Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,195 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:28 AM

>>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) - Literature (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) (64115 Views)

The Real Heroes Of 2015...To Those Who Have Fallen & Those Who Still Burn(pics) / Continuation of "FALLEN" Photol Novel Uploaded A Love Story by browngarri / The Angele Of The Fallen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by shadyemmanuel(m): 6:22pm On Jan 07, 2015
ESIXLOVE:
Wow!' happy 2015 guys. So good to be back online.
Wia u dey since, me tink say mods don Ban u, coz unfair Barning of members is nw d order of d day on Nairaland....... Meanwhile Nice to have u back, waiting for d first update of d year.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 11:43pm On Jan 07, 2015
shadyemmanuel:

Wia u dey since, me tink say mods don Ban u, coz unfair Barning of members is nw d order of d day on Nairaland....... Meanwhile Nice to have u back, waiting for d first update of d year.
that's right because " HATMF " is taking a new dimension from tomorrow.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 1:19pm On Jan 10, 2015
Was having problem with my BB.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 10:38pm On Jan 10, 2015
Tomorrow I will drop an update after service.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 11:12pm On Jan 11, 2015
Continuation....

Dedicated to all my fans....

The knock on the door brought Ada back from her dream world. She was sleeping with her jeans on since she slept off reading the book in her hands, the book was lying peacefully beside her on the bed.
The pains she felt in the neck as she tried to spin her neck towards the direction of the clock made her realised that she must have used the wrong posture while sleeping.

The knock came again this time it was a bit hard as it seemed the person or persons standing in the door was were in a hurry to get inside the room. She grudgingly lifted her frame from the bed towards the door and opened it without pausing to check who was it that was knocking at that time of the night.

She moved two steps backward in shock as the sight that was before her wasn't a pleasant one after all. Standing on the doorway were her two friends Nkechi and Abigail looking like people that just escaped from the dungeon, they were shivering from the cold outside.
" what happened? " she asked stepping aside for them to enter. Just then the clock struck 2am in the morning as she closed the door after them waiting for their answer. The two girls went to their bunk and started searching for clothes to replace the one that was torn.
" you girls are not talking! What went wrong? " she asked again not being able to cup her curiosity.
" the party went wrong. " Abigail replied after about fifteen minutes, she was fully dressed and curled herself in her corner. " what happened at the party? " she pressed further sitting beside Abigail. " I don't want to talk about it. " Abigail replied and changed her position, this time she laid on her mattress and dragged the blanket over her head. Ada quickly switched to Nkechi who had not said anything since they came back to see if she can get any information from her.
" NK what really went wrong at the party? " she asked softly but the Nkechi just sat there mute and stared blankly into the empty space in front of her.

" fine! If you guys don't want to talk I'm going to sleep, I don't even know why I'm bothering myself about this after all I warned you guys about the party! " she barked and went to lie on her mattress.

TBC
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 11:17pm On Jan 11, 2015
Guys I know that the update is short, I was just too busy today I just had to drop something.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by shadyemmanuel(m): 8:16am On Jan 12, 2015
ESIXLOVE:
Guys I know that the update is short, I was just too busy today I just had to drop something.
tanx for d update...... Waiting for more.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 4:15pm On Jan 12, 2015
Continuation...

Chuks woke up with a banging in his head, he was feeling weak and dizzy, he pressed his head against the pillow to sleep some more but the pains was just too much to bear. He crawled out of his bed frustrated and tried to locate the candle stand in the pitch darkness. He kicked over an object and fell down knocking off all the items that were on the reading table.
" bush! " he cursed under his breathe moving his hands over the scattered items on the floor looking for two things in particular, he found one after a while and hived a sigh of relief. He lite a match and located the candle that was lying peacefully at the far end of the room. He located the card of panadol extra that he kept in his drawer and took three tablets from it, when he came back from the kitchen where he went to water with which to swallow the tablets, he noticed a white paper that was neatly folded and pushed in from outside through the opening between the door and the frame.

His heartbeat could be heard in a million miles away from the room as he carefully approached the door. He retrieve the paper from the door and opened it carefully with his pulse raising with each fold that is being turned.

He blinked his eyes seventeen times in a second to clear his head and confirmed if he was seeing clearly or the headache had affected his sight.
He turned the back of the paper and looked at it to see if anything was written on it but it was blank. He turned it over again and carefully consumed the content without missing out any detail.

He folded the paper in the same pattern and carefully placed it in the pocket of his jacket and sat down on his mattress. His head and heart were on a contest of who would beat the loudest drum.
He reached for his bag that was lying on the floor beside the bed to search for his phone when he recalled that the men from the underworld striped them of their possessions in the bus with the phone not left out, " bloody hell! " he cursed under his breathe and bowed his head trying to find an answer to the puzzle that was thrown at him.

He reached for his jacket and pull out the paper again, he unfolded it and looked at it to see if he could derived any meaning from it but the banging in his head had tripled leaving him with a blank thought as he stared into the paper that was before him.

" bloody hell! " he cursed again, this was his slogan anytime things were beyond his comprehension. " this would've been Jude's favourite moment if the bastard had not gone out with that bitch of a girl, he always know what to do in situations like this. Damn him for putting me into this mess! " he barked and stood to where the card of panadol extra was lying on the table and extracted three more tablets and walked to the kitchen to get water.

By the time he came back, another neatly folded paper was waiting for him, this time it was placed under the door with seventy percent of it already inside.

" holy Moses! " he whistled in shock and stood there staring at the paper with opened mouth.

" what the hell is this! " He almost screamed when gathered enough courage to pick up the paper and open it. Written boldly on it were the same thing written on the previous one.

He looked at the clock adjacent to where he was standing, the pendulum of the clock was swinging lazily like a pregnant woman who was having a hard time walking on a hot afternoon, the time was 2:10am in the morning.

He thought of running to the next hostel where John bull and Fred were sharing a lodge but changed his mind on the account that if he steps out of the room that will give his foe or foes the opportunity to capture him.
The thought of walking into harm's way scared the daylight out of him. " how did I get myself into the mess? " he lamented. " two paper bearing the same message, delivered in one night to a single person is enough warning for one to ignore. " he added rubbing the back of his neck, the worst part was that his head was not doing anything to encouraging him.

He quietly went to his mattress to rest his sorry ass and think of something to get him out of his present predicament, before he knew what was happening the warm arms of sleep patted him on the back giving him a sweet sensation as he dozed off.

He was woken up by a hand tapping him on his leg, he sluggishly raised his head and what followed after that was mystery even to Chuks himself, how he disappeared from the bed and appear in the kitchen was a miracle.
There was someone on a black Mafia suit in the room.

TBC
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 5:15pm On Jan 12, 2015
shadyemmanuel:
tanx for d update...... Waiting for more.
ok sir updates will get better as the days go by.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by D9ty7(m): 10:51am On Jan 13, 2015
Nairaland writers go all length to satisfy we the readers and it is very painful to see that these readers are not being appreciated for what they do. Its not like they depend on our encouragement, but they deserve it. And now someone who God has blessed and wanted to help people with the little he has with the help of Princes.a has decided to give a sum of #5000 to a writer every month, a #500 recharge card to the writer who updates consistently in a month. And also 20% of the #5000 to the best upcoming writer.
All you have to do is vote, vote and vote.
Proceedures for voting.
1. Click on this link; https://www.nairaland.com/newpost?topic=1804027
2. Cast your vote in this format;
i. BEST NEWCOMER
Mr XXXXXXX
ii. BEST WRITER OF THE MONTH
a. Miss XOXXX
b. Mrs OXXXX
c. Prof COXXX.
Note: In the newcomer category, three writers are being considered for the month of January, they are;
Touchmeder, Kinwayne and Thronekid. You can only vote for one of them.

Also, in the best writer category, you can always vote for three writers. There are over fifty writers on Nairaland, give them your votes and help them win #5000. Its a token right? We all know, but at least they can use it in subscribing their phones and Laptops just to keep you entertained.
Below are the writers who can not be voted for in the best writer category;
1. Pri.ncesa
2. Sa.mmyhoe
3. Te.mitopeDaniel
4. Au.dreyTimms
5. D.9ty7
6. Roy.ver
7. Dive.pen
8. The.Rock5555
The writers mentioned above cannot win the best writer, not because they are not yet eighteen, but because they have won it before. So vote for the numerous other talented writers that are yet to win this prize and see wonders.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 10:08pm On Jan 13, 2015
Sorry guys for the unavailability of update today which was due to the tight schedule that embraced me today. Tomorrow will be better.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 1:39pm On Jan 14, 2015
COOKING UPDATE @ THE MOMENT.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by shadyemmanuel(m): 7:13pm On Jan 14, 2015
Chai!!....update don burn for fire.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 7:57pm On Jan 14, 2015
shadyemmanuel:
Chai!!....update don burn for fire.
hahahaha , e never burn o kerosene been
Finish for stove.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 10:05pm On Jan 14, 2015
Continuation...

Ada tried to cover her face as the the sun ray penetrated the room giving her a soft caress that she considered to be uncomfortable, her eyes were still heavy with sleep as she turned her back to the direction of the rays.

Nkechi was still sleeping peacefully at her corner of the room with an unconscious frown on her face, the symmetry of her flawed pointed nose was almost visible from the side view.

She was still on her make up of the previous night as she was to upset to wash it off because of the incident that took place at the party.

That night she had made a strong resolution not attend night parties again in her entire stay on campus not to talk of the ones organised by total strangers.

Abigail was the only that was awake in the room, she staggered towards the kitchen in search of something to eat to appease the hungry living organisms that were staging a riot inside her stomach.
Her nightgown was almost sweeping the dirty floor of the
kitchen, she looked around the kitchen for the left over of the bread that they bought the previous night, but it was nowhere in sight, it seems that someone with the same motive had visited the kitchen before her.

She opened the cupboard to check for garri that she can soak to quench and restore order to her stomach. She found a little inside the garri container that was in the cupboard, " your grace lord! " she whispered to herself as she located a plate and a spoon and sat down to boost her energy.

By 10:45am the three girls were busying themselves with the domestic chores as it was a Saturday morning, you know that Africa has an unwritten code of doing domestic chores on Saturday morning, failure to do that will result to one being viewed as a lazy bone.

Abigail was given the kitchen floor to mop, dishes to wash and the general cleaning of the kitchen.
Nkechi was the one in charge of cleaning the room and removing the available cobwebs from all nooks and corners of the room including the ceiling, and she was the one assigned to cook the meal after Abigail was done with the kitchen.
Ada on the other hand was to wash all the clothes including the bedsheets, a chores that she distaste so much but was trapped in it since they were operating on a rotational system of chores allocation.

By 12:48pm the girls sat down to eat their meal of beans and ripe plantain in a big bowl. Half way into the food, Ada brought up the topic of the party. She slowly placed her spoon on the bowl, the handle touching the floor while the mouth leaned on the bowl and cleared her throat, " NK baby what really happened last night? " she dropped the bombshell and looked up at her friends. The two girls exchanged a glance and looked away.
" what is it that the two of you are hiding? You guys came back yesterday at that odd hour looking like two people that escaped from the psychiatric hospital and you two don't want me to know what made you to come back that way? " she asked with her voice taking crescendo.

" it's a long story. " Nkechi replied bowing her head as the events of the previous day came flooding her mind.
" start from somewhere my dear friend. " Ada encouraged.

" I never knew that what started as being sweet would end up being sour. " she started narrating the events that surrounded the party.

After we entered the lexus and zoomed off, we arrived at the party ground in less than thirty minutes and met the place a bit scanty for my liking, I guess that was the first sign that something was out of place but I choose to ignore it and have fun, was it not fun that I went there for in the first place?
We settled down in a corner with one of his friend coming to join us there, the guy was already drooled in alcohol when we arrived.

" girls you guys should feel at ease, the party has not yet started that's why the guest are few,
We just have to relax and have fun while waiting for the arrival of some of the guests. " He said in a low tone somewhat like a whisper.

The smell of alcohol in his breathe was so irritating that I almost poked. We ordered for two bottles of Smirnoff ice to chill out and ease the tension. He excused himself to go and get the drinks personally, that move triggered a sense of security in me, I think that Abigail was having the same feeling because of the way she looked at me.

Moments later he returned with two bottles of chilled Smirnoff ice in his hands and placed it in front of us. I noticed that the drink was already opened and remembered that one of the lecture we received at the prevention of rape campaign ( PRC ) organised by the school was not to drink any drink that had been opened especially at a night party.

We collected the drinks and placed it on the small table that was in front of us and started a conversation, meanwhile Felix was just sitting there watching as his noisy friend which we later discovered his name to be James, which his friends converted to James bond hovering around us like a hen over her chicken.
After a while both of them excused themselves and went out, we ceased that opportunity to pour the drinks away and kept the bottles back on the table.
When the came back I could see the smile on their faces as they saw the empty bottles just in front of us.
It was by 12:30 that it dawned on us that we've partied ourselves into danger as the place was almost empty by that time save for two or three persons that were still available.
Then we told them that it was high time we left the place, they agreed to drive us home as we've earlier planned. As we got closer to the car, they suddenly gripped us and started pulling us towards a very dark corner, I started protesting and struggling to free myself from his grip but it was too strong a hand for me. I tried to screamed but he used his strong hands to cover my mouth.
He pinned me to the ground and wrapped his legs round me, before I knew what was happening he had tore my bra shirt and my bra and was about going for my undies when I gave a bite of his lifetime.

He let go of me and cried out in pains. His crazy friend was struggling with Abigail's bra when out of nowhere a car flashed his head lamp towards our direction, that was the distraction that we needed at that time as the two fools ran in one direction while we used the other one.

TBC..

1 Like

Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 10:08pm On Jan 14, 2015
The food don ready.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by shadyemmanuel(m): 10:22pm On Jan 14, 2015
ESIXLOVE:
The food don ready.
Nice update, plenty ingriedents dey dis food
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by kingphilip(m): 10:34pm On Jan 14, 2015
ESIXLOVE Great updates n welcome back can u please do a recap? I can't just remember the others
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by Psalmwise(m): 11:16pm On Jan 14, 2015
Guy ah tink say u dn forgt dis story ni....we'll tank God u remember
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 7:18am On Jan 15, 2015
shadyemmanuel:

Nice update, plenty ingriedents dey dis food
I no fit shout o! Good morning sir.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 7:20am On Jan 15, 2015
kingphilip:
ESIXLOVE Great updates n welcome back can u please do a recap? I can't just remember the others
I'm on it sir.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 7:22am On Jan 15, 2015
Psalmwise:
Guy ah tink say u dn forgt dis story ni....we'll tank God u remember
welcome sir. Hopefully I should be done with this story by the end of this month or early the next month.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by Nobody: 11:22am On Jan 15, 2015
Hello everyone its smartshadow. I am currently using a friends nairaland account
Some of you might have read my novel(complicated desire).
Well thanks to the wise and mature minded moderators(and truly I say this with the highest level of sarcasm there is), I have been banned from this section and my work has been moved to sexuality section.
I must say that I wasn't by any means warned or alerted about this decision
It pains my heart because not only have I invested valuable time in writing this book, but there are nairalanders who have been following, supporting and enjoying my work.

It goes to show that its not everyone who can use a computer that actually has common sense.
I am in no way going to continue writing the novel because what inspired me to write in the first place was because I wanted to share in the intelligence and talent of writers and readers in this section.

So to everyone that has encouraged my work and who have been supportive, I say a big thank you.

Samsondavid Harkanbi Calmdove Viktoh kwencypresh bookj estellar12 Costlybabe Vickthoriah prettydiva89 Elparaiso Elzicks paperlord007 Rapmoney Tiffanyj amenna ayodijex ESIXlOVE

And @ Op. I am so so sorry for derailing your lovely thread
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 12:28am On Jan 16, 2015
** STORY SO FAR **

Jude and his committee of friend are always into one trouble or another.

Jude was with his girlfriend Sade when an argument broke out that made Sade to walk out on jude while the former followed closely.

That led to Sade being involved in an accident. Those that knocked her down left her there to die , while Jude took to his heel because of fear but was later persuaded by his friend Chuks to come back.

On their arrival at the scene, they discovered that the body was no where to be found.

While they were still contemplating on the issue, they were apprehended by the ' man o war ' that were on patrol because of the recent activities by various cult group in the school.

They later escaped after giving them false informations on their data.

Jude was later visited by a strange girl and was declare missing after two weeks has passed.

This led to the DPO of the divisional head quarter inviting his friends for questioning.

On their way to the police station, they boarded a bus that unknown to them was filled with ritualist.

Many things occurred in the course of the journey that landed them in a thick forest instead of their intended destination.

But the managed to escape and trace their way back to school but not without a story to tell.

Due to their failure to appear at the station, the DPO was forced to send some of his men to the school.

On their arrival, further mysteries were unveiled. The HOD of physics department was found in his office in the pool of his blood with a knife driven into his body.

Emergency units soon showed up and took him to the school's teaching hospital.

The arrival of the Three missing guys raised some dust in the school. But they were too weak to speak , so they were taken to the teaching hospital for medication.

Three girls in their hostel engaged in an argument that led to two of them confronting each, which in turn led to fight that led to one of them being hurt and passed out.

Chief and Mrs Jones are the parents of Ada, more saga is about to unfold since Mrs Jones is the stepmother to Ada and is having an extra marital affair with her boyfriend. On one occasion as she was on her way to see her boyfriend she decided to pick a bite at a fast food and ran into a girl whose face looked familiar but she couldn't recalls how she came about the face.

Although Ada acknowledged the apology from her friend Abigail when they returned from the hospital, she still swore to have her revenge on her.
Nkechi and Abigail met some guys at the canteen who tried to strike a conversation with them of which they turned down. They later received a call from one of the guys inviting them to a party that night of which they accepted but the party went sour as the guys tried to rape them both.

Sade is back but she's yet to tell her story of how she managed to survive the accident.

The whereabout of Jude is still unknown as nobody has surface with any information regarding his whereabout.

Chuks woke up in the night to see two folded paper tucked in his door with an inscription but he choose to ignore it and continue his sleep. He was later woken up by a tap on his leg from someone that was putting on a Black mafian suit.

NOW....

" what's the current update on the assignment that I gave to you boys? " chief Jones asked with his face still studying some files that were on his table.

" chief we've cleared the mess and buried the dead. " Biggy replied with his head bowed, looking at the chief in the face could be deadly.

" what about Rattle Snake? " Chief asked raising his head from the files that he was studying.

" he was caught in the crossfire sir, we've buried him alongside the rest sir. " Biggy replied with a hoarse voice, he was a fan of weed, According to him weed makes one to connect with the spirit world.

" this kind of mess shouldn't repeat itself again, have I made myself clear! "

" yes sir! "

" you can leave now, tell sniper see me on your way out, that's all for now and keep me posted. " chief replied and buried his head in the files that he was studying.
Biggy turned to leave the office and walked like a defeated soldier towards the door.
" No mistakes this time or I will kill you by myself! " chief called out to him. " incompetent fools! " He added.
Biggy exited the office without looking back or saying a word, one thing was on his mind, ' this time I will be merciless! " he thought aloud and twisted his nose.

" Chief Biggy said that you sent for me sir. " chief lifted up his face to see Sniper standing before him with his face bowed.

" how is the assignment that I gave to you going? " He asked focusing his full attention on sniper.

" sir I've been running a surveillance on your wife sir and these are my findings sir. " Sniper said bringing out a file from his briefcase and placed it on the table in front of chief.

Chief examined the file very well before opening it. He brought out some photographs of his wife hugging a young guy in front of restaurant, He brought out another set of photographs this time she was kissing the same guy in another restaurant.
There was a memory card in the file containing some conversations that they've recorded, He inserted the memory into his phone and grabbed his Bluetooth device.

" I have been keeping my own side of the bargain but you're not fulfilling yours. ' Don't say that, you know that it's not true, it just that chief was delaying the money but I extracted a cheque from him today. I went to the bank to cash the money but had to leave because of what I witness. " chief pressed the pause button on his screen and looked away towards the open window of his five storied office.

" I want a comprehensive data on this bastard! And I want every step that he takes to be monitored. " chief said still looking away.

" chief I have already ran a check on him, it's in this file. " Sniper replied bringing out another file from his brief case. " He's a student of Uniport studying mass com. " He added.

" you can drop the file and leave now, keep an eagle's view on him, I will tell you when I want him dead. " Chief said with a bit of sadness in his voice as he looked away.
Sniper smiled and exited the office, his contract had just been extended. " this is what I love doing! Tracking people! " He whistled to himself.

" so this is where this woman has being spending my money! " Chief sat hand akimbo as he pressed the resume button.

TBC..
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 2:12pm On Jan 16, 2015
Hmmm empty thread, I really don't know if I should continue.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by Chrisx1x(m): 2:18pm On Jan 16, 2015
ESIXLOVE:
Hmmm empty thread, I really don't know if I should continue.
thread isnt empty.many are silently reading.pls ride on
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 4:42pm On Jan 16, 2015
Chrisx1x:
thread isnt empty.many are silently reading.pls ride on
thanks Bro, I'm cooking up something, update will come later in the night, I'm committed to rounding up this story before mid February even if nobody reads it.

1 Like

Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by Calmdove(f): 7:48pm On Jan 16, 2015
I dey here oo... weldone Esixlove
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 10:38pm On Jan 16, 2015
continuation.......

" guy! What are we doing in this uncompleted building? " Chuks tried to enquire from the person that had tapped him from his dream earlier that very morning.
Up to that moment he couldn't believe his eyes, the person that was standing before him was the least person that he had expected to see at that very moment.
When He saw that folded paper tucked into his door hole he had opened it to check what was written on it. He was so shock to find written on it in a block form the very words that is capable of shaking even the bravest of heart. The words we're written with a red ink and it states " LEAVE HERE AT ONCE IF YOU WANT TO LIVE!!! "

He wanted to scream back then but kicked against it and formed the brave one, but when the second one came with the same inscription he knew that it wasn't a joking matter. But non of them could be compared to how frightened he was when someone tapped him on his leg in the room that he locked personally couple with the events that took place earlier on.
He taught that his end had finally arrived but providence played on as it turned out that his saviour had just woken him up to rescue and to save him from his present predicament.

He peeped from the kitchen to see who the person was that had tapped him from his humble sleep and ' how did this fellow managed to come inside? " he thought as he peeped through the opening in the kitchen door.

The figure looked familiar but he couldn't face the face as the person was wearing a face cap. The candlelight was almost burning out, he forgot to put off the candle before going back to bed.

" Chuky C! " the person called out in a voice that was somewhere in-between whispering and command.
Chuks' ears stood up to salute as soon as he heard his pet name and there only one person that can call the name that way. " amazing! " he thought aloud, " I just have to find out if it's what I think it is. " He concluded within himself before calling out to the stranger.

" JT the second! " he called out from his hiding place.
" that's me Bro. ". JT replied in affirmation with his hands spread out like an eagle that's about to fly.

" I can't believe this! " Chuks replied coming out of his hiding place. The two locked themselves in a warm embrace for couple of minutes, they've clearly missed each other for the past six weeks that had gone by.

" my god! Look at you! I mean you're looking good. " Chuks said trying to catch his breathe as he disengage from the tight embrace.

" Chuky C you have to lower your voice it's the dead of the night and so many things are not just straight right now. " JT the second replied in a cold tone.
" leave that thing, you know how...... " JT the second covered Chuks' mouth before he could conclude his speech.
" now listen to me carefully, I came here to rescue you from an upcoming danger, I sent you those you folded papers warning you to escape for your life but when I saw that you made to effort to leave, I had to reveal myself. Nobody knows that I'm here and the less people that knows about it the better. I've been on the run for more than three weeks since I escaped. They are coming for you that's why I had to warn you.
We must leave this place before 4am this morning if not the unexpected will happen. " JT the second whispered to Chuks and made sure that the words sank into him before he released his gripped.

" that explains the mystery of the folded paper but I don't understand what you're saying about them coming for me, and who do you refer to as ' them ', what do they want from me? " Chuks asked trying to clear the clouds that have covered his imagination.

" you will not understand now but we just have to leave here now, I will explain everything to you as soon as we get to somewhere safe. It's already 3:30am take what you need and let us get out of this place before these guys get to this place. " JT replied looking at his digital wristwatch watch that had an LED light that enables someone to check that time anytime regardless of the brightness of the surrounding.

Chuks grabbed a pair of jeans trouser and a black polo, he brought out his wallet containing some amount of money. He removed his jacket from the small hanger and put it on to prevent cold. He put on a flat canvas and brought out a small dagger from his box.

" you will surely need it. " JT commented as soon as he saw the dagger.
" I've not used it before, my cousin gave it to me some time ago. " Chuks replied as he looked around for his phone. " damn the bastards! " he cursed remembering that his phone was not with him.

" are you sure about what you're saying? And how are we going to escape the school securities? " He asked walking towards the door.

" the same way they will get to you if you stay. " JT the second replied following closely behind.

They locked the door and took the stairs silently like a cat walking in the dark, when they got the entrance of the hostel, they looked around and saw they security men sleeping peacefully on duties. " bloody fools! " JT the second cursed.

They sneaked behind them and passed walking towards the open field that leads to the main road. They walked inside the gutter until they reached the main gate.

The men at the gate were not sleeping in fact they were very much alert. " what do we do now? " Chuks whispered a bit worried that things might go wrong for both of them.
" you watch and see. " JT the second replied picking up a stone from the gutter, He threw it in the opposite direction creating a deploy for their main location.
Two of the security men went to check out what was happening at that end and took their touch with them leaving the third one in a black out.

JT the second and Chuks sneaked quietly towards the gate and climbed over the fence just in time before the two men came back.

" what was that? " they heard the security man that was standing asking his colleagues. " I think that it must have been two rats chasing themselves. " one of them replied.

After that JT the second and Chuks found themselves in that uncompleted building.

" You've not told me why you choose to bring me to this uncompleted building! " Chuks asked JT the second who was looking out of the window at that time.

" if I were you I wouldn't raise my voice that high, someone is coming towards this place. " JT the second replied bending down and crawling towards the other exit.

TBC...
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 10:39pm On Jan 16, 2015
Calmdove:
I dey here oo... weldone Esixlove
thanks ma.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by kingphilip(m): 12:28am On Jan 17, 2015
esixlove ride on

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply)

Saved By Amnesia / Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos) / Of All The Girls In Lagos (story By John Spurgeon)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.