Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,262 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) (6969 Views)

Could My Boyfriend Be Gay? / A fellow Nairalander needs your advice before crossing the rubicon. / Must Your Boyfriend Be Your Valentine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by freecocoa(f): 7:30pm On Jul 14, 2014
So a friend of mine called me asking my opinion on this issue.

A very dear friend of hers is having a birthday bash, he invited and she'd really love to go because he's someone she holds dear plus she really wants to have some fun, now she told her friend she'd be there and on the D day gets set to go and told tells her boyfriend(she went to spend sometime with him), he said in quote "you are not going anywhere" and she thought it was a joke, asked why? he said "I don't want You to", she then said let's go together if you are worried about anything, he still refused saying he isn't worried.
She says she's going and he said "don't say I didn't warn you" , she's asking if its wrong to disobey him.

You can guess what I told her, now let's know what you think.
Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by Onlinebizexpert(m): 7:39pm On Jul 14, 2014
e be like say the gal too fine or the guy is feeling insecure

they should talk about it like adults

em incase the guy no sabi BF and HUSBAND no be samething

5 Likes

Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by scribble: 7:51pm On Jul 14, 2014
the guy should follow her to the party and just try to be a bit more flexible on the issue

but if she disobeys him and goes, then in his mind, its all fair game now...as in dont be surprised to hear he banged her slutty friend or relative if the opportunity arises...

some men will not be trifled with. tongue

3 Likes

Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by Jamieb(m): 7:54pm On Jul 14, 2014
the ans is yes. boyfrnds get grade if na fiance e better. if d guy is insecured, let him go wit d gal.

1 Like

Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by freecocoa(f): 7:58pm On Jul 14, 2014
scribble: the guy should follow her to the party and just try to be a bit more flexible on the issue

but if she disobeys him and goes, then in his mind, its all fair game now...as in dont be surprised to hear he banged her slutty friend or relative if the opportunity arises...

some men will not be trifled with. tongue
Imagine, the truth is I think she lives with this guy if not I don't see what would give him the guts to say that, even at that sef, if its insecurity why not go with her as she suggested? To me I see it as a controlling man wanting to flex his muscles and that can't happen with me.

1 Like

Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by laplace12(m): 7:59pm On Jul 14, 2014
Its a free world, anybody can disobey anyone. You can disobey a military man if you so wish, but you gat to first understand and weigh the possible consequence and sincerely ask yourself if it is worth it.

6 Likes

Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by tintingz(m): 7:59pm On Jul 14, 2014
Are they married? undecided

1 Like

Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by freecocoa(f): 8:02pm On Jul 14, 2014
Jamieb: the ans is yes. boyfrnds get grade if na fiance e better. if d guy is insecured, let him go wit d gal.
Why would it be better? Even husnand sef, the only reason I'll understand is if the partner has a reason to suspect her, still he should look for ways to catch her and take his decision instead of taking decisions for an adult because you feel its your right to.
Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by freecocoa(f): 8:03pm On Jul 14, 2014
tintingz: Are they married? undecided
Boyfriend.
Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by dytbabe: 8:08pm On Jul 14, 2014
Ok na, make I use naija movie judge am
The dude might know abt the party and also has an idea smth bad might happen
Oh well

4 Likes

Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by laplace12(m): 8:12pm On Jul 14, 2014
A LOVE RELATIONSHIP is meant to be a MODEL MARRIAGE where each partner is expected to simulate the husband or wife role though they ain't married yet. If the lady feel she could take such orders when they get married she better start doing so now to a avoid sending the wrong message and probably ruin a beautiful relationship.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by freecocoa(f): 8:13pm On Jul 14, 2014
dytbabe: Ok na, make I use naija movie judge am
The dude might know abt the party and also has an idea smth bad might happen
Oh well
Something bad like what?
Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by dytbabe: 8:15pm On Jul 14, 2014
freecocoa: Something bad like what?

A fight na
Cultist attack
Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by tintingz(m): 8:16pm On Jul 14, 2014
freecocoa: Boyfriend.
He has no say on her.
Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by sailormoon: 8:17pm On Jul 14, 2014
I'm confused, don't you mean 'Is he crossing the line?'

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by freecocoa(f): 8:18pm On Jul 14, 2014
dytbabe:

A fight na
Cultist attack
Did I say I was talking about students? A lady of 28 na wetin I dey talk here o.
Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by sammieguze(m): 8:19pm On Jul 14, 2014
Think of it this way.... U tell ur guy u av sum reservations about a party he is about to attend and he decides to go with or without you.

Judge, what ll you do?

4 Likes

Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by freecocoa(f): 8:22pm On Jul 14, 2014
sailormoon: I'm confused, don't you mean 'Is he crossing the line?'
My dear, to me he is the one crossing the line, I just put it the way she asked me, she's not sure where she should stand, seems like she knows the right thing but she's torn between doing it or pleasing her man.
Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by dytbabe: 8:24pm On Jul 14, 2014
freecocoa: Did I say I was talking about students? A lady of 28 na wetin I dey talk here o.

Ehn ehn
I no read am oo
No vex biko
grin grin grin
Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by tintingz(m): 8:25pm On Jul 14, 2014
laplace12: A LOVE RELATIONSHIP is meant to be a MODEL MARRIAGE where each partner is expected to simulate the husband or wife role though they ain't married yet. If the lady feel she could take such orders when they get married she better start doing so now to a avoid sending the wrong message and probably ruin a beautiful relationship.
Disagree.

The guy has not meet with the parents, no introduction, not engaged, no bride price(the op should clear this part) they are just "boyfriend and girlfriend" so he has no say on her.

He has no right to control her or give her orders, the only thing he can do is advice her, talk to her, let her know why he doesn't want her to go to the party anything aside that... he's not her father nor brother.

1 Like

Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by freecocoa(f): 8:28pm On Jul 14, 2014
sammieguze: Think of it this way.... U tell ur guy u av sum reservations about a party he is about to attend and he decides to go with or without you.

Judge, what ll you do?
No, it is not that way. If he has a reservation the please do well to tell her what it is, don't just say "its what I want regardless of anything and so it will be", you have to put your partners feelings in consideration.

" I don't want you to go because its late at night and your safety is paramount", I just have a bad feeling about it", "I don't want guys starring at you", "I am jealous", etc, all these are better than giving an order as if you are talking to a child, give her your reasons and let her decide if she's up to it, its just that simple.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by freecocoa(f): 8:34pm On Jul 14, 2014
dytbabe:

Ehn ehn
I no read am oo
No vex biko
grin grin grin
You no well o, you no read am na him you know about the party wey wan happen, grin grin grin
Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by sailormoon: 8:35pm On Jul 14, 2014
freecocoa: My dear, to me he is the one crossing the line, I just put it the way she asked me, she's not sure where she should stand, seems like she knows the right thing but she's torn between doing it or pleasing her man.
Signs of dictatorship, I would be cautious, he has no right to command anything of her, especially without explanation let alone a reasonable one, but I mean, if she doesn't mind...

Common boyfriend lmao
Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by laplace12(m): 8:45pm On Jul 14, 2014
Why is she still single at 28 grin
As if that is not enough, she still gat time to listen to bad advice angry

5 Likes

Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by Truckpusher(m): 8:47pm On Jul 14, 2014
freecocoa: Why would it be better? Even husnand sef, the only reason I'll understand is if the partner has a reason to suspect her, still he should look for ways to catch her and take his decision instead of taking decisions for an adult because you feel its your right to.
undecided.....Peeps like you usually stands at attention when your boyfriend walks in until he says ''as you were'' tongue
Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by freecocoa(f): 9:01pm On Jul 14, 2014
Truckpusher: undecided.....Peeps like you usually stands at attention when your boyfriend walks in until he says ''as you were'' tongue
I'd like you to kindly respect yourself this night, I have no time to entertain your rubbish tonight, thanks.
Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by freecocoa(f): 9:03pm On Jul 14, 2014
laplace12: Why is she still single at 28 grin
As if that is not enough, she still gat time to listen to bad advice angry
Is there a law about being un$married at 28? And what is bad advice if I may ask?

4 Likes

Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jul 14, 2014
Strongly depends on the dynamics of that relationship.
if this is a man who genuinely has her best interests at heart, she should obey him!

5 Likes

Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by egopersonified(f): 9:05pm On Jul 14, 2014
The guy is eyeing one girl on that their street, he would only bring her over to spend the night with him in the absence of yr friend and he will make sure she meets the new girl in his house. If I were ur friend, I would rather dare and find out the real him now than find out after saying I DO.
Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by Truckpusher(m): 9:06pm On Jul 14, 2014
freecocoa: I'd like you to kindly respect yourself this night, I have no time to entertain your rubbish tonight, thanks.
And if I don't ? angry

Until I catch you in blinx and playhouse kiss

Of course you know what I'm all about tongue
Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by Idowuogbo(f): 9:08pm On Jul 14, 2014
freecocoa: I'd like you to kindly respect yourself this night, I have no time to entertain your rubbish tonight, thanks.
Lolz.. u dey para oo

@topic

I for like comment but my oga don instruct me to zip it. I dont know about u o... but me i dey obey my blokos wella

2 Likes

Re: Is She Crossing The Line? (can A Boyfriend Be Disobeyed) by Islie: 9:10pm On Jul 14, 2014
did she tell the boyfriend before hand...... or ots when she was leaving that she did tell the guy

because some guys have ego issues on that

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Mist See For Guys, WARNING!!! These Photos May Get You Salty, Or Angry / Anyone Got Towa Savage Or Teni blue film Video Pls? / Wonder Has Finally Ended (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.