Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,631 members, 7,955,311 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:14 PM

Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! (144001 Views)

This Is A Must Read For All, Especially married and Intending Couples / I Caught My Pastor-husband Naked, ‘counselling’ A Naked Church Member —wife / Fun- Bonding Activities For Couples (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (67) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by megamindmaster(m): 12:40pm On Aug 17, 2014
Emioga: Mine is worse.my MIL and BIL stay with us despite they have 3 houses of their own.its been tough bt to make matters worse hubby will tell u 'its my house and u didnt give me money and u r d visitor ,if u aint comfortable move out''.marrige aint sweet i tell ya
sad sorry I am asking, but how did you marry a man who can "outrighly" say that to his wife? Has he always been like this? Is there a friction in your union? There is obviously a huge problem here. Pls tell us more, there must be a way out...

4 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by temi4fash(m): 3:24pm On Aug 17, 2014
Emioga: @temi i just moved into town from lagos so am seriously searching.hope to get one very fast.pple say i shud mind my bizness in d house hw does one actually do that?
Don't worry God would provide... Atleast no matter how small to shall be able to go and come back in the evening to avoid see finish.. You do that by minding urself strictly.. Don't interfere with their family..Any matter wey no concern u no put mouth.. Lastly no matter wat they do, don't let them get into ur head.. Just be happy , be close to God and take gud care of ur kids. A lot of woman have passed thru this road and came out strong and sure u can too..

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Emioga: 8:19pm On Aug 17, 2014
@megamindmaster when we were courting no be like this o(at dat tyme he was building his house)immediately we moved in last year january BIL moved in and MIL moved in feburary.by april/may/june wahala don start(her food is small,i give her bones)etc so hubby separate food.since BIL came to stay we no dey greet(secondary skool boy)my MIL has 2houses of her own(1 complete and one unda construction)while she inherited 2 4rm her hubby(1 in lagos and 1 in ogun state)wonder y she cant stay in these houses!!! I dnt have a prblm with hubby financing his family i wud just prefer them out of my home(doesnt even feel like a home)where is my hubby in all this?telling me if i cant take the heat i move out!and that he cant allow his mother to curse him because of his wife(talk of killing me emotionally)even my family never come my house b4(fear of MIL).story plenty jare@temi no kids yet bt pregnant right nw.feeling so alone
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by pickabeau1: 8:23pm On Aug 17, 2014
Do you have a job or source of income

If i got your post.. your BIL is a secondary school leaver who may soon leave for uni

ALso do you have a house maid

Emioga: @megamindmaster when we were courting no be like this o(at dat tyme he was building his house)immediately we moved in last year january BIL moved in and MIL moved in feburary.by april/may/june wahala don start(her food is small,i give her bones)etc so hubby separate food.since BIL came to stay we no dey greet(secondary skool boy)my MIL has 2houses of her own(1 complete and one unda construction)while she inherited 2 4rm her hubby(1 in lagos and 1 in ogun state)wonder y she cant stay in these houses!!! I dnt have a prblm with hubby financing his family i wud just prefer them out of my home(doesnt even feel like a home)where is my hubby in all this?telling me if i cant take the heat i move out!and that he cant allow his mother to curse him because of his wife(talk of killing me emotionally)even my family never come my house b4(fear of MIL).story plenty jare@temi no kids yet bt pregnant right nw.feeling so alone
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by temi4fash(m): 9:20pm On Aug 17, 2014
Emioga: @megamindmaster when we were courting no be like this o(at dat tyme he was building his house)immediately we moved in last year january BIL moved in and MIL moved in feburary.by april/may/june wahala don start(her food is small,i give her bones)etc so hubby separate food.since BIL came to stay we no dey greet(secondary skool boy)my MIL has 2houses of her own(1 complete and one unda construction)while she inherited 2 4rm her hubby(1 in lagos and 1 in ogun state)wonder y she cant stay in these houses!!! I dnt have a prblm with hubby financing his family i wud just prefer them out of my home(doesnt even feel like a home)where is my hubby in all this?telling me if i cant take the heat i move out!and that he cant allow his mother to curse him because of his wife(talk of killing me emotionally)even my family never come my house b4(fear of MIL).story plenty jare@temi no kids yet bt pregnant right nw.feeling so alone
from the bit of what you have said seems ur hubby is trying to avoid a collision btw him and his mum.. And he seems to me like a gud man who is caught in the middle.. Thank God he has already seperated stuffs in the house. So u av no business with them.. Weda ur BIL greet u or not just ignore him.. Na still small boy dai worry m. Since you expecting a baby pls take gud care of urself and be happy.. U don wana stress urself in ur condition... You are not alone. The lord is with you. I believe in the power of prayers and am sure their is notin the lord cannot do. Just keep faith alive and think of the positve things in the marriage and am sure u wuld be just good.

2 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 11:31pm On Aug 17, 2014
megamindmaster:
Thanks a lot, remain blessed
You are welcome.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by krystal101(f): 6:31am On Aug 18, 2014
They obviously are there to frustrate you, you will have to KEEP yourself happy ALWAYS, don't stress yourself, you don't need it. Be VERY prayerful, if you can't do so alone, get pastors to join you. The Lord is your strength.

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by snazzylove: 9:06am On Aug 18, 2014
Emioga: Mine is worse.my MIL and BIL stay with us despite they have 3 houses of their own.its been tough bt to make matters worse hubby will tell u 'its my house and u didnt give me money and u r d visitor ,if u aint comfortable move out''.marrige aint sweet i tell ya

Babe sorry to ask but was that marriage arranged or you guys met each other on your own, dated and then decided to marry?
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Wendy80(f): 3:40pm On Aug 18, 2014
Very nice thread. When u think u have issues, hmmmm. Omo my own na lollipop compared to wht I read here oh. May God Strengthen U all.

9 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by MARKone(m): 6:54pm On Aug 18, 2014
Wendy80: Very nice thread. When u think u have issues, hmmmm. Omo my own na lollipop compared to wht I read here oh. May God Strengthen U all.

grin grin

Oya share some of that lollipop

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by egopersonified(f): 7:20pm On Aug 18, 2014
@ Emioga, your husband might not want to confront his mum concerning issues u might have with her, so he just threatens you with the you are a visitor bit because he probably knows u wont just jump out of marriage easily. Just stay clear of their way, u can still get a job or start a bizness while preggy or after you put to birth to keep you busy and out of the house. But always try to keep loving yr husband, dont let resentment flood your mind, talk to him, show him what it means to be in love, learn not to take what you in-laws say to heart, trust your God, and most importantly, take care of yourself so you dont look 50 at 35.

2 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Emioga: 7:26pm On Aug 18, 2014
Dnt have a maid@picabeau@temi i knw their r ways to put sm1 loved ones in place y cant he?as 4 me am a vry private person bt with them no privacy(just 2 close door na slamming things)constant shouting as early as 4am(dnt knw y dem dey shout i swear)etc.am praying o.just pray God shud do smtin fast,thanks 2 evry1 though i do feel beta.guess when i ve my baby i wnt feel so alone.sm1 asked if d marriage was arranged it wasnt bt i realise now that i overlooked alot of things(guess na my fault abi?)bt i knw it is well cause only time is d best justice and God knws i cant wait!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Emioga: 7:30pm On Aug 18, 2014
@ego u knw exactly hw am feeling!!!!i feel soooo mch hate 2wards hubby bt like u said i will keep trying my best.thanks ur advice was right on tyme
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by temi4fash(m): 7:42pm On Aug 18, 2014
Emioga: Dnt have a maid@picabeau@temi i knw their r ways to put sm1 loved ones in place y cant he?as 4 me am a vry private person bt with them no privacy(just 2 close door na slamming things)constant shouting as early as 4am(dnt knw y dem dey shout i swear)etc.am praying o.just pray God shud do smtin fast,thanks 2 evry1 though i do feel beta.guess when i ve my baby i wnt feel so alone.sm1 asked if d marriage was arranged it wasnt bt i realise now that i overlooked alot of things(guess na my fault abi?)bt i knw it is well cause only time is d best justice and God knws i cant wait!!!!!!
Madam sometimes its not easy as its seems especially when its is the mother involved and depending on the kind of upbringing one had. Am sure he too feels for you too. But his hands are tied. All dos shouting and the many issues you have to develop a thick skin for it oo.. Don't allow it get to you. Assume they are your noisy neighbours so if them like make them turn night to day.. Just dai look and don't let it get to you. Its not easy but mehn u gat to do wat u gat to do. Meanwhile cont to love ur hubby, pray for ur family and takia of urself and prepare for ur coming baby. These is not the time to regret or think of wat and wat u shld av not done but time to look forward dwell more on why u decided to spend the rest of ur life with ur hubby. If ur life is not yet at risk in any way then just look forward and continue to pray answers will come in time. Shalom.. Anytime u feel alone the thread is here just come and vent here am sure a lot of pple around here would help.. The lord is ur strength...

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 10:41pm On Aug 18, 2014
Is it really easy to show love and care when you are deeply hurt by the things he has done to you. It is just resentment that will follow.

I just wish spouses will understand the essence of marriage apart from procreation. Couples are meant to be companion, but these days husbands are married to bbm, whatsapp, 2go, etc name it. Forgetting to play the primary roles of marriage.

Why will you choose to hurt someone you have gone to pay her bride price and bring her into your house as one. Marriage will be better if we treat others the way we want them to treat us. Most of the trash we dish out to people, we would never take half of it from them.

May God give us the strength to love without being loved in return. But I must say as humans it is difficult.

6 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 11:08pm On Aug 18, 2014
Had to edit.re read what I wrote and I sound like a wicked soul,hehehehehe

Will think properly and come back with a better epistle

@bellong,I hear you..Brother Peter is my mentor.

@Icherish you,you are so on point.Loving an offender is so hard especially when they keep hurting you.

@ Kunbee,that your aunt Nawa OOO. I laughed sooo hard.How are they managing?

@softsparky and megamind,you made me laugh grin..

NB some people are sending me emails,sorry I can't get to them,plus I believe my 'family' have become monitoring spirits but they don't have solid proof yet cheesy grin
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by pickabeau1: 11:25pm On Aug 18, 2014
Emioga: Dnt have a maid@picabeau@temi i knw their r ways to put sm1 loved ones in place y cant he?as 4 me am a vry private person bt with them no privacy(just 2 close door na slamming things)constant shouting as early as 4am(dnt knw y dem dey shout i swear)etc.am praying o.just pray God shud do smtin fast,thanks 2 evry1 though i do feel beta.guess when i ve my baby i wnt feel so alone.sm1 asked if d marriage was arranged it wasnt bt i realise now that i overlooked alot of things(guess na my fault abi?)bt i knw it is well cause only time is d best justice and God knws i cant wait!!!!!!

Do you have a job or source of income

What kind of house do u live in - 3 bedroom? flat? etc
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 19, 2014
Emioga,
I have thought about your situation a bit and even though I cannot begin to imagine the pain you are in,I pray that somehow you find some succour here by venting..

1. The statements your hubby has been making are hurtful and I know you feel hate in your heart for him plus resentment.Its alright to feel this way,but it's not healthy.Since he has said get with the programme or get out,there is really nothing you can do except getting out or finding a way to live with the reality on ground.
You need to know your hubby is this way because he's probably been programmed from childhood not to question his mother or displease her in any way.
This kind of behaviour is found in mothers who live for their kids,sacrifice everything for them in a bid to escape a bad or unhappy marriage.Or in a situation where the father isn't very active in the life of the child and the mother is the driving force..giving up everything for the kids.Oftentimes,these moms tell their children,' you are my brother,my sister,my father,my mother,my life,my everything'.I have had to bear everything for your sake.I had to give up everything for your sake.
Imagine drumming this day in day out into the ears of a child?Imagine a child seeing their mother so unhappy in a marriage and believing she's suffering just to make them happy.Imagine where the mother has to hawk things and bring out her last kobo just to send him to uni etc.. Imagine having a father who doesn't know what school or class you are in.. Or a father who is fine with letting the mom boss the home and always have her way.
The kids grow up thinking that saying no to her or correcting her is the same as negating all her suffering for them.They can't imagine one second of her being unhappy or going against what she wants cos it's like a betrayal of all her sacrifice.
So,you are seen as an outsider...Mommys needs and wants are wayyy above yours and any protest will never end in your favour cos you were not there when mama was drinking garri in order to send them to school.

Unfortunately,this is going to be a verry long term situation so I cannot advise you to take on an offensive stance especially cos your hubby isn't on your side.There's hardly anything you can do except arrange yourself and become an o yes member.I'm sad to say you just have to suffer and smile,find a way to make his mother like you,keep praying,remain frustrated or pack out.

Another thing to do is bide your time,be at your best and then appeal to your husbands sense of reason.Ask him to put himself in your shoes,tell him you are unhappy..table your pain before him and then rest your case.This only works on a reasonable man.I am believing your man is reasonable and said what he did out of anger.

Christian books normally tell us to start with changing ourselves,loving the person who offends us.As Icherish you pointed out,it is HARD but maybe it could work ? I really don't know how I can be loving and at my best for someone who's hurting me but people have done it and sometimes,it has yielded positive result.This will take patience,a blow to your pride and dignity but it may make your hubby listen to you..
I honestly feel that this beats living in anger and misery cos you may fall ill from all the negative energy. Plus your inlaws aren't going anywhere at least for now.

Start by trying to fix your relationship with your man..Communicate,talk,cry,reconcile,forgive.If not,you are also in danger of turning your whole focus on your child,pouring in your whole life and forming an unhealthy attachment. If you do this,the cycle will continue.Your child is your child,not your hope or your escape from reality.

Days will come when you may consider slicing sontin with a kitchen knife,but you have to stay positive and hope things will become better.Channel positive energy,channel peace into your mind,meditate.Blank out the unwanted.
You are in my prayers.

7 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Juzzybabe(f): 10:17am On Aug 19, 2014
Hummm...@ Temi,I volunteer to put your family in my prayers.

2 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by freecocoa(f): 10:18am On Aug 19, 2014
Oboi! If I say fear isn't catching me Omo na lie.

I just can't seem to understand how a man would have an er*ction around his baby, that's like the weirdest ish ever, someone like me will never be able to understand that.

Best thread ever.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by mamateniola1: 6:59pm On Aug 19, 2014
Hummm, what can I say... You guys are the bomb!! Real life situations here. I have seen women in some situations like these but meennn, these are jaw dropping.
Been reading posts since yesterday night and I just finished now but I cent help but comment oh.@hispinkolo, I kept lafing since yesterday. You are a sumtin. Lolll.

Emioga, I don't know what to say oh but you gat apply wisdom, wisdom wisdom. Don't allow them make yur life a leaving hell oh in your own house(your husband will soon know that he is the stranger) he just dey fear for his relationship with his mother but I m angry for you for that statement he made. Just be calm. Do your thing like they don't even exist. It's your house.
@ll goodevening oh. Me sef get in-laws story but my in laws are not bad atall

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by megamindmaster(m): 9:18pm On Aug 19, 2014
mamateniola1: Hummm, what can I say... You guys are the bomb!! Real life situations here. I have seen women in some situations like these but meennn, these are jaw dropping.
Been reading posts since yesterday night and I just finished now but I cent help but comment oh.@hispinkolo, I kept lafing since yesterday. You are a sumtin. Lolll. But we get some kin thins in common honestly. I like the drama part, rolling on the floor tinz, me I can feign illness make he cook for the week otherwise he goes hungry.., that's his punishment oh. Lolll.

Emioga, I don't know what to say oh but you gat apply wisdom, wisdom wisdom. Don't allow them make yur life a leaving hell oh in your own house(your husband will soon know that he is the stranger) he just dey fear for his relationship with his mother but I m angry for you for that statement he made. Just be calm. Do your thing like they don't even exist. It's your house.
@ll goodevening oh. Me sef get in-laws story but my in laws are not bad atall save for SIL wey dey feel 'na my brother house ' I dry show am oh. I will be back to give you d gist make I see how I go protect my post/phone/nairaland thins as DH n I don't lock our phones so I don't want him stumbling on this particular one. Brb
Lol @ protect your phone. @hisinkolo, you have just said it all. Took it all outta my mouth. That is a difficult situation. I am so learning a lot. Me and my fiance even discuss how all "inlaws" visits should be... Tho one can never have is total control over it, but they all need to understand that this is a new home now, there should be some level of compotment from everyone so that peace will rain. I don't really like a situation where the woman will now start living like a househelp in her own home... This is a tough position I must say, my own na to dey pray o, and that's what I'll do for you my dear...@Emioga
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 9:39pm On Aug 19, 2014
Hmnnn,then I'm so lucky to be free of all the stress that comes with having in laws...it's not easy.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Kunbee: 10:02pm On Aug 19, 2014
hispinkolo:
@ Kunbee,that your aunt Nawa OOO. I laughed sooo hard.How are they managing?

I don't even know but I think he is gonna move but na every year the guy dey move to go and meet her grin grin and he still lives in my city. They fit eachother.

Please God give me a family that all our personalities align and accommodate eachother.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 10:02pm On Aug 19, 2014
@hispinkolo it is very difficult to give or show love without getting anything in return. There will always be resentment especially if the person hurting is still hurting you.

I have a cuz that is almost into depression now cos the hubby has hurt her so much. And we are all saying she should ignore and try to play her part but I must tell it is difficult for her.

Some churches aren't helping matter by doing post marital counseling for couples to ascertain whether they are happy or not. Everyone wants to put up appearances and pretend all is well.

The most important thing is that every woman should be financially empowered. Be busy as it helps to take your mind off most worries. Every woman should get out there to work or learn a skill. Skill acquisition is affordable now or some churches or NGO does it free.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by snazzylove: 11:41am On Aug 20, 2014
@hispinkolo and Icherishu: u gals hv said it all. Most importantly like u pointed out it very difficult to show love to somone that hurts or is still hurting you.
My dear Emioga, as it stands now, you have no choice than to love that man. Seriously. Moving out is not an alternative. What will even be your reason 4 leaving your matrimonial home, in-laws? They are not worth it. Believe me' its a passing phase. I mentioned on this thread that you can never predict how hubby will react if the issue has to do with his people (especially the mum) there is this hidden sentiment and defense wall they build around them. What am I saying, the key to your success in that marriage is pretense. Yes, PRETEND, pretend as much as you can for the sake of peace.
grin. If she was staying with me (like in your case) maybe r/ship would have bin different, and this is why and where you need a lot of wisdom. Don't argue or exchange words with her, don't stand in her way (especially in the kitchen). Thank God the issue of cooking was resolved by your hubby. But my dear you need to develop a thick skin, very thick one oo. Always have it at the back of your mind that they are the real 'visitors' (forget about what hubby said) they can't live with you 4eva. Its a passing phase, the cross you have to bear now for your marriage to work.

Finally, I have to say again, LOVE YOUR HUBBY. Its difficult, but that's the only alternative you have. Make you home lively, stop complaining to him about his mother, stop giving him the impression that you don't like their presence in your home, whatever you can do to change his opinion about you towards his people, pls do. Why am I saying this? At the end of all these struggle and rat-race, it will only be you and your hubby, that has bin my watchword in my marriage. Somtimes hubby will annoy me to the point of wanting to curse him, but when I sit down in my quiet time and reflect, I realise that this was the man I loved and married, if he were as bad maybe I wouldn't have married him, we sleep and wake up everyday 2geda, why would I resent him so much. At a time like this I try to think about those thins that appealed to me when I first accepted his proposal, how crazy we were about each other, then there was no in-laws. So minus in-laws I should still be crazy about this man.

In essence, stop seeing the bad aspect of your hubby, am sure there are somthings that he still gets right, concentrate on them. Think about when you were dating how much u waited or wanted him to propose, stop feeling all alone, bring him back home, good a thing you are expecting a baby, draw him close, talk about your unborn child, make him hold you and feel ur babys movement, do those things you know he likes that apppeals to his senses. Make him feel as the man and the head of the family that he is, if you are doing something and he says stop, you may not like it but stop ant talk to him later about it.

If he sees positive changes from you, believe he will turn around, you will be surprise.
NOTE: all these I have stated above will not be easy but it requires a lot of selfidiscipline and a strong will plus prayers to achieve.
That is the sacrifice you have to make.

I wish you the very best.

7 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 12:14pm On Aug 20, 2014
@mamateniola
We dey wait OOO,hahahahahaha.

Snazzylove,
You don talk am..Nothing to add.

@Icherishu
I totally get where you are coming from.Suffer and smile cos of fear of what people will say.
Make I no lie,I'm good at writing epistles and telling people the good things to do,but I don't practice all of them o.
You can see from my personal experiences that I react in a not nice way for starters and then repent later.
Yesterday hubby irritated me,d bobo was watching TV with his whole soul when I was busy doing 10 things at a time including baby who refused to stay at a place(sometimes I just want to handcuff her to a chair). Next thing he came up to me to hug and kiss his ancestors..I gave him a sharp jab on his stomach and told him how grateful to God I am for giving me a kind,helpful,loving husband(all with a sarcastic smile).He just arranged himself sharply and finished up with the dishes while calling me a wicked woman grin

Loving an unrepentant hurtful person is an uphill task ,I doubt I'm capable.I only do the ones I do cos I feel hubby is a good man and he doesn't hurt me on purpose.I bow for the saintly people who love I spite of everything.(your reward is in heaven).You try for as long as you can mainly because you chose to marry the person. When you give up,no one can blame you.Who is a robot? I will say find a way to make yourself happy eg a hobby,gym,swimming class,Zumba etc while you look up to Jesus to change the offender after all your efforts have failed.

One thing I will NOT allow is for someone to drive me crazy or make me sink into depression for the rest of my life.Imagine developing excess wrinkles on your face.Hoiii!izz not my portion!

2 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Godmystrength: 12:41pm On Aug 20, 2014
hispinkolo: @mamateniola
We dey wait OOO,hahahahahaha.

Snazzylove,
You don talk am..Nothing to add.

@Icherishu
I totally get where you are coming from.Suffer and smile cos of fear of what people will say.
Make I no lie,I'm good at writing epistles and telling people the good things to do,but I don't practice all of them o.
You can see from my personal experiences that I react in a not nice way for starters and then repent later.
Yesterday hubby irritated me,d bobo was watching TV with his whole soul when I was busy doing 10 things at a time including baby who refused to stay at a place(sometimes I just want to handcuff her to a chair). Next thing he came up to me to hug and kiss his ancestors..I gave him a sharp jab on his stomach and told him how grateful to God I am for giving me a kind,helpful,loving husband(all with a sarcastic smile).He just arranged himself sharply and finished up with the dishes while calling me a wicked woman grin

Loving an unrepentant hurtful person is an uphill task ,I doubt I'm capable.I only do the ones I do cos I feel hubby is a good man and he doesn't hurt me on purpose.I bow for the saintly people who love I spite of everything.(your reward is in heaven).You try for as long as you can mainly because you chose to marry the person. When you give up,no one can blame you.Who is a robot? I will say find a way to make yourself happy eg a hobby,gym,swimming class,Zumba etc while you look up to Jesus to change the offender after all your efforts have failed.

One thing I will NOT allow is for someone to drive me crazy or make me sink into depression for the rest of my life.Imagine developing excess wrinkles on your face.Hoiii!izz not my portion!
This got me rotf grin grin grin grin. Your posts are always funny and soul lifting.

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Godmystrength: 1:06pm On Aug 20, 2014
I have promised myself not to complain about hubby again but somethings happened/happens and i just want to know if its just a normal thing and whether i am just overreacting.

I noticed sometimes ago that hubby is fond of going through my phones behind my back and copying out some numbers without my knowledge. How do i get to know?
In my former job like 2 years ago, i was in a meeting in the office and one of my colleague that went to the bank came back and told me my hubby called her and was asking about me (where i was). She was now asking how my hubby got her number, i was just surprised and could only mumbled some incoherent answers to her. When i call to ask why he didn't call my own number but chose to call a colleague, he said my line wasn't going through. I asked him why he called, he said he was just checking on me. I also asked how he got her number and that was when he told me he got it from my phone. When i tried to ask why he did that without my knowledge, he just got jumpy and started changing the line of talk asking what does it matter. I was angry and just couldn't understand the reason for that..

Fast forward to last week, i was in the office and about to call my hubby and my colleague's phone rang only for her to pick and tell me my husband wants to talk to me. I just collected the phone and acted cool all through the call. He was just calling to know if i had reach my office. Why didn't he call my phone, he said it wasn't going through. Same thing happened on Monday when we were in a meeting in the office (with the MD/CEO who is a very funny person that can even call you a fool if your phone rings during a meeting - it must even ring to his hearing during office hours oo)and my phone was on vibration and he get calling me and i was ending the call (more than 10times). it wasn't convenient for me to excuse myself to pick his call (i had already told him that whenever he calls my phone for more than twice and i don't pick, he should just send a text). When my phone stopped ringing, my Head of Dept's phone started ringing (he forgot to put his phone on silence) and he was just silencing the calls. He got a lot of missed calls only for him to pick the call after the meeting and told me that my hubby wants to talk to me. embarassedI was so embarrassed because everybody knew when his phone was ringing continuously and they heard him when he said it was my hubby on line. I just calmly told him that i will call him with my phone. When i called, he said he wanted to ask if i had closed and that when i didn't pick, he became worried. i told him he could have sent a text and he was like what if i had been kidnapped? shocked. Asking how he got my oga's number, he said he copied it from my phone. When and why? He got angry........... I am just wondering what this means and have not been able to make sense from it all.

i want sometime to pass before i raise it with him again but just want to know if it is not out of the ordinary. Who does that?
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by cutiemoi: 1:31pm On Aug 20, 2014
Godmystrength:

i want sometime to pass before i raise it with him again but just want to know if it is not out of the ordinary. Who does that?

Lol! He loves you and is just insecure. His mind maybe playing tricks on him.

To mrs emioga...my dear, I really felt for you. Every1 has been advisin u to lovee ur hubby, but I will like to add, love your MIL too. Find a way to also love her and avoid every sort of confrontation(but its good to voice out once in a while so you don't die in silence but don't insult) are you a christain? If yes, devote time to church activities, altleast it takes you out of the house. You can learn a skill too. It will pass.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Godmystrength: 1:37pm On Aug 20, 2014
cutiemoi:

Lol! He loves you and is just insecure. His mind maybe playing tricks on him.
and what kinda tricks could that be? Why does he have to copy the number behind my back and he doesn't even tell me afterwards until he calls the person?

Na wa for that kind of love then o

4 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by snazzylove: 1:56pm On Aug 20, 2014
Godmystrength: and what kinda tricks could that be? Why does he have to copy the number behind my back and he doesn't even tell me afterwards until he calls the person?

[b][/b]Na wa for that kind of love then o

Love nwa ntinti grin.
Insecurity! He only wants to be sure you are where u said u are at every point in time. No be say ur line no dey go cheesy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (67) (Reply)

Man Catches His Wife Sleeping With Another Man; Takes A Selfie With Them (Pix) / Modern Igbo Baby Names / Married Woman Kissing Her Secret Lover Gets Stuck To His Lips(photos,video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.