 Like

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by Nobody: 8:04am On Jul 10, 2014
If your man wears designer clothes, lives in a luxurious apartment and changes cars like underwear but his mother lives in a pig sty which she calls a house and sleeps on garri with no sugar monday to sunday, you better run away fast! You are playing in the devil's den!
Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by toby2(m): 8:06am On Jul 10, 2014
5minsmadness:
The bitter truth is, no man can take care of a child as well as a woman. Women are naturally endowed to cater for and nourish children both physically and emotionally. The man brings in the discipline and hardiness necessary for the child to grow and survive in a harsh society, the woman brings in the love and softness needed to keep the child decent, sane and human . but now women don't have time to do this and (most?)men know next to nothing about taking care of the kids.

The family unit is under serious threat due to this current trend in role reversal in the name of equality and people will keep painting the problem over to meet their own selfish needs.

Personally I think its all part of the divine plan. Things will deteriorate further and there will be absolute chaos. Then peace will come.

well said my Oga at the top, well said sir, and i think this is the major reason why the children (adults inclusive) have become nuinsances to the society (mind u, not all) and the societal chaos is sky rocketing. Children killing their parents, indecent dressings, weed smoking on the rampage to mention but a few. And all these jus because two peeps wu were given specific role and functions to play decide to swap roles... Like u said, i hope peace reigns, cos life is becomin more boring than eva. Even wit the civilized toys, it is still sore boring.

1 Like

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by Odunharry(m): 8:08am On Jul 10, 2014
Ewuro1:

^^^ Now this is a lesson for mothers out there to their growing Daughters.

@Topic the first few posts has succinctly countered your OP. Your parents sent you to school to be productive and not depend on men for your daily bread. Tenk.
a million like

2 Likes

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by Nobody: 8:12am On Jul 10, 2014
Hmmm!!.....Stoneage springs to mind.
Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by delishpot: 8:15am On Jul 10, 2014
OLUJOSHINS: 1) A man without a vision will happily boast about his wife being the bread winner. Note that not all men fall under this status. The only reason why they appear to have a higher majority to U is dat Most women dont recognize a man with a vision from his early days. They are usually blinded by the attractive life of the visionless men either because he has 6 packs, he is tall fair and cute, or he has a very sweet mouth. The less attractive guys with a vision go through hard times just to get a lady look their way.

2) Women naturally are meant to be dependent on their husband. When U grant her financial independence then be prepared for its consequences. Only a less realistic man will an independent woman.

3) Is a result of an unfortunate lazy nature of (some) men in this generation.

4) Is embedded in most men due to african mentality.

Big lie. A woman should not be denied her financial independence. Howmany men, give their wives families money as much as they give theirs? Dont you think the families of girl children also have needs?
Biko spare me all that one jare.
If a woman can carry her own weight financially then let her. If you marry a good wife, you will enjoy her hard work and wisdon. Unless you plan to lock her to your trouser by making sure she depends on you to buy sanitary pads and pants. To me that is not a happy home. Yes she may stay due to lack but if she gets money later and you happen to depend on her, she will see it as normal to also lock you down too just like you too were using money to control her.
Any household with a good mom who is making money will know the power moms purse can give when dads is a bit down. School fees get scraped and paid, pocket money, book money etc. Mom gives and says dad will pay o. But bottom line is, the money is provided without the family going to beg or borrow.
Abegi, let me tell you, a bad wife will show her bad side as soon as she gets the opportunity not because she works.
And why the hell are men of nowadays finding it ok to diacus their women feeding them?
Chei the days if MEN are far gone.

1 Like

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by delishpot: 8:18am On Jul 10, 2014
Odunharry:
a million like

We hear, I pray his daughter marries a man who will tell her those same words everytime she meets him for chop money or any money at that and lets see hoe she respects and adores him after a while.That is all I have to say.
Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by scribble: 8:19am On Jul 10, 2014
Mondisweets: the necessary being?

EVERYTHING within the reasons of limit...

I have such a woman, she is not the breadwinner, she cannot spend on herself talkless of me...she is more Ijebu than I

but what she has she gives and that is all of her heart...so therefore i rule over her everything including her finances...

I make in a year about 12 times what she makes...and we are both growing...

but I am a big spender, she is the saver.

Wihlst I order from macys, she will be talking payless but th only way she can shop at payless is if im not around...

these kind of women, proverbs 31 women, a man should bend over backwards for...but the mainstream naija girl now, I wouldnt do ish for apart from buy her kneepads and the occasional weave...

nigerian women need to love and respect their men and not their wallets...

this girl was there with me when i was broke as f**k, now shes reaping the benefits

1 Like

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by tuffgongjo(m): 8:21am On Jul 10, 2014
Nothing happened,sometimes d woman can be d bread or shawama winner if d situation of d man aren't that ok,depending on men?but aren't u guy FEMINIST?
Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by Nobody: 8:23am On Jul 10, 2014
shelter4luving: Is like out of all the things in the world increasing, the only thing depreciating is LOVE.
when i was a little girl, there's this picture of men i had in my head. i see them as people that are strong, hardworking, brave and people that can defend and protect women. probably all these qualities was meant to be them ,but today, it's difficult to see men with these attribute. what i see now is, different from what i thought.
1. now some men are confidence and bold to publicly tell people how their wife is the bread winner of the family. i even hear this during testimonies in church. oh sorry to say this. if she's the bread winner, please don't expect total respect all the time.
2. Is like all men now want a working, independent woman. so the woman wouldn't depend on them. forgetting that every woman love to depend on his man even if she have the whole money in the world. if a woman cant depend on you, of what use are you to her?
3. a lot of men can actually lie, pretend to love a rich lady just for the sake of her money or fame. that's why you keep seeing advert: ' i want a sugar mummy who can pay' it's disappointing.
4. most men don't even care nor appreciate how the woman manage her time to take care of the children, and still rush home from work to prepare food for the family. rather they keep going around forming Baddest Boy Ever liveth. chasing other ladies and don't even consider how the woman feels. Mr. man, are you not suppose to protect that woman instead of giving her pains and making her cry?
Men, please what's up with you?
if you continue this way, our little boys wouldn't learn how to be real men.
please arise and be the real man you were created to be.

Height of Joblessness.

1 Like

Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by Nobody: 8:25am On Jul 10, 2014
scribble:

EVERYTHING within the reasons of limit...

I have such a woman, she is not the breadwinner, she cannot spend on herself talkless of me...she is more Ijebu than I

but what she has she gives and that is all of her heart...so therefore i rule over her everything including her finances...

I make in a year about 12 times what she makes...and we are both growing...

but I am a big spender, she is the saver.

Wihlst I order from macys, she will be talking payless but th only way she can shop at payless is if im not around...

these kind of women, proverbs 31 women, a man should bend over backwards for... but the mainstream naija girl now, I wouldnt do ish for apart from buy her kneepads and the occasional weave...

nigerian women need to love and respect their men and not their wallets...

this girl was there with me when i was broke as f**k, now shes reaping the benefits
what will be your business with other girls when you have found one who is already loyal and responsible? undecided
Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 10, 2014
iykedare:

Chai, so we still have reasonable girls. Op must be one hell of a parasite.

I think OP was brought up this way. The man provides and the woman stays at home.
Re: What's Happening To Our Men? by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 10, 2014
Niftyrules:

Hello get me right, I will always be happy with my spouse financial success but will not take pride in sitting down while she takes care of all our financial responsibility.

Okay. Got It.
You made it sound earlier like it's a taboo to enjoy one's spouse success.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What's Your Plan B If Nobody Marries You? / My Mother In-Law Checks My Phone, How Do I Stop Her? / Girl Being Breastfed By Her Mum In Taraba After In Viral Photo Has Died

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.