Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,005 members, 7,821,524 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

>>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) - Literature (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) (64320 Views)

The Real Heroes Of 2015...To Those Who Have Fallen & Those Who Still Burn(pics) / Continuation of "FALLEN" Photol Novel Uploaded A Love Story by browngarri / The Angele Of The Fallen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by shadyemmanuel(m): 6:10am On Jan 17, 2015
tnx for d update sir....... Patiently waiting for anoda meal today,
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 8:47am On Jan 17, 2015
kingphilip:
esixlove ride on
I surely need some fuel, thanks sir.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 8:49am On Jan 17, 2015
shadyemmanuel:
tnx for d update sir....... Patiently waiting for anoda meal today,
wait for it Bro, it will come later at night, my schedule is a bit tight today.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by Chrisx1x(m): 1:11pm On Jan 17, 2015
Nice job.waiting for the next update
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 12:22am On Jan 18, 2015
I sincerely apologise for not updating today, it was due to the task that was set before me.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 7:24pm On Jan 19, 2015
Update comes by 11pm stay tune!
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 11:33pm On Jan 19, 2015
Continuation....

" you fool! Was that what I asked you to do? "

" I don't understand! " Felix fired back.

" I asked you to beat that Abigail for me but you and your stupid friend went to rape them. "

" oh! I thought you wanted to talk about something better not knowing that you came to talk trash! " Felix replied in a mocking tone.

" you dare call my words trash? "

" isn't it obvious that you are not making sense! " He answered sarcastically making a face at her.
" just wait for them to report you to the authority then we will know whose life and career will be trashed. " she threatened.

" you think that you can come here and threaten me with life and career talks! Look here Ada, if I go down you will go down with me. I will tell the whole school that you paid us to molest your friend. " the explosive look on his face will tell that he wasn't joking.

" Felix you seem to forget who my father is, we will see whose report that they will believe, by the time the two girls will testify against you, your small brain will begin to recall how you came into the world. " she mocked with a wicked grin on her face.

" I'm not afraid of your threats, as a matter of fact we attempted to rape your friends but this one won't be an attempt! " with that he charged towards her and grabbed her by the wrist an pulled her towards his huge body.
He pinned her to the ground and started tearing her clothes.

She wanted to scream but the hand that he used to cover her mouth made it almost impossible for her to do so. She struggled to free herself and that also proved to be a futile adventure.
He was half was to her pant when she felt a bottle by the side which Felix had used earlier on and smashed it on his head.
He gave a wild scream and disengage himself from her. He held his head as blood started gushing out of the cut that she created from the hit.
She used that opportunity to gain her ground and took to her heel with her cloths torn.

Abigail and Nkechi were playing card on their bed when the door opened with a force of about a thousand Newton and Ada rushed in only stopping at her bunk to catch her breathe.
The two girls sat speechless watching their friend breathing as if the just concluded a cross country marathon race.

" Ada what's the matter? This one that you just burst in here like someone that is being chased by a wild ghost. " it was Nkechi that spoke while Abigail went outside to see the person or persons that were after her friend, when she was satisfied that no one was after her friend, she came back into the room.

" babe why are you looking all worn out and spent, who did this to you? " Abigail asked as she noticed that her friend's clothes had been tampered with. They circled her as she buried her face in her mattress and gave a soft sob.

" why did I have to do it! " she was saying to herself
" did what? " Abigail and Nkechi asked her in unison but she kept talking to herself instead of replying them.
" you girls should leave me alone! " she barked at them and continued her sobbing only that this time it was louder than before.
The two girls returned to their card when they saw that she wasn't ready to talk to anyone.

" see you're the one that always ignite the fire in my waist, don't mind that one that calls himself chief, he doesn't know how to do anything, his own is too drink and party with his friends and then come home with his big body to come and lie on me, before one minute he will pour everything out and afterwards sleep like a log of wood. "
" that is why you have to give me the money, you know that I need enough money to take care of myself and get excess energy to service you properly. "
" as soon as I cash the money I will credit your account or would you like to come with me to the bank? "
" no! That will be too risky, you are the one that said that it's risky when we go out to gather in public. "
" ya, that's true. Let's go two more rounds that will last me till next week. "

Chief stopped the recorder that he was listening to, that was the fourth time he was listening to the recording in the memory card that Sniper handed over to him, he still couldn't believe the fact that his wife would be seeing another person not to talk of all the things that she said in the recorder.
" so this is where this woman normally divert to every Friday and she will say that she's going for council. I can see the resultant effect of the councils that she has being receiving, ' fire in her waist! ' " chief muttered to himself as he brought out the other file that contained the data of the guy that was helping him to perform his duty.
" I will frustrate this boy and make him wish that he never saw the light of the day when he was born. He will be the one to wish for death and death will be far from him. " he said picking up his phone to call one of his friend occupying a top position in uniport.

" by the time I am through with you this little rat you will know that the child that tells his father proverbs must live to pay his father's debts. " he said waiting for the line to connect.

TBC...
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by kingphilip(m): 6:58am On Jan 20, 2015
you will know that the child that tells his father proverbs must live to pay his father's debts."

esixlove which proverb come be dis one again

nice updates keep doing what u know hw to do best
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 7:59am On Jan 20, 2015
kingphilip:
you will know that the child that tells his father proverbs must live to pay his father's debts."

esixlove which proverb come be dis one again

nice updates keep doing what u know hw to do best
when a child starts telling his father proverbs that means that the child is now wiser than his father, so he should take over the responsibility of the father.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 2:14pm On Jan 20, 2015
Where them dey o! Update don land!
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 2:18pm On Jan 20, 2015
Continuation...

Before Chuks could fathom what JT the second was saying the three fierce looking guys were almost twenty metres to where he was. by this time JT the second had almost reached the other exit as he waved at his friend to join him at the other side of the entrance.

Chuks rolled on the dusty ground towards where his friend was, the speed with which he disappeared at the other entrance was nothing short of amazing, if not that JT the second knew him before now he would have taught that Chuks practised martial art.

As the two guys settled themselves behind the wall of the uncompleted building, they listened as the footsteps drew closer. They held their breathe and closed their eyes waiting for the worst to happen. They had their fates in their hands.
Some few metres to where they were hiding behind the wall the fierce looking guys suddenly stopped on their track in the room that Chuks and JT the second had occupied earlier on.

They guys looked around for where to sit and saw some blocks that were kept by the previous sets of hoodlums that came to smoke weed.
" oboy this place set die! " one of the guys said in a hoarse voice that had been destroyed by many years of smoking weed.
" Na so e be o, in fact this place go good for bleep and gambling, na to just position the babe for wall begin dey nak am from back. " the second guys replied dusting the block to sit down.
" guy bring the igbo out make we begin dey draw am dey go! " the third guy said in a harsh tone. From the boldness in his voice one would deduced that he is the leader of the trio.

They brought out some wraps of weed from their pockets and laid it on the floor for evaluation and confirmation. One of the guys was still searching his pocket as if his life depended on it, it wasn't clear to the rest what the guy was still looking for since the wraps of weed that they acquired were complete, realisation soon dawn on them that the very equipment necessary for the commencement of the weed smoking was missing.

" guy! I hope say no be the lighter Wey we wan take light the igbo you dey look for so? " the third guy asked the other one that was the smallest in their circle of three.
" senior man e be like say I don forget that lighter for Abuja. " he replied knowing the implication of losing a precious commodity in the weed smokers association. That on it's own can cause him to loose one wrap of his ration of the weed, and that he is not ready to part with.
" not today! " the brushed aside the thought of loosing his fair share of the weed aside.

" Abeg senior man make I run go Abuja go bring am come. " he pleased.
" Na only two minutes I give you to go bring am. " the senior man replied impatiently.

The guy zoomed in the same direction that Chuks and JT the second were hiding but due to the urgency of the task that was set before him the figures behind him went unnoticed as he climbed over the fence and landed on the other side.

The guy used all the speed that he could employ, he ran faster than some cars and soon reached his destination, " ABUJA. "
Abuja as they popularly nicknamed the place by the hoodlums and members of the weed smokers association( WSA ) in the area was a piece of abandoned land that had not be used by the owner for ages that was converted to a hide out for members of WSA and hoodlums in the area. They carry out all manner of activities in the area ranging from smoking, defecating and urinating to eating, sleeping and bullying.
It was also rumoured that any girl that ventured
Into Abuja can never come out as a virgin.

As he landed in Abuja he went straight to where he sat down before he received the call from senior man for him to bring the weeds that they sent him to go and fetch. He searched the area for the lighter but it seemed that his luck had gone on vacation. The guy placed his to hands on his head as he scanned the environment looking for any available lighter to steal.
He sighted one under a wooden chair that was at the far end of the area. He smiled as he walked towards the item, and just as he was about taking the lighter, the owner emerged from the bush where he went to eased himself.

" shey na you they always come dey thief my lighter, today I don catch you oya catch ground as I dey talk to you! " the owner of the lighter ordered with a voice is very popular in the motor parks.
" ah! Oga Don no vex, I been no know say na you get the lighter. " the guy pleased as he laid on the ground as instructed by Don.

" today I go show you say to collect Don thing no good! " Don replied looking around for anything that will serve as a tool for beating the hell out of the guy that had ventured into his den. He located a two by four inched plank and landed it on the guy that was lying on the ground.
The guy gave a loud cry and took to his heels after collecting the lighter. Don wanted to chase after him but decided against it.
" I go catch you again for this Abuja wey we dey so! " Don called to him as he disappeared into the bush.

" Na only Abuja wey this boy go na im e never return till now. " the second guy looked away over the window, he had been in this position since the third guy went to go and retrieve the lighter from where he left it at Abuja.

" that boy head dey always touch! " senior man replied, he was also growing impatient as he eyed the weed that was before him. " mehn this one na case of ' some have weed but cannot smoke ' " he thought aloud.

" make a waka go outside go check Whether e dey come for road. " the second guy said and walked away towards the entrance of the building. " nna I don hold this pees for long make I go pees am " senior man said and moved in the direction with the second guy.

Meanwhile Chuks and JT the second were listening to all their conversations. They came out from hiding behind the wall and tiptoed to where the wraps of weed were and took everything. They three guys had thought that they were the only ones in the uncompleted building so they left their weed unprotected, unknown to them was the fact that they were just guest at the building that the main landlords were hiding somewhere.

They tiptoed back to their hiding place and settled down comfortably. " oboy if that guy use this direction come back Na I'm be say e go see us, make we change position. " JT the second suggested. With that they tiptoed to the back of the building and hid themselves in the overgrown grasses which provided a good covering for they.

They had barely settled down when the third guy climbed over the fence and entered the building the same way that he left. His back was aching but he consoled himself in the fact that he came back with a lighter. As the entered the building and sat down on his block panting from the marathon race that he just concluded trying to escape from Don.

" the Idiot don come back! " the second guy said pointing to the guy that went to fetch the lighter.
" Wey you bring the lighter come make we start to they smoke, shey you know say your share don short. " senior man said with a frown on his face.
They guy brought out the lighter and handed it over to the one he often refer to as senior man. They sat down to smoke but discovered that the weeds were missing. They started looking at each other waiting for someone to produce the weed, when it was clear that someone had played a fast on them, war broke out in haven.

TBC....
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by JojoBlue(f): 6:45pm On Jan 20, 2015
Hahaha! I like that
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 8:50pm On Jan 20, 2015
JojoBlue:
Hahaha! I like that
it's an honour to have you on my thread madam.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by kingphilip(m): 2:24pm On Jan 21, 2015
lemme c hw this will go sha

esixlove nice one
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 5:16pm On Jan 21, 2015
Continuation...

They dispersed themselves in three different directions in search of the missing weed. The first guy went into the room that was designed to be the master bedroom and checked every corner in the room, he even checked all the holes that he saw on the wall but the weed was not in the room.
The second guy climbed to the top of the unfinished roof to search for the weed there. He prambulated the perimeter of the roof in search of the missing weed but luck was far from his quarter.
while Senior man conducted a search from one rest room to another until he had exhausted all the available rest room in the building. He went to the back of the building and inspected the sucker well, yet the weed was nowhere in sight.

After the search, they assembled at their starting point which was the room where the weeds were initially kept until there was a shift in their equilibrium position. Senior man launched an accusing stare at the other two guys as if to say ' I don't trust the two of you. ' The tension in the room was high as each person was lost in his own world. They were all suspecting one another.

" I sure say na one of una thief that Igbo go hide! " Senior man said angrily as he looked from one person to the other. The very fact that he had survived to that moment without taking weed was a miracle of its own, because to senior man taking of weed was more important that oxygen.
" no be me o! I no take the Igbo, you know say na me first comot to go look road whether this mumu dey come, by the time I come back the mumu dey here already. " the second guy defended himself from the accusation that was labelled against him.
By this time the third guy was at the verge of breaking down. " now them wan talk say na me thief the Igbo! " he thought as he realised that they were trying to channel the accusation at him.
" I just dey enter this room when im show, no be seh I don dey here teh teh. " he tried to explain to them that they all entered at the same time. The look on the face of Senior man was not encouraging as he stared at the guy. " shey na you first show for the room! " he barked. " no be o! All of us show the same time. " the guy tried to defend himself at the same time moving backward.

" I no go ask you am two times, where you keep the Igbo! "
" I no know where e dey, no be carry am! " the guy replied taking another step backward.
" oh! You wan run abi! " Senior man said bringing out the pistol that he tucked in-between his waist and his belt, just then his phone rang increasing his agitation, he hated being interrupted especially when it had to do with his weed. He brought out his phone with one hand while the other hand held the pistol that was pointed at the guy.
He looked at the name on the screen and his countenance changed to a very bloody look, his killer mode had been activated.

" watch that boy for me don't let him make any fast move. " He said to the other guy before walking towards the entrance to answer his call.

He came back five minutes later with a wicked grin on his face walking with majesty as his big frame supported his style.
" who be that wey been dey call? " the second guy spoke with respect to the person of senior man. Any sign of rudeness to the senior man will make you regret ever coming in contact with him. " that was chief calling to tell us to see him in the next thirty minutes. " senior man replied standing some metres from them. " how we go do with this pal Bleep up? " the other guy asked. " I go take care of im Bleep up when I come back but for now I go make sure say im no escape. " the senior replied moving closer to the guy who was shivering like someone that was connected to an electric chair and hit his head with the gun that he was holding. The poor boy fell down like a bag of beans, the other guy produced rope from the bag that they came with and tied him up taking him to a corner before stepping out of the building.

The rope was meant for another mission but senior man was so furious with the guy for denying him of his dosage of weed before he embarked on his mission, now he must pay for his crime.
They had to stop at choba market to buy another rope.

The HOD of mass communication was seated In his office trying to tidy the files that where scattered on his table when a knock landed on the door. He was a baldheaded man that measures 4.5feet when standing erect and almost invisible when seated on the huge office chair that was provided by the school authority. Mr Zack Peter popularly known by his students as Zaccaeus because of his brief statue was a dubious man that had a bad record outside and a good one in the school record. It was rumoured that he normally fail the pretty girls under his department and when they come for sorting he will have his way with them, anyone that was bold enough to refuse him will spend extra years in the department. And that he had connections all over the state and beyond and that makes him invincible.
" who's that person that is knocking on my office door " he roared with a majestic voice that was far greater than his statue. If you've not seen him in person and you hear his voice over the speaker you will think that it's a giant that's talking.
" It's me sir, you sent for me sir. " the voice behind the door replied.
" come in. " Mr Zack ordered.
" Are you Bob? " He asked before the student was even halfway to where he was. " yes sir I'm Bob Frank " the student replied halting in his track. " I don't know what you did to upset the authority but what I do know is that they've suspended you and from the look of things it might become a full expulsion from the school. " Mr Zack said searching for something on his table . " but sir! " Bob tried to speak but was cut short by Mr Zack. " if I were you, I would stop wasting my time and go settle all the disputes that I have with people to save my academic. " Mr Zack countered. " because it is obvious that you've fished in the wrong sea. " he added.

Bob walked out of the office looking very sad, he still couldn't figure out where his problem was coming from. As soon as he stepped into the main road two guy walked over to him and told him that somebody wanted to speak with him in the car. In his confused state he accompanied them to where a brown BMW was parked, as they got to where the car was parked one of the guys opened his shirt to reveal a pistol and told him calmly to get into the car which he obeyed without hesitation cos any wrong move at this point means death.
The car lowly moved away as if nothing was amiss.

JT the second and Chuks came out of their hiding place after it was obvious that the two other guys had left the premises. They rushed into the building to meet the other guy grasping for breathe as he lied on the floor of the building in a semi unconscious state. The gun that Senior man hit on his head had disconnected the part of his brain that is responsible for sending signals to his body leaving him in total darkness, to him the earth was without form and void and darkness was upon the face of the deep.

They untied the rope that was tied around him and searched the area for anything that could be of help, they found in one of the rooms two sachets of water that was left in there by the previous guys that came to smoke weed. They opened it and emptied the content on the guy draining him to his pants.
That seemed to do the miracle that they hoped for as the guy opened his eyes a bit and tried to lift his hands but was too weak to do that. " I think that we need to get out of this place before these guys show up again. " Chuks said with worries written all over his face. " ya I know, but we can't leave him here. " JT the second replied with concern.
" we've done all we can for him, going any further could be disastrous and we might get into danger. " Chuks continued. " we're already in danger it is only ideal that we help another person in danger. " JT the second replied.
After much argument they decided to help him out, after all they were the ones the put him into that mess by collecting the wraps of weed.

TBC....
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 5:57pm On Jan 21, 2015
kingphilip:
lemme c hw this will go sha

esixlove nice one
The king himself, I hail thee.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by kingphilip(m): 7:54pm On Jan 21, 2015
ESIXLOVE:
The king himself, I hail thee.
I de enjoy ur story
no bother about the scarcity of viewers dem go soon come

tnx for sharing
I appreciate
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 8:40pm On Jan 21, 2015
kingphilip:

I de enjoy ur story
no bother about the scarcity of viewers dem go soon come

tnx for sharing
I appreciate
are you the person sharing my story cos someone is sharing my story in sequence.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by heskeyw(m): 4:26pm On Jan 22, 2015
Nice write up
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 7:51pm On Jan 22, 2015
heskeyw:
Nice write up
thank you so much for coming.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by Aipete2(f): 11:54pm On Jan 22, 2015
#nicewan
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by DNBCrew: 11:57pm On Jan 22, 2015
Read Love and Other Things that Follow on DNB. A DNB exclusive - www.danwrites90..com
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by shadyemmanuel(m): 10:30am On Jan 24, 2015
omo, av missed a lot woo, bt tank God, am here, nice one Esixlove, bt typing error plenty for d last tori, shey na sleeping eye u take type am? D;
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 1:09pm On Jan 26, 2015
Aipete2:
#nicewan
thanks ma
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 1:16pm On Jan 26, 2015
shadyemmanuel:
omo, av missed a lot woo, bt tank God, am here, nice one Esixlove, bt typing error plenty for d last tori, shey na sleeping eye u take type am? D;
I don modify the post thank you so much sir.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by shadyemmanuel(m): 3:44pm On Jan 26, 2015
ESIXLOVE:
I don modify the post thank you so much sir.
U wellcome sir, hw Fa abt ur OAU runz
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 4:01pm On Jan 26, 2015
shadyemmanuel:

U wellcome sir, hw Fa abt ur OAU runz
mehn! OAU wan turn me to prisoner of hope.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 12:58pm On Jan 28, 2015
Typing in motion...
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 5:38pm On Jan 28, 2015
Continuation...

" get down! " they ordered Bob who was seated in-between two macho men each with a gun tucked in his waist.
He climbed down without hesitation and walked in the direction that was pointed out to him with his hands on his head.
Many thoughts troubled his feeble mind, he was yet to verify the cause of his abduction.

" Stop right there and turn around! " the leader of the gang ordered. He did as he was commanded and faced them with his hands in the air. The droplets of sweat that broke out on his fore head were like ice cubes, He was undergoing oscillation as his body was moving to and fro in quick succession.

" get down on your knees and place your hands on your head. " he obeyed without complain, to him the most important thing was to come out of his dilemma in one piece, never in his entire life had he been this close to death.

" let me tell you a story " the leader of the gang said walking close to where He was knelt and pointed the gun direct to his fore head. " there was a young boy who lived in a small village that was situated near a river. " He began his story.

The boy was fond of removing the fishes that were caught in the little net that a poor fisherman had strategically positioned. Each time the poor fisherman visited his net, he was always saluted by frustration and emptiness, he was good in positioning his net but the young boy was also good in stealing the fishes that were caught in the net. After some time the poor fisherman decided to remove the net since it wasn't productive. As the days go by the young boy would visit the place where the net was before it was removed to see if the poor fisherman had reversed his decision but it was the same old story for him, so he had a change of plan and went in search of traps that were set by hunters, but he wasn't aware of the difference between a hunter and a fisherman. He located a particular trap that belonged to a brutal hunter and stole the meat that the trap had caught. He succeeded on the first, second and third occasions but on the fourth occasion the hunter shot him dead!

Our boss is the hunter and you're the young boy that had been stealing the meats from the trap that belongs to the hunter, since our boss is too busy to come, he sent us down here to shoot you so that next time you won't toil with other people's properties.

The guy concluded his story as his facial expression changed in an instant. Bob was saying his last prayer in his heart, he knew that it was the end of the road for him, it was very clear to him what his sin was, he had eaten meat from the trap of a dangerous hunter, he had laid another man's wife and now is the time to pay for it. " If only I had listened to Emeka when he told me not to go after other people's wives " He thought as tears ran down his cheeks, fear suddenly became his best companion.

The hand that held the gun assigned a finger to the trigger and before Bob could finish saying his prayers the guy shot him straight on his fore head at close range. Blood escaped from the back of his head as his body fell on the rough grasses jerking for about two minutes before it finally became still.

The guys walked back to their car and zoomed off.

The compound of chief Frank was busy with people moving up and down the premises, on their faces were mixture of sadness and anger, a week and two days had passed since the remain of his third son was discovered by the police. Today the remain of the boy would be committed to the earth.

" I will be reading from 2nd Samuel 1:19-20, 25,27 " reverend Chibunda said flipping from one page of the bible to another until he arrived at the right one.
" thy beauty oh Israel is slain on thine high places, HOW ARE THE MIGHTY FALLEN! Tell it not in Gath, publish it not in the streets of Askelon, lest the daughters of the philistines rejoice, lest the daughters of the uncircumcised triumph.
HOW ARE THE MIGHTY FALLEN in the midst of the battle! Oh Jonathan, thou wast lain in thine high places.
HOW ARE THE MIGHTY FALLEN, and the weapons of war perished! " He finished reading the bible passage and looked up, " a youth had being cut short in his prime, indeed the mighty had fallen with all his potentials and dreams, that is why the young men must constantly check their ways... " He continued on and on till he was done with his brief sermon. By 12:45pm the body was lowered into the grave as the final destination for it.

It was indeed a sad day for the franks' as they mourn his dismise.

Taking her right Mrs Jones turned from Rumuola road into Ikwerre road, she drove for about a minute before taking her left into Mgbuoba road, she was greatly disturbed by the news of Bob's death. " chief had taken it too far this time and he will surely pay for it. " she muttered to herself. She was sweating profusely even with the air condition of the lexus 350 she was driving tuned to high.

She brought out her phone from the leathered hand bag resting on the passenger side with her right hand while the left hand was still on the steering.
She dialled a number and placed the phone on her ear with her eyes off the road. Phone designers had reasons for providing hand-free options on mobile phones but the users seldom go for this option.
" pick up this phone! " she screamed into the mouthpiece of the phone.

" hello, good day madam. "

" good day how are you faring. "

" I'm fine ma, may I know the reason for contacting me? "

" I know that we had an agreement not to contact each other for any reason, but this matter is urgent, can you send the current picture of the girl to me. "

" what do you need the picture for? "

" I just need to verify some issues. "

" ok I will send it within the next twenty four hours and don't ever contact me after this! "

" ok I... " Mrs Jones never completed that very statement as she had a head to head collision with an oncoming trailer, she lexus 350 jeep that she was driving was damaged beyond repairs. The rescue team that came had to tear the door with iron cutter to bring out her lifeless body.

Her burial was conducted a week after the incident at her home town in Okigwe IMO state.

TBC..
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by JojoBlue(f): 5:47pm On Jan 28, 2015
What a tragic end for both of them
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 6:44pm On Jan 28, 2015
JojoBlue:
What a tragic end for both of them
I felt my countenance drop as I was typing this chapter, it felt so sad, HOW ARE THE MIGHTY FALLEN!
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 9:12am On Jan 29, 2015
Goodmorning guys

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply)

Saved By Amnesia / Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos) / Of All The Girls In Lagos (story By John Spurgeon)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.