Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,570 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. - Foreign Affairs (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. (22636 Views)

Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) / SCREENSHOT. Rev Reinhard Bonnkie Speaks On Homosexuality. / Malawi, Congo, Bar South Africans From Entering Their Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by IdiatFF(f): 11:15am On Jul 17, 2014
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by astOorR(m): 11:17am On Jul 17, 2014
GodMode:

You shall not lie with a male as with a
woman. It is an abomination. (NKJ, Leviticus
18:22)

If a man lies with a male as he lies with a
woman, both of them have committed an
abomination. They shall surely be put to
death. Their blood shall be upon them. (NKJ,
Leviticus 20:13)

IGNORE THIS FOOLS
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by searay(m): 11:17am On Jul 17, 2014
Empiree: [/b]

Dey know naija is rich but (the country) is managed by morons. Dey know that if dey kip pressure on nija to suspend anti-homo law, it may not work 80% of d time dats' why dey invented BH (with help of unpatriotic politicians) to divert naija resources & attention. Knowing fully well, that naijans will support better security of d nation dan persecuting gays. Oyinbo smart pass u pple. D plan is working well for dem & Black (Christians) fell for d trap.

How did Christians fell for the trap?. Dey made sure u have to blame ur brodas(muslims) for BH to create confusion. Dis works very well. Look at the situation of things urself. If any nijerians are asked about country's priority btw bringing BH to justice or criminalizing gays?, overwhelming nijerians will choose the former. And d former(BH) will never be solved cus they created it for a purpose. Just sad that many nijerians are extremely clueless. U don alreadi allowed dem to help u monitor elections in Osun. soon, dey will monitor all ur elections & den only God knows what. U guys dont think. U r in big HOT SOUP, wallahi. BH issue will not go away anytime soon walahi. They created it. It has nothing to do with musulumi but u folks fell for the trap n u will pay the price of omugo forever!!!! wallahi

well ! I agree with you in part except the BH part of it. My problem with BH is the blame game played by the "North"
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by pazienza(m): 11:18am On Jul 17, 2014
laplace19:

I totally disagree with you.... your facial appearance can attract those gayish morons and they will approach you even with your normal attire.....

I once had an encounter with one back then(an adult,say 25 years or more,a musician too) when I was still 19( 5 years ago).... I was very agile then and well-dressed.... He will never forget the kinda shunning that I shunned him that day...

Let alone if he dares to try it now that I am an adult.... he go collect,I swear..

You can always say no their advances, i am sure that many girls have had to deal with your amoral advances towards them, they just like you can always say no when the attraction is not mutual.

Many goodlooking gays out there have been dealing with amorous advances of ladies out there, you don't see them killing any one about it.

I think your problem like that of many men out there, is your ego. You are used to being the predator preying on girls, you have been on top of the food chain for long, you fear that the introduction of gays into the ecosystem will turn you into the prey.

It's all funny, i mean when they say that humans are animals in my biology class, it never made sense to me then, but now,it does. *grins*

5 Likes

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by jayseehe(m): 11:20am On Jul 17, 2014
astOorR:
FOOL... LEVITICUS 20:13, JUDE 1:7......FOOL
GodMode:

You shall not lie with a male as with a
woman. It is an abomination. (NKJ, Leviticus
18:22)

If a man lies with a male as he lies with a
woman, both of them have committed an
abomination. They shall surely be put to
death. Their blood shall be upon them. (NKJ,
Leviticus 20:13)
Thanks for the lecture, but I don't believe in chriatianity undecided
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 11:27am On Jul 17, 2014
Some pictures for my little boy over there who hasn't quite mastered reading yet. He knows who he is.

King Mwanga II of Buganda, the “gay king”
King Mwanga ll of Buganda in east Africa led a violent campaign to defend traditional values in the 1880s. He executed 22 Christians for opposing same sex relationships.

If he hadn’t taken this extreme action it’s likely that traditional Bugandan sexual practices would have been written out of history.

In the late 19th century Mwanga was worried by the spread of Western influence. Missionaries were making inroads into the kingdom and demanding rights for their converts.

They were the vanguard of imperial occupation by the powers that backed them.

The imperial imposition of new sexual morals on indigenous people was part of a wider process of asserting control. This also saw new laws to control sexual practices in Britain.

The issue came to a head when pages in Mwanga’s own court turned down his request for sex because they were converts. This caused a confrontation that led to his decision to execute them all.

In the former Kingdom of Dahomey, women could be soldiers (above) and older women would sometimes marry younger women.

Nigerian woman-to-woman marriage (sexuality debated)
In Igboland women who were considered exceptional in the eyes of society due to their wealth and/or social standing, and those who were past menopause could marry wives for themselves, for their husbands, for their sons, and/or for their siblings. These influential women were usually viewed as men, due to the fluidity of gender in the pre-colonial Igbo context, by marrying women their status was elevated mostly due to female husbands paying bride-price. Woman-to-woman marriage allowed for greater freedom of sexuality for the wives, they could have boyfriends, anonymous men whose only duty was to supply sperm, henceforth “male sperm donors”, and this was socially accepted. Any child they had were taken care of by their female husband, and carried her name and this was legitimate in the eyes of society.

Reading Achebe’s The Female King of Colonial Nigeria, one could be forgiven in believing that woman-to-woman marriage was unique among the Igbo of southeastern Nigeria.

It wasn’t.

This institution can be found across the African continent among various ethnic groups, with slight differences in norms and practices. Even I was surprised to discover, among the Yoruba where a widow who wanted to remain with her in-laws could marry a female relative when there were no men in the family as considerable options. In other societies, women who could not have children, and widows took wives and claimed the children their wives had as their own. In others women who did not have sons could marry a woman who would act as a daughter-in-law, in fact married to the female husband’s non-existent son. In all societies where this was practiced female husbands occupied high statuses in the community.

7 Likes

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by GodMode: 11:28am On Jul 17, 2014
$
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by jayseehe(m): 11:30am On Jul 17, 2014
GodMode:

Neither do I believe in religion. But I believe in a Creator.... I gave reference just so u know its in the bible.
we are on the same team
#agnostic
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 17, 2014
nagoma:

Are his balls only for homosexuality law?
Let him bring back our girls, fight BH and fight corruption then we can testify to presence of those balls.
Nothing short of these basic government responsibilities of security and rule of law, the man is ballless and impotent.

Thank you for this! HYPOCRICY IS AN AFRICAN ILLNESS.

Most ladies who are against homosexuals, will not even come out to argue when one speaks about abortion or they will chanting PRO-CHOICE.

it seems they want to marry these closet gays and get it from front and back. I for one, my rear is AN exclusive exit tool, a definite NO ENTRY ZONE.

4 Likes

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 17, 2014
GodMode:

Fundraising scam... So u don't just lack common sense, u're also in the scam business.

cheesy cheesy Fine! I won't buy you the dictionary!
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 11:33am On Jul 17, 2014
MissMeiya:

Africans have been so thoroughly violated by colonialism. They don't even know what their culture is anymore.

Homosexuality was an accepted part of many African cultures before it was trampled out by colonial missionaries. The white man told you homosexuality is wrong. Now you think you have always hated it. You tell the white man not to bring in something you forgot you once had.

The white man told you you weren't wearing enough clothes. That you were "indecent". Now you think baring your skin is "un-African". You tell the white man not to corrupt you with their un-African núdity.

The white man told you to worship their god. Now you have surpassed them in religious fanaticism, and you call them heathens.

I weep for my the DESTRUCTION of my people's history and culture. We don't even know what was ours anymore. Confusion.

And believe me, I can back ALL of this up with historical publications and respected research journals.

Very interesting !!

2 Likes

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 11:33am On Jul 17, 2014
GodMode:

Neither do I believe in religion. But I believe in a Creator.... I gave reference just so u know its in the bible.

The same Creator made it clear that not even Himself as creator will interfere with the WILL of man. What are laws made by mere mortals to that?
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Guyman02: 11:35am On Jul 17, 2014
Thats what you get for being the number one beggar nation in Africa. Oyinbos will impose their own culture on you while giving you their 'aid'.
Many Malawians were embarrassed that their country could not host the AU meeeting last year because the US threatened to stop their aid if they dont allow for same sex marriage and arrest the President of Sudan.
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by pazienza(m): 11:37am On Jul 17, 2014
jayseehe:
Thanks for the lecture, but I don't believe in chriatianity undecided

Well, if they try the christianity/islamic argument, and you are not flowing with that, they would quickly switch to the 'un african' argument.

And you would be wondering how a Christian or a Muslim can talk about something being 'un african', when they are now members of religions that destroyed the traditional African religion of their fore fathers, and they now use the doctrines of these 'un african' religions to classify most of the African practices of their fore fathers as barbaric and evil, they can now use their 'un african' doctrines to judge Africans( gays).

It's an Irony, but in the end, you get the feeling that these folks don't really care about African culture, as they had since replaced the shrines with Churches and Mosques, and the African gods with Jesus and Allah. And no, they don't care about Islam and Christianity, as they had refused to put to practice, the positive teachings of these 'un african' religions.

Their hatred for homosexuality is built on Igorance, disgust and fear of the unknown, every other argument they put forward,is only to cover those three reasons.

4 Likes

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 17, 2014
MissMeiya: Some pictures for my little boy over there who hasn't quite mastered reading yet. He knows who he is.

King Mwanga II of Buganda, the “gay king”
King Mwanga ll of Buganda in east Africa led a violent campaign to defend traditional values in the 1880s. He executed 22 Christians for opposing same sex relationships.

If he hadn’t taken this extreme action it’s likely that traditional Bugandan sexual practices would have been written out of history.

In the late 19th century Mwanga was worried by the spread of Western influence. Missionaries were making inroads into the kingdom and demanding rights for their converts.

They were the vanguard of imperial occupation by the powers that backed them.

The imperial imposition of new sexual morals on indigenous people was part of a wider process of asserting control. This also saw new laws to control sexual practices in Britain.

The issue came to a head when pages in Mwanga’s own court turned down his request for sex because they were converts. This caused a confrontation that led to his decision to execute them all.

In the former Kingdom of Dahomey, women could be soldiers (above) and older women would sometimes marry younger women.

Nigerian woman-to-woman marriage (sexuality debated)
In Igboland women who were considered exceptional in the eyes of society due to their wealth and/or social standing, and those who were past menopause could marry wives for themselves, for their husbands, for their sons, and/or for their siblings. These influential women were usually viewed as men, due to the fluidity of gender in the pre-colonial Igbo context, by marrying women their status was elevated mostly due to female husbands paying bride-price. Woman-to-woman marriage allowed for greater freedom of sexuality for the wives, they could have boyfriends, anonymous men whose only duty was to supply sperm, henceforth “male sperm donors”, and this was socially accepted. Any child they had were taken care of by their female husband, and carried her name and this was legitimate in the eyes of society.

Reading Achebe’s The Female King of Colonial Nigeria, one could be forgiven in believing that woman-to-woman marriage was unique among the Igbo of southeastern Nigeria.

It wasn’t.

This institution can be found across the African continent among various ethnic groups, with slight differences in norms and practices. Even I was surprised to discover, among the Yoruba where a widow who wanted to remain with her in-laws could marry a female relative when there were no men in the family as considerable options. In other societies, women who could not have children, and widows took wives and claimed the children their wives had as their own. In others women who did not have sons could marry a woman who would act as a daughter-in-law, in fact married to the female husband’s non-existent son. In all societies where this was practiced female husbands occupied high statuses in the community.

I'm learning smiley

1 Like

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by GodMode: 11:38am On Jul 17, 2014
$
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by GodMode: 11:39am On Jul 17, 2014
$
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by jayseehe(m): 11:41am On Jul 17, 2014
pazienza:

Well, if they try the christianity/islamic argument, and you are not flowing with that, they would quickly switch to the 'un african' argument.

And you would be wondering how an a Christian or a Muslim can talk about something being 'un african', when they are now members of religions that destroyed the traditional African religion of their fore fathers, and they now use the doctrines of these 'un african' to c religions to classify most of the African practices of their fore fathers as barbaric and evil, they can now use their 'un african' doctrines to judge Africans( gays).

It's an Irony, but in the end, you get the feeling that these folks don't really care about African culture, as they had since replaced the shrines with Churches and Mosques, and the African gods with Jesus and Allah. And no, they don't care about Islam and Christianity, as they had refused to put to practice, the positive teachings of these 'un african' religions.
so on point. thanks man

1 Like

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 17, 2014
Jesusculture: Africa are morally bankrupt to play judge on issues like this. Taking selective moral n religious stand shows the rot in our society.Double standard if I may say. Maybe laws should be enacted for people that commit fornication, adultery, polygamy,child marriages, bigamy as well just to mention a few, which in my pesonal religious belief are all sin before God.Untill those laws are in place,I say stop this moral prejudice and hypocrisy n stop playing God

Amen!

1 Like

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Jeffoo(m): 11:42am On Jul 17, 2014
Poverty nor good o
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by GodMode: 11:43am On Jul 17, 2014
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by pazienza(m): 11:43am On Jul 17, 2014
jayseehe:
so on point. thanks man

You are welcome.
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 11:43am On Jul 17, 2014
GodMode:

What are u saying

The Creator is not God and the Creator does not see itself as a God.

the Creator did not write the bible...

Are you bipolar? Did you not mention the bible?
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by GodMode: 11:45am On Jul 17, 2014
$
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by pickabeau1: 11:46am On Jul 17, 2014
Is this the dodgy research on outlier practices to show Africans were homosex

A woman marrying other women for her husband and you call that lesbianism

Where is d evidence showing widespread homosexualism in pre colonial Africa

1 Like

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 17, 2014
Some variety:

"Drawing on anthropological studies of the pre-colonial and colonial eras, it is possible to document a vast array of same-sex practises and diverse understandings of gender across the entire continent.

Examples include:

• One notably ‘‘explicit” painting, which depicts African men engaging in same-sex sexual activity.
• In the late 1640s, a Dutch military attaché documented Nzinga, a warrior woman in the Ndongo kingdom of the Mbundu, who ruled as ‘‘king” rather than ‘‘queen”, dressed as a man and surrounded herself with a harem of young men who dressed as women and who were her ‘‘wives”.
• Eighteenth century anthropologist, Father J-B. Labat, documented the Ganga-Ya-Chibanda, presiding priest of the Giagues, a group within the Congo kingdom, who routinely cross-dressed and was referred to as ‘‘grandmother”.
• In traditional, monarchical Zande culture, anthropological records described homosexuality as ‘‘indigenous”. The Azande of the Northern Congo ‘‘routinely married” younger men who functioned as temporary wives – a practise that was institutionalised to such an extent that warriors would pay ‘‘brideprice” to the young man”s parents.
• Amongst Bantu-speaking Pouhain farmers (Bene, Bulu, Fang, Jaunde, Mokuk, Mwele, Ntum and Pangwe) in present-day Gabon and Cameroon, homosexual intercourse was known as bian nkû”ma– a medicine for wealth which was transmitted through sexual activity between men.
• Similarly in Uganda, amongst the Nilotico Lango, men who assumed ‘‘alternative gender status” were known as mukodo dako. They were treated as women and were permitted to marry other men.
Same-sex relationships were reported amongst other groups in Uganda, including the Bahima, …
• the Banyoro and …
• the Baganda. King Mwanga II, the Baganda monarch, was widely reported to have engaged in sexual relations with his male subjects.

• A Jesuit working in Southern Africa in 1606 described finding ‘‘Chibadi, which are Men attired like Women, and behave themselves womanly, deny to be called men”.
• In the early 17th century in present-day Angola, Portuguese priests Gaspar Azevereduc and Antonius Sequerius encountered men who spoke, sat and dressed like women, and who entered into marriage with men. Such marriages were ‘‘honored and even prized”.
• In the Iteso communities, based in northwest Kenya and Uganda, same-sex relations existed amongst men who behaved as and were socially accepted as women.
• Same-sex practises were also recorded among the Banyoro and …
• the Langi.
• In pre-colonial Benin, homosexuality was seen as a phase that boys passed through and grew out of.
• There were practises of female-female marriages amongst the Nandi and …
• Kisii of Kenya, as well as …
• the Igbo of Nigeria,
• the Nuer of Sudan and
• the Kuria of Tanzania.

• Among Cape Bantu, lesbianism was ascribed to women who were in the process of becoming chief diviners, known as isanuses.

In the 1600s in the Kingdom of Motapa in southern Africa (labeled “Monomotapa” on this map), Christian missionaries encountered cross-dressing men known as chibadi.

"This is by no means an exhaustive list. Given the overwhelming evidence of pre-colonial same-sex relations which continued into the colonial and post-colonial eras, as well as historical evidence of diverse understandings of gender identity, it is clear that homosexuality is no more ‘‘alien” to Africa than it is to any other part of the world.

Numerous reports also indicate that in the highly sex-segregated societies of Africa, homosexual behaviour and relationships were not uncommon among peers, both male and female, especially in the years before heterosexual marriage. These kinds of relations were identified with specific terms and were to varying degrees institutionalized.

What the colonisers imposed on Africa was not homosexuality “but rather intolerance of it — and systems of surveillance and regulation for suppressing it.”"

3 Likes

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by GodMode: 11:49am On Jul 17, 2014

1 Like

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 17, 2014
GodMode:

I was showing d person references.

Why reference something you don't even believe in. Well, I was referring to your reference. cheesy
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 11:54am On Jul 17, 2014
GodMode:

E don do...

We don tire to dey read the nonsense wey u dey copy and paste.

Give me your candy pie lemme give u kondo.

I'm sorry dear, I know all the words are hurting your head. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the link that says--Wait, you can't read. Just look for the blue words that look like this: (Un-Follow)
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by GodMode: 11:54am On Jul 17, 2014
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by GodMode: 11:56am On Jul 17, 2014
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 11:58am On Jul 17, 2014
My sincerest apologies to my followers for the barrage of posts. You can thank I-forgot-her-name. She demanded proof. And the first one wasn't enough for her. She demanded more. *shrug* But hopefully you're enjoying the mini-history lesson anyway ♡

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Dixie Wildfire Becomes The Largest In California History(Pix) / Nigerian Man Goes On Rampage In Italy, Assaults Police Officers. Photos / 'Sea Of Flames': 46 Killed In Taiwan Buiidling Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.