Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,104 members, 7,814,875 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. (22638 Views)

Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) / SCREENSHOT. Rev Reinhard Bonnkie Speaks On Homosexuality. / Malawi, Congo, Bar South Africans From Entering Their Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 17, 2014
MissMeiya:

But how will you do that? More incantations?

You are the one making threats. I never made a single one. So who is the real keyboard warrior here?

Homophobes are so scared all they can think of is violence. Don't worry, no one is going to come turn you gay. Unless you were gay to begin with. Is that where this fear is coming from? They said the loudest ones have the most to hide.

keyboard warrior, this your so called will give you free 14 years. anyways Hold this clean L and you going to hell
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 17, 2014
donnypool:

including in arizona right?

Yes including Arizona. Homosexuality is not criminalized in any single state of the US. You might be thinking of the bill that proposed to allow INDIVIDUAL businesses to discriminate against homosexual customers. That bill was vetoed bare weeks after it was proposed.

Look up inalienable rights. It's what the country was founded on.

2 Likes

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by nagoma(m): 9:52am On Jul 17, 2014
bloodykiller: the fear of the wes
some fool will say GEJ dont have balls
upon all the treats he's still stand by his words
see as Malawi don change am shaperly

Are his balls only for homosexuality law?
Let him bring back our girls, fight BH and fight corruption then we can testify to presence of those balls.
Nothing short of these basic government responsibilities of security and rule of law, the man is ballless and impotent.

4 Likes

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 17, 2014
donnypool:

keyboard warrior, this your so called will give you free 14 years. anyways Hold this clean L and you going to hell

Wow, this another level of magic. It'll send me to hell. Wait, is it because the first spell isn't working? And besides, you can't be Christian if you're waving your wand at your phone right now. I didn't know wizards believed in hell. I guess you're taking me with you, huh?
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by gratieao: 9:55am On Jul 17, 2014
What is more evil, sleeping with someone wife. How about a married man sleeping with prostitutes, or a married woman sleeping around. You hypocrites.
The country is doomed
because of ignorance.
Every human being has
sinned, we are saved by
the grace of god. Sleeping
around/cashgate/ – they
are all evil in the sight of
god. why are you picking
only on Gays and
lesbians? leave them
alone, they are human
beings as well.

6 Likes

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by GodMode: 9:55am On Jul 17, 2014
cheesy
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 9:56am On Jul 17, 2014
MissMeiya:

Yes including Arizona. Homosexuality is not criminalized in any single state of the US. You might be thinking of the bill that proposed to allow INDIVIDUAL business to discriminate against homosexual customers. That bill was vetoed bare weeks after it was proposed.

Look up inalienable rights. It's what the country was founded on.

So gays can't get married in some state in the US, why let them get married in Nigeria then. ya'll going to hell, y'all crazy AF!. y'all dirty!! GOD hates dirt.

too many gay on here.

Am going to bed

wish me good night
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by IdiatFF(f): 9:56am On Jul 17, 2014
MissMeiya:

I believe what you are asking for is a citation. Yes? You want me to give you a citation so you can "tell [me] why they are not proofs of homosexualism been of Africa."

How will you do that? Will you call the authors and researchers and demand that they show you the cave painting, missionary letters and journals, and native interview recordings so you can determine their authenticity? I would really like to know how you would go about disproving a scholarly article. I didn't realize you were an anthropologist. I apologize for the presumption.

By all means, I will provide you with the citations.

"How will you do that? Will you call the authors and researchers and demand that they show you the cave painting, missionary letters and journals, and native interview recordings so you can determine their authenticity? I would really like to know how you would go about disproving a scholarly article. I didn't realize you were an anthropologist. I apologize for the presumption."===>

I don't think all of these were needed when you know you will be giving me the citation. How I intend to disprove your claim will later be another scholarly effort; I wait your citation sir.

1 Like

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 17, 2014
GodMode:

Your ugliness is painful to witness.

Oh, I didn't know you were blind.

1 Like

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 9:58am On Jul 17, 2014
MissMeiya:

Wow, this another level of magic. It'll send me to hell. Wait, is it because the first spell isn't working? And besides, you can't be Christian if you're waving your wand at your phone right now. I didn't know wizards believed in hell. I guess you're taking me with you, huh?

Miss know too much, i use a laptop, y'all dirty, hell is real that where y'all going, as for me, am staying here on earth. GOD hates dirt!!!

Anyways am off to bed now

Wish me goodnight
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 17, 2014
IdiatFF:

"How will you do that? Will you call the authors and researchers and demand that they show you the cave painting, missionary letters and journals, and native interview recordings so you can determine their authenticity? I would really like to know how you would go about disproving a scholarly article. I didn't realize you were an anthropologist. I apologize for the presumption."
I don't think all of these were needed when you know you will be giving me the citation. How I intend to disprove your claim will later be another scholarly effort; I wait your citation sir.

It was necessary. You claimed you will be able to disprove this excerpt (don't forget, I have over 32 more, just from my preliminary search. I have subscriptions to research sites I haven't even logged into yet). So yes, you need to say how.

P.S. This isn't the first time an NLer has assumed I'm a man. Sexism na bad thing.
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Guidette(f): 10:00am On Jul 17, 2014
MissMeiya:

Africans have been so thoroughly violated by colonialism. They don't even know what their culture is anymore.

Homosexuality was an accepted part of many African cultures before it was trampled out by colonial missionaries. The white man told you homosexuality is wrong. Now you think you have always hated it. You tell the white man not to bring in something you forgot you once had.

The white man told you you weren't wearing enough clothes. That you were "indecent". Now you think baring your skin is "un-African". You tell the white man not to corrupt you with their un-African núdity.

The white man told you to worship their god. Now you have surpassed them in religious fanaticism, and you call them heathens.

I weep for my the DESTRUCTION of my people's history and culture. We don't even know what was ours anymore. Confusion.

And believe me, I can back ALL of this up with historical publications and respected research journals.
Im officially in love with this post. Nice one.

3 Likes

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by braine(m): 10:02am On Jul 17, 2014
henryobinna: you gay?
leave naija n go their son

I think its a good move for their growing economy. You don't want the world to be against you coz of the sentiments of sexuality of the popolace.

1 Like

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Jesusculture: 10:02am On Jul 17, 2014
Africa are morally bankrupt to play judge on issues like this. Taking selective moral n religious stand shows the rot in our society.Double standard if I may say. Maybe laws should be enacted for people that commit fornication, adultery, polygamy,child marriages, bigamy as well just to mention a few, which in my pesonal religious belief are all sin before God.Untill those laws are in place,I say stop this moral prejudice and hypocrisy n stop playing God

3 Likes

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 17, 2014
donnypool:

Miss know too much, i use a laptop, y'all dirty, hell is real that where y'all going, as for me, am staying here on earth. GOD hates dirt!!!

Anyways am off to bed now

Wish me goodnight

Ah! The last defense of a sexist frustrated Nigerian man against an intellectual woman: Miss Know Too Much. Oversabi. Miss Too Know.

Good night Mr. Knows Not Enough If Anything At All.

2 Likes

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by GodMode: 10:05am On Jul 17, 2014
cheesy
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by IdiatFF(f): 10:05am On Jul 17, 2014
gratieao:
What is more evil, sleeping with someone wife. How about a married man sleeping with prostitutes, or a married woman sleeping around. You hypocrites.
The country is doomed
because of ignorance.
Every human being has
sinned, we are saved by
the grace of god. Sleeping
around/cashgate/ – they
are all evil in the sight of
god. why are you picking
only on Gays and
lesbians? leave them
alone, they are human
beings as well.
Your thought process is premised on a faulty data, so I can understand your limitations. Gay and Lesbian should never be left alone. They are dirt thus most be cleared. Nobody wants a dirty society? Would you be fine if you see your kids watching two male adult kissing on TV? Protect the society!
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 17, 2014
GodMode:

Are u one of the founders

I'm an American. Gasp!
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 17, 2014
GodMode:

It's better to be blind and have common sense than to see and lack common sense.

*pats head*

Ok dear.
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by GodMode: 10:10am On Jul 17, 2014
$

1 Like

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by kaima1984(f): 10:15am On Jul 17, 2014
iceberylin:
we have bigger Problems to worry about ....
than some insane Dudes...
Exactly my dear

1 Like

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:19am On Jul 17, 2014
[size=18pt]CHRISTIANITY IS UN-AFRICAN!

BAN CHRISTIANITY FIRST![/size]

nonsense thread.. angry

4 Likes

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by GodMode: 10:21am On Jul 17, 2014
$
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 10:22am On Jul 17, 2014
Now, let's talk about Zimbabwe. Oh yes, Zimbabwe. President Mugabe doesn't know a damn thing about his own people.

This excerpt is from an article written by a Zimbabwean historian.

"The Shona of Zimbabwe, for example, like other societies, observed a culture of discretion around sexual matters, and actually recognized various forms of queer sexualities. Examples of pre-colonial gender variance and sexual inversion included ritual celibacy, such as the mbonga, a female guardian whose celibacy protected the Shona chief, and the chibanda, a caste of male diviners possessed by female spirits and referred to in early European sources as “passive sodomites”.

Among the Lovedu people, the gender inversion involved women. The “rain queen” kept her virginity but married girls.

In the nineteenth century, Ndebele and Ngoni warriors introduced the practice of ritual male-male sexuality as part of war preparations.

The argument here being, therefore, that in pre-modern Zimbabwe, as in other pre-modern African states, Africans did not conform to the idealized heterosexuality that contemporary African leaders like Mugabe prefer to claim as “African tradition” (see especially Hungochani: The History of a Dissident Sexuality in Southern Africa).

Sexuality in Zimbabwe on the eve of European conquest was more diverse than so far recognized. This is a critical point to acknowledge if we are to honestly confront and debunk the ahistorical view of homosexuality as something “foreign” and un-African.
Secondly, it is important to appreciate the real roots of our current homophobia. There is little connection between the revulsion we have as Zimbabweans towards homosexuality with our pre-colonial ancestors who, despite having strict rules that governed all sexualities, did not really see homosexuality as “evil” or deride gays as “worse than dogs and pigs”.

In fact, the roots of our homophobia can actually be traced, paradoxically, to the influence of European colonial rule! If we want to argue that homosexuality is “un-African”, it is better not to use “tradition” as a justification for our homophobia because it was actually European colonists who introduced homophobic sentiments in colonial Zimbabwe.

With regards to new sexualized ideas, for example, we know that it was colonization that brought, among other things, the taboo of núdity, new forms of clothing that eroticized the náked female body, and the fetishization of body odor, which led to the notion of African uncleaniliness. Informed by antiquated Victorian and patriarchal Christian gender norms, colonialism also brought narrow definitions of sex and sexuality, which Christian missionaries and colonial officials foisted down the throats of Africans.

In Rhodesia, for example, homosexuality was actually criminalized through such laws as the Immigration Act of 1914 that prohibited anybody practicing prostitution and homosexuality from entering the colony – a clause kept on the statute books until 1980. Colonialism was single-handedly responsible for the evolution of new sexual ideas among Africans, including homophobia. In fact, the extreme homophobia of Zimbabwean nationalist leaders during the 1960s and beyond had its origins in their colonial Christian schooling and middle-class aspirations of seeking bourgeois respectability.

It is fallacious, therefore, for present-day Zimbabweans to claim that “tradition” dictates that homosexuality is “un-African”. That homophobia is very modern and it has colonial roots. And so it is very wrong, actually, to blame colonialism for introducing homosexuality in Africa because, to the contrary, European colonists were notoriously homophobic.”"

30 more papers to go... and then I'll start the actual research.
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Wahala90: 10:23am On Jul 17, 2014
MiguelMi6: Excuse me,but what is Un-african about a sensible government allowing consesnting non-threatning persons express their sexuality as they will.Come to think of it,the laws have been suspended,it still gives you headache,no arrest for gay persons.Do you for a second assume that 14years imprisonment will change a person's gayness.
If with this move,all Western nations flock to her and she develops her country,good for Malawi.What has your own anti-gay law gained you in Nigeria?

Mumu Advocate. But you think jail terms will change a person that involves in other crimes?

2 Likes

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by butterflyy(f): 10:23am On Jul 17, 2014
donnypool:
Those things are evil abi, boko-haram and yerima are following their religion, so we should scrap islam because your name is butterfly? if those things are evil, homo is evil. 14 years is no joke.
i think you should STFU and stop being bias. keep this L.
How could u read without comprehending, pls open ur myopic mind and understand.
Yerima and boko-haram re following their religion as u said, now listen , gays follow what they re and not any religion. This is just ppl loving ppl. And dnt use that word Bias again if u dnt know what it means n where it should be used. I still say, let them n

1 Like

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Wahala90: 10:25am On Jul 17, 2014
calebo101:

Please kindly tell me the benefits of the Anti gay law and how it does impact on the well being of the people, thanks.

[size=14pt]Mumu Advocate, what benefits have same sex marriage brought to them?[/size]

1 Like

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 17, 2014
MiguelMi6: Excuse me,but what is Un-african about a sensible government allowing consesnting non-threatning persons express their sexuality as they will.Come to think of it,the laws have been suspended,it still gives you headache,no arrest for gay persons.Do you for a second assume that 14years imprisonment will change a person's gayness.
If with this move,all Western nations flock to her and she develops her country,good for Malawi.What has your own anti-gay law gained you in Nigeria?
I can see you are a fvcking gay! Tell me, how did you start having this nonsensical homosexual feeling?
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by GodMode: 10:27am On Jul 17, 2014
$

1 Like

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by omoharry(f): 10:27am On Jul 17, 2014
U BE gay ABI?.I hope u nor still dey Naija sha.
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 17, 2014
GodMode:

Continue with your nonsense research..... Hope u keep researching nonsense instead of seeking common sense.

Nonsense = no sense. (How's that for research

^^^ See what illiteracy causes? Warn your children.
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by freecocoa(f): 10:28am On Jul 17, 2014
The way supposedly 'straight' people wan take die unto gay matter is highly suspicious, for feck's sakes someone likes d*ck instead of pu55i, how e take affect una lives?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Dixie Wildfire Becomes The Largest In California History(Pix) / Nigerian Man Goes On Rampage In Italy, Assaults Police Officers. Photos / 'Sea Of Flames': 46 Killed In Taiwan Buiidling Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.