Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. (54973 Views)

Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. / Affordable low cost housing Option For Lagosians / Award Winning Low-Cost Housing Technology Launches In Nigeria - Investors Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 5:26pm On Jul 29, 2014
Reinforcement works

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 5:27pm On Jul 29, 2014
More.

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by kostadinis: 7:07pm On Jul 29, 2014
spyder880: Reinforcement works
Looking good.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 6:40pm On Aug 01, 2014
Of course it's been raining heavily in Enugu for the past 3 days. Because of this most places are soaked in water. The semi-raft work we did here was covered in water and we couldn't work today. I have a pumping machine in my car now and we are going to deploy this in this site tomorrow morning.

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by Beulah09: 6:45pm On Aug 01, 2014
Spyder, any idea the cost per day for Masons and Labour/helper?
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 7:27pm On Aug 01, 2014
Beulah09: Spyder, any idea the cost per day for Masons and Labour/helper?

N3000 and N1500 respectively.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by kostadinis: 8:13pm On Aug 01, 2014
spyder880: Of course it's been raining heavily in Enugu for the past 3 days. Because of this most places are soaked in water. The semi-raft work we did here was covered in water and we couldn't work today. I have a pumping machine in my car now and we are going to deploy this in this site tomorrow morning.

Chairman, I have not been able to see the full view of this particular foundation. Some other sides have blocks laid on the blinding i guess, and how are they faring under this water? My eyes really dey scratch me o.
On the flip side, is there any advantage to the raft being under water for a few days? Will it make the reinforcement stronger?
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by gabbytabby: 8:32pm On Aug 01, 2014
spyder880: Of course it's been raining heavily in Enugu for the past 3 days. Because of this most places are soaked in water. The semi-raft work we did here was covered in water and we couldn't work today. I have a pumping machine in my car now and we are going to deploy this in this site tomorrow morning.
same here for the last 3 weeks and today was the worse it has been. I might have to bail and come back in september. Its that bad.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 10:33pm On Aug 01, 2014
kostadinis:

Chairman, I have not been able to see the full view of this particular foundation. Some other sides have blocks laid on the blinding i guess, and how are they faring under this water? My eyes really dey scratch me o.
On the flip side, is there any advantage to the raft being under water for a few days? Will it make the reinforcement stronger?

The side we laid blocks earlier when we hired the first pumping machine has been removed. I ordered the blocks to be removed so I can have a uniform raft round the whole house. Every part of the foundation is cast with reinforced concrete now. Lots of money going into this but we must do it right. cheesy

water is always good for the concrete after it has set. The hassles will soon be over when we complete the block works in the foundation stage. Building houses is not easy o, but we have no choice than to be tough and courageous.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 10:36pm On Aug 01, 2014
gabbytabby: same here for the last 3 weeks and today was the worse it has been. I might have to bail and come back in september. Its that bad.

I wonder o, it also rained this evening again in Enugu. So much cold as people went to bed very early. PHCN has been good today, light dey for people who wants to fold up and watch telly all evening. grin
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 10:40pm On Aug 01, 2014
I also inspected other houses in the area, the story is the same. Ground water at the foot of this neighbor's fence.

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 10:44pm On Aug 01, 2014
Another area, another man wanted to fence his compound but water no gree cheesy cheesy
I will go to the site tomorrow with a short knicker grin

1 Like

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by kostadinis: 11:17pm On Aug 01, 2014
spyder880:

The side we laid blocks earlier when we hired the first pumping machine has been removed.
I ordered the blocks to be removed so I can have a uniform raft round the whole house. Every part of the foundation is cast with reinforced concrete now. Lots of money going into this but we must do it right. cheesy

water is always good for the concrete after it has set. The hassles will soon be over when we complete the block works in the foundation stage. Building houses is not easy o, but we have no choice than to be tough and courageous.
I thought as much but just wanted to confirm from the Oga patapata.... those blocks wouldn't have firmed up submerged in water. And not a totally bad news for the raft under water. There is no choice than to be tough under this circumstance.
Good.

spyder880: Another area, another man wanted to fence his compound but water no gree cheesy cheesy
I will go to the site tomorrow with a short knicker grin
Na real amphibious landing o...God will be with you sha grin

1 Like

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 11:53am On Aug 02, 2014
The battle is still raging

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 11:55am On Aug 02, 2014
We are employing all kinds of tactics

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 11:56am On Aug 02, 2014
Including the non conventional ........ cheesy

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 11:57am On Aug 02, 2014
The clouds are still gathering for another rain today.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by vivienbabe(f): 2:30pm On Aug 02, 2014
spyder880: The clouds are still gathering for another rain today.
Bros Spyder I admire your determination. Please keep doing the good job.
This is a unique territory in Enugu. If the owner of this project is not going to live here, won't it be better u suggest to him/her a commercial borehole? Not only that the drilling here would be successful, it's gonna have the proximity advantage over the 9th mile for the tankers. Water is still a big business in Enugu and you're sitting on a very active acquifer here, it seems. I wish my land at Amorji was like that my brother. Have a nice day.

1 Like

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 6:23pm On Aug 03, 2014
The blocks are coming up from the ground.

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 6:24pm On Aug 03, 2014
And the level of the water is no longer an issue for now.

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 6:26pm On Aug 03, 2014
More

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 6:28pm On Aug 03, 2014
We continue tomorrow.

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by passe(m): 7:50pm On Aug 03, 2014
Good Job prof! I have been one of your silent observers of most of your building thread on NL.More grease to ur elbows. I pray that the good Lord ll continue to give u d grace physically,mentally,spiritually and in all areas that u are in need,so that we can continue to learn from u and ur team.

1 Like

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 8:58pm On Aug 03, 2014
passe: Good Job prof! I have been one of your silent observers of most of your building thread on NL.More grease to ur elbows. I pray that the good Lord ll continue to give u d grace physically,mentally,spiritually and in all areas that u are in need,so that we can continue to learn from u and ur team.

Thank you very much Sir. Words like this encourage us a lot.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by kostadinis: 9:21pm On Aug 03, 2014
Chairman, the water wan test your resolve and you come show am real pepper grin
You're an express train that has already departed. Just keep doing the beautiful job for people.
I believe many of us appreciates your efforts.

1 Like

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 9:27pm On Aug 03, 2014
kostadinis: Chairman, the water wan test your resolve and you come show am real pepper grin
You're an express train that has already departed. Just keep doing the beautiful job for people.

Thank you Sir, we shall keep on trying our best.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by kostadinis: 9:31pm On Aug 03, 2014
spyder880:

Thank you Sir, we shall keep on trying our best.
Yea, this one has been a roller coaster ride for you but you conquered at last.
The triumph of the human spirit indeed
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by Deltagiant: 9:58pm On Aug 03, 2014
Sir, I've been following the comments from the day one of this project. You're a man made of strong stuff.
I've not forgotten your advice on how to start my project on single rooms. I will contact u when i am ready. I may decide to start with one side first. Nice work Sir.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by princeonx: 7:08am On Aug 04, 2014
spyder880: Reinforcement works
Chairman Spyder, is the N2.5m estimated budget with a raft foundation in mind? Why 2 bedrooms though? Why didn't your client add just one more room to make it a (full basic house) 3 bedrooms at least? I am not a big fan of 2 bedrooms houses especially as the main project! BQ? yes!
Also, does that price cover doors, windows, protectors, tiles, and painting?
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by NL1960: 2:53pm On Aug 04, 2014
kostadinis: Chairman, the water wan test your resolve and you come show am real pepper grin

My Papa talk say 'wetin no dey talk, no dey get sense pass person i.e. what does not talk cannot be more sensible than a person'. cool
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. by mufutau55(m): 3:54pm On Aug 04, 2014
NL1960:
My Papa talk say 'wetin no dey talk, no dey get sense pass person i.e. what does not talk cannot be more sensible than a person'. cool

I think my Papa and your Papa are brothers.. smiley Mine always says the same thing. I think it's an old Yoruba proverb.

Hajji M.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Photos Of The Collapsed Ebute Metta Building Before Collapse / Cost Of Aluminium Roofing Sheet / Cost Of Stone Coated Roofing Tile In Nigeria {2018 Prices} Quality Guaranteed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.