Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. (30257 Views)

Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. / Affordable low cost housing Option For Lagosians / Award Winning Low-Cost Housing Technology Launches In Nigeria - Investors Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 12, 2014
@ spyder, u too much. U will definitely build for me when i get a property in 042.
How much will it cost to roof double of this house in this project. Am currently building two (one bedroom flat )dt is in d rooffing stage. Am waiting for my housing allowance dt will bepaid by next month but i dont know if it will be enough.

The land showed me pepper as its a sloppy land. it slopped both forward and sideways. it was the first landed property i acquired in my life so they cheated me by changing my land. It was when i heard jist dt they were reselling ppls land dt i found out mine was changed. At all at all na ihm bad pass, so i decided to build small house there to secure d land.

Ive copied d finishing work and roof pics of this project. Its simply classy. The plastering work is just fantastic. This thread is very useful. I wil make sure the piping is done b4 the plastering.

2 Likes

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by janykute: 9:28pm On Oct 12, 2014
mercylicious:
@ spyder, u too much. U will definitely build for me when i get a property in 042.
How much will it cost to roof double of this house in this project. Am currently building two (one bedroom flat )dt is in d rooffing stage. Am waiting for my housing allowance dt will bepaid by next month but i dont know if it will be enough.

The land showed me pepper as its a sloppy land. it slopped both forward and sideways. it was the first landed property i acquired in my life so they cheated me by changing my land. It was when i heard jist dt they were reselling ppls land dt i found out mine was changed. At all at all na ihm bad pass, so i decided to build small house there to secure d land.

Ive copied d finishing work and roof pics of this project. Its simply classy. The plastering work is just fantastic. This thread is very useful. I wil make sure the piping is done b4 the plastering.
Mercy,you just dey everywhere.Investment Agriculture politics and properties.You are really trying o.More power to your elbow.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by proudly233: 3:32am On Oct 13, 2014
spyder880:
There will be an accelerated pace of the work in this site this week. Windows and door, plastering and dressing planned to be done before weekend.

Tell us how much to build naw, .......I'm guessing building this in port harcourt would be more expensive, since I read where you mentioned that renting it would be 100k in Enugu, whereas in Ph, it would be 400k plus, to rent since it's a single house in a compound.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by Kcinho(m): 2:25pm On Oct 14, 2014
proudly233:

Tell us how much to build naw, .......I'm guessing building this in port harcourt would be more expensive, since I read where you mentioned that renting it would be 100k in Enugu, whereas in Ph, it would be 400k plus, to rent since it's a single house in a compound.
100k because of the location. Amorji is an outskirt town. Renting a student apartment ( self contain) in town is around 150-200k/year. So if this was in town, it will definitely be more expensive.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by proudly233: 2:13am On Oct 15, 2014
Kcinho:

100k because of the location. Amorji is an outskirt town. Renting a student apartment ( self contain) in town is around 150-200k/year. So if this was in town, it will definitely be more expensive.

Oh ok, that makes sense.... Meanwhile oga spyder doesn't want to tell us (upcoming hustlers) how much to build this, it's a wa oh.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by AreaFada2: 3:37am On Oct 15, 2014
proudly233:

Oh ok, that makes sense.... Meanwhile oga spyder doesn't want to tell us (upcoming hustlers) how much to build this, it's a wa oh.

Lol.

We're still waiting.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by lmmaculatecon: 6:57am On Oct 15, 2014
AreaFada2:

Lol.

We're still waiting.

Seconded........ wink
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by Nobody: 8:14pm On Oct 15, 2014
janykute:

Mercy,you just dey everywhere.Investment Agriculture politics and properties.You are really trying o.More power to your elbow.

R u now morinitoring spirit? lol
Oga spider come out oooooo. if u see d level wey i get today cos of d thing wey i learn for dis sectn, no be small thing. i told a colleague estimate for decking his house in d village. he made further enquiries frm experts n they told himsame thing. my rep increased.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 15, 2014
Kcinho:

amorji might nt rent as much as 100k for one bedroom. Bt if d finishing and road is good, it might command dt price.
my mum rents her 3bedroom house at abakpa for 12k monthly and 2bedroom for 10k monthly.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by HAH: 11:23pm On Oct 15, 2014
Renting a one bedroom flat like this will be between 750k to 1M in my area in Abuja,

Surely will give it a try as I have land that can build it in my compound, this can cover my children school fees.

Abeg what is the cost so that I will start the planning.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by Kcinho(m): 4:34pm On Oct 16, 2014
mercylicious:

amorji might nt rent as much as 100k for one bedroom. Bt if d finishing and road is good, it might command dt price.
my mum rents her 3bedroom house at abakpa for 12k monthly and 2bedroom for 10k monthly.
That can be true. Though most places in abakpa now ask for 20k/month for 3 bedroom apartments especially around Nike road. You are everywhere in investment. That's good anyway.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 10:01pm On Nov 01, 2014
We have started works on the soakaway system in this house. The tiles comes next with the plumbing works.

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyroxy1(m): 11:38pm On Nov 01, 2014
hmmmm ...hope not too late to resume this class sha
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by danielblessing(m): 4:53pm On Nov 02, 2014
How much is the Cost so far?
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by jerryunit48: 5:44pm On Nov 02, 2014
danielblessing:
How much is the Cost so far?
Oh boy una no go leave oga Spyder with this issue grin, that guy is a grandmaster not a cheat , if I had known him before now I would have given him my project, just relax you will get the answer when he is ready
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by tranxo(m): 5:50pm On Nov 02, 2014
mercylicious:

Location sometimes don't conform to strict rental uniformity these days. I know of a 2 bedroom flat near DDL (newly built and rented this year) that goes for 20k a month. Rooms and interior spaces and compound are quite TINY but ALL finishings are superb, from tiles everywhere, to solid kitchen cabinets, toilet and bath fixtures, borehole. Just 4 houses away, you have a 3room flat built in mid 80"s going for 15k a month.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by tranxo(m): 5:52pm On Nov 02, 2014
Kcinho:

That can be true. Though most places in abakpa now ask for 20k/month for 3 bedroom apartments especially around Nike road. You are everywhere in investment. That's good anyway.
Exactly.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 5:23am On Nov 03, 2014
More work to continue in this house this week.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 2:50pm On Nov 04, 2014
Of course I heard the information late like many people, up to 12 hours after it made it into the dailies that business mogul, Alhaji Aliko Dangote is about to slash cement prices by up to 40%. I got quite a number of calls from friends and readers of many of my articles on the supposed impact of this news in the building industry. My perspective on the whole thing are to be listed down in my points below;

1. How soon are we going to start buying cement for N1000.00?

I quickly called some of my heavy dealers in Dangote cement and questioned them about this, they said the company asked them yesterday to wait till 2 weeks so they could exhaust the old stock of cement before buying the new batch with lowered costs.

2. How much will you be selling the cement to us the unit consumers?

When I asked them this question, they were of the opinion that since they are supposed to be buying from Dangote at N1000.00 advertised, they will add their offloading charges and profit to the price, which means that you and me might be buying cement for between N1,100-N1,200, depending on your location.

3. Is this new cement exactly the same with the ones in the shops now?

They said its not! They said this cement will be of the 32.5 capacity, instead of the 42.5 in circulation now. Meaning that there is a possibility that this new cement coming in might not be as strong as the ones we are using now.

4. Will this mean that construction costs will fall overall?

Well it needs to be seen first, how much the prices will drop to and how the quality might turn out to be. If the fall is drastic and supplies constant, it might well ease off on project costs and benefit builders and home owners alike. It has the capacity to bring a construction boom if well managed.

5. What impact will this have on the other cement manufacturers and importers?

Do you that there is some news in the grapevine about the real reasons for the price drop being as a result of intense competition and a need to command more market share among cement producers? In this case the competition is expected to react, either reduce prices as well or increase quality, or even drop supplies, creating a heavy scarcity since Dangote is expected to flooded with a deluge of orders. What happens next? Another price increase to scare off surplus demands. Competition is unpredictable.

6. Will it affect the cost of rents, will landlords reduce rents?

That is like wishing for too much, since we have not even seen the reduction, but however there are other factors in construction which needs to drop before rents can drop. What about land costs and illegal fees? What about rods, sand, granite and labour costs, will they all soft-pedal like Dangote?

7. Does this have political undertones, especially ahead of 2015 general elections?

Don't put me in trouble, I don't know! grin

1 Like

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by HAH: 10:28pm On Nov 04, 2014
spyder880:
Of course I heard the information late like many people, up to 12 hours after it made it into the dailies that business mogul, Alhaji Aliko Dangote is about to slash cement prices by up to 40%. I got quite a number of calls from friends and readers of many of my articles on the supposed impact of this news in the building industry. My perspective on the whole thing are to be listed down in my points below;

1. How soon are we going to start buying cement for N1000.00?

I quickly called some of my heavy dealers in Dangote cement and questioned them about this, they said the company asked them yesterday to wait till 2 weeks so they could exhaust the old stock of cement before buying the new batch with lowered costs.

2. How much will you be selling the cement to us the unit consumers?

When I asked them this question, they were of the opinion that since they are supposed to be buying from Dangote at N1000.00 advertised, they will add their offloading charges and profit to the price, which means that you and me might be buying cement for between N1,100-N1,200, depending on your location.

3. Is this new cement exactly the same with the ones in the shops now?

They said its not! They said this cement will be of the 32.5 capacity, instead of the 42.5 in circulation now. Meaning that there is a possibility that this new cement coming in might not be as strong as the ones we are using now.

4. Will this mean that construction costs will fall overall?

Well it needs to be seen first, how much the prices will drop to and how the quality might turn out to be. If the fall is drastic and supplies constant, it might well ease off on project costs and benefit builders and home owners alike. It has the capacity to bring a construction boom if well managed.

5. What impact will this have on the other cement manufacturers and importers?

Do you that there is some news in the grapevine about the real reasons for the price drop being as a result of intense competition and a need to command more market share among cement producers? In this case the competition is expected to react, either reduce prices as well or increase quality, or even drop supplies, creating a heavy scarcity since Dangote is expected to flooded with a deluge of orders. What happens next? Another price increase to scare off surplus demands. Competition is unpredictable.

6. Will it affect the cost of rents, will landlords reduce rents?

That is like wishing for too much, since we have not even seen the reduction, but however there are other factors in construction which needs to drop before rents can drop. What about land costs and illegal fees? What about rods, sand, granite and labour costs, will they all soft-pedal like Dangote?

7. Does this have political undertones, especially ahead of 2015 general elections?

Don't put me in trouble, I don't know! grin

If Dangote still makes profit after crashing price from 1700 to 1000, that mean he has been cheating Nigerians all along
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 7:08am On Nov 08, 2014
We are still working on this soakaway system, the pit is getting deeper as we work more.

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 7:11am On Nov 08, 2014
Then we bought the toilet seat, plumbing set for both the toilet and kitchen works.

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 12, 2014
Good day oga spyder, pls kindly let me know how much will finish this project from start to finish. I am very much interested and will appreciate the full details. Can you build in Ogun State? Pls kindly revert, my email is oduracheal@yahoo.com. Thanks
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 6:08pm On Dec 07, 2014
7COLOURS:
Good day oga spyder, pls kindly let me know how much will finish this project from start to finish. I am very much interested and will appreciate the full details. Can you build in Ogun State? Pls kindly revert, my email is oduracheal@yahoo.com. Thanks

Thank you bro, I am still compiling costs and will announce same when I am done with the work. For working in Ogun state, well I will when I will eventually move to Lagos. Thank you.
Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 6:11pm On Dec 07, 2014
We have completed the digging of the soakaway pit here.

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 6:14pm On Dec 07, 2014
So all works about the soakaway system will start tomorrow morning. And, we got a neighbour just starting to fence his land near us........

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 6:17pm On Dec 07, 2014
And we have built and installed the metal grille protector.

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 5:41pm On Dec 20, 2014
We have completed the soakaway system in this house.....

Re: Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. by spyder880(m): 5:43pm On Dec 20, 2014
Finishing works going on here now, tiles etc........

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Cost Of Renting A 2 Bedroom Apartment In Lagos | Co-tenant / Construction Of A 5bedroom Bungalow With Pent@Ado-Ekiti / How Much Was Your Monthly Earning When You Secured Your Own Apartment?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.