Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,713 members, 7,955,686 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:44 PM

Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. (22961 Views)

Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) / SCREENSHOT. Rev Reinhard Bonnkie Speaks On Homosexuality. / Malawi, Congo, Bar South Africans From Entering Their Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Akshow: 7:37am On Jul 17, 2014
Common sense is starting to prevail. hate the sin and not the sinner. Live and let's live

10 Likes

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Smartsyn(m): 7:37am On Jul 17, 2014
Say NO to homosexuality full stop

2 Likes

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by philtex(m): 7:38am On Jul 17, 2014
i HATE gays.!!

1 Like

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by IdiatFF(f): 7:41am On Jul 17, 2014
MiguelMi6: Excuse me,but what is Un-african about a sensible government allowing consesnting non-threatning persons express their sexuality as they will.Come to think of it,the laws have been suspended,it still gives you headache,no arrest for gay persons.Do you for a second assume that 14years imprisonment will change a person's gayness.
If with this move,all Western nations flock to her and she develops her country,good for Malawi.What has your own anti-gay law gained you in Nigeria?

I will respond to your post from the rear.
First, do you for real think with this decision, the West will 'flock' to Malawi and ignite any meanful development? Sir I do not think so. It is silly for a man to assume that he will be helped by another man just because he decides to dance nake just because the other man likes nake pictures. How about his self worth afterward? Malawi do have a culture like every other African countries which had been in place from time immemorial, but for one Banda to, for a pot of porridge, decide to desecrate such culture corrupting it with another country's show that she is a coward, uncreative and unfit to lead Malawi; development should not be hinged on mendicancy.

Secondly, you asked "... what is Un-african about a sensible
government allowing consesnting non-threatning persons
express their sexuality as they will?" It is known that homosexualism is never of Africa, it was imported. So if we enact laws to prevent it from corrupting our culture and ways of life, I see nothing bad in that. But for outsiders (The West) to threaten a sovereign nation to import an alien culture of theirs into its, Mister, such should be resisted vehemently.

5 Likes

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Mudley313: 7:42am On Jul 17, 2014
iceberylin: COWARDS....

gradually w'll loss our culture ... my dear. AFRICA

uh huh? Just like you lost the culture of killing of twins or albino children deemed as spirit children? my friend the world is fast evolving into a more tolerant one regardless of race, color, creed or even sexual orientation...the backwardness that pervades Nigeria is clearly evident in most of these post

9 Likes

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Akshow: 7:42am On Jul 17, 2014
IdiatFF: I think this is a wrong move for Joyce Banda and her cabinet; this is very un-African. When will African countries stop been beggar nations? Malawi has shown that it's a beggar nation by this act. It's an act of cowardice and it thus confirms what Ms Dambisa Moyo argued in her book 'Dead Aid'. Our leaders are just too lazy and very uncreative. What has Banda done to making sure Malawi moves away from depending on aid from these western countries who never mean well for her country? .. mtchew!!!!!!!!
Don't be naïve. What's is un-African in being gay? Get literatures on d topic and educate ursef. Being gay has nothing to do with where u come. If I may ask u, what's African? Ritualistic killings? Looting of public funds by govt officials? Extortion of gullible members by men of God, lying, scaming and use of dubious ways to get money?

Face it, African is far from holy. We claim and form holier than thou when nobody is as corrupt as us. Sin is sin there is no small or big sin.

17 Likes

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by searay(m): 7:43am On Jul 17, 2014
Poverty bad oooooooo.
Why dem no threaten Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Erotex(m): 7:44am On Jul 17, 2014
Plz pals can BB z10 play android pes game?
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Mudley313: 7:49am On Jul 17, 2014
IdiatFF:
Secondly, you asked "... what is Un-african about a sensible
government allowing consesnting non-threatning persons
express their sexuality as they will?" It is known that homosexualism is never of Africa, it was imported. So if we enact laws to prevent it from corrupting our culture and ways of life, I see nothing bad in that. But for outsiders (The West) to threaten a sovereign nation to import an alien culture of theirs into its, Mister, such should be resisted vehemently.
Are the people practicing it not Africans themselves or is it the white homos that fly themselves to come practice it in africa?

homosexualism is never of Africa
so is the english language you're using to express yourself right now; the western education you got; the cloths you wear; music you listen to; some of the food you eat etc.

But for outsiders (The West) to threaten a sovereign nation to import an alien culture of theirs into its, Mister, such should be resisted vehemently.
same way other nations threatened apartheid south africa with economic sanction when they practiced institutionalized discrimination and segregation against blacks...human rights violation is human rights violation and the global community cannot stand for such hateful and savage backward thinkings in this 21st century

12 Likes

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Janetozi(f): 7:50am On Jul 17, 2014
I congratulated them when they passed the anti gay law, now that they have suspended the law, i withdraw my congratulation because the devil have conquer them *** meanwhile, fp things*** i have been running this race 4 long.

2 Likes

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by pascalmilan11(m): 7:51am On Jul 17, 2014
no cure 4 homosexual
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 17, 2014
Malawi is afraid of the unknown.

A begger will always act like one.

The glory of Africa is diminishing.

3 Likes

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 17, 2014
we all knw its jst a matter of time b4 Nigeria do same..

1 Like

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Janetozi(f): 7:52am On Jul 17, 2014
Janetozi: I congratulated them when they passed the anti gay law, now that they have suspended the law, i withdraw my congratulation because the devil have conquer them *** meanwhile, fp things*** i have been running this race 4 long.
what a shame, i didn't make fp.
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 7:53am On Jul 17, 2014
IdiatFF: I think this is a wrong move for Joyce Banda and her cabinet; this is very un-African. When will African countries stop been beggar nations? Malawi has shown that it's a beggar nation by this act. It's an act of cowardice and it thus confirms what Ms Dambisa Moyo argued in her book 'Dead Aid'. Our leaders are just too lazy and very uncreative. What has Banda done to making sure Malawi moves away from depending on aid from these western countries who never mean well for her country? .. mtchew!!!!!!!!

Africans have been so thoroughly violated by colonialism. They don't even know what their culture is anymore.

Homosexuality was an accepted part of many African cultures before it was trampled out by colonial missionaries. The white man told you homosexuality is wrong. Now you think you have always hated it. You tell the white man not to bring in something you forgot you once had.

The white man told you you weren't wearing enough clothes. That you were "indecent". Now you think baring your skin is "un-African". You tell the white man not to corrupt you with their un-African núdity.

The white man told you to worship their god. Now you have surpassed them in religious fanaticism, and you call them heathens.

I weep for my the DESTRUCTION of my people's history and culture. We don't even know what was ours anymore. Confusion.

And believe me, I can back ALL of this up with historical publications and respected research journals.

23 Likes

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 17, 2014
MiguelMi6: Excuse me,but what is Un-african about a sensible government allowing consesnting non-threatning persons express their sexuality as they will.Come to think of it,the laws have been suspended,it still gives you headache,no arrest for gay persons.Do you for a second assume that 14years imprisonment will change a person's gayness.
If with this move,all Western nations flock to her and she develops her country,good for Malawi.What has your own anti-gay law gained you in Nigeria?
biko tell dem.. I'm still wondering how a 14yr jail term will change sumbdy,d irony of it all is dat dey will b jailed wit men(we all knw homosexuality is rampant in d prison) its simply absurd..

5 Likes

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Mudley313: 7:54am On Jul 17, 2014
TheWholeTruth: The glory of Africa is diminishing.

smh...glory of corruption, looting, bribery, kleptomaniacs, coups, military juntas, and civil war, poverty and diseases?

7 Likes

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 7:57am On Jul 17, 2014
d funniest part of dis is dat d whites brought d Christianity we are all crazy about here!!!! is Christianity african? is Mobile phones,trousers, weaves, internet,shopping malls,cinemas, English African? we only use d term "unafrican' wen it suit us!! even d bible is unafrican!!

11 Likes

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 7:58am On Jul 17, 2014
Mudley313:

smh...glory of corruption, looting, bribery, kleptomaniacs, coups, military juntas, and civil war, poverty and diseases?

Hey, I meant culture.

Nawaa for you Ooo.

1 Like

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 7:58am On Jul 17, 2014
Western nations can not condone polygamy just as Africans can not condone homosexuality.

2 Likes

calebo101:

Please kindly tell me the benefits of the Anti gay law and how it does impact on the well being of the people, thanks. Guess being under developed is so African by the way, right? He who pays the piper dictates the tune. Until African countries are able to live without the aid of developed countries they would be forced to abide by their demands. It's as simple as that. I wonder why e be say na poor men and poor countries dey get principles pass, undecided.

you tell me the benefit of gay freedom in our society today?

1 Like

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 8:01am On Jul 17, 2014
Mudley313:

uh huh? Just like you lost the culture of killing of twins or albino children deemed as spirit children? my friend the world is fast evolving into a more tolerant one regardless of race, color, creed or even sexual orientation...the backwardness that pervades Nigeria is clearly evident in most of these post

Oboy i get one gay friend here wey like taste black a.s.s, you fit do am?
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Tofax: 8:02am On Jul 17, 2014
@IdiatFF, Joyce Banda is not the Malawian President but President Peter Mutharika.
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Austindark(m): 8:03am On Jul 17, 2014
SurePresident:
For the serious ones, I think we should relentlessly monitor and strive to purify our thoughts and imagination. That's where the seed of immorality is first being sown. We should permit only the seed of true Love for humanity. A better world if we all "Love your neighbor as yourself" See her as your sister, see him as your brother.

so??

pls state ur stand..

right move or not

1 Like

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Missy89(f): 8:03am On Jul 17, 2014
Liberal blackmail has finally worked. Oh well
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 17, 2014
mrvocalprowess: biko tell dem.. I'm still wondering how a 14yr jail term will change sumbdy,d irony of it all is dat dey will b jailed wit men(we all knw homosexuality is rampant in d prison) its simply absurd..

we dont need to change them, we need them out of the society. if after 14years imprisonment they still didn't change, we can surely add more 14years to it

1 Like

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Mudley313: 8:04am On Jul 17, 2014
TheWholeTruth:

Hey, I meant culture.

Nawaa for you Ooo.

culture? is christainity and islam our culture or jewish and arabic ones imported to us? abi you don't know the definition of culture..."culture" is a way of life which includes religious practices, food you eat, cloth you wear, music you listen to etc. can you pls stop typing in english now and take off your western-styled clothing in exchange for just wrapper

5 Likes

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by chamboy(m): 8:05am On Jul 17, 2014
My RuSian Brothers, U rock

1 Like

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Nobody: 8:05am On Jul 17, 2014
Akshow: Common sense is starting to prevail. hate the sin and not the sinner. Live and let's live

please in need you to explain the bolded?
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by portable86(f): 8:06am On Jul 17, 2014
Fear of the west,begining of wisdom...i see external forces at work
Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by ochallo: 8:06am On Jul 17, 2014
for those of you saying homosexuality is imported and is not african, you can simply educate yourself by reading the wikipedia page on homosexuality and destroy the ignorance that is synonymous to africans.

Africa
The first record of possible homosexual couple in history is commonly regarded as Khnumhotep and Niankhkhnum, an ancient Egyptian male couple, who lived around 2400 BCE. The pair are portrayed in a nose-kissing position, the most intimate pose in Egyptian art, surrounded by what appear to be their heirs. Anthropologists Stephen Murray and Will Roscoe reported that women in Lesotho engaged in socially sanctioned "long term, erotic relationships" called motsoalle.[53] E. E. Evans-Pritchard also recorded that male Azande warriors in the northern Congo routinely took on young male lovers between the ages of twelve and twenty, who helped with household tasks and participated in intercrural sex with their older husbands.[54]

6 Likes

Re: Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws. by Blockus: 8:06am On Jul 17, 2014
Good move by Malawi.

Sex between consenting adults should never be a criminal act.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

See Kim Yo Jong, Kim Jong Un Sister Running Fast With Bread (photo) / Shooting At YouTube Headquarters In California / Mourners Gather For Funerals Of Children After 'at Least 12' Killed By Hezbollah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.