Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,877 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

Project Fame West Africa: Iyanya Wins - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Project Fame West Africa: Iyanya Wins (29063 Views)

How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness / Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 / MTN Project Fame West Africa: Season 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Project Fame West Africa: Iyanya Wins by frijos(m): 12:57pm On Oct 27, 2008
The MTN project fame is a nice initiative placed in the wrong hands. The people given the job of music director, dance instrutor and judges are not competent enough. Therefore the program lacks credibility. It was poorly planned. I'd advise next time they borrow a leaf from other int'l programs like American idols etc. I lost interest in watching it a long time ago because it's like a waste of time. And I begin to wonder if we'll ever learn to do things right in this country! Planning is very important in anything at all you want to achieve. A good example is the football world cup or the Olympics which comes in every four years. These events are planned for four years (long term). Meanwhile, here in naija somebody would wake up one morning and start doing something without proper planning. How do u think it'd ever work out right? I'm sure there are a lot of very talented musicians/singers in naija that didn't go for the audition for the mtn project fame west Africa simply for the fact that they question the credibility of the program and it's such a shame. Or rather there are so many that was judged so wrongly at the prelim stages of the auditions because the judges themselves don't have sound knowledge of music/singing/vocals etc. Just imagine bringing someone like Kwame of Nigezie to judge! isn't that insane?! What does he know about singing? What does he know about breath control, falsetto, wave etc in singing? What music school did he attend or has he attended? Is/are there any proof that he qualifies for the job? He is not qualified for that job! he's not the brand for that job! VJ search would be better for him to judge cos he has built a quality brand in that area. Taking jobs that does not belong to you damages your brand makes the people in the business world think you're confuse. And he's (Kwame) not the only one. I understand Frank Idoho/Idogho (whatever) was also a judge at the prelim auditions. What?! Men, naija we need to wake up and learn to do things professionally. (To MTN and the organisers of PFWA) next time place an advert for music directors, singing coahes, dance directors etc and do a thorough screening and make sure you get the best. first of all go out of your way to fly one, two or maybe three seasoned professional in from the UK or US to screen those that applied. I'm sure if you do this, at the end of the day you'll achieve a positive result. It's a shame that MTN as an organisation didn't think of this (aren't they suppose to know all this things?) Nowadays people don't forget things easily and this (as little as it is)could determine the rise/downfall of a company. lastly I believe the basic reason why things go wrong is because we put money ahead of every other thing. We give priority to how much we're going to get out of this. What?! Thereby losing focus of the most important things we have to do. I'd like to add that you all did a good job but it could get better.

This article is written by Friday "FJ" Joseph. A young Nigerian speaker, singer and writer in the area of Music business. For more details you can contact him by sending him an email at creamedelacreame@yahoo.com

Re: Project Fame West Africa: Iyanya Wins by crudedude(m): 1:23pm On Oct 27, 2008
DORCAS AGAIN!! HABA!.why cant these guys save dorcas the torture n evict her already? .whats with the hassle between Joke Silva n d Judges?.she(Joke) shud quit this attitude of always jumping in to defend her "kids" and come to the reality that the show is getting stiffer by the day, later folks
Re: Project Fame West Africa: Iyanya Wins by eminemkayc: 2:50pm On Oct 27, 2008
THE WHOLE THING,AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED, IS A COMPLETE WASTE OF FUNDS BY THAT INGLORIOUS MULTINATIONAL WHICH HAS CONTINUED TO WASTE THE RESOURCES IT DRAINED FROM ITS SUBSCRIBERS ON EXACERBATED FRIVOLITIES RATHER THAN CHANNELING SUCH INTO HUMAN-CAPITAL DEVELOPMENT, FUNDING ANY VENTURE THAT'LL ENCOURAGE SOCIO-TECHNOLOGICAL DEVELOPMENT IN A THIRD WORLD UNDERDEVELOPED COUNTRY LIKE NIGERIA RAVAGED BY UNEMPLOYMENT,POVERTY,BACKWARDNESS(IN TERMS OF TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCEMENT) AND SO ON!! IT ALSO BEATS MY IMAGINATION THAT A FEW NIGERIANS STILL RISE AND APPLAUD THIS OBSTREPEROUS CLAPTRAP sad sad sad !! ITS EXTREMELY UNFORTUNATE!!
Re: Project Fame West Africa: Iyanya Wins by frijos(m): 3:43pm On Oct 27, 2008
Real Talk
Re: Project Fame West Africa: Iyanya Wins by benlay(m): 4:02pm On Oct 27, 2008
those judges suck, they got carried away.
Re: Project Fame West Africa: Iyanya Wins by Modups1(f): 4:13pm On Oct 27, 2008
jejelolatu:

Whats wit BEN, where does he think he is? Laffmattaz?
Jeez,i hate it when he does d shootin sign wit funny faces,
And as if that is not enough ,we have to watch mama joke silva, infact scratch that, ("mama" my foot, she don fall my hand.)

as i was sayin, we have to watch joke silva,who doesnt knw SWOT about music make uninformed comments,

Ohhhh,need i mention d judges that can't speak d truth xcept they sugar coat it and make excuses.
They should call a spade a spade.

For heavens sake, tell Dorcas shes wack,
habaa, end her misery-send her home.

On a second thot,now that the show has taken this rather RAZZ turn,maybe its kodjo,Nii and onyemechi we should be sendin home.

They don't deserve to be there, they are the one eyed men in the city of the blind known as PROJECT FAME.
Keeping them in the house would be a dulling experience for them .

jejelatu, to say u have hit d nail on d head is an understatement!
u r so very right

i have been watching this show & from d very beginning i have been shocked by the selection proccess (even d judges chosen to make d selection were WACK!!!!!)
d only set of qualified judges then were d group that consisted of yinka davies, sammy okposo, ojb & tymix

d sound quality compared to idols is very very poor, surely MTN could have done better dan this tongue tongue

now to d contestants. . . .  ,  .
the only qualified candidates to me r annette, onyemechi, kodjo, ni & bisola
d rest r jokers especially sopriye (he seems to have all his suppoters in d studio audience every week) 

its good wilmot has been booted out, wonder how he made it in d 1st place
he never looked happy in d house
its only a matter of time before dorcas & sopriye finally go home (i hope oh)

now d teachers, that ben guy has always been annoying to me
i remember when he hosted "celebrity takes2" but at d same time he seems to be d only one with real MUSIC training amongst his other teachers

i don't even know gogo majin, never heard her singing 

d dance coach hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm undecided

da principal joke silva, she's being OVERLY emotional and taking d judges decisions too personal
they have all turned d show into a  local spectacle

d judges:
kwame is d cool one whilst d lady & tymix r h hard ones, they get it wrong sometimes but at least they tell d contestants d truth if they r doing well or messing up
their teachers r just there telling them they r fantastic & wonderful & "well done well done"
come on guys, let them know they r rubbish when they are  angry angry angry angry

d host & hostess
sometimes they look confused and keep interrupting each others sentences
funlola is d most guilty of dat, her oversabi too much

MTN surely u could do better please
Re: Project Fame West Africa: Iyanya Wins by rayelliot: 6:52pm On Oct 27, 2008
d eviction of wilmots wasnt rit IT FURTHER shows that d show is so RAZZ and d level and technical dept of d show is all a bi g JOKE .
Re: Project Fame West Africa: Iyanya Wins by HillaryX: 7:20pm On Oct 27, 2008
WoW, so much ventilation and annoyance in this zone, lol,

am outta!
Re: Project Fame West Africa: Iyanya Wins by tosinadeda: 1:25am On Oct 28, 2008
the competitors are simple below standard and whack, not ready to learn simple!!!!!!!!
the suck when they sing! period
ther's nothing the teachers can do
Re: Project Fame West Africa: Iyanya Wins by frijos(m): 7:45am On Oct 28, 2008
@ Tosinadeda, man that's real talk right there. I wonder how most of the competitors got there in the first place, how they made it thru the elimination stages. If the judges themselves are competent.
Re: Project Fame West Africa: Iyanya Wins by crudedude(m): 1:09pm On Oct 28, 2008
@frijos
Totally agree with u on the whole show thingy its kinda poor but we just have to hope for a better 2nd edition(if theres 2 be),
Re: Project Fame West Africa: Iyanya Wins by Olaolufred(m): 3:27pm On Oct 28, 2008
@ Eminemkayc,

THE WHOLE THING,AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED, IS A COMPLETE WASTE OF FUNDS BY THAT INGLORIOUS MULTINATIONAL WHICH HAS CONTINUED TO WASTE THE RESOURCES IT DRAINED FROM ITS SUBSCRIBERS ON EXACERBATED FRIVOLITIES RATHER THAN CHANNELING SUCH INTO HUMAN-CAPITAL DEVELOPMENT, FUNDING ANY VENTURE THAT'LL  ENCOURAGE SOCIO-TECHNOLOGICAL DEVELOPMENT IN A THIRD WORLD UNDERDEVELOPED  COUNTRY LIKE NIGERIA RAVAGED BY UNEMPLOYMENT,POVERTY,BACKWARDNESS(IN TERMS OF TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCEMENT)  AND SO ON!! IT ALSO BEATS MY IMAGINATION THAT A FEW NIGERIANS STILL RISE AND APPLAUD THIS OBSTREPEROUS CLAPTRAP    !! ITS EXTREMELY UNFORTUNATE!!  

Thank you. You are the reasonable one i have met so far on this Topic. They are only Exploiting Nigerians.
If not for Glo and Zain, MTN would have made telephony a thing for some few class. Or worst made all impoverished
nigerians to get a mobile line @ #25,000 till date.
MTN made big money from Nigeria without any Investment into development.
It is okay that they will give away one Jeep, Some Cash to the Contestants.
Has that alleviate poverty in Nigeria? NO.
Why are we then celebrating mediocrity?

SEE THIS PICTURE.
MTN is only impoverishing nigerians more and more. How?

1. 2.5million + a Jeep(valued 5million) for first position. Totalling 7.5million.
2. 1.5million + a car( may be valued 3.5million at most). Totalling 5 million.
3. 1 million + a car( may be 2million at most). Totalling 3million.

MTN would give out 15 million to the contestants.
May be the planning and logistics gulped 50 million. Totalling 65million.

HOW MUCH MONEY ARE THE HYPNOTISING NIGERIANS TO COUGH OUT.
They begs," Vote to resque someone" who in first place isn't dying or in any mishap.
They begs more, you can vote as many times as possible.

COST:
One txt msg= #100
If 1 million Nigerian(@minimum), voted, MTN makes 100million.
If 10million voted, they make 1 billion.
Now, gullible Nigerians have voted 5 times or more.
So MTN have made minimum of btween 500million to 5 billion or more.

From these analysis, are they helping Kojo, Bisola, sophy, or Nigerian?
They are only servicing the selfish interest they brought into this nation to impoverish poeple.

I don't see the hype that people are talking.

MTN Invest in developmental programmes. That is where the future lies.
Re: Project Fame West Africa: Iyanya Wins by jeffoski(m): 4:36pm On Oct 28, 2008
@Olaolufred,frijos,eminemkayc,jejelatu
You guys are too much infact if the 4 of you where made the judges the show it would have been far better than what it is now.I totally agree with the 4 of you i wonder when Nigeria will ever wake up an organize something that will make everyone happy and satisfied.they just keep f, k up everytime.I even had a bet with a friend that the up coming Kora award will also be a f, k up except God intervenes and cause a miracle but with what am seeing i don't think that will be possible but we are talking about Project Fame now not Kora.

The annoying thing about Nigeria is that we have what it takes to organize a world class reality show(OK make i no talk pass my mouth now i mean good reality show)all it takes is simple common sense but it seem that is hard to come by nowadays.Even when we copy shows we tend to do the worst instead of the best.
Instead of making Aunt Joke the principal why not Onyeka Onwenu After all she is a Music icon and the best Female Musician Nigeria have ever had even till date.then for the Dance instructor Kaffi or Wale Rubber, for the Voice Coach,can they get One from the Muson School of Music then please instead of that annoying Drama King Ben why not have OJB.
Then for the Judges am fine with the Lady and tymix they would have just Added Sammie and Simon Cowell(just kidding about Simon Cowell if him dey e for don abuse all of them) then have a guest Judge every week.Am sure if they had all this people the show would have be very cool and fun to wacth.
But from all have seen and the voices have heard the person that deserve to win is Annette.She is really Good and she sings like a professional.Imagine last episode(reggae nite)She Backed up for almost all the contestant(i wonder why Benedicta didn't back up at all)and did it well.Her own performance was wonderful.when she performs she looks at the viewers at home and connect well carry everyone along.I hope she wins If they don't turn the competition into a popularity contest(she no fit enter probation sha) she deserves to win and shes the reason why i wacth the show.
Re: Project Fame West Africa: Iyanya Wins by cindynoah: 12:33pm On Oct 29, 2008
[Please somebody warn MTN to stop sending nonsense text about project fame or else . , . . . . . . .]

YoU wiLL use your tail! stung!, Lol!
Re: Project Fame West Africa: Iyanya Wins by ayusman16(m): 6:52pm On Oct 29, 2008
@Olaolufred

Have u ever heard of the MTN Foundation? Google and do research on it and now tell me if any Nigeria owned coy is doing something close to that,
Re: Project Fame West Africa: Iyanya Wins by tayoccu(m): 10:19am On Oct 30, 2008
the organizers of project fame west africa should talk to the judges, it seems they've got something against some of the contestants (especially Dorcas).
Re: Project Fame West Africa: Iyanya Wins by crudedude(m): 12:37pm On Oct 30, 2008
@tayo
Dorcas aint got much talent fella.cant help but wonder how a person like her came to arrive at the academy.am not hatin,its just the truth,
Re: Project Fame West Africa: Iyanya Wins by soloqy: 12:56pm On Oct 30, 2008
crudedude:

@tayo
Dorcas aint got much talent fella.can't help but wonder how a person like her came to arrive at the academy.am not hatin,its just the truth,

True Talk
Re: Project Fame West Africa: Iyanya Wins by tamai(f): 4:15pm On Oct 30, 2008
yeah! u all are right,but we can only get there by making mistakes and perfecting our acts.
Re: Project Fame West Africa: Iyanya Wins by suze(f): 5:08pm On Oct 30, 2008
the omly person with a unique voice there is the ghanian guy kodjo.He stands out just as timi stood out in idols. I pray he wins. Annete's voice is also good but not unique. Shes d best girl there
Re: Project Fame West Africa: Iyanya Wins by carmelily: 12:09pm On Oct 31, 2008
The contestants dress and look like slaves. No talent, no attitude.
I still can't believe that it is MTN-sponsored. so classless. MTN can't provide a decent wardrobe for contestants?
Reality shows thrive on visual candy and captivating tasks. Nothing like that in Project Fame.
Re: Project Fame West Africa: Iyanya Wins by jeffoski(m): 1:28pm On Oct 31, 2008
@tamai
i agree with you but how long are we going to be making avoidable mistake.Organizers of reality shows in Nigeria never learn from their mistake all they are after is the profit they'll make from it not the out come of the show.By the time one person stands up here in Nigeria and do something far better(so that they can copy because that is the only thing they know how to do copy from someones idea)then they'll improve but as long as no one is doing a better job here then forget they won't improve only copy ideas from foreign shows and do the wack version.

@suze
Kodjo has a unique voice but Na oneway voice him get he sounds like one old school guy,(i can't remember his name).His not versatile and if care is not taken he can be on probation soon because by the time they decide to give him a song that doesn't fall into his voice texture and rage(like what happened to Nii and Caro)then you'll see what i mean but Annette is very versatile and with her kind of voice and attitude on stage am sure there is no kind of song she can't do.I pray she wins but am certain the both of them will be in the finals(if them no do OJORO)they are but great contestant.
Re: Project Fame West Africa: Iyanya Wins by Seun(m): 2:43pm On Oct 31, 2008
Dorcas is a very good singer. She rendered Asa's song and she didn't butcher it. Nothing wrong with her.
Re: Project Fame West Africa: Iyanya Wins by gailnaba(f): 12:32pm On Nov 01, 2008
the good the bad the nasty, project fame? the nasty
Re: Project Fame West Africa: Iyanya Wins by abes(m): 7:40am On Nov 02, 2008
you people should give dorcas a break, she's improving.
Re: Project Fame West Africa: Iyanya Wins by otokx(m): 6:09pm On Nov 02, 2008
We Nigerians should stop deceiving ourselves. Na mistake i take see this joke, imagine 2 clowns singing beauty and the beast. Did I say singing? They were acting jo and it was so horrible i was disappointed beyond measure. There are better, younger talents out there.
Re: Project Fame West Africa: Iyanya Wins by virgie(f): 11:03pm On Nov 02, 2008
Dorcas could be improving, but she is the weakest link for now.
Re: Project Fame West Africa: Iyanya Wins by Modups1(f): 11:00am On Nov 03, 2008
poor Dorcas, ur time in the house is almost up!
pitied her yesterday sha, no be small tears embarassed
after d judges commended she & praise at d beginning, wat a crushing blow dat both are on probation. she could barely sing d song at d end of d show due to d free flow of tears

kodjo is beginning to sound flat to me, his singing is sounding too similar for all performances.
he needs to watch out

d best for d nite was nii & onyemechi's performance of "d girl is mine" by micheal jackson & paul macartney
thier performance was wonderful & they both looked handsome, u go guys kiss kiss kiss

by d way am happy sopriye is out cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Project Fame West Africa: Iyanya Wins by crudedude(m): 11:10am On Nov 03, 2008
DORCAS AGAIN??!! shocked.is it just me or has dorcas been in probation virtually thru out dis show? GOSH!!.she's improving no doubt but MAN! its not fair now, WHY D TORTURE?.the best performance of yesterday goes to Bisola n co, they pulled it off.later peeps
Re: Project Fame West Africa: Iyanya Wins by soloqy: 11:11am On Nov 03, 2008
Sopriye had to leave.

Did the organisers truly traverse the whole of west africa for these finalists?

I can sing better than a number of them(Though I only sing in my bathroom).

For Dorcas, she is just poor. She is neither a good singer nor does she have the look of a star.

Idol west africa was miles ahead of this.

I guess I was initially just impressed with the highlights of the house and not the singing.
Re: Project Fame West Africa: Iyanya Wins by Omolola1(f): 11:22am On Nov 03, 2008
Yesterday's (Sunday) show was simply amazing. they all sang very well. The ladies looked like angels while the guys were just so cute! i love yesterday's show so much. Anette is such a good singer, so is Kodjo, Onyemaechi and Bisola. Dorcas is not it at all! She cant even sing! She is on probation AGAIN! Probably for the 5th time or so if am correct. The girl should just get evicted she cant sing. The most annoying thing is that mama joke silva supports her. She should just get evicted and give all of us a break. Did u notice it, Dorcas wanted to cry yesterday cos she was on probabation again. I pitied her sha. To me, Kojo and Benedicta are not supposed to be on probation, they sang very well. The duet i loved the most was Anette and Kojo. Bisola and Caroline also did a breathtaking performance. And also Benedicta and Iyanya. I loved it.
I thot she was going to go on saturday but painfully our own sopriye left. Sopriye and Bisola were just so wonderful with their Beauty and Beast song. I loved it.
I just pray Dorcas leaves this week.
Anyway they ended the show with a wonderful song titled That's what friends are for. At least they are all friends despite all that has happened.
I will update you guys on what happens next!
See ya.
Re: Project Fame West Africa: Iyanya Wins by starlizzy(f): 2:44pm On Nov 03, 2008
why is dorcas always for nomination every week, the girl is fed-up with the sh.***, t, she was even crying yesterday evening ., let them free her ooooooo.
The programme is getting hotter every now n then.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

#bbnaija: What Mercy Has To Say About Esther And Frodd Relationship / Profile Of Chomzy, Bbnaija Season 7 Housemate / 'King Davido': Hilarious Nollywood Movie Title

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.