Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,054 members, 7,818,159 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! - Family (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! (141149 Views)

This Is A Must Read For All, Especially married and Intending Couples / I Caught My Pastor-husband Naked, ‘counselling’ A Naked Church Member —wife / Fun- Bonding Activities For Couples (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (67) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Godmystrength: 1:49pm On Aug 21, 2014
bodashee: @Godismystrength, that's so good to hear. Happy for u.
kiss
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Godmystrength: 1:51pm On Aug 21, 2014
Wendy80:

Hahahahah grin cheesy

Godmystrength
Thank God for the happy ending. **clappinghands**
grin grin
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 21, 2014
@Godismystrength
I go love ooooooo grin grin.
Happy for youuuuu. I'm sure he will repent.
Good job!
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Godmystrength: 2:10pm On Aug 21, 2014
hispinkolo: @Godismystrength
I go love ooooooo grin grin.
Happy for youuuuu. I'm sure he will repent.
Good job!
Amen to that.... grin grin grin
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by snazzylove: 2:20pm On Aug 21, 2014
Happy for you gal.
But come and finish d story...lol tongue tongue grin
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Godmystrength: 2:37pm On Aug 21, 2014
snazzylove: Happy for you gal.
But come and finish d story...lol tongue tongue grin
wetin remain for there again?? grin
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by snazzylove: 3:06pm On Aug 21, 2014
When I was younger, my mama used to say that husband and wife issues are always settled on the bed, I didn't understand it then, thought she meant just sitting or lying on d bed to settle the matter cheesy. But now I know better. @Godmystrenght: putting momma's advice into practice cheesy cheesy. Kip it up.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Godmystrength: 3:22pm On Aug 21, 2014
snazzylove: When I was younger, my mama used to say that husband and wife issues are always settled on the bed, I didn't understand it then, thought she meant just sitting or lying on d bed to settle the matter cheesy. But now I know better. @Godmystrenght: putting momma's advice into practice cheesy cheesy. Kip it up.
exactly what we did o grin cheesy
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by mamateniola1: 3:29pm On Aug 21, 2014
Godmystrength: If that is the case, then i won't take it as an INSECURITY issue at all. To me it becomes a TRUST issue....
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Godmystrength: 3:36pm On Aug 21, 2014
mamateniola1:
It's indeed a trust issue! I know what d way yu feeling now because I once experienced it. My boyfriend now DH will call my phone lik 1million times because he was seriously suspecting I was up to something or with another guy.so irritating!!
Start by telling him he should drop his Friends numbers just two of them so that yu can be calling them to check on him whenever his number isn't going tru. Don't show that you are angry so that he wnt know yu wan do 'do me I do you '.

grin grin he knows me too well. even when i am pretending, he know's what's up o. Anyway we don settle the matter last night. grin

As per his friends numbers, they no born the friend that will call my number well o. The friend will explain himself till saliva will finish from his mouth. Hubby doesn't joke to that level o. You call me and have no explanation for it, na to dis-friend the friend with immediate alacrity.
To now hear me ask for his friends' numbers from him na to get ready for 3rd world war.... grin grin
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by mamateniola1: 3:40pm On Aug 21, 2014
[quote author=Godmystrength]imagine!!
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 21, 2014
@snazzylove.....that end of story that you are searching for.......
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by mamateniola1: 3:42pm On Aug 21, 2014
@Godmystrenght oh Good that you have resolved it
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Godmystrength: 4:10pm On Aug 21, 2014
bodashee: @snazzylove.....that end of story that you are searching for.......
leave her alone o. She go search tire....
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Godmystrength: 4:11pm On Aug 21, 2014
mamateniola1: @Godmystrenght oh Good that you have resolved it. Marriage no be easy thing!!
na true jare
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by mamateniola1: 4:39pm On Aug 21, 2014
---------

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 21, 2014
@Mamateniola. Thanks so much.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 5:56pm On Aug 21, 2014
Godmystrength: My eyes are so wide OPEN o so there will be no surprises. He know i have a soft heart ni and he is always using that against me sad...

In fact, i am still observing him closely to see if he will keep to his words..
Dear I used to be like you, though a part of me is still like you. But marriage has toughen me up, though not to the extent I want but I am getting there. Experience has thought me that anything you don't want later, you have to deal with it as they arise.

You need to be a bit tough on some of the issues. Unless you realised that every day you are being drained emotionally trying to please a lot of people.

I will still advise that while you are watching still collect his phone and delete all the numbers that is related to your work people. Then go to your contacts and change the names. Cos from what I can feel here, you ain't strong emotionally to lock your phone becos you don't want the drama that will accompany it.

Very insecure men are very manipulative, I have been there once but dear I must tell you I carried my load and run as far as. It was easy for me though cos we were dating. So now that you are married to him, don't just see it as love. Try to handle it by being firm. It isn't easy though cos this is a hubby we are talking about, but remember that your job is also very important

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Godmystrength: 6:10pm On Aug 21, 2014
Icherishu:
Dear I used to be like you, though a part of me is still like you. But marriage has toughen me up, though not to the extent I want but I am getting there. Experience has thought me that anything you don't want later, you have to deal with it as they arise.

You need to be a bit tough on some of the issues. Unless you realised that every day you are being drained emotionally trying to please a lot of people.

I will still advise that while you are watching still collect his phone and delete all the numbers that is related to your work people. Then go to your contacts and change the names. Cos from what I can feel here, you ain't strong emotionally to lock your phone becos you don't want the drama that will accompany it.

Very insecure men are very manipulative, I have been there once but dear I must tell you I carried my load and run as far as. It was easy for me though cos we were dating. So now that you are married to him, don't just see it as love. Try to handle it by being firm. It isn't easy though cos this is a hubby we are talking about, but remember that your job is also very important
Doing that will not achieve much because he is very good with numbers. It can only work for new numbers (the ones he hasn't seen/noticed). Even if i delete all the contacts on his phone he can't be bothered because most numbers are in his head and he only has some few written somewhere and they won't include my colleagues numbers.

Lock phone ke? That won't work o. The next thing is for him to just ask for the password (cos he will assume i locked it because of our son). If i refuse, hmmmm, let's not even go there........ It has happened before and it wasn't funny. A very serious matter indeed.

Mind you, he wasn't like this before marriage. He acts less bothered about my phones. Maybe because i have VERY FEW friends so less contacts on my phones and even less calls. MOST of my contacts and calls are family members
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 7:57pm On Aug 21, 2014
mamateniola1: @bodashee, ehugss for you. I love smart women.

I alwaya tell ple that God has deposited so much in us as women. We are powerful. If we look inwards we will find that power then we have to know how to use it. We should also Choose d battle we fight, not all battles are worth fighting. Some battles you fight without talking n some you talk. We shld choose rightly.

DH doesn't always stand up for me infact I tell him always that 'I know I am on my own ' except In some cases (tho a very good guy )so I don't even mention or report anyone esp his family (tho dey r not bad).
I have just one SIL that enters my house d way she likes afterall na my Bros house.you know that kind of thinking. Even when she is coming, she only calls her brother she has never called me one day to say I dey come oh, even if she dey go, I will just see her bag, some times I ask, you don dey go, some times I wnt even look her bag talkless of the owner of the bag.I never mentioned it once to DH,i m cool with it. The only thing is that as she has come and didn't inform me, I behave like she doesn't exist in the house. I can go out and come back in the evening.it's none of my business. If I feel like going nude in my house, I go nude, she will even enter our bedroom without knocking sef. Even if she wan cook, she will call DH and ask wetin we wan eat. DH will then turn to me if we r together and asked what will she cook? I will answer anything she wan cook make she cook.

now, let me anger some anticipated questions- we used to be good, not best friends even before I marry, we talk about her boyfriend's and I advise as my wisdom reach, we talk about several other issues so I can say our relationship isn't that bad as inlaw concern, even now, she still talk to me about what she wants me to hear, I guess, she even enters my room, take anything even wear my free sized tops n I ask her for things if I like but I don't ever take her things behind her or ransack her stuff like she wil do to me. Yet she no feel m worth informing when coming to my house

for me, m cool cos as she dey treat me na so I go treat her. She is a woman and one day be married to another person 's brother.

That attitude of coming without informing can be so annoying. That sense of entitlement is what is killing some of us. It once happened to me few months after marriage. SIL wanted to come and do her IT, she packed her bag and she and the bro have finished discussing it and no one has informed me. It was just few days to her coming that she informed me that she is coming just because her elder sis asked her weda she has informed me if not she couldn't have informed. Throughout her stay she won't say anything to me if she is going out. The bro will come back to ask, I won't know what to say.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 21, 2014
Godmystrength: Doing that will not achieve much because he is very good with numbers. It can only work for new numbers (the ones he hasn't seen/noticed). Even if i delete all the contacts on his phone he can't be bothered because most numbers are in his head and he only has some few written somewhere and they won't include my colleagues numbers.

Lock phone ke? That won't work o. The next thing is for him to just ask for the password (cos he will assume i locked it because of our son). If i refuse, hmmmm, let's not even go there........ It has happened before and it wasn't funny. A very serious matter indeed.

Mind you, he wasn't like this before marriage. He acts less bothered about my phones. Maybe because i have VERY FEW friends so less contacts on my phones and even less calls. MOST of my contacts and calls are family members
Then you have to use the communication techniques. Talk more. Talk more and talk more.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Godmystrength: 8:18pm On Aug 21, 2014
Icherishu:
Then you have to use the communication techniques. Talk more. Talk more and talk more.
that i do/am doing now my sister. May God help me.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 21, 2014
Godmystrength: that i do/am doing now my sister. May God help me.
Amen. The Lord is our strength.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by snazzylove: 9:46pm On Aug 21, 2014
bodashee: @snazzylove.....that end of story that you are searching for.......
grin grin #putting on my bedmatic binaculars# cool. Raising curtain and watching Godmystrength closely wink.

Bodashee shift abeg you are blocking my view cheesy
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Godmystrength: 10:02pm On Aug 21, 2014
^^^#drops the curtains and puts off the lights#. Can't afford to keep him waiting. Good night all. Off to perform one of my conjugal duties o grin
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by snazzylove: 10:15pm On Aug 21, 2014
Choiii!!! Am not taking this again. Wia is dis bobo? #runs off# honeyyyyyyyyyyyy... tongue
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 11:47pm On Aug 21, 2014
@snazzylove, I've got 3D glasses o. Shey make I borrow u?
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by megamindmaster(m): 7:24am On Aug 22, 2014
freecocoa: Na wa o.

Since when is insecurity now a sign of love biko nu? I've read countless times in this family section that an insecure man is a no no, abi is insecurity a bad thing only when dating and turns into love after marriage?

Make una remember say some of us never marry and are learning from una o.
Yes o! Some of us... grin
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by megamindmaster(m): 8:05am On Aug 22, 2014
snazzylove: Choiii!!! Am not taking this again. Wia is dis bobo? #runs off# honeyyyyyyyyyyyy... tongue
Hmmm. This thing "night love" that you people are sharing @snazzylove and Godismystrength, continue... There is Godu o... Easy o!
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Godmystrength: 8:20am On Aug 22, 2014
megamindmaster:
Hmmm. This thing "night love" that you people are sharing @snazzylove and Godismystrength, continue... There is Godu o... Easy o!
grin grin grin
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Godmystrength: 8:20am On Aug 22, 2014
bodashee: @snazzylove, I've got 3D glasses o. Shey make I borrow u?
Try again later o... tongue
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by sauceEEP(m): 11:26am On Aug 22, 2014
Nice thread. Here to learn from the married folks smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (67) (Reply)

Man Catches His Wife Sleeping With Another Man; Takes A Selfie With Them (Pix) / Son-in-law Impregnates Mother-in-law Who Came To Take Care Of Newborn Baby (pics / Married Woman Kissing Her Secret Lover Gets Stuck To His Lips(photos,video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.