Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

>>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) (64227 Views)

The Real Heroes Of 2015...To Those Who Have Fallen & Those Who Still Burn(pics) / Continuation of "FALLEN" Photol Novel Uploaded A Love Story by browngarri / The Angele Of The Fallen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by shadyemmanuel(m): 10:10am On Nov 13, 2014
ESIXLOVE:
* beating my head in papa Ajasco's style * ajagajaga
Hope say u neva tie wrapper like women grin
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 10:11am On Nov 13, 2014
shadyemmanuel:

Oga Benji wellcome to d Family, here we make u forget all ur sorrows, stay tune and await more Nice updates From NL best writer in person OF MR ESIXLOVE(MCLAFF).
* revise * choi!!!, me best writer? This na watch o,
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by shadyemmanuel(m): 10:15am On Nov 13, 2014
[quote author=ESIXLOVE post=27972724]* revise * choi!!!, me best writer? This na watch o, ,
Of course u ar d best among d rest
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 10:20am On Nov 13, 2014
[quote author=shadyemmanuel post=27972857][/quote]chai!!!, what a flattery!
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 10:22am On Nov 13, 2014
shadyemmanuel:

Hope say u neva tie wrapper like women grin
no ö!!!
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by jaymomma(f): 10:38am On Nov 13, 2014
ESIXLOVE:
I just hope she makes it.

Pls make sure she does
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by Fatalveli(m): 10:50am On Nov 13, 2014
[b]Its happening live this weekend. Catch the
conversation live on Nairaland as our
popular programme 'Nairaland celebrity
interview' kicks off with more force.
Guess who we are bringing this weekend.
She is not story writer, neither is she a
poet. She is a Queen, our Queen. A beauty to behold.
I present to you, the most beautiful girl on
Nairaland. Miss Jennimma, winner Miss
Nairaland beauty contest 2014.
Do you have questions for the damsel?
Do you want to know the secret behind
her breathtaking beauty?
Do you want to know more about her? The phases of listening in which we enjoy the beauty
of God's handiwork on the beauty queen, her response to such factors as the
simplicity, balance, and proportion of her speeches,
and the eloquence of their her pure heart, then why don't u all fall or rather troop in and let's bombard the beauty pageant with questions. And the observable characteristics of her personalities including age, gender, educational level, group
affiliations, and socio-cultural background we ought to take not of when adapting to our interviewee.... Let's make it lively and I'm sure you all have a lot of questions
This weekend, join us and ask your
questions. Everything will be answered by
our guest.
Date: Saturday 15-11-2014
Time: 2pm-3pm
Venue: http://
www.nairaland.com/1952165/weekly-
interview-thread-subsidiary-
dammysammytv/9#27964171.
Missing the action is like carrying over a
course! Lol.... U can't afford to miss it like "Papa AJasco"[/b]
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by Benjaminbest(m): 12:40pm On Nov 13, 2014
dis guy is special
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by shadyemmanuel(m): 3:25pm On Nov 13, 2014
Benjaminbest:
dis guy is special
he is simply Fabulous
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 3:49pm On Nov 13, 2014
Benjaminbest:
dis guy is special
thanks sir.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 3:52pm On Nov 13, 2014
shadyemmanuel:

he is simply Fabulous
sir. You will soon make head to triple in size because of your comments, but it's bad the my schedule won't allow multiple updates, and my phone won't allow long updates.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by shadyemmanuel(m): 4:16pm On Nov 13, 2014
ESIXLOVE:
sir. You will soon make head to triple in size because of your comments, but it's bad the my schedule won't allow multiple updates, and my phone won't allow long updates.
Too bad, bt daily update is possible, i guess.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by kingphilip(m): 5:15pm On Nov 13, 2014
esixlove Tnx for d dedication
Chioma n all others should please make it alive, hale n hearty o

BTW nice update
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 8:50pm On Nov 13, 2014
kingphilip:
esixlove Tnx for d dedication
Chioma n all others should please make it alive, hale n hearty o

BTW nice update
Thanks sir, well from where i'm standing, it's hard for me to see who will make it out.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 8:53pm On Nov 13, 2014
shadyemmanuel:

Too bad, bt daily update is possible, i guess.
sure. But it all depends on PHCN.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by shadyemmanuel(m): 7:56am On Nov 14, 2014
ESIXLOVE:
sure. But it all depends on PHCN.
For my Area we dey enjoy lite like ant in a heap of sugar.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 5:31pm On Nov 14, 2014
shadyemmanuel:

For my Area we dey enjoy lite like ant in a heap of sugar.
well na enjoyment. Me i never see light today. Ö.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 5:32pm On Nov 14, 2014
** CONTINUATION **

DEDICATED to jaymomma

I rushed to her side and lifted her up, she had only a weak pulse left in her. I looked around for anything that would be of help but found non. All that greeted me were dead bodies scattered all over. By the time Fred and Johnbull got to the gate, I was out of it with Chioma in my arm. Her weight was telling on me but it was the least of my worries.
The thunders were on it again as they gave an angry rumble. Flashes of lightening were accompanied by heavy thunders. Then i prayed in my heart for rain.
Those rumblings continued for a while and stopped. As i walked deep into the woods, i heard Fred and Johnbull screaming my name in the dark. I contemplated within me whether to answer them or not.
Anyway I answered on the third call because i needee someone to share my burden with.
I dropped Chioma on the ground and waited for them to locate me.
There was a heavy thunder that lasted for about a minute and then came little droplets of rain. They called my name, this time around it sounded louder, which means that they were closer. I replied with all the energy left in my.

I tore my shirt and tied it round the wound to stop the blood that was flowing since i carried her. Initially, i was afraid of infecting the wound, but not anymore. My top priority was how to stop the bleeding.

" guy why you come leave us commot just like?, those guys wan take gun shots scatter person ear. " Johnbull asked holding in knee and panting.

" what's wrong with her? " Fred asked pointing to the Chioma that was still lying the floor. " She caught a bullet in her arm and has lost some blood in the process. " I replied in a hurry and purposely ignored Johnbull's question which i saw as insensitive.
The rain gathered momentum and before long the water was above our wrist.
I took her up in my hands and wept under the rain. My tears were falling because i felt incompetent under that circumstance. I looked at her face as she was in my hand and saw a tiny smile of hope on her face.
I lifted her on my shoulder as we began our journey. Not that We knew how to trace our way back to the main road, neither did we know wherer we were.
We walked on for hours and decided to rest. I was so drained and tired from carrying Chioma. Even though Fred offered to help, but i declined and carried it alone.
I didn't know when i slept off. I was woken up by the sound of someone screaming. Then i heard the a voice commanding.
" Nobody should move! " a short gun was pointed directly at my face.

TBC......
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by kingphilip(m): 5:37pm On Nov 14, 2014
he escaped I'm sure but I don't know about Chioma.. I just hope she's safe

nice one esixlove please do continue in no time
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by jaymomma(f): 6:33pm On Nov 14, 2014
ESIXLOVE:
** CONTINUATION **

DEDICATED to jaymomma

Thanks for d dedication luvie. cool
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 10:01pm On Nov 14, 2014
kingphilip:
he escaped I'm sure but I don't know about Chioma.. I just hope she's safe

nice one esixlove please do continue in no time
I will tomorrow. Thanks for the compliment.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 10:02pm On Nov 14, 2014
jaymomma:

Thanks for d dedication luvie. cool
you are most welcome.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by shadyemmanuel(m): 11:25am On Nov 18, 2014
Oga Esix........ Wia art thou, its 4 Days today, since we heard from u. Hope all is well
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 1:11pm On Nov 18, 2014
shadyemmanuel:
Oga Esix........ Wia art thou, its 4 Days today, since we heard from u. Hope all is well
i'm around sir. Just attending to one or two things.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 8:17am On Nov 19, 2014
goodmorning guys, Update dropping in a moment.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by Aipete2(f): 11:17am On Nov 19, 2014
ESIXLOVE:
goodmorning guys, Update dropping in a moment.
In a moment? #iffahear# Am waiting sha
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 4:06pm On Nov 19, 2014
Aipete2:
In a moment? #iffahear# Am waiting sha
you asked for it, you will get it.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 4:07pm On Nov 19, 2014
** CONTINUATION **

Dedicated to Aipete2

I rubbed my eyes as the sun rays caress my hard skin. The pains that i felt in the back of my head as i tried to sit up made me to scream, it was really excruciating. I really didn't know what was happening at that point in time cos the pains were unbearable. I felt someone's hand on my stomach, before i could figure out the owner of the hand, someone spoke from the doorway.
" you people don wake up already, make una sleep again. " He said in a hoarse voice. I guess He acquired it from chewing of tobacco.
I tried to speak but it seems the pain also affected my throat. I rest my head again on the wooden bed and did as the voice had instructed with that hand still placed on my stomach.

I was awaken by the noise of two people arguing, the hand that caressed me the first time i woke up was not there anymore. I lifted up my head slowly and sat up. The grumbling in my stomach made me to realise how much i've missed my food. I got up slowly and walked to the doorway and leaned my head on the frame. It was made of a round rough wood. For the first time i took a look at the surrounding.

There was a pot over a fire inside the hut. Close to where i slept. Little wonder i felt so warm when i woke up.
Someone was lying down on another wooden bed close to mine. There were dry leaves tied round the hut.
Whatever was inside the pot had a strong smell and was making me feel dizzy.
I drifted my attention back to the two people arguing outside the hut.

" you caused it all. "
" no way!, you and chuks are the cause of our predicament. The Two of you threw me into this mess. I gave my objections about that bus that we boarded in the first place. But you guys over ruled my objections, now see where it has landed us! "

" leave that thing!, let me tell if not that you introduced me to Jude answer Chuks I wouldnt have been in this mess now! ".
When i was tired of listening to their argument, i strolled back into the hut to take a look at the person that sleeping on the bed next to mine.

" Chioma!! " I screamed in excitement. She only turned and slept on her tommy. Then i started remembering what took place that led us to this place.

" Nobody should move! " a short gun was pointing directly at me. Even In the dark I could remember that face and figure. It was the person that was about shooting at Chioma before i knocked him off with my full swing.

I looked down at my feet and thanked God that Chioma was still breathing. Though she seemed like someone that would throw in the towel at any moment.
All you think that you can escape just like that. He said and gave a wicked grin. He had all his concentration on me forgetting the others. " you think that you can knock me out and get away with it. I don't think so. " he said still pointing the gun at me. I tried standing up. " don't move an inch! " he ordered. I obeyed without complaining.
From my side view i saw Fred sneaking behind him with a stick. I held my breathe and prayed silently that He will not turn back. With one swift swing, Fred released a full launch and missed landing it on my head instead. That was the last thing that i remembered as the earth became formless and void and darkness was upon the surface of the earth

I carefully approached the man because i was so sure that he was oblivious of my presence since he had his full attention on Chuks and Chioma. Fred started his own narration of the ordeal.

I lifted up the stick in my hands and was about bringing it down on his head when i missed my steps and landed it on Chuks instead.
The man was a bit startled by the incidence, but i guess having a weapon at ones disposal brings about a boldness that he ordinary did not possess. He turned and pointed the gun at me but got a sweep kick from Johnbull. He fell with his face to the ground and the gun fell off his hand.
Since it was still the early hours of the morning the forest wasn't too bright. If it were in the city, one would see things on the floor easily, but it was not the case with forest as the presence of tree canopies made it difficult for sun rays to penetrate and hit the ground. At that point my ears became my leader as dived to the place where i heard the sound of the gun dropping. It was as if he anticipated my move and also dived in that direction. I got to the gun before him. Before i could lay hold of the gun properly, he gave me an upper cut. I groan in pains.

I was still on the ground in pains when I heard the sound of a gun shot. I turned to see the man and Johnbull lying on the ground...

TBC.....
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by Aipete2(f): 6:22pm On Nov 19, 2014
Thanks dear for the dedication n update

1 Like

Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by kingphilip(m): 8:58am On Nov 20, 2014
following esixlove
spare them alive please
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by codedbaby(f): 7:58pm On Nov 22, 2014
moreeeeee. more ink to your pen
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 8:11am On Nov 25, 2014
Aipete2:
Thanks dear for the dedication n update
you're most welcome.
kingphilip: following esixlove
spare them alive please
it's not for me to decide. It all to the story line. Just keep your finger cross.
codedbaby: moreeeeee. more ink to your pen
thanks but i think you should be praying for Phcn to restore power.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply)

Saved By Amnesia / Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos) / Of All The Girls In Lagos (story By John Spurgeon)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.